272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#7459 4 years ago

2 months later
#15299 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Story on Sweden says their liberal approach to dealing with Covid was not a success. Interesting read and seems well sourced to me. Beyond that I’ll admit I know nothing of the National post and its political leanings:
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/matt-gurney-sweden-took-a-gamble-on-covid-and-it-lost-the-bet-badly

Read some of the comments on this article:

Gib Cairns
5 DAYS AGO
Sweden did not fail.
Their hospitals were not overwhelmed and in the long run their rate of infection will be no different than any other country.
Very short-sighted piece of “journalism” here.

#15474 3 years ago

On the vaccine do you think the monkey testing will improve the odds of getting one sooner? I’m wondering how that’s going? I read where they have used a vaccine that prevents a monkey from getting it again after exposure over and over. That seems like a good measure for human trials since they can give monkeys the virus many times during sequential days. I don’t know how human trials work other than it’s performed over a long period of time. Do they just give someone a vaccine and tell them act as normal, no masks etc.?

2 weeks later
#16082 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've read once antibodies fall under a certain level, the test won't detect them. That can happen in just 2 or 3 months. Both our tests came back negative. We were both sick around that same time frame. Who knows?

C2AE9694-68DB-4129-8D72-EDDCFD193BAC (resized).jpegC2AE9694-68DB-4129-8D72-EDDCFD193BAC (resized).jpeg

Weeks not months so those of us who think we got it early will never know.

#16139 3 years ago

why is LA surging and spiking with covid cases when they have a mandatory mask regulation in effect for 7 weeks now?

#16372 3 years ago

Ok have at it. Discuss what’s wrong with this treatment:

#16579 3 years ago

Good post I found on another forum:

I had a meeting with two of the top pulmonologists in the country yesterday (not in FL) and they said the new cases they are seeing are younger and not needing ICU. They also said the most concerning thing is that they are now seeing some data that the virus may be airborne which means N95 masks and eye covering should be worn by all healthcare staff. They said the PPE situation is still a major issue but is no longer being reported.

Overall they both agreed that there is no stopping the virus at this point. It needs to run its course like it did in NYC. They turned me on to a few new studies showing 50-60% in NYC are showing antibodies. The only concern now is keeping enough capacity for all cases needing hospitalization. If hospitals get to 95% capacity then shut downs will be needed in that area for a few weeks then open back up. They also agreed without a doubt that masks slow the spread but again it needs to run its course so masks are just delaying the inevitable.

We all agreed that areas with little to no cases should not wear masks, once cases start spiking then masks should be worn, then if hospital capacity hits 95% short shutdowns are needed. This will allow us to get through this much quicker than full shutdowns and waiting for the vaccine. Also all agreed that the elderly and those with major health issues should be totally isolated until a vaccine is out. That totally sucks and I imagine many of these people would rather roll the dice.

#16605 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My dream scenario now is for touchless bathroom doors or removal. (Entrance and Exit doors)

A15F9DB2-627E-438D-96C4-05A2DED330E8 (resized).jpegA15F9DB2-627E-438D-96C4-05A2DED330E8 (resized).jpeg
#16791 3 years ago
#16843 3 years ago

Stay away from public restrooms:

This study implies the Covid aerosols are larger than those for influenza and that makes them more likely to be filtered by the surgical mask. Would larger aerosol particles be more or less impacted by greater relative humidity?

What we know is influenza spread plummets in the summer. Not only that but there is research claiming social distancing for Covid in late February shutdown the 2019-2020 flu season. All good.

So why have Covid infections persisted in high humidity states? And why has social distancing not crushed the Covid curve?

The logical answer is Covid infections do not spread the same way as influenza. The spread cannot be solely respiratory! If it were then we would have observed a discontinuity in the infection curve once mask policies went into effect. Such discontinuities are not apparent. Furthermore while distancing slowed Covid spread, it did not crush the curve. In fact the US states show two behaviors - there is classic pandemic burn out in the northeast. Elsewhere there is slow churn of the virus - it doesn't appear it will be stopped no matter the effort.

Perhaps a hint on the key infection source - there is a fishing boat in Argentina where the crew quarantined, tested negative, set out to sea for many weeks, and caught Covid. Was the head & tank fully clean when they left port? Maybe. But then what? How does one hide from a virus if it is anywhere and everywhere?

#16952 3 years ago

Since we are talking about Dr. Pino here’s a past clip where he thinks he got Covid in December. I also think I got it from staying in a hotel in the Orlando area in December.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqoPEeSaU3W1gbgMc_cYj9k2uiLnLQ

#17008 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Beyond the powers of mere mortals without resorting to Draconian measures which we have proven are more destructive to our Economy, or health and well being and long term survival than this coronavirus.

Like China where there are no real elections and the government controls everything without fear of being voted out.

6 months later
#21644 3 years ago

Everyone reacts differently to these shots. Probably why some people say they would never get a flu shot again because the one time they did it was worse than the real flu.

#21647 3 years ago

Here’s something interesting, if you’ve already had covid prior and the 2nd shot gives you a bad reaction maybe that’s why?? Hard to prove cause some people get mild covid symptoms but still good info to know.

I heard that its more common if you have actually already had a case of Covid. So your response will be exaggerated Just repeating a recent rumor from a healthcare professional.

#21688 3 years ago

The test cruises being offered up before they start doing cruises again are requiring all passengers have both shots.

1 week later
#21807 3 years ago

Studies of ivermectin will continue to be slow due to the no profit model for big pharmaceuticals. But they have tested it in South America and they are finding entire neighborhoods testing negative for covid that take it daily where a placebo in a nearby neighborhood having spiked positive covid results.

#21826 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Can you provide a link to this study? I'd like to take a look at it.
Thanks.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1123547&d=1612577031

Use of Ivermectin Is Associated With Lower Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019: The Ivermectin in COVID Nineteen Study

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33065103/

Scientific article in Chest Magazine, an esteemed medical journal which Pulmonologists read routinely.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/NSil15MibqlM/

#21847 3 years ago

Thoughts on this video:

https://ourtube.co.uk/v/7BDZAP

#21889 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

1 year ago ivermectin had great in vitro data from Australia vs Covid.
So overall- not snake oil IMO, but viable vs Covid? Don't know.

Agree with that. I do read about positive things happening with it but maybe not enough to justify its use. Another post I came across:

Just wanted to add to this thread as my wife has suffered post covid migraines for 42 days straight. After getting ZERO help from any of her physicians (including at John Hopkins) we were at wits end. Fortunately, my career in healthcare gave me the opportunity to find a physician willing to help. Every other physician prescribed Steroids, told her to just take Morton and Tylenol, or Suggested she enroll in studies that begin mid April! Not a single physician would prescribe ivermectin. They literally said no we won’t do it and it won’t help. I even demanded it and argued the benefit significantly outweighs the limited risk. They simply didn’t care. It was like they were told not to prescribe it. Responses were almost scripted.

Once I found someone that was willing, the CVS pharmacy told us they don’t have it, won’t get it, and can’t fill it! To say I was pissed off is an understatement. As a last resort I actually bought the Ivermectin for horses. We were actually going to take it, if we had to. Fortunately, we found a small mom and pop pharmacy that could fill the script.

I’m happy to report that 36 hours after her first day of Ivermectin 12mg, VD, and Zinc she is completely migraine free without any Motrin/Tylenol!

1 week later
#22031 3 years ago

I have a friend that got it last July and the dr told him after he got the antibody test to hold off on the shot. Amazingly his blood still has strong antibodies after all that time. You don’t hear about people being able to keep those antibodies going so long.

3 weeks later
#22298 3 years ago

Correct, a friend of mine got Covid before vaccinations were out and developed a serious blood clot.

#22336 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is there a test to see if your body has created antibodies?

Donate blood, our blood bank tests every time you do for free.

#22409 3 years ago

Yes for sure. My mall started accepting walk ups without an appointment for the first time today. Their parking lot was also almost empty.

2 weeks later
#22633 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmeds:

Only issue so far is I can't synch with my cell phone, it's not detecting any new devices. I'm guessing it's a compatibility issue between Apple iOs and the Windows OS in the Nanobots.

