272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#7181 4 years ago

Wow. I see nothing has changed here. Surprise

Time to provide some perspective and facts again! Lol. Nvm

Doomsday, it’s game over people

#7187 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yay! Ice is back to tell us we are all stupid and overreacting and that 200k Dead is a “great job.”
We missed you ice!
Stay safe buddy!

Survival of the fittest brother

200k is fake news. 3500 in NY city

Gotta learn to live with it

How many in US? Better stop dropping a lot faster to get to 200k

Many More businesses Are dying every day

#7193 4 years ago

Btw, planning for death is part of life.

I did a bunch of Wills and Trusts last week for the procrastinators

I suggest you guys get your estate planning done. Especially you Levi

#7195 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Good to see you back Ice but man...watch out for that koolaid.

Hey I ain’t the one drinking the Jonestown kool aid Oak

#7202 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Oh, they are:
[quoted image]

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

8100 in the USA, 3500 in NYC

We would need to see about 3,000 per day for the next 60 days to get there

Thinking it won’t come close but you guys believe what you want

Numbers don’t add up

#7204 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I may die! Lol! So funny!

Yes you might. That’s what estate planners do

You might die of a many number of things. Who knows when it’s our time to go! Even though you don’t strike me as being in the “at risk” pool for the virus being in NYC of 8 million people still a good thing to do

Better to be prepared. Just
Saying

#7209 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

For you Iceman44:[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t trust projections. Always skewed for the worst case scenario BUT Ok

90k by then? Scroll down to the “health care” stats for all kinds of other deaths significantly higher

Economy needs to reopen and we can learn to live with it like everything else

People need to envision 30-60 days out

I know it’s tough with the doomsday 24/7 media fighting to outdo each other but good news is coming. Have a little faith!

#7214 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It's called exponential growth. The big numbers come closer to the end. Ya dont just level off.

What happened in China and South Korea?

You do “flatten the curve” and then decline

It’s called the law of large numbers

#7275 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Well, people can get pissed. I’m not wearing a mask to go grocery shopping. Next thing you know, they’ll be taking body temp scans at the door.
I get that people are dying. It’s a shitty virus. But I think it’s starting to get blown out of proportion...

Another voice of reason! Starting to? Lol

Lowe’s and Home Depot parking lots packed in my area

So are other “essential” service places

Highlight of the day was waiting in line at Chick F La for food. No masks or gloves for servers at drive through. Gave a nice tip as usual

God bless em

#7277 4 years ago

If YOU are sick, don’t go out

If YOU are at risk don’t go out

Wash your hands

Whether anyone likes it or not we are headed to the “personal responsibility” mode of operating sooner than later

“Be careful Barbara, they are coming for you!”

#7290 4 years ago

Currently, the death rate is 9 people per million in the USA.

There are 111 deaths in Texas out of 30 million people

3500 in NY due to the density of people and mass transit. California with 38 million people, not so much

The extremely HIGH likelihood is that IF you aren’t “at risk” YOU will NOT die from this virus

Sorry to give you some positive news but it’s just a fact

#7291 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

If you don't have to be out, don't go out.
This virus is spread by asymptomatic carriers as well as people who are feeling ill.
You can take personal responsibility for your mother, father and older family members all you want. Stay the hell away from mine.

Tell YOURS like I tell MINE to stay the heck home!!!

Get that one?

#7293 4 years ago

That's a great idea except when they need to go get groceries. Then people like you are out there when you don't need to be and may be spreading it.

Sorry, that’s irresponsible on their part

My 81 parents have grocery delivery.

THEY need to stay home. That’s the problem for “at risk” people!!!!

Still running around to grocery stores, Home Depot and Lowe’s.

#7297 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Sorry this isn't a "glass half full" kinda thread. Good news is they arrested some guy in a paddle boat of the coast of LA spreading the virus to himself.

Yeah well I get it

To your point, get your Wills done then

#7302 4 years ago

You're not telling us anything we don't already know.
Here's the real question, are you saying you are willing to sacrifice someone else's life to preserve your what, income? Ability to go to Lowe's?
Exactly what are you willing to sacrifice someone else's mom or grandmother for? How many people are you willing to sacrifice? 1? 10? 100? What's the line for to preserve your personal way of life? Is it too much to ask that you inconvenience yourself for 30 days to save someone's life? 60? How much inconvenience is it for you to just wear a mask in public?

Yes. When does it end? When you say it’s over? And no I don’t have a mask or toilet paper because I didn’t hoard from the people that actually need it.

There will be sacrifices made, it’s already monumental with regard to stress, anxiety, loss of jobs, suicide, alcohol and drug abuse etc

#7305 4 years ago

When does it end? I don't know yet.
Is it too much to ask you to stay the hell home at least until we stop exponentially increasing cases and deaths each day? How bout we start there?

Yes it is too much. I am part of the “essential service industry”

Where do you live?

#7309 4 years ago

When does it end? I don't know yet.
Is it too much to ask you to stay the hell home at least until we stop exponentially increasing cases and deaths each day? How bout we start there?

You worry about taking care of yourself. How about we start there?

As long as YOU stay home you have nothing to worry about

#7312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I sure hope you didn't meet with them in person, and if you did, I hope you disclosed your personal negligence philosophy prior.

Like I said, I’m part of “essential service”

Tax returns etc. Most people don’t come in. Some do. A lot of Zoom meetings

I had one guy wearing a mask and gloves last week. He’s protecting himself

Most of my staff is at work, although I made it optional for them to work at home. A few do

#7313 4 years ago

Sorry, I can't because I have to worry about taking care of all the people who come into my office and into my hospital sick as shit because of idiots who think this is all "fake news". I have to worry about them first. I also have to worry about whether I am bringing this home to my family every night because I see patients every day who have COVID symptoms and send them for testing.
But hey, don't let any of that get in the way of your mulch buying at Lowe's.

Don’t worry I won’t worry one iota

And btw, I’ve had an emergency room doc in last week along with 3 or 4 other Docs the week before

I have a nurse client that has seen TWO patients, one that recovered and one that had underlying conditions and also recovered

Btw, I glad you have a job to do. Many families have NOTHING right now and are struggling

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I mean, this has been said a billion times already but...It ends when we have a vaccine. We limit the speed of the spread by staying inside and showing restraint and self control. Right, now you may have or have not be infected. Maybe you’ll infect others and family while feeling fine for up to 2 weeks. There’s just to many unknowns.

That’s not true. A vaccine will be great, along with the therapeutics and other drugs that are currently helpful in treating the virus.

We still have to live life, have an economy to go back to, in no way shape or form can the economy wait to restart until a vaccine is approved next year

All these people say “I don’t know when”. The “when” part is coming very soon as the medical system gets built up to handle the cases like NYC

The economy will restart soon, like it or not. 30 days, 45 days whatever. It’s coming in that timeframe. China is back to work almost 100%

Or they will be nothing left to pay for anything

#7323 4 years ago

Why isn’t there the same outrage every year for the tens of thousands that die from the ordinary flu virus, drug overdose, cancer, alcohol abuse, diabetes, abortion, etc etc?

That’s why we have Doctors and a medical system right?

And drug companies?

#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

if our leaders worldwide had have listened to the people who know and not had their collective heads up their ass or a head so big it can't fit thru the door we wouldn't be in near as bad a shape as we are now. They all had notice, but lacked the will to do what was needed until it was way too late. Now we ALL suffer the consequences

Where was Dr Fauci and Dr Birx and the rest of the medical community when it first started ?

You heard the answer.

