272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider powdevil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Having people say you are over reacting is way better that under reacting.
What I have been doing when I have to go out, I wear vinyl gloves. I stay away from folks. Once I finish shopping or gassing up, the gloves get thrown away. New ones on if I go to another place. When I come home, hands are washed, phone is wiped with alcohol, hands are washed again. Items are put away, hands are washed and then I have a shower. If this doesn't help keep me safe, I don't know what will???
I see very few people wearing gloves.

Good ideas all, but disposable gloves are just about as hard to come by as TP, face masks and hand sanitizer. Hoarders are a serious problem.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

The US cases just went down to 8200, not sure what is happening at worldometer?

#1422 4 years ago

I can see the moderators are going to have to start a new Official Coronavirus thread. This one’s gone completely to hell.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Where have the political police gone? For FS can't we get a thread without politics? Maybe start a separate thread where political warfare is officially allowed??

Big thumbs up here. I hope the rest of humanity is doing better than this thread.

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Ah well, whadya do?

Turn on HBO.

#2425 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Give them something to keep them happy was more what he said. Gotta love Mayor Garcetti.

He does realize alcohol is a depressant?

Quoted from Oaken:

Liberty University just welcomed back all its students from spring break(approx 50,000 undergraduates, most live on campus). Gatherings limited to 100 people or less.
This will end well.

Falwell... what a great leader!?

Here’s some bolstering news... We’re now over 10,000 cases ahead of Spain and were over 10,000 behind them a couple days ago!? I think we’ll be number 1 before the weeks out.

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never realized that.

Known fact.. Any cannabis deliveries to balance the happiness?

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, those have been determined to be an essential service.

Shit, that mayor deserves re-election!

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Remember, I'm the guy that started the show us how your garden grows thread.

I’ll have to check that out. Wonder if I can get a delivery service to Illinois?? Just kidding USPS!

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Luckily I took up the hobby of playfield restoration a few years ago. I bought one of these bad boys which might come in handy soon.[quoted image]

Hell, put that up for auction... you be a rich man!

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

I've been thinking of wearing it along with a full Tyvek suit and gloves on my next grocery trip. Not because I think I need it, but more for the "shock and awe" effect.

Do it! I think the look on the check out clerks face would be priceless?!

1 week later
#7673 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Jigsaw puzzles are hot now too. I had a few unopened ones in the closet that I planned to do someday. Now those $10 puzzles are going for $50+.

Check Walmart.. I picked up two 1000 piece puzzles for $9 each on my last food shopping trip.

3 weeks later
#12561 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

They didn't use a control group. That article is vague as hell...

..also, the first test they did with remdesivir showed negative results in treating Covid-19.

Alcohol-and-COVID-19-what-you-need-to-know(1).pdfAlcohol-and-COVID-19-what-you-need-to-know(1).pdf
#12562 3 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

..also, the first test they did with remdesivir showed negative results in treating Covid-19.[quoted image]

Wrong attachment!

1 month later
#15662 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, not really.
Deaths ARE rising, in over a dozen states, compared to a few weeks ago.
Cases are up. Deaths are up in many states.
America has failed to rise to the challenge, unlike many other countries who took it seriously and had a cohesive plan. And we are paying the price and will continue to pay the price. If we'd just done it the right way we'd ALL be coming out of it now, instead of it getting better in some places (New York) and worse in other places (Florida, Oklahoma, etc).
This is an opinion piece but it's built around the facts of COIVD trends in the U.S.:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/15/president-who-promised-put-america-first-instead-turned-us-into-this/

I don’t think I’d pay much attention to the Post, the Times, CNN or Fox.. Too slanted. While Florida and AZ cases are up, the death rate in the entire US has been below 1000 per day in 13 out of the last 14 days which is a big improvement over April and May. Check out the graphed rates at Our World In Data.

#15669 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We are in the middle of Stupid Time, Stupid City, USA. We should feel better that we are down around 1000 dead per day??? That’s another 365,000 dead per year, at our low point!! And the numbers in huge states are skyrocketing. New York got its shit under control. Now it’s boiling over in the South and other huge populous states. Texas is headed for disaster in DFW and Houston at a minimum. I’m just at a loss for what’s acceptable. We get what we deserve in this ridiculous country. Lord.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On point. I couldn't even engage with the poster who tried to blame this on "slanted" news. We got 2 or 3 9/11 death tolls happening every week still and we are supposed to believe it's over? It's getting worse in many parts of the US and that's very troubling.

Well, you just did engage the poster. Nobody said anything about it being over... but, it’s a hell of alot better than 1000 dying every day in New York and New Jersey alone.. You don’t think news today is “slanted”??

#15678 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. Tired of the assault on facts. Tired of the assault on “media.”
I think a lot of people are.
Just making up our own “facts” isn’t working any more. Not when 2020 is your reality.

Man, I don’t know where you get your news.. I assume CNN.. you don’t get that CNN’s Lemon and Cuomo encourage protestors (spreading the virus) and basically turn their heads to looting and violence on police.. on the other hand Fox’s Carlson and Hannity are constantly pushing for stronger police and military response to disturbances and encouraging attendance to tonights rally (spreading the virus). Most media sources in the US are biased one way or the other.. You want proof of the bias of cable news... sit back and flip channels tonight between CNN and Fox tonight and watch both spin the coverage of Trumps rally. It’ll be almost laughable. I miss real news.. not propaganda.

#15698 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The free media is the only thing keeping our country different than places like Russia and China. Probably why so many people in charge want to get rid of it.
They’ve done a great job in the US during this pandemic and have saved countless lives. We are in bad shape, but without them, we’d be in worse shape than Brazil.

Nobody is looking to stop free speech here.. I’m searching, like alot of moderate thinking people are, to find news coverage that doesn’t try to tell me how to think or tell me what is “right”. I’ve been here long enough to decide that for myself. Just some place to give the the numbers, show me the events and let me decide for myself how to act.. All the major news networks are pushing people farther left or right and if you don’t go that direction you are wrong.

1 week later
#16111 3 years ago

I think there is something seriously wrong with the Z Generation...

Alabama coronavirus parties offer payouts for those who get infected, official says - CNN.pdfAlabama coronavirus parties offer payouts for those who get infected, official says - CNN.pdf
#16118 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Brace yourself for the inevitable, OK Boomer, reply.

I’m braced.. and yes I’m a Boomer.

#16268 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You can't blame the rednecks for this one . I think it's been a combined effort of all types of people . Over here I've seen people who should know better , out protesting trying to get whatever point they want across .

Exactly.. and it takes someone from outside the U.S. to see it. All the bullshit.. the virus, the social unrest starts in the urban areas and flows outward..

#16409 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

What? Fox News a reliable news source? They initially called Covid19 a political hoax and downplayed it vigorously at the beginning. They've been known to alter photographs on occasion also - LOL

Curious what your opinion on CNN and MSNBC might be?

#16418 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

It’s easy to critique an opponent’s stance or preference when you don’t offer up your own.. and if you are just being critical without offering solutions then what good have you done?

#16426 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If only there were media outlets other than Fox News and MSNBC available to us. Of course the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post are all still doing actual journalism, for those that are willing to read and can take their news without it being shouted at them.

USA Today is even handed, and BBC and PBS are usually unbiased.

2 months later
#18603 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The NYPost is like getting your news from the National Enquirer. Fun to read but factual?
From Media Fact Check:
According to an LA Times article, the New York Post was reported to be the preferred newspaper of the U.S. President, who maintains frequent contact with its owner, Rupert Murdoch. The Post, According to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York. Further, The Post has been criticized since the beginning of Murdoch’s ownership for “sensationalism, blatant advocacy, and conservative bias.”
A factual search reveals several failed checks.
Ted Cruz ‘same senator who once supported a ban on sex toys’ – Mostly False
Newly Discovered Planet Could Destroy Earth Any Day Now – False
Hillary Clinton Regularly Had Her Maid Print Classified Documents – Unproven
PS 169 Pledge of Allegiance and Holiday Ban Controversy – Mostly False
‘New York Post’ op-ed rebuts starving children claim that was never made – Pants on Fire
Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on several failed fact checks. (7/16/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 7/13/2019)

Quoted from gweempose:

Sadly, a lot of people have no idea that their news source is biased. Here's a great chart that shows the bias of some of the most popular online news sources ...
[quoted image]

...hmmm.. the New York Post news is considered moderately conservative. The New York Times and the New Yorker are far left wing biased. People need to focus on getting their news from unbiased sources. This goes for people leaning left as well as right.

1 week later
#18856 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I saw this on Reddit:[quoted image]

When Yellowstone blows 536 AD could become number 2... Hopefully that’s not soon!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider powdevil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=powdevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.