Topic Stats

• 21,360 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by oldskool1969
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,075 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (10 months ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (10 months ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (10 months ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swainer80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2255 10 months ago

The US needs to lock down immediately and hard. After seeing this news report, we've been warned. This is terrifying but collectively we can be resourceful and hopefully hit the brakes.

#2442 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I look at that video and see all of those coffins, made of wood, and I ( I suppose it is strange logic) cannot help but think about how many trees are going get wiped out, as well.

Self Isolate. If not for humanity, do it for the trees!

giphytree.gif

#2866 10 months ago

Here is my puzzle during this lockdown. The stapling of upper GI circuit with bare wire and light sockets completely boggles my mind. I am curious to see how well the ball shows under the play filled with the new clear plastic inserts.

IMG_20200323_151908031 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6129 9 months ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I finished my Alien Poker PF swap during my lockdown and have a BOP waiting. I'm not rushing in to that one for the same reason! Intimidating...
I've been getting out for some solitary bike rides as well. Yesterday I rode to Mt Vernon; over the weekend I stopped and took this picture of the weeping willows in Spring. Not a bad shot for my old iPhone SE.
[quoted image]
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball.

I can relate to you completely. Although I think cyclone was the more difficult one due to the GI.

IMG_20200329_232248849 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_202811_01 (resized).jpg
#6131 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I need to continue to get my Big Top up and going (no PF swap, but it needs some love). Now is the time.

Agreed. I need to work on the house too but the GF is working from home. . .pinball work it is!

#6432 9 months ago
Quoted from hAbO:

March 1st
[quoted image]
April 1st
[quoted image]

That is Jenny Stencel in the first pic she is awesome. Back when times were simpler and it was easy to call out folks that were not good on both sides.

#6515 9 months ago

Georgia thankfully just went to stay-at-home yesterday. Apparently it seems some people are just now starting to get it.

‘We Didn’t Know That Until the Last 24 Hours’: Georgia Gov. Says He Just Found Out People Without Symptoms Can Spread Coronavirus

https://news.yahoo.com/didn-t-know-until-last-122146774.html

#6528 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I am all for someone starting a basement thread, D vs R, and all political sides can argue to their heart's content there. I also think it would be an effective tool for the moderators to use by referring people there when things get squirrely. Which they often do and all over Pinside. You guys could really cut loose there rather than playing cute with the moderators.
It would be my great pleasure to put that thread on ignore.

I completely agree with you. When the basement first came into being years ago they were all sorts of different features. A slam tilt section, a pinsider deathmatch section. It would be a good place to put perhaps a couple of politics sections. I would hope there would be some actual nuanced discussion regarding policies and perhaps God forbid some understanding of one another. but they're also could just be a shouting area as needed to get people to vent. I would hope that it would tamp down some of the coy sniping that has permeated the threads for quite a while.

Edit: apparently the idea is not popular among the pinside staff.

#6538 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This thread alone has proven it isn't feasible. We have allowed some politics in the context of quotes and helpful information, but it has spurned numerous abuse reports, ejections, and countless arguments. People just can't help themselves.
There is a reason why most bars and clubs don't allow political and religious talk. Those subjects (along with money) tend to get people riled up to the point they can't see straight.

Who has been tattling ?!
tenorsnitches.gif

#6562 9 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I agree with you in terms of the "hope". But if reality has shown us anything over the last few years, what would more likely happen, is grudges and bad blood and childish acts would spill over into the rest of the site. You think people complain about / engage in stalking, sniping, and downvote bombing now? AHHAHAHA it's but a petting zoo compared to what would happen!
Ergo, politics belongs on a politics site. Period. And if you're so eager for political discourse, before you ask for a politics thread here (or anywhere else) maybe you should ask yourself, "Gee, hmm, why *aren't* I one one of those politics sites...?"

I can easily tell you why. I couldn't give two you-know-whats about "one of those politics sites". This is the only "social" site I go to and bump elbows with anyone online with any frequency. There is no eagerness for political discourse so don't put words into my mouth goingincirclez. It is for insight, understanding and ideally, being able to better relate fellow online community members. Nothing more, nothing less. The mods and site owners have more experience in running their website and know what works and what doesn't. So I will entrust to them what is best as they do a good job of it.

#7615 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another voice of reason! Starting to? Lol
Lowe’s and Home Depot parking lots packed in my area
So are other “essential” service places
Highlight of the day was waiting in line at Chick F La for food. No masks or gloves for servers at drive through. Gave a nice tip as usual
God bless em

Stupid is as stupid does

tenorstupid.gif
#7616 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

Thank you Captain Obvious!!!

#8195 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I went to the park today. There are signs EVERYWHERE. All the people I saw seemed to be honoring the 6ft+ mandate, however. I hope they continue. I don't want the park closed.

Saint Louis county closed all of their Parks as well as Missouri State Parks in the county. People were not maintaining distances. Because of this our subdivision is also closing our Park. That being said stencils and spray paint are a royal pain in the ass and the results are poor.

IMG_20200406_233641388 (resized).jpg
#8197 9 months ago

For a bit of levity, cyclones play field is in and looks wonderful. That is very cool to see the pinball in the subway with the clear inserts. More pinball machines should be doing this.
IMG_20200406_233709862 (resized).jpg

#8201 9 months ago
Quoted from Tubes:

I don't think it's medically ethical to have a hypothesis like "this drug can save the lives of the ill" and also have a control group.

Then it would be unethical to blindly throw pills down a participants throat and hope for the best and act like it is a legitimate treatment.
I have to edit this. That is a very stupid assertion. How in the hell are you supposed to know if the drug works or not?!!? Seriously. That is like saying give the patient a sugar pill or Abilify and say we shouldn't have anything to compare it to. Dude, seriously?

#8204 9 months ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Then it's immoral, and morality trumps ethics. 699 patients treated, 699 survived. You're arguing for him to withhold the treatment from some of those 699. Just so he can have answers that have more scientific validity? Science is an arbitrary construct. Ethics is more real, and morality certainly moreso.

Oh, pivot your argument very nice. Cite your sources. Otherwise your are just peddling nonsense.

#8209 9 months ago

Yup, you've got nothing! I've read drinking beer cures coronavirus! I've also heard sniffing your own farts does the same thing too! Find a source that proves me wrong.

#8218 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

All I know is if I had Covid19 and was hospitalized, I would want and request the three drug cocktail being discussed. Maybe it wouldn't and doesn't work for some but I think the potential upside outweighs the risk for many. Let's just say in a randomized, placebo controlled study, I'd pray I'm in the arm that gets the actual treatment.
I already have a cabinet full.of cold- eze zinc lozenges just in case. I always take it when I get cold symptoms to shorten the duration anyway. The common cold is also (albeit a more benign) coronavirus so maybe there is something to zinc, etc.

I understand that too, if one was infected and struggling with covid-19, who wouldn't want the kitchen sink thrown at it? There is a cost to that too though. With the infection rate is high as it is, the supply of that drug will dry up.The folks who need the drug that it has been proven effective for, malaria, lupus, and arthritis will be unable to get it. My biggest concern is that a resource is being spent where it will have a negligible effect but it's touted as a miracle drug, offering false hope while shortchanging others who will truly benefit from it. It already is happening.

#8221 9 months ago
Quoted from Tubes:

The shortages are strange, this is a drug that's in such plentiful supply worldwide that it's over-the-counter in Africa and is 4 cents US per dose, or pack, or some form of unit there. The fish tank chemical proves it's able to be synthesized readily in large batches, and there's no patent restricting intellectual property. Pretty sure you can use chemicals from the hardware store to add an OH- functional group to the fish tank stuff, but they're watched by the DEA. That would be pretty funny actually, setting off that alarm and they find a guy in a trailer cooking up a big batch of malaria medicine.

You do not reply to me in PM, I will no longer reply to you in this forum.

#8806 9 months ago
Quoted from c508:

That does it, I am buying one of these. I have never liked propane grills. . .

tenorpro.gif
#9060 9 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Lined up 3 labor and time intensive projects for next week. Time to change up the routine, too much wasted down time. Try to check on my favorite thread but time to stop dwelling on it. Gone for awhile.
Appreciate the discussion, everyone I knew growing up loved a good argument.

Good luck on your projects. I hope they'll turn out successful!

#9388 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Right? Paint resto looks great...nice color matching.
Finished Hulk this morning, now ripping apart Lizard and DD, while playing with some of my Spidey resto. At least my games are getting happy during quarantine.
Opening up three games at once is either a sign of: 1) some serious motivation...or 2) that I’ve completely gone off the friggin deep end from cabin fever.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Colsond3:

Right? Paint resto looks great...nice color matching.
Finished Hulk this morning, now ripping apart Lizard and DD, while playing with some of my Spidey resto. At least my games are getting happy during quarantine.
Opening up three games at once is either a sign of: 1) some serious motivation...or 2) that I’ve completely gone off the friggin deep end from cabin fever.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I feel you there. After punishing myself with cyclone I'm actually debating between going after one of these two. At least the GI isn't going to be a stapled rat's nest in the upper part of the playfield on either of these.
15865816425481660519934196872317 (resized).jpg

#10469 9 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You are afraid it will scare your hand of your crank.

It would be your hand then, the dutch rudder.

dutch-rudder-gif-2.gif
5 months later
#18790 3 months ago

Our governor from Missouri and his wife have just both tested positive with Covid-19 (the wife was showing symptoms which was the cause for the testing). We truly are the "Show-Me" state. Wishing them a full recovery. Be careful out there.

#18845 3 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yes, but to take only one country is disingenuous, no?
My point being, this a global pandemic and no one seems safe from being a statistic.

I would argue that the US is doing the worst, hands down. We have a half-ass mask mandate with half of the citizens not taking this pandemic seriously. I'm going to go with this one: one country gets their shit in gear and they do well while another country can't get its collective head out of its ass. The US is at #1 200K plus deaths with over 7 MILLION infections. The US is a collective miserable failure when dealing with this pandemic. Life is not without death and risks but to just deride "one country" as a statistic when there are many, many others doing much better (New Zealand for instance) is beyond disingenuous and just plain ornery.

#18861 3 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If you are wondering how the rest of the world thinks USA is doing with covid, then just try to cross your border and leave the USA. Home of the free, as long as you don’t want to leave. Most of the world is not allowing travellers from the USA into their country. Even Canada has closed our border to USA, and we don’t plan to reopen anytime soon. You’re our best closest neighbours and we don’t even want you to come visit right now.

As your obnoxious neighbor to the south, thank you for hosting the Stanley Cup. It has been a blast to watch and it is also nice to hear your National Anthem too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 11.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 179.99
$ 29.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swainer80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside