272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lifefloat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#5763 4 years ago

Post #5753 with the video of the guy who has his diploma in the background as validity that he is a doctor......did anybody notice that the
bookcase with the fancy gilded books on the shelves is a poster? Who hangs a poster of a bookcase up behind them? A real doctor? A person who really likes books but can't afford them?

I'm not hating on the guy but it just struck me as a little odd.

#6668 4 years ago

I wasn't too sure about the "rumor" of the 21 million cancelled phones in China and the allusion that those are all deaths from the virus so I did a little digging...…...

AP reports this as not directly related to the virus.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8717250566

I'm gonna go with that. If it was in direct correlation to the virus and those were all deaths from this, that would not be a good thing. For anyone.

Quoted from Pickle:

So current numbers of recorded confirmed cases are at 1 million. Number of deaths are now 50,000. No way to know the unconfirmed/ unreported cases and deaths. But going on recorded cases that’s about 5% that die. Let’s see the numbers again in 2 weeks.
On a conservative estimate let’s say a little less than half the population of China got it....that’s 500 million roughly. If 5% die that is 25 million dead....problem is we will never no how many had it and real numbers of how many died....but we know reports of 21 million cell phones cancelled/deactivated in China have been rumored.
US numbers currently indicate a little less than 2.5% of the confirmed cases have died.
The more data we have the more we can predict how many may die.
If 2.5% is accurate and 50% of the US population gets the virus you could estimate 3.7 MILLION people may die. This is serious. Let’s hope as more data is collected we see the actual fatality rate below 1%
Only recently have we had enough testing in the US to start getting accurate data. The more testing done the more data and we can see trends. Hopefully for the better....flattening of the curve....lower fatality rate...and successful treatments!

#7626 4 years ago

Good morning.

I went to work yesterday. First time in a few weeks. I am an electrical contractor. By choice I took the last few weeks to isolate and chill out.

The upside to working yesterday? I made some money.

The downside to working yesterday? It took me a long time to catch up on reading this forum topic this morning.

#7676 4 years ago

Ketchup sandwiches????

You have bread????? lucky you

Quoted from BillySastard:

I believe Who Dey has mentioned before that he is a union employee.
I'll say this as a union member myself. There's only so much the union can do in this situation. You can take your grievance about working in close proximity situations, but there's nothing beyond that they can do. The other day my local chairman was told to go home because he refused to work with three guys in the cab of a locomotive. There will definitely be formal charges brought up against him for insubordination, which could mean termination for him.
I work for a Canadian based railroad and interact with Canadian union members and their unions are so much stronger than the U.S.
I just got the phone call yesterday that I'm being forced to work in Chicago, a known hot spot. I have to go through a month of training there where there will be 3 or 4 guys in a locomotive cab. I can either work, quit, or take a leave of absence. Guess I'm taking the LOA and eating ketchup sandwiches for a while.

#8571 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps we can all say a little prayer for Connie. Thank you.[quoted image]

Just catching up on the thread from yesterday...…..deep sigh...…..I might start drinking a little earlier today. hang in there o-din

#8660 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Can anyone recommend a good breakfast wine?

That was a good one!!! still laughing

#8757 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Last week I contacted the management company who handles the lease on my warehouse and asked if could pay only half of the rent. I was hoping for them to counter with a third off.
They immediately said, “fine...
Now I kinda wished I had asked for more.
Still, that’s a lotta Lunch[quoted image]

They make good beer! I'd consider moving to Maine because of that brewery.

#8759 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not directed at anyone in particular, but it came up on my FB feed and I thought it appropriate here.
"Please stop saying you "researched it."
You didn't research anything and its highly probable that you dont even know how to do so.
Did you compile a literature review and write abstracts on each article? Or better yet, did you collect a random sample of sources and perform independent probability statistics on the reported results? No?
Did you at least take each article, one by one and look into the source ( that would be the author, publisher and funder), then critique the writing for logical fallacies, cognitive distortions and plain inaccuracies.
Did you ask yourself why this source might publish these particular results? Did you follow the trail of references and apply the same source of scrutiny to them?
No? Then you didnt fucking research anything. You read or watched a video, most likely with little to no objectivity. You came across something in your algorithm manipulated feed, something that jived with your implicit biases and served your confirmation bias, and subconsciously applied your emotional filters and called it proof.
Scary.
- Linda Gamble Spadaro"

I like the depth of this post. I do not research everything I read. Hence the fact I do not post things that could be complete BS. I take most of life at face value. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and flies like a duck it's probably a duck. I still don't believe it is a duck until that damn duck is right in front of me nthough

and I have a dee-cent beer buzz right now...……..God I hope those aren't ducks at the door...……..I only have so much beer.

#8766 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, if nobody did, we wouldn't have much of a thread here now would we?

True.

Very true.

#8945 4 years ago

Dr. Demento

Dr. Demento (resized).pngDr. Demento (resized).png
#8959 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is where I would start carrying a box of rocks and start making some midnight runs and practice my window pitching skills. Either that or start ramming potatoes up some tail pipes.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/tech/instacart-shoppers-tip-baiting/index.html

I can't believe someone would actually strip a tip away from someone who is helping them out by going grocery shopping for them. That's pretty low and down right evil.

#9073 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yes I know, I’m licensed here in NY at least so I’m familiar with the important codes. I ran direct burial in conduit just for the redundancy and put it 2 feet deep out to my detached garage I built.
Now that everyone is home and my gameroom has been converted into a study... perhaps I should slap a heater out there and turn that garage into a gameroom too!

NM (romex) is not listed for use in wet locations. That means you cannot use it in an underground conduit.

UF (direct burial rated) is listed as rated for wet locations and is suitable for direct burial. No conduit required. Minimum cover depths must still be achieved though.

When it comes to enclosing either of these wiring methods in a conduit though...….NEC 300.18 (A) Raceway Installations......comes into play.

That code section clearly states that a raceway be a complete run BEFORE installing conductors in said raceway. There is no way in hell you can pull UF or NM in a completed conduit. Typically when people do choose to do this they build the pipe around the wire and this is where you violate the code.

There is an exception that allows short sections of raceways to contain conductors prior to completing the raceway to protect them from physical damage though.

All of this information is in the National Electrical Code. And it's cool to be "familiar with the important codes" but in my eyes all the codes in the NEC are important.

Okay...…...that was my rant. I'm off to go do an outdoor installation that conforms to the NEC and hopefully do not get covid-19 cooties on me in the process.

#9077 4 years ago

I betcha a lot of people are taking the time to make "special" brownies now that a lot of us have more free time to bake. Heh heh. Bake.

#9510 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have decided I won't risk a Fantasy Omelet today.
I'm going big and getting The Ultimate Omelet.

jealous

I'm gonna try and forget about greasy yummy food and just start drinking...……...and try and find the "missing ball" in my JD from last night's play.

#10173 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Watching the news and except for a few more sailors on the ship Mercy testing positive, it really is looking like this virus is slowing to a crawl in So Cal. Dropping dead in it's tracks so to speak.
No new deaths in several counties and only a few new recorded cases in most. Wow, just wow.

That Fantasy Omelet could become a reality for me sooner than expected then...…………...good deal.

#10381 4 years ago

Yesss……..my work day just ended! Had a simple outdoor service call last thing of the day and all throughout the neighborhood I was in people are riding bikes. Everyone wearing masks.

Quite a few chicks in the mix and all of them look like hotties now that masks are in use.

#10398 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

They should not rely on the government to tell them what to do.

I am not waiting for my local government to pull their heads out of their ass and figure out a way to issue building permits while they are shut down.

I'll deal with it later.

Not trying to pull a fast one. Or put anyone in harms way, including myself.

Maintaining a small business requires flexibility and times like this aren't one where you wait for government to tell you what to do when you already know what to do all by yourself.

#10401 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy crap. Do you have a wall of pictures with yarn connecting all of them?

O hell...….

That just made me crack the F up

#10609 4 years ago

This morning I was chatting (ranting actually) with my next door neighbor here in the office building.

I must have sounded vulnerable or something.

Two minutes after finishing our chat he came over and handed me a religious pamphlet.

#10677 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Explosion at Maine paper mill. I’m ashamed to admit it but, My first reaction was “oh no the toilet paper”, followed by “I hope everyone is ok”. Damn covid has totally messed up priorities.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/15/us/maine-paper-mill-explosion/index.html
https://wgme.com/news/local/reports-of-explosion-at-jay-mill

The video of this is worth watching. Thx for the link.

#11588 4 years ago

Okay……….two topics I want to cover here...…….

Forget Disneyland. Way over rated.

Next time I'm in California...……..Fantasy Burger for sure.

And.….

A pet peeve I have......…I hate it when people abbreviate California with Cali

Get a bigger sign chick.

cali (resized).jpgcali (resized).jpg
#11597 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

We finished the 1st layer of the 4d puzzle today too[quoted image]

I didn't even know those existed.

This website is a wealth of information.

Thank you

#11599 4 years ago

Another weird picture out of California...……

1) There are essential things I'd like to discuss with the girl in the center of this pic.

2) If Covid-19 is a lie...……………... WTF is that get-up you got going on dude holding sign?

bs (resized).jpgbs (resized).jpg
#11600 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I'm sorry. What is the 4th dimension?
Smell? Taste? Or does it move ?

good one.....chuckle chuckle

#11613 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Texas protesters chant "Fire Fauci". I haven't been following the news but isn't he like an adviser to the president?
https://twitter.com/mannyNYT/status/1251564861257113602?s=19
Is this the first time there has been a protest against a specific staff member of the whitehouse? (That wasn't like a major position, like Attorney General?)
And they had this...
[quoted image]

That's a troubling picture in soooo many ways.

But don't forget to get your cellphones out people! To document this time when we were out doing this dumb thing that nobody will ever look back on and say WOW look at those patriots!

#11614 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My wife and I are going to escape the virus tonight and watch American Graffiti. Haven’t seen it in years. Wish it was 1955 , At the drive in with my lady looking up at the stars, surrounded by cornfields and dirt roads. The neon diner sign Aglow like a firefly in the distance.

That's a normal response.

Good deal.

right on

#11751 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

People cannot be without income forever!!

I could be without income forever if I died tomorrow

#11757 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

People resort to the lowest common denominator of "Not in my back yard" mentality when the SHTF. A worsening
of the current situation could lead to Counties and States having road blocks and no-go zones. This may be necessary to return to some semblance of Economic production but will only increase hostility for those who can't.

Where I live there is one road in, one road out.

The Sheriff blockaded the road on the 30th. If you don't own a house here or have a valid delivery or are required to be here as an essential part of the workforce you are not allowed in.

We have a special sticker issued by the county that is placed on your vehicle that we as residents can use to gain reentry back into the county after an evacuation. This is hurricane country ya know. Had that system in place for decades.

Anyway...……...very soon after the blockade of the road on the 30th the Sheriff's department started observing counterfeit reentry stickers. People were purchasing these counterfeits in Miami to circumvent the blockade to come down here. Some say it was to shop our supermarkets as the ones in Miami were depleted pretty quick when this thing got kicking off...…..others say it was rob unoccupied homes while the lockdown was in effect. Some people probably just wanted to come down and fish. Who knows.

Now you have to have proof of residency to get in. Deed, utility bill, ID etc...………..

Anyway....it's weird to live in a place where yes in fact the road is being policed and blockaded by the man.

#11763 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Try to drive in to the Hamptons or Marthas Vineyard, no.
I tried to rent a house on Ocracoke Island year round, the Realtor told me unless I worked in the Motel or Food Business it was a no go. "We want people to go Home after the Season. You need a Sponsor proving you are needed"

Yep………….as I figured...…..other "exclusive" destination locations shut their roads up as well.

#11847 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not a scientist.
But even at “six feet apart” huge crowds seems like a bad idea to me at this current juncture.

Agreed. WAY TOO CLOSE THOSE PEOPLE

I was thinking about Israel today though.

All I can say is Israeli chicks are hot. Yes...……….I could post picks of chicks with guns and all that shit, but bottom line...…..they have a few things up on the typical American woman.

well.……….I posted a pic of a chick with a gun...…...shame on me.

hottie israel (resized).jpghottie israel (resized).jpg
#12030 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Oil now 6 cents a Barrel in USA.

That was four minutes ago...……….now it's:

West Texas Intermediate crude for May delivery sank to just one cent per barrel, its lowest level on record.

#12033 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

oilprice.com just crashed. Other price sites also not loading.

Time to load your AR-15's children...……….

Just kidding

Don't look at that bright flash in the sky though

#12198 3 years ago

And now another thing to add to the "I really don't want to get the virus" stack is the possibility that it is causing otherwise healthy young people who have contracted the virus to have a stroke. This storyline has popped up all over the internet......…...below is just one link to it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

#12344 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Damn, Levi. You put on a free show and get thumbed down..

Yeah……wtf……

Two thumbs up for opening with Judas Priest and for owning a fn piece of Rock & Roll history! Nice couch dude!

RIP Ronnie.

#12705 3 years ago

I was just cutting up raw chicken as I prepare dinner tonight and we all know it's kinda nasty...……….

I understand food safety..............................I'm not gonna let nasty get me here.

I can keep salmonella at bay following good kitchen practice...………If society treated their interactions with others right now the same as raw chicken, and knew how to handle a raw chicken, transmission rates of Covid-19 would go down.

#12780 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you want government money, you need to be a good bullshitter and tell them what they want to hear.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/us/coronavirus-moderna-vaccine-invs/index.html
" In quest for vaccine, US makes 'big bet' on company with unproven technology"

I read this entire article this morning. Slowly. Not because I read slowly, it was just a lot to digest. Well written piece though.

I hope it isn't just a big con game Moderna is playing with mRNA as a possible medical game changer. Moderna has yet to bring anything to market in all the years of their operation as the article clearly states. Yet we as taxpayers just handed them $483 million.

Wow.

#12948 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting article. I like the mortician girl and watch her on YT from time to time.

I've never seen any of her videos until today. I should've known that they would be out there though.....wtf. Anyway...………...Her first book published over five years ago is a good read. Check it out.

http://caitlindoughty.com/books/smoke-gets-in-your-eyes

#13237 3 years ago

Breakfast sales are on the decline because of covid-19 at fast food restaurants according to a new article I read this morning.

Certain contributors to this website are leading the charge to reverse this trend.

Keep up the good work.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/business/breakfast-fast-food-decline-coronavirus/index.html

#13464 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are simply no words ..

Whoa. Crawling out of the woodwork.

Best quote out of the video posted by gweempose at 21:57...………"a satanic cult full of pedophiles controlling you and I"

Fn whack-a-doodle

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lifefloat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.