272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It just hit me. The one thing I forgot to stock up on. Fruit Loops.

Luckily for you, Fruity Pebbles are much better.

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They seem to be locally. They mention it on our news.
I'm listening to LA mayor Garcetti right now. He seems to be a very humble, soft spoken man. Easy to listen to. And proud of his community.

In Ohio it’s a roughly 25% hospitalization rate and 10% ICU rate. I’m assuming those percentages are realistically lower once you take into account cases out there that have not been officially confirmed and people that are asymptomatic.

Still troubling, especially considering confirmed cases have been increasing by a third each day the last handful of days.

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Where I am. From the Mailbox[quoted image]
Always liked this one, from my front window beside my computer desk.[quoted image]

I’d be more concerned about the children of the corn vs covid.

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Lot of corn in Ohio too.

One of the best parts of Summer bbqs!

2 months later
#15852 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nah, I love Florida. It makes it appear on a map as if the US is peeing on Cuba.

Hey, a Gallagher joke!

#15888 3 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Do we have any stats on how many who get Covid19 and don't die have serious complications afterwards. Interested to see what percent recover 100% and what percent have serious complications that will last their lifetime.

Would not be surprised if we see a significant dip in average life expectancy decades down the road due to this.

#15980 3 years ago
Who-Dey’s Ohio  (resized).jpegWho-Dey’s Ohio (resized).jpeg
#15981 3 years ago

My four year old has no problem wearing a mask for 10 minutes inside a store, yet 80% of Ohio seems to have an issue. These past 3 months were for fuck all.

#15991 3 years ago

A sea of lonely unfortunately.

#16255 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I truly truly don't get it guys.
Why is everything has to be about politics ?
When everyone is free and do whatever they wanna do this is what we call anarchy.
Amost every country in the world is taking this seriously and for most of the countries this confinement is behind us.
We barely have cases now and coast to coast we have like 20 deaths in 24 hours.
Why can't people look around to look at other countries and act to improve things.
Even if everyone is in denial you cannot fuck with nature.
How is it helping the economy if you can't travel in any countries or have any visitors from other countries ?
Look at it from every angles, politics, economy, freedom what is the point if you cannot do anything and are trap in this longer than anybody on earth.
Love you guys but man this is so bad publicity for your country and it's gonna cost. Do you think anyone on earth is looking forward for their trip to Florida or California next winter ?
Do what needs to be done for the greater good. You guys are a great Nation and you are not scare to wage war against any enemies, well for this war no ammo, guns or tanks are needed just protect each other.

This is what happens when proper education is abandoned for a couple generations.

#16352 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm sorry and seriously no offense but I just cant believe anything that comes from CNN.

The confirmation bias is strong in this one.

#16360 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

On a very personal note to all pinsiders:
If you have been following this thread, you know that I like to give out useful news updates on covid-19, especially concerning things in my area (Dallas, Texas and surrounding areas) and I also like to lighten things up with some funny memes and pics.
Unfortunately, I must turn my thoughts elsewhere now and share with you all that I have a good friend that has caught the Coronavirus. He has also apparently transmitted it to his parents. He is a younger guy (mid 20s), typically very healthy, has a low-risk of infection type of job, and he has been extremely cautious and careful throughout this whole thing. Quite simply, he is one of the LAST people I would ever expect to get it.
This is affecting many around us, and more to come...even if you are incredibly careful. I would urge everyone to please use extreme caution at your work and in your everyday lives.
Please also send your thoughts out to my friend and his parents. I don't know how long this will impact their health and finances, and they need all the well-wishing and prayers they can get.

Hoping for a quick and full recovery!

#16478 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There is no cure for this. Why lose your wealth for the luxury of dying in a Hospital? I can take the 3000 dollar drug at home. I can use a sleep apnea mask to get a little more oxygen.
The death rate is dropping. That is all anyone cares about is the death rate which is minuscule compared to past Pandemics.
The rest is hype pushed by the media. Cases? Means nothing. More testing? Why, so they can enter you in a file and invade your privacy? I can pass a test this morning and be exposed leaving the test Facility. Testing is worthless. There are obviously millions walking around positive, so what? They are asymptomatic. Testing is merely revealing more asymptomatic people and feeding frenzied headlines.
People cheer when a former denier tests positive, Media breathlessly reveals these "Cases" to point an accusing finger and humiliate. What about the thousands who don't have it, were exposed and suffered no ill effects, or those who compared it to a bad cold? You rarely hear about them.
Fauci is back doomsdaying, didn't he admit lying to us about masks a few weeks back? Why should he be relevant or believed now.
I will make a bold prediction. All of this will end in December. Miraculously go away. A lot of people are saying the same thing.
Until then tell me what good testing is? You and I will get it sooner or later. We are past hiding from it. They love to criticize Sweden because they didn't follow the scam narrative. What difference did it make? People needlessly died? Horse hockey.
Keep from overloading Hospitals? That crap flew out the window a Month ago with accurate, certified reports of empty Hospitals waiting for patients that never showed. Canceling surgeries that were necessary for what?
Over..

That is one hell of a defense mechanism. Bookmarked for December.

