272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#17500 3 years ago

This is my one post to this thread. I wear a mask everyday, everywhere I go. I do so not for me, but for everyone I come into contact with so I don’t infect them if I happen to be infected and asymptomatic. I am at high high risk of being infected given I am a physician. My main job as a physician is to adhere to the Hippocratic oath -> “first do no harm”. Wearing a mask helps accomplish that. Our infection rate remains one of the worst in the world, approaching 3rd world country status. It just shouldn’t be that way. And the reason for this is that disinformation has replaced actual expertise, “my freedom” has replaced social responsibility, and “I hope it works out for you” has replaced actual national leadership on this issue. Freedom to actively harm others has never been a right anyone has been granted in the US or anywhere else for that matter. Life will unfortunately not return to normal until the infection rate is curbed. The infection rate will not be curbed until people start following basic mask wearing and social distancing. What I say to those who continue to refuse to do so is “do you want me to get sick because you refuse to wear a mask, and if you do get me sick because you were infected, who do you expect to be able to take care of you ?” I don’t believe people are fundamentally selfish on a personal level, but I do believe they are unfortunately very selfish when only considering their response to this pandemic in some abstract political terms. The most patriotic and unselfish thing anyone can do at this time for this country is to wear a mask and take social distancing precautions. It will lower the infection rate, let us finally test and fully contract trace smaller dust bunny outbreaks rather than the hurricane we have now, let us finally send our kids back to school full time, prevent us from taking on another $10 trillion debt and saddling our kids with that debt, get this economy back to something resembling normal, and finally and somewhat selfishly let my Arcade stay open so it can continue providing a place for my community to come have fun.

1 week later
#17800 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

===============================

[quoted image]

Was staying with the girlfriend this weekend. It was her high school teacher brother who retired earlier than planned because his school was such a mess. This school came across the news and Judy said this is the same school where her brother taught at. He said what ripped it for him was all of these high school kids coming up and getting in his face.

“Students will use a "digital learning" model Monday and Tuesday while the school undergoes deep cleaning, the letter says. Otott says the number of cases could increase if pending tests also return positive results.”

Every time there is an outbreak one sees this: a “deep cleaning” will solve it all. And what that means is telling the janitor to wipe all the desks down with a Clorox disinfecting wipe. A deep cleaning - unless by that they mean high flow ventilation and a constant hospital grade air purification process throughout the facility -will do precisely nothing. Wearing a mask might do something. Contact tracing might also do something - namely show one or more infections traceable to shared proximate air space, not shared pencil or chalk board eraser or door handle. Continued belief in nonsense is unfortunately almost always undone by reality.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=pookycade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.