272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

323 posts in this topic match your search for posts by phil-lee. You are on page 1 of 2.
#930 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I haven't seen any masks here locally that can be sanitized with a liquid and reused.
I have been using the same N-95 mask for a week because it's all I have. My brother in law is sending me a box of 9 masks that he has from a construction site. I am going to take one and give the other 8 to the local ER guys.

One person from a defunct Thread suggested microwaving used masks to kill virus. I believe it was cdnbacon?
There would be one important item removed before sticking it in a junk microwave (not for food).
Unfortunately this metal nosepiece cannot be removed/re-attached easily. So just chunk it in for 7 seconds at a time, you may see sparks.
Is this Scientific? Do I recommend it? Have there been any tests to prove it works?
No.

#935 4 years ago

IMO I see masks becoming a normal accessory in the US if this virus doesn't abate.

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I wonder if a UV light would work?

Excellent! Real Duh moment on my part. A good UV, not a piece of cheese. Yeah, you are on to something.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Why wait? I started wearing one today when I had to go out. Ordered a pack of 20 off eBay also. I'll have enough to wear one a day at work now.

A proper mask and gloves offer freedom and a fighting chance. So far I haven't had to but must go for supplies early Monday,
will have PPE on. America is vain when it comes to this sort of thing but like I say, if this mess isn't solved soon it would allow
people to go out with a small sense of assurance.
That will be worth it.

#969 4 years ago

My Daughter received her "Essential Employee" Letter today which will get her through the roadblocks.
We used to watch War Movies and always responded when the Nazi Guard demanded "Papers!".
I understand why they are doing it, this is just the first time it has been so in your face. I guess License Checks
are really the same thing. There will be many that are soon faked so people can continue to drive around.

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think your a little confused....its simple math....u can sell your house in Cal for 3-5X what it would cost in Utah, AZ, NV....therefore u cash out, and retire in places like Utah, NV, and AZ.....personally I'm on the same program, but it will be Idaho (Jackson) in the summer, and AZ in the winter....

It's weird that there is always a Buyer. Someone buying an overpriced home in an overpriced location when they could be doing what
You are doing.

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, the last few days is the closest it has come to the California I remember from my childhood.
So many idiots have moved here from wherever and whatever, and now there has been barely a peep or any of them in sight.

They are waiting, and watching...

#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

In what state do they have roadblocks?

No roadblocks (yet) in NC, hyperbole. But the papers will be needed if stopped and questioned why you are out and where you are going.
I would think click it or ticket type stops.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The truth is this started in China

I believe it started in NK, but thats just me. Kim announced a "Christmas present". Wonder what their situation is,
number of cases, no cases? Like Jed Clampett said, "Theres more than one Fox in this coop with feathers on their mouth".

#1664 4 years ago

I do not want to be a broken record here and will let it go after this.
When I hear that N-95 or P-100 masks are readily available to the Public then will be assured we are making progress.
Every time a person walks out and does Business and comes back virus-free then that is one less person our brave
Medical Workers has to deal with, it works both ways.
We can get over our preconceived notions, the stigma or loss of machismo, masks and gloves offer a return to freedom
somewhat.
Have no issues with donning either if it means hugging my Granddaughter again, soon.

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone else find it strange that Russia hasn't really said anything about the caronavirus? Is it because they keep their people inside their borders and no one travels there?

A lot of Capital is utilized trying to figure out what Russia is doing.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Just a thought. How bad are countries that deal with malaria getting hit with COVID-19?

Interesting concept Captain. (Spock)

#1678 4 years ago

The good news is I watched the President of Spain (or maybe his Health Director) admit that patients over 60 no longer qualify
for extensive measures and will be given pain meds to help them go onward. A logical choice and a difficult one to make.
It could be worse, in WW! and at other times in History there was no Doctor Roberts dispensing morphine.

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Israeli medical doctor Gai Peleg told Israeli television that in northern Italy the orders are not to allow those over 60 access to respiratory machines.
https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856
Welp.

Thanks Bob, that was one of the Reports I read.

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

True, but we could get this thing under wraps if we were all truly vigilant.
Do you know what scares the hell out of me? Nothing that would happen to me from this, even death.
I have a 6 year-old daughter, not 7 until July. She has pretty bad asthma. Anything happening to her, or me feeling bad for the person at the hospital that tells me I’m not allowed to be in a room with her if it came to that. There is no fucking way I would leave her alone to deal with anything from this. That is my biggest fear.

You are not alone.

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam are top travel destinations in addition to the US, South Korea and Italy. So how are the first three fairing? Those are in malaria hot spots.

No one is being honest with "The numbers". They may be taking their lead from others, but this seems to be the Trend.
I feel the accurate numbers will come out ten years from now.

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

In your initial post you said Spain.
FYI although they are both in the European Union, Spain and Italy are in FACT entirely different countries.
Still a shit situation.

Some confusion, sorry, information overload.
It was a Spanish Doctor featured in a video from Peak Prosperity.
Cannot Link at this time. The Guy cried.

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Previous generations we're asked to sacrifice their lives to win a war. The least we can do is sit on the couch to win this one.

Our collective mental health will win this one, we must stay sharp! Not sink into a party mode of too much alcohol
and stimulants.

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

But but but....I thought masks dont help?

Quoted from swampfire:

Looking ahead a bit, here’s my worry. We’ve heard very little about the long-term endgame for this war. We get a shot for seasonal flu, but the virus evolves so it’s not 100% effective. But the death rate is relatively low, so we accept that. If this CORONAvirus evolves and we get hit with an epidemic of this mutation just as they’ve worked out the vaccine for the first one, are we going to be playing cat and mouse with this for the next 5, 10, 20 years? Is it a permanent part of our lives now?

Looks like a Brave New World will emerge, where everyone is under 50, with superior immune systems and all inoculations.
I could be wrong though.

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Works when everyone wears them!
After going through this several times, they learned.
We didnt, or chose not to listen.

Actually, in a crowd of 2 one person wearing a mask protects both. Think about it in other scenarios with more Folks.

#1729 4 years ago

I'm not.

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

[quoted image]

That's beyond my pay grade. Thanks

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This year wasn't that accurate but getting the flu shot will reduce severity and symptoms in most patients even if the vaccine wasn't a great match.

What are you rattling on about? This is why people do not get the flu shot, Textbook.

#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How long can we continue to be in lockdown like this until we have a total economic collapse and go into a depression? Serious question. I gotta believe we are only weeks away.

A Depression is sustained downturn. Prophalaxis drugs will come available soon to take the Death stigma
away from this particular virus. It won't be a cure but it will help. These guys aren't going to let this go on
too long, just long enough.

#1755 4 years ago

You political people ought to get a room somewhere for a few days and wait it out.
Beating dead horses doesn't resurrect goats, or something like that.

#2219 4 years ago

Did everyone miss the Memo? This thing don't just kill the Grandparents. With this reasoning Grandparents will be the only ones alive in 6 Months.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yea I agree about the image and didn't believe it to begin with. Just like most stuff posted online. But I did look up some of them just like ForceFlow pointed out.
I find it alarming. You find it's a coincidence.
Let's meet half way and call it an alarming coincidence. Lol

Coincidence like the hundreds that didn't show up to work on 911 at the Trade Centers? Or the people shorting the Businesses affected and getting millions?

#2403 4 years ago

Many caskets used for presentation purposes in cremation are recycled. They don't burn the box, its rented.

#2456 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The sad thing about that is that the US had the most advance warning of all the countries.

That chickens done flown the coop
Seriously, if I was warning my Family January 12 then they were bound to know much earlier.

#2466 4 years ago

I have always associated ventilators with end of life events based on those incidents where one was required I knew personally. They seem to have the best results on younger people, duh. We are truly exploring the price on a American life. 30,000 ventilators? Astronomical Hospital bills, transportation, funeral Services, the list goes on.
When it ends the World is left with millions of ventilators / support equipment that must be calibrated, inspected, maintained to avoid mothballs.
The scope of this whole situation is staggering.

#2468 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the stock market is in sudden denial.

Money talks and Bullsh%t walks.

#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

A couple of those CEO's did actually resign over the last few months. Regardless its a meaningless stat. There are THOUSANDS of CEO's in the US.
McDonalds came out with changes to the Big Mac right as the virus hit...CONSPIRACY!!

Some of them, but Iger from Disney was too good to be..real.

#2492 4 years ago

People have resorted to the lowest common denominator, cash in the safe. Gold, Silver, Bitcoin, hog bellies whatever, cash is needed.
I don't mean cash in Fixed Funds I mean filthy bills stacked somewhere.
When this point arrives all bets are off. A lot of people are trying to change this equation with limited results.
A Trillion buys a couple of Market up days? "Yeah, Joe Sixpack will see its going up and buy back in!"

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So much free time I just shredded every paper that needed to be shredded. Hate when that shit piles up.
You know when go thru old files and shred, you have way too much time on your hands.
I figure I don't any more reminders of 2008 hanging around.

Ex CIA? Some other nefarious Agency Retiree?

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Man...this thread is a SHIT SHOW.

Sometimes its serious, sometimes not. A Recovery Thread of sorts. Really a blessing to spout off right now.

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I just hope that some kind of effective treatment is discovered. Now in the US, people are dying at a clip of 100+ per day. How many more have to die each day for people to comply with the lockdowns put in place? More than 300? I know most are complying but I have seen first hand with my own eyes TODAY, that a large percentage of people are carrying on like an emergency is not here. Shame on you.
I please ask that people do what they can to help not be a part of the problem. It’s just as important as directly saving someone’s life. Please don’t leave blood on your hands, not complying with orders because of American pride. Please do these things even if you don’t want to and don’t think it’s making a difference. Please.

I see people in my area of NC hunkered down, not leaving. We do not have a lot of "Official Cases" but our first case was a person who traveled from Italy. Word is out, I can't visit Family.
Ain't nobody moved.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Today someone I work with said she was going to see her mom this weekend because she's had medical issues and is trying to keep her isolated. I'm sitting there thinking...so why are you going to see her then? smh.

Mask and gloves she's fine.

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just a guy that has to keep track of three generations worth of dealings starting in 1922. Really don't need those cancelled checks and statements from the 20th century anymore. Or much over 7 years old.

Me and my Cousin did that one time cleaning out my Grand Daddy's trunk. It had suffered a flood one time and everything had an inch of mold on it.
In this case we struggled with what was Historic and what was sentimental, then junk.
That was the criteria we used anyway.

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Georgia’s Stonehenge! Watched a two hour special on Discovery about it. Pretty cool.

It's really not.

#2611 4 years ago

I looked at the recent Hantavirus in Hubei Province. Hanta is an obscure virus in the United States but brought misery to many in the West.

Please watch this and let me know.

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

So are the sky’s in California looking cleaner as a result of this?

Excellent question, we need to know.

#2637 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Rare earth metals and alloys that contain them are used in many devices that people use every day such as computer memory, DVDs, rechargeable batteries, cell phones, catalytic converters, magnets, fluorescent lighting and much more.

From which most rare earth raws are recycled. It's not complicated, folks know what this shit is worth and recover it when they can.

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

True, but we dont have the processes and the labor/factory to manufacture the next round.
Me last round of labor before I retired was $.35 hour Far Rural China, to $1.35 for tech assembly
Would we be willing to pay 5-10 times the price for our goods?

Americans are getting ready to pay A LOT MORE for things they need.
They finally created inflation, Yippee!

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Then why are we bothering to import 80% of what we need?

Because Manufacturers in the US would rather use freshly mined "New" Raws rather than fool with recycled material.
We will be fooling with it now, gladly.

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what am i supposed to about my dried up hands that I have from washing the shit out of them so much???? And don't say lotion either because while it helps it isnt helping enough. My hands feel like alligator skin dammit!!

An old construction workers trick; rub your hands down with Preparation H and wear a loose fitting glove. Next day healed!
The stuff used to have sharks liver oil in it, if they took it out it might not work miracles anymore.

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't blame the rats.[quoted image]

Wheres Eddie, he usually eats these damn things

#3054 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Cycle this until we get to vaccine, more effective treatment, or herd immunity.

Or gloves and N-95 masks for all US Citizens who need them. With the proper PPE we can go back to sense of normalcy by Easter. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.
Yeah, they tried to lie to us early on saying they don't work and to donate them to Pro's.
Now that lie has been discarded we can work toward everyone having these items, learning how to use them, and using them.
Instead of cussing people not at home we can cuss them for not wearing a mask and gloves.

#3063 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think someone started a thread about buying Masks and got skewered in january.

Not by me. The mis-informed who run their mouth were just parroting the talking heads saying masks don't work. This is lie is still being pushed but the body of evidence indicates they do indeed work. Those people who insisted otherwise should be called out. I get it, there was a Nationwide shortage and Medical people needed them
No reason to lie to the American people, they need to prevent this mess so the Doctors have less work to do.

#3129 4 years ago

N-95s are not needed for the average citizen and if people buy up N-95s that means there won’t be any for the healthcare workers who do need them. A simple surgical mask will do fine for the average citizen going about their day in the public.
N-95s have to be fit to the face and you have to know your size for them to be truly effective. Docs wear them when performing high risk procedures like intubations. Please don’t go out and buy N-95s. Donate them to hospitals.

Still delivering the official spiel huh? You know it would be better if everyone had access to 3m -95 masks, every case that is avoided on the street is a case that doesn't end up in the ER. I taught PPE to 120 workers at a chemical plant and it takes 30 seconds to properly don a mask.
With calls to return to normalcy as soon as possible masks and gloves are the ESSENTIAL tools to do this. People that must continue to work need masks and gloves, period.

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What about body condoms?

It is better to prevent a pregnancy, or sickness than to resort to surgery

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But a virus is very very tiny. It's not a chemical where you can mitigate harm by blocking most of it. I think the virus goes through an N95 mask as easily as a neutrino goes through our bodies.

Not according to the CDC

#3147 4 years ago

It is easier to stop and infection than to treat it.Whoever gets in front of this and demands masks be made available to the general Public will be appreciated. When production does ramp up they will then require people working in public to use them.
2 Frito Lay workers shut down an entire Plant cause of infection. I'm sure everyone involved would have appreciated masks and gloves.
Remember, 1 mask protects 2 people (or more).

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I've never smelled any of the ammonia when using them.

A half-faced or full face respirator with Organic Vapor cartridges would be best for ammonia.

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'm taking Doctors advice ("spiel,") over the fellow who taught 120 people how to put on PPE.
Not sure about you all but I am on my 15th day of volunteer isolation. I remember a Doctor recommending that back then somewhere.

Bless your heart

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You and people with your thought process will have blood on your hands.
Sleep well

The cure is prevention. Spare the hyperbole.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Hows that prevention working out?
Build you a time machine and go back a 3 weeks and spread your word of N95 need and it would make sense.
Your fuck it we should all just buy N95s and go about our life attitude will lead to additional spread and additional death. Including healthcare professionals who couldnt get proper PPE because of people like you.
Again. This is the reality of where we are at now. Prevention? Jesus you're late to the dance.

People are being asked to go out in Public, to work without protection. PPE is available to stop the spread, I've been saying this since January. I get it, there is not enough to go around, medical workers need them. So does anyone deemed essential and has to work and keep everything running.
But the lies told early on concerning masks needs to be corrected, and the Professionals pushing this false narrative need to be called on it.
You on a voluntary quarantine? Great, you prevented catching it so far. When you leave the house, don a mask and gloves. Keep right on preventing it until a vaccine or remedial drugs become available.
It is easier to prevent an infection than to try and remediate it without a cure.
It is easier to avoid a gunshot then perform surgery to correct it.

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Bless your heart

Power Plant Operators, Food service workers, Telephone and Internet providers, all of the people required to work and face the Public to keep this Nation operating are just as important as healthcare providers. We are all in this together and shouldn't be respecters of persons.

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

So the CDC is now reporting that the virus has been found on the Princess cruise ship up to 17 days. That's a pretty damn long time for the virus to be on a surface.
Also if these PPE's are so great and prevent the transmission why are healthcare workers contracting the disease and dying? Perhaps they help but they certainly doesn't seem to be fool proof.

Nothing is foolproof. We all need a fighting chance. There is no cure, ventilators are a desperate,last ditch attempt to save a life. Isn't it worth trying to prevent getting to this point?
1000 dollar checks? Why do they not force Companies to scale up production for masks? Does it have something to with ridiculous Patents or Trademarks? Send me a few boxes of 3M -95 and keep the cash.

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don't mind him. He means well, he's just afraid, like many.

No, I am not afraid. Knowledge takes the fear away. Can I speak for you on how you are feeling? Yeah

#3209 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Your knowledge is conspiratory. That's not knowledge, that's speculation. It is the product of fear.

Nothing conspiratory about it, just facts. Show me where I am wrong. Knowledge about a situation helps you make the right decision, ignorance leads to negative incidents. Everyones life is important, not a select few. Everyone has a right to protect their health, it is not a "Selfish" decision.
Looking at all the options at this point of time PPE is the best one at avoiding this virus barring complete isolation.
When masks are readily available for everyone Guidelines will be put in place for essential employees to use them, this will not be long from now.
If Power Plants shut down due to illness all of the affected Hospitals will revert to 1860. If food is not delivered starving people will become a much worse problem than any virus.
We are all important, we all deserve and need to use PPE to help return to normalcy as soon as possible until a cure comes about.

#3295 4 years ago

Where I am. From the MailboxDSC00364 (resized).JPGDSC00364 (resized).JPG

Always liked this one, from my front window beside my computer desk.DSC00799 (resized).JPGDSC00799 (resized).JPG

#3298 4 years ago

DSC00704 (resized).JPGDSC00704 (resized).JPG
#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I’d be more concerned about the children of the corn vs covid.

Lot of corn in Ohio too.
Scenes from Children of the Corn 4 (or 5 or 6) were filmed in Liberty NC, 5 miles away. They bought an old house (actually a decent house) and burnt it down for the movie. I tried to watch it and pick out identifiable scenes but never saw much of Liberty.

#4318 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Great article Levi. Should be book marked.
Just a rant on a side note. As you said many of the younger workers that are not full time make very little an hour. The $2 an hour temp raise is nice but compared to the $600 additional on top of regular unemployment benefits we got screwed. Heck even I would make better being unemployed. We have to be here mingling with the public worrying about catching this thing on a daily basis and most are making less then people laid off in the safety of there own home. Many of us older employees fall into the high risk territory. Heck one of my workers is 72. Doubt he would make it if he gets sick. Here is my daily attire for work. Glasses to help from getting it my eyes, face mask, gloves, work jacket no matter how hot it is and hat. I keep that stuff I’m my car so Less chance of bringing it in my house.
It’s getting better but it’s always the customers that Have to get right up on you to complain about being out of something.[quoted image]

Looks good man but shave that mess off, pile on the alcohol-based after shave so you get a good seal. Another Pioneer leading the way.

#4321 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I like to think that good things can come from bad, so I'm hoping this event can help accelerate the departure from gas cars which cause so much pollution and medical issues, and hopefully proper internet is made a priority for everyone so people can work from home. It's basically impossible now to deny how much damage gas cars do to the air, and there's simply no need for every single person to drive to work every day when much of what people do can be done at home with video conferencing.

I heard they are installing 5G in Schools while they are down. Not a lot of information on the process though.

#4322 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pretty funny reading this thread and the talk of getting fast food, eating in restaurants, shopping etc. I cracked up at all those exceptions to the lockdown in Dallas that someone posted - “big box retail” can open? WTF! Pointless.
Here’s what’s happening in New Zealand.
Last Weds 11.59pm - the whole country was locked down for 4 weeks.
- Every store is closed - except supermarkets, pharmacies, gas stations and a couple of others, all operated on a one out - one in basis. No burgers. No coffee shops. No Walmart type stores. Nothing. All closed. No buses or trains either.
- People shopping stand 2m apart, no direct contact with employees.
- everyone is staying at home. If you want some exercise, you can walk around the block but keep 2m away from anyone.
- government is paying employers $580 a week subsidy for each employee to cover three months work. My brother owns a furniture store with a number of staff - he filled in a form Tuesday and had $60,000 in his account Wednesday.
- pretty much everyone is doing as they have been told. Anyone who doesn’t makes the National news and gets shamed out - like just before, we had the prime minister saying “some guys went in a group to a store to buy mince pies!” Lol.
- Internet usage is running at almost full capacity
- Three days in (its Saturday here) the infected numbers only increased the same as yesterday - ie it didn’t double. 80 more cases yesterday, 80 more today. Too early to tell, but that’s positive.
- no deaths here so far. Only 2 in intensive care, both with existing conditions to complicate things.
- almost all the 450 existing cases are from people who came here from overseas. Either kiwis returning after vacation, or tourists.
- government flagged that even if our 4 week lockdown is a success, overseas travel might be out for 12-18 months.
Lots of time on our hands to fix pinball machines ...
Here’s Auckland busiest motorway yesterday:
rd[quoted image]

I appreciate this first-hand Report. Could you tell me how many people you encounter wear masks? Do people have masks? Thanks, always good to see you Post.