#16479 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess you are missing my point. We haven't had a pandemic in over a hundred years so these are very abnormal times we are living in and people are going to have to adjust, make sacrifices, and just maybe come up with a game plan on their own because it is THEIR KIDS.
These people are on TV pissed off at the governor of Ohio and saying "HE NEEDS TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT FOR US". Why the fuck does he need to figure out what parents can do with their kids while they go to work??
He closed the schools because it needed to be done to help stop the spread of the virus, it's not his job or problem on who's going to babysit the kids until we get through this mess and people thinks any different then they are a damn idiot. They are YOUR kids and YOU need to make arrangements so you can go to work. There are daycares, relatives, babysitters and all kinds of things that people can do. It may not be easy but if parents put a little effort into finding a solution then I'm sure that they will find a way.

Maybe lend them your bootstraps so they can pull themselves up. Simple solution for simple minds. DeWine is doing a heck of a job btw.

#16494 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you got it somewhat figured out to me. People will do whatever they have to do to survive. This isnt a forever situation so I'm sure that you will figure it out.
Situations like this though which I will admit I never thought that I would see happen is the reason that I live a debt free life. I realize that's not possible for everyone to do but if you arent debt free then live a simple life. 90% of the people that I know live way above their means and many of them would lose it all if they had to be out of work for a month......heck a lot of them couldn't last a damn week.
I'm also not meaning you personally when I say you, I'm just talking about people in general. I think one of the good things that will come out of this is a lot more people will start living as debt free as possible and they will actually have a savings account for the first time in their life.

Take everything you just said, and now apply it to businesses. Because for some reason during the “greatest economy” we’ve seen in our lifetimes, the majority of businesses can’t go two weeks being closed and not go under. So let’s continue to bail their asses out, throw federal money into the market so Wall Street continues to profit during these times, and say figure it out yourself to the everyday Joe. That is ass backwards.

Your “greatest economy ever” is entirely dependent on debt and low interest rates. This result shouldn’t be a surprise.

#16591 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

A little 4 act piece on COVID:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Less than an hour away from me. I guess he went out doing what he loved.

#16604 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very few people think Covid-19 is a hoax but most people do in fact believe that it is being overblown for political reasons.

The only thing overblown is our rate of infections vs any other country that isn’t Brazil or Russia.

#16609 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think it’s political to say there’s been inconsistent messaging, a priority for appearances over the public Health, and most importantly, no cohesive, national plan for deal with this.
It’s a national embarrassment. I don’t think it’s too late to pull out of this with proper action but so far not much reason to be optimistic that this will happen.

I think it is too late unfortunately. The last few years and especially months have been eye opening. Words really can’t explain. I’m not optimistic for the future. Hope I’m wrong.

#16654 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Why are you so hell-bent on making this about politics and regional factors? Sadly, it’s just human nature and people everywhere desperately hoping it’s over or are just not being to comprehend how this works or the degree to which it’s contagious

Because it is. Let’s not beat around the bush. Is it human nature, or USA nature? Because there’s a sharp contrast compared to damn near every other country, which last I checked were also populated by humans.

This shit’s been going on for four months. If you can’t comprehend how this works by this point....I just. FFS.

#16963 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

We are not stopping this, we cannot stop this. This thing is ripping through the Nation, the World, right now, as was predicted late January.
Prophylactic measures like gloves and masks slow it down. It doesn't go away.
Masks and gloves, social distancing, negative- pressure air systems, these give us a sense of control. They only work if you live in a near social bubble.
The lid is off covid, it must run its course, with all of the implications. Mask-shaming is ridiculous in the larger picture.

You’re right that we are not stopping this. Wrong that we cannot. You only need to look a few posts above yours to see why.

#16965 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

It has been for 140k+ people in the US alone. Show some respect.

#17153 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We have a new number. The Govt. has raised the 140,000 number of people who will die up 220,000 dead by November 1.
And a change of narrative:
" Trump warns U.S. coronavirus outbreak will probably ‘get worse before it gets better".
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/21/trump-warns-us-coronavirus-outbreak-will-probably-get-worse-before-it-gets-better.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail
" Trump said Tuesday that state leaders across the U.S. are working “very, very hard,” adding the state of Florida “is in a big tough position."
The above statement qualifies for the "No Shit" award. Sorry Florida.
" He reiterated his claim that the virus would “disappear,” something public health officials and infectious disease experts dispute. Experts, including at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, have warned cases and deaths could rise this fall.
“The virus will disappear. It will disappear,” Trump said."
===================================================================
" Dr. Anthony Fauci warns the coronavirus won’t ever be eradicated."
" U.S. health officials do not see “an end in sight” to the pandemic. "
" Fauci’s comments are at odds with President Donald Trump, who reiterated his claim Tuesday evening that the virus would disappear. The president’s remark comes amid warnings from experts, including at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that Covid-19 cases and deaths could rise this fall."
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/22/dr-anthony-fauci-warns-the-coronavirus-wont-ever-be-totally-eradicated.html

And then one day, poof! Like a miracle the Earth will disappear. Engulfed by the Sun. It will disappear. It will disappear though. I’m very right about that.

#17265 3 years ago

Maybe you should keep scrolling.

#17337 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are being lied to. There are a bunch more articles just like that one backing up what she is saying.

BA436EAB-4943-447C-8B2B-2C222DD51028.gifBA436EAB-4943-447C-8B2B-2C222DD51028.gif
#17349 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

When did our society go from science will take us to the moon to science is bs? My father was an officer on the Missouri in WW2. Went into the guided missile industry after. Our country was pro science. My only thought can be talk radio bs. These people have to take an extreme position to have an audience. Unless they become delusional doing it, I don't think they believe what their saying alot of the time. Science and conservatism were one and the same when I grew up.

