272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#9689 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Someone is dropping off a rollercoaster tycoon tomorrow am.

I'm sorry for your loss.

#10237 4 years ago

I see a lot of people quoting articles to justify their positions as though they were the gospel.

Now, think about an article you read about something you know about - say, pinball - and think of all the errors that you noticed in that article. Yet somehow all the other articles you read are totally fine.

Given that, maybe you shouldn’t trust these articles quite so blindly. And given that, maybe erring on the side of caution makes sense.

I’m glad some of you are prepared for others to die so you can go back to the beach and eat hamburgers. That’s very generous of you. I think I’ll stay home a bit longer, thanks.

#11851 4 years ago

The story of a couple of the people in this thread in three photos.

FECAC4DB-9D6D-4CD1-A53A-EECF278530AF (resized).jpegFECAC4DB-9D6D-4CD1-A53A-EECF278530AF (resized).jpeg25B769C9-D83E-4EE9-93A0-5DED6F2C0E7C (resized).jpeg25B769C9-D83E-4EE9-93A0-5DED6F2C0E7C (resized).jpeg7157884F-649E-4189-BBD0-4D290B6816C6 (resized).jpeg7157884F-649E-4189-BBD0-4D290B6816C6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12816 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ca some body tell me how those Michigan idiots manage to get into a courthouse with assault weapons? If I walked into either county courthouse or the Federal Courthouse across the packing any kind of heat, even a BB gun, I would be on the ground in handcuffs.

Apparently it’s totally legal to open carry like that in Michigan. I was really taken aback when I learned that. I had a group of friends who were all “why are intimidated by that?” Like it’s totally normal to just walk around with a mask and a rifle.

I decided to take a break from those friends.

2 months later
#16362 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess any of that stuff is possible but I think there is something to the benefits of hydroxychloroquine also.

Your “feelings” aren’t science.

#16546 3 years ago
301AADE1-2635-4F20-A21E-EAB9752CC79E (resized).jpeg301AADE1-2635-4F20-A21E-EAB9752CC79E (resized).jpeg
#16602 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

but most people

You can believe that for yourself but please don't speak for others. Everyone I know, absent a couple, take this seriously.

#16678 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Sadly, it’s just human nature

Funny, all the rest of the humans on the planet seem to be following guidelines...

1 week later
#17009 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Canada has 1/10th the population of the states, so if our numbers were close to the USA we’d be at 6500 new “cases” But we’re not. Because were wearing masks. The numbers don’t lie. It works and saves lives.

There is a fundamental difference between Americans and Canadians - we as a society believe in law and order and being good citizens. All you need to do is look at our folk heroes - Americans glorify the “Wild West” while our biggest heroes were the RCMP.

Sure we have a few nut jobs who don’t believe in masks due to the cultural transfers from the US but the vast majority of Canadians have a basic belief in following rules. Even our populist conservative premier in Ontario is following the advice of medical advisors.

It makes me so sad to see what’s happening to the US. All you have to do is wear a mask.

#17122 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

1,000 sq ft is palatial?

My whole 3-bed, 2-bath detached house is only 1,200 sq/ft. 25' x 160' lot. City livin'!

#17170 3 years ago

I have a technical question about the moderation here. It’s set to mod approval, but the above post was approved and then moderated? Why was it approved if it was going to be moderated?

#17392 3 years ago

My city of 3.2 million people reported 6 new cases of COVID yesterday.

You know why? Mandatory mask wearing indoors.

The message couldn’t be simpler yet Americans seem hell bent on being ignorant. “I have questions” and “I’m just saying” are hallmarks of trolls and science deniers.

#17457 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You get my dv for that last sentence about what constitutes a science denier, it so overpowers the absolutely good news and content that comes before it.

Then stop “asking questions” and “just saying” discussions in an attempt to troll or spread misinformation. Like our good friend Ron who keeps asking and talking about the flu even though it’s answered.

Wear a fucking mask.

1 month later
#18418 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here, and they make no mention of the protesters at all. Go figure.

Protestors wore masks.

1 week later
#18763 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I understand your point, however, you DID choose your field of work.

He's not complaining about wearing a mask, he's complaining about the idiots who complain about wearing a mask.

1 month later
#19706 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess to sum it all up you could say that I still respect this virus but I am tired of letting it control my life also.

Well, the thing is, the virus doesn't care if you're tired of it. You being sick of quarantine doesn't make it magically stop.

I'm sick of it, but nothing's changed.

1 month later
#20453 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

We have out fair share of idiots here. My friend just texted me that this bbq restaurant owner was arrested today after 4 days of opening to customers against orders.

What's the stupid part for this guy is his restaurant(s) - he has multiple locations - were making bank from takeout and delivery. This was all a stunt.

Also he's a rich asshole whose father owns the building his restaurant is in, and on top of that, he doesn't have a business license.

1 week later
#20602 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

We are all entitled to an opinion

I think that’s the real issue here - everyone thinks their opinion has value or is somehow equal or greater to others. It’s not. Some people’s opinions matter more because they are backed by facts and knowledge.

This idea that your opinion matters is how we end up with nearly 300,000 dead from a virus that can be blocked by a piece of fabric.

3 months later
#22205 3 years ago

My son was sent home yesterday because a classmate was diagnosed with COVID. For over a year I’ve been carefully avoiding everyone and everything and now that a vaccine is within a few weeks, we falter at the finish line.

Heading in to get tested today. I wish my government had got its shit together faster.

2 months later
#23123 2 years ago

Just got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday. Arm is more sore than the first shot.

Tomorrow we’re opening patios with way more restrictions than last year and people are celebrating like it’s over. Talk about frog in a boiling pot.

1 month later
#23858 2 years ago

I was planning on attending a car show in Carlisle, PA in August once the border opened again, but given the demographic of most car people and the fact that PA is basically ground zero for COVID now, I cancelled my hotel reservation. I'm fully vaxxed but my 6-year-old son is not and can't be, so it's not worth the risk so I can buy some car parts.

#24037 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My postponed tournament will be vaccine mandated in a couple weeks, this general trend will help make it more acceptable and quell the bitching from the vocal few.

My question to you, who is normally a level headed guy and spent a year being safe, is why the fuck wasn’t your first tournament a vaccinated-only event?

When I read that you had a tournament and a bunch of people, yourself included, got COVID, I was gobsmacked. Like, what the hell were you thinking?

1 month later
1 week later
#26174 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I can't go through your whole post. So much nonsense. Not looking to waste my time.

I love how he laid it all out perfectly and concisely for you, never called you names or said anything disparaging - just explained how you use straw man arguments with exact examples, and then you go on to a textbook deflection. Absolutely perfect, chef’s kiss!

Because you can’t refute it, you ignore and belittle it. Totally classic.

I know it’s a dream but I hope one day that such an explanatactually works and the person it’s directed at actually realizes what they’re doing and says so with an apology. But everyone knows that outcome is an impossibility, because that might mean the person was admitting to being wrong.

But we can all dream.

2 months later
#27521 2 years ago

I give up. There’s no reaching these people. If they were able to have real critical thinking abilities, they wouldn’t believe this nonsense in the first place.

There seems to be an infinite amount of cognitive dissonance to go around.

1 week later
#27780 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

Someone care to explain this? Starting to look more like “science” may have gotten ahead of itself again and is causing more issues than helping.
[quoted image]

Sigh.

It’s basic math. If you have 1,000 people and 100 are unvaccinated, then 50 of those get the virus while 70 of the vaccinated get it, technically more vaccinated people got it but only because there’s more vaccinated people.

For fucks sake, crack a book occasionally.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=jwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.