272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballplusmn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1472 4 years ago

The absence of Faucci on this press conference is both unexcusable and disturbing.

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yup because the world is full of COVIDIOTS including here in Canada. Want an example..... My sister-in-law (SIL).
She had adopted a dog (17 years old) out of compassion about 1.5 years ago from an elderly couple that couldn't take care of the dog anymore. Flashforward to 3 days ago, the dog was crying and staying on the bed, peeing all over the place and clearly something was up.
My SIL calls her sister(my wife) and tells her to come over to her house to see the dog. She says "No. Under normal circumstances she would have but in the world of COVID, she can't risk getting infected because she has asthma and we don't want to compromise the kids".
Who is my SIL?
She's the type that kept getting visits up until 3 days ago from other people, kept going to McDonald's every morning to go pick up coffee, kept sending her kdi to other peoples places, kept going to see her parents (Her Dad: 75, heart conditions, high blood pressure and diabetic. Her Mom 72: Osteoporosis, diabetic and a weak immune system) every single day until the event.
What happened?
My SIL is deranged and also an alcoholic. At this point it's been a day since the dog has been put down. She has called the house around 10 times to give my wife shit and keeps telling her that she's a complete bitch for not going with her. Keeps trying to reinforce that she chose my family over hers and that she deserves to die with all of us in quote "all insert family name deserve to die". After roughly the 10th call I had had enough. I took the phone from my wife (who is incapable of giving her shit) and I gave her such a mouthful (not even sure where it all came from) and hung up the phone.
At this point, we know she is drunk but we fail to realize that she is yet again at her parents, completely wasted (2 bottles of red wine into her). Socializing for the last few hours with them (my in-laws are not the brightest either - I have no clue how my wife turned out the way she is). Her parents let her drink the last portion of her second bottle with them (they know fully well she's an alcoholic but don't intervene).
Now the SIL is all over herself....she doesn't want to go home (10 houses down) because she's too drunk. Instead of walking home what does she do? She calls her brother that works at Costco (prime COVID candidate) and tells him to come pick her up. So Covidiot #2 (BIL) shows up to pick her up. But instead of bringing her home, he brings her to his place. Covidiot #2 is probably the more stupid of the 2 and I wouldn't even want to step in his house (haven't since 6 years ago) since it's completely filthy. If you were to catch a disease you would go to his house.
At the house, she's so drunk that she slips on the concrete step and cracks her head open. Blood everywhere, huge gash in the back of her head, she's delirious. Covidiot#2 calls my wife. He's frantic doesn't know what to do and tells my wife to come help him. Again my wife says "no. Call 911". After 20 minutes she gets a call back. The paramedics are there and are pleading with Covidiot#1 to get into the ambulance so they can go to the ER for stitches and get a scan because they believe she has a serious concussion.
In typical fashion Covidiot #1 throws a tantrum scene. Covidiot#2 signs a waiver stating that he officially releases the paramedics. Covidiot #2 drives SIL home.
We get a phone call around midnight. My wife's father tells her that he is going to the ER with Covidiot #1. My wife says "No. You can't go. you are a prime target for this virus." Why doesn't husband of covidiot #1 go?...... he's high has a kite on pot.
At this point I'm lost, I've lost all compassion for anything in this situation. "I keep telling my wife it's not our problem....but at this point it is". My wife jets out of bed, grabs the keys and leaves. She picks up High husband and covidiot #1 and they drive her to the ER themselves. Once there get there they drop her off and leave her there. High boy and SIL go in H. He drops her offs, sanitizes himself and gets back in the car.
Fast forward now 3 days. We have been exposed more than we should have been. My wife has put her life in danger as well as mine and the kids because of at least 3 covidiots.
My SIL exposed everyone (12 people):
Herself
Her two kids
Her husband
Myself
My wife
Our two kids
Her parents
The paramedics
Because of her lack of rational thinking.
I am now known in our family circle as "CAPTAIN COVID". Yet I am the one doing groceries for her parents and mine. I've been out of the house 3 times in the last 14 days to go to the grocery store 1 mile away from home. That's my footprint. That's the way I envision keeping it for the foreseeable future. and if everyone did the same instead of drive out to McDonald's and their hairdresser this thing would be over in 3 months. But it won't be I'm forecasting a pretty lonely Xmas this year because some people just don't get it.
What's the saying: You can pick the wife but not the in-laws?
Rant over. #FML

Sorry for your situation. Nothing worse than your partner thinking the pandemic is a joke when you as a provider are trying to protect your family. You are not alone.

#5784 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

So, if this little virus originated in bats in China, should we be worried it jumping to bats locally where it could jump back after we are done isolating? What jumps out in my mind is the bat bridge in Austin but I'm sure there are other localized areas where mankind and batkind are close.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

Dont believe china.

#7158 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

China donating 1K ventilators to NY.
I bet the Chinese ventilators actually work too...
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-04-20/h_1f631979b35b4bcfa05223e75c101e9b

Wonder if these are shipping at 50 hz 220v? Will these ventilators function properly at 60hz us voltage?

1 week later
#9552 4 years ago

Tried baking a frozen pizza for the first time during this crisis. I think Ill stick to pinball repair.

20200402_124239 (resized).jpg20200402_124239 (resized).jpg
#10991 4 years ago

* Im not the author of this below but found this compelling to share. On a personal note, Minnesota is losing a ton of businesses. I have many clients who are bleeding out financially . My son has braces and has issues . he cant be seen. His dentist for cleaning tells me that they are backlogged with people in pain toothaches etc. Common sense needs to take over. Big protest at GOV mansion tommorow,

Dear Governor, (Tom Mould credit)

I’m a nobody. Which actually makes me a somebody. I’m a hard working Mexican-American who built a small 3 office Accounting firm in the South Metro. I employ people. I create tax revenue and opportunities. I’m writing today because your shutdown has gone askew. It is hurting more people than it is helping now. And I’m not even talking the economy (yet).

32 days ago, I became sick. I have great insurance through Medica and have been going to my Fairview clinic for over 20 years. I can’t see a doctor. I’ve talked to a doctor from the clinic twice ON THE PHONE…some correspondence through mychart messaging. I’ve been put on a Zpack and now finishing a 28 dose run of doxycycline. I can’t get my lungs x-rayed, I can’t get tested to see what the ‘culprit’ is. I can’t get anything. This is not right. My own father who served as a peacekeeper MP in Berlin had his Aortic valve repair surgery cancelled because they told him that the Governor deemed it not essential. One of my employees got horribly sick two weeks ago. She’s a single parent. Her doctors still have not allowed her to come into the clinic.

I’m not saying you did it intentionally (then I’d have different words for you if I thought that), but you have gutted primary and necessary care in the State that we all used to joke about “Minnesota is a great place to get sick.” There are horrific stories of young children who need surgery, oral surgery you name it, it is out there. There’s much more than Covid that can harm you and kill you.

Governor, other states are honoring their health care workers. You are laying them off. Over 11,000 laid off in Minnesota. Essentia laid off another 500 in Duluth today on top of the huge layoffs 2 weeks ago. My friends in Duluth say health care there is barely skeletal.

Governor, I IMPLORE you. Re-open health care. At the street level the cure is now worse than the disease. Less than 200 have died from Covid but far more than that are suffering illness that will leave permanent damage and/or lead to earlier death. I do not know who your close advisors are, but so many are hurting and are unhappy. And it is not partisan. When Doctors, Surgeons and Nurses are being shown the unemployment line, when Oral Surgeons and Dentists are at home, this is a recipe for a true health disaster.

I’m asking you as a human being to do what you need to do to get our Health Care Systems seeing, diagnosing, treating, fixing, repairing, healing people again.

You’re taking us the wrong direction. There’s a great scripture that says “A wise man sees trouble ahead and swerves to avoid it”. It is time for some mid-course corrections. The medical community is shutting down and we are far worse off health wise because of it.

It’s bad enough that so many businesses will never reopen their doors. People are trying to follow the rules and be good citizens and making big sacrifices. But then we can’t get basic health care. Because you’re saving us from being unhealthy??!

Governor, surely you are a better, more creative leader than this."

You can contact governor Walz at '[email protected]'

1 week later
#12510 3 years ago

I still find it odd that they cant say for sure if one can get infected more than once.

1 week later
#13550 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its definitely a scary decision.

I would rather get the virus than a 9 month rushed vaccine. Perhaps they will give us a choice.

1 week later
#14517 3 years ago

My question is the 2nd wave people say is coming. How do we know when the 2nd wave is starting and not part of the current virus thats circulating? It seems Brazil is still getting lots of cases and its hot there.

2 months later
#17671 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Here we go, on the road again
Like a band of Gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends???
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way
because everyone is an asshole
on the road again
Anybody else notice the increased average speed on the highways post shut down?
I begrudgingly try to keep up with the flow at 75 mph but since I refuse to drive any vehicle with more than 2 seats for the past 20 years (love my small sports cars) I am struggling to conform to the new 85-90 mph standard. Seems like everyone who passes me now gives me the same evil eye that I’m guilty of giving to the random ass whose not wearing a mask while inside any retail establishment.
Are people driving like maniacs cause of less law enforcement on the roads or is everybody now just stressed out in 2020?

Ive noticed this too. its very dangerous driving on freeways now. I would imagine people just want to get from a to b as they are stressed out and very impatient. Road rage is up alot as well. Additionally, some people have the idea that cops are less likely to make traffic stops due to covid which is probably true. Its not uncommon for me to be going 65 in a 55 and be passed by several going 80+ and this is in the city. many motorcycles ive seen going 100+

1 year later
#28195 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Then you wind up with someone like Mike the pillow guy.

A little off topic. I did a service call for a close relative of Mike Lindel. They have a Flash that could pass for huo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballplusmn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=pinballplusmn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.