(Topic ID: 83308)

The Official EM Gottlieb Abra-Ca-Dabra Club - Droolers Welcomed!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20191225_122621_resizeda (resized).jpg
20191225_122852_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_2043 (resized).jpeg
20240307_075637_resized (resized).jpg
20240206_181357_resized (resized).jpg
20240130_095053_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0072 (resized).jpeg
Ball Guide Rail Scuff (resized).jpg
Credit_Wireform (resized).jpg
IMG_5093 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#263 7 years ago

I just finished re-assembling my ACD, after I removed the lower board. The score motor was removed, dis-assembled, and hand polished as well as all of the relays. All of the contacts were cleaned with a quick swipe of the dremel with a wire wheel. All Jones plugs were cleaned the same way.
Play field was cleaned and waxed, with new rubbers, and all stainless was hand polished. I like the Mothers Wheel Cleaner paste with 0000 steel wool for that.

So fast forward to today. I have this machine next to my Team One and I am trying to see which one I prefer. I have ACD set on hi-tap which improves the action greatly.

One problem just arose though. After 2 days of playing, occasionally a 500 point target or rollover will not score, and the ball remains in the drain hole.

Thoughts?

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Finally got around to painting a game for myself and not every body else.
Rustoleum Heirloom white, Montana white "Sunflower (the yellow) and Rustoleum Colonial Red for the...
Krylon black Lava cut with lac thinner. Pinball pimp stencils and a warm but windy day in Texas last week.

Very nice work. Thumbs up!!!

Have you ever tried a Wagner paint sprayer? I may try it for my next restoration. Those Rustoleum colors also come in quarts.

#265 7 years ago

When I got this machine the ground at the coin door was not connected. After i connected it, as soon as a rollover is activated my GFI trips. Happens every time. I then disconnected the ground from the door and find the machine plays fine. I followed the GR-Y from the coin door lead to the power switch and then back to the transformer. No signs of a cross.

Any ideas?

#267 7 years ago

I found the fault. The spring contact, (?), was rubbing the side of the switch causing it to ground out. Slightly bent the spring to allow the blade and fish paper to not contact it.

Cheers.

IMG_7048 (resized).jpgIMG_7048 (resized).jpg

IMG_7046 (resized).jpgIMG_7046 (resized).jpg

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Restoration Special. just need to fix everything.
ebay.com link » 1975 Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra Vintage Pinball Machine

It's got a bid.

2 years later
#504 4 years ago

Any Abra's being considered for sale? Looking... PM with details

1 year later
#519 3 years ago

Selling my Wade Abra Ca Dabra playfield. I know I'll regret it after I sell it. It's still in the shipping crate.
PM if interested.

1 month later
#532 3 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Restoration finished !
[quoted image]

Beautiful, and looks like original pop bumper skirts too.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I asked Wade about clearing when I bought my Abra playfield .. he said they don’t need anything extra applied.

X2, he doesn't recommend it.

1 month later
#544 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have another question about this game. The game plays great everything is working except the tilt light in the backbox. The game will tilt just doesnt light the bulb. I put a new bulb in, still nothing. I jumpered the socket to make sure the socket was good and it came on. So my thought is its not getting the signal. I cant seem to find on the schematic where this is coming from. I cleaned and adjusted the hold relay and the tilt relay, still wont come on. Any thought of where I might look? Thank for any help

When the machine is in Tilt, power flows into "R" Hold relay on BLK-RD, then out of "R" on SL-WH. Check these points with a voltmeter.

6 months later
1 week later
#555 2 years ago
IMG_1373 (resized).jpgIMG_1373 (resized).jpgIMG_1374 (resized).jpgIMG_1374 (resized).jpgIMG_1375 (resized).jpgIMG_1375 (resized).jpgIMG_1376 (resized).jpgIMG_1376 (resized).jpg
#557 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Really nice.
Still kicking myself for missing out on a nice Abra ca Dabra 2 hrs away on eBay awhile back because I made my final bid 20 seconds too early.

Thanks. I lost out on Ebay items the same way. Getting outbid with one second left in the auction seems to happen a lot.

2 years later
#594 6 months ago

I need to replace my playfield. Are there any Wade Abra playfields for sale?

IMG_5089 (resized).jpgIMG_5089 (resized).jpgIMG_5093 (resized).jpgIMG_5093 (resized).jpgIMG_5097 (resized).jpgIMG_5097 (resized).jpg
#599 5 months ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I bought yours three years ago, I think. It’s finally getting installed in the next few weeks. Did you get another game?
That looks like a good restoration candidate. pinhead52 knows someone who can fix that up for about the same amount as Wade’s repro would cost nowadays.

It always figures after you sell a part, you end up needing it in the future. Oh well, can't keep it all. I am going through the machine now and plan on using it as is, or until a "Wade" PF becomes available.
Completely broke down the motor board and underside of the playfield. Everything cleaned and polished. The machine was owned by the same owner since 1980. Only 30,000 plays, but the pf wasn't cared for.

2 weeks later
#601 5 months ago
Quoted from Playdium:

It always figures after you sell a part, you end up needing it in the future. Oh well, can't keep it all. I am going through the machine now and plan on using it as is, or until a "Wade" PF becomes available.
Completely broke down the motor board and underside of the playfield. Everything cleaned and polished. The machine was owned by the same owner since 1980. Only 30,000 plays, but the pf wasn't cared for.

Well, I guess I'm doing a playfield swap. I just picked up a Wade Abra Ca Dabra playfield. Boy he does beautiful work!

1 week later
#602 4 months ago

Have others had issues with getting the credit unit display to operate correctly? Mine seems to jam occasionally on adding and subtracting. Horrible design.

#604 4 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

yes it is. disassemble and clean it....

Already did.

2 months later
#640 73 days ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Did bid on the one that’s being auctioned off. Came to my senses, for now, and won’t go any higher.

One currently on Ebay in Florida, but asking price is too high for the condition. Appears to have quite a dried out playfield. I was lucky to grab a Wade PF recently for my machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-em-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-club-droolers-welcomed?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.