272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#7440 4 years ago

Why are people still talking about iceman? What, people got modded for comments towards iceman? Didn't everyone ignore him months ago? Seriously, if the site banned the top 20 posters every month - it would be a better place.

Just ignore the top 20 posters and this site is amazing.

Jesus, some of these guys don't have a life.

#7454 4 years ago

#7898 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I’m fairly certain there are a few examples in the US.

Yes there are but unfortunately most of them are not allowed to speak. Truth to power is nowhere to be found these days in the land of the free. Things will get better, you see, the warmth of summer makes problems go away, it’s like a miracle.

1 month later
#13343 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For sure. I used to mechanic. I know of what you speak. A lot of peoples' cars are rolling trash bins. They would need to be sprayed down with one of those sprayers I now see on the news.
I also worked in the aircraft factories. Nobody is going to be wearing a mask when it is 100 degrees on the floor and inside a fuselage (metal tube) with just a couple of fans circulating hot air.

I used to work on blast furnaces and we had to wear N95 masks due to the silica dust (and heavy coveralls, and hard hats and heavy gloves) and the temperature was always over 100. Yes you had to shower after your shift and boy did it feel good. It takes a bit of getting used to but most people should be able to suck-it-up if they wanted too.

2 months later
#17701 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You, as well as anybody else, can believe whatever you want. I believing you are reaching to make a conclusion to fit your thoughts. I could be wrong, of course, but that is what believing is all about.

Yup, because pre Covid 11% of all American teenage deaths were the result of suicide. I am sure suicide and depression are a simple thing and could only be caused by home isolation as a result of COVID-19. Serious sarcasm here.

1 month later
#18652 3 years ago

Evidently, some of you guys got good advice from your parents. Some not so much.

My Dad never verbally gave advice but lead by example. However, the one thing he would say to me from time to time was:

Everyone is wrong sometimes.
It takes a big man to admit it.
It takes a bigger man to apologize for it.

A lot of people in power could use a dose of this.

#18667 3 years ago

At this point does it really matter if this was made in a lab or not? We are spending too much energy on the blame game and not enough energy on containing it. Unfortunately the politicians ruined that with their recipe of division. They forgot that their mandate is for the people not keeping power.

All empires come to an end and usually as a result of division from within. We are heading down that road unfortunately.

4 weeks later
#19533 3 years ago

Apparently all the infectious disease experts and Fauci are the idiots. Enough said. Sometimes I feel like We are living in a Twilight Zone episode! I knew I hit that clock too many times and I guess I got sucked into bizarro world. Gonna go play TZ and see if I can make it out....

#19611 3 years ago

Just to repeat. Masks don’t eliminate risk but they help mitigate (lower) the risk. One of the easiest and best ways to mitigate the risk short of complete isolation or wearing a bio-hazard suit in public. Strong evidence supported by how (relatively) few health care workers get it given their Extended high potential for exposure in a hospital Environment. If they did not wear masks where would they (we) be?

Also, ever wonder why N95 masks are not called N100 masks? And surgical masks offer less protection but still a LOT more than nothing.

3 weeks later
#20351 3 years ago

I suspect this will be the last Thanksgiving a few people will be spending with their family...unfortunately. Miss one or roll the dice on missing them all.

#20367 3 years ago

Geared to the learning level of the anti-maskers. LOL

3 months later
#21759 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's funny you guys were founded by religious people wanting freedom to practice their beliefs .
We were founded by criminals and on the first night of settlement , there was an orgy .
And yet , all these years later , we follow rules and don't have weapons , yet you guys are the total opposite
After rereading your post maybe it does make sense .

I smiled bigly upon reading that. i needed a laugh.

2 months later
#22883 2 years ago

To put some context here. The Canadian vaccination rate will surpass that of the US this week. They had a slow start and still don’t have enough supply to meet demand. The real issue now is that a larger percentage of remaining Canadians want the vaccine than remaining Americans and the Canadians don’t have an oversupply issue unlike in the US. Supply issues are localized in Canada just as they were earlier in the US and only so many shots per day can be given.

1 week later
#23034 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Step right up folks!!!
*should be a Canadian flag in the background instead

Is that not science? Evolve your guidelines, theories as newer and better evidence/Data is discovered. Science is data driven - it does not mean that your theory is 100% day one. Not only that but the reason science works is because others are constantly challenging it with - guess what more science. It isn’t burying your head in the sand and saying I believe what I want to believe.

Science does not mean that its conclusions are always right but it does provide the basis for informed decision making. Educated guesswork (research) is still better than uninformed nonsense.

#23039 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

We wouldnt even be discussing this if our (Canada) vaccine procurement was done properly. I guess putting all your chips into the Chinese Cansino vaccine program first before our American partners backfired. And these are the resulting consequences.

Not sure how slow procurement relates to people who won’t roll up their sleeves and get vaccinated. Even with adequate supplies it wouldn’t make any difference to those folks. 2 totally different issues here.

#23047 2 years ago

I agree that politics and money do influence science and introduce bias for sure but for the most part Western society does a decent job of keeping it at bay. Politicians are supposed to bring people with differences together, however, the trend is for them to find wedge issues and drive everyone apart which is too bad because we are capable of such greatness when working together.

1 month later
#23646 2 years ago

People will be studying the COVID era job's situation for years to come but there are many factors at play (in no particular order):

1. Deaths & illness (due to covid related issues).
2. Fear of covid keeping people safe at home.
3. Retirements (people retired a little earlier than planned rather than deal with massive change).
4. Workers have had time to reflect upon their working conditions (food servies & retail in general treat workers like crap).
5. Workers have found better/higher paying jobs with benefits in growth industries (Amazon warehouse, etc).
6. Many people won't take entry level, minimum wage jobs when they are comfortable - from middle class families.
7. Lower immigration (less people available to take traditional lower paying jobs). How many of you are picking produce for a living?
8. Government social programs.
9. Consumer behaviour towards restaurant/retail workers has trended worse over time and now since covide many consumers are more arrogant.
10. People are taking some time to enjoy life with friends/family and work less. This was a stressful time.
11. People have decided to return to school for a better career in a less volatile field. Available to work less.
13. Political division and divisiveness. Who wants to enfore/debate masks in the workplace when dealing with opposing individuals.
14. vacine rollout
12 ... (many more I am sure)

If there was an easy solution I am sure the politicians and economists would have figured it out already. Maybe they have but they just don't agree. LOL

This was a time of great change and some of the side-effects will be transformational. As a general rule people hate change and it takes a while to absorb it and form the new reality.

#23695 2 years ago

Some of the comments from people. (Sigh). Do they think that seat belts save all lives or prevent all injuries? Vaccines are like seat belts - they greatly reduce the likelihood of serious injury but they do not make you invincible. Yes, I know some people still don’t want to wear seat belts because someone told then they should. Risk mitigation not risk elimination. Nothing can eliminate all risk.

1 week later
#23882 2 years ago

Wastewater monitoring is a very effective tool. If you want to see an area that helped pioneer this and is doing it very well check this link.

https://613covid.ca/wastewater/

Provides a good example of how wastewater can be a leading indicator for trends of upcoming cases. Pretty interesting noninvasive science that can be used by health departments.

3 weeks later
#24990 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

If your vaccine works then why wouldn't you see him?

Now your just trolling.

Maybe because:

1. It is an extra layer of protection.
2. Even when vaccinated, it appears that you can be infected (delta strain) and potentially affect others who are not vaccinated. You may not get sick and/or die but you could pass it on to unvaccinated people (like young children).
3. You actually care about people other than yourself.

Do you turn your airbags off because you wear a seat-belt or do you enjoy the extra security of the added safety features?

Getting vaccinated and/or wearing a mask is a very small act and hardly more than a very minor inconvenience. So why not?

#25134 2 years ago

Sometimes I wish Dr. Tenpenny was right about the vaccine because I am tired of dropping nuts/bolts/screws when working on my pins as they always end up in a scoop hole or an inaccessible area under a ramp. Magnetic fingers would make things easier on my aging fumble fingers. However, I have thrown out all my cheap (magnetic) cutlery in case I become magnetized and a fork accidentally makes a run for my face while I am chowing down. I heard a few guys have lost an eye that way.

Who makes this stuff up and even more who believes this nonsense?

This thread provides me with many good chuckles and some great links to scientific articles that I might not have discovered otherwise. Thanks everyone for your active participation. Stay healthy folks.

1 month later
1 month later
#26692 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Raise your hand if you feel you have been “living your life” over the last year.
Ok, that’s everybody.

I have been living my life. It has certainly changed my old normal life but … my love of motorcycling and day tripping is through the roof better. I still buy pins but don’t play on location or with friends as much. More meals on patios as opposed to inside. Entertain way more in my backyard - big improvement as we much prefer to watch sports outside rather than inside. Not sure why we didn’t do this years before. Watching football with a heavy jacket in the late fall makes it feel like you are at the game and beer stays cold.

You can still live people. Having to change doesn’t mean you can’t live. I get it most people resist change and when they have to they often feel like their freedoms are being taken away. Freedom, what the hell does that even mean? You can do whatever you want, whenever you want? In that case none of us are free (nor should we be by that definition).

Live with respect folks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=pbfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.