Topic Stats

• 21,379 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by 7oxford
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,078 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (10 months ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (10 months ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by Pinball_Gizzard (10 months ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (10 months ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

803 posts in this topic match your search for posts by crazylevi. You are on page 1 of 4.
#84 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

The facts are no one was or could truly be expected to be prepared for these things. Health systems just aren't built for this type of infectious rates. I don't blame anyone, I'm more interested in just getting through it wife myself and my wife alive.

You sure are a lot more forgiving and understanding than I am.

#142 10 months ago
Quoted from Dono:

I personally feel that posting these types of numbers is irresponsible... I am sensitive to how bad it could potentially be in this country, but if you view what's happening in China, Korea, Japan, and the fact that these countries are now flatlining or slowly diminishing with new cases, how can anyone responsibly say that there is going to be a 70% infection rate? That just seems way over the top to me.

You gotta go big or go home.

Any Numbers that scare people into taking this seriously are not too big.

Fact is nobody knows what will happen. We all get to find out together. Yay!

#323 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Your continuous misspelling "Covad" says it all.

You know what they say; if you can’t spell it, it’s a hoax!

#424 10 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The USA dropped the ball and has a very stupid population.

LMAO!
Tough but fair.

#425 10 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think a one week , nationwide quarantine will be announced this weekend. If I’m wrong, I’ll buy all of Pinside a beer.

Why bother? Would have to be at Least two weeks for it to matter.

I think it should happen. But I doubt it does. Americans just don’t like being told what to do even when it’s life and death.

#443 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

1000s of Americans trapped overseas trying to get home.
Perhaps they should have thought about that weeks ago.

Perhaps they should wait till we get our shit together to come back.

#677 10 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where is Levi? he hasn't posted nor has he answered a PM. I hope he is ok.

I'm ok! Was just doing some stuff away from the phone/computer.

I'll be the first to admit I needed a break. Been taking a few bike rides, playing a little pinball. It's beautiful out there the last 2 days.

#701 10 months ago

A couple pics from 10th ave including Nycpc’s home the skyline hotel, short tan building on the left. Of course usually tons of traffic.
60D69487-6EB3-41C0-8F6F-C83566DEC049 (resized).jpegB848422E-BE96-4047-8A38-618783C29D08 (resized).jpeg

#747 10 months ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

It was verbatim the exact thing he said. Is there another quote I'm missing? If he said it, he said it. If this is the quote you are referencing, it shows the hoax he is talking about is how the Democrats are using the virus to smear him.
Besides, now is not the time for blame. We can learn from this and adapt changes on how we handle future pandemics in the future.
Both sides are working together to get us through this. My Governor Newsom has done a very good job handling this. I look forward each day to what Dr. Fauci has to say. For once, Congress is working together to find solutions. American companies like Apple, Ford, GM, Tesla, Hanes, Google, etc..., are stepping up.
Scientists will get a handle on this. The only thing we can do is follow logical suggestions, help each other, and support people that have the power/knowledge to mitigate this.

ANY public official who spent weeks and months downplaying the risks of Coronavirus is guilty of in incompetence and negligence at best, treason and murder at worse. Stop trying to excuse this nonsense away it’s disgusting.

#750 10 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'm afraid it's time we expel NY from the US and cut our losses. You guys are Canada's problem now.

I would GLADLY secede to Canada now.

Couldn’t possibly be worse.

#765 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah and throw your mayor in there with that. He has shown a staggering degree of incompetence in how he has handled the outbreak in NYC. I read his advisors were begging him for days to close schools, restaurants, etc while he continued to make his daily journey to the YMCA for work outs and pretend it should be business as usual. He dragged his feet and New York has a major healthcare crisis in the making.
Meanwhile air traffic to and from the New York area has continued which has contributed to spread all over the eastern seaboard and country. 5-6 of the earliest cases here in Utah were from New Yorkers who came here for ski vacations. They contributed to the breakout in Park City which is a ski hub with a relatively small local population.
This isn't New Yorkers fault but to your point, it is on the feds who should have shut down air traffic from early hotzones like New York, Seatte, etc. 7-10 days ago along with Europe.
Of course, there is plenty of blame to go around there. Had they done that, NYC's mayor, governor, and other national politicians would have screamed bloody murder and politicized that issue as well.
What all of this has taught me is that even in the event of a legitimate national crisis where potentially thousands of lives and the economy is at stake, politicians on both sides of the aisle seem to prioritize political agendas and scoring points over the needs of the country. This contributes to gridlock and gets in the way of taking quick, decisive action that in this case could have made a big difference.

Our mayor could Have done better, should have closed the bars and movie theaters a cooler said earlier. Our gov is doing a great job.

Both have acted
Like adults, and not gone out of their way to try to convince us it’s a hoax, or no big deal, or is well under control.

To do so would have been criminally negligent, and an act of near-treason. Anybody who did that for the months leading up to this deserves the blame for their actions and should be publicly shamed; actions like that are costing lives at this very moment.

#778 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Your mayor could have and should have done a lot better. He is largely responsible for the mess right now in NYC.
Acted like an adult? He ignored everyone around him for days begging him to close schools, etc while showing a blatant disregard for public health and showing a terrible example bu going to his favorite YMCA every day.
Sorry but you cant just point fingers at the feds and not look at the glaring incompetence and mistakes made at the local level by your mayor.
Both have made blunders but unfortunately those made by your mayor have have a much bigger impact on the current uncontained spread in your city than any other one person.

Lol like I give a shit about the mayor. I don’t.

Was nice of him not to not go on TV and lie to us every day for weeks, though, and tell us all it was no big deal, and was all a media plot to hurt him.

Pretty low baseline I know but even that seems to be higher than many have.

#782 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

They did as theirs was the one adopted by the WHO. The CDC decided they wanted to develop their own tests that could not only test but for coronavirus but rule out similar symptom diseases like influenza, etc at the same time.
The test failed and cost us valuable time. This combined with the misguided CDC plan to centralize and control testing (not allowing private labs to offer their own tests) for only those that met certain criteria has proven disasterous.

So do you draw a paycheck from Fox News or are you providing us with this constant nonsense and history rewriting for free?

I don’t think it’s gonna work. In the end most
People will remember who sold
Out our entire country just to score some points with his base.

#800 10 months ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Tournament players check your e-mails. I just got notice that a tournament we played at (I think Colorado) had someone test positive for Covid-19.

COuld you post the note?

#810 10 months ago

The answer to "what would you say to scared Americans" was...interesting.

Some people have empathy and other human qualities, some people don't.

#819 10 months ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Who exactly is Anthony Fauci?
A bit of history on the man we're all counting on.

If this guy doesn't get a Presidential Medal of Freedom (or equivalent)... WE RIOT!

I highly doubt any respected, educated man of science is likely to get awarded that medal anytime soon. Not until hannity gets one at least.

#854 10 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

if you watch the whole video, he was awarded the MOF in 2008 by George Bush.

Give him another one!

#857 10 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

More exiting non-political back and forth news.
As of today most of the grocery stores are now paying hazard pay to there employees.
Also many stores are now installing plexiglass dividers between the customers and cashiers. Doesn't help all the people on the floor re-stocking the selves but it's a start.

Are you getting these benefits at your workplace?

