272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#20 4 years ago

https://Reddit.com/r/coronavirus is a well stocked site. Also has sites specific to different states for local information.

#29 4 years ago

Should have at least used the thread with the earliest, largest post count...

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The damage from shutting down the entire US will far outweighs 200 deaths let alone 2000

Most people who don't understand science are just shutting up right now.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, confirmed. So not panicking over 2 strains. If that’s increases significantly then I’ll change my opinion

Wow

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hi guys
Yesterday, a good friend of my family aged 49y died for coronavirus (7days) he had a 10y child, the worst thing is not that you die, the worst thing is that you die alone, in hospital without the possibility to talk with your family and you are going to be flamed without a funeral, without the possibility for your family to see you for the last time.
In the photo you can see a military trunk line full of coffins, our graveyard is full

Holy Fuck!

Stay safe friend...

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Don't question or confront misleading and potentially harmful information.
Understood.
Are you the "Italy vs USA", apples to oranges person from the other thread?

Why we’re not overreacting to the coronavirus, in one chart
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/20/21179040/coronavirus-us-italy-not-overreacting[quoted image]

Not saying we're not headed down the same path as Italy but the US has a much larger population (327m vs 60m). Does that chart take population into consideration?

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I saw that Loblaws is giving employees a 15% pay hike

"Why should you go to jail for a crime somebody else noticed?" B.Loblaw

Bob Loblaw (resized).pngBob Loblaw (resized).png
#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can't believe they still want to hold the Olympics but Japan is in denial. Saw yesterday that Japan has only administered 15000 tests total so have no way on getting actual numbers of infected. No way in hell I'd be going to Japan this summer. NBA is done. MLB won't even get started. PGA would be a possibility of returning as they social distance pretty much anyways and would be ratings gold. Praying that they have some kind of instant test by July so NFL can resume in August but I don't see it. Think we'll be waiting till 2021 to see any sports. This is going to be soooo rough.

TBH they could fly all players on private jets to the Masters and ratings would be higher than the Super Bowl.

#1281 4 years ago

Doc, can someone get Covid if they have already gotten it (one and done)? There seems to be anecdotal evidence that they can but is there a consensus on this topic?

#1352 4 years ago

For all you people out there with something to lose, if you haven't done a Living Will, there's no better time than the present.

I've been dragging my feet for years on this. Finally went online and filled out a form (at rocketlawyer.com but I'm sure there are a million places you can get them). Need to find a Notary but I'm finally getting it completed.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Orange County, FL has 150 test kits (and no idea when they are getting more) for their drive up testing that begins tomorrow.

Should be good through the end of the day, if they open an hour before the end of the day.

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a sobering account from a 31-year-old nurse practitioner in Albany GA (my state).
“COVID19 is not like the flu...at all... How do I know? Because I’ve lived through it to tell the tale!
Memoirs of a 31 y.o. male with no underlying health conditions.
March 3, 2020-Bronchitis like illness started, dry cough, no fever
March 5, 2020-Low grade fever starts, still thinking bronchitis
March 6, 2020-Fever climbs from 99.8 to 102.6 in one hour, thought it was flu and was now outside the Tamiflu window, stayed home for symptom management.
March 9, 2020-Fever of >102 continues, this isn’t flu, go to urgent care, diagnosed with pneumonia, started on Levaquin.
March 11, 2020-3 doses of Levaquin in, no improvement in symptoms, go to ER. Admitted, swabbed for COVID19, IV antibiotics got pneumonia on chest CT.
March 12, 2020-Get to a room and placed on supplemental oxygen via nasal cannula, 1 liter per minute (lpm). I’m only able to achieve 500 on my incentive spirometer, for perspective-my healthy lungs could hit 4000.
March 13, 2020-O2 saturation begins to decline, oxygen increased to 2 lpm, then 3 lpm, then 5 lpm. Oxygen saturation 88% on 5 lpm. The decision is made to use high flow (vapotherm) and move to ICU. Placed on 40 lpm and 60% oxygen. I’m terrified at this point because vapotherm is all that is standing between me and the ventilator. This is the moment I would have died at home had I not come to the hospital when I did. I would have respiratory arrested in my bed.
March 14, 2020-I have a bad coughing spell, my oxygen saturation drops to the 80’s. I’m still on 40 lpm and 60%. I’m trying to gasp for air, but because of the condition of my lungs, can only take small breaths without coughing more. I feel as though I’m about to die, my heart is racing, oxygen still low, and I’m sweating profusely. Im in respiratory distress! I pressed my call light trying to get the attention of anyone who can help. My nurse was in another room tending to another sick patient. Fortunately he sees me and comes to my room. I am now on 40 lpm and 100% oxygen, next step is the ventilator. I’m terrified. My breathing slows as my oxygen saturation slowly returns to the 90’s. I’m weaned back down to 60%. The same thing happens again in the night, and again I thought I was about to leave this world. Again I’m on 100%, this time for several hours. I’m slowly weaned again to 60%.
March 15, 2020-My morning arterial blood gas (which hurts like a ) is normal. I get weaned to 50%.
March 16, 2020-My oxygen saturation is 97%, I’m weaned further to 30 lpm and 40%.
March 17, 2020-I’ve been in ICU 4 days, forced to use a bedpan because my oxygen saturation drops if I turn or even move too much. I am unable to clean myself; I’m feeling completely helpless and so embarrassed, but my nurses were great and very understanding. I now truly understand my patients’ feelings from all these years of nursing. I’m weaned to 25 lpm and 30%. I’m going to the medical floor.
March 18, 2020-I’m weaned to 28%. I can achieve 1500 on my incentive spirometer finally. I’m hopeful to be weaned to a regular nasal cannula. The provider comes in. I’ve been waiting for my swab results. I tested positive for COVID19...6.5 days of waiting for the outside lab to process the lab. I’m relieved because I finally have a diagnosis, a reason I’ve been so sick. I’m weaned to 4 lpm on a regular nasal cannula, 4 hours later I’m weaned to 2 lpm. 4 hours later I’m weaned to room air. My oxygen saturation stats 93% and above all night.
March 19, 2020-As I write this, I’m waiting to attempt a 6 minute walk test to see if my oxygen stays up, so I can go home. I’ve had no visitors this entire time due to my isolation precautions.
Guys, this is why social isolation is a thing. As a 31 y.o., I wasn’t supposed to get sick. I wasn’t supposed to be admitted to the hospital or the ICU for that matter. We’ve already had several deaths from COVID19 in this area. I thank God I wasn’t one of them! However, many won’t be as fortunate as I have been. Many will die, especially those with any lung or heart problems. So please, I beg you to #stayhome “

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wonder what thought provoking point they'll experience at his funeral. I may have taken lives, I don't know for sure and I don't want to know, god will judge me then.

Levi is just easing the tension. Well written. Ironic. Funny. Wasn't celebrating or making fun of the death, just the state of mind some people in our Government have.

Much better than the COMPLETELY lame Corona Beer jokes. Christ those were/are so unfunny and the easiest low hanging jokes I've ever seen. At least Levi put some thought into it.

#5045 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

True, but at least it was moved back. It will probably be moved again. Some people need a deadline to look forward to I guess.
And just after that, unfortunately he’s back to personal attacks on reporters who bring up the fact that he said he didn’t think New York would need 30k to 4Ok ventilators. “I never said that”. Yes you did Mr. President.

I can't think of a President in the last 90 years less suited to lead us during this crisis.

A chance to give everyone hope and bring us together and he pisses it away to yell at reporters and make everything partisan.

#5783 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

So, if this little virus originated in bats in China, should we be worried it jumping to bats locally where it could jump back after we are done isolating? What jumps out in my mind is the bat bridge in Austin but I'm sure there are other localized areas where mankind and batkind are close.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

None of this will ever be over until we have a vaccine. Then it will be over.

#5792 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I quickly see a world where this is liken to chicken pox. Everyone will get it sooner of later....flatten the curve....spread out the rare of infection. This isn’t to reduce the number of sick, it’s to reduce the number of sick all at once. Sooner or later we’ll start having conversations like this with friends.
“did you get the covid yet?”
“Oh ya, I had it six months ago, it was the worst.”
“I’m glad your well, my aunt just got it. I don’t think she’ll make it.”
Don’t be fooled. A vaccine will not come quick enough for most. Millions will die. Either it’s over 3 months or 3 years. The push to make ventilators won’t save all the lives. Currently if your bad enough to be put on a ventilator, then you have less then a 20% chance of making it through. The death rate of infected is much higher then China ever reported.
Stay home. Be safe

Agree for the most part. If I (we) can hold out long enough then there will be better, more standardized methods of treatment. That is my goal anyway, to hold out until the pharmaceuticals and doctors catch up. The whole world of scientist are working on this. #1 priority. Something good is coming. And then the vaccine a while later.

#5926 4 years ago

Permaban, finally.

#6141 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Totally OT, but i sure miss Frank Zappa.

He would be great during all this.

#6372 4 years ago

Test for antibodies could be a game changer.

#6767 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Dark thoughts: if something happened to you, are all your papers in order? Your will, bank accounts, credit cards, power of attorney, DNR, organ donations, etc? I dotted all the Is and crossed the Ts earlier this year.
One thing I'm also doing is making sure my partner knows someone she can trust for getting rid of my arcade stuff. Someone we can trust to handle all the logistics and put things out for fair prices, so she wouldn't have to deal with it all.
Wondering if anyone else has done the same?

My wife and I are signing our living wills today. We did it for free at rocketlawyer and have a notary coming over this afternoon. Nothing like a pandemic to cure our procrastination.

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I did a bunch of Wills and Trusts last week for the procrastinators

I sure hope you didn't meet with them in person, and if you did, I hope you disclosed your personal negligence philosophy prior.

#7498 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Georgia’s Governor just reopened all their public beaches a couple hours ago. With a shelter in place order in effect.

I will not make a statement about politics.

#7893 4 years ago

Man the Queens speech this weekend made me very jealous that we don't have someone who could communicate like that here in the US. So calming...

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What ever do you mean.
Our kings speech yesterday was awe inspiring: "Don't believe the medical experts, they know nothing, I have common sense and if I thought I needed a mask I'd wear one".

It felt so odd listening to her when she didn't mention all of the news organizations or other politicians by name that were out to get her...because that's so important right now.

#7929 4 years ago

Everytime an asshat gets permabanned a new asshat takes his place. Ugh.

#8128 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This is the kind of thing that will seriously jeopardize his TV career.

The people that like Dr. Drew have bad short attention spans.

#9114 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I feel this is the first wave for us in the US....the numbers will flatten and the mistake will be made to get back to “normal” to soon and we will see this all over again. Maybe not as bad but if the virus does not die out it will continue for some time. Hope I am wrong on this.

Agree. My goal is to just get through the first wave of chaos. In another month or so, there will be much better treatment/testing options available. There will also be tens of millions of people who have already contracted the disease who (probably) will be safe to be around. There will be new outbreaks and shelter in place orders but they will be targeted and not nearly as universal as they are now.

Just need to get through the next couple of months. Things will never get back to normal until we have a vaccine but "near normal" would be a lot better than what we have now.

#10368 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I still can’t believe that some people in this world consider their financial well being and the economy more important than their own lives!

There is a scale where economic conditions can deteriorate to the point where it costs lives. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck. Add a few more months of this and things could deteriorate pretty quickly. I'm not saying I'm ready to lift restrictions and go back to 100% normal but there does have to be a gameplan in place to ease into normalization.

TBH, better/faster testing, better treatments and antibody testing could free up half the country overnight.

#10423 4 years ago

Just ordered some Amazon Prime eligible stuff. May 6 was the delivery date. Wow. 3 weeks.

#10803 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Don't critizize the protest in Michigan, it's the start of a Revolution.
Pay attention, this is how these things start.
These are my guys.

You really should be out there with them. Please consider it.

#11051 4 years ago

Alex Jones is that same piece of shit who called the massacre in Sandy Hook a false flag. He eventually backed off from it but not before hurting a lot of innocent people who were just trying to grieve...

#11404 4 years ago

Hunter/Garcia for your Saturday morning ((vibes))

#11414 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

There’s no gay hate....I love me some Rachel. The way she lectures her audience in that slow, monotone voice...it’s very soothing. She is one of my top go-to’s when I want take a nap or I am having late night insomnia. Right up there with watching golf on tv or counting sheep.

And a new candidate for permaban has emerged...

#11465 4 years ago

Some people using charged terms like "snowflakes" in order to circumvent the rules about not talking politics.

Attention: "snowflakes" = "liberals"

#11605 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You forgot Wickerman2 is perma banned also.
So new list is
rwh
wolfemaaan
motorcitymatt
zr11990
iceman44
vicjw66
zablon
ds_nadine
thefamilyarcade
dblm
Wickerman2
wolfemaaan was booted off the site entirely
iceman44 holds the record for fastest eject in under 48 hours
DBLM actually requested to be booted.

Some of those guys I recognize as having permanent bans on other threads too. I sure do wish Pinside would do one of their reapings...it's been a long time.

#11620 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody watching Covid Aid?
Elton had a sick pro multi cam rig recording his performance!
Showing up everybody in their kitchen recording In portrait mode.
Entertaining so far. Wondering what the Stones are gonna do! Miss You probably.

Woah, did B Gates just say we just have to keep this up until late NEXT year?

When do Pinburgh 2022 tickets go on sale?

#11666 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Here's a fun thread for anybody interested in all the protests going on in the past couple of days.
https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/comments/g3niq3/i_simply_cannot_believe_that_people_are/fnstpyl/
Turns out the protesters might be pawns for a larger political scheme.

Very interesting read. Take a group of easily manipulated people. Add what looks like a grassroots movement but is really a targeted campaign by billionaires/foreign countries. Sprinkle in a couple of ill advised tweets from the top and a national press that cant help but blow up every story and suddenly you get an "astroturf" revolution to reopen the country.

#11669 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah Jagger came across as all world.. especially against the rest of the lineup. Vedder sounded great, but on a funky composition.

Ah, that old Elton John classic "I till ta da"

#12061 4 years ago

Back again! We will try and be on our best behavior.

2 weeks later
#13790 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

it's clear where most people are going to get infected is at work, in a restaurant, at a party, or any other place they spend a couple hours around someone who's infected and doesn't yet have symptoms.

(pinball)

1 week later
#14408 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man we are coming up on fourth time around on some of these memes lately

At least people aren't posting those stupid Corona Beer memes. You can tell a lot about a persons sense of humor when they post those. Cheap, obvious, low hanging fruit.

3 weeks later
#15402 3 years ago

My wife's friend has a farm. We go out every year during strawberry season to pick strawberries. It's closed of course. There were more ripe, unpicked strawberries than I've ever seen in my life. Nobody around for a half mile in any direction. It was surreal.

3 months later
#18948 3 years ago

Hopefully these recent developments change mask policy...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.