(Topic ID: 83308)

The Official EM Gottlieb Abra-Ca-Dabra Club - Droolers Welcomed!

By EM-PINMAN

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 514 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 202 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

263a2d164907272ffedfc30dbc1420116e42dcd1 (resized).png
IMG_20191110_184716 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191110_184328 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191110_184335 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191110_184343 (resized).jpg
ACD_Divider_Plastic v7 (resized).png
IMG_20191113_201033 (resized).jpg
Image 2 (resized).png
Abra-Ca-Dabra_Pinball Pimp (resized).jpg
abraca5 (from Pinrepair) (resized).jpg
5sonxLF+RkigL0qss5kurg (resized).jpg
ACD_BumperBodiySkirtRollover_PBR01 (resized).jpg
ACD_BumperBodiySkirt02 (resized).jpg
ACD_BumperBodiySkirt03 (resized).jpg
ACD_BumperBodiySkirt01 (resized).jpg
DCF27C6C-F616-49E2-9444-F740ABEB8372 (resized).jpeg

There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 1 year ago

Thank you, Wade!

4051667A-6F9C-4A3C-BEC0-65D7B20F7783 (resized).jpeg
#502 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Thank you, Wade!
[quoted image]

Very nice, Wade is completely out now I assume?

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Very nice, Wade is completely out now I assume?

One, maybe two left....as of last week. Give him a ring and check

1 week later
#504 1 year ago

Any Abra's being considered for sale? Looking... PM with details

2 months later
#505 1 year ago

Collection interests changed and I sold my game. Have a wade Krauss playfield that I won’t be needing. Absolutely gorgeous! $1000 obo shipped with set of schematics.

DCF27C6C-F616-49E2-9444-F740ABEB8372 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#506 1 year ago

Selling my Abra Ca Dabra. Asking $1750. Located at my home in Las Vegas.
-Ned

Archived after 4 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Abra Ca Dabra Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Very nice Abra Ca Dabra. Plays great. Backglass is a new repro. Cabinet has been repainted. Playfield is original and in good condition. My technician has spent many hours keeping ...”
2019-07-27
Las Vegas, NV
1,750 (OBO)

3 months later
#507 9 months ago

I recently joined the ACD club and am in the process of rebuilding the pop bumpers. Figured that while I was at it I'd go ahead and replace the bumper bodies and skirts, since the old ones were pretty dirty. I ordered all new parts from PBR but noticed some color discrepancies.

The first photo shows the bumper bodies side-by-side, with the skirts next to them. The old bumper body and skirt seem to be the same color green, but the new skirt is a much-lighter green than the new body.

The second photo shows the new bumper body, skirt and rollover guide - these are all "green" according to PBR. The rollover guide seems to be the same green as the bumper body, but it is not a match for the skirt.

The third photo shows the old bumper skirt and rollover guide. The old rollover guide doesn't seem to be an exact match for the skirt color.

The final photo shows the two skirts; new one is on the left. It is labelled part #C-10433 C while the old skirt is numbered C-10433 B. Does anyone know what the "B" stands for? My first thought was blue or black, but clearly, it is neither of those colors.

PBR identifies the skirt they sent me as A1218G Green, which they point out is the same as Gottlieb part C-10433. But the green is clearly not the same color. (PBR also has another skirt labelled as "Dark Green" but I spoke with them and they said that color is definitely not a match for the Green Bumper body. The dark green is only for one specific game (I forget which one - not ACD).

Marco also sells the bumper skirt #C-10433 and the green on their website looks darker, but that color may vary. (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-10433-G)

Has anyone else purchased the green bumper bodies and skirts for their games? Have you found ones that match the original? I'd like to get as close as I can to the original colors.

ACD_BumperBodiySkirt01 (resized).jpgACD_BumperBodiySkirtRollover_PBR01 (resized).jpgACD_BumperBodiySkirt03 (resized).jpgACD_BumperBodiySkirt02 (resized).jpg
#508 9 months ago

I recently got an Abra. It is great! Had to sell my JJP Pirates to make room . There are 2 issues, one if which is recent (and I am more concerned about)

- When hitting the bonus drop target while the bonus is at 1k, you are awarded zero points. Have no idea why this started happening. The bonus works fine when it is at 2k+.
- Also the tilt attached to the plumb bob never worked.

If anyone has any ideas on how to go about fixing these, lemme know. The bonus bug is new and befuddling to me. I would like to fix that sooner than later.

5sonxLF+RkigL0qss5kurg (resized).jpg
#509 9 months ago

Regarding the Green Bumper bodies and skirts: I've taken a look around the internet and found other examples of Abra Ca Dabra games that appear to have the same mismatched green bumper bodies and skirts. The one from Pinball Pimp seems to be a completely restored game. The one from pinrepair also seems to have been recently restored.

ACD owners: can you take a look at your bumper bodies/skirts? If you still have the originals, do the bodies and skirt green colors match? Has anyone found matching colors in new bodies/skirts?

Abra-Ca-Dabra_Pinball Pimp (resized).jpgabraca5 (from Pinrepair) (resized).jpg
#510 9 months ago
Quoted from roddog:

I recently got an Abra. It is great! Had to sell my JJP Pirates to make room . There are 2 issues, one if which is recent (and I am more concerned about)
- When hitting the bonus drop target while the bonus is at 1k, you are awarded zero points. Have no idea why this started happening. The bonus works fine when it is at 2k+.
- Also the tilt attached to the plumb bob never worked.
If anyone has any ideas on how to go about fixing these, lemme know. The bonus bug is new and befuddling to me. I would like to fix that sooner than later.[quoted image]

For the bonus not scoring 1K check the Motor 2C switch circled below.

Does the T relay operate if you make the plumb bob touch the ring? Try polishing the ring and plumb bob.

Image 2 (resized).png
#511 9 months ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Regarding the Green Bumper bodies and skirts: I've taken a look around the internet and found other examples of Abra Ca Dabra games that appear to have the same mismatched green bumper bodies and skirts. The one from Pinball Pimp seems to be a completely restored game. The one from pinrepair also seems to have been recently restored.
ACD owners: can you take a look at your bumper bodies/skirts? If you still have the originals, do the bodies and skirt green colors match? Has anyone found matching colors in new bodies/skirts?[quoted image][quoted image]

These are the original bumper body and skirt - colours match.

IMG_20191113_201033 (resized).jpg
#512 9 months ago

The clear plastic divider that sits between the centre standup target and top rollovers was broken into pieces when I gt my ACD. As I'm too cheap to spend a few $$$ on aplastic ( I spent way too much on the playfield lol) I decided to design a replacement. This is the first part I've designed in 3D with the help of my son who coached me in Fusion360 and printed it out on his 3D printer.

I think it came out well and is much more solid than the original. It's great when your kids can actually teach you something for a change!

ACD_Divider_Plastic v7 (resized).pngIMG_20191110_184328 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184335 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184343 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_184716 (resized).jpg
#513 9 months ago
Quoted from woz:

These are the original bumper body and skirt - colours match.[quoted image]

Thanks, Woz! Yes, my original ones also match. But they're extremely dirty and I want to replace them. Trying to find out if anyone else has found the new parts that match.

As I mentioned (and show in the photos) the bodies and skirts from PBR are different shades of green. Has anyone purchased the bumper skirt from Marco? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-10433-G Is that green a closer match to the bumper body?

8 months later
#514 22 days ago

I recently had a Pinsider reach out to me with scans from his backglass asking if I could make a translite. Here is the result.
I'll be submitting an order to my printer this week if anyone else is interested, let me know.

263a2d164907272ffedfc30dbc1420116e42dcd1 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Williamsfield, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 55.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside