(Topic ID: 175998)

The Official Gottlieb 1977 EM Cleopatra/Pyramid Club! Drooling Encouraged!

By EM-PINMAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

playfield 2 (resized).jpg
playfield 1 (resized).jpg
cabinet 1 (resized).jpg
Full frontal (resized).jpg
Cabinet 2 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
IMG_3302 (resized).JPG
IMG_3304 (resized).JPG
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
IMG_3597 (resized).JPG
IMG_3598 (resized).JPG
IMG_3565 (resized).JPG
IMG_3243 (resized).JPG
IMG_3237 (resized).JPG
IMG_3240 (resized).JPG
IMG_3235 (resized).JPG
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Congrats on your find! Glad you were able to find one local. That back glass is what dreams are made from.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that chrome is probably/definitely original.

#52 7 years ago

Thanks Max.
I just found out, these are Bally gray legs....28 1/2" long
The backglass is going to a very safe place in the house, not in the garage!
IMG_3243 (resized).JPGIMG_3243 (resized).JPG

#53 7 years ago

I think Pinball Resource sells legs for like $15 per leg. Definitely worth it to have super shiny brand new properly sized legs!

#54 7 years ago

Yep, I will.
Every pin in my collection has new chrome legs.
One day, I'll build a new game room next to home theater, I'll put 3 Gottliebs in one corner and 2 Williams system 11s to other corner on same wall.

Maybe, I'll buy a few Egyptian statues and place in wall niches...hehehe

ebay.com link: bhp

1 month later
#55 6 years ago

Well I'm officially out of the club for good as I sold my machine today to my good friend.

One of our cats got very sick and had to spend a couple days at the vet which came out to a $2200.00 bill.

Such is life, but family first.

#56 6 years ago

Hey, why didn't I find this club months ago. Here's my game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reviving-a-cleopatra-come-help

#57 6 years ago

It's because this thread is for the EM version only.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

It's because this thread is for the EM version only.

Lol. I read gud.

2 weeks later
#59 6 years ago

Hey, glad to see there's a club now. I have a question for you: what color(s) do your kick-outs spot? I played a gorgeous Cleo at Allentown this year, and I swore it spotted me the RED! That seemed kind of "un-fun" to me because on mine the only way to get the red rollover is at the top of the playfield, and half of the fun is fighting to get the ball back up there.

I'm still having this bonus scoring issue, maybe one of you more experienced Cleo owners have advice?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-cleopatra-5k-bonus-scores-incorrectly

#60 6 years ago

Hey members, I need 2 very close-up pictures near kick-out holes (90 degree right angle camera to playfield and macro mode)
I wanted to touch up 2 spots perfectly...
Thanks!
IMG_3565 (resized).JPGIMG_3565 (resized).JPG
IMG_3597 (resized).JPGIMG_3597 (resized).JPG
IMG_3598 (resized).JPGIMG_3598 (resized).JPG

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Hey members, I need 2 very close-up pictures near kick-out holes (90 degree right angle camera to playfield and macro mode)
I wanted to touch up 2 spots perfectly...
Thanks!

Ha! If I took pictures of the one I have you would be in the same boat as they both have the same wear spots. I'm sure someone out there has a nice minty Playfield, even if it is an SS version it would be the same. Good Luck in your quest.

#63 6 years ago

I recently sold one to CoinTaker at the Allentown show... clearcoated, basically all mechanics gone over completely... he's offering this game up on this site for 1600... a bit high but I can tell ya it plays freakin' awesome.

3 weeks later
#64 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

One of our cats got very sick and had to spend a couple days at the vet

Your cat has a very good home..
I'm interested in knowing. Has to be gone through, but what's a
nice all around Cleo (EM) roughly going for? (T)

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Your cat has a very good home..
I'm interested in knowing. Has to be gone through, but what's a
nice all around Cleo (EM) roughly going for? (T)

I have now seen three of them sell for $2000.00 in a row. Mine was totally shopped with new parts, and the others not so much, so mine was the better deal and went to a close friend so I can still play it when I visit.

Cats, the final frontier.........................................

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have now seen three of them sell for $2000.00 in a row.

I was really surprised when I saw those last 2 ebay auctions close at over $2,000. Neither of the games were even shopped.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have now seen three of them sell for $2000.00 in a row.

That does say a little something..
Of course opinions can vary, and I like the EM Joker Poker,
but does anyone have a favorite over the other playability wise?
I've never played Cleo..

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

but does anyone have a favorite over the other playability wise?

I haven't played Joker Poker in a while, but I enjoyed it immensely. From a rules perspective, they're both very similar: Complete a thing to score it's bonus value. All objectives need to be completed to score the bonus value--otherwise no bonus is scored.

I think for Joker Poker, you really only have to hammer down all the drop targets of a similar suit to get the respective bonus, but Cleopatra requires the player to match both the rollovers AND the drops, so the player needs to make consecutive shots back up to the playfield as well as aim for the dangerous targets.

They're both fantastic games, imho. Personally, I think I'd rather have Joker Poker since I love drop targets, but Cleopatra is no slouch either.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Cleopatra is no slouch either.

Okay, Thanks. I'll be working on a deal for the Cleopatra to go with the J.P.
Also have an EM Sinbad that I still need to go through, but I haven't heard
much said about that title..

3 weeks later
#70 6 years ago

I see my 3 relays ("Q", "R" & "U") are burnt but still working....well, I'd like to get new parts to replace ....coils, springs and armatures with insulated arms. (insulated arms also burnt too)
IMG_3304 (resized).JPGIMG_3304 (resized).JPG
IMG_3301 (resized).JPGIMG_3301 (resized).JPG
IMG_3302 (resized).JPGIMG_3302 (resized).JPG
On PBR website, there are 2 different type of armatures with insulated arms..........A.C. and D.C.
I know mine is an EM but......umm I'm really not sure .....I have heard some D.C. on final EM machines....

I think, I'll go for A.C......please, let me know....just to be sure before ordering some parts
Thank you!
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

On PBR website, there are 2 different type of armatures with insulated arms..........A.C. and D.C.
I know mine is an EM but......umm I'm really not sure .....I have heard some D.C. on final EM machines....

It looks like the only difference between the AC and DC armatures is the addition of a washer on the DC one. Not sure what/where these washers are, but maybe you can check the ones currently on your machine?

2 months later
#72 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

It looks like the only difference between the AC and DC armatures is the addition of a washer on the DC one. Not sure what/where these washers are, but maybe you can check the ones currently on your machine?

I know I'm super late to the party here, but if I recall correctly, there are two different ones because Gottlieb converted their continuous duty relay coils to DC voltage at some point in the mid to late 70s. You'll see that some Gottliebs have a couple of Diodes wired in facing each other in parts of the game and in the schematic. You can convert some of the non rectified relays to be rectified, and use a higher Ohms coil so it'll never burn up again.

4 years later
#73 2 years ago

And another Necro bump.

I will be getting another back glass for my Cleopatra as the current one has a lot of flake in the green face and a little in other areas. I'll get some pics up if anyone is interested.

What I'm willing to do is use the box that Mayfair sends me the replacement glass in and ship my old glass to you. You must cover the shipping/insurance cost and then pay it forward

But, you must be a current Cleo owner in need.

Update: Due to the cold weather Steve is waiting for a warm spell in the weather, a bit too cold to ship glass now.

6 months later
#74 1 year ago
Cabinet 2 (resized).jpgCabinet 2 (resized).jpgFull frontal (resized).jpgFull frontal (resized).jpgcabinet 1 (resized).jpgcabinet 1 (resized).jpgplayfield 1 (resized).jpgplayfield 1 (resized).jpgplayfield 2 (resized).jpgplayfield 2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-gottlieb-1977-em-cleopatra-club-drooling-encouraged/page/2?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.