#898 10 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like the NY governor is planning to set up temporary hospital sites in the NYC area. One of the identified sites is the Javits center, known for hosting the NYC comic con. Also, two SUNY colleges, and another convention center.
https://auburnpub.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/ny-coronavirus-cases-top-k-cuomo-ids-temporary-hospital-sites/article_25b836f2-6a71-5ffe-a84f-1ab268642f64.html

Yay, javits! 10 blocks from home.

I’ll drop by and take some pics.

#932 10 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For anyone interested, NY governor's presentation and Q&A from earlier today:

Cuomo is doing a great job.

#949 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Tiny chickens and workers that don't give a shit.

Hey!!! My first job was at KFC and I took great pride in my work!

I still have the shirt somewhere. And it almost still fits!!

#1058 10 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

For what it’s worth, Italy has a nationalized health care system. Like what people are proposing for the USA.

A statement like that - with no context or
Point - really
Isn’t worth much.

#1060 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Two things:
1. Italy has the a high number of people over 65 in their population. That will increase the overall death rate.
2. Italy's healthcare system is being pushed to the brink. When that happens, the mortality rate will increase for not only COVID-19 patients but all patients. If there are no ICU beds available, if there are no ventilators available then patients who might have survived with proper care will die. Also patients with OTHER diseases who need ICU care will also die. That's why it's so important to flatten the curve to avoid overwhelming the healthcare system of a country.

I got a question doc:

Isn’t it too little, too late, and too half ass to “flatten the curve” to a point where we do better than Italy?

I live in nyc and the past two days I’ve seen sweaty guys with no shirts on playing half court basketball In groups of 10. If that’s going on here in nyc I can’t imagine how seriously the rest of the country is taking this.

#1136 10 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is past time for the Olympics to be cancelled. Worldwide pandemic ongoing so flying athletes, support team and fans (unbelievable) from every county to mingle in large groups make zero sense and is irresponsible. Even if the half the countries were down to a few new cases a day, mixing them with folks from the other countries that are active is a sure fire way to restoke the problem once they return home (by another flight). Stupid. Consider the Games closed and the sooner they announce the closing the better.
One solution would be to postpone them for 2 years and plan to hold them Summer 2022. By then the outbreak should be contained and we may have a vaccine. The experts can tell us if there is any danger of another outbreak without a vaccine for the Olympics to proceed even then. Postponing them one year would probably not be feasible because there might not be a vaccine approved yet.

A friend of mine is involved in Olympics prep. Basically they have until May to make their decision, in theory at least. But if sponsors all drop out they won’t have much choice.

I don’t see any way we see any sports until football season.

#1144 10 months ago

Yeah we all know about this miracle cure now. More snake oil designed to distract by people who are desperate to deliver some good news to the American public. There is no magic carpet that’s going to whisk us away from this crisis “soon”. STAY HOME.

#1148 10 months ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Doc, can you clear up that question ... Do we need to be concerned about coronavirus in things we ingest? I was under the impression that the virus could be caught via mouth, nose, eyes, etc.

That’s been addressed recently in this thread. The answer is probably not. Doesn’t mean you should go licking sneeze guards.

#1159 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Very seriously. Barely anybody is out in the Philly suburbs where I live (Bucks County). Riding around in an ambulance, and not much activity at all.
Certainly no group gatherings or pick-up shirts vs. skins basketball games going on in my neck of the woods. Thankfully.
“Now you’re in New York...concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do.” I blame Alicia Keyes.

Wonderful.

So when this is all over the only people left will be Eagles fans!

#1166 10 months ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I'm not hearing or reading much from the "it's just the flu" crowd these days. I hope they're doing OK?

They’ve moved on to “that chorine stuff that health organizations are saying don’t use and is killing people will cure this in 2 days” and “what about mayor deblasio?!” With a little bit of “Chinese virus!” Thrown in.

It’s pretty weak material but I guess anything is better than simply not typing anything?

#1167 10 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Take this or leave it. A friend of the family works in a pediatricians office and has been a health advocate for years. She’s in Spain. A doctor colleague (with contacts in China....I know, I know...) shared some info with her:
Autopsies done in China have confirmed how the virus attaches to the respiratory system and closes them down with thick mucous, blocking airways and lungs. So if you are to apply a medicine, the airways must be unblocked for the medicine to take effect. Positive reactions to medication may take days.
Drink warm drinks to help wash the virus down into your stomach where gastric juices can break it down before it can impact the lungs. Drink warm water every 20 minutes. Gargle with antiseptic - lemon juice or vinegar will work. Avoid drinking cold things. If you feel a sore throat coming on, use the warm fluid techniques. You have 3-4 days to break it down before it gets to the lungs.
Other recommendations: it sticks to clothes. If you’re around people and return home, get your clothes in the wash and get yourself in a bath or shower to soap down. Don’t sit down first. Hanging clothes in direct sunlight can help neutralize the virus, but soap better.
Handrails and door handles (metal) can keep the virus around for days. Wash the. Down.
Animals don’t spread the virus.
Elevate your zinc. Eat fruits and vegetables, not just vitamin C.
Wash hands every 20 minutes....probably not necessary if your already sheltering at home.
Social distance!
I live about 20 miles NW of NYC, and we got a call from the town today saying the virus is spreading rapidly now through the county. First time that specific message has been conveyed. I was going to go out and restock some liquor supplies this afternoon. Mainly mixers, like Compari and Sweet Vermouth, because I do enjoy a nice cocktail (Boulevadiars and Negronis are personal favorites) but now I guess I’ll stay in. Only been out in public three times in last 10 days, shopping for food/liquor. Last time being Friday morning. I wonder if that’s that for awhile.

Damn it’s gonna be like Silkwood with a bar over at your place!

#1175 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

If you've got an insensitive prick why would you be getting that??
Hey-O!!!! Rimshot!

Don’t quit the day job doc!!

#1180 10 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Did you read the published study from 2005 at all? This is not some “miracle” cure. It’s been know to be effective for 15 years.

I don’t know what to tell you dude.

89C17754-7896-4970-BD1D-CC81D30407D3 (resized).jpeg65392AC6-5FE0-4648-841B-3AE6895F19BC (resized).jpeg
#1189 10 months ago

The same WHO who said it was not a pandemic? The same WHO that said there were no cases of human to human transmission?

Tin foil hats also don’t cure the virus.

#1210 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

There are several human clinical trials going on now regarding chloroquine. The one that was done in China had some issues with one of the groups that received both drugs, the '100%' group. It wasn't really 100%.
I am as hopeful about it as anyone and hope that it works. When a doctor (like Fauci or similar) gets excited about this, then I am ready to get excited about it. Until then, it is unnecessary hype that can lead to problems.

Exactly. When a doctor I trust expresses optimism I will be willing to share in that optimism.

When the source is someone who has been lying about this entire situation for his own gain for months, forgive me for not thinking a cure is around the corner.

We all know the only trustworthy source of info from the top these days is Faucci and he isn’t buying into the chlorine snake oil bullshit.

#1214 10 months ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I wouldn't put so much stock in Faucci. I personally don't trust him anymore than the person standing behind him when he talks. He said "Not everyone needs to get tested. I don't see how testing everyone would help prevent the spread".
Obviously if you test everyone you can isolate the people who are not showing symptoms and spreading the virus. Also look at South Korea.. They tested like mad and are the only country to flatten the curve.

I’m grading on a Curve here. Faucci is doing the best he can within the constraints he has. He’s probably already this close to being fired and replaced by an old football coach, former apprentice contestant, or pharma exec.

We need to enjoy Faucci while we can.

#1225 10 months ago

Germany bans gatherings of over 2 people. Those sharing homes excluded of course.

Good policy.

#1260 10 months ago

Ask your son, dipshit. Maybe he can tell you.

#1263 10 months ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

US just posted 14,000 new cases today. Probably due to expanded test results coming back.

Huh. Better not let that cruise ship dock. Could “skew the numbers.”

#1264 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I wish I was my dog right about now, not a care in the world.[quoted image]

Kinda gross. But adorable.

#1284 10 months ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Yes. Nothing for me in here.

Damn. Suicide by mod!!!!

#1290 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Rand Paul, Senate typhoid mary:
During the Senate GOP lunch today, Moran told colleagues that Rand was at the gym this morning, per two sources briefed on the lunch, and that he was swimming in the pool. Rand got his COVID-19 results back this morning.

O. M. G.

Come on man!!!!

And close the gym already!!

#1298 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

If he was tested he should have been quarentined so if he broke that there should be consequences

Even with this shit going on, there’s a separate set of rules for the rich and powerful.

#1311 10 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So once again this is where fake news gets posted and spread. While Rand Paul was in fact at the gym this morning there is no evidence that he was there after the tests for being positive came in.
So quit posting fake news and narratives. If you have evidence he did in fact do this after he tested positive I would agree with you sentiment. I don’t even like Rand Paul in the first place, so there’s no reason to defend him for anything. But what I do hate is people spreading fake news and hysteria
Here is an article also mentioning your reference and there is no proof of either
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/rand-paul-says-he-has-coronavirus
“ It is unclear if his workout came before or after getting his test results back.”

If you have symptoms or have been tested, you are supposed to hunker down, not go to the gym. Zero “fake” about this news.

And please stop posting Washington examiner propaganda. That’s not “news,” real or fake.

#1380 10 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Quebec is allowing police to breakup any group over 2 people.
Nova Scotia is fining people $1000 for not practicing social distancing.

I like it.

This mr. nice guy shit needs to end. There’s a huge portion of the American public who refused to wear a seatbelt until they started getting fined for it.

#1414 10 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Still with the Chinese virus crap? It serves no good purpose.

Sick. No other word
For it.

#1434 10 months ago
Quoted from vex:

I don't consider it racist as hell, but certainly inflammatory and unhelpful at this time.

managing to do all three things at once is almost
Genius!!!

#1441 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought it was George Carlin.

It wasn’t. He was just one of the first to make an act out of it. And it was actually funny and clever.

30 years ago. It’s a little fucking old now. Yeah we get it. You are racist. Saying “I’m not PC...” doesn’t give you a get out of asshole free card when you follow that with awful, racist/offensive stuff.

#1443 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well shit! I'm sure glad I got the Hong Kong flu before that became offensive.

“Kung-flu” is the proper nomenclature, dude.

#1449 10 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Is there some kind of competition going on among the cool kids to see who can get moderates the most?

Who’s cool around here?

Pinball nerds bro!

#1451 10 months ago

I think Americans all agree that the highest priority right now is saving the cruise lines.

#1475 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

The absence of Faucci on this press conference is both unexcusable and disturbing.

It’s Sunday. I guess he needed a break.

Or he’s been fired and replaced by Meat Loaf.

#1500 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The virus is killing off all their customers....why bail them out?

The airlines I understand. We actually NEED them.

The cruise lines?! Who gives a fuck. They don’t even fly American flags because they don’t want to pay taxes.

#1648 10 months ago

I’m a lot less interested in where this virus started than in how it ends.

And I don’t see how making up cute nicknames for it that incites racism helps achieve that goal.

But I’ve been conditioned These days to expect distraction and bullshit rather than competency so can’t say I’m surprised by the focus on this. Honestly I’d be shocked if this WASN’T happening.

Depressing.

#1657 10 months ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Maybe start a separate thread where political warfare is officially allowed??

That's really not a bad idea but I just don't think it'll happen.

It really would work if people didn't drag beefs across thread lines but I have a feeling many here couldn't handle that.

#1662 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Levi hates crossbeefers!!

I can't handle it!!!!

Drag a beef across thread lines into the NFL thread just cause I owned them in some other thread?! Ridiculous!

#1825 10 months ago

I really don’t know why this is all happening.

Is it the 2 months of denial / “this is no big deal” we were subjected to from so many sources before we started taking this seriously?

Is it 250 years of “don’t tread on me” culture that has defiance built into the American psyche?

Are we simply dumber than ever? (I’m sure this gets a lot of votes)

I really have no idea. All I know is we look like a nation of Fn morons and it’s quite embarrassing and depressing. I’m losing faith that people will behave. It seriously might take military intervention.

#1840 10 months ago

Yeah that tweet terrified me.

We can’t even get idiots to stop cramming on to beaches and now we are gonna say “aw fuck it” to prop up the market?

Brilliant. Hope that’s not the idea.

#1844 10 months ago

Wow you came up with that yourself?

Super clever!

#1851 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just trying to balance out all your stupid comments

#1856 10 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

The echo chamber of recycled political talking points and microaggressions is getting tiresome.

The natural evolution is that we simply spit buzzwords at each other for the next few months. Coronavirus mad libs.

#1866 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

To be honest the best thing this country could do at this moment to help us all is suspend the 1st amendment temporarily and begin to prosecute news outlets for irresponsible reporting.

LMAO!!!!!!

Cut this shit out man. If anybody should be prosecuted for “lying” it isn’t the media.

The media are heroes and they have saved this country from the bullshit and lies of others. You are STILL buying into the lies if you think the media is the problem.

I seriously worry this country is broken beyond all recognition. It’s a shame, it was a nice place for a while.

#1877 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

That is incredibly laughable even coming from you Levi.....[quoted image]

Ok mr “suspend the constitution and prosecute the media.”

Seriously...you need a nap. Your suggestion is nothing short of treasonous. It’s clear your allegiance lies not with your millions of countrymen, but with one single person.

#1882 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't want the government to declare anything, I'm stating our news org. to this point are driving this mass panic. We have a problem okay lets deal with it without handing out BS as fact and raising alarm.
I don't know who should decide I just know like this virus we have a definite problem.

We should probably also suspend elections, freedom of religion, and maybe strip women of the vote just to be safe.

Yikes!

#1896 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Levi did you serve your country???? Simple question.

I’m serving it right now by defending the constitution.

#1907 10 months ago

Welcome aboard bro!

Hey wanna go play some basketball in the park?

#2003 10 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Arnold Schwarzenegger has posted a few videos so far. But to be fair, not only is he a big celebrity, he is also a former state governor.

Loving his videos, but for sure, maybe he didn't have to post that one where he's lounging in a hot tub sucking on a stogie telling everybody to stay home.

Like...we don't all have palatial LA mansions bro. The funniest comment was "Nice to see you are taking a virus that attacks the respiratory system seriously while smoking a cigar."

#2026 10 months ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Just got laid off thanks Corona. Best part of that is Denver just shut down the whole city. So I can at least get my unemployment. So it looks like I'll be working on my machines for the next couple weeks.

Hang in there buddy! Half the country going through the same thing.

#2057 10 months ago

Yeah I think I may head down. Sunshine, packed beaches, my elderly parents...sounds like a paradise!

Just saw this article about why touting “cures” that are unproven and unapproved for covid has serious unintended consequences. Let’s try to do this right, folks. Let the doctors and scientists tell us what works. Never has crossed my mind that this could be an issue but makes sense when you think about it.

I hope Costanza can get his Lupus medicine!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lifesaving-lupus-drug-short-supply-after-trump-touts-possible-coronavirus-n1166981

#2061 10 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Massachusetts is now under voluntary shelter in place orders. I gotta help close down my dealership for at least 2 weeks tomorrow. At noon everything non essential has the order to shut down.

Hang in there buddy. I’m really sorry to hear so many are losing work, it sucks. The faster we get rid of this thing the faster we can all go back to work.

#2066 10 months ago

You mean like the media causing mass hysteria and panic buying?

No, I don’t mean that.

Love the media. God bless them.

#2068 10 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thanks man. You’re in a potentially much more serious situation. Stay safe. We need you here!

We gotta keep track of everybody who is getting fucked here and buy our cars / fences / dildos / whatever from pinsider businesses when we are open for business again.

#2075 10 months ago

According to you, I am not a bright individual....

This raises an interesting question; can you be moderated for insulting yourself?

#2077 10 months ago

I drink in moderation.

I haven’t gotten drunk in a week.

I think I’m gonna but the woodford tonight.

#2167 10 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Missed Dr Fauci on today's WH press conference. He will probably be featured on a future segment of "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong"

He's been replaced by Meat Loaf, just like i predicted.

I'll miss him. He was a source of good information. Maybe he'll start a vlog.

#2168 10 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Still chewing on these 2 comments:
1. “The mortality rate is a lot lower than we thought it would be.”
2. Paraphrase: Deaths from an economic crash could be much worse than deaths from the virus

God help us.

#2177 10 months ago

I cannot believe these lunatics are talking about "loosening distancing protocols" and "reopening the economy" in a matter of days. This is madness.

The economy isn't going to recover with our health care system destroyed and 100s of people dying a day. Over 100 deaths today, for the first time.

I cannot believe this is happening in this country. We are JUST getting people used to this shit and now we are gonna say "ah, never mind, the doctors and health experts are idiots we have to get Pizza Hut open again for sit downs. Fuck it."

You guys are all ok with this idea?

#2181 10 months ago

It just seems like we are finally making progress, and now we are gonna throw it all away to keep Laura Ingraham happy.

I feel like I’m gonna puke.

#2183 10 months ago

So this is how America ends. With a cable "News" propaganda network making our public health decisions for us.

We are gonna be a third world country in a couple months.

#2185 10 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Listening to his speech, I don’t think he was really serious about opening things back up. But....if he says that, then it freezes the market with that possibility and probably limits the downside. Also it buys time to see if any of their new treatments are going to work. Basically, he’s taking a gamble...if the treatments work and saves the day in New York, then opening things back up might be a possibility in a couple months. Regardless of it works though, they won’t be opening things back up for at least a month, and probably two as they still don’t have enough tests and it will take 2 to 4 weeks to validate results probably.

I hope you are right man. The vibe I'm getting is these idiots want America open for business in a matter of days. That's what Laura Ingraham wants, and she calls the shots now, for each and every one of us.

#2195 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

The media was asking Trump about months possibly into July and August and he was talking about possibly weeks for some states that are not getting hit as hard as NY and CA. You make it sound like he said in a couple of days and somehow you have no gripe about Dems holding up aid and assistance from Americans that needed it last week. Why don't we wait and see what states start easing restrictions sooner than later before you go full TDS, your in NY so they will be one of the last to follow suit anyway.

Yeah now's a great time for another handout package for billionaires.

Glad there's some resistance.

#2200 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Same old shit. Let's put businesses out of business and get people working again.

whut?

#2217 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Corporate handouts, bailing out the wealthy, making billionaires whole, screwing the little guy, putting profits before people, corporate welfare, voodoo economics....blah blah blah.
This is the same shit that's been said since the 80's, even the NYT is finding it hard to keep it fresh and original!

Huh.

Glad everything is just like the 80s and the biggest crisis our country has seen in my 45 years on Earth is not happening around most of us right now (including out friends overseas).

Perfectly normal. Even the NYT is finding it hard to keep the Covid-19 stories fresh!!!

#2238 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

So I plan to get more groceries - and let’s get real- no one seems to practice distancing when food is involved.
Should I use the self checkout (touch screen - no sanitizer around) or a clerk (more humans touching the food)
Thinking of wearing gloves, but which option is really “cleaner”?
Feel like I’m on some candid camera show in bizarro world. Need a drink.

I'm going with self-checkout these days, and I HATE self-checkout.

It just seems way too difficult at the register. Everybody is on top of each other, the other customers and the cashier. The machine, yeah everybody touches it, whatever. Just do a quick sanitzer, bag, scan and pay, re-sanitize, and grab your shit. I've been twice since this started and that's how I've done it, it's way faster and the machines are spread out nicely.

#2249 10 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Bad news on the automakers ventilators. Not quite as far along in the process as had been suggested by the powers that be. Not really surprised as I was scratching my head about how the hell they could already be up and running.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/03/23/gm-and-ford-are-not-yet-making-ventilators-despite-trumps-assertion/amp/
Good news is that they do plan to do it. More good news is that while they spool up it gives the government time to maybe organize how the new ventilators will be distributed.

Well, we are gonna need them, cause keeping hotels and golf courses open is more important to some people than keeping us off ventilators.

#2256 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Looks like a country that’s ready to open for business! Nothing to see here.

#2305 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

WTF? This makes no sense. We’re even more screwed if this happens:
Our people want to return to work. They will practice Social Distancing and all else, and Seniors will be watched over protectively & lovingly. We can do two things together. THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM! Congress MUST ACT NOW. We will come back strong!

Some people still don’t get it. Stop making dumb promises about impending cures and reopening business in days. We need to stay the course here.

#2316 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I thought the biggest sticking point was giving Mnuchin 500 Billion dollar blank check? So he could decide, without conditions which businesses to bail out and not have to tell us for 6 months.

Yeah, seems to be serious concerns about giving one guy total control of a 500 billion slush fund, especially when that one guy is losing $500,000 a day because his hotels and golf courses are closed.

This kind of potential conflict of interest is exactly why a decent man like Jimmy Carter sold off his beloved peanut farm when he became president.

These days? It’s all just a big cash grab.

#2325 10 months ago

I guarantee Fauci doesn’t make it through the week.

It’s a shame really. It was nice seeing a glimmer of competence up there.

#2355 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

You guys are pathetic....you come on here spout your drama class agendas all in the name of helping....yeah right you have no intentions other than being the assholes you're in real life.
As a Traitor for having given my sweat blood and tears to this country so you can set on your new lazy boys and spout HS, I wouldn't waste the powder to save your petty little lives. People are out their dying and all you can muster is ragging on those that differ from you in their opinions; but hell you didn't need me then and now that you can speak from a place of knowledge (I mean who doesn't know all they need to know after having survived a firefight in fortnite) No not for me,my experience in life goes far beyond that phone you have in your back pocket. I wouldn't waste the powder to save your lives or liberties you take for granted.

Give it a rest, will ya?

Also: bone spurs.
C3D0C064-136C-43F6-A005-B929C595B666 (resized).jpeg

#2462 10 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I lost the first person I know today that died from the Virus in NY.
Guys in New York, should you seriously think about heading out of town somewhere safer
with Friends and Family?

I feel safe here. Hunkered down. Avoiding contact with others as much as possible. Zero issues with supplies, none of the insanity and nonsense we are seeing out in the suburbs and country.

We also have a Governor who is going to keep this place shut down for a while, and isn't interested in killing countless people to appease Laura Ingraham.

I'll take it. I'd feel much less safe in a kowtowing state that isn't gonna take this seriously. Like Texas for example, which appears to be adopting a "kill the grandparents" strategy to re-open the bowling alleys. Brilliant.

#2467 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the stock market is in sudden denial.

It's been a rollercoaster for weeks. THey want to believe the bullshit they are being fed, that this is really over in a week. I have no doubt will see another massive drop when it suddenly becomes clear it won't be.

#2545 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Levi-
Thoughts on NYC being hung out on a limb as a sort of leper colony in the briefings? Seems like a hit job on Cuomo cuz he dares complain.

You guys all know what I think of the most disastrous, incompetent, and willfully negligent fed response to a crisis I’ve seen in my lifetime.

For now I’m just riding it out and hoping our suddenly very popular governor can protect us from the worst person on the planet.

Good news is my apartment is cleaner than ever, I’m playing my guitar again for the first time in years and unleashing face melting solos for my neighbors to enjoy, and I’m getting along well with my Gf who I’ve never spent this much time with. Also enjoying working from home. It’s an interesting time. Just climbed off the fire escape where I was cleaning my windows for the first time ever. We don’t get out much so nice clean windows are really exciting.

Watching someone do push ups in the park now. And a bus just drove by!!

3AAC3EB5-8BC4-4898-8D45-9053F4374A1B (resized).jpeg
#2552 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So, it isn’t like the opening scene of World War Z? Not what I heard...

No it’s not bad.

All the panic buying, hoarding, and general hysteria isn’t happening here. At least not yet.

We’ve kind of been through crazy shit like this before.

View from the Lazyboy

57F663FC-B983-4CE5-87F5-1694849687FB (resized).jpeg
#2572 10 months ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Hell's Kitchen Park?

No socks?

Yeah that’s the park!

Worse things to have a view of in lockdown.

#2596 10 months ago
9E2EBFFA-2023-4F04-A746-37C703790A96 (resized).jpeg
#2768 10 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Kid 17 just died.... Lancaster, California.

The stock market went up yesterday. He did not die in vain.

#2770 10 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Aren’t you guys tired of posting about this yet?...

Not sure what you want from us. This thread is infectious.

#2775 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

What a cheap statement Levi even by your standards, I mean the kid lost his life...……………………...

A serious suggestion for you - put me on ignore. You clearly are agitated by my posts - and miss their point entirely - so why read them?

I’ve picked up about 5 new ignores from this thread, rather than bicker with people. Give it a shot.

#2784 10 months ago
Quoted from chad:

That poster is the best thing in view!

That movie is up next in “Coronavirus Theater” (ie: movies I’m forcing my gf to watch.).

She picked Working Girl early this week so it’s my turn, either this or Robocop.

#2854 10 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Why is the virus spreading?
Because of idiots like this

John Cusack?!

I know he isn't exactly A-list anymore but this is no way to get attention!!

#2910 10 months ago

Irony, thy name is: someone complaining about media manipulation by posting Fox News links.

#2914 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Heard it the first time and am able to look at the big picture. Thanks to Professor Warren we have oversight and a BAN on stock buybacks on the 500 billion Mnuchin fund. Thanks to the minority we have slightly better unemployment benefits—added a month plus additional cash...they wanted more but a turtle fought it. Not sure why you’re obsessed with scoring a dig on this...peace and health to you. I wish upon you the ability to use critical thinking. Peace and love, peace and love.

The bill also prohibits elected officials in the executive and legislative branches from dipping into the $500 billion to prop up their own failing businesses, including hotels and golf courses. This is huge.

#2916 10 months ago
Quoted from taz:

Well then, show us where Fauci has gone on another network and complained that Fox quoted him out of context. Or, continue to dip all of your posts in a healthy dose of virtue signaling.

Fauci isn’t “slamming” the media any more than he’s “slamming” his boss. Fauci doesn’t “slam” anybody, he’s simply trying to do his job as well as he can until he’s fired and replaced by Meat Loaf later this week, or contracts the virus due to his daily facepalms. Enjoy his guidance while it lasts.

#2942 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

come on even you have to admit that some of the asks on the other side had nothing to do with dealing with our economic problems. I also enjoyed the piece on the NY Governor....apparently he had the opportunity to buy 16000 respirators yet refused to allocate the funds yet somehow its Washington's problem....its crazy the spin people put on the facts. I'm just happy that Washington and these Governors (mine included) seem to be working well together to solve this problem....now all we need to do is get back to work by Easter

Conspiracy theory nonsense.

Why do you believe this stuff?

And, the idea that we can or should all be back at work by Easter is so ridiculous it doesn't deserve comment. Once again, we are being lied to and apparently half the country is eating it up. This is the most shameful period in recent American history.

#2945 10 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It took a while but I finally caught up. Reading everything to see if there is something I can take away from this thread to make things better for myself.
Here’s what I observed:
59 pages of about 20 or so of the same dudes just trying to be the first to post info that was posted on another site. Then arguing with each other about if their post is true or how they feel about it.
Mixed with a dr chiming in to correct a few things which all got eclipsed by a tidal wave of arguments and trying to be the first to post other site’s info.

Thanks!

Now summarize the "close the top 100" thread for us please.

#2952 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think u need a heavy dose of Hannity ....

LMAO

I'd prefer a heavy dose of cyanide

These people are rotting viewers' brains and trying to destroy America. In less than two days they've convinced you we should kill hundreds of thousands of people in a misguided attempt to prop up the stock market (it won't work when people are dying in the streets), and you are repeating their talking points verbatim. What they are doing is vile and repulsive and the last person's interests they give a shit about is you.

#2961 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It’s talking point #9 or something...after WHO didn’t say pandemic fast enough, it’s just the flu, cure worse than disease, more people will commit suicide because of Nancy, car crashes are contagious, grandparents should sacrifice their life, fish tank cleaner cures it, 1 million tests by the end of the week, and 10k by Christmas

It's a dizzying bullshit tsunami and the low point for the USA during my lifetime.

#2973 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

@crazylevi this question is not meant to be confrontational in any way...it’s just a topic that I feel is at the core of the crisis we are in and I feel is worthy of an honest discussion as I have mixed emotions about it myself. Are you still receiving a paycheck or financially stable right now? If this is not appropriate please don’t answer and the discussion can be had in this thread in other ways.

Yes, I've been open that I'm still working, still drawing a weekly paycheck, and EXTREMELY thankful that I am, and extremely sympathetic for those who aren't. And I couldn't be more thankful for those on the front lines (grocery/pharmacy/health care) while I can work from the comfort of home.

I understand the urge to "get back to work" but we cannot entertain these fantasies until this is under control, whenever that is (and the experts tell us "Easter" is not a realistic timeline). There's a million words out there (or youtube videos if you prefer) that spell out exactly the reasons. I may be working but I am experiencing the same hardships as everybody else with the market/retirement (I've "lost" around $100,000 this month). It'll come back, eventually, unlike the potentially hundreds of thousands of people (or more) Sean Hannity wants to kill so Macy's and AMC Theaters are open again for Easter weekend.

That's not how the USA or economy is supposed to work. And please, try to remember, this isn't just about people suffering from Covid. It's also about ANYBODY who needs a hospital visit in the near future; if the hospitals are overwhelmed with Covid patients, EVERYBODY who needs hospital care will potentially suffer. Countless people, really.

#2980 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Good to hear. I’m a locomotive engineer for a railroad here in Pittsburgh, my wife is a certified ambulance coder and we are both still working with no kids. I have been all for a national lockdown but have mixed emotions now. I feel that for selfish reasons I want everything shut down, even more than it is. Both my wife and I are still receiving paychecks so a lockdown gives us the best possible chance to not get the virus. Thus, being selfish. But I started thinking, what if I didn’t have money coming in and kids for instance. Would I feel differently? I can only assume that I would probably feel much different if I could no longer pay my bills and ultimately put food in their mouths. I really think this is the core issue that is dividing the nation. Thoughts?

Well I don't have kids so obviously we are in much different boats. My thoughts are pretty clear; we can't reopen for business until this is under control. At the same time, we need to financially assist people who are potentially in dire financial straits because of this.

This is a completely unprecedented event and it will require completely unprecedented action - from locking down to ending this as soon as possible, to financial recovery assistance for ALL of those affected. It's a huge undertaking and it requires sacrifice from all of us.

Maybe it's a pipe dream but I'd like to think the country that put a man on the moon and helped defeat fascism can pull this off, even if it's easier to just say "tough titty, every man for himself." We can't just laugh this off and that's what's so infuriating to me; too many of us are STILL in denial about this.

#2996 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

So here’s my next question. You said we can’t reopen for business until this is under control. What do you mean by reopen and to what extent? Both companies my wife and I work for are considered “essential”. But why is it okay that I am allowed to continue to work and not others? In theory, for a true lockdown to be effective, no one should be able to work. As long as some people are working, like hospitals, grocery stores, etc., this virus will continue to be around indefinitely or until a vaccine is found. We cannot all stay “home” indefinitely. Why can’t other companies like mine practice the strict cleaning/disinfecting orders and social distancing orders and still work. Those that can work from home, like my wife, should absolutely do so, no question! I guess the danger is staying “closed” for too long will bring about another set of problem that might be just as dangerous or worse than what we are dealing with. I guess my thought is we must slowly, carefully, and safely “open” as much as possible when we can as soon as we can. I don’t know...just thinking.

I'm really not sure. But I do know we can't make any rash decisions and we need to wait and see. Hopefully that proper time will become clear before too long. But we can't just arbitrarily say "Easter!" or "6 weeks!" when we don't even have a solid grasp on any of this stuff yet.

It just doesn't work that way. Let's rely on doctors, health officials, etc. for direction, not the business community.

#2999 10 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Some in the GOP like Lindsey Graham and Meghan McCain have starting calling out “Health vs Economy” as a false choice. There’s no way that things can just go back to normal while hundreds of thousands of Americans are dying. And while we can’t keep doing lockdowns and social distancing forever, we can do it for a few more months, long enough to give the hospitals and researchers a fighting chance.
I respect that some people believe we can go back to work and still be careful, but I disagree. We’re talking about a nation that’s hoarding toilet paper and fish tank cleaner. It just takes a few fools to make the workplace dangerous again.

I'm sure 'ole Lindsey will fall in line sooner rather than later, but what he's saying now is certainly correct.

#3017 10 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Again, it’s based on the modeling. Not looking at where we are, but rather where we are going to be.
If we open up now (or in the next few weeks) the hospitals will be overwhelmed and the mortality rate will spike significantly.

Right, it’s like space invaders.

Don’t shoot where they are. Shoot where they are going to be.

#3025 10 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It's not hard to see how we get to hundreds of thousands of deaths.
Here's the math on the low end:
330M population * 25% of population infected * 1% mortality = 825,000
On the high end (the "Easter plan"), we might have this by 2021:
330M population * 70% of population infected * 3% mortality = 6.93 million

And again, it can’t be stressed enough:

Little Johnny gets hit by a car? Tough shit. The hospitals are full.

People really need to grasp once and for all what this all means, not just for “at risk” boomers but also for each and every person they care about. Even if that’s only themselves.

#3037 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Right, then every 2.5 people he comes in contact with also catches car hit by, then they all give car hit by to 2.5 each, cuz car crashes kill people and we don’t care or something....what was I saying?

I knew we were doomed when they started with the carguments

#3075 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Hand raised.

Genuinely thought it was Thursday.

#3225 10 months ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Just 5 more days left of "15 Days to Slow The Spread."
Maybe putting an expiration date in the name of the campaign was a bad idea.

I’m so excited that in 5 days this is all over and we continue life exactly as before!

God bless the USA!

#3261 10 months ago

This is our future (From the NYT). I'm trying to figure out why so many people here have convinced themselves this won't happen in the USA, to the point where we are already considering pulling back from the measures we have finally gotten people to accept. Do we have magic air in the USA? Is there some kind of force field we have that Italy doesn't?

---

Death of Store Clerk in Italy Highlights Contagion’s New Front Line

The pandemic has turned people who fill often overlooked, low-paid jobs into unlikely heroes. They are also getting sick or dying.
VERONA, Italy — As the fatalities have piled up, with a daily accounting of the dead serving as a grim scorecard on whether Italy is gaining ground in its war with the coronavirus, there have been milestones.
One came early, when it became clear that the virus was killing off a generation of older people. Another came with the death of the first medical worker, a reminder that the same people fighting the crisis were becoming victims.
But this week, the death of Mariagrazia Casanova in the city of Brescia, in Italy’s hard-hit north, was a new and frightening measure of the coronavirus’s deepening penetration into Italian society.
Ms. Casanova, 49, was a supermarket clerk.
The coronavirus has ground much of life in Italy and elsewhere to a halt as governments lock down societies to stop the contagion’s spread. But there are some parts of life that must go on, and the virus has imbued otherwise ordinary tasks, like grocery shopping, with extraordinary risk.
It has also turned the people who fill often overlooked, low-paid jobs into unlikely heroes in the battle with the virus, through no choice of their own, but rather because of the world’s suddenly topsy-turvy circumstances and the nature of their work, which requires constant contact with people from all walks of life.
Ms. Casanova’s death raised awareness of how essential those unsung jobs are and called attention to the exceptional dangers that grocery clerks, delivery people, fishmongers, bakers and butchers, among others, must now take to continue to provide not just for themselves and their families, but also for their neighbors.
Most immediately, it sent a ripple of fear through the store where she worked and, then, as the news spread, through groceries, mailrooms and other work sites that provide door-to-door services.
“I am scared I am going to die,” said Denni Asolini, the store’s union representative, who was Ms. Casanova’s colleague for 25 years. “It happened to Mariagrazia, but it could have been any of us.”
“We provide an essential good," he said. “So the good comes first and we are left behind.”
Italy has closed its schools, its restaurants and many of its factories to stop what has become the world’s most deadly coronavirus outbreak. As health care workers fight in the trenches against the virus, supermarket lines have become another front line.
“I think in particular before everything to doctors, nurses, but I also think of the police, the army, the men and women of the civil protection, supermarket clerks,” Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said on Saturday night as he introduced still more restrictive measures to contain infections across the country.
About 12 miles south of Brescia — which had more than 6,000 reported cases as of Tuesday — Debora Bravo, a cashier at a supermarket in Leno, said that “stress and fear” accompanied her to work every day.
Last week she worked at the register as customers touched the products without wearing gloves. Many stood in checkout lines without wearing masks or keeping a safe distance apart.
On Saturday night, she got the news that one of her colleagues was hospitalized in an intensive care unit with coronavirus. “We are the only ones to be so exposed, together with doctors and nurses,” she said. “But we are not being protected.”
On March 1, a government decree allowed supermarkets to stay open provided that customers were allowed in small numbers. A subsequent agreement between unions and the state required companies to provide hand sanitizer and masks to employees.
But union officials said that only a minority of the supermarkets, mostly the big chains, were complying. In Lombardy, at the center of the epidemic, only 40 percent of supermarkets have put in place controls on entrances and provided masks to employees, Valter Chiocci, a union representative in Brescia estimated.
On Saturday, the region of Lombardy recommended that supermarkets take customers’ temperature at the entrance. But with a lack of equipment and around 30 percent of the staff on sick leave and quarantine, union officials said such precautions were unrealistic.
Ms. Casanova had told her colleagues early last week that she had a sore throat and trouble breathing. Four days later, she was dead. Doctors wrote that she had had a heart attack, and “suspected coronavirus” infection, her husband said, but they did not test her, as she died before they could perform a swab test.
“All these women are heroes,” Gianluigi Ricca, her husband, said of Ms. Casanova’s colleagues. “They are overexposed — they run the risk every day.”
After receiving the news on Friday morning, the supermarket said that it would close as soon as it checked out the last customers in the store.
Cristina Bonsignori, another cashier at the Brescia supermarket, sat at her register wearing a homemade cotton mask, feeling “between disbelief and fear.” When a man with groceries approached, she asked him to respect the one-meter social distance rule. Instead he lashed out, telling her he would teach her how to do her job.
Earlier in the month, Elio Maffioli, a postal carrier in Bergamo — where about 6,700 people were infected with coronavirus as of Tuesday — said that the night he learned his longtime colleague and friend had died of the virus, he didn’t sleep.
“I’m not only scared to catch it — I am also scared of passing it on,” he said.
In addition to supermarkets, post offices have become places that people wanting a break from being penned up in their homes have visited, some more often than necessary.
As a result, a local postal workers union representative said, post offices have become crowded, increasing the risk for workers. Four mail carriers have died of the coronavirus in Italy in the last two weeks, two of them in Bergamo.
“We have to go out when all the guidelines say to stay home,” said Mr. Maffioli, 36. “But until the government decides otherwise, we can’t fail our job.”
One supermarket aired a commercial to encourage people to go shopping despite the coronavirus. In the advertisement, a shop assistant says that shelves are constantly restocked and that the stores are sanitized. A customer says she does her part by shopping alone and keeping a safe distance. “We are the same as always,” the voice-over says.
On Saturday night at a Verona supermarket, Sabrina Danieli, a shop assistant, took a picture of the shelves customers had emptied after the region said that supermarkets would close on Sunday.
“Did you hear about that cashier who died in Brescia?” she asked a colleague, referring to Ms. Casanova, a mother of one.
“She was only 49,” her colleague, wearing a plexiglass shelter around her head, answered. “I heard she had four kids.”
Ms. Danieli, 49, said that she had not seen her elderly parents in weeks for fear of infecting them. “I can’t tell how much this costs us,” she said.
Last week, Mr. Asolini, the union representative and colleague of Ms. Casanova, had helped put up above the fish counter a rainbow drawing colored by the children of a colleague, with the words “Everything is going to be all right.”
The father of the children had since gotten sick, too.
“We’ll have to take it down,” he said of the drawing.

#3265 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

They seem to be locally. They mention it on our news.
I'm listening to LA mayor Garcetti right now. He seems to be a very humble, soft spoken man. Easy to listen to. And proud of his community.

Mayors and Governors are stepping up big time, except for the ones who want people to die so they can go to Appelbee's. I've been pretty impressed by most state and local officials.

#3323 10 months ago

But do we now? Do we really? Why on earth would you say that?

Clearly at least half the USA loves being lied to.

They CRAVE it.

#3330 10 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That’s so scary. I just can’t believe the polling coming out. Can it be possible that after living through the last month, 55% of the country approve of the job the president is doing handling the pandemic? It’s crazy to me.

I don't really think these polls count for anything. It's just the usual idiots bleating louder than ever, and people are STILL somehow in mass denial. They really think this isn't happening.

#3369 10 months ago

As I go bed tonight, the US has the 3rd most cases to date. By tomorrow night we will be #2 and by Friday night #1. Not something I want to win. More states are issuing shelter in place commands and with luck, over the next four weeks we could see this virus peak.

400 deaths today. We are well over 1,000.

Seems like just a week ago there were STILL imbeciles saying "Only 40 dead? More people die a year choking on gobstoppers!"

Oh wait, it was a week ago.

#3376 10 months ago

So I was going for a bike ride at dusk, just before it got dark.

It was almost silent, no traffic, few people, and me riding home up 10th avenue. Maybe 6 cars passed me on the 20 block trip, usually it would be hundreds.

Anyway, I hear this cackle of seagulls. Like you'd hear at the beach. Look up and there's hundreds of them, just drifting around. It was kind of Fd up. Like "The Birds."

I wonder if our scavengers - rats, birds, etc. - are getting a little hungry. They can't eat masks and gloves, and that's what I see on the street now rather than the usual heaps of trash in front of restaurants and garbage left behind by pedestrians and drivers. Hope they don't start getting more aggressive.

So yeah. I'm starting to think this isn't all a hoax.

#3397 10 months ago
Quoted from clg:

In New Zealand we are shut down for at least 4 weeks. The only things open are supermarkets, gas, and medical. You should not leave your house except for a walk. It could last longer and there will still be restrictions after this ends. Its harsh but no way around it. Modeling shows around 80k deaths (population just under 5 million) if we didn't take such strong measures. Its serious people look after yourself.

Just another country making us look bad.

For all its bluster, I’m starting to think modern day America simply has no balls. Forget about “winning the war,” most of us can’t do without Fuddruckers for 2 weeks.

#3411 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

A positive note refers to something I brought up earlier.
Read the list of countries most affected, and the top 15 are all in the northern hemisphere that are just coming out of winter.
Portugal is the highest in the southern hemisphere with under 3000 cases. So maybe this shit really doesn't like summer after all.

It was freezing in new York today. When is summer coming again?

It’s as if global warming has finally caved to the anti-science crowd and has given up.

#3515 10 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Everyone that wants to just go back to normal asap;
doesn't get it yet.
This has changed the world. This is a waypoint in history like 911. You will be able to remember a time before Cov-19, and a time after. Nothing will be "like the way it was before".

It’s so terrifying that people don’t want to accept it. And honestly, 9/11, which really directly affected few people, has nothing on this.

#3558 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oh look, now we're concerned about suicides. Those poor 1%'ers.

Yeah this is one of the worst recent talking points I'm seeing regurgitated by the usual suspects, and filtering down to here.

We have to open everything back up and kill grandma so Cheesecake factory can open and broke people won't kill themselves.

It's almost ingenious in it's ridiculousness but people are looking for anything to back up their reckless point of view. You do not base public health policy decisions like this on fantasies. You base it on what the health experts say. And they are UNANIMOUS that we need to continue and double down on the containment measures we have in place.

I can't believe that 2 weeks in, we are right back where we were when this started: with people in charge trying to downplay the crisis and make it seem like it's no big deal. It's outrageous.

This happy talk nonsense is what helped us get into this growing mess; please, don't fall for it.

#3559 10 months ago

Wondering if NAVL / Beltman / Precision are shut down or are they still moving product? Anybody with recent contact using one of these pinball delivery companies please provide an update. I've heard truckers are still trucking.

I'm wondering if the three dozen guitar picks I just ordered will show up.

#3593 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

State and local government has the final say, not the Federal government, as to whether or not businesses are open or closed.

Thank god.

I feel bad for states with stupid governors.

And, the mixed messages are terrible.

#3619 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

My wife would be “devastated” if she can’t get her Peeps. She has a whole ritual where she opens them and then lets them sit for 2 days before eating them. She claims 2 days is just right...happy wife happy life I guess.

well good news - they've been on shelves for weeks and I doubt they go bad.

This announcement may spur panic buying however!!! Hope they are limiting sales.

#3658 10 months ago

Sweet!

An op ed I wrote with my boss about grocery worker protection is appearing in the NY Daily News.

And here I am just giving it away for free. At least I don’t have to worry about being moderated there!

#3717 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

My work for the day is done. Hope it doesn't take them too long to send out my paycheck.
Tomorrow I think I might tackle the slingshots and the drop target.[quoted image]

I’m doing one connector a day on Stern Magic.

What can I say, I hate doing connectors.

#3719 10 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You people screaming for a total shit down must not realize that some people with small businesses need to be open. If I’m not selling cars and taking payment I’m fucked. I’m staying open for business and this over rated flue be damned.

Selling a lot of cars this month?

Are you doing “Overrated Flue Sale?” Kinda catchy!

#3847 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I’m calm. Every little thing we can do matters, no matter how insignificant it may seem right now, but unfortunately there are real limitations.

I have more problem with the messaging than the reality that we NEED some people working to keep society from collapsing.

Its a big problem when a large portion of the country really believes we can start moving toward something like “business as usual” soon. All of the experts are saying otherwise.

Speaking of experts; not a big surprise, but the smear campaign against dr. Fauci is in full force now. I really don’t think we’ll have his services for much longer.

#3849 10 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is worse is what they are doing to the economy. It’s a upper respiratory virus. It’s death rate is what, 1.5%? More people die from the flue every year. More people die from obesity and/or car accidents. Watch how many people die from the fucked up economy due to blowing this out of proportion.

Two weeks ago called. It wants all of this misinformation back.

#3873 10 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

End if the day tallies. USA with 17224 new cases and 268 deaths. Italy will pass China tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Ouch.

Remember when it was just one person coming in from China? Seems like such a short time ago.

#3923 10 months ago

My goodness, there are some really despicable people in this world. Fauci under fire. Accused of being a “deep state stooge”. Who are the loons that say this stuff? And who are the loons that believe it? Feel free to represent, as I’d like to be able to stop guessing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-trump-signals-readiness-to-break-with-experts-his-online-base-assails-fauci/2020/03/26/3802de14-6df6-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html
I hope people realize that undermining the health and welfare of the country is sabotage. The people discrediting Fauci are not good Americans.

Nothing happening here that you couldn’t see coming from 50 miles away. I’m sure the Fauci smearing will filter it’s way down to pinside within a matter of days, if not hours.

#3958 10 months ago

Everything is beautiful and tremendous.

What a time to be alive!

#3963 10 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Those aren't bad. Its Gottliebs that are a pain

True. But I also have to replace 30 light sockets. Such garbage!

#3985 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Unless Coronavirus agrees to sign an NDA, it is gonna be tough to defeat.

If the virus is nice to me we may be able to work with it.

#4008 10 months ago

Math is just a form of science and we know all science is fake.

“Hunches” are where it’s at.

#4021 10 months ago

Can we just outlaw math already, along with the first amendment, or at least suspend them indefinitely?

These are dangerous times and we can’t allow things like math and free press to make things worse.

#4038 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If people start dropping like flies at all those 'necessary' establishments, people are going to be walking off jobs.

Yeah that seems to be lost in the avalanche of happy talk and bullshit...as the situation becomes more dire and the death counts Grow and hospitals become overrun, what makes these people think that workers are going to be eager to put on their Applebee’s uniform or man the cash register at Penny’s?

There’s only
So much you can control and as the situation deteriorates it’s gonna be harder to convince shoppers and non-essential workers to go about their business as if nothing is happening.

That pesky media will keep showing the world what’s actually happening and that may clash with the beautiful Easter plans.

#4074 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I am a registered Republican (there, I sacked up ) but am not exactly thrilled with everything President Trump says or does. There are many days I wish I could just tell him to stop talking or stop tweeting! Some things I agree with some I don’t. I am not “pretending” or trying to “fool” anyone about anything. I like to hear and truly understand opposing views. Sometimes an opposing viewpoint opens my eyes and changes my mind about how I feel about something. This is why I wanted to engage with you specifically a few days ago and we had good conversation, it gave me lots to think about. thefamilyarcade has many valid points but he undermines his own points and validity by putting in political bs. That’s what needs to stop. In my opinion, people would listen to his and other’s points more if they left that stuff out of it. That’s all I was trying to ask of him and others. Carry on...

Well thanks for being honest anyway.

There is a difference between a considered opinion I sometimes disagree with (you) and what I consider willful ignorance or one-side cheerleading (others). I just think some things should be above politics and this is one of them - the experts should be leading us through this, not the politicians.

#4075 10 months ago

Dude, I’ve been moderated like 40 times in this thread. Relax. There’s no “bias” here except Confirmation bias. Most of us are trying to walk a tightrope here.

#4080 10 months ago

The other thing is this thread moves so fast, the people
Who are moderated are the only people who think they get moderated.

You think most people are going back 2 pages to see if someone else got shanked by a mod?

#4120 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I hope people are supporting the mom and pop takeout places, the McDonald’s of the world will survive this no matter what, not sure about the smaller places.

Yep. Thai place and mexican joint on our block got our business this week. She's heading to the bakery now to pick up a nice fresh Challah!

#4139 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I love me some Thai food!

Me too. Like I said, pre virus probably eating it three times a week!

Told you I'm dropping a few pounds through this whole thing!

#4161 10 months ago

What the world needs now is gloves, blue gloves!

#4201 10 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Being responsible and drinking alone.[quoted image]

Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!