(Topic ID: 83308)

The Official EM Gottlieb Abra-Ca-Dabra Club - Droolers Welcomed!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20191225_122621_resizeda (resized).jpg
20191225_122852_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_2043 (resized).jpeg
20240307_075637_resized (resized).jpg
20240206_181357_resized (resized).jpg
20240130_095053_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0072 (resized).jpeg
Ball Guide Rail Scuff (resized).jpg
Credit_Wireform (resized).jpg
IMG_5093 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

Picked up my Abra at the start of the year. I've been looking for one for years and this game was less than 5 minutes drive from my house. Nice BG but the play field needs some work.

3 months later
#71 9 years ago

I've lived in Canada for over 18 years and never heard anyone use the term Hoser

1 year later
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If Abra Ca Dabra had 2 inch flippers and a small post between the flippers would it be a much more brutal game?

2" flippers would a make a really great game into a really crappy game - I hate 2" flippers

#202 8 years ago

For this price I would expect the insert keylines to look better...they should have been touched up BEFORE the clearcoat . Still it looks very nice...and so it should at $7900!

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra Pinball High End Restoration NOS PLAY FIELD WOW

3 months later
#221 8 years ago

I have just started restoring my Abra Ca Dabra! It's been sitting in my basement for two years now and I decided that I would get it ready for the Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo in Sept http://www.vancouverflipout.com/

The plastics are a mess/missing and I am planning on doing my own repros so does anyone have some decent scans they could send me - it would be very much appreciated

I know Pinball Rescue does a repro set of plastics but at USD$126 + shipping but that would be over CAD$200 right now

I will update on my progress - the playfield is dinged up but I'm going to hit it with the frisket and air brush and see if I can breathe life back into it.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

Ron here - get in Touch if no one has scans ... You're due to come by and play some more wedge heads anyhow

Hey Ron! Thanks for the offer but hopefully someone has scans and doesn't have to take their game apart to do it

I'll have to have you over for some early 80's pinball action - let me know if you're ever out in Coquitlam.

10 months later
#253 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I'm also holding onto mine and waiting for Wade Krause to do the playfield, which will be happening soon

Any idea when? Where did you hear about Wade doing an Abra Ca Santa playfield?

4 months later
#279 7 years ago

I am restoring my ACD playfield and could really do with some pics of the pop bumper areas without the pop bumpers installed. I will be repainting that area as it is worn down to wood and I can't find any decent pics. Thanks!

I found this but it is a redraw and is the best I have so far...

http://popotte.arcadehits.net/AbraCaDabra.jpg

#281 7 years ago

Perfect! Thanks boilerman

I wish my playfield was as nice as that one

1 year later
#326 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Rumor has it that Wade is getting really close, he is to survey the list he has...

Wade is hoping to deliver in 6 weeks! I've had my ACD apart for a several of year now and just can't get into repainting and clearing the playfield. I need to play my game and am looking forward to getting a shiny new playfield

3 months later
#388 5 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

Congrats hwyhed - welcome to the club !

We should create a Vancouver ACD owners sub club

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

Warren
Would we be a club of 3?!?

I think there's another ACD in North Vancouver too. But three would be a good start

2 weeks later
#399 5 years ago

A few pics of the finished playfields:

https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/

#405 5 years ago

Mine is on its way! Will be glad to be able to finally get my ACD up and running soon. It's been in pieces since I got it several years ago as I could never get around to doing the playfield painting and clearing.

There are going to be a lot more droolers around when photos of the new installed playfields hit Pinside

I'm embarrassed to say, but I bought the game on New Years Eve 2013 and haven't played a game on it since then. That was a crazy evening as we were hosting a New Years Eve party that night and I had to jump on the deal (can't remember what excuse I gave to my wife for sneaking out lol). Fortunately it was located only a mile away from my house so I wasn't gone for long

#415 5 years ago

Yup. I've already give through the motor board and back box.... Just waiting for the new playfield!

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Anybody spot the factory artifact that Wade faithfully reproduced in his playfields? Quite humorous to see go to this extreme, he is a perfectionist!

I don't think I want to know lol. I've been involved with a couple of CPR repros and there are a couple of errors that I am aware of that bug me

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Just for that I'll tell you , below the left flipper there is a break in the black edging. we thought is was an error in the new pf but its on the original too[quoted image]

That's not too bad, I thought it was going to be a spelling mistake or some obvious midregistration. I just checked my original ACD playfield and it has that break in the keyline though I didn't notice it at first because the is a small chip in that area.

