272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, confirmed. So not panicking over 2 strains. If that’s increases significantly then I’ll change my opinion

So you and your generation want everyone over 50 to just go away by any means including death by pandemic. And what you and your clueless spoiled generation are going to hit the reset button and run this country? Trust me you guys are not up to the task. Your mommy has been wiping your butt and fighting your battles your whole life. You were told you were always right and great at everything you do. Your parents did you a real disservice. You are an undeveloped adult. Those like you will run nothing.....Now have your mommy make you a sandwich and head back to the basement to rethink your path.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

If you look at mainland China's population - latest census... that would be ~1,400,000,000, with infection numbers flatlining (actually slightly decreasing) around 80K. For argument sake let's assume China's reporting sucks, and they're not truthful/or accurate with their testing... so let's increase that 80K number by 5X (putting total cases at 400K), and do the math... unless I'm missing something it's a mere .028% of the population CONSERVATIVELY at this point.
Sure you could argue China was quicker to the punch, so potentially far less cases per capita than the US; I get that; however you could also argue that China has huge areas of intense population density + a much higher percentage of smokers, so their death rate should be HIGHER than the US... a lot of other factors, sure but still...
So IMHO, for the "leadership" of California coming out with a statement touting a 70% infection rate potential, well, IMO that's just silly.

Over a years time H1N1 2009 was estimated to have infected 60 million people in the US alone. 1 in 5 Americans. This virus is more contagious, has a longer incubation time and can be spread by people with no symptoms. Doing some simple math you can see the potential of masssive infected numbers. Wish I was wrong.

#797 4 years ago

All I know is no matter what parties president is in power when you are put to shame by South Korea in your pandemic response and the economy tanks you are most likely not getting re-elected.

#2478 4 years ago

I belong to another forum where multiple people have already lost loved ones to COVID. THIS SUCKS.

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's the ONLY place that I go for my news. Anything else is fake news!

You know what other demographic gets all it’s information from one source? Cult members....
So if your current life plans don’t work out for you at least you will have another option.

#3143 4 years ago

“Sacrifice grandpa to save the economy”doesn’t seem like the best re election motto....but what do I know. I thought Trump needed the senior citizen vote to win re election. I’m sure they are fine with being sacrificed and will not take it personal though.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I once knew a young lady with the same nickname.

Wait....did this encounter happen in the 80’s?
Starting to get clearer and clearer in my crystal ball..........oh my gosh was she Gen X?

2E42395F-BA32-47EC-A96B-86B942592667 (resized).jpeg2E42395F-BA32-47EC-A96B-86B942592667 (resized).jpeg
#3884 4 years ago

NintendoBear was the canary in the coal mine.........

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can’t believe there’s still people who think bleating “fake news!” is in any way clever, or bolsters any kind of argument.
I miss actual discussion but people seem to be lazier than ever.

What those people don’t realize is when it comes to the subject of life and death they have just lost all credibility for their lifetime. I mean going forward how could I actually take the fake news crowd seriously on any issue. I can’t. They are either completely dumb or so weak minded they follow a cult of personality like cult members do.

#4589 4 years ago

I always find it humorous when someone calls someone stupid. Truth is if that person calling people stupid was actually the stupid one they wouldn’t have the IQ to figure that out.

DAFB833E-19A8-48F7-B844-112ACC04D8EE (resized).jpegDAFB833E-19A8-48F7-B844-112ACC04D8EE (resized).jpeg
#5653 4 years ago

We will all be wearing mask if and when another pandemic comes our way.......

#5701 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Have you seen pictures of people out and about in China and South Korea? Every last one of them is wearing a mask. There doesn’t seem to be a shortage there.

Yes. It can help if many wear mask during an event like this but we need to save the mask we have for the medical professionals and those who are sick. The reason I mentioned next time is because there is no way we will have enough mask for everyone this time. I hope we never have another pandemic but if we do we HAVE to be ready for it and limit the damage.....

#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Another? We are not through this one yet.

What exactly are you trying to say? That I am not worried about the current situation? Or that we could never have another pandemic. I have been way ahead of the curve on this crisis and how serious it is. Have you?

#5713 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

No slight intended Extra. You are doing your best, thats all anyone could ask.

No harm done then. Stay safe.

#5986 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Actually you’re wrong. Show me your stats here. Vast majority. Pretty sure last time I checked, you didn’t cure anything. So quit grandstanding

Why are you so grumpy? Did your mommy run out of lunch meat? She makes the best sammiches though.......

#6090 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Second, it’s not who we are. Humans are social animals. We will eventually accept that people will get sick so we can go to the mall, have parties, head to the amusement park, etc. I’m not very social, in fact, I’m an introvert. But even I want to get out. And it’s been a few weeks.

What kind of weak human being can’t sit on his couch for a couple months to help save American lives. Past generations were asked to go off to war for years at a time. What an embarrassment......

#6403 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

rezdog
Hey man, thanks so much! Sometimes in life you are put in a position you really never wanted to be in but you have a skill set that is needed at the time. That’s kinda how I feel right now. Thank God here in Texas we aren’t in dire straits yet but it looks like it may start to hit the fan here next week if the models and predictions are correct.
I just am praying for the docs, nurses, techs and all the support staff in New York, New Jersey, Detroit and New Orleans. They’re in for a hell of a ride in the next two weeks.

Hey Doc. What do you think of that Dr David Price video? You agree with it? My main conflict is I thought COVID was mainly spread through the air and he is saying mostly spread by hand to face. Thanks in advance for any opinion.

#7543 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You haven’t burnt one single calorie to understand this crisis any better than you did two weeks ago have you? And you’re proud of it!

It is actually quite remarkable in its own pathetic way......

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.