#4324 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Saw the press conference of your president Trump. I don't want to say he's lying, but he said they want to built 100000 ventilators, or have I misunderstood something?
Today I read an new interview here in germany with Stefan Dräger, he is the boss of "Drägerwerk". They are the biggest ventilator builting company here in germany and perhaps in the world. And he explained why it's so hard to built more of these. Mercedes and other car companies had offered help. But he don't think that they can help: „You cannot have a baby in one month by impregnating nine women“. He said in this interview that they need essential parts from the whole world to built these ventilators, even from new zealand. And he said that if there will be a fight between the countrys over the parts, it is possible that no one will get anymore ventilators. And he said that he doesn't think that it will be possible for the USA to get 100000 ventilators over the next year cause this would be almost the capacity of all manufacturer in the world together.
I don't know if he is right. Just want to let you know about the interview. That doesn't look good to me, I thought this virus could bring all countrys in the world more together to fight this, now I am starting to think it will be the opposite.
Sry, the interview is only in german language:
https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article206850889/Beatmungsgeraete-Nachfrage-uebersteigt-Produktion-bei-Weitem-sagt-Hersteller.html

The ventilators will arrive when the virus is subsiding. The main effort is good news delivered, they are being made! They are on their way! It is difficult, if not impossible for Manufacturers to respond so quickly for such a complicated item.

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Aren't masks for people who are sick and not for people who are worried about getting sick? I thought the idea of masks was to keep your germs/illness/contagion from spreading to others.
From World Health Organization:
If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
When I see people with mask I think they may be ill... idk?

Are you sick? Are you sure? Right. Nobody knows, tests are inconclusive. You must assume everyone is a carrier and act accordingly. That is my opinion only.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So today, we have a National Story of a Quarantine possible for the North East.
Maybe only 2 weeks.
So I can sleep better. Which Direction are we heading, from the top?
Are we United in Quarantining, and using methods seen in South Korea and Singapore,
or are we done, and its open season?
Zero Criticism here...Just looking for the same answer since January. It changes often,
and Im unsure.

We are gonna hack our way through it.

#4679 4 years ago

So now youtube keeps recommending this "Wes" guy who teaches how to do hard time. In California somewhere.

#4683 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Ha Ive watched a couple of that guys videos. Hes pretty intense.

you aint kidding. I guess the algorithm decided I needed to see some real hard down time.

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I would find a story about a rural area that didn't get slammed but the media usually doesn't bother with boring stuff like that. PPE is going to get used as a precaution even if they get a surge of people who think they have it but end up testing negative.

My Dentist told me one time "Fear? Of me or drilling? I have patients that need a shot of novacaine just to drive by my office"

#4789 4 years ago

Dreamed about a Therapy, would like to document it here first. Not recommending a medical procedure, just feel the idea may have
some credence.
Intubation with miniature UV Lights. If UV kills the virus on surfaces why could the light not be introduced deep into the trachea to
kill the clinging virus on the lungs?

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I’m 43, wife is 45, kid 11.
Day 1: Started with a small cough that I thought was just from allergies that usually hit me this time a year. Left for work one morning feeling fine then around 3 started to get lightheaded and dizzy after having long conversations. Rushed home and within four hours was in bed with phenomena like symptoms. Lots of growing pressure in the lungs, trouble getting enough oxygen when I breathed, fever, dizzy. Next morning my body felt like it had gone through a war, coughing up a storm and just felt really weak. Slowly improved that day. Lungs still had lots of pressure, coughing a shit load but nothing was loosening up.
Day 2-5: Over the next few days the pressure in the lungs started to dissipate and I started to feel better but still would have waves of fatigue. One day it got so bad I had to lie down after pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The fatigue waves lasted for about 3 days and my cough started to shift from dry to wet. Finally whatever was in my lungs was starting to loosen up and I was spitting out clear phlegm.
Day 6-7: Worried I was beginning to relapse. Lungs felt like sandpaper, pressure was returning slightly and the fatigue was so bad I was couch locked for the majority of it. FaceTimed with my parents one day to give them an update on how we were doing and let them chat with their grandkid and it just exhausted me from just talking.
Day 8: Energy returned but my lungs felt destroyed. Hurt to take deep breaths and when I did there was this weird additional breath noise. Luckily that progressively improved over the last week and I’m almost back to 100%.
Wife also had the fatigue and fever but luckily no lung, just GI issue. Strangely I only had hot flashes, no sustained high fever, just small spikes that only lasted a few mins.
It was the weirdest sickness I’ve ever experienced. Usually I feel it in my sinuses with a cold or sick to my stomach with a flu. This just felt like something was attacking my lungs, everything else felt fine. Right away I suspected we had COVID19 so warned everyone I had been in contact with and the family immediately went into quarantine before we were even tested. Someone tested positive in our building the week before and I use the same elevator.
Pro tip: Get a pen with a cap to travel around with. Take the cap off to push buttons and put it back on when you’re done.

This could be an exact description of what me and mine suffered back in mid-November. I will always be convinced it was around then in the US and we got it.

#4853 4 years ago

This would cause severe burns in the trachea. Remember, UV light is what causes sunburns.

Not if exposure was limited. Think micro-dosing. Many treatments introduce unpleasant side effects (Chemotherapy) but through clinical trials the proper UV exposure necessary to alleviate the virus could be determined. I don't feel it could all be eliminated.

#4862 4 years ago

I had an acquaintance at UNC- Chapel Hill Oliver Smithies, he would have been a good one to cross a new idea with, sadly he passed away a few years ago.
Trying to reach another Scientist there with this idea, worth a shot.

#4872 4 years ago

”far-UVC light cannot penetrate even the outer (non living) layers of human skin or eye; however, because bacteria and viruses are of micrometer or smaller dimensions, far-UVC can penetrate and inactivate them. We show for the frst time that far-UVC efficiently inactivates airborne aerosolized viruses, with a very low dose of 2mJ/cm2 of 222-nm light inactivating >95% of aerosolized H1N1 infuenza virus. Continuous very low dose-rate far-UVC light in indoor public locations is a promising, safe and inexpensive tool to reduce the spread of airborne mediated microbial diseases. “

From an article in Nature

This proposal does not seek to completely remediate the virus from all parts of the lungs, but could eliminate the large clusters shown in the main airway from x-rays of patients.

#4879 4 years ago

With all due respect, you don’t get it.
The article you cite is talking about inactivating viruses in the air. NOT inside the lungs. Bleach also inactivates viruses in the environment but no one is suggesting that you aerosolize bleach and have patients inhale it. You will KILL the patient.

The article I cite shows a type of UV light that kills the virus without harming skin that is effective in micro doses. I see no reason why this could not be used to alleviate clusters in the main airway in a safe manner.
Think outside the box.
Said nothing about drinking bleach, where did that straw man come from?
You said it would cause burns Solved
You said micro doses would not work Solved

#5083 4 years ago

John Prine is the best!
I've had an illegal smile on since this thing started

#5087 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

So our pier and all city area and state parks beach parking lots closed. Quite a site. All golf courses, except this one here closed. I've ridden my ebike all around San Clemente and Dana Point and this golf course is the only place I see anywhere I live like this.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice there! I watched an epic fight with a crow and a copperhead snake today, the crow won and flew off with the snake dangling. Took 20 minutes, I didn't even know they ate the things. Snake was small, maybe a foot long.

#5093 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's how this virus started?

The crow looked healthy. My Daughter bought me some Nikon binoculars, really love them at times like these.

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Taken 1 minute ago[quoted image]

Man, your Post is really depressing. Thanks, though, I think.

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The squirrels in my back yard look really healthy. Doesn't mean they aren't carrying the plague.

Yeah, well these Crows are my friends!

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I like the crows much better than the squirrels. But I think I might be getting them trained finally.

The crows or the squirrels?

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I thought squirrel was breaded and fried, then served with gravy? Never had crow. They are smart though.

It didn't get cold enough this Winter to eat squirrel. I could tell you a story about eating squirrel brains right out of
the barbecued head, but I won't.

#5138 4 years ago

I can sympathize a little with the Chineese eating all these exotic critters. My Mom was pretty poor so we grew up trying
all kinds of things she was used to. Ate salt Mackerel and eggs for breakfast, none of the other kids did. Smell something good cooking in the morning and roll out of of bed to find..Fried Tripe. Pickled Pork was a favorite, wish I could find some now.
I drew the line at Chittlings though, smelled like a hogs ass cooking, wasn't about to find out what they tasted like.

#5140 4 years ago

I did meet some folks who were poorer growing up, they had chicken feet and rice. Or Turkey necks and potatoes.
So I guess it can always be worse.
Pork Brains and scrambled eggs are actually good if they are prepared right. I haven't ate any organ meat or any of that stuff
since I moved out at 16. Never say never.

#5155 4 years ago

I have friends with million dollar chicken operations, huge in this area. This is the kind of thing nobody forecasts.

#5157 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know about squirrels and crows, but I just had a huge raccoon walk right up my driveway to me standing in the garage.
I mumbled something and pointed over to where the food is, and he went that way.

Raccoons are mean as hell, keep your distance.
I never knew deer were so mean either. Recently witnessed 2 kick the fire out of a red fox eating scraps and move in.

#5165 4 years ago

Notice that thousands of Indian laborers are making a run for the Border to avoid a shutdown. Of all the
tragedies possible in this World India has the potential to be the worst as far as human toll.

#5419 4 years ago

MASKS4ALL Czech Republic leads the way on prevention efforts. Add a hashtag there are good youtube videos on this.

#5665 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Someone is making a killing. $35 a mask and 53 sold! They were $15 for 10 at Home Depot before this started.
[quoted image]

An indicator of where we are at in this stage of the Pandemic. I paid 1.25 a mask a Month
ago, the standard Retail price.
Lets hope they indeed produce millions in the coming days so everyone can have one.
In the meantime wear a cool bandana of your choice, it helps! If you go outside
cover your mouth and nose. Better yet, add a set of wrap around shades.
We can do it.

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So what really grinds my gears about this whole stimulus package is I pay taxes just like everyone else.....you know what I get....NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH....why because someone decides if you make X amount you don’t qualify. Why should I even pay taxes if I get no benefit from it when I could use it just like most others....I don’t make hundreds of thousands or millions...those folks could care less about $1200. Was not married when I filed my taxes but I am now and I know what she makes and we would have qualified and gotten $2400....WTF!!! It makes no sense. Pisses me off...throwing money at people is not the answer anyway....

Pickle it doesn't matter why the 1200 is coming unless I read you wrong. Make the best of it.

#5673 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think they would have better off getting this money to unemployment agencies to ensure it gets to the right people. Those being people losing jobs right now that may have problems paying for rent/mortgage and/or food.
What I think is completely misguided is spending all that money with the intent of "stimulating" the economy. No one can travel, go out for entertainment, restaurants, etc right now so how is that money going to stimulate the economy? Unless people are going to use for rent or food, most will either save it or use it to pay off debt. That won't stimulate the economy and so the money could be used elsewhere IMO.

Not stimulate the Economy but sustain it for awhile longer? Until we pass though this?

#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

We will all be wearing mask if and when another pandemic comes our way.......

Another? We are not through this one yet.

#5709 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

What exactly are you trying to say? That I am not worried about the current situation? Or that we could never have another pandemic. I have been way ahead of the curve on this crisis and how serious it is. Have you?

No slight intended Extra. You are doing your best, thats all anyone could ask.

#5716 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pretty much all the cases have come in from overseas. Good reporting.

Far reaching but honest assessment of the situation. Thanks!

#5842 4 years ago

Looks like the CDC will begin recommending masks for all citizens (Home made?).

#6053 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

But distancing won’t go on forever. We will go back to work and it will spread.

Not neccesarily. People will put on their N-95 mask and gloves like they put on their hat every morning.
Workplace guidelines specific to the job (Safe Operating Procedures) will be trained and practiced.
Safe distancing practices will continue. Deep cleaning will become prevalent. Many Businesses based on crowds
will go the way of the Dodo.
PPE is like a suit of armor going in to battle, it won't save everyone but it will save many, those who are diligent
in using it.
I noticed the first creaks from Titanic beginning to see the advantages of gloves and masks, I expect supplies to be available
to the Public in a couple of weeks.

#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

ok now go re-watch all of Twin Peaks including the new season

Where is the new season?

#6334 4 years ago

I like the Media cause it is free.
If I had to pay for Media I would cancel the service. Newspapers? I predicted their collapse 20 years ago.
Paywalls? Are you kidding? I enjoy reaching my 3 article free limit so I don't have to read the drivel anymore and
quickly know if I stumble upon one by accident.
Lets see, Fox,MSNBC NBC, CBS, and ABC? Wouldn't care if they dried up and blew away tomorrow.
CNN? They should pay me to watch.
CNBC sometimes has good Stock Market news. Glad its free. So some would say,"Where do you get your News?
I read lies from a dozen places and discernment reveals the truth.
Media going broke? Sue Facebook. Cut off Taxpayer funding for NPR, BBC, anyone else that follows this Model.
I tell you, every time you turn something on they will always be talking heads spouting propaganda, then a commercial
break for 15 minutes.

#6346 4 years ago

I like dry news, without a partisan slant either way agenda free.
Like Sgt. Friday "Just the facts Ma'am".
Everyone has a camera and an opinion these days, which is great. I can quickly identify key talking points they all use
and turn them off.
News organizations should never have any influence over an area, just give me the facts and go on.
Get a few non-partisan Robots to deliver Reports. Just show dry coverage of an Event, a news conference. Leave out
all the blather and opinions. This is why the Media is going broke. People don't fall for the lies, the slant, the agenda anymore.
They refuse to pay for it too.
Create a Dry News source and become rich.

#6351 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Here's some food for thought.
Have you ever had the media cover something you are an expert on? We can use pinball for example. Usually they will need to report or regurgitate the information the host of a pinball event is being provided to them. Even that or other topics have you caught them slipping up or missing some information?
It makes you wonder when they cover a topic you are NOT an expert on how much accuracy is lost or left out. Not putting anyone at fault or accusing them of lying.....just an observation.....things happen.

I see where you are going. Learning from a Textbook or Classes makes an Expert, as well as life experiences. Media is not
and never should try and be Teachers. If they do to ceases to be News and becomes Commentary. It is when Commentary
and opinion combine with Agendas to create the drivel that passes for News we end up with a problem. A media report on a Pinball subject goes straight to the Entertainment category.
If I am intrigued by something I do not know much about I study non-biased sources.
Todays Media wants to control and sway Public opinion, it no longer is working. Their Business plan is a fail.

#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Reuters and AP are both pretty dry. NPR and BBC can be as well, although people mistake their refusal to report bullshit as "leaning left."

I have Friends at WUNC and the local NPR outlet, nice people. Most of them Graduated from UNC. You can bet your Bippy they have a certain bias.
The AP used to be dry but even that source has Joe"Opinion" Blow bias slipping in.
Can't stand Hannity and the other Pundits masquerading as Reporters at Fox either.
Give me a kid with a cell phone in donetsk anyday.

#6355 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please share an example of where you find this?

It doesn't exist. That is why the first Group who creates it will get rich, everyone will sign up. I mean, I try to
read those articles you link to but frankly every one of them is biased with a slanted agenda. Can't stand it anymore.
Nothing personal, many have been very informative. It's all good.

#6554 4 years ago

A lot of "Empty Hospital" videos popping up, just wondered if anyone in these areas could explain or verify if they are real or bogus. The big Hospital in New York was featured by several people, they all looked like ghost towns.

#6572 4 years ago

I got early wind of the severity of the outbreak from news sources in India, not sure that is credentialed.
Many times by the time credentialed News sources print or show something the News is days old.
I have no problem discerning hype or conspiracy from truth. The videos were an anomaly, especially footage
from the one in New York.
Like to read ALL News sources and glean what actual information (if any) as possible.
Bottom line, credentialed news sources are suspect until proven from other sources.

#6576 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Gotta love those randos with a blog or social media account.

I believe it was "Randos" who called CBS on the mat for using footage from an emergency room in Italy and describing it a scene from
ground zero in New York. Without Independent fact checkers much of what is presented as reality would go unchallenged.

#6578 4 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I think my favorite comment regarding conspiracy theories is “Anyone who thinks that 100 people are all keeping some massive secret has clearly never been a project manager.”

My friends from the Masonic Order Fraternity are great at keeping secrets.

#6583 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m not familiar with either example. Do you have a link to a retraction from CBS or a link that outlines the claim from:
- Fox News
- AP
- Reuters
- WSJ
- New York Times
- Washington Post

10 second google search found 20 stories covering the mistake and apology.
I do not waste my time with New York Times or Washington Post so not sure about those "News" sources

#6585 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm not sure we need to dwell on "some person in the video room maybe used the wrong B-roll during a scene in a segment". There's more than enough grim facts to focus on.

There are hundreds of other like "Mistakes". Credentialed News sources should be above approach if they wish to keep their "Credentials".

#6590 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm not sure we need to dwell on "some person in the video room maybe used the wrong B-roll during a scene in a segment". There's more than enough grim facts to focus on.

I am happy I do not depend on others to determine what I need to dwell on. If you are a Major you need to get it right, otherwise I might
as well watch Bogus News Hour.

#6592 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Cool, let's fund them with public money so they have the resources to be that and aren't just manufacturing content to sell commercials.

We tried that with NPR, PBS, TASS and BBC. Don't work.

#6595 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Everyone makes mistakes. The difference between reputable and non-reputable is that the good ones own their mistakes and address them. Don’t let one mistake discount a mountain of solid reporting.

Yeah, they sometimes own up when they are called out by "Randos" and other fact checkers. Youtube is full of misleading and outright
Fake News Reports from all the Major Players. Seems to be a Trend rather than an "Editing" mistake.

#6598 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So did the Isreali guy in World War Z. Coincidence?

Cool, didn't know that, will have to watch that again. India certainly calls it like it is.

#6599 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

NPR, PBS and BBC are all decent, have defined standards, have an ombudsperson/department, issue retractions, have a large legal team, and robust fact-checkers. NYT is also very similar, but also allows more ink to go to their "opinions" columns. If that's not up your alley, I don't know what to tell you. *shrug*
(I'm unsure what TASS is)

Is this why a majority of the people in the UK are protesting having to pay for BBC?
TASS is the Russian News Agency

#6606 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It's conspirational thinking. It's easy and addictive to just build narratives, like how coronavirus is fake because a few people took videos of hospital parking lots looking empty. Same thinking that brought us Sandy Hook Truthers.
I'm going to try and avoid continuing to unravel all these conspiracy slap fights in the thread (I apologize for all the wasted space in the last page,) and I hope everyone else can too, because conspirational thinking can't really be reasoned with. There's always some next exception in line to prove it to them. Some people are just too far down certain rabbit holes, and we have a pandemic to deal with.

Its certainly true, some people have had the grooves in their brain dug so deep through repetitive mis-information fed to them from an early age it is difficult if not impossible to bring them to the light. No need to apologize.

#6609 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A mistakenly miscredited 4 second video clip on a morning show doesn't shake my faith in the credibility of the mainstream media.
It's just not very important, unless you really believe there's a media conspiracy to convince you that there is a crisis in NYC's hospitals when in fact it's a paradise right now. Don't worry, the NYC hospital B-roll is coming soon enough and it's gonna be horrifying. For now you can rely on the B-roll of body bags being wheeled out to freezer trucks to tide you over.
I kinda hate to stick up for CBS news as their news division is pretty atrocious right now, but I just don't think this "media lie" is worth the 2 straight weeks of play it's going to get on Fox News.

You are near there, perhaps you could let us know how it really is, or some video to shut these scum conspirators down. I don't know anyone else in NY but sometimes its best to get it straight from someone in the know.

#6612 4 years ago

CNN is famous for contrived and outright fake videos. But they have turned over a new leaf and only report truth now.
They are also regretful over past digressions.

#6617 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

This is a laughably perfect example of how lending all information the same credibility by default affects critical thinking

More like a triggered response to an upsetting series of concerns / truths. Do you have something viable to add to the conversation? Please chime in, we all want to know the truth don't we?

#6622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I'm watching / reading the same shit you are.
Staying away from hospitals or anywhere else that isn't a few blocks from my apartment. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, and I don't need to personally stakeout a hospital to know there's a major, unprecedented health crisis going on right now.
I did cruise down to check out the Mercy Ship a few nights ago. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a big ass floating hospital, some cops and some soldiers. It was almost serene!

Sorry, I thought the ship was across the street from the Hospital, no worries! You are correct, there is an unprecedented Health crisis going on, everyone is wondering just how bad it can get and how long it can go on.
I would like to see someone shut these guys down though, its distracting.

#6624 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Every one of your posts is about the mainstream media, and it’s getting a little tiresome. You’ve even exhausted my thumbs-down quota apparently.

Sorry. I have found the ignore function valuable with certain tiresome individuals.

#6625 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]

Yep, shoot the messenger when you do not enjoy what they say. Works every time. Do we really need links to all the incredible CNN contrived reporting videos?
Theres a bunch

#6627 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Phil...I'm a BIG Prisoner fan...but seriously....you could probably stop "adding" to this conversation now as well....

Gee, is it ok if I continue adding until the Owner of the place tells me to go away? The Prisoner was not mutual, neither am I most of the time.
Unless you are Number One?

#6694 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Well, met with doctors in our organization last night that are part of the compensation committee to determine pay cuts to productivity based docs and how we could structure it. Walked through the hospital. Absolute ghost town. Eerie. Everyone came in with masks. By end of meeting masks were off and everyone was standing around talking a hell of a lot closer than 6 feet. I stayed back to be safe. Docs didn't seemed that concerned. Hopefully the surge doesn't come. What a shit mess. I spoke with one doctor that is well respected and he thinks apex will hit in about 25 days. So five doubling periods. Then hopefully drop. Keep in mind a massive surge is considered anything more than 60 patients a day covid related.

So do you attribute the quietness to lack of elective surgery? Fewer accidents/ crime related injuries? Fear of visiting the Emergency room?

#6700 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Largely due to the state mandate that only covid related procedures, consults, appointments are allowed unless absolutely necessary. Telemedicine can also be attributed as people will call in for their primary care needs. However, those are still billable.

Thanks! Think of all the traffic accidents not happening. I would imagine shootings and knife injuries are down as well.

#7257 4 years ago

During my career I managed and safely handled many hazardous substances. This and wearing PPE became routine. I just went to get a belt for the lawnmower and stock up on a few essentials, first time out in 13 days.
Tried to go by the book, aware of everything I touched, the yakking guy in the Auto Parts store, door handles. At home the right order to remove clothes, shoes, wipe down handles, keys, door handle of my truck, refrigerator you name it. I was not trained in Virus avoidance so its really a different ball game if you take it seriously.
Nobody I saw today was taking it seriously.
Made several mistakes in my neatly planned trip, too many. This can't be done. It is impossible to completely protect yourself from a virus. The average person won't do it, or can't do it, may not have the equipment or cunning to do it.
Wearing a N-95 in a store raised my blood pressure, they naturally do that in the best of conditions, amplified in a line of people. I was the only one wearing on in the whole Town, and a Teenager nearly ran from me in the Store, looked like he had seen a Ghost.
Haz Chemicals are much different than a virus. Today, and research brought everything into a new perspective.

#7488 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I never thought I'd see dudes try and hijack a Covid-19 thread to spread their anti-choice propaganda, but here we are. Please, stay on topic.

Yoah, nothing to see here.

#7706 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, of course. Plenty of restaurants that were open 2 weeks ago are no longer open. They are dropping like flies.
The owner of my favorite Chinese place said she would prefer to be open for carry out but her workers can’t get there (they don’t want to ride long train / bus trips) so its just not feasible.
On the other hand it seems like the places that are still open are doing OK. Almost all the Thai places are still open. Plenty of pizza joints. A diner. Etc.

Does New York have food trucks? I know the Nathans hot dog stands used to be big, are they still operating? Seems like a good alternative to brick and mortar.

#7791 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You got me to thinking. My quantity of junk mail, that is the post office's bread and butter, has gone way done in the last few weeks.

I treat it as hazardous waste, and act accordingly.

#8316 4 years ago

Just a matter of time till tort reform limits or prohibits covid related lawsuits.

#8451 4 years ago

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around.
Disclaimer; this is entirely my opinion.
We are being prepared for war.
Now, thats all I have to say.

#8737 4 years ago

Just visited a nearby small Town to get some groceries. This Town has a reputation for being stuck in the 50's, do not allow fast food restaurants or many chain Business, think Mayberry and you have the closest thing to it.
Amazed to see so many people wearing masks. They put up shields at each register. A Clerk was washing cart handles with sanitizer. Amazing!
Still out of eggs (paid 5 dollars for the last carton of free range organic whatever), biscuits, sausage (except Neeses Hot Variety, I like it), Lysol wipes. Sandwich meat was way down, bread selection too, but the refrigerated areas were overflowing with fresh milk. Beer was stocked to the Max (with non-refrigerated for the hoarders piled to the ceiling. They actually had 6-packs of toilet paper, very few.
Guess there is hope after all.

#8800 4 years ago

The Twilight Zone (New) on CBS All Access didn't do much for me, though only watched a few episodes.
I don't remember the "F" word in any of the other versions, this will one day really Date this iteration.
Free 30 days, just wanted to catch up on Picard. First couple of Episodes were brilliant, then went into
a black hole.
Gonna cancel tomorrow.

#8834 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Good move. Picard was horrible. Wanted to like it, but it's lame this and that stuff on the Android girl is beyond annoying. Can't believe they renewed it.

Does the sound drop off some shows for you? Its weird, some shows play perfect, other the sound quits after a minute or so.
Yeah, like Jean Luc but just couldn't get attached to the rest of the cast. The scenes with Data were good. I understand Whoopie is coming back.

#8838 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Whoop-dee-doo!!!!!!!

Not a big fan huh?

#8847 4 years ago

The first Passover people were hunkered down in their homes waiting for the angel of death. Sounds familiar.

#8852 4 years ago

Check out Bob Dylans' new song, 17 minutes long. Pretty interesting.

#8853 4 years ago

Zoom offering Teleconferences all over the World, now considered "Critical Infrastructure"
All transmissions sent directly to Bejing. Zoom? BOOM!
Don't know who or how they knew this but glad they revealed it.

#8922 4 years ago

MEETINGS ON ZOOM, the increasingly popular video conferencing service, are encrypted using an algorithm with serious, well-known weaknesses, and sometimes using keys issued by servers in China, even when meeting participants are all in North America, according to researchers at the University of Toronto.

Related
Zoom Meetings Aren’t End-to-End Encrypted, Despite Misleading Marketing
The researchers also found that Zoom protects video and audio content using a home-grown encryption scheme, that there is a vulnerability in Zoom’s “waiting room” feature, and that Zoom appears to have at least 700 employees in China spread across three subsidiaries. They conclude, in a report for the university’s Citizen Lab — widely followed in information security circles — that Zoom’s service is “not suited for secrets” and that it may be legally obligated to disclose encryption keys to Chinese authorities and “responsive to pressure” from them. Excerpt from an Article The Intercept

This information, as well as lawsuits for sharing personal information with Facebook seems to negate Zoom as a private alternative to Net Conferences.

#8925 4 years ago

Most objections to Huwai supplying our 5G components hinged on possible security breaches built in that could relay sensitive data to China. Until these concerns are confirmed/ proven wrong this should be delayed or an alternative Supplier identified.
Much like the American Embassy bulldozed due to bugs hidden in the infrastructure.
Revelations about Zoom are no less disconcerting.

#8928 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There have been two people here that announced the deletion of their entire Pinside account because of this thread and then followed through. Misguided and overly dramatic IMO.

You can delete your entire Pinside Account? Posts and all? Or did they just deactivate?

#8996 4 years ago

We can't afford Healthcare, those margin calls need to be bailed out.

#8999 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My new official covid-19 bier. This stuff is really good. And I usually hate any kind of fruit flavored beer. Of course I’ll probably be sick of it after a case.[quoted image]

Tired of drinking. Ran out of beer and went through half the whiskey. I don't like whiskey no more, the taste brings back bad memories. Tapped into the Dark Rum, it was OK but made me feel tired. Bout a few cases of Keystone Utility Beer. Just enough, closest to water I have found.
Gonna give it all up in a few days. Enough is enough.

#9015 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not spring blooms but springtime chores cheers me up. A 100 foot run of water and electric out to the back of my property. My fruit trees are back here and getting tired of dragging out hundred feet of hose to water them. Then said I might as well run electric and put lights in my daughters play house. The on/off switch will be at my basement door so I can shut the lights off without leaving the house. Hardest part was digging under the side wall.[quoted image]

Inspiring, thanks! Need to do something similar but really appreciate a ditch witch. I have a good shovel...

#9016 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One of the hobbies some people pick up on when they retire is auctions. I"m no different out there searching for bargains. You wind up buying a box of junk for a dollar or two. I got to searching thru all my treasures and found these. Brand new. Full.
[quoted image]

My retirement job is at UNC and we sometimes pick up a lot of strange stuff from Medical School/ Storage. Your masks and gloves look scary, maybe 1976? Look on the box for a date, I gots to know.

Took a seconf look and guess 1988?

#9019 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

May I suggest something a little more danker?[quoted image]

Thats crazy looking bud. Was it grown from oil infested ground?

#9024 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Actually, I saw an interesting story that says there's a working theory that a Wuhan farmer was gathering bat dung to use as fertilizer for his crops, he was then at the wet market, where things are really filthy, and that's how this all got started. Did anyone else see that article?

The source was definitely Organic and all evidence points to Bats. I'm more concerned as to how it was released into the Environment. Plus the weird anomalies this strain presents.
It's so bad, but all of you know this.

#9028 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

On the bright side, since it seems it is mostly the old timers dying off, there should be more Social Security money left for everybody else.
But some 95 year old dude checking out is not much help; He has already bled the system dry
It needs to be the 62 to 70 years old passing on without having the time to have collected too much.
This should save Medicare gobs of money, too.
The "entitlements" problem will be diminished by magnitudes.

C'mon Man, I read this same mess today, I know what you are trying to say, but cheer up! You have been Passed Over so far, what a Blessing.
When they print money like they are doing now it ceases to be so important.
Right now, its better to be Poor.

#9029 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The gloves have a box date of 2008. Made in China.
The masks have to date. Made in China.

Wow, thanks, I was way wrong. Must be the dated graphics. Masks may still be good depending how much dust and UV got to them.
Gloves? Nah.
Don't really need gloves, unless you are really disciplined and change them often, at the right times.
Just be aware of what your hands touch and take the obvious precautions.

#9052 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:Tell that to poor people.

The poor will inherit the Earth and delight in great prosperity.

#9054 4 years ago

Lined up 3 labor and time intensive projects for next week. Time to change up the routine, too much wasted down time. Try to check on my favorite thread but time to stop dwelling on it. Gone for awhile.
Appreciate the discussion, everyone I knew growing up loved a good argument.

#9950 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I will address why it is hard in America.
The largest problem with addressing #3 compared to many other countries is that we have the most freedoms, including other social democracies-
To do a complete lock down you need to implement Eminent Domain, Suspend part of the 1st Amendment (Peaceful gatherings even on Easter), lock down educational services, stop all huge gatherings-including sports, disrupt economic supply chains, pass stimulus bills with enough votes, mobilize the military for humanitarian reasons, try to supply 50 Governors with enough supplies from an inadequate amount of supplies, fight off lawsuits, then try to balance federal and state laws.
Lincoln suspended habeas corpus during the civil war, and FDR suspended many constitutional freedoms during WW2, so how quick did everyone expect America to pivot?
People are talking about how long it takes these companies to change their production lines to make ventilators and masks, but Charmin can't even keep up with demand on toilet paper.
China simply welds people into their homes, because they don't have to worry about balancing freedoms with a pandemic.

Shoot for the Moon and accept a little less.. today. The rest will be ground in soon enough.

#9966 4 years ago

Want your socks Blessed off? Watch Patricia Janckova Miss Reneta 2012 "Once Upon A Time in the West" on youtube.
Use good speakers. Watch the actions of the other contestants.
This girl NAILED IT!

(can anyone tell me how to imbed Links?)

#9971 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have always been willing to accept a little less as long as I am free to get high as the moon. And deal with as few assholes as possible.

You would probably enjoy the freedom of North Carolina. We have nice Beaches too.
Have a song for you, Stoned and Alone Hank Williams 3

#9973 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There has to be something more at play here than just the lockdown.
"California is projected to reach its peak for COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday, with an estimated 66 deaths"
https://news.yahoo.com/california-days-away-projected-coronavirus-015652287.html

My Mom always said "Don't let them hoo-do you.

#9977 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is she from Louisiana?

She was from Winona, in Pungo Refuge NC. If you have never been there you missed something.

#9980 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Social distancing at it's finest.[quoted image]

Hickory is closer to the Mountains. The secret is the Inner Banks (Pamlico, Hyde, Washington) Counties.

#9986 4 years ago

In most tragedies someone gains.
Who is, has, or will gain the most from this outbreak?

#9995 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

"A single dispenser" isn't the issue. But as a representative symbol, it points to frivolous marketing and spending way beyond a receptionists desk. Medical professionals can be educated without having office supplies paid for. If that's all we see, where does it actually end? The issue is one of suspicion.
And to your question: when Microsoft handed out watches with the Windows logo I gave mine away. So no, I'm not a fan of corporate graft, kickbacks, and corruption, that have only served to put so much of the country at unnecessary risk for the reward of a select few.
My point was directed at a larger issue than you personally doc, so don't take it the wrong way.

When you control Contracts all sort of gifts come your way. It's subtle, at first. "Let me take you out to lunch" Then lunch becomes the best steakhouse in Town. I had plenty of high-dollar Raincoats (with Vendor logos), hats, wine corkscrews, carbiner key fobs, coffee cups, sunglasses, Hoodies, and laptop cases.
I had a Vendor cry when he thought I was going to cancel a Contract.
These guys will cut a cash payment if you are receptive, I never was. Influence is gained over a period of time, in small incremental ways.

#10006 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Bill Gates is smiling big.

Pretty far but no cigar. Close, though.
Watch out for Bill Gates. But if he is the Front Man someone is giving him direction.

#10033 4 years ago

My check is there! Waiting to clear. Surprised it happened so fast.

#10038 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

He seems pretty eager in different ways.
Little excerpt from
2010 Ted Talk

Classic Freudian Slip from Mr. Gates. One would wonder what is truly in his heart?

#10040 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The pharmaceutical industry is one if not the most heavily regulated in the country and world.
Pens, pads, tape dispensers, etc are relics of a bygone era. Those companies haven't given that stuff away in over a decade.

Aue contraire. I collected nice pens from UNC. The input to the Medical field rivals Nike for the Collegiate Sports.

#10041 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow- paper check? Or direct deposit?

Direct Deposit. Completed my taxes early this Year, and I'm poor. May have made a difference.

#10043 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Thanks, I really didn't ever think about getting one until I saw it on Craig's list. Got it for 300 bucks. It was rusty and sparked when plugged in. The wife wouldn't let me put in the game room in the condition I bought it. I called up a person who restores them in Ventura, and he told me that it wasn't worth restoring as coca cola coolers weren't worth it, he would rather restore coke machines. He also said that the resale value would not match the restoration cost and wouldn't even give me a quote. I guess it would be like restoring a Gilligan's Island vs. a Medieval Madness in the coke restoration world.
So, it hit me. I asked my Father-in-law who loves to restore cars if he was interested in a project. He never did a coke cooler, but said he would give it a go. He finished it on Saturday. Here is the back[quoted image]

The ones like that in my neck of the woods usually had about 5 inches of water in the bottom, made the Cokes colder.
They all rusted out from this practice. That is one nice cooler Brother!

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You collected pens from UNC? Pretty sure they can print their own logoed pens. Go Tarheels!

Medical and Pharmaceutical Vendors.

#10054 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Just came across this - NIH is looking for people who 'think they had' COVID for a study. May be a way to confirm suspicions: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-begins-study-quantify-undetected-cases-coronavirus-infection . There is an email address for requesting to be a part of the study - they want 10,000 participants.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Yeah. I'm goning to leave my house, sign up for some bullshit study, Not.
There were always Flyers for this sort of thing soliciting certain groups for study, some for pay.
All I want is a clear, concise antibody test that doesn't cost a fortune.

#10055 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Illuminati?
Elders of Zion?
Soros?
Masons?
Deep State?
Shallow State?

Sorry, what are you rattling on about?

#10060 4 years ago

Eveyone will be exposed to this particular strain. Everyone. It is time to re-open America.
People will die. They will get sick.
Dedicated Crews will run things, maybe sleeping at the Site. Employees in certain Trades will be like Gold.
N-95 Certified masks for everyone. No bullshit Lily Pulitzer Designer Masks.
THE N-95 will allow a certain measure of freedom, a sense of Safety. Already happening.
Add these measures to the ones already communicated and you have a pathway to Recovery.

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

if a second wave hits harder than the first one

The Official narrative says this particular virus returns with a vengeance, offers little immunity to those who once suffered from it and is mutating.
Harkening back to an earlier thread authored by Cotten I feel I had it around Mid-November until December 20th.
Made this assumption from first-hand accounts from other Covid sufferers.
There will be no "Second Wave but merely a continuation."

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

You seemed to know who Bill Gates is working for. Those were my guesses.

Bill Gates always worked for himself. This implies he is evil.
If he were working for others he would merely be a Lackey.
I simply recognize he is a smart man but I do not trust him.

#10074 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Will this virus linger for three years and come in waves like the 1918 pandemic?

Yes, its been designed to make people sick, be resilient and re-occuring.
Serious? We are being prepared for something. My guess is Yellowstone erupting, I could be wrong.
It's going to be Big whatever it is, this current incident is a dry run.

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Spend the next couple of days looking up photos of hospitals overcrowded with dead bodies piling

All I found was quiet Emergency rooms and empty parking lot videos. I asked a Friend from New York to video the local Hospital but never received it.
I am not implying the bodies are not "piling up" but as of now there is no evidence.

#10098 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Was there a tweet about this or a memo? I find it odd that all the sudden these ridiculous conspiracy theories pop up AGAIN all at once. You guys are just lost to reality.

Are you someone we should consider an Authority? Why should we consider your concerns, could you please provide some background? Not trying to disregard your opinion, just wondering.

#10103 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This reminds me of something I might type, in that it makes absolutely no fucking sense.
Phil you decided to give that dark rum another chance didn't ya?

No Rum tonight Brother. Instead of challenging my character perhaps you can show some evidence that disputes my claim?
Yeah, I know Grzz, its always easier to attack the messenger and try to make them look foolish.
You should have stayed in bed. put or shut up.

#10106 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You gotta get better with the Google machine man...
There are stories everywhere with photos supporting the stories. I am not even a fake news conspiracy nut, just jump on the Google machine and you should find all kinds of stuff.

You are kidding, right? Ha. Ha Ha. Next time you wish to lecture someone be prepared, you sound like, never mind

#10109 4 years ago

No good arguments here. C'mon ya'll, wake up! Guess I'm gonna watch Star Trek.
Really disappointed.
Nonetheless, hope everyone sleeps well tonight. Sleep is good, Old men dream dreams
and young Men see visions.

#10118 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not going to spend my time with someone who doesn't appreciate it. I read news from a ton of sources daily, I read medical journals because they are fascinating to me (my mind definitely doesn't work like those in the medical field), and I keep an open mind to absolutely everything.
If you sincerely cared and wanted to be informed about this topic, I would be happy to share links with you.
It is obvious in your tone you are just looking for someone to argue with. Unfortunately, I am not your guy. I wish you and your family nothing but good health and happiness.

I do too.
Your reference to Google is what got me. I find the best Information when Google is not involved. I do not like their built-in censors..
Appreciate you, sorry if I struck you wrong.

#10121 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Probably not. Just another primal scream in to the void. My concerns are just as meaningless as everyone else’s I’m afraid.
If you guys won’t listen to a pinsider that is a working Physician dressed in full PPE about this, I’m not certain you’re going to listen to anyone.

Not a respector of persons. The greatest wisdom I received in life didn't come from "Experts". I appreciate everyones efforts to make themselves better. We are all important, forget the Titles.

#10123 4 years ago

Night Ya'll.

#10589 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Conspiracy theories have no place in this thread.

Who put you in charge of this Outfit?

#10621 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

just when I thought today couldn't get any stupider. These delays are upsetting.

Do people in Canada get them too?

#10655 4 years ago

Maybe they can use some of that 400 million savings from WHO and buy people proper N-95 #M masks. Everybody needs a supply to get this thing under control, not some home made rag. Ridiculous this has gone on so long, in the United States you can (or use to be able to) buy anything.
Rare antiques, Art, classic vehicles and the parts to fix them, you name it.
But no N-95 3m masks.

#10656 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is Bill Mahar (who some cannot stand)

Count me as one of them, he is a walking, talking shill. Not funny either.

#10658 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

The CNN article you linked actually points out another reason why they are bad; the markets trade in exotic and endangered animals. Different reason, same result - not being regulated makes them dangerous.
From the article: "Many experts agree that ending the illegal trade of animals is the most important means of preventing the next pandemic -- and that means better regulation and stricter enforcement, especially at a local level."
This is from your Fox link:
“You’ve got live animals, so there’s feces everywhere. There’s blood because of people chopping them up,” Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, which works to protect wildlife and public health from emerging diseases, told the Associated Press last month.
Your links actually support the opinion they need to be stringently regulated or shut down if they don't.

Not defending the Chinese wet markets by a long shot. What they do to dogs is enough for me.
Everyone should tour a chicken, beef and seafood processing Plant, its an eye opening experience. My friend was a chicken catcher and had to wear a rain coat so much crap was flying around.
My Family down East are in the seafood business and the "picking houses" are wet, grimy places with blowing flies and Gurry everywhere. (Not sure what gurry is? Everything left over) Dozens of wild cats live under them breeding at will.
Meat production is nasty business.

#10689 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Someone reminded me how much of chlorine dioxide baths play a role in North American chicken production.

If you still eat chicken be glad they hit it with that mess (Clorox with more lubricity, water soluble.
Salmonella isn't kind. Like to see a chart from our Friends here on how many people die from that every year.

#10695 4 years ago

My guys in Detroit and Michigan are pissed off. A lot of good things have come from Michigan in the past hundred.
Locally, people are over it. Yeah, everyone will get it eventually, if they haven't already been through it.
People are going to live until they can't. North Carolina has been cool about the whole thing, I don't think Folks around here are going to put up with extending the shutdown.
People know the facts, have altered their movements, and are willing to move forward while dealing with the consequences.

#10698 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah but that still isn't the same as hauling hundreds or thousands of living, wild, and sometimes exotic animals (some of which are endangered) into large, urban areas and slaughtering them right there at the point of purchase.

Ever been to a Blue Crab Festival in Md? Those crabs are hauled in alive and cooked alive in front of everybody.
Same with Lobster Fests. If you think about it not a whole lotta difference.

Now when it comes to Mammals, I balk like Earnest T.

