(Topic ID: 83308)

The Official EM Gottlieb Abra-Ca-Dabra Club - Droolers Welcomed!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20191225_122621_resizeda (resized).jpg
20191225_122852_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_2043 (resized).jpeg
20240307_075637_resized (resized).jpg
20240206_181357_resized (resized).jpg
20240130_095053_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0072 (resized).jpeg
Ball Guide Rail Scuff (resized).jpg
Credit_Wireform (resized).jpg
IMG_5093 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GizzArd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 9 years ago

Finally got my acd. I paid 650 and I'm very satisfied. Playfield and backglass are amazing!!!! It was dirty but it cleaned up beautifully. It has some cracked plastics but I can always buy those. The game is insane!!!! I was worried because I thought selling my firepower was a mistake to get acd. Now I'm so happy I did.

image-181.jpgimage-181.jpg
image-817.jpgimage-817.jpg
image-875.jpgimage-875.jpg
image-262.jpgimage-262.jpg
image-167.jpgimage-167.jpg
image-918.jpgimage-918.jpg

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

What's the count on the play meter inside the bottom cab?

#058618 plays it was on normal tap. It was never on a high tap. also on the right side of the machine there is a metal number plate can you please tell me what that is

image-417.jpgimage-417.jpg
image-158.jpgimage-158.jpg

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

What's the count on the play meter inside the bottom cab?

What's considered a high amount of plays, low and medium amount of plus on a EM machine?

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Has anyone switched their transformer to high-tap? I just tried this and although my flipper and slingshot coils are now nice and strong, I've lost all my playfield lights and the kickout hole stopped working. I hope I haven't fried something. All of my fuses are good, which just scares me even more.

I just put mine on high tap and it works perfect.

#105 9 years ago

Yunno, If you took the playfield out I would say it's your connector block. Make sure it's fully seated and your contact is clean. I've ran into that before where I took the playfield out then back in and had a problem..

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Put ACD to 4.0 on low tap with three coats of fresh wax and a new ball. You will find that the game is balanced correctly with the correct speed and outlane / return ratio. You will find it at 50/50 this way instead of 25/75 at 4.5% pitch. I messed around with ACD at different pitches for months before I found that 4.0 is perfect.

Wow awesome!!, thanks for the info. I will give that a shot.

#126 9 years ago

Ok my backglass in my acd is in perfect condition. Should I leave it alone, triple thick it, should I tape up the score windows and risk lifting up paint or just triple thick the whole thing?

#129 9 years ago

Thanks for your input I appreciate it. I have a perfect wizard backglass as well and left it alone and still looks great. I gotta change the bulbs though. It's on only when I play it. But it's no longer on than 20 mins at a time.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

On ACD with that 9 game counter, I will play either a 9 or 18 game in a session.

Yeah I usually play 2 to 4 games on it at a time. I've been wanting this game for such a long time I like to keep the excitement of a new game as long as possible. I have nine games and I usually like to cycle thru five or six of them before I go and play it again, I usually never go down and play one set game for an hour or so.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Put ACD to 4.0 on low tap with three coats of fresh wax and a new ball. You will find that the game is balanced correctly with the correct speed and outlane / return ratio. You will find it at 50/50 this way instead of 25/75 at 4.5% pitch. I messed around with ACD at different pitches for months before I found that 4.0 is perfect.

Wow awesome thanks so much! everything flows perfectly.

#138 9 years ago

Someone's selling a abracadabra in Philly area for .850. Glad I got mine at a deal. The three is in a weird position. Is that factory?

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#149 9 years ago

Ohhh man that looks nice guys!!!! I really love this game. Def one of the better ones. I'm not gettin rid of mine noooooooo way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GizzArd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-em-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-club-droolers-welcomed?tu=GizzArd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.