272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Can we just put Dr. Fauci interviews on a loop as the only content on all TV channels, YouTube, and Twitch for a week?

Seriously. I wait to unmute my TV until he comes on. I'm generally apolitical and have listened to several briefings from state and national officials but this guy you can at least get some straight answers or "real talk" from.

#4104 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just hope this ends soon, I’m going to be 400lbs if I keep trying to singlehandedly keep all my favorite local spots in business.

Yep. I'm ordering double of everything I normally get. I'll stop at 2 or 3 restaurants in one trip and freeze some foods in case it gets to a point they need to close their doors for awhile. Admittedly I've stopped at a couple fast food places last week and they said business is quite slow but that's probably due to everyone going to the smaller businesses.

#6297 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Gonna run to the grocery store to try to score some ground beef and meat for the freezer.
I suspect everyones gonna freak out again and raid the stores and hoard now that the stay at home has just been announced for Florida.
I’m in the construction business, dont know yet if Im gonna be allowed to keep working or not, tomorrow may be my last day on the job for a month.
Crazy times, people.

What kind of construction? On Monday in Minneapolis (during part of MN stay at home order) I was surprised to see some workers outside. It appeared to be a new building with retail on first floor then apartments on second floor onward and they were working on the housing section so I'm not sure if that was deemed essential or not.

Best of luck to you and stay healthy!

#6298 3 years ago

That article has a ton of asterisks and I don't see where they are trying to declare what they mean by that?

#6310 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Some people use the asterisk after his name to denote his impeachment. Kind of like Barry Bond's homerun record with an asterisk. He has the title, but with a caveat.

As an apolitical person who enjoys sports I thank you for the clarification.

#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I like the Media cause it is free.

Here's some food for thought.

Have you ever had the media cover something you are an expert on? We can use pinball for example. Usually they will need to report or regurgitate the information the host of a pinball event is being provided to them. Even that or other topics have you caught them slipping up or missing some information?

It makes you wonder when they cover a topic you are NOT an expert on how much accuracy is lost or left out. Not putting anyone at fault or accusing them of lying.....just an observation.....things happen.

#6560 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A lot of "Empty Hospital" videos popping up, just wondered if anyone in these areas could explain or verify if they are real or bogus. The big Hospital in New York was featured by several people, they all looked like ghost towns.

I haven't taken the time to look at any of those videos but in theory they could be possible. A lot of unnecessary (however that's defined) procedures have been canceled so some departments could be very empty right now. I work in several hospital networks for a living, while I don't have a clinical background, I do know from other coworkers around our region it's very hit and miss depending on where you travel.

#6566 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Why are there sign language people at news conferences when every modern TV has closed captioning?

ASL is not a universal language but from my understanding it is more universal than English.

Additionally it may be beneficial during playback if the press conference is summarized during your 5:00 10:00 news segment etc.

2 weeks later
#10996 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I’m asking you as a human being to do what you need to do to get our Health Care Systems seeing, diagnosing, treating, fixing, repairing, healing people again.

You'll love this irony from my own experience.

As someone who repairs medical equipment throughout different hospital networks we are required to keep up our immunizations to work in different departments in different hospitals, including ER departments that are testing people for COVID-19. Each have very different and complex avenues for gaining access. I do work for the Essentia network as posted above. Currently I have valid badge access there.

For other hospital networks, I have some items that expired namely a TB test. In case you don't know, a TB test can be done as easily as going into those "minute clinics" at Wallgreens, CVS, and other outpatient clinics. Well, I've spend the last few weeks shopping around and basically given up since nobody will see me.

With all the above mentioned, think of how low a TB test is on this list of priorities. I need one of those tests in order to perform my job in some hospital networks to continue my own functions. Think of what delays this can cause for my hospitals getting their machines repaired especially when they are needed most under these circumstances. In some cases they'll just have to make exceptions but talk about a wrench in things no pun intended.

#11005 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Incredible photo:
[quoted image]

There's something sitting on top of the first car in the pic wonder what it is? Looks like a 2 gallon pail. I'd guess maybe delivery service signage but wouldn't expect enough room to fit between sunroof and windshield.

#11122 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Make them all sing the Rollergames theme song next!

Wash....Wash....Wash with liquid soap.....(3x)

Washin' and Dryin', Washin' and Dryin' all day.

GO FOR THE RESTROOM.

DONT SNEEZE................SNEEZE.

#11142 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well the weekend's starting early. I've got a drink in hand!

Please have a second drink for me. I'm missing my alcohol due to short term meds which may have severe interactions and don't want to risk anything right now. Haven't had a drink all month. Whatcha havin?

#11163 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are protesting because they are whiny, spoiled brats who've never lived in a society that required sacrifices for the public good. Their grandparents are rolling in their graves.
It's also an excuse to walk around with AR-15s in public which is always fun.

Reminds me of the popular quote;

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Good thing those guy's aren't out there with their AR-14's that Biden mentioned

#11241 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Last man standing wins a case of Corona. The mods are buying.

Better buy it now, I heard two weeks ago they are pausing production on Corona. I have one left that I bought early March and saving it....to look back on what whatever reason.

#11743 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

keep this thread for more factually backed/documented conversation?

That would put the flame out on this thread topic real quick wouldn't it

#11790 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Maybe I'm missing something, I'm not an economist. But how does a universal basic income not increase inflation?
Government gives out basic income, pays for it with increased taxes. Companies that pay those taxes increase their prices to compensate. What am I missing?

That's what I'm wondering too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but minimum wage jobs will have to pay their workers even more money to entice workers who would otherwise just be content receiving UBI and not work.

Then it will be the $2 menu at Mc.Donald's

#11793 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

GTFO with suggestions like this Satan.
2$ fuck

Allow me to direct you to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing who still keep up with the demand of the $2 note. Apparently they knew something we didn't?

#12265 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I think that single use cups will be a thing for quite some time once bars and restaurants open back up

I can get on board with this. Generally I don't mind drinking out of glasses for tap beer. But if you've ever watched them clean glasses at the bar outside of the dish washing system it appears to go like this:

Soak glass for a few seconds in soapy water with an agitator. Soak glass a few more seconds in questionable water for a few seconds. Soak glass in hopefully clean water as a rise. Let dry and serve. Doesn't seem to get much cleaning time.

Once reopened with this method hopefully we won't get too much "muh environment" about the single use disposables.

#12282 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've been wondering if the plastic bag law will be reversed at some point.

This reminds me of the paper straw invention to "help the environment". Wasn't NY one of the first states to adapt them? Middle of last year they concluded the process to harvest the paper caused more damage. Additionally and more importantly the paper was coated with a chemical which leached off toxins and prevented the paper from decomposing. (As anyone knows, bare paper and a liquid don't exactly play well together) So actually plastic straws are more environmentally sound. Plus I think some college kid found a worm that eats plastic. I think they gave up on the reusable metal straws as soon as a death was caused by it :/

#12427 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

One thing for sure. When the restaurants open I'll be lining up for a Steak Dinner, and if it requires a hazmat suit so be it.

What's great about this is you can wear your sweats underneath and not worry about judgement. Now you don't have to worry about loosening that belt and no holding back on the sides menu either. I think I'll join ya.

#12803 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

People tend to get upset at "price gauging". I do too if you buy up supply and auction it off. But, if you're a store that regularly stocks it, and your supply is limited, you absolutely SHOULD increase the price. It makes people decide whether it's worth it for them or not.

Not only that but it also draws in other sellers of said product to move into the market where the items are being depleted and have an opportunity/motivation to sell, which allows product to get to where it needs to go (towards the consumer). Even further it allows them to create and get motivated to make more product. I hate to see people get taken advantage of but there is a silver lining in everything. I can respect an increase of price by a certain percentage, but when you replace the percentage with a multiplier then things could get out of hand.

#12944 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

One of these guys walks into the park or Costco where you and your family are and you don't give him a 2nd look?
I challenge you to a mental contest.
[quoted image]

When I gave that pic a second look I saw.....a roll of electrical tape hanging from his vest. Why?

#13011 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just rubber band a hepa furnace filter around my face with 2 holes cut out for eyes. Nobody seems to get within 10 ft of me.

This needs to be made into a pic immediately. Get one with the bluetooth device that monitors air flow and will send a message to your phone when the efficiency is depleted. (I tried these for a couple rotations but the auto connect failure seemed to make it ineffective)

#13281 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Oh be really skeptical there. Every time I see something like that I give it the old 50/50 treatment. Could be true, could be fake. I try to act like both are true. I'm not saying Costco didn't say that, but I would have to see the feed and verified users before swallowing it wholesale.

I saw that Costco post on Reddit and in the comments literally everyone was saying that was posted by an account that isn't Costco. Apparently "Costco" and "Costco Wholesale" are different accounts and that was something that was overlooked. Frankly I don't care enough either way. Have to choose your battles and people commenting on Reddit or Twitter is extremely low on my list.

#13283 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Funny, here the mask situation has temporarily improved, but extremely low on gowns.

I just got 10 pair of coveralls from my employer in the mail. I didn't ask for them; they were automatically sent to me.

I've seen videos online of nurses trying to put them on and they tear in half at the legs because they seem to have the strength of gift wrap tissue. I was going to try one out to test the quality but can't really afford to waste any at this moment.

#13301 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can we get Troy Aikman and Joe Buck to comment on this virus?[quoted image]

Their facial expressions, especially their eyes, look like me trying to catch up on all the stuff in this thread each morning from overnight.

#13315 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Do not buy this $9 bottle of gas station hand sanitizer, it literally smells like vomit.
[quoted image]

Can we see the other side of the bottle to see what they have claimed to put inside the bottle?

#13502 3 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/may/06/millions-develop-tuberculosis-tb-covid-19-lockdown

Found this on another forum.

Titles like this are a little infuriating.

Seems to me a first glance at this title want to lead you on to think that Covid-19 and/or the act of staying at home CAUSES TB. Duh anything going on untreated that CAN become serious WILL become serious.

#13503 3 years ago

Speaking of reading news articles online that I noticed....

When you are reading an article, check out the URL of said article.

I noticed as things develop throughout the first day and first week the article title might change. This isn't uncommon. As they modify the title of an article, the URL like will likely remain the same. If you check out the URL you can usually tell what the original title was or what one of their last drafts was before it was launched on the web site.

#13755 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I also love cruising, another industry that is getting pummeled.

Good times ahead for Carnival. Their bookings are now up 600% from last year.

https://www.wesh.com/article/cruise-bookings-up/32450902

#13891 3 years ago

Amazon to make face shields to sell at cost to healthcare workers and eventually to public.

#14025 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey all, if you don’t have your city and state in your profile, please consider adding it. I enjoy knowing where (roughly) people are posting from, and we promise not to stalk you. Right Pinside?

ASL?

Oops, wrong millennia.

#14096 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Oh yeah this checks out, looks official
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well...that sure looks like a University of Minnesota badge holder and it looks like she's standing out front of MN Gov. mansion.

It could very well have been a last minute write in for the nearby Bethesda hospital (operated by U of M health) which has been designated a dedicated COVID19 facility which normally keeps few nurses on hand.

I don't think anyone showing up to an event like that (reopen protest) would want to have their real work ID hanging next to them.

#14164 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Update from our little slice of hell. No one seems to care about the virus. The grocery store hasn't put up cashier shields, no 6ft stickers, no arrows. Covidiots still standing around talking to each other everywhere. Yet to see someone wear a mask.
Now for some drama. I had a free bbq sitting on my curb. A 20 year old couple we know stop by on their bikes still drunk around 10am yesterday. So my wife and I stood on our front lawn and chatted for 5 minutes. They just came from a house party at the druggie, swinger couple in town house. I'm already shaking my head but it gets better. A nurse at the retirement home was there and got caught making out with the swinger husband by the wife and the fight was on.
I'm long past the stupidity of people during this crisis but this stupid fukn nurse should be called out/fired/drop kicked in the head. She'll be back at the home Monday working with the 100 year olds like nothing happened. Yet our friends can't enter that retirement home to see their mom's and dad's while being responsible themselves.

That sucks to hear One thing that looked positive in your post was "free BBQ".

If you are going to have some authority to oversee those vulnerable people you need to take some responsibility. It goes hand in hand.

While I've seen a lot of silver linings of humanity throughout this I feel I have still overestimated average human intelligence.

#14250 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Im so tired of hearing
We are all in this together, During these difficult times and Stay Safe.... Before some big ass company asks you to buy their cheap ass china made crap ... ( Rant Over )

Last night I got fed up with local broadcasting (I don't watch enough TV to justify cable) and switched over to Netflix for the same reason. Yes it's good to have support and reassurance and hearing about people doing good things but I don't need to hear it EVERY commercial break.

First time they showed inner cities banging on pots and pans and everyone standing on patios talking to each other I thought that was neat. But when it's in every news segment for 4 weeks in a row it gets easy to change the channel again.

#14283 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What? I have had Netflix in my house since 2008. I have never seen a commercial. I am staring to run into a lot of commercials on You Tube, but not Netflix. Are you sure you are talking about Netflix and not something else?

I switch away from TV (commercials) to Netflix (no commercials) to get away from said commercials that the person I had quoted was complaining about and I was agreeing on the same thing.

#14286 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is anyone actually surprised?

I'm not. At least we slowed things down a bit by being closed when we did. Even though said curve is rising again hopefully it won't rise as high as it could have had we done nothing at all.

#14319 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

To be fair this pretty much applies to all pharmaceuticals these days. Every drug commercial on TV usually spends more than half its air time just giving you the cliff notes of all the potentially hazardous and deadly side effects. Making a personal choice to take a drug that could possibly harm you with the intent to prevent or cure illness is nothing new.

Then 8 years later a law firm will be asking if you took that drug between this year and that year.

#14373 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In fact, all of these exercises gives me great relief and they're easy to do.

No joke today I got my kit of the items you listed below. I rolled my back on the squishy tube and it sounded like someone walking on a wood floor from a late 1800's home. Felt great!

#14448 3 years ago

No Minnesota State Fair.

No surprise.

#14510 3 years ago

One thing I'm trying to understand from a United States perspective is the "second wave" people are talking about in the fall. I don't understand how it can be a seasonal weather thing when places like Brazil and Mexico are currently being devastated. While there may be secondary or tertiary or whatever waves I don't see how seasonal weather will dictate this. It would have to be something else if/when that happens.

#14549 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I can't imagine that that a second wave won't hit this summer.

Agreed and we are already seeing increases after a decrease and now we are in a holiday weekend where people are going to move around more. We can assume not everyone is going to listen to guidelines. I did hear Memorial Day travel is expected to be so low it's not worth recording this year, that number will be higher than a normal weekend.

The good news is up here in MN/WI most of the travels are families going to their cabin and hopefully not too much intermingling outside of family.

#14576 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I don't see any green cars there? ...

I know this is irrelevant to what you were talking about, but your post reminded me of this picture....

nah3wewmxfk11 (resized).jpgnah3wewmxfk11 (resized).jpg
#14579 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My biggest fear during all this is that the world ends and all that's left is me and a bunch of people who repeatedly use the phrase "it is what it is."

"I was there the day the strength of men failed".

#14764 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On a day when America took pandemic to a whole new level, we mourn the loss of all the fighters. And Memorial Day 2020 will probably go down in infamy or at least as one of the most memorable.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was going to say next weekend or the weekend after once the fallout hits from all the mingling and pool parties etc.

#14903 3 years ago

Not sure if this was mentioned here but all of Minneapolis public areas required to wear masks starting this week and Saint Paul area requirements start June 1st.

#14904 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't kid myself that wearing a mask is bulletproof. Its not. But I wear a mask out of respect for others and its as simple as that.

Plus there is that small window (between catching and showing signs) where you might not even know if you have it or not.

My ma is in her 70's and wears one all the time while going out but she started to get a headache after a few hours just reminded her to take breaks and find a safe area to take off for a little bit.

#14913 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

To walk around outside by yourself you have to wear a mask now??

They mostly call out places of business and specific inside buildings including the sky way system.

Since Minneapolis is making national news I'm just going to stay on the east side of the cities for now....

#14922 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This whole mask debate is a huge embarrassment for America.
Like...this is a once in a lifetime low point.

I know other countries are very keen on cleanliness. It's somewhat embarrassing to see all these gloves and masks laying around in parking lots and on street curbs. Unfortunately they will work their way into our ecosystem and oceans. I don't consider myself an environmentalist but I don't throw my trash wherever. Just stuff that s*** in those awkward crevasses of your car door where nothing else logically fits and throw it out once a week. That's what I do with the extras from all the poor dietary choices I make in the drive thru.

2 weeks later
#15369 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

For several years I have purchased a Six Flags pass and dining pass, and because I have a Six Flags just 5 miles away I was going there pretty much every night, just to get free meals. (not bad, turkey legs, bone in hot wings, pizza, etc.)

Okay, virus aside this sounds like a cool life hack. I am looking on their site now to see what that would cost. I don't live near one so I'll never do it. But, with time it takes to park vehicle, gain access to the park etc. was this relatively cost/ time effective to get your meals on site most nights? I suppose you'd look for the right times to go so it doesn't take the better part of an hour getting there and getting out, waiting in line.

1 month later
#16651 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wish more places would install these, so you can pull the door open with your foot.[quoted image]

Same here. Even pre COVID these were the greatest things since sliced bread. Especially when you are at a restaurant and want to wash up before you eat.

#16781 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many of you keep your toothbrush on the bathroom sink?

I do but I'm the only one having evacuations in its vicinity.

#16921 3 years ago

I'm still going to be unhappy when I keep getting bit by them. Now, maybe not so much scared, but still unhappy

#16941 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

No way are we sending our kid back to a school during this... we are transferring him to an online private school. They already have the tools and curriculum in place.

I know someone who did (does) home schooling for her kids and a couple of their neighbor friends starting out the last few years. This year half the neighborhood is at her door wanting to sign up their kids with her.

Seriously, if you are okay with some more kids in the house and looking for work and have a degree or close to a degree in teaching there is probably some good job security ahead.

1 week later
#17275 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

not lids, bottoms apparently
[quoted image]

100 year warranty. Hopefully they will still be around 90 years from now. In a society where we dispose of most of our stuff I've never paid close attention to warranties but had to laugh at this one. I'm guessing they couldn't offer a lifetime warranty and keep a straight face.

#17303 3 years ago

I see a beverage caddie on the left leg and a beverage.....on the ground. Doh!

#17405 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Here is another sigh of things to come. A post made of Facebook by my sister about something she saw on railroad cars yesterday. Kind of makes you wonder what more CDC or our government knows and they are not talking about!
https://www.facebook.com/JoannieEggert/posts/10207560865057801

I'm not sure if I agree with the entire FEMA camp conspiracy, BUT, the camps are a thing as this lady saw some things in motion.

It's always good to observe and ask questions. If that gets you in trouble, you were probably right about something.

#17471 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure if anyone on here mails stuff out a lot (I certainly do), but the prices have skyrocketed since the pandemic started. I found this to be funny...and maybe a little too truthful.
[quoted image]

Do we know what that was an order for? (and yes I did notice this was from 2018)

1 week later
#17696 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Here we go, on the road again
Like a band of Gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends???
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way
because everyone is an asshole
on the road again
Anybody else notice the increased average speed on the highways post shut down?

Yeah I thought this virus was supposed to make people sick not stupid......

It seems to be doing a good job at both.

#17697 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I have a "love / hate" thing going on with the highways these days. A couple weeks ago I had to make a 1000 mile trip and had planned on sleeping in my van overnight because I knew I couldn't drive 980+ miles in a day and am not willing to risk staying in a motel with this Coronavirus mess going on. Anyway I made that trip and was actually back home the same day with an "average" driving speed of 62 MPH (and that time included making my delivery, lunch & dinner breaks, and rest breaks). No way in hell I could have made that trip that quickly if it wasn't for the changes because of the Coronavirus.
On the "flip side" when you are doing 75 & 80 MPH on the highways in the "slow lane" and having people passing you it does start to get a little scary especially considering how people drive these days. So I still prefer "safer speeds" but I doubt that will be changing anytime soon. Law Enforcement is like most of the rest of us and are trying to avoid as much unnecessary interaction with people as possible. So I think you really have to be doing something really bad these days before you will get pulled over for a traffic violation.
PLEASE do all you can to "stay safe" on the highways when you travel. Like everything else these days things have changed a lot because of Covid-19

Higher speeds in the slow lane doesn't so much bother me as much when you have something else to worry about and that's the people who feel the need to weave out of 3 lanes of traffic as if they are playing "tag" with every single car on the road. If we're all going a bit too fast and staying in our lane, that's still something to be concerned about but I've seen a lot of air bag deployments in the last few months than all my years of driving. Worst of all the vehicles are taking side damage and these are NOT in intersections.

As someone who traditionally drives 50,000 miles a year and gets paid by the hour I don't really care how upset the person behind me feels about my obeying the law in the right lane.

Be safe everyone.

#17747 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I watched the live feed for a bit and saw 1 or 2 people wearing a mask for every 50ish.

I think I found Waldo before I found someone wearing a mask....

#17748 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Best bet is for the locals to just lay in supplies and ride out the rally at home, and let the businesses do what they must. If the bikers are going to spread it amongst themselves, they do so knowing the risks.

What will be interesting is to look out for increases along freeways where everyone stops on their way home. Here in MN we have a number of smaller towns filled with gas stations and food that will (no pun intended) feed the entire east coast for those who ride in.

#17749 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Scored some hand sanitizer, but it smells like moonshine. Is there anyway to neutralize the smell?

Sure, what night do you usually take your garbage out?

#17792 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

But have we ever been this divided?

Probably, but in the last 5 years we've had more outlets and access to express ourselves on how we feel about things.

#17819 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Starting Aug 12, masks will be mandatory in Walmart across Canada. Curious to see how they implement this. Are they going to have a security guard at each store? I can't imagine the usual senior door greeter trying to stop the ignorant assholes that you know will be kicking and screaming that they don't have to mask up.

They might as well post Charlie Brown's teacher at the front door.

#17820 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

[quoted image]

Don't forget the pandemic of **** drivers.

#17879 3 years ago
unnamed (11) (resized).jpgunnamed (11) (resized).jpg
1 week later
#18038 3 years ago

Sounds like University of Minnesota kicked "move in date" for students on campus out two weeks. Not sure what that will do one way or the other but maybe it's to stagger things out from other preparations?

I do work on their campus and it can be super chaotic during move in time so that's two more weeks of finding a good parking spot haha.

#18039 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

New Zealand now has 5.6 sheep for every person - a far cry from the peak of 22 per person in 1982.
Don’t get wrong, I’m not trying to make light of a very serious matter... but if sheep were vulnerable to the virus, their curve might not be nowhere as flat as what it is.
How easy would it be to train sheep to social distance or wear masks...[quoted image]

At first glance it looked like those boxes were made out of wedge head pinball machines.

#18065 3 years ago

New Covid Test
A new and easy self-test for Covid-19 is doing the rounds and it's simple, quick and positive (or negative if you see what I mean).
Take a glass and pour a decent amount of your favorite scotch or bourbon into it; then see if you can smell it. If you can, then you are halfway there.
Then drink it. If you can taste it then it is reasonable to assume you are currently free of the virus because the loss of the sense of smell and taste is a common symptom.
I tested myself 7 times last night and was virus free every time thank goodness.
I will have to test myself again today because I have developed a throbbing headache which can also be one of the symptoms.

I always try to enhance this with some rolled up tobacco and set it on fire. Currently on me second test today.

#18067 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

More bad news..the arctic ice is melting fast and starting to have effects on the jet-stream. Now
new jet Streams in the northern hemisphere are starting to lock in permanent active weather patterns Around the word. drought, floods, wildfires, mostlyThe recent greenland ice Shelf melt is a prime example and constant flooding in Venice another. Massive hail damage in Alberta and
BC Canada battling big fires now.

You forgot about those killer hornets everyone was talking about for a hot minute.

#18099 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

DFW is actually getting so much better and safer now, too. Ugh. I'm afraid we will see complacency again and that the fall and winter wave is going to be really nasty. This sucks so much.

Complacency is always what gets you, virus or otherwise. I’m seeing that up here more and more with masks being used as chin straps.

#18105 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I watched a Walmart employee pull her mask down from the front, then lick her fingers to turn a page.

That fits the “people of Walmart” profile perfectly.

My favorite (in terms of ridiculousness) is the guy on a plane wearing his mask like a sleeping mask for his eyes.

#18122 3 years ago

It better happen this year. I still have a couple unopened bags of candy from last year that I haven’t touched (miraculously) I don’t think it’d last another year.

#18127 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Unless it's candy corn! That shit lasts forever!

Nah, it’s Mars variety pack

#18130 3 years ago

Is that the Carl’s Jr. star?

#18166 3 years ago

And I'm still struggling to impress others by removing it with one hand.

#18211 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Serious question. If they came out with a vaccine today would you take it? I for one would not take this rushed vaccine.

Today? No.

Tomorrow....later on quite possibly.

But if waiting to see what the effects are, when do you take it? Later in the year? Next year? Ten years. How do we know when enough time has passed.

#18238 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Another question would be: do you want to stop doing everything fun (and also meaningful) to have more years of life ? Quantity over quality ?
Edit: not that I mean we should do everything, but just as pinball_gizzard says: use your common sense ! We as a family seek the middle ground. We do not put ourselves at risk for a vacation to a risky area, but we also do not stay at home for everything.

I remember someone saying they have a coworker who doesn’t do anything than work or be at home and doesn’t travel at all for fear of risk of a lot of things.

I think if we all know how many close calls we’ve all had in life probably nobody would want to leave their house again.

I drive a lot for work and always see “fresh” accidents and think if I left a little earlier that could have been me. I’m just thankful every day is isn’t me.