People want to believe they know something others don’t. There’s always some conspiracy that only they and a select minority are aware of. Makes them feel more important in an otherwise mundane life.

Short answer though is social media.

#17426 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Putting aside politics, what exactly is it about Americans that makes us so unconcerned about others? Are we just assholes? As has already been pointed out in this thread, people in many other cultures wear a mask without hesitation to protect their fellow citizens if they are feeling under the weather. Americans, on the other hand, regularly go to work with fevers and no mask.

You can’t truly answer this with putting politics aside.

#17605 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

1.3 million people marched in Germany to be free from oppressive covid restrictions. Looks like the MSM isn't really covering this story, as expected, since it doesn't follow the approved narrative.
They all will probably be written off as neo-nazis.

Have a source for the 1.3 million figure?

#17690 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

But are they sick? Or just tested positive?
LA shutting off water and power to people gathering in their homes in numbers not acceptable to..who? Who determined this number? Does it include everyone?
New York setting up roadblocks, papers please? Do the Regulations include everyone?
Unless you enjoy these sort of limitations on your God-given rights, move somewhere these restrictions are not in place.
Jennifer Aniston took a 5 million loss on real estate to get out as quick as possible. Joe Rogan moving from LA to Texas, you think these examples are singular, or becoming the norm?
Nobody can cut off my water or power, you can move and say the same thing. It's going to get worse Folks, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Still waiting on that source regarding 1.3 million protesters in Germany.

1 week later
#17900 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wear your mask, stay away from people and there is a 99% chance that you will be fine. You cant believe those numbers either im telling you.

There’s a 99% chance you shouldn’t listen to who-dey. I’m telling you.

1 week later
#18037 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I fondly / fuzzily remember driving over the border to get booze once a month or so because of the difference in drinking age. No hassle at Canadian border (they either just waved us through or stopped us to briefly ask how our day was going) and only had to show our MI drivers licenses on the way back into the states.
It was a simpler time.

Oh yeah. Windsor baby!

1 week later
#18206 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Even if Prez. told you it was safe to take?

pasted_image.gifpasted_image.gif
2 weeks later
#18556 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Awwww that’s the best y’all can do? Bring on the heat. I’ll make some s’mores with it.

Admitting you made a mistake and were wrong is hard.

#18581 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sadly, a lot of people have no idea that their news source is biased. Here's a great chart that shows the bias of some of the most popular online news sources ...
[quoted image]

And where does The Onion fall on this spectrum, because frankly as of late it reads like most on the right side. Or maybe that’s vice-versa.

#18624 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I didn’t say I was proud of it. I’m not going to delete it either. You cannot post numbers and expect people to understand. It’s mainly about treating people with respect. You throw science in faces of normal people... it will not go well. If you care so much why not send a PM to that person? Not me! I barely have anytime to spare to even type this. The witch hunt is real!
All this gives me a good idea though. I’ll see if the data expert I know will write something for me. I’m going to be late for work. Stay safe y’all!

Science is, or at least was, a core curriculum throughout school where I’m from. I think throwing lies and BS propaganda in “normal” people’s faces is the real problem.

Some prefer to be willfully ignorant. They aren’t normal, but a few more years at this trajectory they may be the new normal.

#18626 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

All valid points.
I also believe as more and more false flags, etc come to light people across the globe grow less trusting of those appointed to "rule".

Sheesh, so many false flags being brought to light lately. These false flaggers must really suck at false flagging.

With the money to be made exposing these false flags, it’s a wonder one would continue to falsify flags and not get in on the exposing.

#18649 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Not picking sides here, but if you think science is unbiased, you’re incredible naive. Almost every study or research project has to be cleared for funding, be it private, govt grants, or another source. Lots of studies get squashed because people sitting on boards and committees are afraid the results may be problematic, either for political, social, or economic reasons. And then don’t forget how often “science” gets it wrong because of either experimenter bias or malfeasance, poor statistical design, or erroneous conclusions and hypothesizing. It’s good to question anything that becomes blindly accepted
That said, this is serious and, while I don’t think our entire society should come to a screeching halt, I wish people would just shut up and wear masks. It’s not that burdensome.

Real science and blind acceptance go together like Cheerios and ketchup.

1 week later
#18889 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Have you watched the video? People in the position of authority are responsible to de-escalate situations. Plus the taser charge went through the metal bleachers and was felt by other children there. Was that truly necessary?

Yep.

#19084 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Dicknose indoors isn’t excusable, it’s the same as not wearing a mask.
I don’t know the context on o-din’s Biden pic, if he was outside and socially distanced then it’s fine. If not, then not cool. And especially not cool if it’s a regular habit vs a one-off. I’m assuming Joe’s not dick-nosing indoors on the regular or we’d have heard about it.

He’s obviously outside. Unless he’s in a room with 1,000 watt bulbs and patio chairs.

#19144 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess another question is out of all the people in the president's circle exposed and testing positive, who and how many actually get sick? Seems most of them look pretty healthy to start with. If a guy as old as the prez and with his waistline can beat this in a few short days with the stress he was under, that says a lot right there.

Right, because the president who is tested daily and detected he had covid as early as possible to begin treatment, injected with experimental drugs, had a fleet of dedicated doctors at his disposal, and now returning “home” which just so happens to have a full on medical facility plus whatever additions they’ve made over the past few days, is really a case study for every regular joe in this country. Yep, really says a lot.

