(Topic ID: 83308)

The Official EM Gottlieb Abra-Ca-Dabra Club - Droolers Welcomed!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20191225_122621_resizeda (resized).jpg
20191225_122852_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_2043 (resized).jpeg
20240307_075637_resized (resized).jpg
20240206_181357_resized (resized).jpg
20240130_095053_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0072 (resized).jpeg
Ball Guide Rail Scuff (resized).jpg
Credit_Wireform (resized).jpg
IMG_5093 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#401 5 years ago
Quoted from woz:

A few pics of the finished playfields: https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/

Sharing them here for posterity.

img_8237 (resized).jpgimg_8237 (resized).jpg

img_8239 (resized).jpgimg_8239 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#525 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I joined the club last week! One of my grails for sure. Mine was a complete barn find though, and I'd really love to do it full justice and bring it back into respectable shape.
My backglass is actually almost perfect, but the playfield is absolutely trashed. Does anyone have a lead on a repro? I'd even settle for a decent looking playfield someone already swapped out. Doesn't have to be perfect, just better than what I have! I'd like to do a full on restoration on it over the winter.

I have a decent original that I’m replacing with one of Wade’s reproductions. Unfortunately, I probably won’t be swapping them before next summer. If you can’t find another playfield and you have other projects you can work on, I’ll have something available the middle of next year.

It’s the playfield on the right.

IMG_7939 (resized).jpgIMG_7939 (resized).jpg
#526 3 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Hi
I am looking for a PIC of the ABRA CA DABRA score card n°383, like this :
(Peter of Inkochnito does not have this card)
Thanks !
[quoted image]

Here ya go, Andrew.

A-16016-3 (resized).pngA-16016-3 (resized).png
#527 3 years ago

The recommended replay thresholds seem awfully high! I’ve only played DirtFlipper’s Abra Ca Dabra and it always seemed like a hard game to score big on.

2 years later
#595 5 months ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Are there any Wade Abra playfields for sale?

I bought yours three years ago, I think. It’s finally getting installed in the next few weeks. Did you get another game?

That looks like a good restoration candidate. pinhead52 knows someone who can fix that up for about the same amount as Wade’s repro would cost nowadays.

#600 5 months ago
Quoted from ChipS:

If you have not ordered them, you're welcome to one of my extra sets. Just PM me your address.

All the lamps in my Abra are in nice shape, so I’m keeping them original. But thanks for the offer! Gottlieb did use this style on other games, so your extras might be useful on a future project.

1 month later
#609 4 months ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Have others had issues with getting the credit unit display to operate correctly? Mine seems to jam occasionally on adding and subtracting. Horrible design.

The cardinal sin of the half-moon credit unit’s design is its clumsy manual operation. The long nylon pawls wiggle around too much when you try to operate them by hand. They have to get pulled straight down, and only their solenoids can do that reliably. Here’s something you could try: turn the head around (so it’s facing the playfield) and use a set of jumpers to wire the flipper buttons to power the credit unit. One flipper button increments, the other decrements. Then dial it in.

2 months later
#616 76 days ago

Ever since they splintered the ply on some of my earlier restoration projects, those burrs/cleats/studs at the bottom of Gottlieb rails have been my sworn enemy. Now I pound the rails through the bottom of the playfield (their holes go straight through) and then grind off these barbed menaces with a Dremel. They serve no purpose whatsoever. Good riddance.

#632 75 days ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Obviously, it's too late for me to do that. But I am curious. I get that the clear can run into the holes and you re-drill to clear that. But is that necessary on a non-cleared Wade playfield?

Not necessary. Wade prints the clear before drilling the final holes. The holes are the perfect size for accepting the guides—if you get rid of those studs on the bottom.

4 weeks later
#644 46 days ago

You’re not alone. I had a devil of a time getting these tubes out. Pulling them straight out doesn’t work. Rocking and twisting does the trick, but they will resist like hell before finally yielding the first bit of motion. Once they yield, however, you then have leverage and they start coming out easier.

They don’t like going back in, either! Fortunately they are made of pretty tough stuff and can absorb blows from a hammer without taking damage.

Good luck! You’ll get them out.

#655 45 days ago

I just ordered my first 3D printer. When it arrives, I’m going to print some tubes with matte white PLA. This will light up the targets more, help disperse the light under the plastics, mitigate their shadows, and make the tubes look less conspicuous. The damn things look like toilet paper rolls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-em-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-club-droolers-welcomed?tu=leckmeck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.