(Topic ID: 83308)

The Official EM Gottlieb Abra-Ca-Dabra Club - Droolers Welcomed!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20191225_122621_resizeda (resized).jpg
20191225_122852_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_2043 (resized).jpeg
20240307_075637_resized (resized).jpg
20240206_181357_resized (resized).jpg
20240130_095053_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0072 (resized).jpeg
Ball Guide Rail Scuff (resized).jpg
Credit_Wireform (resized).jpg
IMG_5093 (resized).jpg
There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
#51 9 years ago

i found the guts for the abra head, now i need a few other parts to make it complete.
anyone have the following
used backglass just has to be presentable( i am sure someone upgraded to a new webb glass)
plastics i need them all but the top center, the others are all broken to some degree

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i found the guts for the abra head, now i need a few other parts to make it complete.
anyone have the following
used backglass just has to be presentable( i am sure someone upgraded to a new webb glass)
plastics i need them all but the top center, the others are all broken to some degree

See my post on the EM parts thread..........

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i found the guts for the abra head

So I assume that means the head cabinet will not be coming my way?

Mike O.

#54 9 years ago

I think the plastics are being (or have been) done by Pin Rescue, though I think their prices are kind of crazy. PBR does some of the same sets for almost half the price!
Are you leveling all the inserts? or were they loose? or both?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

So I assume that means the head cabinet will not be coming my way?
Mike O.

no mike, i have a spare head. since i will have to repaint the cabinet i will just repaint the spare head to match and you get the good one.
i am working on finding a shipping box to get it to you..

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I think the plastics are being (or have been) done by Pin Rescue, though I think their prices are kind of crazy. PBR does some of the same sets for almost half the price!
Are you leveling all the inserts? or were they loose? or both?

i am trying to restore this on the cheap. so someone can have a abra for a low cost pin (i enjoys resurrecting the dead)
the inserts popped right out when i first started to clean the pf they are back in and level
pin rescue is high but i am glad someone is rescreening plastics so i won't bitch, i just wish they would do more partial sets. most pins have that one or two plastics that are always broken the others are nice. i hate buying a complete set just to get one plastic.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i found the guts for the abra head

That was a feat of magic for sure!

#58 9 years ago

i thought it would be hard also, but got lucky another pinsiders brother had some parts from a AcD
it should turn out to be good machine when done, i will try to find it a local home
yet another wedgehead saved from the dead.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

no mike, i have a spare head. since i will have to repaint the cabinet i will just repaint the spare head to match and you get the good one.
i am working on finding a shipping box to get it to you..

Excellent on the cabinet.

Which specific plastics are you looking for? I have the right drop target bank plastic in solid form. It is faded some.

Mike O.

#60 9 years ago

i'm looking for a lower right flipper plastic for my buccaneer - that is the one that seems most often broken

i know i can get the plastics as repros, but the rest are all very good condition

edit ... ooops this was meant to be in the em parts post .. sorry!!

#61 9 years ago

Played ACD tonight, earned 1 'Special when Lit" replay, and 82,000. points.

#62 9 years ago

clean the soot covered bottom board what a mess

20140621_200527.jpg20140621_200527.jpg 20140622_015106.jpg20140622_015106.jpg
1 week later
#64 9 years ago

Currently own an Abra Ca Dabra in the elusive "Snowbird LE" edition... a Canadian game which migrated south to Florida. Stamped "Canada" on bottom board and comes complete with bonus isolation transformer and Ontario Hydro sticker on it.

Great game which I can play super one game then next game kicks my ass. Makes you keep coming back.

PF & glass in great shape, cab is liveable, though may get re-done soon.

Just enjoying my EM resurgence lately.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from brewmeister_fla:

Currently own an Abra Ca Dabra in the elusive "Snowbird LE" edition..

Time for pictures! Lets see it "A"!

Ken

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Time for pictures! Lets see it "A"!
Ken

Ken, it is Eh! although it does sound like A

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Ken, it is Eh! although it does sound like A

what a hoser eh!

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

what a hoser eh!

#69 9 years ago

eh!

untitled.pnguntitled.png
#71 9 years ago

I've lived in Canada for over 18 years and never heard anyone use the term Hoser

#72 9 years ago

Snowbird LE Abra Ca Dabra.

Iso Transformer is big black thing against back wall of cab you can see in one pic. All kinds of explanations about why these were required (but only in Ontario).

Nice game, happy to have. Love my big flipper wedgies!

8DFA8377-BD48-4969-9D86-209762166F73_zpsluwuhnh5[1].jpg8DFA8377-BD48-4969-9D86-209762166F73_zpsluwuhnh5[1].jpg

7EF6AD38-FF3A-44B0-8A53-6BFF7C49E4AC_zps3ziydqoa[1].jpg7EF6AD38-FF3A-44B0-8A53-6BFF7C49E4AC_zps3ziydqoa[1].jpg 3D808EA7-94B3-4264-BE44-EB93387E8779_zps490ig0ic[1].jpg3D808EA7-94B3-4264-BE44-EB93387E8779_zps490ig0ic[1].jpg
#73 9 years ago

I should get pics of my "Jersey Shore" edition pin. You can tell it was in a seedy bar in town because it has a ton of people's names and scores on the head and side

#74 9 years ago

brewmeister, my abra came from the same region and it too has the second transformer on back wall of cab ..
mine has mismatched serial numbers from head to cab .... does yours!!!?

cheers, Ron

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I've lived in Canada for over 18 years and never heard anyone use the term Hoser

Just Bob and Doug used that.

#76 9 years ago

That's because of the toque that they wear on their heads. It's a stocking cap. Thus "hose head", shortened to "hoser". Hey, "take off" that isolation transformer, eh?

#77 9 years ago

Finally got my acd. I paid 650 and I'm very satisfied. Playfield and backglass are amazing!!!! It was dirty but it cleaned up beautifully. It has some cracked plastics but I can always buy those. The game is insane!!!! I was worried because I thought selling my firepower was a mistake to get acd. Now I'm so happy I did.

image-181.jpgimage-181.jpg
image-817.jpgimage-817.jpg
image-875.jpgimage-875.jpg
image-262.jpgimage-262.jpg
image-167.jpgimage-167.jpg
image-918.jpgimage-918.jpg

#78 9 years ago

What's the count on the play meter inside the bottom cab?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

#058618 plays it was on normal tap. It was never on a high tap. also on the right side of the machine there is a metal number plate can you please tell me what that is

image-417.jpgimage-417.jpg
image-158.jpgimage-158.jpg

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

#058618 plays it was on normal tap. It was never on a high tap. also on the right side of the machine there is a metal number plate can you please tell me what that

I've never run across a metal tag like that, but my initial thought is maybe the Coin Ops inventory/ SN# game identification ?

#81 9 years ago

The metal plate on the ball arch isn't a factory item, so was possibly placed there by an operator.

#82 9 years ago

That plate isn't as bad as an operator who engraved his 3 rather large initials in the top left corner of the front of the cabinet. Any operators on here who know if every operator used 3 initials? Were they under one distributor I'm assuming?

#83 9 years ago

I traded my "bronze" CPR Fathom playfield and $500 for a really nice ACD this week. I probably offered too much, but I have no regrets. The seller's Fathom needed a playfield much more than mine did, and I needed his Abra much more than he did.

#84 9 years ago

will be done soon

20140705_051323.jpg20140705_051323.jpg 20140706_054707.jpg20140706_054707.jpg 20140706_101238.jpg20140706_101238.jpg
#85 9 years ago

Aw, a C37 bit the dust?

No pedestal?

#86 9 years ago

If you want to join the club right away here is a cheap one! Hurry! Run!

$500.00 BIN!

ebay.com link: vintage 1970s pinball machine Abra Ca Dabra fully funtional

Note: BIN is Gone as someone placed a low ball bid on it.

Ken

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

$500.00 BIN!
ebay.com link » Vintage 1970s Pinball Machine Abra Ca Dabra Fully Funtional
Ken

This is the same one that's been on CL for $1200, so they must now need it gone.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Aw, a C37 bit the dust?
No pedestal?

the AcD head with original paint is going to mikeO and I used one of the spare heads I had from a bunch of empty cabs I picked up a while back
the neck is red and will get painted when I do the red stencil

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

$500.00 BIN!
ebay.com link » Vintage 1970s Pinball Machine Abra Ca Dabra Fully Funtional
Ken

He needs to provide better pics if he wants to sell it - even at his BIN.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

He needs to provide better pics if he wants to sell it - even at his BIN.

If it was close enough to be able to pick up I would bite with the pictures he has provided.

#91 9 years ago

me too

Quoted from MikeO:

If it was close enough to be able to pick up I would bite with the pictures he has provided.

#92 9 years ago

all this talk of abras makes me want to set mine up again NOW !!

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If I was in the market to buy a Abra I would too. Just saying if he wants a quick - smooth sale post more pics. Problem with eBay sellers is they don't think like we do

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If I was in the market to buy a Abra I would too. Just saying if he wants a quick - smooth sale post more pics. Problem with eBay sellers is they don't think like we do

dave you are correct but most of the time the bad or lack of pictures are done for a reason to NOT show the bad
The buyer gets it and surprise !! the PF is worn or there is a big hole in the bottom! or some other problem.
always ask for more pics
that's my modus operandi

#95 9 years ago

0 feedback as a seller - hmmn

Someone should at least go look at it before the end of the auction if seller allows. That's if he allows.

#96 9 years ago

What's the correct leg length for this game? Mine came with 31" legs.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What's the correct leg length for this game? Mine came with 31" legs.

31"

#98 9 years ago

Thanks...that puts the lockbar about 37.5" off the ground, vs. around 36" for my modern Sterns. I wonder if the standard height changed at some point to make pinball more kid-friendly.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

What's considered a high amount of plays, low and medium amount of plus on a EM machine?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

What's considered a high amount of plays, low and medium amount of plus on a EM machine?

Depends a bit on the age of the game, and they didn't start using 5-digit meters until a bit later (and then 6-digit towards the end of the EMs), so they're not the most reliable indicator, but I'd say 70K-90K is average, 40-70K medium to low-ish, under 40K low. These can shift 10K +/-, depending on the age of the game.

And it's only one indicator. How the games were maintained does make a big difference. I've seen games with high play counts with better playfields than ones with 20K plays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-em-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-club-droolers-welcomed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.