272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1953 4 years ago

So many thread ejects haha. Go play some pinball people.

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The media are heroes and they have saved this country from the bullshit and lies of others.

Most are partisan political hacks and only choose to cover stories that fit their narrative, fox news included. You shared a video earlier of Schwarzenegger talking about the true heroes, stick with that.

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe these lunatics are talking about "loosening distancing protocols" and "reopening the economy" in a matter of days. This is madness.
The economy isn't going to recover with our health care system destroyed and 100s of people dying a day. Over 100 deaths today, for the first time.
I cannot believe this is happening in this country. We are JUST getting people used to this shit and now we are gonna say "ah, never mind. Fuck it."
You guys are all ok with this idea?

The media was asking Trump about months possibly into July and August and he was talking about possibly weeks for some states that are not getting hit as hard as NY and CA. You make it sound like he said in a couple of days and somehow you have no gripe about Dems holding up aid and assistance from Americans that needed it last week. Why don't we wait and see what states start easing restrictions sooner than later before you go full TDS, your in NY so they will be one of the last to follow suit anyway.

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The virus can be stopped dead in its tracks if you enforce strict home isolation for 12 weeks.

So you mean bringing the military in for Martial Law right? Telling people to stay home for three months is still done on the honor system that you will not go out unless it's essential. I'm going to work tonight to keep generation running on the power grid, should I stay home and let people go without power?

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How long until we start eating each other? I got the oven on...but I don't want to...jump the gun...

Can you eat Levi first please!!! you'll have a hard time digesting him but he will taste like MSNBC and sarcasm.

#3700 4 years ago

I see a lot of calls for a total shutdown or lock down. Are you talking about martial law or the lock down honor system that they are practicing in the worst hit states?

#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was explaining why some of us are pushing for total shutdown

You mean the honor system where the idiots that have no honor make it not a total shutdown.

#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You completely missed the point...A COMPLETE SHUTDOWN IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! I’m not talking about the economy at all...I’m talking about the millions that have to work so we as humans can survive in this country.
Let me go slow for you as to what happens if we do this total shutdown you speak of and close the following...
Hospitals and those associated with healthcare - people die
Grocery stores - no food/people die
Pharmacies - no drugs/people die
Gas stations - no supply chain
Power plants - no electricity
Electric companies - same as above
Water companies - no running water/people die
Waste treatment facilities - disease/people die
Gas companies - no heat or fuel
Data/internet providers - collapse
Law enforcement - anarchy/people die
Fire fighters - people die
911 call centers - people die
Ambulance companies - people die
Financial institutions - collapse
Railroad workers - no supply chain
Truck drivers - no supply chain
Any job critical to the supply chain including warehouse operations and delivery - no goods
All branches of the military
and any job associated with maintaining our national security - terrorism/war/people die
The media - no information
My point was clearly made in post #3496...here it is again just for you...
Most of the above millions of workers finish their day of work and then go home or out to run essential errands, which continues to spread the virus. I AGREE 100% WE NEED TO KEEP AS MANY PEOPLE HOME AS POSSIBLE. This will slow the spread and help not overload our hospitals and health system. But to those that think a few weeks or even months of a lockdown will stop this are mistaken...this will spread throughout our nation regardless...we just want it to spread as slow as possible. Until a vaccine/cure is found this will have to run its course. Everything we can do no matter how insignificant it may seem will help “flatten the curve” and buy us more critical time to find effective treatment.
I’ve noticed you seem to follow me around and downvote me every chance you get...are you enjoying yourself? Do you get it now???

Spot on, slow down the exposure so hospitals are not overwhelmed but you will be exposed eventually and have to build an immunity towards it. The high risk and elderly need to quarantine until they find a vaccine or drug that helps.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, at our current rate, do you think it's enough? Because I don't.

I would like to leave it up to a state by state basis rather than a national lock down or a martial law situation. We are in lock down in CO but they leave the liquor and pot shops open as essential. I am trusting in most of my fellow Americans to take it seriously whether they live in a lock down state or not, still going to have idiots abusing the essential part even if it was a national order.

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Ok guys, too much political BS and not enough coronavirus talk.
I'm out.

Thanks for the info you provided, just a shame that the usual suspects that politicize everything ruined it for you.

#4653 4 years ago

My heart goes out to NYC and all the other hard hit areas. Whenever this is over do you think people will reconsider living in such a high population density area?

#4680 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just read a story in a rural Georgia hospital that had stockpiled for covid and they blew through all of it in a week. Population density or not it’s slamming healthcare.

I would find a story about a rural area that didn't get slammed but the media usually doesn't bother with boring stuff like that. PPE is going to get used as a precaution even if they get a surge of people who think they have it but end up testing negative.

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nowhere near any big metro area, yet enough covid to overwhelm healthcare system...so this is not just a “big city” problem which seems to be today’s talking point:[quoted image]

Chances that you will get it or spread it in a highly dense populated area are greater. Yes we all understand it can happen in rural areas under the right conditions, someone probably brought it in from traveling and was in a group setting before the precautions were put in place.

#5129 4 years ago

Take this advise with a grain of salt and maybe the doctor can chime in also. Drink hot liquids like tea or broth and avoid dairy or other foods that cause mucus for sore throat, cough, heavy chest symptoms.

#6028 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

What are lockdowns doing their than slowing down the spread? I don’t see it stopping the spread, just slowing it down. I think the numbers are being grossly underestimated, just to control the panic. Until there is a vaccine or deterrent...

You slow down the spread so hospitals can handle the demand and have enough equipment to save lives.

#7106 4 years ago

Most of you think this is excessive or justified? I don't see it any different than exercising by yourself which is not endangering anyone to the virus but I guess it gives other idiots the idea that beaches are open for parties or gatherings.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-03/paddle-boarder-arrested-in-malibu-after-flouting-coronavirus-closures

#7294 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Currently, the death rate is 9 people per million in the USA.
There are 111 deaths in Texas out of 30 million people
3500 in NY due to the density of people and mass transit. California with 38 million people, not so much
The extremely HIGH likelihood is that IF you aren’t “at risk” YOU will NOT die from this virus
Sorry to give you some positive news but it’s just a fact

Sorry this isn't a "glass half full" kinda thread. Good news is they arrested some guy in a paddle boat off the coast of LA spreading the virus to himself.

#7469 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Please don't put your weirdo anti-abortion propaganda on this site.

Maybe if you don't want abortion numbers known your the weirdo.

#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I never thought I'd see dudes try and hijack a Covid-19 thread to spread their anti-choice propaganda, but here we are. Please, stay on topic.

Your the one that picked the abortion stat out of nine other stats he provided and drew attention to it. Seems like you're bothered that people see that number for some reason.

#7639 4 years ago

UK may ban outdoor exercise and warns people about sunbathing. People are starting to lose their fucking minds, as long as your not doing these things in groups it is no threat to others and is keeping people sane and healthy.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-follow-lockdown-rules-or-we-will-ban-outdoor-exercise-health-secretary-warns-11968783

1 week later
#10193 4 years ago
20200414_075109_HDR (resized).jpg20200414_075109_HDR (resized).jpg
#10928 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And please excuse me if I don't seem as worried as many are.
I really tied one on last night.

Don't need to excuse your common sense, many have lost theirs and will be afraid of their shadow for along time.

4 weeks later
#14016 3 years ago
20200515_181524 (resized).jpg20200515_181524 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#17068 3 years ago

The video is pro mask but brings some common sense to the hysteria.

1 week later
#17543 3 years ago

The daily shaming and bitching about anti-mask wearers is old hat. Gotta get with shaming and belittling the anti-goggles crowd now, wouldn't want to disrespect the Fauci.

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg
1 week later
#17869 3 years ago

Tired of shaming the non-mask wearers? New shaming breakthrough on the neck gaiter wearers, studies show they are probably worse than wearing nothing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neck-gaiters-may-do-more-harm-than-not-wearing-a-mask-at-all-study-shows/

2 weeks later
#18126 3 years ago

Everyone ready for your mandatory vaccine?

20200827_032141 (resized).jpg20200827_032141 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#18706 3 years ago

So what is the magic number of deaths that we need to get down to per year before they stop making masks mandatory and leave it up to personal choice?

#18727 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Zero. Until then, fuck your choice.

Such an emotional response with no logic involved. I bet you apply that emotion every time you get in a car and risk being one of the 40,000 killed every year.

#18731 3 years ago

What, you mean when he chooses to buckle his seatbelt?
Or when he chooses to follow the speed limit?
Or maybe when he chooses to not drink and drive?
So many choices.
Let me rephrase your question and see if you can answer it. How many deaths are you willing to be directly responsible for in order to avoid the inconvenience of wearing a mask in public for a few more months?

I willingly wear a mask in public but just asking a logical question and get roasted for it. There has to be a number that is logically thought out before the mandatory aspect of it is lifted. I don't know where your getting this few more months figure and lay off the "directly responsible" unprovable diatribe.

#18732 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’ve posted 85 times in this thread over the past months. Many times at length and with patience. Go read through them if you give a damn, because frankly I no longer have the slightest of patience for ignorant bullshit such as what you are peddling. Otherwise, see the good doctor’s response above.

I asked a logical question that the majority of people in this country want an answer to. You're triggered for some reason, I'm not here to waive the anti-mask flag so just chill.

2 months later
#20613 3 years ago

Heartbreaking video. Politicians and elites still collect paychecks and don't apply their idiotic rules to themselves while they destroy people like this.

#20714 3 years ago

If you're prone to allergic reactions and plan on getting the vaccine they are not recommending at least the Pfizer one.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55244122

#20737 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

after this whole thing ends.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

8 months later
#24846 2 years ago

If the key to the city mandate in NYC is for safety purposes then why are performing artists and sports teams exempt from it?

§ 2. I hereby order that the following individuals are exempted from this Order, and therefore may enter a covered premises without displaying proof of vaccination, provided that such individuals wear a face mask at all times they are unable to maintain six (6) feet of distance from other individuals inside the covered premises:

Individuals entering for a quick and limited purpose (for example, using the restroom, placing or picking up an order or service, changing clothes in a locker room, or performing necessary repairs);

A nonresident performing artist not regularly employed by the covered entity while they are in a covered premises for purposes of performing;

A nonresident professional athlete/sports team who enters a covered premises as part of their regular employment for purposes of competing; and

A nonresident individual accompanying a performing artist or professional athlete/sports team into a covered premises as part of their regular employment so long as the performing artist or professional athlete/sports team are performing or competing in the covered premises.

#24855 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think the key in most of the mandates is to balance health and safety with also trying to keep the economy going and life somewhat returning to normal. For live bands here it's similar, audience is masked and at least 6 feet away from the performers, but the performers can be unmasked while they perform. I think it hits a good balance... it makes sense the crowd is masked since they can't be socially distanced, but the band isn't, since they are usually much further than 6 feet from other people. Are you visiting New York? Curious about why someone from another state would take such an interest in New York's public safety guidelines.

You're talking about masking and social distancing only, this mandate is excluding unvaxxed people even if they follow those mask and social distancing measures. To let performing artists and sports teams evade the mandate pokes holes in the supposed "public safety" reason this was implemented. If it can happen in one U.S. city it can spread to my town eventually so just a concerned American who doesn't bark like a trained seal every time some politician thinks they know what's best for my personal health.

#24879 2 years ago

Really? Given that there are only three confirmed deaths from COVID vaccine related events in the US thus far, you personally knowing two people who died is surprising.

What is a confirmed death from a vaccine? Do they have to collapse and pass away within five minutes for it to be confirmed? 12,791 reported deaths through VAERS currently and you're saying only three are confirmed? Most reports are done by physicians or by individuals that have a physicians help so saying there are only three confirmed sounds a lot like covering for a Big Pharma industry rather than trusting your colleges. Who is motivated to investigate these or report them? not Big Pharma, not the corporate media, not bought off politicians. Say only 10% of the reported deaths are vaccine related, that's still over 2000 deaths, to say there are only three confirmed deaths is not critical thinking and saying what you have to say to keep a narrative going.

https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/includesForeign.php

https://www.axios.com/doctors-big-pharma-drug-medical-device-payments-6526a1e3-04a0-41f3-b3f5-a520fa1e97dc.html
20210819_074141 (resized).jpg20210819_074141 (resized).jpg

#24884 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Quote:
"National Vaccine Information Center
Anti-vaccine group
The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), founded under the name Dissatisfied Parents Together (DPT) in 1982, is an American 501(c)(3) organization that has been widely criticized as a leading source of fearmongering and misinformation about vaccines."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vaccine_Information_Center

You don't believe medalerts because wikipedia told you not to? Anybody can edit wikipedia. Here is the CDC direct results, lower numbers because they are not including foreign VAERS results but still just under 6k reported deaths.

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D8;jsessionid=27AD55409CE05ED4FC563A36D5DD

20210819_085005 (resized).jpg20210819_085005 (resized).jpg
#24891 2 years ago

It’s quite simple. After a VAERS report is made there is an agency that investigates the event and determines if there is evidence to support a vaccine related death or not. That’s what a confirmed death means.
The rest of your post is Facebook meme nonsense that has been debunked multiple times.
P.S. saying there are three confirmed deaths is FACT. Look it up. I’m sorry you don’t like it or that it doesn’t fit with whatever misinformation website you are looking at but that doesn’t make it untrue.

What agency and who are they funded by good doctor? Like I said you are not trusting your colleges and fellow citizens and instead trusting biased bought and paid for agencies that claim to debunk VAERS reports.

5 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.