FA626024-4AD0-471A-9610-B0B8DAEF1502 (resized).jpegFA626024-4AD0-471A-9610-B0B8DAEF1502 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#23092 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

What’s the end game for people still downplaying COVID, trashing the vaccine, and shit talking Fauci?
Seriously would like an answer that helps me make sense of it.

423252ED-3CB3-4557-B969-D693D749F9DE (resized).jpeg423252ED-3CB3-4557-B969-D693D749F9DE (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#23255 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

"The most recent model finds that a Delta-like variant that's assumed to be 60% more transmissible than Alpha
"

I know it’s partly math but how do they get at the more transmissible data? It seems like each new strain is more transmissible than the last. At some point do you get 100% more and just walking by someone you get infected immediately?

2 weeks later
#23454 2 years ago

That CNN article that came out yesterday saying our existing 2 shots are weakening quickly seems suspect. Especially since some studies are saying we might have protection for quite a long time. On the original strain of course not mutations.

1 month later
4 weeks later
#25909 2 years ago

So what next? If we aren’t eligible to get a booster and with each month our percentage of protection goes down.

#25924 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

CVS and Walgreens probably will just take your word if you ask for a third dose.

Agree but that’s not helping our endgame. I would like to see them to focus on a delta shot instead of the 3rd same shot to get us closer to the end. Masking and social distancing is so depressing for who knows how long.

2 weeks later
#26212 2 years ago

Study from Israel: Pfizer vaccine’s immunity wears off after two months.

#26308 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Crunch Time.
I should not have to ask this but I am asking.
My 82 year old sister-in-law is in need of my chauffeuring skills for a 750 mile round trip. She has not been vaccinated. She will have another rider going along that I know nothing about with regards to vaccine.
I am vaccinated with Moderna.
Do I risk taking this trip or should I tell my sister-in-law she is on her own?
Thanks.

Correct me if I’m wrong but say everyone is tested negative trip starts and someone in your party is exposed along the way unknowingly. Approximately 4 days later starts to spread asymptomatic or not and you test positive. Hard to social distance traveling in a car.

#26365 2 years ago

I’m seeing less masking in stores around me and I’m not surprised but the worst of the worst people keep showing up at these businesses. Happened today to me. There is absolutely no excuse for someone who is actively coughing a lot to shop unmasked. Why after all this time do sick people with whatever is wrong with them continue go inside and not mask up? I get you have to shop but it takes no effort to cover up. Store employees have to be exposed to this all day.

1 month later
#27015 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My 22-year-old niece was one of the first women to give birth in the hospital while having COVID-19. This was before vaccines were available. I need to ask her what that was like. Mother and daughter are both fine now.

Pre Delta variant. Would be curious to know how difficult it was then versus now.

1 week later
#27285 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

[quoted image]

And another variant named based upon Star Trek

380701C7-1889-4154-A7FE-17B0162C3E7F (resized).jpeg380701C7-1889-4154-A7FE-17B0162C3E7F (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#28209 2 years ago

The CDC slashes estimates of omicron's prevalence in the U.S:

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/28/1068643344/cdc-omicron-covid-19-delta-revise-estimates

#28237 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, I see this behavior all the time with people sneezing and coughing.
I understand that people think it's an odd or gross sensation to keep the mask on while sneezing or coughing, but that's what the darn thing is there for
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"44723adfa342425f55f2e89993658a7832fcc312-1640900620-1800"};
//]]>

If you make a mess inside your mask, just put on another one. I'm sure most people have multiple masks at this point that they cycle through.

Agree. I’ve yet to see coughing people around me even wear a mask. I just don’t get why people actively coughing can’t put a mask on.

2 weeks later
#28709 2 years ago

Free test kits are available now:

https://special.usps.com/testkits

#28748 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This is just pathetic. Embarrassing Florida.

There’s more to the story we don’t know yet. Whistleblower found something serious. Regardless Dr Pino is a good guy. He thinks he got Covid in December 2019 like I thought I did before anyone knew it existed:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqoPEeSaU3W1gbgMc_cYj9k2uiLnLQ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=jimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.