Topic Stats

• 21,427 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Oaken
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,086 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.34.37 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.34.27 PM (resized).png
Screenshot_20210125-174734~2 (resized).png
CBD592FC-A9B1-44C0-AF92-F76FD80E1DD9 (resized).jpeg
14B7CF02-2E78-4D85-9341-076165423125 (resized).jpeg
9901678_012221-cc-cnn-troops-parking-garage-img (resized).jpeg
C1CDB543-3981-4E71-830E-B7957289D153 (resized).jpeg
DCBC2F8F-CA84-4DDB-ACD6-1E40DF12C84F (resized).jpeg
20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (10 months ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (10 months ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (10 months ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frisbez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7157 9 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where are people getting these masks and gloves?? I cant find any anywhere.

I already had both from clear coating playfields and sanding cabinets.

Otherwise I have no idea where folks are getting them without paying through the nose.

#8213 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Interesting exchange but to answer the question, it isn't unethical to have a control group because it is not proven or even apparent at this point that hydroxycholoroquine even works. The initial study from France was a very small amount of patients and another group in France has tried to replicate that study's findings and failed. The hydroxychloroquine patients didn't do any better than the others in the follow up study5.
Any trial you set up now isn't really going to be a double blinded, placebo controlled trial; there just isn't time for that. But let's say you set up a trial where you compared patients who got hydroxychloroquine with some who didn't. If it was apparent that the drug was making a massive difference then yes, you would stop the trial and give everyone the drug. The problem is there hasn't been any such trial, at least not one of a decent size. Furthermore, if this drug really was that effective and caused every patient or even a significant majority to miraculously recover, it would have been easily apparent by now. So far all I've heard is a couple of doctors going onto fringe websites or Fox News and saying it cures every patient while the rest of us in the medical world have mixed results.
I've seen several critical care docs saying that some patients do seem to respond and others don't. What the differences are between the two groups isn't clear. That's why more study is needed, and yes you have to compare patients who get the drug with those who don't. It's not unethical at all.

Sorry doc, Tubes said science is an arbitrary construct. Your logic and reasoning are no good in this battle; you gotta hit him with a meme or something.

#9134 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

mildly positive news for USA: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Daily New cases hovering around 32k/day for the last 4 days without rising
Daily deaths hovering around 1900/day for the last 3 days
Hoping that means we've hit peak!

It's not as positive when you consider that we have been testing the same number or even fewer people each day.

The growth could still be exponential, but if we are still only testing 150-200k each day we might not be capturing the real growth rate.

I am worried that our testing fiasco has us flying blind still.

1 week later
#11456 9 months ago

Old white dudes always think they're so funny!

#11634 9 months ago

Here's a fun thread for anybody interested in all the protests going on in the past couple of days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/comments/g3niq3/i_simply_cannot_believe_that_people_are/fnstpyl/

Turns out the protesters might be pawns for a larger political scheme.

#11732 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Conspiracy theories are not against the rules here, but politics are. I just had to mod a lot of posts. Please keep it clean, folks.

Maybe the rules regarding conspiracy theories should be changed then? They are inherently political.

#12126 9 months ago

Can anybody in Georgia or Tennessee comment on why in the ever living fuck their states feel things are good enough to re-open?

#12499 9 months ago

I feel like it's a strangely American thing to be arguing over when and how to re-open. Perhaps our "every man for himself" mentality isn't as effective as we have been led to believe.

Seeing RotorDave's posts about New Zealand or even new stories from Europe seems like the primary concern is with loss of life and the toll on medical systems. What sort of economic assurance do they have that we don't?

#12597 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You kill them. Pigs, chickens, cows are bring killed because there is nowhere to process them.
Pig farmers are putting their hogs on diet feed so they take longer to fatten up.
The other answer is to order the plants to stay open regardless of cost or what you have to do to keep them staffed. I wonder if we'll see prison labor used.