#10699 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]

There is Revolution brewing.

#10712 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Heck, the “essential businesses” side of things has been an inconsistent mess as the individual states muddle through it.

You ain't kidding.

#10716 4 years ago

All Downvote Hags, please, share your views. It is important, a simple down vote doesn't properly explain your disagreement.

#10718 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Is toilet paper still unavailable everywhere?

I got a six-pack the other day and felt damn lucky. They didn't even stock it, just brought it out on a cart

#10725 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Shortages seem to have ended in our area for everything except for yeast, that's still tough to find. Decided to improvise and got something called instant yeast off Amazon, will have to put it to the bread test soon.

Yeast takes time, not a hot item till recently, small stock.
Interesting...

#10728 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

LMAO just look at this. First, if you want to seriously protest physical distancing you should probably not do it from the safety of your cars if you're so damn confident.
Second, the photo of the people that did get out of their cars is just perfection, like something out of a LARP https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/us/michigan-protest-coronavirus/index.html

Don't critizize the protest in Michigan, it's the start of a Revolution.
Pay attention, this is how these things start.
These are my guys.

#10729 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not allowed to speak freely on here, so I downvote. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll tell you exactly how I feel.

I will give you one thing, you are diligent. Thats a good thing, please continue.

#10730 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

A downvote is my concise way of saying “nope, I disagree”, or perhaps I just don’t feel like arguing with people like you on the internet.

I agree.

#10734 4 years ago

Those like my relatives who go out everyday because they are essential employees have little sympathy for shutting down everything else. People have been following the rules, but during this have learned a lot about the current pandemic.
This is wide open Country, sparse population of well educated people.
We really haven't been affected as bad as New York or New Orleans or Atlanta.
Yes, a new hot spot will develop in the following weeks. People will respond. The young people I spoke with simply said they will not live in fear.
Expect more push back against Authority, Civil Disobedience and rogue Openings.
The Nursing Homes are going to be hit hard.
Young people are Over It.

#10740 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Big time shortage in Ohio still. I might have to drive to where I work at just to take a sh*t here pretty soon. My co workers will be like "hey what are you doing in here"? "Nothing guys, just need to take a crap".

North Carolina is the home of Pulp Mills. Kimberly Clark is a local Company/ you want toilet paper, NC is your place.

#10742 4 years ago

I see the shocked emoji, now tell me why. Lazy.

#10743 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

When they started closing off items like plants and seeds at Lowes and Home Depot that was my line in the sand. If you want people to stay home then let them have something to do. It's spring everyone wants to be outside working in their yards, social distancing by them selves. planting flowers coronavirus be damnd or not. When I drove an hour one way today to pick up my trees. Everyone was being patient, polite and keeping distance from others.

It is incremental. just to see what people will accept. Don't accept it, time to take a hard turn back to Constitutional Rights.

#10745 4 years ago

Michigan people are bad ass! A lot of important Protests throughout History originated in Michigan.
Watch this State.
I miss my friend Ron from Detroit, a true Survivor. The Midland Mafia, not so much.
Michigan is a Southern State in the middle of the Great Lakes. I met so many cool people from there.

#10747 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

heckuva time to start caring about your constitution!

So far it hasn't been cracked, only challenged.

#10752 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed, there is a thin line between social distancing/staying at home and being a police state. Now with states giving out fines and threatening to put people in jail we are going to see wide spread protests. The more the local government push the more people will push back. As I said before, we have to find a happy medium. No matter what they do it is still going to spread. This was to slow the curve not stop it. We can't stop it unless we either have a vaccine or heard immunity.

Not sure how it is in your neck of the Woods. People down here have learned social distancing and practice it daily.
My Daughter is actually wearing one of the N-95 masks, this is not like her. As a Grandparent I have embraced lockdown so I can visit with my Granddaughter. The relatively small amount of cases here are a direct result of neighbors heeding the warnings.
I will tell you now, the young crowd are going to rebel, and rebel hard against the limitations of freedoms.
They have digested the current information, calculated their odds, employees safe practices and are ready to break the shutdown.
May 1st. May Day. That is when it is coming and it is so profound.

#10756 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah from those few articles about people getting it a second time and it re-flaring in some I'm beginning to think so also.
Now the scary question is. What if they can't make a vaccine?

They have tried forever to rectify the common cold ( a coronavirus).
Its like those here waiting for the latest Code on a pinball machine. Don't accept the early version, wait..

#10762 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Are they going to attack nursing homes?
What is it with the random capitalizations? Is that a writing style of the movement?

Don't sweat the small things. I mean, who really cares besides you? I like random capitalizations.

#10763 4 years ago

The one good thing about this shut-in is sleep. Don't know if you all enjoy dreams but if you don't you're missing out.
Good night, and carry on.

#10865 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I agree: I'd think that would scare the shit out of normal human beings. I'm so glad that isn't allowed here in The Netherlands (or elsewhere in the EU).

Pretty certain George Washington and his men looked scary creeping up on the Redcoats in a boat.
Guys like this may look scary, but rarely commit crime. Its the punks with a rusty 25 that cause the trouble.

#10867 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe they think you can shoot the virus . At least one of them has a face covering and gloves on . I can't think of any country where that would be allowed except third world , war torn countries .

Masks and face coverings are mandatory now due to covid, gloves are recommended.

#10979 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Only thing I was worried about was running out of Jack Daniels or Mexican Coke. My buddy told me the Coke was now extinct and I would have to suffer with high fructose corn syrup from now on. That's the shit that will give you a hangover to no end.
However, Smart and Final has both at a comparable price to Costco, but without all the idiots waiting in line.

You can find it at Hebrew stores too, its considered Kosher.

#11059 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Incredible photo:
A gang member blocks traffic as part of the Michigan coronavirus protests.
A doctor came out to plead for them to allow an ambulance to pass
[quoted image]

Where is the so-called gang member?
I see a citizen that cares about constitutional rights.

#11063 4 years ago

Once again, no, we don;t need that, we can make our own choices as to information sources. "Sigh"

#11065 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Love the main stream media. They saved America during this crisis by reporting the truth and asking important questions while those we are supposed to trust lied endlessly.
Main steam media deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

Americans voted with their pocketbooks, many of them are going under and I look forward to that day. When that happens maybe they will get it through their thick skulls that citizens don't want, need and will not support propaganda.
Research "Yellow Journalism", still going on.

#11073 4 years ago

So its ok for Wal Mart, Costco, liquor store, Auto Parts, Food processing/ packaging, natural gas, Bank, etc workers to go in everyday but clothing boutique owners have to shut down their livelihood? There are ways to make it work. Small Business owners are getting destroyed, commercial rents are not being paid, loans are defaulting.
Put up a plexiglass screen, wipe the card readers, the shopping carts, require masks, but let everyone open back up.

#11074 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Anybody feeling like they are going nuts like I am?
This was me asking my daughter if she brushed her teeth this morning.[quoted image]

You just got 2 new machines, you should be happy. I know I would.

#11152 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Where we're all these "constitutional rights" citizens when the POTUS said that he has absolute power?

Exactly. Crap like that going on is why people are protesting

#11154 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The US is falling apart at the seams because “forever 21” has been closed for a month, what’s gonna happen when consumers can’t buy a new smart phone for a few years, and when they finally can it costs twice as much?
Oh, and good luck getting new parts for your pinball machines anytime in the next decade.
I do not see consumers and our fine business leaders being Ok with a trading halt with China. It would take years for us to catch up with them in manufacturing, and the public would revolt at the huge price increases in everything they’ve been building for us.

Actually Forever 21 is no longer stylish and were on their way out.
We better bring medicine back,if nothing else. Whatever it takes or costs.

#11273 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Stroh's. You knew it was good because it came in a 36-pack.[quoted image]

We made a many a trip to VA to get Strohs Fire-Brewed. I don't recognize your picture, it must of been later when they tried to bring it back
The fire-brewed had a good,distinct taste that never got old.

#11279 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This stuff is so bad that even 40 years later it hasn't been opened yet.
[quoted image]

Billy Beer was actually Drummond Brothers. I had a many of them in the late 70's. Drummond Brothers was a light Falstaff. Falstaff Draft was killer, the go to around here for my Fathers Generation.

#11281 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I knew this looked familair. Peanut farmers brother

Billy was famous for public urination at the White House (or somewhere important) and taking money from the Libyans, though he never actually got it.

#11289 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We were discussing this yesterday.
Even if there was a cop out there to arrest us for drunk driving, there are no courts in session to give us a speedy trial.
So a few beers while tooling around town is certainly not out of the question. When we used to go to Mexico, the first thing my dad would do is hit a liquor store and crack us each one while heading to San Miguel.

My Uncle Cliff made annual trips across the Border and filled up the trunk of his 57 Biscayne with gallon jugs of Mezcal. Seems like each jug had a half dozen Agave worms.

#11290 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I heard he gave them a vintage bomb casing filled with used pinball machine parts.

Are you serious Clark?

#11291 4 years ago

My question for the day, does anyone here know if they collect DNA when they test for the mess?

#11295 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This week has left me very very confused about states' rights and Federal power separation in your fine country.
I really hope it doesn't impede a coordinated covid-19 response but wow is it fascinating to see a Federal government cheer state Liberation from itself.
Is there anyone here that understands this that can PM me a summary?

To me its simple. Here, there is nothing really going on. NC has been blessed. Could it flare up into an incident? Maybe in one of the big Cities.
Most everyone is working. We are ready to open up. Isn't up to the President. Up to the Governor. Like a good conspiracy?
It's really up to the local Sherriff in each County, the highest ranking duly elected law enforcement Agent.

#11297 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Facebook surprised me recently when they posted this over someone's comment. I've only seen it this one time and assumed it was a new feature.[quoted image]

Users know what it is when they pick it up.

#11301 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ooooh, that's a tough question. Before we were at WW II with Japan and Germany we were trading partners with both. And in the 30s, the people here were quite infatuated with Hitler and the Hindenburg crashed in New Jersey.
We have sanctions on Iran. But other than the pistachios we (used to?) import from Iran I don't think we buy anything from them.
So, what we we do? Sanction China? When it seems like China is producing most of what we need everyday?
Do we load up the guns and cut off our nose to spite our face?
Assuming it is true, do we tell American businesses that their world wide gallivanting is over?
Interesting question. No easy answers.
The only easy answer is wars are a lot easier to start than they are to get out of.

No, the Federal Reserve loans everyone money, gets a vested interest in the Business, and owns a piece of everything.
Meanwhile critical shortages of Medicines reveal our vulnerability, THE straw that broke Glen Campbells back.
China has served as the Worlds manufacturer, hard to say you're fired.

#11303 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My grandpa was a cop and fireman. He also smuggled Falstaff into town with my HS best buddies grandpa, also a fireman.
By the semi load.
Didn't find this out till high school. Wish I coulda met him.

Why did he have to smuggle it? Dry town, or a Smoky and the Bandit scenario?

#11308 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I've worried about the same thing. Xi has been saber rattling saying they will take Taiwan back peacefully or by force within seven years, and that rhetoric started a few years back.
I think we are were already in the early stages of a cold war with China before this happened. I anticipate relations worsening even more in the wake of all of this.

Tiawan has ultrasonic missles, the new equalizer. Taking Tiawan wouldn't be a cakewalk. I wouldn't worry too much about it, Tiawan is the new Japan.
Just say no to War.

#11309 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

The gray area would be things that strip away a person's rights which would be shielded by the Constitution.

Federal Services like the FBI must get permission from the Local Sheriff before a visit. You have a right to request the Local Sheriff be present at any arrest by Federal Agents.

#11317 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Prohibition.

By the way GRZZ, I apologize if I have pissed you off. I'm not normally an asshole but this current mess sure brings out the worst. No excuses, hope you are hacking out happiness.

#11320 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Yes, another area. Then you have tribal land issues. They were going to have a pay-per-view a couple of weeks ago down the road and even though California was in lock down, the loop hole was that it was on tribal land. They pulled it because of pressure, but just another layer.
Not to mention Sanctuary States, marijuana laws, etc...
Federalism keeps the courts busy.

Robin Hood portrayed the Sheriff as an all-powerful figure, a lot of it was based on old English Law. Much of this basic concept was used in the early drafts of Colony Law, much still exists.

#11323 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This video is so Philadelphia. Sorry if it was shared already.

I have a Groundhog. He dug a hole under my 12 ft shed several years ago. How long do these things live? I moved the shed last year but sure enough, he came out again the other day.
I have drawn down on him a dozen times with various weapons but always stopped. Now, Jerry is just a part of the back yard.
Seriously, I need to look that up, if its the same one he has been here for 8 years.

#11324 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Like prima nocta?

Knowing you thats the correct term.

#11359 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Boy, is that a surprise.

Let it out Brother, tell me how you really feel, I can take it.

#11361 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

My *unofficial* tally of who we have lost in this thread:
rwh
wolfemaaan
motorcitymatt
zr11990
iceman44
vicjw66
zablon
ds_nadine
thefamilyarcade
dblm
wolfemaaan was booted off the site entirely
iceman44 holds the record for fastest eject in under 48 hours
DBLM actually requested to be booted
Probably AT LEAST 6 Pinsiders on final written warning here and maybe a dozen or so that have been temporarily ejected and either changed their posting style or never came back.

Someone contacted me and was mad as hell, said I got them kicked off.
First, I do not complain to Moderators.
Second, who am I? I have no influence on who stays or goes, been moderated myself.
This tells me that yes, Change your Posting style, subconsciously someone may see you as the name of their pain.

#11373 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

The local Food Lion had Hamms Talls up until recently, I bought the last of it. Cheap, different, drinkable.
I blame Inbev for the lack of variety for affordable beer.

#11488 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That's why smooth and mellow Stroh's is still fire brewed today.

Strohs is still available? I looked it up awhile back and it was gone. I will renew my search.

#11630 4 years ago

Any news on Prince Charles? He got it and disappeared.

#11718 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yes there may be some spikes but there are a lot of states and counties with low rates of infection. Those are the ones that should open 1st.
Even in our state of Pa. there are counties with low cases and zero deaths. People cannot be without income forever!!

Yes, there are many places that could re-open. It would be perceived by the others who can't as unfair. So we must all suffer equally.
Not to mention people moving (escaping) from "Repressive" States to ones open. Thus spreading the virus.
Just as borders have returned in Europe ignoring the free movement so important to the EU concept, there are those who fear a return of States borders in the US.
Having 50 Governors making decisions concerning 50 States highlights Independence and "States Rights", concepts deemed dangerous by some.

#11740 4 years ago

If "Safe Zones" are established where freedom of movement is less restricted the "Hot Zones" will suffer a stigma and become undesirable places.
I was amazed how quickly normally moderate areas where New Yorkers own vacation houses set up road blocks and unwelcome signs and made it difficult for people fleeing lockdowns.
People resort to the lowest common denominator of "Not in my back yard" mentality when the SHTF. A worsening
of the current situation could lead to Counties and States having road blocks and no-go zones. This may be necessary to return to some semblance of Economic production but will only increase hostility for those who can't.

#11747 4 years ago

Today everyone is a reporter. Todays conspiracy theory is tomorrows truth. People no longer need depend on 3 sources for their information, there are now millions.
Is the majority bulls%T? Probably. The small percentage of the ones that are true are heavily censored by Google, Facebook,Youtube, all the new major players.
They allow the bulls%t to propagate and try to shut down the truths they find distasteful. So the search for truth becomes more difficult, but a worthy cause.

#11760 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We can just keep everything shut down till the end of next year as far as I’m concerned. That’s what the doctors and scientists say, so that’s good enough for me.
Besides, The world is in dire need of a bit of a reset if you ask me. I’m gonna go tinfoil hat here and join in on the fun!
The MAN is just horrified how little we really need our precious “rich get richer” economy, and that all of us non millionaires are gonna figure this out the longer everything is “shut down.”
More and more people are gonna have their “Odin moment” and realize sitting around getting plastered and eating out of a trough of lukewarm filet of fishes is WAY more fun than busting their ass All day just so some asshole gets richer. The whole house of cards propping up these clowns is gonna collapse!
“WE CANT JUST SHUT DOWN THE ECONOMY!! It’s a fate worse than death!!!”
The more these creeps
Say it the less I believe it.

I tend to agree. Expensive outdated concepts resistant to change like the Movie Theatre experience.
Old Brands like Woolrich expensive when made in USA, moving Production to Asia and charging the same prices.
Bankers play risky games with borrowed money and get bailed out by Taxpayers when it goes South.
Then do it again.
Commercial Landlords require maximum rent, go up every chance they can, kick old Tenants out. Who needs them now?
The skys are cleaner, fuel consumption way down. Traffic congestion and accidents down.
People spending more time with Family, teaching their kids instead of Daycare Mills with astronomical prices.
Too big to fail Companies? The harder they fall the better it is.
Necessities are cherished, the latest electronic gadget not so much. People debating what is really important?
200 million Sports Stars? Over paid Movie Stars, who really needs them? Madonna? She had her day in the sun.

#11761 4 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Where I live there is one road in, one road out.
The Sheriff blockaded the road on the 30th. If you don't own a house here or have a valid delivery or are required to be here as an essential part of the workforce you are not allowed in.
We have a special sticker issued by the county that is placed on your vehicle that we as residents can use to gain reentry back into the county after an evacuation. This is hurricane country ya know. Had that system in place for decades.
Anyway...……...very soon after the blockade of the road on the 30th the Sheriff's department started observing counterfeit reentry stickers. People were purchasing these counterfeits in Miami to circumvent the blockade to come down here. Some say it was to shop our supermarkets as the ones in Miami were depleted pretty quick when this thing got kicking off...…..others say it was rob unoccupied homes while the lockdown was in effect. Some people probably just wanted to come down and fish. Who knows.
Now you have to have proof of residency to get in. Deed, utility bill, ID etc...………..
Anyway....it's weird to live in a place where yes in fact the road is being policed and blockaded by the man.

Try to drive in to the Hamptons or Marthas Vineyard, no.
I tried to rent a house on Ocracoke Island year round, the Realtor told me unless I worked in the Motel or Food Business it was a no go. "We want people to go Home after the Season. You need a Sponsor proving you are needed"

#11766 4 years ago

The whole Country has become based on people living beyond their means, on credit and on edge.
The fall would be (will be?) difficult. It doesn't have to be this way.
Affordable Housing. Basic new cars at affordable prices, not option-loaded throwaways that require 8 year loans.
I especially would like to see the Credit Industry undergo a paradigm shift due to these events. Preying on the young, vulnerable, these maggots should go the way of the dodo.
Do we really need Realators? Change the onerous regulations so anyone can sell their own home.
So many new Lawyers graduate every year creating a glut of paid sycophants like a scab on the backs of the working class. We have plenty of useless regulations and lawsuits are out of hand.
Visa and MasterCard get a cut out of every paid transaction. No fee is charged when I use cash.
Sorry, I could go on all day. There is just so much useless crap and crooked money brokers ingrained in what should be a user-friendly Economy.

#11769 4 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Yep………….as I figured...…..other "exclusive" destination locations shut their roads up as well.

There is a little place in NC called Lowland, every night the people who work there and do not live there are required to leave and they raise the small Draw Bridge. No crime at night unless its Locals.

I tried to buy an old fixer-upper house there, no dice. Tight knit Community, you need an invitation to purchase Property.
Would bet there are no Covid cases in Lowland, need to call my Cousin..

#11794 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

The stock market is defiant as hell. What reality does this reflect other than pumping the markets with freshly printed money to make things appear normal? And for what?

It's cheaper than paying TRILLIONS in Pension Fund Investment defaults. Not saying I agree, but if some semblance of excitement is maintained, real or imagined, all of the cash on the sidelines owned by Joe Six Pack may begin to return to Equities, rescuing the Ponzi.
The alternative is a recue bill not even the federal reserve can pay.

#11795 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

- Massive, ongoing testing to detect where the disease is spreading,
- A real-time ability to trace contacts of those infected and isolate them,

Yeah, this is the kind of mess I don't like, sorry. I don't need anyone to tell me I've had it, don't need a Government Agency to test me, don't want to be tracked, none of my friends tracked, I don't need mandatory isolation. This is just agreeing to a massive derailment of civil rights orchestrated by these devils.
Early on began wearing PPE, before PPE was cool. Isolated myself. I feel I had a case of this around Thanksgiving, which means all information as to origins and timeframe are a lie.
Voluntary? Fine. Mandatory? Blow it out your hind end.

#11797 4 years ago

Proper SOP (safe operating procedures) can insure limited transmission at the work place, nearly any workplace. The problem comes in transportation to work if using mass transit. Also Recreation (Concerts, Stadiums, etc.) So got to work, then go home! Ride a Bike or drive a private vehicle.

Testing is useless since immunity from having Covid hasn't been proven. Test negative, touch a door handle, test positive.
Not sure where they are getting this herd immunity belief from, I haven't seen the Science.

#11800 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

how undisciplined some Americans have become with a "no one will tell me what to do" attitude.

This ingrained in the American mindset, responsible for our successful Revolution against England and the basis for so much success for our Country.
Over the Years this concept has been challenged as best for our future sustainability.
All Experts agree isolation is not a long-term solution to Covid.
So get with the Program and create the next best thing, you have the MENSA IQ and billions of dollars, get with it.
When I see my neighbor go to work cause they are "Essential" and I could safely do my job and have to sit home?
NO.

323 posts in this topic match your search for posts by phil-lee. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.