272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3 4 years ago

Everyone good luck and keep clean

Also isolate your elderly loved ones. My parents are in 'lock down' for their own safety. No visits from children or grand children.

#384 4 years ago

To the doctors on here would an iron lung work instead of a ventilator?
They are much simpler to make. They made plywood versions in Australia in the 1930s

Iron_lung (resized).jpgIron_lung (resized).jpg
#390 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Iron lungs aren't able to provide enough ventilatory support for an ARDS patient. Unfortunately.

Would they be of any benefit to a less severe case?

#1061 4 years ago

First off my parents were both born in Italy, and most of my extended family is also Italian.

I love my Italian heritage and all that... however Italians generally distrust government and authority. You tell an Italian not to sit on a chair and they will sit on it in spite.

Been on the media to have social distancing etc etc for a week or more in Australia.
I went to an Italian Australian funeral 5 days ago, about 300 people. During the condolences, everyone was kissing and hugging etc!! I walked straight out with my elderly aunt.
If one person had covid 19 it could easily spread to 30-50 people in one incident.

They didn't seem to care!! Hence I can see how it spread through Italy as it did.

1 week later
5 months later
#18335 3 years ago

I'm in Melbourne and stage 4 lockdown is BULL S#*T.

My kids will be home schooled close to 4 months, my eldest daughter may not return to school this year.

People can not work even if they have no contact with people, Gardeners etc. Solar systems can not be installed on roofs for example!!

Fantastic thinking, lets shut down the economy, prevent elective surgery, keep old people isolated so they can die alone even without COvid, retard the education of a whole generation, increase anxiety and mental health issues for a large chunk of society, prevent people from getting certain cancer screenings such as endoscopes and colonoscopies (personally know people that has happened to) etc etc

The State Government in Victoria should be booted as they are so incompetent it is unbelievable. I have first hand information regarding their dealings in acquiring masks, how they instructed government workers working in hotel quarantine to bring their own PPE and on and on.

Apart from this crap I can not go interstate to see my wife's family, shit I can not legally see my own parents/sisters etc who live 10 kms away!!

It is just stupid, took my children for a walk to a park, playground was shut, but the drinking fountains are open to the public!!

I am happy to wear a mask, can handle the curfew, limit shopping to 5kms but PLEASE let children go to school and let people go to work!!

1 year later
#28342 2 years ago

Unvaxxed, got covid (most likely Delta), generally healthy, overweight, 43 years old.

Used the FLCC protocols, vitamins, quercetin, ivermectin plus NAC prior and during infection. Felt average for a week, but still functioning, another 10 days felt tired. But have made a full recovery. Also took probiotics to aid recovery.

In my LIVED experience the vitamins etc helped immensely.

I know healthier people than me who were vaxxed but no vitamins etc and they struggled heaps.

This was the same for my wife, who suffered less than me but is healthier also unvaxxed.

My 7 and 9 year old got it and had virtually Zero covid effects. In my opinion you are MAD to vaccinate children.

I think therapies would be more effective than mRNA vaccines especially for younger people.

And keep in mind the Australian Federal government has set up a compensation scheme for the 79000 people and counting who have suffered SEVERE adverse reactions to the Vax. Up to 600k AUD. They will also pay for funerals...

#28366 2 years ago

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccine-claims-scheme

My first cousin healthy 35 years old spent a week in hospital following her first Vax injection. AZ for blood clots.

By the way as soon as a traditional protein based Vax is available in Australia, I am more than happy to get it. I have every other vaccine available, including optional ones.

I don't apologise for looking at the stats and the risk reward for trying something that has no long term trials.

I don't apologise for not injecting my children for a disease that has virtually zero bad outcomes for their age.

Show me the 5 - 10 year old studies showing Mrna is safe and I will gladly get it.

#28401 2 years ago

Show me the long term studies on mRNA vaccines?
Something greater than three years.
Also how can one evaluate Pfizer when the placebo control group no longer exists?

And to clarify, for older people where covid death rates are near 5%, these mRNA vaccines stack up. For young people where the death rate is a fraction of a percent, risk reward is not there.

Also if you are an obese person it would also help.

#28410 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think you are missing the point of what vaccines are for, they are not just about self-preservation, it's about fighting together to save more lives, have less hospitalizations, and have less economic impact from the virus. Yeah, those young people might die from the virus in low numbers, but unvaccinated young people spread the virus to their parents, teachers, grandparents, etc. who are more likely to die from it. There was a heartbreaking story on NPR of a woman who's sister was unvaccinated and got a haircut unmasked, then hung out with their mother. Turns out the hair stylist gave the sister Covid, and she passed it along to her mother, who passed it along to her father. Both of their parents died. I'm sure your kids would feel pretty awful if they gave you or their grandparents, minister, teacher or librarian Covid and it killed them. I bet they would have wished you vaccinated them, rather than let that happen. You have to think beyond self-interest when it comes to vaccinations and think about the harm you may cause to others with your choices.

I appreciate the sentiment and like I have written before I am pro vaccine if it has had time to prove itself as safe .
I will gladly get a protein/traditional vaccine when available even though I have a degree of natural immunity.

My other issue is the mRNA vaxs do not slow the spread. Australia has areas of 92% double vaxxed and we are hitting 35k cases a day in those same states.
The outbreak at my kids school, there was no noticeable difference in the spread between unvaxxed and vaxxed.

My son did give my wife and I covid as well as his younger sister. His older sister did not catch it even by living in a covid home that had active cases over 20 days!

I wear a mask and whenever there was a chance I had covid I would isolate.

My worry is that everyone is relying solely on vaccines as a way out of this pandemic and not looking at early treatments. Thankfully governments are using monoclonal antibodies which will reduce bad outcomes .

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

As I have said many times on this thread, each medical decision a patient makes should be made between the patient and their doctor.

I truly appreciate this sentiment, this is not an option in Australia at the moment... Doctors are not allowed to not recommended the Vax, I know someone who had myocarditis prior to covid outbreak and they would not exempt him from receiving the Vax even as a young male.

Re the Pfizer placebo vs vaccinated group, I'm sure I read there were more deaths in the vaccinated group ...

#28581 2 years ago

Do you guys solely believe in the Vax? No treatments at all?

Serious question.

The Vax stastically reduces hospital transmission but does not slow the spread. Look at Australia over the last month. 90% plus population double vaxxed and massive amounts of new cases. Close to a 100k per day.

I know people who are double vaxxed, some are fine, some are struggling and a friend's uncle died.
Maybe someone's immune system prior to the Vax is more important than the Vax itself?

#28592 2 years ago

Thanks for the responses.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=pinpatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.