Just going to post some Killer Mike lyrics.

"Cos free labor is the cornerstone of US economics
Cos slavery was abolished, unless you are in prison
You think I am bullshitting, then read the 13th Amendment
Involuntary servitude and slavery it prohibits
That's why they giving drug offenders time in double digits"

#13126 8 months ago

I'm waiting for folks to start bringing up that miracle drug Hydroxycloroquine again. I thought it was going to bring our viral enemy to its knees?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/rick-bright-complaint-read-coronavirus-whistleblower-trump-hydroxychloroquine-a9500586.html

Guess not.

1 week later
#13956 8 months ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Stay strong everyone! We can get through this! We can continue to pass legislation that encourages people not to work! We can stay closed and safe until a cure is found! Businesses can continue to pay employees to stay home! Let's just juice another 3T! We got this! This is the new normal! We are saving lives! We only save lives, we do not ruin lives!
I mean who really needs to eat! Rent and mortgage paid through Jan 2021! I know I'm sold!
What there is a food and meat shortage? Who'd a thought? I am so confused? I was raised that money grows on trees. So this new normal is super difficult for me.
I know I will be permanently banned from this thread. Please gents continue the face mask etiquette in my place.
Gretta, what am I supposed to say next? You must have something. I mean Hollywood says you will be one of the greatest leaders of our time.
Oil is bad!!!
Thank you Gretta we were unaware

Are you doing ok over there dude?

1 month later
#16790 6 months ago

You're watching too much Fox News.

Seattle is no more or less safe than it was 2 months ago before the protests. Folks are still moving here in droves, and the housing market is hotter than it was pre-Coronavirus.

1 week later
#17071 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would be just as happy to never catch this disease, regardless of the odds of survival or permanent injury.
Moving to an apartment twice the size this month in the same neighborhood. Since we are spending most our time at home why not have some room?
The nyc apartment market is softer than I’ve ever seen it. We are paying $2750 for a 1000 square foot apartment that would have gone for $3800 last year. No broker fee either which is a reversal of the norm (saved us another $3,000).
Look at this fucking palatial estate!!!

There are still people who don’t get it, but I think it’s fewer and fewer every day. This is the most dramatic disruption in America’s daily life since World War II. Its the biggest self-inflicted disaster in the history of this country, that’s for sure. We have failed our greatest test in generations, and in huge swaths of the country we continue to fail harder daily.
But hey at least I got a sweet new pad out of it.

It makes sense to me that the rental market would be soft, but the housing market here has gone bonkers. Houses are selling within a week for 50k-100k over asking price. It seems that a lot of folks who are working from home now are feeling that same urge to spread out a bit into a bigger space.

Meanwhile I can only imagine the commercial real estate market is struggling. I'm a therapist and everyone I know is doing telehealth, which means for a lot of them their offices have become a useless expense that is getting dropped as soon as the lease runs out.

1 month later
#18590 4 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Nope not at all. I was asked to post data and I did. Do you really think a post of shitty screen shot is going to cause people to die? That’s delusional in my opinion. I have said many times that data can be manipulated. Which I did to prove a point.
We can talk about misinformation now? The news! This includes all sides! The hyping up on certain issues and causing a divide. The half lies they tell nonstop. This has caused mistrust! You wonder why people don’t trust the numbers? Why they think Covid might be hoax?
Let’s talk about me a little. Yes I do think Covid is real. The data could be 30% higher or lower than the actual number. We will not know for sure until the end of the year. I can be the the biggest asshole in the world sometimes. If someone needs help I will help them with in reason. Even if they are crazylevi! Who is on my low list of pinsiders. That’s pretty unpatriotic of me.
Anyways sorry about the drunken annoying post sometimes pinside. Stay safe as possible! If I see crazylevi at a pinball show. I’ll be sure to give him a quarter. We just won’t tell him where it came from.

Contributing to misinformation and then doubling down when called on it is hardly something to be proud of.

2 weeks later
#19141 3 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

Funny how everyone that used to say “this virus doesn’t care who you are”, are now claiming it’s the Presidents medical team that is getting him through

He's not out of the woods yet?

A humbling Herman Cain/coronavirus timeline:

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless

7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19

7/10: Says he’s improving

7/15: Says his doctors seem happy

7/27: Says he’s really getting better

7/30: Dies

Pretty sure nobody gets over this virus in 3 days...even with extraordinary medical care and attention.

#19246 3 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Displaying again lack of comprehension in reading (peoples posts), and publishing your own twisted assumption about what they stand for. You are putting words into peoples mouths, and suggesting I said things that I never did. I'll thank you to stop making things up about me.

I'm pretty sure nobody can comprehend your posts unfortunately. I wouldn't blame him for trying to make sense of what you write and not being able to...

2 weeks later
#19753 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have the freedom to stay inside your home and protect yourself, not sure what more you could ask for. I respect everyones opinion even if I don't agree with it. Shutting down the country will cause far more problems than this virus is. There would be way more deaths if we shut the economy down and that's a fact.

Just because you believe it doesn't make it a fact.

Other countries have managed to both take care of their residents and control the spread of the virus much more efficiently than the US. The only reason we aren't doing a better job is that our current leadership refuses to take responsibility or action. When the President won't even wear a mask while infected is it any wonder that Joe Schmoe won't wear one either?

#19780 89 days ago
Quoted from Russell:

I would love to hear someone explain, without dodging the question or what-aboutisms, why the US is doing so poorly relative to other countries.

Impossible to do without diving into the realm of politics.

#19946 83 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good.
It's not like drive thru cashiers are immune. Customers should wear a mask.

I wear a mask every time in the drive-thru. It's so simple and takes literally a second to put it on when I grab the food, why would one not? Whether it makes things safer or not the there seems to be no reason not to.

1 week later
#20248 71 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The problem with this is, these people who own the restaurants have nothing to lose. They obey shut down orders they’ll have to close anyways.

This is is why stimulus relief and small business support are so important. They should have no need or incentive to be open. If we were taking care of folks and making it possible to close down without potentially losing a business or home then we would hopefully see more folks following through with shutdown orders.

2 months later
#21306 8 days ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

As of Jan 10 2020 an AVERAGE of 1074 deaths per day since the first recorded death Jan 20 2020 in the US not 3500 plus. Over 72000 overdoses in 2019 with it increasing by 18% by mid 2020. NEMIS data shows opioid calls in mid 2019 for 2 months to be over 2000, same time period in 2020 it exploded to almost 6000, federal surveys show over 40% of americans are struggling with at least 1 mental or drug issue since the start of the pandemic. Half year suicide rates far surpassed the total numbers provided in 2019, the center for disease and prevention showed surveys from young adults 13-18 that 1 in 4 have thoughts about suicide in the last 30 days. I havent even looked that deep into the alcohol abuse, domestic abuse or the bankruptcy rates that have to be staggering at this point. ALL these points are DIRECTLY connected to the lock downs, am I pushing a “conspiracy theory” or facts? I guess it’s easy to try to prove your point by saying “don’t listen to him, he’s crazy” As a doctor why not push your many fans into boosting their immune systems instead of pushing a narrative? as a doctor why not discuss on how high of a percentage of these covid deaths showed a serious vit D deficiency? I thank you for putting yourself at risk to help others against a very deadly virus that we are learning about daily.

Covid-19 deaths in the US in 2019: 0
Covid-19 deaths in the US in from March 2020 to present: 400,000+

Overdoses in 2019: 72000
Overdoses in 2020 (with your 18% increase): 84960

Your comparison of overdose deaths to Covid-19 falls apart with 5 seconds of critical thinking...or at least it does to my Seattle brain. Maybe they interpret things differently in Calgary.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 279.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
$ 39.00
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 9.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frisbez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside