272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#26539 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

MattS was nice enough to post some pictures from Expo - starting with the Covid notice sign posted at entrance. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2021-new-location-/page/4#post-6572017 . I was scheduled to be in the vendor hall but covid changed that plan. I hope it's a great show.
-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model D, E, H & S Skee Ball

I’m glad to see Expo is more civil and using common sense with their rules than MGC’s 12-years and up need to be vaccinated or tested before entering.

#26555 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Most of these things are governed by the state's rules, rather than the people putting on the festival.
Personally, I think vaccination requirements for large indoor events during a global pandemic are civil and common sense while infection rates are still high and 1,500 Americans are still dying from the virus every day. After having one of my staff show up to work with symptoms, not tell anyone, and test positive for Covid the next day, I don't trust that the average person would do the right thing and stay home with symptoms after buying an expensive ticket, hotel room, and travelling to a festival.

If Dan was truly concerned about everyone’s health and safety for MGC, then he should require that everyone (vaxed-unvaxed) bring a negative test, not just the unvaxed. I caught COVID from my vaccinated wife. After arguing with her for three days to get tested when she first showed symptoms of being sick, she finally got tested on day four (and tested positive) when I had to take her to the hospital. Her attitude the first three days was I’m vaccinated so I can’t have COVID and don’t need a test. This is the consensus I receive from many vaccinated people. They seem to think that since they are vaccinated, that they can not catch or spread Covid.

Let’s follow the science…
Vaccinated people can catch Covid.
Vaccinated people can get sick from Covid.
Vaccinated people can and will spread Covid just as easily as a non-vaccinated person.

So considering the above, MGC is not protecting anybody with their policy. If anything, they are creating an unsafe environment for the non-vaccinated, since there will most likely be, many vaccinated people infected with COVID spreading it to others, because they weren’t required to show a negative test.

I see EXPO taking more of an adult approach to this. People have to be responsible for themselves and others. What EXPO is stating in their policy is, vaccinated or not, if you are sick or show signs of being sick, be responsible and do not attend the show. It’s as simple as that.

1 week later
#26790 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The new OSHA regulations are heavy-handed, but DeSantis is not a small-government hero. He’s imposing huge fines on small businesses that are just trying to protect their staff and clients, in the name of “freedom”. What about the freedoms of small business owners?

27 States are suing the Biden Administration over COVID mandates, I believe that is more than half of the country. Stop blaming Florida for everything.

#26814 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Every one of these 27 states lawsuits is from a single political party. In the 3 cases where it is not….
Iowa - The governor ordered the Attorney General from another party to join the suit.
Kentucky - The AG from that single political party joined the suit.
Louisiana- The AG from that single political party joined the suit.

You left out Kansas, where the Governor there supports the AG’s lawsuit.

#26887 2 years ago

Now you all can lay-off Florida and start blaming California and their policies.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/masked-california-covid-rate-twice-florida

1 month later
#27907 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

PS: Let's hope Trump having received the booster can convince some of his followers to get vaccinated.

You must get all of your news from cnn international. The majority of the non-vaccinated are minorities and cnn did their part in 2020 stoking fear telling the minorities that the government was going to give them placebo’s or some other type of vaccines. Statistically proven, those minorities did not vote for Trump. So take your Netherlands BS someplace else.

#27917 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/us/virus-unvaccinated-americans.html
Take a look at the chart about halfway down. It shows that the people who are "wait and see" unvaccinated are 49% white and the "Absolutely Not" group is 70% white.
I'm not sure where you are getting your information that the majority of unvaccinated are minorities. Care to share a link?

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-by-race-ethnicity/

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/a-misleading-narrative-about-the-unvaccinated/

While White adults account for the largest share (57 percent) of unvaccinated adults, Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, particularly as the variant spreads.” (A bit more than 60 percent of Americans are classified in the census as white alone; 18.5 percent are Hispanic or Latino, 13.4 percent are Black, and about 6 percent are Asian.) The study continues:

As observed in prior weeks, Black and Hispanic people have received smaller shares of vaccinations compared to their shares of cases and compared to their shares of the total population in most states. The share of vaccinations received by Black people also continues to be smaller than their share of deaths in most states, although in some states it is similar to the share of deaths. The share of vaccinations received by Hispanic people is similar to or higher than their share of deaths in most reporting states, although in some states it continues to be lower. For example, in California, 30 percent of vaccinations have gone to Hispanic people, while they account for 63 percent of cases, 48 percent of deaths, and 40 percent of the total population in the state. Similarly, in the District of Columbia, Black people have received 43 percent of vaccinations, while they make up 56 percent of cases, 71 percent of deaths, and 46 percent of the total population. The size of these differences varies across states. The number of states where the shares of vaccinations received by Black and Hispanic people are more proportionate to their shares of the total population and/or their shares of cases or deaths in the state has grown over time.

As uncomfortable as this may make some people, if the U.S. vaccination effort in 2021 is considered a failure, it is so in considerable part because of a failure to convince members of minority groups to get vaccinated. The KFF study noted that:

Less than half of Black and Hispanic people have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose in the vast majority of states reporting data. The vaccination rate for Black people is less than 50 percent in 38 of 42 reporting states, including 7 states where less than a third of Black people have received one or more doses. Similarly, less than half of Hispanic people have received a COVID-19 vaccine dose in 32 of 40 reporting states, including 9 states where less than a third have received at least one dose.

#27950 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Doesn’t NYC have a mask mandate and vaccine passports??
Aren’t their numbers at an all-time high??

Yes that is pretty amazing, just like Delta & United canceling over 200 flights tomorrow because too many of their 100% vaccinated employees (remember they specified no jab, no job) are out with Covid.

The NFL is in turmoil because many of their 98.9% vaccinated players are all testing positive for Covid. Can someone remind me how many active NFL players died of Covid before the vaccines were available? For that matter, how many NHL, NBA, MLB players also died of Covid? Good thing they all got vaccinated or they might have caught Covid and spread it to other players.

#28087 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Wife and I tested positive yesterday.
Some observations:
1. We are both two weeks out from our 3rd doses. Omicron is an infectious motherfucker.
2. Symptoms for me started with mild chills/body aches and a sore throat last Wednesday. This turned into a head cold, lots of congestion and sneezing. On Friday (Christmas Eve) we both took a rapid test and were negative even though my symptoms were pretty strong. Wife had a headache but was much less whiny than I was.
3. Christmas day we couldn't get a test. My symptoms were still pretty annoying. Sudafed+acetaminophen was enough to keep me going.
4. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling a lot better but we took tests anyway because we were supposed to see extended family. Both positive on the rapid tests, and also took PCR tests. Wife is now feeling similarly to how I did earlier in the week.
5. Today I feel good. Some mild congestion in my chest but I can breathe through my nose and my body doesn't hurt. Our holiday plans are ruined though. We are living in my in-laws basement in Illinois for the next few days. My father-in-law's Supersonic has a bad solenoid driver board so I can't even play that to pass the time.
6. We were supposed to go home tomorrow but no way we can do that now. Current CDC guideline is 10 days of isolation from symptom onset. Multiple articles I've read are suggesting this will need to be changed with Omicron. We changed our flights to Friday. Hopefully we'll be able to get negative tests before then or we'll have to change them yet again.
My takeaways:
1. Rapid tests aren't great with Omicron apparently. Probably best to assume if you have symptoms that you have it.
2. The disruption is a pain in the ass even with mild symptoms. I don't doubt that plenty of folks (especially Americans) will not be able to follow isolation guidelines. I can afford to miss an extra half a week of work, way too many people can't afford that. We're not going to provide any kind of support for folks who are supposed to isolate, so it's not going to happen. Too many people will have the choice of paying rent and groceries or isolating, and that's no choice at all.
3. Omicron is probably going to hit us all. Wife and I were 3x vaxxed and wore masks in public and still got it. We were not wearing N95s though (guess we might as well have gone with women's underwear?)

I don’t understand, you said you both were vaccinated! How did you get sick?

#28088 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im so grateful that Pinside has some of the best minds in the world that share their wisdom..... that pretty much the rest of the world, science, and medicine are wrong, and they help us see these truths.

I believe you have posted this more than once, so let’s talk about the science deniers.
I caught Covid back in July from my vaccinated wife. (Her vaccine obviously didn’t work, when “THEY” told us it would.) My only symptom was a fever that lasted 10 days. I’ll give credit to the CDC on the 10 day recommended quarantine. It makes sense because my fever lasted exactly 10 days.
Now the science.

The SCIENTIST in Israel claim I am 27x more protected from Covid than a vaccinated person.
The SCIENTIST at Pfizer claim I am 7x more protected from Covid than a vaccinated person and don’t recommend that you take the jab if you have natural immunity. In all fairness, they recommend you have an antibody test 7-9 months later, then consider a jab.

My wife and I both believe that we had the new variant the first week of December. We both had colds that lasted about 7 days after our family Thanksgiving. More than half of the people in attendance had the same symptoms that week.

So I ask you, with the scientific proof I provided above, who are the science deniers? The problem is that all of you vaxer’s only get seem to get your information from one source, and that is continually obvious from the “fact” articles you post. It is truly dumbfounded how many of you actually believe the stoke and fear put into you by CNN, MSNBC and the NYT. OBTW, most of us do not subscribe to the New York Times, so stop posting propaganda that we can’t read.

Lastly, and most importantly, I have been reading through this thread since August, and I don’t believe the topic of natural immunity has ever been brought up. I am, like millions others in this country, naturally immune.

1 week later
#28437 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

If you keep repeating misinformation enough, it eventually gets "some" people to believe it. The big lie (German: große Lüge) is a gross distortion or misrepresentation of the truth, used especially as a propaganda technique.

This is so true, so let’s recap some of the “Big Lies” that we were told to us over the past 9 months.

If you get vaccinated, you cannot catch COVID.
If you get vaccinated, you cannot get sick from COVID.
If you get vaccinated, you cannot spread COVID.
This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
All of the above came straight from the “Big Guy”!

Yesterday’s Big Lie, Children are not safe in school due to the unvaccinated - Peppermint Patty

#28438 2 years ago

It’s a Pandemic caused by the vaccinated, according to this most recent study (12/31/21). Look, it’s NPR.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/12/31/1067702355/omicron-is-spreading-like-wildfire-scientists-are-trying-to-figure-out-why

Researchers compared the spread of omicron and of delta among members of the same household and concluded that omicron is about 2.7 to 3.7 times more infectious than the delta variant among vaccinated and boosted individuals.

But here's an interesting additional point: For unvaccinated people, there was no significant difference in rates of infection between delta and omicron. That would indicate that both variants are about at the same level of transmissibility among the unvaccinated. In other words, under those circumstances, omicron is not necessarily more transmissible than delta.

If confirmed, the findings would support the idea that omicron's increased transmissibility can be ascribed to its "immune evasiveness" — not some other characteristics that make the variant inherently more transmissible, the authors conclude.

This is also what a small study from the University of Maryland may hint at, although here, too, the findings are preliminary and yet to be peer-reviewed.

Researchers measured how much virus that vaccinated people who were infected with omicron were releasing into the air after shouting and singing. Four out of the five were exhaling ample amounts of virus into the air — comparable to the amount shed by unvaccinated people earlier in the pandemic.

"But what's striking is that I was expecting to see the amounts be much higher, and they are not," says Dr. Don Milton, an infectious disease aerobiologist at the University of Maryland School of Public Health, who led the study.

The findings suggest that the spread of omicron could hinge, in part, on the fact that more vaccinated people are contagious and shedding virus, not necessarily that each infected individual is releasing a lot more virus into the air. And if the results hold true, Milton says long-distance transmission is unlikely to become a new concern with omicron, above and beyond what's already been seen with other contagious variants like delta.

#28483 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

The first three are categorically FALSE and were never said by a CDC or NIH official. No COVID vaccine was ever reported as greater than 95% effective so obviously you can still catch, get sick, and spread COVID.

Well, once again you prove the point that everyone in this thread is trying to make. Many people are uninformed and only believe in the information they absorb from whatever news media. Unfortunately, for the statements you categorically label FALSE were uttered almost verbatim in a national address, on every channel to the country. Then repeated multiple times in other broadcast. Please don’t make me post the video.

You also wrote:
As for the last statement, 85% of COVID hospitalizations are unvaccinated. If the unvaccinated hospitalizations were reduced to the vaccinated levels we would not be overrunning our U.S. hospital capacity. I'd have to go back to look at the full context of where this last statement was made, but I believe this was explained. Context matters.

Some hospitals are reporting 54-60% of there patients are vaccinated, so I guess it matters on what hospitals data you are looking at.
As for the last statement, it was made on Tuesday in the WH press briefing.

#28484 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I don’t like that you are making me defend someone I don’t want to defend but come on.
Again, it was essentially true at the time and place it was said. Context matters. The vaccines were developed to prevent severe illness and as a bonus were very effective at preventing illness altogether…for the original and alpha strains. You know, the strains they specifically were targeting.
In March 2021 the number of breakthroughs (and reinfections fyi) was vanishingly small.
Then things changed. And then changed again.
The repeat purposeful misleading nature of your statements is more akin to the big lie than what your statements purport to be the big lie.
Keep up.

I truly hate using this term, but yes, they keep moving the goal post on almost every position, and as KerryImming posted, the CDC and the NIH never said these comments, but the Big Guy went on national tv and did. It was never true at anytime. So who was misinforming the country on the vaccine? The CDC & NIH, or the Big Guy?

I’m trying to keep up here, it was just some others here decided to bring up the past.

#28508 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Except for you I have NEVER heard anyone say or imply that being unvaccinated is the best way to reduce hospitalizations.

I never said being unvaccinated is the way to go. You do you! Just quit telling others what YOU think they should do. I have natural immunity and I feel good with that and other safe guards.

#28520 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

As for the last statement, 85% of COVID hospitalizations are unvaccinated. If the unvaccinated hospitalizations were reduced to the vaccinated levels we would not be overrunning our U.S. hospital capacity.

As of yesterday:
NYC 49%
State of NY average 57%
A far cry from the 85% claim you make, and these numbers don’t even break down by vaccination status.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/almost-half-reported-ny-covid-19-hospitalizations-not-due-covid-19

8AF4B629-819F-4CF2-8A0D-EFA2BD3017E2 (resized).png8AF4B629-819F-4CF2-8A0D-EFA2BD3017E2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=mikala and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.