272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I read something the other day which stuck with me - 'The paradox of the novel coronavirus response is that it only works if we take aggressive steps before they seem necessary and, if they work, will not have seemed necessary. Success will look like we overreacted.'

Absolutely, both you and RTR are correct about the optics of it.....this is what happened with swine flu. The modeling showed it spreading and covering Mexico and the U.S. in a few short weeks but the computer modelling can't account for the human reactions and endeavors to stop or mitigate it.

Working from home just isn't the same....

ESwdjW6XkAInaAp (resized).jpgESwdjW6XkAInaAp (resized).jpg
#287 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

At this point we're just fighting math. 30% increase per day makes me want to become a loan shark:[quoted image]

That's the problem with computer models, I wouldn't count on those numbers. Again this just straight math if no one does anything....but serious mitigation is already underway, so I don't think we'll see numbers like that. I'd be very surprised if the number of infected even gets close to 500k, much less a million. China's numbers is a much better gauge. I also think Italy's large numbers reflect their government's lack of response in the early days of the virus.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

In case I am missing something here, can somebody explain to me how trying to lock down 40 million people in California is going to work? First, you would need 100 percent participation and we know that simply is not possible. How many rebels are in there? 1 percent only is 400,000 people not abiding by the lock down. Then they tell everyone, "go ahead and stay inside but you can run down to the grocery store to get food" where millions of other people are doing the same thing. I'm not buying it as a viable strategy at all.

It works.....it slows down the rate of transmission. Flattening the curve is key here.

#1277 4 years ago

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Throwing around the racist label to complete strangers for your own agenda is disgusting and provocative. Shameful actually.I refuse to throw labels at people, especially strangers, ever.

But it fits into his whole narrative that all the problems are either inherited or because of foreigners.....this is fascism 101, anyone who has been around can see that. The Virus and Viruses don't give 2 shits what we call them....they'll kill without prejudice.
Have a nice day!

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

We didn’t call Ebola “the African virus”.
We didn’t call Mad Cow disease “the British virus”.
We don’t call measles “the European virus”.

You're correct....who cares where it comes from....the next one could from FL. This whole mishandling of this epidemic is due to us or our leaderships (both parties), I say both parties because State and local governments could have acted on their own. but Instead our leaders concentrating on things that didn't need to be concentrated on......things like how it will affect the economy, their political rivals, their poll numbers, re-election hopes etc....etc.

Btw, Spanish Flu of the 1920's killed 50 Million people! it infected 75% of the globe. Funfact: Spanish Flu started on a pig farm in Texas

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

This is arguable.
Some say Kansas.
Some say Gina.
Interesting you say Texas. Can you provide sources?

I think it was first reported in Kansas but IIRC it was traced to a pig farm in Texas. I'll double check.

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Fun fact, your the second person in 24 hours to claim a FACT of where the Spanish Flu originated from. The other person said it was a fact that it originated from Kansas. When in FACT no one really knows and there many different hypothesis on where it originated.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/34#post-5545824

Just go back to my post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/34#post-5545824

Lol, thanks for validating my earlier point...you concentrate on that.

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Good new tests coming up for this as well as a self swab for Covid soon.

This is the only thing I'm looking for.....the most important tool, 8 weeks late but we'll take it.

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You think we have problems. We joke about Mexico shutting down our southern border. This should curl your hair. Mexico's President is way out there. Makes me feel blessed.

Well this is really worrisome, it tells me that won't be out of danger till we have a vaccine...too much stupidity abound.

1 year later
#24036 2 years ago

Most of the times I'm on the side of freedom of choice but the problem with having a large swath of the population not getting vaccinated around the world is that it gives the virus a chance to live and mutate and thus morph into something more deadly. Believe it or not I was at the pain mgmt section of the hospital today they apologized for the long wait because they were short on staff due to the Delta variant...people being reassigned to help out in the main wing. Perhaps there is valid safety concerns for not wanting it but I think with 50+ percent of the first world nations vaccinated we can say it's safe enough. Skiing is unsafe, driving in the snow is unsafe but we go out and do it anyway.

#24092 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

There are also many countries that have limited access to the vaccines not just because of supply but also logistics. In poor countries people don't have access to transportation and are unable to make it to the vaccination centers. Also, they are more concerned with basic needs that this is not a major priority in their lives. I would think a large percentage of the world population will never be vaccinated, not by choice. So the variants will continue to mutate.

Hmmm, Maybe, maybe not...Small Pox was eradicated all over the world.

Quoted from nwpinball:

It's not hypocritical, unless you buy into the idea that the other side's view is also valid and you don't think that anti-vaxxers put our health and economy at risk and help spread stronger variants. I don't consider anti-vaxxers to be the other side, they are fringe science deniers and conspiracy theorists. Is someone that thinks 2 + 2 = 5 just on the other side of a math equation?

Here is the best part...99% of the people in this discussion have had some sort of vaccine in the past. Every school in the US requires vaccination: Chicken Pox, Measles, Hepatitis, Polio...etc. but this one some how has all of this controversy attached to it.

#24142 2 years ago

This guy's death could have been prevented....he leaves behind a wife and an infant son.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scott-apley-chair-of-galveston-county-texas-gop-mocked-covid-days-before-he-died-of-virus

#24318 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. DeSantis will be able to hide behind the order as he tells his base about government over-reach.
He will get them whipped into a frenzy.

Funny...govt overreach when our hospitals are filling up. But dammit don't tell me to wear a mask, it's encroachment on my freedom

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Oh holy s:
Florida governor's office says state could withhold salaries of officials who enact school mask mandates
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/09/us/florida-desantis-school-mask-mandates/index.html

It's all about decentralized government, and empowering choice. till you try to govern your district differently...then he'll step in. This would be funny if people weren't dying.

#24427 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How long did it take to develop the polio vaccine?
How long did it take to administer the shots?
How long were the lockdowns to stop the spread of polio?

I for one hope you don't get the shot. Anyone this vehemently against it should be free to contract whatever variant that's out there. I guess you can be our placebo group.

#24531 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm amazed by how many people are allowing Dr. Youtube and Dr. Guy on Facebook I haven't Seen Since High School to affect the medical decisions they make for themselves and their families.
It's depressing to say the least, but probably at least a comment on how shitty our healthcare system is. If I didn't have good health care coverage I couldif afford, I'd probably be consulting with "NoSheeple25" on youtube on the reg as well.

Most of this misinformation can be traced to social media. The incubator of false information...Dr. Guy as you put it has a lot of followers who don't question or ask for proof. I mean let's face it, it worked well for tobacco companies and asbestos, lead co..etc. Just create a false opposing narrative and watch the case against you stall. Global warming will be a little harder to drive home...but same thing.

#24568 2 years ago

This is from my local news channel: But it's already been reported by all the big outlets

3 Broward county teachers dead +1 female volunteer from Covid in the last couple of days

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/13/4-broward-educators-with-covid-die-within-2-days-as-school-year-nears/

#24595 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

See, there’s one really major thing missing in the headlines. Remember, everyone posting it is blaming no masks in schools for the 4 teachers.
https://www.browardschools.com/cms/lib/FL01803656/Centricity/Domain/4/2021-22%20School%20Calendar%20color%20FINAL.pdf
School has been out since June 9 and doesn’t start back up until August 18.
Context means a hell of a lot, don’t some of you think?
Can we all agree that these 4 teachers had absolutely nothing to do with children not wearing masks in school? Seriously, why is the news going out of their way to insinuate they caught this at school in the headlines…..

You need to get off that Facebook conspiracy group....the headline is not insinuating that, 90% of the people know when the school year starts so I don't think the writer was trying to pull anything. 3 teachers and a school volunteer are dead because they were unvaccinated. Full stop.

your next post should be:
Fb is not a news source
Fb is not a news source
fb is not a news source
fb is not a news source
fb is not a news source x100

#24654 2 years ago

Alright....but what happens when they spread it to next 2 persons, let's just say one vaccinated person and one unvaccinated person? Is it the same result for both? No, the unvaccinated may die, the other may not even get sick.

#24694 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Life after Delta?
I've been wondering what life will be like after Delta peaks probably after Christmas towards beginning of summer similar to Alpha did if not sooner because of how fast the Delta spreads? When you look at other countries and their daily cases with Delta and how the Alpha variant came in waves up until its major peak around Christmas will Delta run its course also? If all the vaccinated, breakthrough vaccinated, and unvaccinated that get covid get to a certain percentage can Delta have no place to go and go away like Alpha was looking like it was about to before Delta came along?
Our biggest hope can be no variant comes along that is worse then Delta(I do know of the Lambda but not sure if its worse) and a variant forms that's weaker similar to what happen with the 1918 flu and how its still found in the make up of the flu today but much weaker. Can covid become like the common cold eventually?
Hypothetically if Delta never came along would we have won this battle?
Also to all that say I'm not getting vaccinated or go get vaccinated we are all in this together like one big science experiment whether you like it or not were all part of the statistics one way or the other.

Gosh, I'm hoping it peaks a lot faster than that, during Alpha we didn't have a vaccine now at least 55% of the population is vaccinated and some have natural immunity after catching it (we won't ever know the percentage) so hopefully it will peak a helluva lot faster than the Alpha variant. I'm also interested to know if the newest variants Kappa and Lambda can cause issues down the road. Dr. Gottlieb is on record saying he thinks Covid will move from a pandemic to endemic.

#24869 2 years ago

We need to update our dogma

239411847_10158252601057541_3741172529569650936_n (resized).jpg239411847_10158252601057541_3741172529569650936_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.