272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1516 4 years ago

Does anyone know if/how Stern is impacted by the recent Illinois recommendations?

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Germany's chancellor Merkel tests positive after a visit to a doctor who also tested positive.

Source? All I can find is that she is in isolation.

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I do not know if it has been discussed yet, but since Stern and others are halting pinball production, I think the pinball manufacturing industry probably has the right equipment and skills set for manufacturing ventilators and respirators. Obviously they will need some help from federal gov't to retool and get set up, but figure it can happen fairly quick.

Lol! In true Stern fashion, if they do make ventilators, we’ll have to wait two years until the software to run them is finished ...

#2604 4 years ago
6AD145BB-648F-432B-9942-603067F36A63 (resized).jpeg6AD145BB-648F-432B-9942-603067F36A63 (resized).jpeg
#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never thought I'd say this, but for you guys in other parts of the country that have not seen one of Gavin Newsom's "this is what we need to do, this is what we are going to do" speeches over the last week or two, IMO, that is how you get things done.

Newsom’ s press conferences are good, but Cuomo’s are awesome. Calm, direct, informative. No B.S.
And then there are those led by the country’s latest press secretary. :/

#4106 4 years ago

A must watch video:

#4421 4 years ago

Catchy song parody:

#4543 4 years ago
240E7CA6-3DAA-40C9-A486-B34735329CF1 (resized).jpeg240E7CA6-3DAA-40C9-A486-B34735329CF1 (resized).jpeg
#4792 4 years ago

In normal times hot dog math is hard with 6 hot dogs in a package and 8 rolls in a package.
Now it’s even tougher with Candid Camera moments like this.
63A1985D-02A2-44FB-A99E-3B330E680271 (resized).jpeg63A1985D-02A2-44FB-A99E-3B330E680271 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

All I know is if I had Covid19 and was hospitalized, I would want and request the three drug cocktail being discussed. Maybe it wouldn't and doesn't work for some but I think the potential upside outweighs the risk for many.

This is exactly why the President’s obsessive cheerleading is harmful.

I would want and request the best treatment possible as determined by my doctor and medical team and I don’t want them to waste valuable time telling me why an unproven crapshoot is most likely not a logical treatment option. What the President, Navarro and others don’t ever point out are the very serious side effects possible with the doses involved. The potential upside may indeed outweigh the risk for some but to claim “many” is simply wishful thinking at this point.

#8544 4 years ago

Went out earlier today for the first time in two weeks to drive the cars/charge the batteries. Sadly surprised at the number of cars on the road. Didn’t look much different to me then what used to be normal traffic. I did my 20 minutes per car and that was it.

Unless this was “drive your car day Colorado”, it was not a good sign.

#8794 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Apply this to your personal lives and not just TV doctors. ...
No offense to our Pinside doctors but I'll bet they have colleague stories they might vent during Happy Hour.

I’m not a doctor, but I played one on TV.

http://scrubs.justbecauseican.com

#9697 4 years ago

Happy Easter. Stay Safe.

92187E5F-3760-4B1C-9E5D-4A6776700A3F (resized).jpeg92187E5F-3760-4B1C-9E5D-4A6776700A3F (resized).jpeg
#10619 4 years ago

Apparently the “Get My Payment” ap from the IRS is having major problems. Massive number of reports of people getting the following error from the site with no information available as to what it actually means. Can’t see any pattern based on reports on reddit, Twitter and other sites.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

42A667DB-1099-4DAB-871D-2B2C6FB22E6F (resized).jpeg42A667DB-1099-4DAB-871D-2B2C6FB22E6F (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#12709 3 years ago
2859CA0C-8EEA-4DDE-B76B-226B96AB1979 (resized).jpeg2859CA0C-8EEA-4DDE-B76B-226B96AB1979 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#14852 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Perhaps the no-mask folks have already had the disease? As time goes on we have to realize an increasing number of people will have put this thing behind them.

Most of the no-mask people screaming about their liberty being infringed don’t strike me as the types that would go get an antibodies test to see if they have had and resolved the virus ... and an amazing number don’t seem to understand that the masks are primarily for the protection of others.

