272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just got back from running an errand and I haven't left our property in 7 days prior to today. It doesn't seem like people are staying home? Even with restaurants and bars closed inside here, there were a TON of people out today.
There have been a few posts on nextdoor from people who can't find pet food already.
My family is about to begin another stretch of staying in as much as possible. I hope more people do.

I don't get it either....

I work at a large parcel sorting facility for the Post Office, and daily I'm amazed to see fluctuations in numbers on the highway. Sometimes it's a third lower, other days 50-60% of regular traffic. No idea what most people are doing, outside of grocery shopping, which seemingly isn't necessary daily.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Who exactly is Anthony Fauci?
A bit of history on the man we're all counting on.

If this guy doesn't get a Presidential Medal of Freedom (or equivalent)... WE RIOT!

Nice post!

This man has such a great presence, and instills a genuine sense of calm, while giving detailed and explicit info on viral killers. Pretty amazing life....and he's 79!?!?! Wow!

His accent is fantastic too!

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

In germany we now have 21000 cases of corona and 70 deaths so far, so way less deaths than in Italy that gives me hope, but the cases are spread out over the whole country. And so almost the whole country is in a soft lockdown mode, tomorrow it can be that we will have a real lockdown. In italy they have 53600 cases and more than 4800 deaths. I just don't understand this difference. I don't believe that we acted faster here in germany. For now I don't believe that we will have in germany as many deaths like they have in Italy. I think we tested way more than in italy. So the actual number of cases in italy could be way higher than in germany. But how could it spread in italy so extreme fast? Are we for now just lucky? Will we see the same numbers when our health system will go down like in Italy. What will happen in other countrys like the USA?
I am still afraid of what will come, and I still think it's the right way to take this extreme seriously. But I am starting to understand that even the experts still just have not enough informations about this virus. I think the most important thing now is to get them time to collect data they can analyze. I think everyone should try to help that they will get this time!
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/
And just one thing that is on my mind and I hope you don't think wrong about me when I say this here. I have contact with many people from china in my small village and I like them, they have great food, are polite and are the best neighbours you can wish for. But no matter how much I like them, I don't trust the chinese government. So I hope that our scientists will get soon enough own data to get a better understanding what's going on.

Really digging the posts from outside the US. Gives a nice sensibility and perspective outside our own within different states.

I'd love to hear the pronunciation of your hometown..!!

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

He's also an avid runner/jogger.[quoted image]

I saw that in the article. Does that in his 9 hours of not being at work...!

Humbling, to say the least, to watch even a brief highlight reel of that man's life. Makes me want to be silent, rather than speak innanely, and work harder, at something...anything.

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

They are just people man, people like anyone else. You can disagree with how China runs things but to make such a broad statement is a pretty sh!tty thing to say. Hell I don't agree with how Chin handles some things and I absolutely HATE that everything in our stores is made in China, but have some respect for another human being.

Seems like frustration and venting. People get upset. No human is entirely a saint or sinner, Chinese, Guys named Matt from Detroit or otherwise.

It would be interesting, if manufacturing shifted back this way some, due to pharmaceuticals being short in supply, among other things, as well as a possible phobia to rely so heavily on one outside nation for production.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not so bad eh?[quoted image]

The splayed and wavy Van Gogh sunflowers tie the look together..!

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So, with all due respect, you do know that breast feeding is natural and free and the BEST lifetime boost to the immune system ever?

Is this a recommendation for HIS immune system, his baby's....or both?

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even the damn mail is a possible source. There is no real safe haven except total isolation.

We handle thousands of small parcels from China daily. Stuff just gets processed in our work environment. For weeks we somewhat were paranoid about how long the virus might survive on overseas mail.

Now...the fear is really more domestic mail. It's amazing how quickly thousands of parcels can ship across the nation.

We really don't have special parameters. Just stay washed, etc. Disposable glove supply is down for sure.

When I come home, and receive something personally, I let it sit a day or so at this point. After taking a shower, scrubbing my phone and glasses with alcohol wipes.

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good morning gentlemen. Did you all sleep well? I certainly did.
Did I miss anything so far?

Nope. Just more bitter back and forth digital face slapping and posturing, and many thread ejects as a result.

If behavior like this continues offline as well as online, we'll soon enough be down to one member arguing with air, and maybe similarly populace wise.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Completely false. Don't we have enough misinformation going around?

I knew Iger stepped down, definitely a year ahead of when he had been discussing that move. I just looked up IBM and Harley, they also stepped down.

Motives, who knows? But even this article in Bloomberg describes the Harley CEO as unexpected.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-02-28/harley-davidson-ceo-steps-down-after-five-year-sales-slump

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just find it alarming...that's all. Why the assumptions?

It is alarming because of coincidence.

We never know or will know what goes on in the world of wealthy elites. That in itself, is massive problem.

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You guys are pathetic....you come on here spout your drama class agendas all in the name of helping....yeah right you have no intentions other than being the assholes you're in real life.
As a Traitor for having given my sweat blood and tears to this country so you can set on your new lazy boys and spout HS, I wouldn't waste the powder to save your petty little lives. People are out their dying and all you can muster is ragging on those that differ from you in their opinions; but hell you didn't need me then and now that you can speak from a place of knowledge (I mean who doesn't know all they need to know after having survived a firefight in fortnite) No not for me,my experience in life goes far beyond that phone you have in your back pocket. I wouldn't waste the powder to save your lives or liberties you take for granted.

You sound pretty overwhelmed and frustrated. I understand.

Unfortunately the polarity on this site is even more heightened than usual, and views become more extreme and strident, for no real reason.

Hang in there man.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Maybe if some of them got spit on, or things thrown at them, called baby killers or their families afraid of what may happen when they come to pick you up, they'd understand my reactions but, they won't. We have a developed a society that wants and expects instant gratification and when confronted with anything else they attack. I'll be okay and I'd like to throw this out, life is short, think before you speak and you might find life is a little more tolerable and enjoyable when you include others.

The world, and how we relate in it, is so radically different now from even just 10 years ago. What you've experienced is entirely foreign to most of us, and that's a heavy weight for you for sure.

I think overall there ultimately needs to be an overarching understanding that we are all more in pain daily, than we are right, and others wrong when they feel differently than we do. It's often the underpinning of all disputes, saying we are empathetic, but truly rarely being it, due to the cost we'd feel with our own ego.

Hang in there friend. People respect and value you for your efforts today and in the past. Maybe not all, but focus on the one's that openly do.

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Everything is relative. To some, we are wealthy elites, able to afford expensive furniture toys.

For sure, but my life is pretty bland, non mysterious, I'm in debt for these games presently quite a bit......and I'm a dingdong laborer. I don't have any secrets of interest to shield from others.

I know I'd be on the first line of having pleasurable things taken from me. I have no side homes, bunkers, jets, etc.

I don't make the world move, just help in greasing the wheels.

But I do get and agree with your analogy as a whole.

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

Looks serene.

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You think we have problems. We joke about Mexico shutting down our southern border. This should curl your hair. Mexico's President is way out there. Makes me feel blessed.

I watched that last night too. Scary.

And Brazil seems disturbingly similar in mindset too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21C1QM

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's always funny until someone loses an eye.
Or when a contaminated city seeks shelter and ends up spreading the infection.

I think just the general tone ends up irking me. President bashing and supporting, annoy me equally. It's like guys, we get which side of the fence you're on, enough already....

I'm not one to cheerlead for any nozzle in politics or corporate. I can only hope for the best from them, and most likely....assume the worst from them.

#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed...setting an arbitrary date whatever it may be is irresponsible. Once we get a better handle on things and the testing is “caught up” and trends and info analyzed, only then can dates be discussed.

Watching last night, I viewed/hoped the date was more a goal post. It's unreasonable to set a date of any kind, yet at the same time humans need a sense of hope, an idea that stability, as opposed to anarchy, does and will exist again.

The idea is sound. We really need to wait for the execution of the idea for assessment/judgement.

Every day at this point seems like a week. I don't feel it's reasonable for anyone to feel like any plan of action won't shift and develop as the virus does. Last night during the briefing, even if stubborn, I got the sense that flexibility exists in the cards, as much as the goal post.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.