Sorry but this isn’t the world I’m living in

You guys need to find some faith and hope

In the meantime, the world economy has to survive despite it sounding crass and insensitive

#7335 4 years ago

Yes, tens of thousands of people die every year from the flu. EVERY YEAR.
Coronavirus has killed 8,400 people in the last 20 DAYS. It will likely kill another 10-20,000 in the next 20 DAYS.
Wake up.

It is what is.

I’m woke to it

And “at risk” people need to take precaution!!!

Btw, I wouldn’t feel emboldened by the same crew that up votes you every time. It’s very predictable

#7339 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I think you missed my point but that’s not surprising. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and leave it at that.

Gee thanks. Hoping you get your arcade up soon

What about guys like poor Lloyd too?

Can’t have a myopic view on this

#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I bought my ACDC off of Iceman. Spoke with him on the phone quite a bit and it was a great deal, everything was as described. He's a good dude. Polarizing as hell and a total shit stirrer yeah, but a good dude who is a lot smarter than everyone thinks.
In this particular scenario however I'm gonna have to heed the good doctor's advice and not my tax attorney's.

Well Gryzz, thx for the kind words, you are in Indiana and I’m quite sure I’ll see you on the other side of this!

We should be good Gryzz, alcohol kills a virus!

From experience, Docs are terrible business people and def not economists. That’s ok, they do their JOB

We still have to have a world to go back to and it can’t take more than the 30-60 days UNLESS the health community is also all of a sudden economy experts

And they are NOT. Thus, we have to figure out how to chew gum and walk at the same time

Soon

#7351 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I don't think you get it...THIS will happen regardless. We can shut down the machine for a limited time....now....less people will die.... or this virus will shut us down and many more will die. best of 2 bad choices.

I don’t think most people get it.

30-60 days shut down to prop up the health care system with people and supplies and then it’s back to work.

That’s how it has to be from an economic standpoint. It’s just that simple

Some people will continue to die as a result and life will go on

Does anyone think a worldwide depression would be good for anyone? Parents, kids, grandkids?

Come on, use some common sense

#7358 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You can't force a good economy in this situation:

You can’t crush it either with panic and chaos

It’s astounding to me all of the people here that have families don’t see what has to happen to get to the other side economically

Starting in July, we will see the biggest recovery in history, not my words, the negative Goldman Sachs crew and others

Have the ability to look past these next 30-60 days. Life will get MUCH better!!

Like it was the last 30-60 days

What good does it do anybody to sink into anxiety and depression over this?

Life will go on soon

#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Moderators, can we get a "sociopath spreading dangerous misinformation and/or lies" tag for reporting please? And a permanent thread eject if said person receives enough votes?
I'd really like to come here to learn about the coronavirus instead of having to wade through a small number of relentless sociopaths who can't take a hint despite literally hundreds of downvotes and rational people like actual doctors trying to set the record straight.
It's going to get people killed. It's not funny or entertaining, and it's on a par with shouting fire in a theater.

We live in a democracy man.

No need to over dramatize things.

I’m pointing out the economic reality of life

That simple. And I don’t appreciate the personal attacks because of it

#7404 4 years ago

You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

#7409 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I can appreciate that. We all feel nostalgic that way. Change is upsetting. It’s the unknown. I just think you’re going way overboard with this mad max stuff. I also think part of our problem as a society is nostalgia for smoking doobies without a care in the world while a very large part of the world lives in poverty or oppression. I’m part of that problem. in unheard I hearts I want to fix it. Maybe this is the opportunity.
Frankly, I couldn’t care less if Wal-Mart and Amazon (And so many others) and their respective cultures survive this. But that’s just me.

Sorry TFA but your world view ain’t gonna happen brother

#7416 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Seriously mods. Why was this moderated, but Iceman and PinJim haven’t been?

For what, an opinion that you don’t like?

Hope and optimism?

#7419 4 years ago

#perspective

Common sense

Hope

Facts

#7431 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Havent u figured out that many on this thread don't like hope and optimism...they would rather stay home and watch CNN and listen to NPR all day....

Man I’m just trying to overcome the wall of worry and chaos with some simple truth and economic reality.

It’s all gonna be good

People are gonna die. Maybe I’m predisposed to death because I plan for it with my clients every day. And I go to plenty of client funerals every year. The kids and grandkids carry on the legacy

Have a little faith people

#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The ONLY people talking about "end of the world" are the people who think it's the end of the world that Appelbee's is going to be closed all summer.
THEY are the ones who are overreacting, not the people who want to listen to the likes of Dr. Fauci.
Just keep with your strawman nonsense if it makes you feel better, it's not going to change anything and it's not going to end this any quicker.

Brother Levi, the virus is gonna end when it ends, May, June, July?

The economy is gonna get back and life is going back to normal soon enough despite that

It’s not a choice. Stress, anxiety and job loss is also not a way of life.

30-60 days to get health care system propped up so they can do their jobs properly and then we have to move on with life

I have great confidence in the extraordinary people working on this issue to defeat and tamp it down. You should too

#7447 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

OK I get it you are trying to wind people up. I know you can't believe this.

Seriously? Of course i do believe this 1000%

I’m not living in a world of doom and gloom

I see South Korea and China going back to work.

We have to do the same.

How about some positive approach amidst all the chaos?

It’s gonna get better, much better over the next 30 days

Australia has reported 30 deaths. Where are you coming from?

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do I sound stressed to you? I'm not. I'm not stressed about the economy. I'm not stressed about the virus. Im taking life EXTREMELY easy right now and that's exactly what everybody else should be doing.
The people tilting at windmills trying to convince us all this is a nothingburger and we should sacrifice potentially hundreds of thousands of people for the sake of "the economy" and what happened to Ryan White seem a lot more stressed to me.

Good for you Levi, still should get a Will done

“Hundreds of thousands”? Seems like fear mongering not based on facts

3500 in NY, 8500 US?

#7462 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What were those stats a week ago?
And the President himself said a few days ago without the measures we are putting in place, there could be over 2 million deaths. Is he fear mongering?

Actually that graph came from the Fauci and Birx model

The health care “experts”. That’s all

That number by them was ridiculous imo along with the moving target of 200k

Need a lot more people dying to get to that model by the end of May

#7505 4 years ago

Let me tell you about some of the patients/client I serve on a daily basis.

Husband lost his job at the beginning of this crisis and found another one at a bank in Oklahoma starting next week. The wife is pregnant with their first child and he will have to commute back and forth until the situation gets better.

Pilot for SW airlines was contemplating retirement so he and his wife could spend more time with kids and grandkids. Now he is hoping they don't get furloughed and there is an airline industry to go back to in the near future. Same story for a few other SW pilot clients of mine.

My best friend and law professor died of a stroke last year as he was heading into retirement to spend time with his kids and grandkids. A terrible life tragedy.

Grandmother who has been dependent on generating "interest income" for monthly living expenses has seen interest rates drop to next to nothing. That story is overwhelming.

Small business owners, including doctors, lawyers, engineers, you name it, wondering how they are going through this to the other side economically.

So many people getting close to retirement wondering if they will be able to keep their jobs and ever retire.

It's devastating economically for so many people on every level.

It's a short term disaster that we will all get through.

The way forward for the living is so important for us all.

#7508 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Today marks 8452 covid-19 deaths in the USA.
4 days ago is was 4053.
If this pace holds, by Easter Sunday it will be over 30k

208 deaths in Canada thus far.

#7509 4 years ago

Just putting this here for reference in two weeks.
I cannot believe you are citing China and South Korea getting back to work. You know WHY they are getting back to work? Because they shut their countries down. In China during the outbreak you were ARRESTED for stepping out of your home without papers and a mask.
Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea. Clearly we can't rely on the responsibility of Americans to do the right thing. Have to have some more dollars to buy that next Stern LE I guess.

Sorry, we don't live in a communist society Doc, its a TERRIBLE idea, we aren't ever going to surrender personal freedoms in this country at any cost. LOL

Get a grip on the numbers and facts. I don't think you understand either. But i hope the best for you.

#7511 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Yup, it's chilling. We are at over 13k cases across Canada, which is where USA was on March 19th. We are extremely lucky to have the extra lead-in time and we hope flattening the curve will help turn the tide. We will need a few more days of data to see the kind of impact. fingers crossed...
Another local story, and sadly no Wu-Tang Clan are involved this time: Covid confirmed at a major local hospital, and no one knows the point of infection. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/covid-19-ottawa-hospital-civic-campus-outbreak-1.5522246

I hope so Cait, life will go on when the panic and fear subsides soon.

You have lots of space and a lack of a density in population or mass transit which seems to be a big negative like in NYC.

Hang in there.

#7515 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

We have "snowbirds". Lots of older people in Canada do winter in the American South, like Florida. We're all holding our breathe to see what the impact of that particular migration will have. No telling how many abided by the "quarantine for 14 days" directive upon return.

We have a lot of Canadians that come to South Texas as well. Port Aransas and South Padre. Those areas have been shut off recently except for residents but we always welcome the "snowbirds" down south!

#7523 4 years ago

There are 7.8 Billion people worldwide

As of last count there are about 64k reported deaths worldwide, 8500 in the US.

Think about the ramifications economically around the world of a total shutdown like we are experiencing for much longer.

We in the US and Canada will survive it, developing countries and that population that rely on worldwide trade will be devastated the longer it goes on. Mexico, South America?

Don't care? Hopefully not.

#7525 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I can't believe people are still saying it's just affecting the elderly or those with underlying health issues. Yeah they are at higher risk but unfortunately there are plenty of examples of younger and otherwise healthy people dying as well.

"Plenty of examples"? How many? What are the statistics when you say that.

#7529 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We have a little bit in common. I don't trust Wall Street analysts whose only mantra is " this stock is a buy. It will only go up". And then when it tanks to $2.00 per share they finally say "sell" but only very quietly on page 6 below the fold.

Exactly, can't trust any model generated by anyone with an agenda, and anyone that hasn't figured out that "Wall Street" is really running things right now then they don't understand reality.

#7532 4 years ago

Then that sucks. Normal is no masks, no tests, no ventilators, no plan, no nothing. Nada. Who in their right minds would want to go back to “normal”?

"Next time" after all this panic and chaos, despite ignoring it for Zika, Sars, Ebola, we will be much better "prepared" as a nation and world.

I guarantee you NYC will be with all your masks, tests and ventilators. Then again, that's up to the Mayor and Governor going forward.

#7536 4 years ago

Please read your articles Doc, "the risk of dying is in the older population"!

That's the ENTIRE point here. Those "at risk" of DYING. Not getting the flu virus.

You can't extrapolate a few people to 7.8 Billion worldwide.

There is a HUGE number of "coronavirus deaths" that also are the result of co-morbidity such as heart disease, diabetes, heart attacks etc.

Why is it that people can't see the obvious?

#7539 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you look at what I said, I also agree that the elderly and those with health issues were at higher risk. But others are also dying that dont fit that category.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/dj-conrad-buchanan-coronavirus-death/index.html

One person? With unknown underlying conditions?

If people are going to freak out over that ratio to the total population then there really is no hope.

#7544 4 years ago

https://www.britannica.com/event/Asian-flu-of-1957

My 81 yr old parents survived the Asian flu back in college. Killed an estimated 1-2 million people.

Here we are today. Somehow made it through.

#7549 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I really hope you are right, but so far your prognostications have not exactly been of the steller variety.

I'm about hope and optimism. Not doom and gloom.

This is a LONG life we live. That's long-term. Short term panic and chaos create opportunity.

Just saying.

#7551 4 years ago

Until the margin call.

No need to hate on my success. LOL. Been buying Apple since $60 a share. No "margin" necessary. That's not smart.

Last January Apple was $145 a share.

#7556 4 years ago

Yep, sure you do. Let's talk in 2 weeks and we'll see who understands how a disease spreads better. A physician or an accountant.

Well, i trust my multiple "physician" clients and i have the objectivity to look at all the issues and the NUMBERS as in realistic modeling and past history.

I trust the worldwide information and data i'm seeing, not some individual doctor, no offense.

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

No one here gives a fuck about your money.

That's kind of nasty don't you think?

I'm not the one that brought it up.

But that's what i expect anyhow

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yup you got me . That's the only person so far who died from it that was under 70. I guess you are right and it only kills the elderly and unhealthy people.

It's all relative Doc. Sure whatever you think. It's gonna kill everybody based on one example.

#7564 4 years ago

Brilliant post. These people should look in the mirror and ask themselves “who the fuck are you?”. Because they’ve never thought these things before!

Let's cut down on the profanity TFA. I've made a pledge to avoid it. Not good.

#7567 4 years ago

Not even close to the peak bro. Have you heard of the peak?

No tell me bro, when is the "peak" and how many will die at the "peak"?

#7570 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I never said it was gonna kill everybody, just trying to clear up the myth that it only kills elderly or unhealthy. It kills them more but also kills in younger and healthier as well.

It kills the "at risk" elderly, sick and co-morbid in infinitely higher numbers than a few younger folks that we don't know if they had other conditions.

I mean let's disclose the fact that it's 99.99% of elderly "at risk", or whatever the number is.

#7573 4 years ago

I really wish i had something else to do right now but i don't.

New season of Money Heist just started on Netflix.

Guess I'll leave it to Levi and TFA for now. LOL

#7580 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The mortality numbers for the US were (early on, 2449 cases):
0 to 20 0%
20 to 44 .1% to .2%
45 to 54 .5% to .8%
55 to 64 1.4% to 2.6%
64 to 75 2.7% to 4.9%
75 to 84 4.3% to 10.5%
85+ 10.4% to 27.3%
It's not just the elderly, it's just really bad for them. But it's still bad for everyone else.

Not really based on those numbers and I'd have to see the co-morbidity factors to believe it.

Either way, .1% of 20 to 44? And another .5% of 45 to 54?

I mean anyone who is not "at risk" is so unlikely to die it's hard to calculate.

9 people per million deaths in the US as of right now. How many per millions under 50?

Where are the statistics being reported right now? I think we all need to know the facts.

#7583 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I’m getting tired of hearing the big number to little number arguments.
Especially when the comparison has nothing to do with the issue.
When someone starts out with “There are 7.5 billion people....” they aren’t making a logical argument about a pandemic in progress.

Inconvenient facts?

Just the numbers. It's not hard to accept the reality of those numbers.

#7586 4 years ago

You. Clearly. Don’t. Get. It. Good luck.

Yes. Thank goodness for China and Oregon stepping up to send vents to NYC. I’d think a few other folks might do better.
Maybe in the future the Feds won’t cancel the maintenance contract on the national stockpile of vents. So that they actually work when they need to. Unlike a at least 2,400 now. That contract was cancelled last summer and just renewed recently. The new contractor just started assessing what they’re up against in late January, and haven’t had a chance to fix the thousands of vents that don’t work.
You see, vents are like a car. When you don’t use them, they dry out, and break when you put them to task. You can’t fall asleep at the wheel if you want this stuff to work when it needs to. So yeah, maybe we will be better prepared in the future. Because we sure weren’t this time. That means things will need yo change right? GOOD!

Trust me TFA, i'm not paying attention to a thing you are saying. I keep you around for the Avatar!

Now i'm heading off to see if Nairobi survived being shot. Wow, spoiler alert, did Tokyo and Nairobi die?

Stay safe in NYC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.