272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I keep dropping this one in threads to lift some spirits but like most video links on pinside, only 1 out of 1000 people actually watch it.

Seems like what's happening now! Mother nature doing it's thing!!

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where’s all that human feces I used to hear so much about? Ahh, the good ol days.

It's in LA

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is there any criticism for the countries second state Texas, and no shutdown at all yet from the Governor until Friday? Or just NY?

Don't mess with Texas!! Just kidding, but seriously Florida has not had their shit together either IMHO.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have to call the hospital today as I'm scheduled for pulmonary test tomorrow but, to be honest I don't want to go in the hospital. I'm in the age bracket that is most at risk, although I question that with all the younger people coming up sick. Seems to me at this point there is no "at most risk" group, this virus is infecting and killing indiscriminately throughout our population.
Damn Who-dey, this will be the first time in 150yrs Cincinnati's Reds opening day parade will not take place. Lotta "first" unfortunately happening all over our nation during this outbreak.

Stay safe brother, I'm scheduled to see a pulmonologist next week. Not sure if that's happening.

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

WTF? This makes no sense. We’re even more screwed if this happens:
Our people want to return to work. They will practice Social Distancing and all else, and Seniors will be watched over protectively & lovingly. We can do two things together. THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM! Congress MUST ACT NOW. We will come back strong!

True!! But congress keeps bickering about pork projects not relevant to the crisis!

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guarantee Fauci doesn’t make it through the week.
It’s a shame really. It was nice seeing a glimmer of competence up there.

Not a fan of Dr. Birx? I thought she was very insightful. I miss Fauci up there too, he's probably burnt out. Last night press conf was what 2 hrs? With same questions.

#2343 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So what’s the thesis of this? They knew and are on their private islands? Cashed in chips before crash? It does seem like a crazy coincidence but sometimes that’s all.

Golden Parachute!!

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think u need a heavy dose of Hannity .... your right though....we should just shut down the world economy until nobody ever gets sick from this virus....brilliant theory....more people would die of poverty than the virus

He doesn't listen to Hannity, his go to is Rachel Maddow!!

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m so excited that in 5 days this is all over and we continue life exactly as before!
God bless the USA!

Look at a calendar, Easter's not in 5 days. Ain't shit over!!

#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

As soon as they figure out a way to move the Pacific Ocean to Mississippi I’m there man.

EARTHQUAKE!!!

#3614 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It’s going to be strange having someone competent in the future

Shit, hope you're not talking about the sleepy one!! He's the man. LOL

#3618 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The Easter Peeps were made a while ago, and there will be no shortage. Just like Reese's is making Halloween candy in a month or so if they aren't already.

They probably have a shelf life of candy corn, forever.

#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

City and county beaches were closed Monday and Tuesday. Today Doheny state beach won't allow cars. I've never seen this. Just bikes and walkers and joggers. The very few golf courses open looks like they stopped taking tee times starting Monday. It was odd not to see any boats out in the water either. Pretty sure these are signs of things becoming more restrictive around here, not less. My electric bike is a blast to have in these times.[quoted image]

Nice bike!! Any details on it? You can PM me since it's off this topic.

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm looking, not sure which one it is.[quoted image]

You're in the wrong thread!! This is the TDS thread!

#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I didn't wrote/ discussed anything political.
Just posted a satiric picture, wich usually falls under art.
(But I'll stop to not ruin Foreceflows day.)

Maybe worry about the Fatherland!

#5446 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mother nature really kicking ass! I just went to make my bed.
And he did not want to leave.[quoted image]

Those little guys are harmless, all over Florida too!

#5798 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’ve played enough Plague inc. on my iPad to know that covid-19 is a winning game. The objective of that game is to infect the world before people find a cure.
I heard the game has been removed from app stores in China because it was causing too much fear.
If you have never played it. Give it a try. It’s a fun strategy game and might be eye opening for some on what we’re in for.

I guess there will be a pin too..

#6300 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Did Ray Charles cut that?

He's dead, Stevie Wonder cut it!!

#6944 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah, still eating several salads a week at home.
But today is Filet O Fish Friday!

Good on you, it is Lent!

#6959 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Odin , how about this.

Bacon not well done, sorry.

#7704 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Yeah, understood. Might be a year or two before people get back to normal. Rough times for the restaurant industry.

Not only restaurant, but movie, theatre, any venue with crowds in close proximity.

