(Topic ID: 353003)

The Official Fast Food Connoisseurs Thread

By o-din

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Honey Hot (resized).jpg
    IMG_5425 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5790 (resized).jpeg
    9E59D240-D235-4A48-A882-BD6511FE3546 (resized).jpeg
    Teriyaki Madness (resized).jpg
    IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
    Good Burger.gif
    IMG_8023 (resized).JPG
    Breaking news.gif
    Cherry Berry (resized).jpg
    IMG_5575 (resized).jpeg
    o (resized).jpg
    IMG_3032 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1848 (resized).jpeg
    There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 76 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The Double Del Cheeseburger from Del Taco was the best food today.[quoted image]

I have them add bacon to it. For a taco place they have the best fries and one of the best burgers.

#102 76 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve been smashing a lot of BonChon lately, delicious. They have locations in most of the major markets.
    [quoted image]

I went to a place up here called Chi Maek Korean Fried Chicken. I swear that menu you posted is the same one at this place.

#103 76 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I went to a place up here called Chi Maek Korean Fried Chicken. I swear that menu you posted is the same one at this place.

Where the hell is "up here"?

#104 76 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Where the hell is "up here"?

Minneapolis area.

#105 76 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I have them add bacon to it. For a taco place they have the best fries and one of the best burgers.

And what's pretty amazing, unlike all the other places, in the over 50 years I've been going there their standard items like those have never changed. When Del Taco now has one of the best fast food burgers and fries, it just shows how downhill places like McDs and Carls have gone.

But that has always been one tasty burger. It's over 6 bucks now though, but we had a buy one get one free coupon, so it worked out pretty well.

#106 75 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When Del Taco now has one of the best fast food burgers and fries

All right O-din you finally talked me into trying a Del Taco 'Burger'

I always overlook the burgers on Del Taco's menu. I usually go there for the mexican food. I also skip the burgers at KFC/A & W.

Now I gotta go get me a Del Taco Burger

Good Burger.gifGood Burger.gif
    #107 74 days ago

That burger is a good deal if you have the two for one coupon. Seems a little high at $6.50 for its size, but I guess that's the way of the world these last three years.

I hadn't been there for a long time because they no longer send out the coupons and are so expensive otherwise. But they have come back down to Earth with some pretty good deals now. On Tuesdays they have 8 pieces legs and thighs for $10 and I got that last week and the pieces were big and fresh.

They have some other specials full time that won't break the bank as well.

https://www.kfc.com/menu#special-offers

#108 74 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Del Taco is a weapon against East Coasters.
    Westerners know we don't have one so thats all they talk about.
    I was tired of it 10 years ago. Their ass just won't expand here.
    Sorry, forgot this wasn't the Bitch thread.
    Anyway, they don't have Cookout, so there!

I think the farthest East I've seen a Del Taco is Gallup New Mexico.

#109 74 days ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I think the farthest East I've seen a Del Taco is Gallup New Mexico.

They used to be in Florida. Not sure if they’re still are.

#110 74 days ago

It looks like they have a few spread out across the country now. I've been told the one in Barstow near the original location is very special.

https://locations.deltaco.com/us

#111 73 days ago

I just tried these tonight for the first time.
    Pretty darn good! $4.99 for four of ‘em.

IMG_5780 (resized).jpegIMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
    #112 73 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That burger is a good deal if you have the two for one coupon. Seems a little high at $6.50 for its size

I tried it and it was great. Definitely have to go with the double as the patties are on the thinner side. I liked the cheese and it did not hurt my stomach like McDonald's or Burger King. Del Taco burgers are worthy and I will be ordering again.

I tried the $10 KFC bucket deal and it is a great value even though it is all dark meat. I like their seasoning they use. I was eating Popeye's chicken the other day and it tasted bland compared to KFC(no flavor).

Another great franchise that I enjoy is Teriyaki Madness with rice, chicken and fresh veggies...

