272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#9481 3 years ago

The moderators asked us to move anything remotely COVID related here. So I'm reposting here. I've already heard a couple of decent suggestions. Notably, turn off every other machine, and alternate which games are turned on. I thought that was pretty creative. Anyway, here was my original post:

I'm starting to ponder what changes COVID may bring to location pinball.

At least at first, I would imagine that bars and restaurants will be asked to facilitate the 6 feet distance between patrons. That means spacing my location games much more widely than normal. To get 6 feet between players, it seems that would decrease the number of games in a row dramatically. (Down to 1/3-1/2 of the usual number?)

I could also imagine putting sanitizer in the Pingulps rather than reserving that for drinks. Or a pingulp on each side? One for sanitizer, one for drinks?

Frequent cleaning? Perhaps need to leave cleaning materials available for patrons to clean the games themselves if they want?

What other ideas can you think of to optimize location pinball in the near future?

#10628 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

oh hey we hit the 2 million mark:
2,040,060 Coronavirus Cases
but the "new case per day" graph is really showing how we're coming down from the first peak https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/worldwide-graphs/

It's disappearing like a miracle.

1 week later
#12542 3 years ago

What if...there’s no vaccine (not clear we can make a corona vaccine), no effective medical therapy (nothing effective found thus far), no reliable antibody test (not yet), and no immunity from antibodies anyway (no evidence)...seriously, it’s worth considering what happens then.

1 week later
#13468 3 years ago

I’m disappointed that Elon Musk has said so many stupid things about this coronavirus thing.

3 weeks later
#15033 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Help me understand something. I thought that by practicing social distancing and wearing masks, we would still have the same number of overall covid infections. It's just that those infections would be spread out over a longer period of time. Regardless of the measures that we take, isn't 50% to 60% of the world's population still expected to contract this coronavirus? Unless hard no-travel borders go up, no country/state can prevent the eventual spread to everyone.

The "flattening the curve" was the most important thing during the initial, exponential growth phase. It seems that we've been pretty successful at doing this. Now, it's time to try to reduce the overall amount of infections, especially in the most vulnerable populations. It is simply ridiculous to think we should all be sitting around waiting for everyone to contract this virus. That would be a terrible strategy. Hopefully, a vaccine or effective treatment will be developed before most of us have been infected. That way, lots of people are never infected, and lots of lives will be saved.

2 weeks later
#15676 3 years ago

What is it about the US that allowed this embarrassing comparison?

8AC53375-75E2-4549-AE74-D2E1894828DF (resized).jpeg8AC53375-75E2-4549-AE74-D2E1894828DF (resized).jpeg
#15804 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

The shut down was never meant to cause the virus to disappear. It was meant to buy time for the medical community to prepare. The area under the curve was the same, so the same number of people were expected to get infected.

No. The FIRST goal was to flatten the curve. That wasn't the ONLY goal. It takes ~60-80% of people to get infected to develop herd immunity. And that assumes that it is even possible to get herd immunity to a virus like this one, with poor antibody formation and persistence.

Do you think the other countries that have had significant drops in cases did it through herd immunity? If that was true, China would have around a billion cases (~70% of 1.5B), with ~10 million deaths (conservatively assuming an infection mortality rate of 1%). It is OBVIOUS that it is worth continuing to take measures to try to limit the total # of infections, and therefore # of deaths.

#15983 3 years ago

What-about-ism is a very stupid debate technique.

#16059 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Shut up about it and put a mask on.

...and stop traveling right now.

2 weeks later
#17040 3 years ago

I’m just curious what the anti-mask folks think about Trump’s latest pro-mask tweet? Does this somehow change your mind?

#17050 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Correct me if i am wrong but is there any Vaccine for any of the Covids? We are at Covid 19 so i am guessing this is all from Sars? and if that is correct then seriously do people really think they can come up with a Vaccine. If they do i smell bullshit and please correct me if i am wrong i have just been trying to get my head around it for a while.

Covid19 is called that because it started on 2019, not because there were 18 previous coronaviruses. There has never been a successful (human) coronavirus vaccine.

2 months later
#19461 3 years ago

This immunity vs resistance stuff is incorrect.

1 week later
#19774 3 years ago

I would love to hear someone explain, without dodging the question or what-aboutisms, why the US is doing so poorly relative to other countries.

1 month later
#20675 3 years ago

Is it conceivable that these vaccine(s) could be approved and released before the companies have published their results? This is crucial, because people will have lots of questions for their physicians about the vaccine(s). Without published data, the physicians will have no solid answers.

#20744 3 years ago

This is interesting. Looks like the first dose does a surprisingly good job alone.

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1337047714341785605

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=russell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.