#7971 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Pinside is my only go to for political news

You forgot this.

#8058 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fantasy omelet with cheddar cheese... to go.[quoted image]

Looks great! Morning sleepyhead!

#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Smear campaign in full effect.
You guys aren’t gonna be happy until Dr Drew or some other unqualified moron is in charge.

No, goes to show how things have changed over time with the pandemic.

#8308 4 years ago

Someone posted this site recently and breaks things down by states pretty well.
https://infection2020.com/

#8393 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The mother of my daughter, who she still lives with, fell ill last week.
Taken to an urgent care on Thursday, she was tested and diagnosed with the flu and sent home with Tylenol. Saturday she was admitted to the hospital, and although test results not back as of yesterday, they are treating it like Covid-19. She is on a ventilator suffering multiple organ failure and the prognosis is not good. They are not expecting her to make it. The have her on dialysis as well hoping for the best.
She had some underlying heath issues over the last few years that have made her susceptible. My daughter has no symptoms.

So sorry, hang in there!

#8960 4 years ago

Dr. John

OIPOT0EVNBM (resized).jpgOIPOT0EVNBM (resized).jpg
#9238 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

So I live in a pretty rural area of Northwestern Wisconsin, and our county finally reported its first official case of COVID-19 last night. Today, my FB feed is full of people demanding to know who the infected person is, where they live, where they work, where they shop, what car they drive, on and on and on.
The xenophobia....just ridiculous.

Seriously? Does your area even think there is a pandemic?

#9421 4 years ago

More and more Pennsylvanians will be doing this thanks to our asshole Gov. Wolf.
Heh heh, I too broke the law yesterday!
https://www.cpbj.com/pa-liquor-stores-closed-consumers-flocking-border/

#9874 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everything else he was saying since January was being ignored, probably figured may as well say that and maybe people would stop going on cruise ships.
Are we really gonna start posting quotes from public officials from early March again? I could post a ton that would absolutely shock you!

You mean when your mayor told everyone it was ok to go out to restaurants?
I get it everybody fucked up and should be held accountable but the media always has a biased agenda.

#9883 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would love to discuss the performances of elected and public officials in my state, feel free to PM and I’d be happy to offer my opinions. I do not want to get ejected by discussing this stuff here so I won’t.

Don't really care what happens in your state. My initial post was an article about a Dr. Fauci statement from the beginning of March that you seemed to have an issue with.

#10344 4 years ago
OIP (resized).jpgOIP (resized).jpg
#11149 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The problem is we all love cheap shit from China . I brought a pedestal fan with a remote control for $10 imported from China made with Metals and engineering yet a six-pack of beer made with water , sugar , yeast from down the road cost me $18 how does that work .

They put "Craft Beer" on the label and add $10 to the price!

#11439 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

A good long hike outside is also great for the kids. Kansas State Parks are still open....for now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Doesn't make sense to close a park like this. Plenty of room to social distance!!

#11440 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Amazing how a little bit of tolerated jokes about women's bodies open the floodgates to the homophobic drivel.

Yupp, PC crowd is alive and well on pinside.

#11448 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

What does that even mean?

Pinsider's being overly sensitive about risque humor.

#11460 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Not risqué, just stupid. “Haha, this woman has short hair and she looks like a boy, haha if you like her you’re gay”. It’s not homophobic, just dumb 4th-grade behavior. Maybe stick to jokes about farts and poop.

Lighten Up, I am old and white!!

#11480 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Going to work on a 1955 Regatta today, excit d to get it resetting properly

Nice!! Love to see some pics. Does it have impulse flippers?

#11499 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Life is always intense as a repo man!

Loved that movie!

#11528 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From Yelp-
"8am during COVID and what's the breakfast of champions? Burgers!
Craving burgers and my dad told me about a decent mom-pop diner in Placentia."
I don't think so. But here is the breakfast menu. Help o-din decide![quoted image]

My go to would be #1 3 eggs scrambled. Usually add hot sauce to the eggs and potatoes!!

#11671 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes but what if the US gave China the $$$ to the lab that actually created the virus if it holds up to be true?? check out this link and see what has been dug up? You do have to take all sources with a grain of salt as to perspective but some of this does sound believable

Scary if true!!

#11700 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Curious. I’ve read a superfluous amount of information since this stuff started, as most have.
Does anybody believe that it’s realistic that we start to reopen consistent with the 3-phase plan, and that it would be safe for the most part as long as people continue to practice social distancing, the constant wipe down of commonly touched areas, wearing masks, etc.?
To me it sounds good in theory, but it definitely seems like there would be a significant risk for another spike in infections.

Yes there may be some spikes but there are a lot of states and counties with low rates of infection. Those are the ones that should open 1st.
Even in our state of Pa. there are counties with low cases and zero deaths. People cannot be without income forever!!

#11725 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

If a person lived in one of those areas where there was a low infection rate, would they want to have things open back up and take the chance people from higher infected areas would come to their area?

Social distancing and masks will still need to be in place.

#11738 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Agreed. However......look at the beaches in Florida that have been re-opened. How are the social distancing and masks working out there?

No one knows. I guess Florida will have to monitor their infection/death numbers and see.

#11956 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would love to say a few things right now but i will get in trouble if i do. I will just say that is unbelievable! Lol

Me too. Surprised or not by all the downvotes. Guess that's deemed ok.

#11971 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Ok.
I’m running out of projects to do and good beer here at the house.
Spent Sunday tiling the damn backsplash in the pantry and drinking Budweiser “heavy”.
Hadn’t had one since my teens. Surprisingly...it tasted great compared to the tile wet-saw spray[quoted image]

Looks damn good especially after drinking heavy!!

1 week later
#12580 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Trump has signed an order requiring the meet packers to say open.
In the 20th Century there were several times that employees went on strike such as the coal minors or other items critical to the economy and the President made a call to action requiring the strikers to get back to work. But these were employee driven strikes over wages and benefits.
This is different meat packing stuff is different due to the health risks.
"Meat plant workers to Trump: Employees aren't going to show up."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/business/meat-processing-plant-workers-reaction-executive-order/index.html
The meat packing employees say they are not coming back to work because of the health risks. Can the government require them to go back to work in an unhealthy work environment? I mean, if a group of employees flip the govt. off and say they are not going back in, could they be taken to jail for refusing to work?

I'm sure they will do a deep cleaning and open back up, if those workers refuse, hire ones that will. Of course safety measures need to be increased like masks and partitions. It is doable!!

#12678 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I’m sorry to hear this. I’m starting to fear I may have had the virus also. I’m not in a rush to go out and get the antibody test - I’ve been home since the second week of March. I was in Boston a ton in February.
I was sick once in December and again in the first week of March.
I feel like I should also go over my symptoms in case anyways has the same. I didn’t want to talk about because Pinside can be brutal, but I think the timing is okay now.
My health profile:
I’m 21. 5’10” & 235 lbs. Former smoker for 3~ years, quit about 18-24 months ago. No health problems, only meds are allergy related. Used to be about 255 lbs, and had high blood pressure issues, but nothing too severe.
1. I’ve strangely been having shortness of breath going up stairs since around the beginning of the year - when I stand up super straight, and go really slow it isn’t as bad. I’m also experiencing a lot of sporadic and sharp chest pain. This could happen several times in one day for a couple minutes each or once a week for twenty minutes or so.
2. When I was ill, I never really developed a heavy dry cough. I was extremely tired, had a very sore throat, a slight cough and had minor difficulty breathing. The second illness was not as bad as the first one.
3. I’ve been having fatigue problems since - I can sleep for 12 hours now, that was pretty much out of the realm of imagination before all this.
4. I’ve been experiencing pretty significant joint pain. I had some joint pain before, but it’s pretty bad now.
Conclusively, I feel like I’ve aged about a decade in the last 3 months. I’ve gotten “better” from the spurts of illness, but haven’t really recovered.

If you're still having chest pains you should definitely get that checked out. You're young but that ain't normal!!

#12690 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I had an EKG about a year ago.

If you're not worried, neither am I.

#12747 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I see we are back to the ole “shitting on the sidewalks in NY / CA” routine. Some greatest hits never get old, right?
Since you seem deeply concerned about the welfare of New Yorkers, I’ll tell you “WTF.”
WTF is that there’s an unprecedented health crisis in nyc, tens of thousands have died, and one of the countless by products of this crisis is more and more homeless people are camping out on Subways at the same time as MTA workers are getting sick and dying, and general ridership is down 90 percent.
So it’s kind of a shitshow, pardon the pun. Not sure if you noticed but this isn’t exactly normal times around here. The subways have always been “cleaned all along” but these are unprecedented times in 2020.
Thanks for your concern though. I’m sure we’ll straighten things out ASAP.