Teriyaki Madness (resized).jpgTeriyaki Madness (resized).jpg
    #113 73 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I tried it and it was great. Definitely have to go with the double as the patties are on the thinner side. I liked the cheese and it did not hurt my stomach like McDonald's or Burger King. Del Taco burgers are worthy and I will be ordering again.
    I tried the $10 KFC bucket deal and it is a great value even though it is all dark meat. I like their seasoning they use. I was eating Popeye's chicken the other day and it tasted bland compared to KFC(no flavor).
    Another great franchise that I enjoy is Teriyaki Madness with rice, chicken and fresh veggies... [quoted image]

I like the dark meat chicken at KFC extra crispy when its on sale,The Teriyaki bowls are great large is like 15 bucks but its a lot of chow.

#114 73 days ago

Popeyes sells Pigeon size chicken,found a wing under a postage stamp one day.

#115 73 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It looks like they have a few spread out across the country now. I've been told the one in Barstow near the original location is very special.
    https://locations.deltaco.com/us

It is...but only a little.
    They don't make a huge deal about being the first location, but they do offer at least one item that no other location does, AFAIK:

the Bun Taco

It's the usual fillings of their regular crunchy taco, but on a hamburger bun.

Yeah, it's basically a Sloppy Joe, but it's good, cheap, and nobody else is doing it.

#116 73 days ago

Headed back to Denver in June and will be going to “Burger Haven”. After that, Leadville.

9E59D240-D235-4A48-A882-BD6511FE3546 (resized).jpeg9E59D240-D235-4A48-A882-BD6511FE3546 (resized).jpeg

#117 73 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

A drumstick at El Pollo Loco is barely bigger than your thumb.

IMG_5790 (resized).jpegIMG_5790 (resized).jpegIMG_5792 (resized).jpegIMG_5792 (resized).jpeg
    #118 73 days ago
    Quoted from mooch:

[quoted image][quoted image]

But making a Pollo Loco ‘skin burrito’ always puts a smile on my face!

#119 73 days ago
    Quoted from mooch:

A whole wing there has less eatable meat than one of those wing pieces they sell elsewhere.

At least you know it will never be "undercooked".

#120 72 days ago

I had a double single with both kinds of onions, no spread and a chocolate shake at In N Out today for under ten bucks.

I like them both, but find the Double Del to be the all around tastier burger, but the In N Out is slightly larger with more produce.

#121 70 days ago

Today I learned if I send my daughter to KFC for the Tuesday special is we get an actual bucket bulging with chicken instead of a box crammed full of pieces.

#122 70 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Church’s has by far the best fast food chicken and their dipping sauces are top notch. KFC tastes funky and the quality control at Popeyes is abysmal. Albertsons supermarket near me also makes very good fried chicken. The shittiest chicken is of course Chick-fil-A and their dipping sauces are disgusting.

1 week later
    #123 61 days ago

So I decided to go to Taco Bell tonight and try out their new “Cantina Chicken” menu items. They left me a bit confused to be honest.

My memory isn’t that great… but I feel like several (maybe more than that) years ago they completely changed their chicken, which was pretty widely regarded as a big move toward better quality chicken, etc. That being said, while it may be that their new chicken was better quality, I think I preferred the old chicken because I no longer ordered or wanted their chicken items.

But the Cantina Chicken taste wasn’t new to me somehow - either it is more like the old Taco Bell chicken or it tastes more like some other fast food restaurant’s chicken (Del Taco maybe?) that I am already familiar with.

Anyone else try it yet? Am I nuts? Well… okay maybe that’s a given… but have any of you had it and recognized it?

#124 60 days ago

I’ve tried a few of the things off the new Cantina chicken line at Taco Bell. The one thing that struck me about those items that I didn’t particularly like was all the red cabbage they use. I have seen cole slaw in Mexican items as a filler/crunch before but never plain dull red cabbage. It totally ruined the taste for me all to save money on using it as a filler.

#125 60 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Breaking News on the Shake Front Folks...
    Had a Wendy's Orange Dreamsicle Frosty and a Chick-fil-a Cherry Berry Frosted
    The Orange Dreamsicle was ok but I would stick with the regular chocolate frosty
    The Cherry Berry Frosted was delicious and well worth it and I will be going back again [quoted image][quoted image]

I tried the Orange creamsicle frosty from Wendy’s too. Really enjoyed it but not a $3.49 for a medium. Too expensive nowadays for a medium Frosty.

#126 60 days ago

Went to a McDonalds in Buffalo NY yesterday and got their new limited time $5 meal deal. For five bucks you get a double cheeseburger, 4 piece nuggets, small fries and soda. That’s a hell of a deal. Get it while you can.

#127 60 days ago

HoneyBadger which McDonalds?

#128 60 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Went to a McDonalds in Buffalo NY yesterday and got their new limited time $5 meal deal. For five bucks you get a double cheeseburger, 4 piece nuggets, small fries and soda. That’s a hell of a deal. Get it while you can.

That’s a step in the right direction for sure. The prices for what you get without using their app are nuts.

I went there myself a couple days ago because once a week on their app I can cash in the 30% off deal. It is for mobile orders only, but at 30% off that makes the price make more sense.

#129 60 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I've been seeing quite a few commercials for that recently. Makes me tempted to make the one mile trek to McDonald's to try it.

#130 60 days ago

Hands down was a favorite as a teenager, now if I even try to eat a small one feel sick. Sadly stomach isn’t built for it anymore but still love the smell - salivate still over these bad boys

IMG_5425 (resized).jpegIMG_5425 (resized).jpeg
    #131 60 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

... For a taco place they have the best fries and one of the best burgers.

Completely agree! McDonald's are still good, but I'll take Del Taco Fries any day over the Golden Arches fries.

1 week later
    #132 50 days ago

So I got a taste of the new AI that is starting to come to fast food restaurants yesterday. I called Wing Stop to order some wings and a sandwich and I was shocked by the phone conversation. I have dealt with the automated robot answering services before-but nothing like this. The fluidity of the conversation was crazy to me and AI has come a long way. Nice women's voice with typing in the background after each question is answered. Everything was crystal clear and ordering was a breeze. Payment was at the location and what really blew me away.......After paying-there was no tip option? I gave them some cash but just the thought of this national chain not having a tip option blew my mind. From the automation and no tip option-I was beside myself.

BTW-try the Honey Hot Wings

Honey Hot (resized).jpgHoney Hot (resized).jpg
    #133 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

So I got a taste of the new AI that is starting to come to fast food restaurants yesterday. I called Wing Stop to order some wings and a sandwich and I was shocked by the phone conversation. I have dealt with the automated robot answering services before-but nothing like this. The fluidity of the conversation was crazy to me and AI has come a long way. Nice women's voice with typing in the background after each question is answered. Everything was crystal clear and ordering was a breeze. Payment was at the location and what really blew me away.......After paying-there was no tip option? I gave them some cash but just the thought of this national chain not having a tip option blew my mind. From the automation and no tip option-I was beside myself.
    [quoted image]

Around here with the 20 dollar minimun wage we are seeing kiosks to order and less people.The days of having a human mess up your order are coming to a close.

#134 50 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

...The days of having a human mess up your order are coming to a close.

"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer"
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#135 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

Wing Stop is by far the best national wing chain.

#136 50 days ago
    Quoted from Mank:

HoneyBadger which McDonalds?

No idea, not from Buffalo.

#137 50 days ago

I’m off to San Francisco/Oakland next week. Any local fast food joints that are a must to check out?

#138 50 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I’m off to San Francisco/Oakland next week. Any local fast food joints that are a must to check out?

not without security

#139 50 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

When Im in SF I get seafood.Crab and or Lobster rolls shrimp cocktails and that kind of stuff.Right on wharf row.

#140 46 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I miss SF Bodin, they make good sour dough bread—get the chowder in the bread bowl.

#141 46 days ago
    Quoted from PinFascination:

Hands down was a favorite as a teenager, now if I even try to eat a small one feel sick. Sadly stomach isn’t built for it anymore but still love the smell - salivate still over these bad boys
    [quoted image]

I believe it was around the early 90s they stopped using beef tallow.

#142 46 days ago
    Quoted from bruinfan:

I miss SF Bodin, they make good sour dough bread—get the chowder in the bread bowl.

They also make a great dark rye bread.

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.