272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider friengineer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#25689 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

My girlfriend is very sick, and 2 urgent cares have not offered her the first medication to help her to get better

Might want to go to your local quack supplement store and get some vitamin D, liquid elderberry, ashwaganda, and some vitamin c capsules. Not medical advice but those things could help.

Quoted from JoeJet:

For most viruses my Doctor does not prescribe anything as they don't do anything. Dr's that just dole out antibiotics to make you feel good are not doing thier jobs. Did they say what the issue is?

And recommending supplements, eating well, exercise, etc doesn't pay the hospital bills.

So I'm curious how the pandemic ends and society heals. Right now there are two groups: vax vax booster + and no vax ever. The former loves the government/Biden the latter hates government/Biden. So how can we ever end the pandemic while it's so politicized?

Biden ordering all businesses to make employees get vaxxed is only going to galvanized the other side that much more.

#25786 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You can mumble about fake reports of massive deaths from vaccine, which would instantly be lawsuits if they were actually true

One cannot sue J&J or any other vaccine manufacturer for side effects from the covid vaccine.

3 weeks later
#26150 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

You have absolutely zero ability to prove that no one was infected at the marathon

There were 100,000 people at the Bucks district for game six and less than 1000 confirmed cases resulted. I think the runners at the marathon will be fine.

There is a dangerous narrative happening in America where people are actively celebrating people dying from covid. We are becoming more divided because we have to be correct and if you disagree then you're a moron. It's apparent in this thread.

Here's my question again, how does this end? If covid never goes away, and the vaccine is required to work, then do we just keep taking booster shots forever?

#26163 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I don't think anyone here really is rejoicing in someone getting sick and dying.

Go to reddit and there are a websites dedicated to making fun of "anti vaxxers" dying.

Quoted from hAbO:

The anti-mask, anti-science, anti-vax and anti-facts moment in America is MORE dangerous as its killed people. Time and time again

I'll agree with you here. There is a war for your mind going on. We shouldn't blindly trust anyone. Not the media, not scientist, especially not YouTube videos, or politicians. Not without asking one question: where is the money coming from?

Ever stop to wonder, who's making money off of us?

I was going to comment about the deaths but at this point it is what it is. It sucks to see others suffer.

I find the comments about "how the healthcare system" should bankrupt someone who isn't vaccinated laughable. Lol. Ever had emergency surgery? When the first $30,000 bill shows up, you'll understand how fucked our health care system is.

Lots of people care about what others are doing. I say get the shot or don't. Wear a mask, avoid people, or don't. Maybe you die or maybe you recover quickly. I'll keep living life and avoid your sweaty, stinky asses. Lol

#26259 2 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

I was tired for about 18 hours after my 2nd dose, did the booster have any neg affects on you

My pops got his booster and had fatigue for a week. He's in his 80s though. Feels good now. He also had covid last year and was sick for a few days. Nothing serious. Just his experience.

#26326 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

. If you don't get vaccinated or are otherwise careless and thereby get me or my family infected, you've messed up my day in a very different way

But aren't you vaccinated, wearing masks and social distancing????

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

It all goes back to caring about the health and well being of those around you and prioritizing the health and life of those around you over your own desires. Many people in our world are struggling with that concept

Honestly if this was the messaging from the beginning we would have had a chance to beat the covid. The messaging has always been about fear, fear of spreading the virus, fear of death, fear of killing your loved ones, fear of the unvaccinated.

Quoted from DaveH:

The first person brings up a good point about how much guilt they would feel if their actions contributed to the death of one of their parents, or a sibling

That's a good message of fear because you can use it indefinitely. Even if you're both vaccinated, masked, and six feet apart, there are still breakthrough cases my boys. Don't spend time with your families, stay isolated.

I'll check back in, in 2022 when we're still talking about the same bullshit.

My whole point is this likely isn't going away soon, like not until 2030 at least. Deer, dogs, and big cats are catching this shit and we will be eating pills or getting a shot every six months forever. So stopping hating on people and go see your families.

3 weeks later
#26739 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So I’ll come right out and ask, do you think America made Covid-19 in a lab

Bruh, are we still debating where the virus came from? Use your fucking noggin for once. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Facts: lvl 4 virology lab in Wuhan, coronavirus studied there, NIH partially funds these facilities all over the world, virus starts there, virus has unusual qualities, lack of person zero info from China, btw our intelligence agencies think China knew about the outbreak one month before they told any other country. I could go on but why?

We will never know where the virus originated. That's a fact. It's in China's best interest. Also who the fuck cares where it came from? It won't change anything.

3 weeks later
#27350 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

what was researched by science as a whole. Guess who's right?

Science can be wrong or tainted. Remember when the sugar industry paid off science to ensure sugar wasn't to blame for causing cancer and disease?

I have never really understood people who blindly believe science when they don't know where funding comes from, never read a scientific paper, can't name a single scientist, etc.

The problem with covid is there are two types of people: those who care way too much about others and those who only care about themselves.

#27356 2 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

two shots of a vaccine

Two or is it three? Or four? Or yearly forever? Also that's why they put filters on cigarettes bruh! Lol

1 week later
#27665 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

It’s quite dangerous to assume healthiness alone will stop all dangers in life… although it does feel good to believe one is immune to life’s many risks and tribulations. Especially during a stressful time like this.