2 weeks later
#15332 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I read that a few days ago along with it is very hard to transmit the virus if you are asymptomatic.

That was the incredibly poorly worded article quoting the WHO official. There was a correction (yesterday?) that was more confusing than the original story. But the net outcome was that statement should not be treated as fact.

#15354 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This isnt the Spanish flu guys.

No, it’s worse and we have the information needed to reduce exposure and minimize risk to others. Unfortunately, too many believe they are immune or need to do anything for anyone but themselves.

#15569 3 years ago
7BC11C8E-AA84-4C9C-9784-0C540F331D9E (resized).png7BC11C8E-AA84-4C9C-9784-0C540F331D9E (resized).png
2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#16891 3 years ago

Today Colorado Governor Polis signed a state wide order requiring masks or face coverings in all public indoor spaces, unless an individual has a medical condition where wearing a mask would put them at risk.

Unfortunately he did not clarify that ignorance and stupidly are not medical conditions ...

2 weeks later
#17559 3 years ago
813DDDAC-A414-4562-AFDC-275B71F95824 (resized).jpeg813DDDAC-A414-4562-AFDC-275B71F95824 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#18939 3 years ago

Trump and Melania test positive for Covid-19 and have quarantined at the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/politics/trump-covid.html?referringSource=articleShare

#18985 3 years ago

For ‘an abundance of caution’ President going to Walter Reed Medical Center ‘for the next few days’

ABC news, Washington Post.

Going by Marine One (helicopter), not motorcade.

Waiting for Trump to emerge from the White House.

1 month later
#19961 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

So it’s November 4th. COVID has disappeared right?

Yeah. Daily count over 100000, but government using 5 digit Bally displays so they show 00000.

#20069 3 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

The Biden street rallies the last two days have not been sufficiently masked and nowhere near socially distanced. The media's not helping, either - - the same CNN that complained about similar Trump rallies has totally ignored the super-spreading risk of the Biden supporters. That's completely irresponsible. Dumbass crowds are dumbass crowds no matter who's in them.

Absolutely agree on your mask manufacturing point.

But CNN, especially Jake Tapper, pressed back hard on on the victory rallies yesterday over and over, bemoaning the lack of social distancing despite the very high percentage of mask wearing.

#20074 3 years ago
5CC710FB-30F0-422E-8D17-09F9D3577A8C (resized).jpeg5CC710FB-30F0-422E-8D17-09F9D3577A8C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#20727 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We can count down those 100 days and have a national "mask off day" when the time comes. Figure it's going to be late April, perhaps the beginning of May. I'm sure there will be a lot of people holding him to his exact words.

No, because the very people that would take part in a national “mask off” day won’t be wearing them in the first place.

1 month later
#21545 3 years ago

It sounds like the government should set up vaccination sites at Waffle Houses ...

1 month later
#22086 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

So when you get your shot are they giving out some kind of card or dog tags? Or are we all on the honor system now and just trust everyone that says they got a shot. I saw some dude at the grocery store today bitching about having to wear a mask and he was going on and on about getting his 2nd shot this past Friday (2 days ago) and it’s now Sunday.

I think everyone is supposed to get a standard CDC card titled “Covid 19 Vaccination Record Card”. Name, birthdate, patient record at top; four lines (1st Dose/2nd Dose/Other/Other) and columns for Mfg/Lot number, date of shot and provider info. Don’t remember what’s on the back.

My wife has our cards because she is afraid I’d lose mine. We were thinking of laminating them in case they are needed as proof but haven’t because of the possibility additional booster shore nay be needed in the future. In any event, these are paper cards which can/will be easily forged by yahoo’s that would rather take the time to do so rather than just get the shots.

3 weeks later
#22324 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is not good. I figured since I was vaccinated, that I could still get infected. But I thought dying was not supposed to be part of the package.

Unfortunately many who get vaccinated are going to assume they don’t have to continue social distancing and masking and we’ll see more and more infections despite vaccinations. And a vaccine that’s 90% effective isn’t going to help those in the 10% group ...

#22333 3 years ago

Is there a test to see if your body has created antibodies?

3 months later
#24382 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978: Children aren’t the target of covid. These school lockdowns have been disastrous for the kids.
Since it’s pretty obvious that masks don’t stop the spread and children aren’t the ones catching this, irrational lockdowns of schools shouldn’t be taken out on the children.

Never seen so much ignorance packed into three sentences.

1 month later
#26030 2 years ago

Thoughts please.

My wife and I fully vaccinated (Moderna; she just had a booster shot).

We are going to an indoor show (essentially a one man show) in Denver where proof of full vaccination or negative test is required for entry and will both be wearing N95 masks. Don’t know how good the theater’s ventilation system is. Show appears to be almost sold out. How concerned should I be for 2-2.5 hours?

2 weeks later
#26287 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My 82 year old sister-in-law is in need of my chauffeuring skills for a 750 mile round trip. She has not been vaccinated. She will have another rider going along that I know nothing about with regards to vaccine.
I am vaccinated with Moderna.
Do I risk taking this trip or should I tell my sister-in-law she is on her own?

Unless you are driving a convertible with the top down the whole way, no.

1 week later
#26408 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

He also had cancer which would compromise his immune system.

And Parkinson’s. He was in serious condition and then caught Covid.

#26409 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And what kind of cancer did he have…….
The answer is very important.

It’s not that important but it was multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer

#26412 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When I first read it this morning, the articles completely left out the part of him having cancer.
Just being reported that he caught covid and died from it.
Why should news bother with honesty? It’s get in the way.

You obviously need better news sources.

I saw multiple articles very early and cancer was mentioned in all of them. One did have a “died of Covid” headline but cancer was mentioned as an underlying condition in the article. The Parkinson’s wasn’t referenced until later updates.

1 week later
#26489 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I got my Moderna booster 4 hours ago, and I’m not feeling any effects at all yet - knock on wood. I try to avoid getting 2 vaccinations at once, though I have no scientific reason for that.

Wait a bit. Bet your arm is sore tomorrow.

1 month later
#27428 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

"1,223 in total, carried a fatal outcome."

You cannot tell me these are safe or effective any longer.

Raw numbers out taken out of context mean nothing. Remind me - how many would have died without the vaccine?

#27445 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

you cannot call this safe and effective when it not only has been known to cause injuries and death but also doesn’t stop the sickness, spread or mutation of the virus in vaccinated individuals.

The mutation of the virus won’t stop until enough people are vaccinated which seems less and less likely given the number of people that flat out refuse to get vaccinated.

You clearly don’t understand the purpose of the vaccine and if you expect every medication to have zero chance of adverse impacts for every single person you have a remarkably naive understanding of science, chemistry and environmental factors.

1 week later
#27745 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'd have to be batshit crazy to willingly live somewhere that wants to fine people $1,000 for not wearing a mask amirite?

What difference would it make if you wear a mask while in public?

1 week later
#28017 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Nothing has changed in my world

Ignorance is bliss.

Or, since you are a self-proclaimed conspiracy theorist, perhaps it’s just paranoia.

It’s amazing how some can spend so much energy complaining about the pandemic response while kicking and screaming against doing anything to reduce the spread of Covid or it’s potential to impact their own health. Good masks properly worn offer demonstrable protection yet so many don’t bother because they are selfish or misinformed.

I’m tired about reading stories about “oh it’s not so bad. I only know a few people that have gotten sick” or “please gofundme because my unvaccinated husband died after insisting he couldn’t have Covid”. The worst are those that refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated and then bitch that the pandemic isn’t over already or that the government isn’t doing enough to stop it.

#28027 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I don’t wear a mask because I’m not sick and the onus is on you to protect yourself not me to protect you. Do you wear an N95 or better?

I have since about July when I could reasonably get verified N95 masks. As far as I know, I have not had Covid yet. But asymptomatic people generally don’t know when or if they had it, hence the term.

The “not my responsibility to protect you” just shows that you are selfish. Masks protect the wearer and those around them (and you could reasonably argue that masks protect others more than yourself).

“Stop the Spread” referred to masking and social distancing long before the vaccines were available. Masking, social distancing and vaccination is a three leg stool of protection. Having all three legs on your stool doesn’t mean you won’t fall off, it just makes it far less likely. Take any of the legs away and your stool becomes a whole lot more dangerous. Masks aren’t the end all solution nor are vaccines. But if you aren’t masking or aren’t vaccinated you are absolutely part of the problem not the solution.

As for anyone being “fine” spreading Covid - the only ones I know promoting that are the quacks that want to see everyone infected so we can kill Covid with true natural immunity.

Breakthrough infections were rare. Not so much anymore because enough people don’t care about anyone but themselves while the virus keeps spreading and mutating. Because of that the monoclonal treatments (save one) are no longer effective and we have a far more transmissible variant changing the landscape.

#28086 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

when I am no more a threat in spreading this disease than someone who is vaccinated.

Wrong. And it’s even worse if you don’t wear an N95 mask. If you’re not vaccinated you wear an N95 when you go out, right? I’m guessing not.

As for weighing your pros and cons - go read up on the impacts of long Covid. I don’t want Covid but I sure as hell don’t want long Covid. Age and fitness level? Already an old wives tale. Practically irrelevant. Hundreds, maybe thousands of young and fit adults decided they didn’t need the vaccine were buried in the last two years.

And you’re not stupid for not wanting to take the vaccine if you are significantly immunocompromised. If you aren’t then we are back to selfish and/or misinformed.

#28099 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

So I tried researching it. Long covid can be included as something I am not afraid of.
"Long Covid less common than feared" - ONS study - https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58584558
"The Dubious Origins of Long Covid" - https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dubious-origins-of-long-covid-11616452583
"The Myth of ‘Long COVID’" - https://spectator.org/long-covid-myth/
Funny I know around 30 people at least that have had and recovered from covid and not one of them including my friend who was on a vent for 3 weeks has had what would be classified as "long covid". Does it happen? Sure but I'm more concerned with the long term effects of mRNA therapy than I am "long covid".
Also how many people you know that actually wear an N95? I never see them (I wasn’t even allowed on the plane with mine!) not to mention most available are the respirator style which only filters on the intake not the breath out so again you’re not saving anyone aside from yourself even if you do wear one. Though Razer has a pretty cool one that filters both in and out now which is neat.

I give up. You are unreachable. Stay safe.

1 week later
#28546 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Another one bites the dust.
https://news.yahoo.com/qanon-star-said-only-idiots-194553934.html
"A leading QAnon promoter who urged both her followers and strangers she passed on the street not to take the COVID vaccine died Thursday of the coronavirus, making her just the latest vaccine opponent killed by the disease."
Her legacy:
" In the face of these deaths, their surviving friends and supporters have started to allege that the dead QAnon figures are being murdered, either because they were refused internet folk remedies like ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, or because they were killed by the deep-state to cover up their conspiracy theories.
"In December, Kuzma and a number of other conspiracy theorists were sickened with COVID-like symptoms after appearing together at a conference. Rather than acknowledge that they had COVID, the far-right influencers suggested they had been targeted by an anthrax attack."
[quoted image]
At least she did not turn into a 4 month long coma sucking up hospital resources paid for by Uncle Sugar.

The really scary (unhinged?) part is this:

“After Weldon’s death, her QAnon allies threatened to pursue violent action against staff at the hospital where she died. Scott McKay, a QAnon personality known as the “Patriot Streetfighter,” said he would publicize the names of doctors and nurses involved in treating Weldon, saying he wanted to “put the fear into these medical professionals” in a Telegram post. McKay proposed the hospital staff be sentenced to death, or be murdered in vigilante violence.

“If it’s not done in a military tribunal then it’s going to be done in the street eventually and not to my wishes,” McKay wrote. “That’s my greatest fear. But if it’s necessary, it’s going to be necessary.”

Whatever your position is on vaccination this is simply repugnant.

1 week later
#28672 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

NJ cases are down 50% in the past 2 weeks.
The virus is running out of people to infect.

Unfortunately people are also getting reinfected after they recover.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.