1 week later
#19408 3 years ago

Has the miracle happened yet? Is it gone?

Are we going to sacrifice 2 million old folk so I can get back to the bars? If so can we get it done before Cedar Point reopens next Spring?

#19490 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

7 months in. I work construction. Theres an electrician on my job takes pictures of guys without masks. Tries to get them fired or suspended. Ironically, he gets covid and kicked off the job. Love it. I see a lot of people expecting to people to wear masks. I say wear it if you want . and leave me alone if my lack of a mask kills your grandma, too bad

What a weird way of taking out your frustrations that cat calling is no longer an accepted thing. At least you have The Matrix 4 to look forward to.

5 months later
#22190 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fine I’ll tell you my olestra story.
I worked at a suburban DC newspaper when olestra came out.
Someone was doing a feature story on it. The lays people were kind enough to send us a bunch.
Now I didn’t mean to do it, but as they say , once you pop you just can’t stop. Over the course of two days I probably ate a whole tube of Pringle’s.
Long story short on the morning of day three I felt a little stirring in my gut. Nothing alarming. But by the time I made it to the bathroom I’d already shat myself. And it was the foulest smell I had ever (or hopefully will ever) produce!! And that was the end of my dalliance with fat free Pringle’s.
Hey, you guys started it and wouldn’t drop it so I had no choice!!!

Takes a real man to admit that. My shat’s off to ya.

1 month later
#22751 2 years ago

Was fully vaxxed weeks ago. Wish me luck!

3 months later
#25650 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

If you slip mowing and cut off your toe and go to the ER they want to know if you’re vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated you end up as a count in the unvaccinated list as if a shot would’ve kept you from having an accident while mowing.

If that was happening it would completely skew the figures to show more vaccinated people being hospitalized vs unvaccinated.

#25862 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Another radio host who was anti-covid vaccine dies.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/media/bob-enyart-death-covid/index.html
Looks like this is #4 of the radio hosts dying.
" "It comes with an extremely heavy heart that my close friend and co-host of Real Science Radio has lost his battle with Covid," said co-host Fred Williams on Facebook."
Real Science Radio ?? You could have fooled me.
"In October, Enyart won a lawsuit against the state of Colorado over its Covid-19 restrictions, CNN has reported."
If this keep up, Howard Stern might be the only radio host still on the air.

Bet no one laughed at him at a Rite Aid though.

#25890 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

Pure ignorance and division driven by external influences is what I read, plain and simple.

Sums up yours and sevenrites' posts perfectly.

1 week later
#25977 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Meaningless? That is rather cold. I've been training for NYC Marathon for months and am coming off a torn ligament in my hip to do it. I'm running with a fundraiser and have raised lots of money. I'm running on behalf of mom who died when I was young.
If you ask me...anyone who thinks a marathon is meaningless is just a meaningless person.
Marathon and meaningless are two words that don't belong in the same sentence. 0.5% of the world's population has run a marathon. That's an exclusive percentage I belong too.
Meaningless? Seriously?? Have you ever done anything hard in your life? I'm guessing that is a hard no.
As for NYC, they just sent an email today. The transportation to the start line, must wear a mask. Corrals? Mask. When near the start line, the mask comes off. They are doing mini-waves to help spread the people out. When in the finishing area, they are handing masks out for the runners to wear. They also cut the amount of runners from 52,000 down to 33,000.
Note: No race is meaningless. Even 5K's can mean the world to people who run/walk them.
On the sweep buses at Disney, they have tissues for the people who get swept. Many people cry when they failed at it...because it is meaningful.
My last marathon, at mile 24, I had runners asking me if I wanted a medic. I told them no, cause if a medic came up to me, they would've pulled me off the course. There was no way in hell I would let that happen.

Right. No one cares you’re a runner. I’m a scratch golfer because I was taught by my grandpa. No one cares I can shoot even par, just like no one cares you can run 26 miles. Mask up where needed or do 100 laps around the block instead.

#25983 2 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Like I said earlier, after you leave the corral and the racers get spaced apart, what's the need for a mask? To meet someone's "rules".
Ditching the masks after the start of the race, and then putting them on at the end; that should be completely sufficient and should be completely safe.
Unlike the funeral I went to today for my uncle (died of old age, not covid). I was just about the only person there wearing a mask.

I don’t disagree about your take on needing (or not needing a mask). Rather, the “someone’s rules” in this case isn’t just someone, but the event organizer. Follow their rules (right or wrong) or don’t participate.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. My mom passed last month and it made me think more of the conundrum of funerals during these times. Small small space, a ton of people congregating hugging it out, blowing noses etc, and not many masks. But in that situation what else are you gonna do…

1 week later
#26117 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Probably because we live in such a devisive world where people put down others which results in them further entenching thier position based on what they then perceive as principal.
/ˈhɪlbɪli/
(plural hillbillies)
(North American English)
​[countable] (offensive) a person who lives in the country and is thought to be stupid by people who live in the towns

Ah yes. Blame it on the mean townies.

#26135 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Whats not to get?
They ran the race. No one got sick.
All you sky is falling type were 100% wrong. Why can't you admit it? Are you that infallible that you can never be wrong?
You can't lock down forever. The virus will never ever leave us. I posted articles showing ANIMALS catching it. Are you going to go out in the wild and start to put masks on all the lions and tigers and bears...oh my. It is constantly mutating. What don't you understand?
You people need to grow up.
The current Delta wave is on the downside. Down 75% in Florida. But according to people on here, it would only go down if masks were mandated. Were masks mandated? Nope. Did it go down? Yep.
Lastly, learn how to read. 2,441 Americans did not die yesterday. Sometimes it takes months, weeks, and days to confirm a covid death. Stop with this yesterday nonsense. The reporting on the deaths have a lag. And it isn't died due to covid, it's died WITH covid. There is a pretty big significance with that difference. An overwhelming majority of deaths are WITH covid, not due to covid. That shows there's a pretty big percentage of the population in this country that needs to be vaccinated, due to other underlying health issues. That's a completely separate argument. I've been to several pinball shows...this community definitely has underlying health issues.
Please describe this cavalier attitude...Do we have vaccines readily available for everyone? Yes or no?
If the answer is yes, time to go back to living life. That's why we have the vaccine. So we can live a normal life. Oh I get it, you want to protect the people who don't want you protecting them. How noble of you to want to control them.
I don't need idiots telling me I need protection from the unvaccinated. My Moderna Vaccine gives me protection from the unvaccinated. Honestly, why is so that incredibly difficult for so many people on here to understand that?
But I get it, I'm always wrong because I look at things like data and facts. Such an inconvenience to look at things like that.

True or false. Every person in the US is eligible to get the vaccine.

#26143 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

12 year olds are not allowed to run marathons.
Is that where you’re going with this?
Here’s some more data you don’t want to see or acknowledge: https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

Did I mention anything about a marathon?

What would I not acknowledge about your link? That in only a two week time frame cases in kids under 18 increased 8% on the cumulative total since the beginning of the pandemic? That’s pretty staggering frankly.

That currently kids 18 and under make up a greater % share for positive cases than what they represent as a total of the population? It’s almost like a subset of this group doesn’t have access to the vaccine or something.

Some states are reporting 1 in 50 of these cases requiring hospitalization and your link also acknowledges urgency in needing to understand the long term effects in kids. Present mortality rate is not the only thing at play here.

Just own that only being concerned about yourself and being able to continue your hobbies completely unhindered during a pandemic is a shitty take.

#26236 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You do realize the flu is more deadly to children than covid is?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

You do realize your link does nothing to support your statement? Rather, it weakens it like most of the links you spit out. Thanks for confirming Covid spreads more easily than the flu though.

You do realize flu vaccines are available for children? You do realize there was 1 official child death attributed to the flu for the 2020 - 2021 season? Almost like masks work or something.

You do realize we are almost two years into this and you’re still spewing out false dichotomy flu nonsense? Let’s play the best of track and get into car crash and cancer statistics too!

#26312 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am not going to get into an argument here. But one thing I don't understand, is do you guys take other areas of your health as serious as you take covid protection?
I sure see a lot of people in my area that fear Covid (vaccinated), that smoke, drink, eat shit and do no exercise. I am not saying this is either or situation. Just making a point.
Imagine if everyone took their health in all areas of life as they treat Covid.
It would certainly be interesting to see what the world would look like.

Wow, you can replace “Covid” with “antivax” and it works the same.

#26371 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was told that we can’t look at any data, besides today’s numbers….remember that crazylevi?
Michigan 8,600 cases yesterday.
Florida 2,500 cases yesterday.
Let’s not forget, Michigan had some of the strictest restrictions in the country AND had a mask mandate.

Does Michigan have a mask mandate today? Or did it end almost four months ago?

Hey, around what date was Michigan’s last trough in cases? Around four months ago?

Also hey, can 11 year olds get the vaccine yet?

#26372 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Interesting article on mask effectiveness from the University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Diseases:
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/10/commentary-what-can-masks-do-part-1-science-behind-covid-19-protection

So if both people are wearing a surgical “blue” mask, the time to infectious dose from an infected person is increased by 300% vs no masks. Am I reading that right?

3 weeks later
#26675 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

“Vaccinated people do not carry the virus – they don’t get sick,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Tuesday. That’s “not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real world data.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/cdc-data-suggests-vaccinated-don-t-carry-can-t-spread-virus/ar-BB1f8ofp

And a day or two later...

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/546234-cdc-reverses-statement-by-director-that-vaccinated-people-are-no

Your link even elaborates those comments were referring to data that "Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 80 percent and that figure jumped to 90 percent after receiving the second dose. Without infection, people are unable to spread the virus. The results are similar to what scientists saw in clinical trials for the vaccines which found that two doses of either two-dose vaccine had an efficacy rate of around 95 percent."

#26680 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

mortality rate (25% vs .06%). If covid were as deadly as Ebola, sure I could see the big rush to get the experimental vax but we're talking about the cold for most people. Wanna reread that?

You're going to need a source for that 0.06% mortality rate. And transmission rate is not an important factor in this because....? Covid is more deadly than Ebola today.

#26682 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Tell that to the millions being laid off over vaccine mandates.

Source please.

#26690 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Build what into a sandwich???
You guys constantly misquote me.
Remember when I said it’s important for kids to get sick, because it builds their immune system and this is why babies put things in their mouth?
And you accused me of wanting children to get covid.
Keep accusing me all you want. But you should, I dunno, maybe click the links I post. You’ll learn something.
Such a shame the resident doctor on the thread doesn’t put out a quick “hey, what he’s posting is 100% correct.”……but we can’t deviate from the narrative.

I have learned from your links! I learned that only one kid officially died from the flu last season. That taught me that masks and mandates are effective and Covid has been more deadlier to kids vs the flu during the pandemic.

I learned we surpassed the 2020 Covid death total in 2021 a month or so ago. Definitely indicating this thing is not over and masking precautions still make sense.

I learned children under the age of 12 had a higher % of positive cases vs their % of total population recently. Since up until this week a subset of this population could not be vaccinated it obviously makes sense to continue to mask up and not act like the pandemic is over.

I also learned that Michigan started experiencing a spike in cases last Spring right after they lifted their mask mandates. Your very own links really reinforced that masks are beneficial and we aren’t ready to return to normal quite yet until everyone has the chance to get vaxxed.

#26721 2 years ago

Obviously the way the elite stay the elite is by wiping out half the workforce that made them the elite in the first place.

Seriously though, it’s sad to see people manipulated in such a way. As if they’re manipulators aren’t making money off of them. If anything will be the end of us, this type of shit has a much greater chance than anything else at this point.

#26829 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I was referring to Pfizer paying 2.3 billion for fraud. It seems as though we are constantly bombarded with false trials or misleading data. By many pharma companies. I'm not singling Pfizer out, it was just the largest to date.
Like Mulder, from the X-Files we want to believe (that companies are always honest).

Healthy skepticism can be a good thing. Taking it too far to that side of the spectrum though…we want to believe (that companies are always dishonest).

#26916 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So no one wants to admit what the daily cases are……interesting.
Why would any pro-lockdown, pro-mask everything person want to admit that daily cases have crumbled from 180,000 down to 23,000 without lockdowns or mask mandates?

23,000? What’s the current 7 day average?

Who is pro-lockdown now? Can you provide a quote from anyone?

Also, what happened to the flu again last season? For some reason it was drastically different than prior years. There must have been something different going on…

#26930 2 years ago
Quoted from Julius:

Something to ponder.
5,085,000 world wide covid deaths as of today.
(divided by…)
7,900,000,000 world population
=
0.00064 % of the worlds population have died from it.
That’s a pandemic? I don’t agree.

You're off by a factor of 100.

I’d also like to point out the amount of up votes on a post with wrong and misleading data is such a microcosm of the many social media problems we face today. Not just social media I guess.

#26938 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

What is the misleading data? Is it the actual numbers, or the factor of 100?
So the actual percentage is 0.064%?

The percentage. 1 in roughly 1,540 people have officially died world wide. Not 1 in 154,000 people.

#26955 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's not a straw man question.
Do we have therapeutics? Do we have vaccines? Therefore, is it just going to be living in fear forever?
73,000 x 365 = 26,645,000
Average flu cases: 25 - 50 million per year.
What number is low community spread? Or is the answer always going to be "it isn't low enough"?
As i've said before, any high risk individual that hasn't been vaccinated by now, shame on them.

What about the flu guys?!

Don’t even mention that at current death rates these same calc’s would put Covid at 10x the amount of deaths vs the flu annually. It’s a dumb compare to begin with though so don’t worry about it.

1 week later
#27127 2 years ago

Linking proof to a bunch of super spreader events to argue in favor of large gatherings is a bold strat.

#27184 2 years ago

Arguing a hypothetical inevitable effect (never getting to zero deaths) that would really be due to the cause of 40% of the population refusing to do their part…is dumb.

“We’re never getting to zero deaths because I won’t get vaxxed, so what’s the point of me getting vaxxed?”

#27197 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What are you arguing now???
All health decisions should be made with input from an individual and their doctor.
And yet again....you fail to quote the rest of what I said.
You're allowed to think he's stupid for thinking that. Isn't it equally stupid to think you know more than him and his doctor?
I am 100% behind these vaccines and getting vaccinated, but smart enough to know that it comes down to an individual and their doctor to make that decision.

Dr. Joe Rogan P.O.S.

#27220 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And what does that have to do with an individual and their doctor making healthcare decisions?
Absolutely nothing.

To the antivax crowd here name dropping him and providing links to Reddit (ffs), apparently way more than actually consulting with their doctor.

Your argument is the majority of antivax folks came to that conclusion after careful consultation and consideration with their doctor?

#27248 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My argument is everyone should talk to their doctor, then decide if they should or shouldn’t get the shot.
One of my friends can’t get vaccinated yet. His doctor advises against it, because of health risk. My friend doesn’t need people like DaveH telling him how awful of a human he is due to his own medical condition.

And what does that have to do with who DaveH was addressing? Absolutely nothing.

#27305 2 years ago
Quoted from ZombieKing:

Is simple. Like every decision in life, there is a weighing of risks and benefits. The risk to me from CV-19 is incredibly low. The risk to me (short-term, mid-term and long-term) from the vaccine is unknown. That is an easy and rational decision.
To paraphrase you, on a serious note, when there is no reliable data out there anywhere on the medium and long-term effects from these pre-infection treatment protocols, I can’t believe anyone without any of the underlying pre-existing health problems think it is better to assume these unknown risks for a very slight benefit. But then again, I am not lobbying to ban vaccinated people from society either.
I did have to laugh at your reference to “reliable sources”. You might want to reconsider where you get your news from.

So do you want to do a show of hands of those that have lost loved ones to Covid vs the vaccine?

Has the vaccine killed roughly 1 in every 450 Americans? No?

You’re right, it seems so simple yet so many can’t critically think for themselves. SAD!

#27354 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:Science can be wrong or tainted. Remember when the sugar industry paid off science to ensure sugar wasn't to blame for causing cancer and disease?
I have never really understood people who blindly believe science when they don't know where funding comes from, never read a scientific paper, can't name a single scientist, etc.
The problem with covid is there are two types of people: those who care way too much about others and those who only care about themselves.

Yeah sorry. Your whataboutisms be damned, I’ll side with the side of real science. The stuff that has an actual track record of improving our quality of life to levels thought unimaginable merely a century ago.

Let’s talk about getting paid though, and why the talking heads push a certain narrative trying to stay in their audiences good graces and keep the gravy train rolling. $$$$$

#27373 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Heart issues in men would like to have a word with you.
Guillain-Barre syndrome too.

I think your quote is messed up. The main portion of what you quoted was not from me.

#27374 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

In all fairness I did say the majority of long haulers, not all. There are exceptions to every rule. They may be otherwise healthy but do they smoke cigarettes or pot, do they vape? Those habits would have compromised their lungs in the first place and given them a more severe case to recover from.

Talking in generalities and making up hypotheticals to support your narrative.

I mean they may have had a ham sandwich the Thursday before catching the covid. That influx of nitrates certainly could be contributing to their long hauler problems. Maybe they attended a bonfire or badly burnt a grilled cheese prior to. Could be anything really.

Luckily every anti-vaxxer is vegan, works out six days a week, don't smoke or drink, isn't old, and doesn't have any family members over the age of 70 to worry about either. They also know that true news comes from Reddit, social media, and millionaire podcasters and political pundits that don't have any motivation at all to continue to say only the things their listeners want to hear even if they don't believe it themselves. They know it's a personal choice and nothing else. We're not in this together. It's every man, woman, child and old fart for themselves.

#27381 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Personally over the last 3 or 4 months, I know 13 people who have gotten covid after being fully vaccinated to the point that they needed medical attention. My aunt and uncle are both in the hospital now, and are not doing well, and have had both the Pfizer vaccinations and booster. They are older, and she had underlying conditions, but he does not.
I am sure there are more that are unvaccinated that have gotten it too, but I am just going based on people I know. I know of 2 who are are unvaccinated in my circle who got covid and have since recovered.
Not huge numbers, but just found it interesting.

I hope they both recover.

My grandparents, in their 70’s, both had it a few weeks ago and were able to recover at home. They are vaccinated.

My grandpa’s younger brother, in his 60’s, caught it a year ago while in Florida for Winter and didn’t make it. No underlying health conditions besides the natural aging process. Obviously he was not vaccinated since it was not available then.

#27399 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

This is just ridiculous. I made a point saying that smoking would put you in a higher risk category and possibly make your recovery time longer and more difficult. How is that hypothetical? Making a mockery of it with your crazy analogies is pretty much you saying that smoking doesn’t have a negative impact on your health. I can’t believe ten people actually upvoted that post. Actually in this thread I do believe it.

You made no point. You were told (by an actual doctor with real experiences with these people no less) that plenty of people not considered to be in the high risk group can still have long hauler issues. To disregard this, you made up a hypothetical that these "healthy" individuals could actually be smokers etc. when you have no knowledgeable standing to make such assumptions. Why would one even be considered not in the high risk group if they were smokers to begin with?

As I demonstrated, in the same vein, one can make up whatever the hell they want too to try to explain away anything they don't want to hear. It's weak and holds no weight however. Hey, maybe they have cancer and they just haven't found it yet! That analogy isn't crazy, but it's still bullshit because the whole premise of your argument is flawed to begin with no matter what analogy is used.

This falls under the same category as "hey, I'm just asking questions" and "well, you can't prove that it's 100% not possible". "Well maybe they smoked a joint two years ago. You don't know they are not high risk for sure."

Or maybe, just maybe, the virus ran roughshod on a healthy person's lungs and you don't need to be considered high risk to have continued complications.

#27448 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Hard to imagine Pfizer wanted to keep these documents out of the public eye for 50 years..
"1,223 in total, carried a fatal outcome."
https://phmpt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/5.3.6-postmarketing-experience.pdf
You cannot tell me these are safe or effective any longer.
Thank god the freedom of information act still exists.
A lot more than 3 Swampfire.

Those results cannot be properly interpreted without knowing how many people had been vaccinated at that point, and which groups of people the deaths fell into. From what I can find, it looks like the median age of death is quite high (80 years old), with many having a past history of cardiovascular disease, and some already being in hospice or having Covid.

Even counting all of that, the equivalent death rate (that as shown isn't necessarily from the vaccine itself) is roughly 1 in 50,000 (0.002%).

Counting the ENTIRE US population, Covid has killed roughly 1 in 400 people.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.10.21260304v1.full-text
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#27449 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wow, everyone is so hostile. With that said, here's your fucking screenshot.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I got sick of cutting and pasting at that point.

Did you also get sick of glossing over the stated conclusion at the end of each of those sections?

#27469 2 years ago

My friends dad, who is not vaccinated, has been in the hospital this past week with Covid. He had been on the highest level of oxygen before you go on a vent and I just got word he was moved to ICU last night. Doesn’t sound good. He’s in his early 60’s and has no other risk factors I’m aware of.

#27471 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Nope. Not at all. I'm just not a fan of any organization that has a vested interest in something saying "We've audited ourselves and found ourselves to be in compliance".

So you cherry pick certain parts of data provided by said organization instead. Without proper context provided to it.

In phase 3 trials, the placebo group had a higher death case total than the vaccine group. These deaths are not specifically from the vaccine, and the denominator applied to them is probably upwards of 50M to 100M people. Do I need to shoot a screenshot of deaths in the US from any single day this week?

#27495 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I find it funny you always attack the messenger never the message. When you resort to nothing but ad hominem attacks it's quite clear you're not worth the time to have a rational discussion.
The numbers are there people have been injured and some have died in the 1000's from the vaccine but please keep pretending it's all roses.
I am speaking from personal experience as well. I know 2 people injured by the vaccine one that will never be the same due to a blood clot on the brain two days after shot 3. But please keep thinking you hold some intellectual superiority over someone because they don't want to participate in the medical experiment with you.

The vaccine has not been proven to have killed 1,000+ people. But please by all means don’t address any of the posts here that refute this and keep running with that lie.

I personally know zero people injured by the vaccine. By that (yours) standard, not a single person has had an issue then.

1 week later
#27631 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was told it would be a super spreader event.
Still waiting for the “adults” to admit they were wrong.

Who said it would be a super spreader event? Can you provide a quote? Still waiting for you to provide a quote of someone being pro lockdown over the past month as well. You have a real knack for arguing points you make up out of thin air.

How’s that case count take you had a month ago holding up btw?

#27741 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'd have to be batshit crazy to willingly live somewhere that wants to fine people $1,000 for not wearing a mask amirite?

Almost as crazy as living somewhere that fines private businesses $5,000 for requiring proof of vaccination. Very free market amirite?

#27757 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And I have to say, the worst part of that is shopping for vegetables. Opening those bags without licking the tip of your finger is nearly impossible.

If there is a single indisputable real news fact in this thread….it is this. I try to remember to grab a sanitizer wipe to get a little moisture on the fingers. Definitely helps!

#27817 2 years ago

Going to be really interesting to see what happens to case counts after the holidays.

1 week later
#27980 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So no one wants to admit what the daily cases are……interesting.
Why would any pro-lockdown, pro-mask everything person want to admit that daily cases have crumbled from 180,000 down to 23,000 without lockdowns or mask mandates?

This aged like a fine milk.

#28004 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And what about my post where I predicted that the cases would go UP in the winter, due to people going indoors? Let's just go ahead and ignore that post.
I'm looking at places like NYC, where according to people here, we all need to mask up...They went a step further...NYC has mask mandates AND vaccine passports...yet, their cases are spiking to all-time highs.
I was told by the experts on here that this could never happen with these kind of restrictions...
Me? I've been consistent. The virus will do what it does. Masks, vaccine passports, lockdowns are ineffective against it. Like every other previous pandemic, they have all ended the exact same way...with enough built up immunity.
Yet, I'm the science denier...

How do you explain the huge drop in influenza last year?

#28212 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

But I was told here that masks would stop the spread…..
Too bad someone on here didn’t post factual information from the FDA regarding masks, which ones worked and which ones didn’t……….oh wait……I did that.

Why do you continually reference links with commentary that has nothing to do with said link? What you’re referencing is suggesting two people wearing basic surgical masks increases average transmission time by 300% vs no masks.

#28244 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm in day 5 snice my symptoms first began and my Covid has escalated. My doctor was concerned enough that yesterday he arranged for me to go to the hospital for Monoclonal Antibody Therapy. I drove myself.
They gave me 4 injections of whatever and held me there for a 60 minute observation. One injection into each arm and two injections into my abdomen.
I say whatever because I'm so sick I didn't care if they injected me with horse manure.
* I'm a bit of a control freak in my life and this makes me feel uncomfortable to give in like this. But things are moving pretty quickly.
I've lost all taste and smell and last night I was awakened at 2:30 AM as my tongue felt like it was on fire. Not painful enough to call a doctor but painful enough to prevent sleeping. It's now subsided but I've not read anything before about tongue pain which I found to be strange.
I'm fortunate to have a steambath in my home and it seems to give me breathing relief. Opens up my bronchial tubes and loosens those lung biscuits for ejection.
This probably all sound dramatic and is. But despite my heightened misery I feel pretty stable and I don't believe I'm going to get any worse. I just gotta ride it out.

Damn dude. Get well soon and don’t hesitate to go back if things get worse.

2 weeks later
#28677 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Floridas law bans private employers from from requiring vaccinations.
Supreme Court said Bidens mandate forcing private companies with 100 persons to vaccinate or test is unlawful.
They are not the same but similar. Floridas law is clearly constitutional and would be upheld by the Supreme Court because they voted to protect freedom of Americans to choose their medical treatment. (By pushing aside the idea that OASHA can force vaccinations)
Florida was quick to protect rights that the court just backed.
What’s not clear to me is the court allowed certain government agencies to require vaccinations. This is contrary to Floridas law. Interesting to hear from a lawyer what this means for government employees in Florida but my guess is there will be more lawsuits.
And the irony of all of this is by the time this all gets litigated the pandemic will be over.

And what about the business owner’s rights? What about their freedoms?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=pinballnewb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.