272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

That’s a little better chart. But it doesn’t account for age, health, previous conditions, etc. Face it here. The first chart on this thread says it all. Most people will live, and like the “experts” say old or vulnerable people will not. I’m curious how many Twenty year olds on this thread think this is overrated vs 50+ that are screaming chicken little
Sounds like the facts are in, don’t get this if your old and grumpy. I’d like to see the stats on young healthy people that already got the virus. I bet that number is next to zero

You are the minority here. Anyone can carry the virus to anyone else, regardless of age. It can kill a bunch of old people and some young people. I choose to do what I can to help this to not happen. If my actions do nothing, I’m ok with that as well.

You can choose to do whatever you want but please don’t expect others to follow this minority view. Just remember, you only have control over your own actions. I honestly hope no one I or you know closely is directly affected. Friends of relatives of mine in Florida and Seattle have lost loved ones that are not elderly and did not have health issues.

I hope you are right and that everyone is just overreacting, shutting things down.

Not certain what you have against old people. Your stance seems to suggest if the younger spreads the disease to the older, oh fucking well. Don’t be THAT guy.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody can get it but that’s not who’s dying. Nothing against old people. Your welcome to stay home and be grumpy as everyone recommends you to do. And if you don’t like being around people having fun, then don’t be around us. If you stay indoors you won’t have to worry about that, right? Meanwhile I enjoyed another day outdoors and noticed a lot of people were doing the same. Maybe they didn’t get your permission?

Your actions in previous posts have the potential to leave blood on your hands.

You have to be around people to have fun? That’s sad. It’s a human weakness you can’t overcome. It’s ok, Pinside if here for you. You have to be strong, not weak.

If you are not part of the solution, you are automatically part of the problem.

#610 4 years ago

Huh? What’s a country have to do with this? Viruses don’t care what country you call home.

1 month old, 90 yr old, 17, you can get and pass it along to anyone from any country.

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Honestly, if this hadn't been contained to almost just China for months where the rest of the world had a front row seat to see the damage, and had spread over the rest of the world faster, it may have passed us by like any of those others you mentioned without the major shutdown or panic.

With how easy it’s passed along, do you honestly think that it remained isolated in China for months? You are delusional. With zero restrictions in place at the time, you think it took a full 2 months to make it’s way to the US? I call B.S.
It was obviously here a long time ago.

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I don't.
What I was saying if the outbreak itself had hit everywhere at about the same time. I don't remember how the swine flu or those others moved along, but there was way less reaction or panic.

Agreed. But, no disease is the same. If they were, we would have already cured them all!

#1752 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

“It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

Like in Seattle and New York? I don’t know where you got your info but that is not what I would define as “we have it under control.” More like “doing the best we can for now.”

What are you personally doing to make a difference? Not saying this to be negative, we just need some more actual positives in the thread!

Today I set up some vpn’s and such so people could work from home and comply with the governor's orders.

I would ask for others to share what they are doing when they comment too.

#2465 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Levi did you serve your country???? Simple question.

Just because you did does not give you the right to impose your personal thoughts and opinions onto others in a disapproving and angry tone. Using this question as part of you tirade is somewhat sickening if you ask me.

#2514 4 years ago

I just hope that some kind of effective treatment is discovered. Now in the US, people are dying at a clip of 100+ per day. How many more have to die each day for people to comply with the lockdowns put in place? More than 300? I know most are complying but I have seen first hand with my own eyes TODAY, that a large percentage of people are carrying on like an emergency is not here. Shame on you.

I please ask that people do what they can to help not be a part of the problem. It’s just as important as directly saving someone’s life. Please don’t leave blood on your hands, not complying with orders because of American pride. Please do these things even if you don’t want to and don’t think it’s making a difference. Please.

3 weeks later
#10259 3 years ago

The only member overreacting in this thread starts with a small "w" and ends with a "6". No one cares about your non-relevant stats so just stop. Whatever point you tried to make is done and gone. You've said it and we are good. Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.