Be healthy, but don’t make it into a religion. Eventually, health fails us all

What strange comments. That's exactly what we need is to make personal health closer to religion instead of continuing to make terrible health decisions and then relying on the healthcare system to bail us out with pills, shots, and other bullshit.

Did you know the survivability rate of most stage 2 cancers is really bad? So I'd say instead of drinking soda all day, eating bread, and being a fat ass, try being healthy, try running a marathon, try sleeping well.

When are my NY peeps eligible for their second booster?

#27872 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

No. The lawsuit determined that someone with the virus can spread it to their co-workers

The mandate is legally based on precedent where the government mandated everyone got a small pox vaccine or pay a fine. The supreme court ruled the government could do so but this was during the age of small pox and they had an actual vaccine that worked, not some vaccine we will need from birth til death. AND the guy paid the $5 fine.

My contention with this is it is never ending. The big pharma companies have every interest in continuing producing vaccines. They are making a killing(profits baby) from their secret deal with the government.

Ask yourself how come the pharma companies won't sign a patent waiver?

Africa has less than 10% vaccinated rate, South Africa 26%. India 40% The unvaccinated in the USA are not the problem. Mutations will keep coming from Africa.

#27902 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder what the accuracy level is on the tests

Tim Ferris said on a podcast about a month ago that they were around 80% accurate but would give false negatives.

#27986 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well first post here. ...fully vaccinated in January, boosted in October, wear a mask constantly ( hospital guy). Tested negative at least 20 times in between...

Woke w blinding headache Wednesday, tested as a precaution Thursday ( family coming to town)...came back positive.

Don't believe I'll need clinical care ( yet) , just giving an fyi that chances are close to 100% everyone is going to get hit w this....

Not going to be a great few months I'm afraid

Be well friend! Avoid sugar, get some vitamin d tablets! Hopefully you're on your way to a speedy recovery.

#27998 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

for the monoclonal antibody shot

Problem is every hospital network has a different treatment protocol. There are hospitals in my area that do not use monoclonal antibodies.

#28083 2 years ago

Also I love how this thread has devolved into a name calling thread. "No, you're not patriotic! I am."

If you're going to get the vaccine, you already got it. If not then you're probably not going to. Either way you think the other side is moronic.

More than ever I'm convinced I need to read more books! Science books too. Alot "science experts" floating around this forum from folks that have never read a scientific paper in their lives. They just regurgitate.

#28108 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Day three and I'll see how it goes

Get well friend! Grab some vitamin d tablets! Most people are deficient and this time of year it's way worse. Zinc works well too. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

#28115 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm still trying to figure out if Florida is better than New York

What's new York got? Deep dish pizza, statue of liberty, Niagra falls. Florida's got Disney, snakes, beaches, freedom.

#28317 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

almost too sweet

That's your body telling you to stop drinking that poison. Lol. Stay away from sugar, especially when you are sick.

#28347 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I can't think of a reason not to get vaccinated

The main reason has to do with culture war in my opinion. Americans hate being told what to do by the government. Toss in the fact that Trump wanted to limit the amount of money the pharmaceutical companies could make off of drugs, CDC lying about masks(they were worried about hospitals not having enough supplies), and the vaccine gets approved days after the election. Well all those things plus the general messaging, galvanized a large portion of the population against taking the vaccine.

If we were honest with each other, we'd admit there would be a large portion of people in the opposite direction if Trump was in office, that would resist.

The vaccine is a my tribe vs your tribe issue now. Toss in foreign manipulation via bots via social media and the infighting gets worse.

Just my opinion of things.

Quoted from PinPatch:

FLCC protocols, vitamins, quercetin, ivermectin plus NAC prior and during infection.

Those protocols aren't readily available to everyone in the USA. Different hospitals do different treatments here.

My friend had covid, the hospital gave him an oxygen monitor, sent him home. No vitamins, no recommendations other than if you can't breathe come back to the ER. That's not good care in my opinion but the industrialization of medicine never has been about getting better, only making money.

If anything we all agree our healthcare system is broken and we should improve it.

#28371 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:Show me the studies that ivermectin is effective as a treatment

There will never be any. One of the problems I have with the healthcare system is money. The pharmaceutical companies fund 99% of the studies and their ONLY objective is to maximize shareholder value. There is NO money in ivermectin for any of these companies.

Isn't funny how the media smeared ivermectin for three months? The pandemic only has one solution: vaccines (times 4).

#28424 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

You’re suggesting there is better tracking of variants in India, Brazil, Colombia, Peru and South Africa than in the US and Europe? Just clarifying if that’s your position. The medical infrastructure in the US and Europe is vastly superior to those other countries so I would think variant tracking and testing would be BETTER in the US and Europe, not worse.

New variant out of France today. Yikes.

#28467 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I now have to get a booster every 6 months, or quarantine for a whole week every time one of my cubical neighbors gets COVID.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

However, if you're not vaccinated, you're required to use PTO to cover being out

Time to look for new employment.

#28552 2 years ago

The vaccines are 100% not free. The government has to pay for them some how.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider friengineer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=friengineer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.