Just posting the news feed, calm down Bro.

#12777 3 years ago
afb680_200316 (resized).jpgafb680_200316 (resized).jpg
#12821 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ca some body tell me how those Michigan idiots manage to get into a courthouse with assault weapons? If I walked into either county courthouse or the Federal Courthouse across the packing any kind of heat, even a BB gun, I would be on the ground in handcuffs.

They're not in the courthouse, that would be illegal. Michigan is an open carry state and they were protesting in the capital building.

#13100 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One good thing about this virus: No Robocalls.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/tech/robocalls-decline-coronavirus/index.html
"Americans experienced a drop in the amount of robocalls flooding their phones in April, helped by international call centers being shut down during the global pandemic and government efforts to stop Covid-19-related scams."

Right now, I'll take the robocalls!!

#13102 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

An interesting thing happened today. My grandmother received a Stimulus check. She passed away over 6 months ago and she hadn't had a tax return filed in about 20 years.

This is how dead people vote!

#13124 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

With all of the old timers dying off and leaving empty homes behind one might be able to make some great real estate deals. Interest rates are zero; You could make one hell of a loan
Hell, I might even be able to move to New York and buy a brownstone.

But would you want to move to NY ?

#13441 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Got this gallon of sanitizer off of Amazon. Little pricey and smells like whiskey and pungent. Whew, does it smell! So if I use this and drive, get pulled over....I'm 100% doing a field sobriety test.[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact buzz!

#13645 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You hit the nail right on the head. This is 100% what it's about for most of the people who are still active in this thread.

Not only this thread, but also the media narrative.

#13652 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I think you may have misread or misinterpreted the post. If you read what was stated - Georgia reopened April 24 (NOT within the past 24 HOURS) and since then there have been 1400 or so deaths. That is what the article said which is what I thought to share.

Sorry to burst anyone's fantasy but things are not going all that great. What is happening in the US is not the positive puppy dogs and ice cream as some may think. Everyone has a long way to go before there is vaccine. The US has NO plan going forward except to open up and let people die that are going to die. That's not a plan and we knew this was coming in January. Without testing (which not everyone cant get no matter what they say) you cant open up blindly when the guy next to you in the office may be infected. So, I wasn't trying to offend you by posting something contradictory but to possibly discuss. Instead I was downvoted and dismissed.

The whole purpose of the lockdown in the beginning was to flatten the curve, correct? Well a lot of states have a downtrend and are allowed to open with restrictions. I don't think there is anything wrong with this. We cannot remain shutdown until there is a vaccine!! My .02

#13658 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

There is no "media Narrative" There are so many media sources available that the only "narrative" is the one you decide to identify and follow(or not) with your personal bias'.

So you're saying there is NO media bias?

#13664 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Just got done talking to our medical director. He donated a week of his time in a COVID clinic in NYC. He took over and followed 10 patients. 8 of them died. All different ages. Some with pre-existing conditions. Some young and healthy. I know everyone’s antsy to get back to normal, but we really need to make sure we do this methodically to keep exposure low.

I applaud his dedication.

#14150 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, sure. I read the other posted article. But how come no one was talking about it way back when? Why I am only hearing about it 50 years after the fact ?
As I have gotten older, I started getting interested in history. When this is all over, I am going to the city library, pull some film rolls and see what my local news paper was printing at that point in time.

Back then the only way to hear about it is reading newspaper or evening news, and what 16 or 17 year old reads a newspaper?

#14199 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

So all of a sudden i can cover my face when i walk into a bank awesome.

Nope! Just the drive-thru.

#14214 3 years ago

From table 1 it looks like we peaked week of 4/1 and are coming down.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm

1 week later
#14708 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This will be sure to set some of you off! How bad of an idea do you think that this is?
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-plans-to-have-full-stadiums-in-september-august-league-official-says

Pipe dream!! Especially not in every nfl city.

#14715 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’d feel a lot more sympathetic to the “open it all back up” crowd if they were sharing real stories of personal struggle, even if they’re links to articles or videos (like that great one about the upcoming wave of evictions). When you guys talk about massive suicides and murder and chaos without anything to back it up, you just sound like keyboard warriors. Tell us about someone you know who’s unable to work, and that makes it more real for all of us. Just like articles written by real people who survived COVID makes it (hopefully) more real for you. Personal stories also have a way of breaking down tribalism, that’s why we need more of those from both sides.

The double digit unemployment rates for every state aren't enough?

#14932 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

No, New York is the national embarrassment. Especially Cuomo and De Blasio. Oh and AOC how could I forget her she is amazing

Thankful I don't have anyone in a NY nursing home!

#14975 3 years ago
gv680_200529 (resized).jpggv680_200529 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15393 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So what are they going to do if hospitals in many areas are overrun and hospital beds run out? Maybe they should have thought about what measures they needed to take to keep the economy open before rushing to reopen.

Build hospital beds like they did in New York, which of course they didn't use.

1 week later
#15660 3 years ago

What, you guys have not been wearing masks all along? In Pa. you have to wear a mask to stores that are open. Being open does not mean no masks.

#15695 3 years ago

Weekend? That's Johnnypinball's dinner!

#15700 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Wow, a leader of a major superpower said yesterday that their response to an increase in COVID cases was to tel their health officials to slow down testing.
Yeah, we could cure cancer by not doing any biopsies either I guess...

Never be a cure for cancer, too big of a moneymaker!!

1 week later
#15999 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Was wondering why VT was in the same category as FL, same dark red color. This map is basically "manipulated data", VT had 53 new cases for the WEEK, and Florida had 38,748 for the WEEK. It goes by percentage, and ignores the numbers.

Deaths are never mentioned! Just cases, cases, cases!!

#16187 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Say what? Would you like to make a wager on that? Say 4-6 weeks out? Will we be at zero? Or will we be climbing back up?
Let's say we come in at 500 deaths per week. 500 * 30 = 15,000.
We are at 132,000 deaths today ( 7-3-2020 ). Add 15K. 132,000 = 15000 = 147,000 in 30 days.
And you are OK with these numbers?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Say what! You're daily new death chart shows deaths are declining. Looked like deaths peaked around April 20th

2 weeks later
#17057 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Here's a rip snorter screaminr ...
[quoted image]
It's pretty funny really in a banter kinda way, maybe only if you're (South?) Australian?.... or, not Victorian/Bogan?
Everyone these days just Soft Fragile Snowflakes anyway and no sense of Actual humor anymore.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/hotel-in-sydneys-eastern-suburbs-called-out-for-racist-coronavirus-signs/45f87f67-d257-4df4-9444-eb7ca18361af?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_5_sydney-hotel-called-out-for-racist-covid-19-signs_210720
Geez. They could have at least used an icon wearing a Mask, you know for even more outrage! Lol

Racist why? Cause the sign had a dude with a man bun?

#17126 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The reason we have so many cases is because we are testing more. When you test more you are going to have more cases. Everybody knows that. If we quit testing we would not have so many cases. We are looking at not testing so much because testing costs so much money. So because we are testing so much we are having all of these news cases. If we quit testing we would not have all or these new cases.
[quoted image]
And while we have all of these new cases because we are testing so much, the death rates is going down. Just one glance at this chart and you can see deaths are going down.
[quoted image]

We can't all live in Kansas!

#17238 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Dr. Fauci pushed back on the critics Friday on Fox News, saying he was dehydrated and was drinking water. He also noted he tested negative for the coronavirus hours before. He was sitting with his wife and friend.
“I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself,” Dr. Fauci said.
“I wear a mask all the time when I am outside,” he added. “If people want to make something about that they can, but to me, I think that is mischievous.”

That 1st pitch wore him out!! Looks like he never threw a ball in his life.

#17285 3 years ago
106342037_3244957235560863_4387716994765897444_n (2) (resized).jpg106342037_3244957235560863_4387716994765897444_n (2) (resized).jpg
#17289 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Miami Marlins baseball team is having a major outbreak and has canceled the next game. They said on ESPN that 40% of the team has the virus.
I don't see how baseball is going to be able to continue if even one more team has a similar outbreak.
Forget about college football and other sports that are not playing in a bubble environment in the US.

Yeah, Phillies played them this past weekend. No news yet of any positive cases on the Phillies. (Yet)

1 week later
#17762 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

New York and Cuomo stepped down hard and got COVID somewhat under control.

If you call 33K deaths under control. LOL

#17867 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

With the "every major city of the World" do you mean some cities in the U.S. and one in Europe?

Are you saying the mainstream media is fake?

#17905 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The band of the banned always seems to show up in other threads to remind us why they aren’t here anymore.

Get enough of doom and gloom on mainstream news!! Don't need it on a pinball site!!

#17958 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I graduated from high school in 1984 with 585 other super geniuses, all of us waay above average. If only we were in charge of the country now!
<looks at notes> Shit, average age of congress is mid-fifties. We are running the country now. My bad.

Solution- term limits.

#17993 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

CNN has a video with Anderson Cooper and the MyPillow guy. I think the guy is full of more shit than a Thanksgiving turkey. You may have a different opinion.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/08/18/mike-lindell-anderson-cooper-coronavirus-therapeutic-mypillow-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/top-news-videos/

I loved the way Anderson Cooper let the guy speak.

1 week later
#18124 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

It better happen this year. I still have a couple unopened bags of candy from last year that I haven’t touched (miraculously) I don’t think it’d last another year.

Unless it's candy corn! That shit lasts forever!

1 week later
#18392 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

3x at risk then... (men, old, fat)
"Old" is a relative term of course.
For Covid the people at high risk seem to be 65+ but the 50-65 age range is not immune either.
Men more exposed than women.
Co-morbidity factors such as diabetes and obesity make the outcome worse.

You're talking about most of pinside!!

#18579 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Not if you had to figure something out. I would keep him shooting while I came up with a plan to escape.
He is like a Jesse Pinkman to a Walter White.
Though with Walter White's ethos I would venture.

Haha, Jesse Pinkman's still alive!!

4 weeks later
#19358 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hear the weather is beautiful in Florida that time of year.

Way warmer than Illinois that time of year.

1 week later
#19646 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s time for a national 2 week lockdown. And a real one. Shut everything down. As completely as possible.
Why are we still dicking around with this? It’s crazy. 2-3 week lockdown this would be close to over.
Lets get it together people!

That would just slow the spread! Won't be over until there's a vaccine.

#19701 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I have 2 in my Bathroom of “Oddities, Victorian Medicine and Serial Killers” They are there with some other insects withe the most painful stings/bites mentioned on the Schmidt's pain scale. They are pretty big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You would enjoy this museum in Philly. Medical oddities and medical practices throughout the years.
http://muttermuseum.org/

#19804 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You need to look at the number of ICU beds available, not total number of beds.

Got that info?

#19808 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

When people post things like this to downplay the virus, it sucks.

Not downplaying the virus at all, merely posting covid hospitalizations. To me those numbers don't seem excessive, but that's all you hear on CNN.

#19847 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Covid Patients are Quarantined. Does not relate to total Beds Available.

Help me out, its simply for my knowledge. Where did you first hear, see, or read of the link you posted?
I wanted to work backwards.....Keeps an old man busy. Thanks.

Google is your friend...How I found it.

#19898 3 years ago

Seriously? Gizmodo? This is worse than mainstream media. The site is called a design, technology and science fiction website!

#19941 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah everybody needs jobs, and it doesn't really matter to people who work at Perkins who owns the place.
Unfortunately there's a pandemic on and cases are rising drastically, especially in states where superspreading rallies have been happening for weeks. Packing the entire family into a crowded Perkins or any other restaurant is not a good idea right now.

LOL, rallies will be over, so by your calculations cases should be lower soon?

1 month later
#20796 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Yet there has been no transmission of the virus on the field/court/rink...

And why did the NFL shuffle around the schedule, postponing games, etc. ?

#20888 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I find it ironic the covid denier politicians are getting their vaccines now.

I read it was all of congress, because they're essential. LOL

1 week later
#21056 3 years ago

I guess this should be the song of 2020 and beyond.
The Police-Don't Stand so close to Me!

1 week later
#21212 3 years ago

Got my 1st Pfizer shot today!!
Thank you Operation Warp Speed

2 weeks later
#21527 3 years ago

Damn, this turned into a food thread!! Things must be less gloomy out there.

1 week later
#21643 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Got my second dose yesterday, full blown flu symptoms set in within a few minutes of going to bed last night. I have never been that sick in my life, other than contracting the Nora virus. Holy crap it was horrible, have been on the couch all day today with body aches, chills and weakness, but I'll take this any day over the muscle spasms, sweats, freezing, body pain, chattering teeth, jello legs, nausea, insane headache, pins and needles in my arms and severe arm pain, etc from last night. They say you need to get the vaccine annually? Not a chance, one and done, rather roll the dice.

Was it the Moderna also? I recently got my 2nd Pfizer shot and no symptoms at all. Not even pain at injection site.

3 weeks later
#21932 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We have a restaurant in my town that remained a smoking allowed establishment when many others put out the no smoking sign. And then the state of Kansas shut down all smoking inside of public access buildings and the restaurant had to go No Smoking allowed. I knew the owner and he was one happy camper when the state made the shut down order. He had wanted to be non-smoking for a long time as way more than half of his customers wanted to be able to eat without having to leave the place smelling like a fireplace. But he was afraid of losing business. The state gave him the cover he needed. If anything, his business improved because the non-smokers started coming in droves.
As someone who smoked for 46 years, I can attest that many of those who smoke are some of the most inconsiderate bastards I have ever been around. My dad was one of them. He had a retail store and I used to watch him light up and blow smoke into the non-smoking customer's face without giving it a 2nd thought.
I am not a anti-smoking Nazi. If you want to light up, it does not bother me. I'll even hold the lighter for you. But I understand where the non-smokers are coming from.
It is really butt-ugly.
[quoted image]
However, at the same time the state shut down smoking inside we were also getting a new state sanctioned casino built. And the state, while shutting down smoking everywhere else, has allowed smoking in the casino. But the casino also has a superior air ventilation system.
I'll borrow something from the song Smoke, Smoke, Smoke: But nicotine slaves are all the same. At a pheasant party or a poker game, everything's got to stop while they have that cigarette.
https://genius.com/Tex-williams-smoke-smoke-smoke-that-cigarette-lyrics

Loved it when there was still smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants. Friday night we would pull up and there would be a long line waiting to be seated. I walked up to put our name in and when I told the girl smoking section is fine, we would get seated right away.

3 weeks later
#22233 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

These are some very interesting stories on getting vaccines. Has anyone else had both already? What are your experiences?

Pfizer, 1st shot sore arm for a day, 2nd shot no side effects at all. I'ma so happy!

3 weeks later
#22489 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

IF you did not believe Covid was real and does not affect you or the Pinball community,
then maybe understanding that Chris Walsh (organizer of the NW Pinball show)
Died this week, in the hospital for nearly 3 months with complications from Covid,
he was about to get released at the end of this month, but unfortunately had a sudden heart attack,
I am sure brought on by complications from covid.
RIP Chris Walsh krunch

Wow, this is sad. Did not know Chris, but prayers go out to his family. RIP

2 weeks later
#22761 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I was 10 in 1963, I got the measles and the mumps. Not at the same time, but IIRC, there were no vaccines for these 2. There was just polio and smallpox vaccines.
I remember the polio vaccine was taken orally with some purple liquid dropped onto a sugar cube. Smallpox was the lady who just kept ticking into my arm with that needle with the vaccine on the needle. IIRC, she had to do that needle poke 50 times. It was quite a wound that puffed up and got a little sore.
We baby boomers all have that big scar on our shoulder that we think is as normal as a belly button. It was no big deal.
I am a leftie and my right shoulder bears witness that I was covered for smallpox.

LOL That scar not so obvious anymore! I guess aged and hairy arms.

3 weeks later
#23076 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

and something like this in your living room?

[quoted image]

Growing up all the Italian moms in South Philly had that plastic all over their couches, made your legs stick to it. LOL

2 weeks later
#23302 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

So Pinfest is at the end of July. It's starting to sound like a bad idea. Only time will tell but surely Delta is going to ramp up in that time.
I don't have anything to say except that I'm worried.

If you're worried, just don't go!!
There's plenty of other events going on right now that are lot scarier. NHL and NBA playoff games at full capacity, to mention a few.

1 month later
#23911 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Assume at least someone there will have itt and spread it. Pretty much guaranteed.

Great show!! Pretty much guaranteed!!

#23980 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Speaking of, one of my kook, ant-vax family members is now concerned about the variants being brought into this country by "all them illegals". I guess I should just be hopeful she may start taking the pandemic seriously.

Seems to be happening.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/migrants-in-texas-who-tested-positive-for-covid-reportedly-released/

#23993 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Highlight the portion of that story that details the "variants being brought into this country" by undocumented immigrants. Because that's what you were responding to - a post regarding someone's relative having a baseless opinion about, specifically, variants being introduced into the country by people coming over without documentation. That being said, I don't want to hear about what "might" be brought in, or what you want to spin this into politically. I want you to point out the relevancy of your posted article to the quote you selected to respond to, specifically. Detail it for me.
Spoiler alert: a simple CTRL + F search on that article page tells me that the word "variant" is not found.

Variant's, that's your issue? Never mind the fact that positive cases are coming into the country? Allrighty then.

2 weeks later
#24795 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Governor of Texas just tested positive. Anyone know if he was vaccinated?

Yes he is and no symptoms.

#24975 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

My antivax Brother from another state just called to say hes coming near me and wants to visit.Hes a trucker no vac.I want to see him as I rarely get a chance but I may have to say no thanks.Any thoughts

Meet him outside and keep a distance. Outdoor lunch somewhere.

2 weeks later
#25530 2 years ago

I thought of this dude.

busey (resized).jpgbusey (resized).jpg
1 week later
#25724 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Sorry, should have stated flip phone.
Back to covid talk now.

I thought it was obvious!

#25738 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I installed a windows update and now my wife is pregnant.

But was she vaccinated?

1 week later
#26035 2 years ago
Quoted from nudgefree:

No no, the teachers are the real heroes.

LOL, Norm says real heroes are the students!!

1 week later
#26180 2 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I was curious if anyone has reported numbers of people contracting Covid at pinball shows. The York Show is coming up and the pinside thread says "no Covid talk", so I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know the numbers from past shows and how they get reported, if they get reported at all.

I don't think they get reported at all. Allentown show went on without any issue earlier this year, no mask mandate, some wore masks, some didn't.
I'm sure York will be the same.

#26256 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

There are a bunch of pictures in the York thread from the opening day today. Looks like masks are an uncommon sight (similar to Allentown) but maintaining distance looks relatively easy.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/13
-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

You missed a great show! If you're vaccinated like I am, you should have no worries. Saw a lot of old pinball friends and made some new ones.

#26286 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Crunch Time.
I should not have to ask this but I am asking.
My 82 year old sister-in-law is in need of my chauffeuring skills for a 750 mile round trip. She has not been vaccinated. She will have another rider going along that I know nothing about with regards to vaccine.
I am vaccinated with Moderna.
Do I risk taking this trip or should I tell my sister-in-law she is on her own?
Thanks.

You're vaccinated correct? Well then, live your life and help out your sister in law.

1 week later
#26399 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

General Colin Powell dies. Covid-19.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics/colin-powell-dies/index.html
He was vaccinated.
So, now what?

He also had cancer which would compromise his immune system.

1 week later
#26485 2 years ago

Got my Pfizer booster last Thurs. and arm still red and warm at injection site. WTF they put in this shot habanero?

#26495 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

If you think the soreness of one of the Vaccine shots is bad, You've never had the Shingles shot!
The J&J shot hurt going in, but the pain went away shortly.
The Shingles shot hurt like a MoFo, and my arm was sore for days, and felt hot at the injection site for nearly a week.
Actually, it was hot at the injection site. I used a Fluke thermal sensor at work and it was about 5 degrees warmer than the same area on the opposite arm!

Any other side effects from shingle's shot? My wife got the 1st shot and was sick and nauseous for 3 days. Swears she's not getting the 2nd one.

1 month later
#27549 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Currently laid up in bed 24 hours after I got a combo of the vaccine booster and a flu vaccine. Alternating chills/sweats and body aches. I'm not sure which of the two is doing me in, but it's no fun.
Anybody know what kind of compensation I'm entitled for my vaccine injury? Maybe an appearance on Tucker or a Breitbart article?
The booster feels well worth it though. I'll be seeing my unvaccinated parents and brother and sister in law over Christmas so somebody has to take some responsibility here and use protection.

Ladies on the "View" would love to have you.

#27567 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

All the flat earthers I've interacted with are definitely anti-vax.

How do you know they're flat earthers?

#27723 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My elementary age kid goes back to in person school in January for the first time since forever

Are you telling me your kid has been out of school all this time?
My grandson's in Catholic elementary school and they've had in class learning since the pandemic. They stay home if they have symptoms and have to be tested, but other than that school's in session.

1 week later
#27896 2 years ago

2 years into this and why are we lacking in test kits?

2 weeks later
#28423 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

If you keep repeating misinformation enough, it eventually gets "some" people to believe it. The big lie (German: große Lüge) is a gross distortion or misrepresentation of the truth, used especially as a propaganda technique.

LOL, still being used today!!

1 week later
#28633 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Malls are too crowded

Not in my neck of the woods! Malls are dead, all the brick and mortar stores closed when covid started and never came back.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=poppapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.