#432 5 years ago

S/N 4845

15504304499542159522997431815018 (resized).jpg15504304499542159522997431815018 (resized).jpg
#433 5 years ago

Hopefully Wade didn't reproduce the misregistration on the white layer....

15504306381726702806815217095355 (resized).jpg15504306381726702806815217095355 (resized).jpg15504306042044147635237711787927 (resized).jpg15504306042044147635237711787927 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#472 5 years ago

Which guide are you guys talking about? My game is in pieces so I can't refer to it . I'm thinking about ordering a set of plastics....

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

Oh man ... guys now you are going to make me go look at mine!!
Warren you are due to come over for a few beers and pinball too FYI!!

I was just thinking the same lol!

1 week later
#478 5 years ago

pinhead52 did you order new light tubes from PBR? I'm missing one and can't find a part # in the catalog. TBH the ones I do have are discolored and slightly damaged so will probably replace them all.

Great work on the swap - can't wait to get to mine now once my home renos are done.

#481 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll let you know what I get.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

I used a built in vacuum pvc tube. $7 for an 8' length. Exact same diameter and I should be able to get about 75 pieces. Lol. No one I know will be needing light tubes for a while.

vonclod where did you get the tubing from?

#487 5 years ago

vonclod the shields I need are 0.75" OD and fit over each drop target lamp...those look a bit big lol. The ones in your pic look like they are for the backbox Game Over, Tilt lamp?

7 months later
#510 4 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I recently got an Abra. It is great! Had to sell my JJP Pirates to make room . There are 2 issues, one if which is recent (and I am more concerned about)
- When hitting the bonus drop target while the bonus is at 1k, you are awarded zero points. Have no idea why this started happening. The bonus works fine when it is at 2k+.
- Also the tilt attached to the plumb bob never worked.
If anyone has any ideas on how to go about fixing these, lemme know. The bonus bug is new and befuddling to me. I would like to fix that sooner than later.[quoted image]

For the bonus not scoring 1K check the Motor 2C switch circled below.

Does the T relay operate if you make the plumb bob touch the ring? Try polishing the ring and plumb bob.

Image 2 (resized).pngImage 2 (resized).png
#511 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Regarding the Green Bumper bodies and skirts: I've taken a look around the internet and found other examples of Abra Ca Dabra games that appear to have the same mismatched green bumper bodies and skirts. The one from Pinball Pimp seems to be a completely restored game. The one from pinrepair also seems to have been recently restored.
ACD owners: can you take a look at your bumper bodies/skirts? If you still have the originals, do the bodies and skirt green colors match? Has anyone found matching colors in new bodies/skirts?[quoted image][quoted image]

These are the original bumper body and skirt - colours match.

IMG_20191113_201033 (resized).jpgIMG_20191113_201033 (resized).jpg
#512 4 years ago

The clear plastic divider that sits between the centre standup target and top rollovers was broken into pieces when I gt my ACD. As I'm too cheap to spend a few $$$ on aplastic ( I spent way too much on the playfield lol) I decided to design a replacement. This is the first part I've designed in 3D with the help of my son who coached me in Fusion360 and printed it out on his 3D printer.

I think it came out well and is much more solid than the original. It's great when your kids can actually teach you something for a change!

ACD_Divider_Plastic v7 (resized).pngACD_Divider_Plastic v7 (resized).pngIMG_20191110_184328 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184328 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184335 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184335 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184343 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184343 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184716 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184716 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#518 3 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

Mine was for sale up here in Vancouver BC forever by the chap who bought it from me - not sure but it may still be - was a beautiful example with a wee bit of cabinet damage on the back bottom edge as is commonly the case
Don’t want to see if it is still listed LOL as it will make me miss it ... again

manitouguy It was sold several months ago, pre-covid I think. I hear it's gone to a good home locally and is being enjoyed!

4 months later
#540 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a weird thing going on with my ACD. Whenever I start a game and Im on the 1,000 bonus, it never scores. When I hit the lit (spot) at the drop target, it doesnt score. The outlanes (bonus) do not score either. When I complete 1-4 and advance to 2,000 bonus, it all works and scores as it should. Where would I look to fix this? Thank you for any help

Clean and adjust the Motor 2C switch

Image 5 (resized).pngImage 5 (resized).png
#542 3 years ago

Glad you found the problem. Nice to know my brain still works as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-em-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-club-droolers-welcomed?tu=woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.