#18266 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Iowa is having an increase of cases. With the Labor Day holiday, and being a big football state they might be the next hot spot. Currently they have no mask mandate in place but that may change.

Here in MN they are talking about the fallout of Sturgis. I wonder if states will post higher numbers rolling eastward and westward of SD in the coming weeks.

#18281 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone else rip their mask off in the car like they just finished a disappointing surgery on Grey's Anatomy?

I don’t even wait until I get to the car. One step outside the building and it’s off like a prom dress.

#18294 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What color is your prom dress ?

Hers was black my junior year. Senior year I had two dates so one white and other silver.

#18325 3 years ago

I took this picture earlier today. Sorry for the glare in the window.

6CBBAAC9-6D09-4C0A-B2B0-7E359FDE6023 (resized).jpeg6CBBAAC9-6D09-4C0A-B2B0-7E359FDE6023 (resized).jpeg
#18417 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I think this is one of our major problems today, none of us are truly certain of the facts as "news" too often seems an opinion piece or slant. We see an article and run with it. I'm guilty as well. I didn't double check any of these things.

Confirmation bias is real. I’m most happy these days when my TV is off.

#18420 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

How have previous pandemics ended? How will this end? It will end in 1 of 2 ways, either socially or medically.

If you have access to ST:TNG you should watch season 1 episode 21 it doesn’t follow the same premise as what we have going on now but is a good perspective and somewhat relatable to the video.

#18599 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sadly, a lot of people have no idea that their news source is biased. Here's a great chart that shows the bias of some of the most popular online news sources ...
[quoted image]

I think it’s funny how they declare the difference between “news only” and “opinion”.

#18633 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Tentatively agree lol
Having said that .... whom want's to be in a trench?.

Wanting to be and ordered to be are two completely different things.

#18697 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

My hands are around my face more than ever because of these masks. I honestly feel they are counterintuitive for me. I'd rather just keep washing my hands and keeping my distance.

I heard standing on those social distancing circles glued to the floor gives you immunity

#18722 3 years ago

"We may be in for a very apocalyptic fall, I'm sorry to say," said Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine.

#18730 3 years ago

Y’all need to relax a bit.

#18839 3 years ago

Too bad to hear about that. I’ve been all over the country for work and unfortunately I can’t agree with the “MN nice” phrase anymore. I’ve received great hospitality in many other regions of the country. That being said I was born in MN and currently live here now.

#18962 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

He JUST said to avoid politics.

Don’t tell the government that my entire house is infected with pinball machines.

#19196 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im waiting for someone to do a Covid retheme of a Pinball.
Mask Multiball
Light PPE ramp
Quarantine Jackpot
Avoid the Covid Virus shots when lit
Social Media Frenzy

No multiball, you'd have to install 1 ball in the machine and the rest need to wait outside the cabinet.

#19213 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

allowed any idiot with a camera and keyboard to spew forth wild hair brained thoughts

This perfectly describes how YouTube started and became so successful.

But which parts do we censor? The things you agree with or the the things I agree with? What if we don’t agree on the same thing?

If I see something I don’t agree with I just tune into something different or hear the other argument.

#19269 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Really starting to look like 2021 will be a total write off as well.

I hope you are wrong but fear you might be right.

That being said I’m happy to write off this winter so going into spring/summer of 21 hopefully we can have all this behind us.

#19294 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Does any one else wonders what it would of been like if it never happened?

Depends if you are wanting to look at something specific. I’d have been at MGC and expo this year if it didn’t happen.

COVID-19 isn’t the first virus nor will it be the last.

#19421 3 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

My "pinside member" numbers were an attempt to make the problem more relatable. You are correct in that they only hold if everyone is infected. In the herd immunity scenario it would only infect about 60% of them, so only 6-17 would die.

You should have added some comorbidities such as age of computer, amount of dust in the power supply fan, processing speed, browser and version, how many applications running. ISP and bandwidth.

#19423 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-54566730
Remdesivir 'has little or no effect' on survival, says WHO

So I read the article and saw:

“ Only an old steroid - dexamethasone - has proven life-saving.”

Wonder why we aren’t hearing more of that then?

I mean, it sounds like they are trying to look for the silver bullet and calling everything else worthless. Understanding that this steroid has likely been around long before Covid and isn’t meant to treat it but if it’s worth a shot....

#19499 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have been taking a break from Pinside lately and my life has actually been better because of it.

You just need to find the right subforum. I find the EM crew usually have no time for BS. They (we) just want to talk pinball and restore our older gems.

#19547 3 years ago

Things must be getting better.

I opened Apple news this morning and the first article says the numbers are up in half the states.

Yesterday the top article said numbers are up in 48/50 states.

This whole year has been a game of fun with fractions.

1 week later
#19781 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am officially imposing a 72 hour moment of silence. I wish you all well. As for me, I will be Internet silent for 72 hours.
I am flat out disappointed.
-Thomas

I can respect that. I’d even go so far as to extend that into next week (I’m not telling or ask you to just my perspective on things). Emotions have been and will continue to run high.

1 week later
#20028 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Pucker up.
Some grocery stores are limiting toilet paper and disinfecting wipe purchases again

Funny you say that. I was at Sams club last night and they had tons of pallets of TP and they were stacked high.

It was the industrial POM5000 you’d find at a wayside rest. Now THAT will make your bum pucker up.

#20061 3 years ago

Had to take an after hours call today for work. The good news, the ER at the hospital I went to was almost empty, the bad news their ICU is full.

That's in deer country too so hopefully they don't see many "I feel out of the deer stand" or worse, "he thought I was a deer" cases as that season just started.

#20071 3 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

Dumbass crowds are dumbass crowds no matter who's in them.

Friday night on the news here they were trying to sound worried about firearm deer opener here in MN with social distancing? Really? Of all the events happening they are worried about groups of one to three just sitting around outside? It’s likely they are from the same household too. They should be a lot more worried about people at the gas pumps or grocery stores.

#20126 3 years ago

An average age of 85 for COVID death seems a little high to me? Do you have a link to a source for that? Just curious.

It’s on the CDC website

#20186 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Twin cities region:
Regions Hospital has over 20 people in emergency room waiting for beds to become available.
Methodist is on divert.
Lakeview 95% full. (Edit: granted lakeview is super tiny to begin with, so a fire at a house party could fill it to 95%)

I’m still scratching my head as to why Bethesda went from Covid house to homeless shelter. Don’t get me wrong nobody should freeze outside but I’d think they’d be big enough to divide up some space and have room for everyone.

Can’t remember if Fairview/ Healtheast sold that building or not yet.

#20268 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On this virus "going away on it's own".
Well, we better hope so, because nothing mankind does is going to make it go away.
It took three full years for the 1918 pandemic to go away, which it pretty much did on it's own.

And the world had a lot fewer people to spread it too and we didn’t move around as much/ easily.

#20298 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

In a discouraging update, Scott Atlas (a task force covid advisor) was on the TVs yesterday advocating that everyone should spend one last Thanksgiving with their elderly relatives.
Not. Helping.

Unfortunately for a lot of families, myself included, that one last Thanksgiving with elderly relatives was last year. Makes no sense for him saying that now that it's been around for so long.

#20299 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I must need some coffee........

Or you just thought you were in the wrong thread?

#20348 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

but most of all no relatives!

For those who hate their in laws will be looking on the bright side for thanksgiving this year.

#20358 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I work in grocery, and this is the biggest question we have.

I was at Sams club in Eagan today. They have a limit on 5 turkeys. Five? How many people would you have to invite to need 5 birds? As a kid I don’t remember having more than 1. Let alone in this covid climate.

#20379 3 years ago

“I’ll be home for Christmas” will be the most popular holiday song this year I think.

Followed by someone’s remix of “Baby it’s COVID outside”.

#20427 3 years ago

Perkins now selling toilet paper.

E89F7447-71E3-4422-B385-096C421958FC (resized).jpegE89F7447-71E3-4422-B385-096C421958FC (resized).jpeg
#20450 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

damn near everyone is an essential worker.

Can’t argue that when lots of people prefer food clothing and shelter. If govt isn’t giving out the money people will be wanting to work.

#20525 3 years ago

Sounds like things are getting better CDC says we only have to quarantine 7-10 days rather than 14. Wonder what changed.

#20529 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Amazingly compassionate photograph. Why would someone downvote this?

Fat fingered from an iPhone. I’m sure I’ve accidentally downvoted long time ago. One reason I changed my settings to show upvotes only and don’t accidentally p/o someone.

1 week later
#20692 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

This is why we can't have nice things right now.[quoted image]

That or the entire flood blames the one raindrop.

#20693 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That must be what the science is saying now.

50 days by Christmas

(and yes I know the math doesn’t add up)

1 week later
#20808 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It does make some sense that the "mainstream media", so to speak, is super Desperate for attention...

Proverbially using the delete button, unfortunately, is also a part of history.

#20836 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I also believe covid-19 might seem like small potatoes compared to one of the next ones.

I’ve also heard from others that spectate that C-19 is the “little one” compared to other things that might become an issue which may or may not be a virus.

Not meant to scare but it’s just good to be aware of what’s going on around you and be prepared a little.

#20874 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

"In California, wealthy patients are offering top dollar to cut the line for a Covid-19 vaccine"
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/19/us/covid-vaccine-wealthy-california-patients/index.html
At least the selfish rich bastards are being told they have to wait in line with everyone else.

You’d think after waiting in line for their kids college they’d have learned their lesson.

#20926 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have a sneaking suspicion that once the vaccine gets to rolling it will be like going to get your driver's license renewed or getting new tags for your car.
Please take a number....

I have my number as of this afternoon. I can get it as soon as next week but a little hesitant since it’s in extremely short supply around these parts and I’m not required to have it....yet.

#20932 3 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

So how does one "get a number" - do you get a call or something in the mail? I sure hope it's not via the USPS - they are so overwhelmed and hit by COVID that they will be delivering this year's gifts NEXT Christmas!

No I was playing off the previous posters verbiage. My number being a letter qualifying me for a vaccination ASAP.

#20953 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just received some absolutely gut-wrenching news. A friend of mine has passed away. He was a very young man, and I was told he had a lot of breathing problems and shortness of breath in his last couple of days. He had asthma and it looks like he caught covid. He was 23, and his body was found on Christmas morning. His name was Zach.
Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear this for him and his family.

One thing we need to remember is even though this year sucks, our problems directly and indirectly related to this whole fiasco don’t automagically go away on Jan 1st a lot of healing will take many years and it’s important to respect this going into the new year.

