272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#15971 3 years ago

I live in a Central PA county near Penn State. We went on lock down on March 17th. I do home repairs and remodeling which was considered "essential". So during the lock down I luckily had work in empty rental properties and others that are 2nd homes. In March and April streets were deserted, when I got supplies or food there was 100% wearing masks. I have a full face respirator I was wearing along with gloves. Once our county went to "yellow" (some business's could open), I started seeing the odd person not wearing a mask in a store. We went to "green" weeks ago people not wearing a mask were still few in a store.

Yesterday in a Sheetz convenience store over lunch I counted 18 people without masks which was more than half the people in the store. Even with "mask required" signs on the door. Picking up supplies in Lowe's dozens weren't bothering either to wear a mask. Saw 2 local township workers without masks with the township name on their shirts. Called the township building. "Am I required to wear a mask to enter the township building?" "Yes". "Why do township workers feel that they can then enter a Lowes which require a mask and fail to wear one? Double standard?" Receptionist immediately got the township manager. She stated their policy and the workers were wrong to not wear a mask.

This is why we're screwed. People only think of themselves. Masks slow the spread. Not wearing a mask in a public building isn't a political statement, it just states you're ignorant and don't GAF about others.

3 weeks later
#16957 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Miami Dade ICUs are operating at 122% Capacity today.

And 150% next week unless some current patients die and make room for more. Totally wrong.

#16987 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every day is worse than the next. We need a dramatic change of course.

And that change of course needs to come from state's governors' because the federal government is failing at controlling this.

#17267 3 years ago

The FDA just approved a drug that reduces you and your family members chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X's? It’s trade name is called Wearamaskasshole. Side effects include mild inconvenience, possible victim complex, fear of people calling you a sheep, being ostracized by your anti-vax pandemic friends, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as this country stubbornly dives right on into that second wave.
Check with your doctor, or really anyone, to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you.

2 weeks later
#17832 3 years ago

College football is done this year. Had the USA taken this seriously in March and heck even April we’d be at New Zealand numbers. They have less than 25 active cases. WE caused this. This over entitled BS that I can do whatever I want crap even if it causes other to die is sickening. I am tired of my survival depending on on self centered idiots who feel it’s political statement to ignore mask orders because of a clown who worries more about being re-elected than 160K+ dead Americans. “It is what is is” is the saddest statement ever issued by someone who had every chance to change the direction of the virus just by personal actions and statements. He failed and I fear the country I love will pay for this for decades.

2 months later
#19344 3 years ago

The county I live in (Centre, PA population 162K) is home to Penn State. Prior to the students fall return we had 350 cases total. Post student return since September 3,600! The university is spinning it that's it's under control, numbers say otherwise. I have stopped working in the downtown area, now I'm renovating empty condo's and townhouses.

1 month later
#20246 3 years ago

Local automotive garage near me had an auction, owner I knew closed to retire. Ad said a mask was required to register to bid. Got there 30 minutes early and realized that 50% weren't masked, another 25% with dick nose or at the chin. Tent had chairs elbow to elbow. 250+ people. I sadly left before it even started even wearing a N95.

Till Americans takes this virus seriously we're screwed.

8 months later
#23616 2 years ago

I was hoping to be mask free at Pinfest since I'm fully vaccinated. But with the Delta and selling at the show for the duration, I'll be masked. My local county (Centre PA) has very few infections but with the spike and people coming from all over, I won't risk it.

1 week later
#23759 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Here we are, the Sunday prior to doors opening in Allentown. On the national Mayo Map all the states surrounding PA except Maryland have flipped from yellow to Orange: https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map . There is no green - the key starts with yellow and has 7 coloring steps, so PA is one of the few states nationwide remaining at the lowest level.

Today PA turned red. I just got a huge hand sanitizer dispenser for general use at my spaces at Pinfest. Even though vaccinated I'm going from a cloth mask to an N-95 for the duration of the show. Shit is getting out of hand. With a large number of potentially unvaccinated people showing up, this has super spreader potential. I hope not.

#23760 2 years ago

Even in my little pinball world I know several anti-vax "I'm not worried" people attending Pinfest. Mask up! 10% chance to get infected from the Delta even if vaccinated.

#23904 2 years ago

I hope Pinfest doesn't become a super spreader event. But after being there all day with 10% masked, people elbow to elbow in the free play area, I expect there will be infections. I had a huge push handle bottle of hand sanitizer and in 7 hours maybe 8 out 400 people used it at my spaces. I'm vaccinated and was masked but for the 1st time at Pinfest I didn't play a single game in the free play area. Just too many people.

2 weeks later
#24690 2 years ago

I just realized after reading all the crazy comments here, I am limited on how many times I can down vote a clueless person here. I reached my limit.

4 weeks later
#25865 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It’s far from a cure. Let’s not kid ourselves.

You can’t be serious. 80k people going to college football games and the millions pouring over the southern border likely disagree with that statement as well.

After catching up this thread and reading the last 4 pages, You sound like the proverbial guy who came to a gun fight with a knife. Sad.

1 month later
#26387 2 years ago

Pfizer booster today. 7 months after the 2nd. No problems at all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.