#21022 3 years ago

Coworker of mine just lost his dad and I don't think he was that old, no other comorbidities either.

2 weeks later
#21219 3 years ago

Now there’s something our society doesn’t seem to be very good at or seem interested in.

#21235 3 years ago

Second vaccine done today! Is this the one with the tracking chip in it or was it the first one?

Must be the second. I wasn't able to see you on the pinmap yesterday.

Looks like you're playing MBr today. Good choice!

#21277 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I’ve read through most of this thread and for the most part I’m seeing “experts” comment on the inaccurate case/death counts but very little on the massive spikes in domestic abuse, mental breakdowns, divorce rates

One thing that's been an eye opener on that is my own experience. I'm not a very social and outgoing person and generally a homebody.... After a year of this I'm starting to feel a little nuts. I don't want to begin to imagine what it's like for other people who generally crave human interaction on a daily basis. Plus there isn't anyone else in the house to get annoyed by so fortunately I don't have to worry about divorce or being a victim of domestic abuse.

2 weeks later
#21491 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Yes strange how the case numbers etc have vanished off CNNs main screen too.

They probably needed to adjust their coding to correct all the data that was incorrectly coming out of New York all of last year?

1 month later
#21999 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Would a UV wand be good for the multiple amazon packages my wife and daughter in law buy?

I'd start with changing the password on the amazon account first

All that aside I think the package issue isn't so much a concern anymore. UPS is at my house almost daily and I usually chuck the packages inside the house and open them up the next day and haven't had any symptoms since this all started. But I'd be more worried about catching something from walking into emergency rooms every day and surprised that hasn't gotten me yet.

2 weeks later
#22250 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is this really going to be a thing?[quoted image]

Who knows maybe society will play out like Demolition Man and the non vaccination people will be forced down into the sewers.

1 week later
#22288 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’m glad you posted this. I was gonna post something but figured you guys would just accuse me of stirring the pot. [quoted image][quoted image]

That's the problem. If there's something wrong people are fearing of speaking up to get canceled on which is popular nowadays. If there's an issue speak up and let people decide for themselves what to believe. But apparently that's too much for most people and the rest seem to get memory holed.

It's good to see things in multiple lights.

#22289 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

But, I think it's primarily just a case of the media jumping on a juicy headline for clicks.

I won't take the time to look everything up but off the top of my head I first remember hearing this took place at one site in the country.....then the other night I am hearing issues of this in up to 5 states.

Too early to make any judgement calls but just something to be aware of.

#22338 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is there a test to see if your body has created antibodies?

As far as I know there is.

2 weeks later
#22594 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

BREATHING. You forgot to list breathing around other people. It is very important to understand that the other person can look 100% healthy, and can literally just breathe in the same space, and pass the virus to you in tiny droplets.
As an example, have you ever “seen your breath” on a cold morning? Do you know what you are seeing is tiny droplets that have condensed from vapor coming out of your lungs? These are the very small and light ones that hang in the air.

Or like the fog that shows up on my glasses even when wearing a mask.

#22665 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

How does everyone feel about mask wearing in your area?
Should we continue? Stop? Slow down?
I'm curious to know.

Too soon to stop, might be ok to stop outside etc. especially since there are full patios now and people gotta get food in their mouths somehow.

But anyone who doesn’t like any current policy need not worry, it’ll change by the month like it’s always done.

#22773 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

IPFA has been transparent...I believe they are waiting for 51 percent of IFPA reps to approve turning it back on. THe number is currently hoovering around 30 percent. As more get the vax more confidence will grow; but remember these reps are worldwide so everybody needs to get it together. (This is all as relayed from a bud so who knows could be horseshit).

That would be kind of sucky for possibly up to 49% of countries on the other side of the world who couldn’t participate if they are having Covid issues.

However we would hope the rest who vote would be gracious enough to take this into consideration and not say yes right away.

#22794 2 years ago

Was at Costco tonight and chatted with the manager, who was not wearing a mask and asked his policy and said just be vaccinated and threw his arms up when it comes to showing proof.

Maybe a handful of people not wearing not including him and two other employees one of which was serving their in house food….so yeah.

Last I checked the vaccine doesn’t completely prevent you from getting or transmitting covid. Looked at the CDC website just now regarding catching or spreading while fully vaccinated proceeds with a word salad followed by…yeah kinda sorta some things are reduced and finally wrapped up with the word “unknown” at the end.

Here’s a great summary;

#22826 2 years ago

90% for O-din to get his account enabled, 100% vaccination then O-din gets to be a moderator.

“But sir, you’ve already been vaccinated”

“Don’t care need another shot now we’re making O-din moderator, now JAB me nurse”

3 weeks later
1 month later
#23613 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

School district just updated their covid protocols for this fall:
1) masks recommended but not required
2) quarantine for known exposure recommended but not required
3) staying home after a positive test recommended but not required.
Furthermore, they have canceled the learn from home option.
Looks like I will be scrambling to withdraw from the district in time.

Sheesh they might as well say “concern about covid is recommended but not required”

2 weeks later
#24198 2 years ago

I was half paying attention to the news last night and heard them talk about “delta plus”. Anyone know the quick and dirty on that? Apparently we have cases here in MN but that’s the first I’ve heard it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.