272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

364 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chad. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1902 4 years ago

Anybody catch these videos From the John Hopkins Center for Health Security.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9-oVXQX88esnrdhaiuRdXGG7XOVYB9Xm

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good morning gentlemen. Did you all sleep well? I certainly did.
Did I miss anything so far?

You need more walking Tacos!

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

One thing that has really come out of the woodwork with this virus, are all the people sharing that they're in poor health or immuno-compromised. (Or that they have a loved one in that situation).
I did not realize we were so sick as a nation.
You'd think Healthcare would be the #1 issue at every ballot state/federal.

I agree healthcare should be up there. But healthcare is like a mob run business. The prices really need to come down as it is out of control!

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Thanks Chad, I was just going to go look for info on proper glove removal.

You're welcome!

#2011 4 years ago

Wasn't his an original one ? Or is the red one electric?

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The media targets for the masses. There are not that many doctors per capita that will watch sitcoms, there are not that many scientists that will watch sitcoms. Not saying the highly educated do not watch TV, but there are not that many TV viewers that will watch much of anything that is scientific or anything else that requires study and thought. So, TV markets the masses and that means they are reaching for there lowest common denominator with TV shows geared for geared for a 14 year old. And this is why we get in front to the TV and zone out.

Flicker rate, carrier waves, frequency waves, even color affects the viewer...

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

He had an original way back when. His red one was converted. With the geared hubs I bet his converted one is torque monster. Effectively doubles the torque to the wheel.

Thanks!

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

How about a little good news.
(Probably going to Pinside hell for this)[quoted image]

Gangs actually staying inside! Or ran short on munitions...

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Fun fact- The Spanish flu started in Spanish Harlem

Allegdedly in Kansas Military base. The first case reported

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One positive thing I did notice is that the gas station and grocery store in town put x’s on the floor 6 ft apart in the cashier lines and people were using them.

Aldi now has the 6 foot rule. They even removed the lane guides for the groceries themselves....

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haha. The ice cream and frozen pizza sections at my local grocery store have had low stock over these past two weeks. I grabbed the last two Ben and Jerry cookie dough pints at my local Kroger last week lol. Also, I try every week to make a Detroit style pizza at home. Flour, especially bread flour, has been hard to find over the past couple weeks.

I keep looking for Wheat Bread, no dice. All is see is some white and bagels...

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The smoke from the crematories could be seen on satellite from space relatively early on. I don't believe the official number for a minute.

I agree, no country is spot on . Numbers are fudged for sure!

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, the church needs money, too.
If nobody comes to church
How can they pass the plate?
If they can't pass the plate
How are they supposed to get any money?
If they don't have any money
How can they open the doors?
If they can't open the doors
How are they suppose to get paid?
Interesting in how some of the
preachers say they can lay on hands
and keep you safe and pray it away,
but they cannot find the prayer needed
to make the collection plate fill up.

And the fact they are tax exempt ...

#2484 4 years ago

Oh dear, now Greta claims to have this alledged sickness. She's been on tour many subway rides.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238364-greta-thunberg-says-she-may-have-had-covid-19-and-has-self-isolated/

How Dare You!

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Here in Ontario we are being ordered to shutdown at 11:59 pm today for all but essential businesses. The thing is that the list of businesses that can stay open has 75 categories and you can find any kind of excuse to stay open including liquor, beer and pot shops. In reality its a complete joke and does barely nothing to help. I guess we are practicing the "cure cant be worse than the problem" mentality as espoused by the bubble headed blonde bimbo south of the border. We have our own here in Ontario. So sad for all of us!!

Wisconsin is next! Starting March 25th, 2020 for 30 days.

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never realized that.

And it constricta your blood vessels

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Mr. Cuomo noted that FEMA indicated plans to send 400 ventilators to New York.
“400 ventilators? I need 30,000 ventilators,” he said. “You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators? What are we going to do with 400 ventilators when we need 30,000 ventilators?”
My work place is in the process of making 2 critical parts for the GM ventilators. The casting dies should be ready in 7 to 14 days. We have a contract for 200,000 of each these parts. I'm not sure how long before GM starts putting these machines together.

Great news forthe parts.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/03/18/new_yorks_ventilator_rationing_plan_142685.html

#2780 4 years ago

No , when searching about cuomo not buying ventilators in 2015 this was one of a few that surfaced .

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No it’s not bad.
All the panic buying, hoarding, and general hysteria isn’t happening here. At least not yet.
We’ve kind of been through crazy shit like this before.
View from the Lazyboy[quoted image]

That poster is the best thing in view!

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least it's springtime and the sun is shining. Couple days ago the beaches were pretty crowded.

And the birds chirping away at early am is nice to hear!!

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Things could definitely be worse... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice set up there.

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That movie is up next in “Coronavirus Theater” (ie: movies I’m forcing my gf to watch.).
She picked Working Girl early this week so it’s my turn, either this or Robocop.

Make her wait Levi. Put on the trio Spaghetti Western. Get a nice lunch to go with it.

#3003 4 years ago

I agree , keep the people home. But
what is below really worries me. No cure for that.

#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wtf is going on in China, now they are reporting a human Hatanvirus death from rats. One died and now they are testing a whole bus load to see if it is spreading human to human.

Heard about this. Wonder who they will blame now...?

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't blame the rats.[quoted image]

Oh man Ben, and Willard would be pissed...

#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Which I think is fine..the middle class is already going to eat this in taxes for the rest of our lives.

The middle class wasted long ago. They were absorbed into the lower class ...

#3205 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

“Sacrifice grandpa to save the economy”doesn’t seem like the best re election motto....but what do I know. I thought Trump needed the senior citizen vote to win re election. I’m sure they are fine with being sacrificed and will not take it personal though.

More like Bill Gates...

#3222 4 years ago

Granted this was in 2018.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/heres-how-many-days-congress-will-spend-away-from-the-office-in-2018.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaries_of_members_of_the_United_States_Congress

Sadly big government equals small citizen. Slightly off topic , but we as over taxed payers pay the price. These wankers always seem to stall everything, fatten their pockets with with endless benefits. They are the ones that come out smelling like roses time and time again.

Rant off, if I need be moderated no problem

#3435 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

That's a human petri dish right there

Them is pure poison.

#3567 4 years ago

How long before researchers in Antartica get ill?

#3578 4 years ago

blockquote cite="#5554249">
When :Dthey dig up that spaceship out of the ice?
And what's up with Greenland?

#3598 4 years ago

Odin, we need a Comet update!

#3612 4 years ago

They will track us and give your country, state , city a grade on how well people abide by da rules.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/26/21192653/coronavirus-privacy-social-distancing-data-collection-unacast

#3676 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Are those peeps made of the same stuff as those sugary foam peanuts?
No thanks!

Peeps are the one sugary treat I can't do. My teeth freak out when I used to eat them.

#3680 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

No where near the strangest thing an ER doctor has had to encounter.

According to google images, a unbroken Candy Cane . Another incident , a unbroken
light bulb. No it was not turned on.

#3685 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Key word search "keister x ray" and click on images.

Some of the same ones showed ha ha plus
A gun, Cassette tape WTFH
I'm done

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yep. As expected, The US is #1.
[quoted image]

Not a win the USA needed....

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m doing one connector a day on Stern Magic.
What can I say, I hate doing connectors.

Those aren't bad. Its Gottliebs that are a pain

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True. But I also have to replace 30 light sockets. Such garbage!

I hear you there. !

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have read all those, but thank you.
What is missing is crossing those messages of hope, with what was happening at the top,
and the additional press meetings, that he tried to follow the leader, to get aide.
NY has gone back and forth, from Towing the line from the top, to outright screaming for help.
This position is True, just to get help.
It is however fail to criticize that they should have simply locked down, in defiance of leadership,
But hopefully we can share a belief as to how this would have been received as a Nation, and by Leadership, if they locked down sooner.
Here is a bit of the Timeline:
The numbers bear out that success. The first known case in New Rochelle was discovered March 2. By March 10, that number had shot up to 108 coronavirus cases, evidence of exponential growth. The containment zone was established two days later.
15 days ago.
Here is the Tweet in that time frame:
"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”"
So should they have locked the state down, in addition to the Outbreak area? Yes, perhaps, now in hindsight.
But at that time, it wouldnt have been tolerated, and maybe even today, there is debate on the legality of some of this....
I Understand you now, though, which is why I asked the ventilator question.
Hindsight makes everyone right, and Im not trying to be rude to you, but it allows one to
create views that are likely different than real time decisions.

What does this have to do with my response
To Levi changing 30 lamp sockets out?

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There are over 440 posts since I was last here yesterday. I would like to tell you that I have read them all bit no one would believe me
anyway, this is something that came in my mail yesterday. Enjoy.
Of course, the part about staying home if you feel sick might be a problem if you run out of money.
[quoted image]

Mine arrived Wednesday. I shed a tear and feel a bit better.

#4134 4 years ago

Could be worse.
Tossing a potential laugh in the mix.

#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have found staying hungry throughout this stay at home ordeal has not only made me feel healthier, but also is showing great improvement at my waistline.

It is good to fast for a day or even 2. Lot of water, coffee , orange juice. I personally feel very good afterwards...

#4570 4 years ago

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/489996-rhode-island-police-national-guard-begin-stopping-cars-with-ny-plates

Do not goto your vacation home out of state there.

Edit: I had not seen that Levi posted similar prior.

#4859 4 years ago

Ran across an article pertaining to Business interruption Insurance. Some local restaurants to me were paying for this additional insurance and being denied . ( covid 19
insurance co says not an act of God, but a Tornado is lol)

Nice little read about changes to be/could be added for Covi19 to have it included on insurance. NY NJ

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/business-interruption-insurance-coverage-and-covid-19

#4867 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Hannity is an entertainment & opinion show, we shouldn't be using it in this thread regardless of politics. It's just like The View.

The View is at least 30 times worse than being subjected to non stop finger nails on chalk board for a week straight...

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When I start to get a sore throat, I usually start drinking hot tea with honey and lemon and a bit of cayenne, and mainlining straight honey periodically. Seems to help keep the severity and duration down, but could be placebo.

Honey is the best , pure item and works. I generally will ramp up jalapeno, serrno, habenero and manzunu peppers in stir fry or salad. Oh yeah garlic too!

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you have an itchy throat and are coughing alot, gargling water with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper thoroughly mixed in will stop the itch. The burning of the pepper feels like scratching on the itch. Have to do it about every hour. Way better than the numbing spray.

Good stuff!

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

now everyone can use that TP they hoarded

Exactly, and hope no plumber is needed!

#5441 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If your going to off yourself, do it in a way where someone else doesn’t have to clean up a huge splattered mess.

Quicksand!

#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This does not surprise me at all.
I suspect it won’t be too long before we start hearing stories of civialians in communities set up roadblocks or checkpoints.

Yes , it'll be who rats out who. I can't imagine the confrontations, leading to a brawl. Oh Warriors....

#5447 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just wait until the virus gets on board those ships from a transported non-COVID patient or infected healthcare worker.

1000 beds, could be a flash fire affect.

#5615 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

probably just a fuse.

"Over Fused"

#5912 4 years ago

Quoted from o-din:

That's been popular around here for some time.[quoted image]

Nice, now cook us pinsiders up some food. Please!

#5940 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

Opera Man. Nice. The ( his) sentance was a bit harsh though.

#5965 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And for new parents out there, breast feeding is really, really good for the immune system, and all sorts of other benefits for your growing babies. And it’s free.

For the first 6 months is great. Mother passes a bit of the immunity to newborn. Not to say they won't be brought down by something, but a head start if you will.

#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Lets play "Event 201" Timing on this is crazy [quoted image]

I had posted the videos of this in the other now closed and defunct thread. I better not do it here . Started in October

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I'm a big fan of o-din changing up the avatar. Never know what's going to be next

Waiting for some type of food avatar

#6002 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Lol!!
It's funny how many said they would be looking for pins with the stimulus. I'm just hoping to pay a bill or two...

I want to apply towards bills as well, but I am going to do my best to not spend it anytime soon. Save it for now.

#6161 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Just a question anyone keeping track of just the normal good old fashioned Flu Deaths etc. I wonder how its comparing we are in April now so should have some data on this but i cant find anything. Corona stealing the show. Also Global Warming is that still a thing?

Thats another hot topic there Global Warming

#6170 4 years ago

Yes off topic, but should make everyone a little happier .

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/31/fcc-stir-shaken-june-30-2021/

#6176 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I want to know who tf falls for these that they cost people '10bn a year'. In an age where you basically can screen every call based on the numbers you have in your phone, there's almost no reason for it to be that high.

It will ve nice to put an end to the spoofing of numbers for sure.

#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I get down voted if i don't agree but i don't down vote people that i don't agree with. Same old Same old. Just shows what its all about. We can cure this easily, We all become Vegans.

I know it'll get cured, but I could never go vegan.

#6482 4 years ago

He's got fans and groupies. And some probably upset at Faucis speech at George Town University January 10th, 2017 stating that "Trump will have a suprise out break" ??

#6608 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A mistakenly miscredited 4 second video clip on a morning show doesn't shake my faith in the credibility of the mainstream media.
It's just not very important, unless you really believe there's a media conspiracy to convince you that there is a crisis in NYC's hospitals when in fact it's a paradise right now. Don't worry, the NYC hospital B-roll is coming soon enough and it's gonna be horrifying. For now you can rely on the B-roll of body bags being wheeled out to freezer trucks to tide you over.
I kinda hate to stick up for CBS news as their news division is pretty atrocious right now, but I just don't think this "media lie" is worth the 2 straight weeks of play it's going to get on Fox News.

It's when they push it and blow it out of proportion.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/15/another-fakenews-video-cnn-anderson-cooper-hypes-hurricaneflorence-flooding-meanwhile-firefighters-spoof-tv-news/

#6673 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image][quoted image]

"Clever girl"

#6674 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’d like to point out that Anderson Cooper is an entertainment show that thinks it’s news. Occasionally he will do hard hitting interviews, but like a lot of prime time TV personalities, ratings are important.
Once again, I’d urge everyone to read:
- The AP
- Reuters
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
- Your local newspaper
- The Washington Post
- The New York Times
A mix of center right and center left will help keep you balanced and not addicted to junk food news.

#6793 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

If you touched a surface that had coronavirus on it and then touched your cheek or chin then yes it's possible you could get it.
Don't touch your face while you are out in public and wash or sanitize your hands after you touch any public surface. If you are inside your home and have washed your hands since coming in from the public then it should be ok to touch your face at that point.
It's hard, I never knew how much I touched my face during the day until now!

Average of 23 times an hour you touch your face.

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is disgusting. Not your post, the fact that they are going to have people gather in churches like that. People will catch it there. People will die. It really is that simple. I'm not an alarmist. Not everyone will die... but enough will. And then some of the people that care for those sick people will also catch it. And then some of them will also die. I assume at some point the pastors will be charged with manslaughter for each death. Because that is the correct charge when people die from your negligence, right? Or is there enough malice now to consider it murder?

Tar and feather , then draw and quarter them.

#6897 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Want to start a ruckus in a bar full of rednecks? Play 4-5 songs of hip hop or rap in a row... or maybe some latin music.
Not everyone 'prunes' their internet jukebox fully...

I have seen written signs near the jukeboxes stating we have the right to reject certain songs.

#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not to mention the fact that bar owners usually have zero input on what tunes are loaded in the jukebox; that's the operator's job.

Bar owners can ask for new or different music requests from their operator. It may not take place immediately. Butg they will see it through

#6903 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quite often the bartender will have a “skip” button behind the bar.

They all have a handy remote.
Different zone volumes, pause, skip etc etc

#6954 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I just went to the local Aldi store for some essential perishables. I wasn't going to go in if it was crowded, but there were only a small handful of cars there, so I went in.
Food was fully stocked, except for bread. Plenty of eggs, milk, canned goods, frozen foods, etc. Toilet paper and paper towels were still all gone. There was a limit of 6 jugs of milk, and a limit on canned goods.
All the cashiers had plexiglass shields. There were signs everywhere to remind people to keep 6 feet away from each other, and stickers on the floor throughout the whole store measured 6 feet apart saying the same thing
About half the customers in the store were wearing masks, about half were not. There were maybe a dozen people, plus 4 staff. Only a couple of customers were wearing gloves. Staff were not wearing gloves or masks.
I also noticed that the divider bars had been removed from all the check-out lanes.
That was about everything I observed.

The Aldi I goto removed theirs about 2 weeks ago. No tape on floor or plastic barrier up. The cashiers to had no gloves or masks on.

#6956 4 years ago

Odin , how about this.

#7006 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw packaged bacon at Ralphs for over $10 a pound. They are usually kinda pricy without using their card, but that seemed way out of line.
I'll be going to Stater Bros next week to see what their butcher cut bacon is going for now. Usually $4.99 to $5.99 a pound.

What's that cheese goo doing on there? Fake hash browns too?
That aint no Fantasy Omelet.

I am not sure what that is. The hasbrown looked like normal .

#7013 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What is wrong with these people?
And why don’t we have a national stay at home order yet?
And why am I asking you guys?

Sensing a hard lockdown coming for all. No one but police and medical out. I can't proof it , but seems inevitable...

#7148 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I am going out to buy a pinball machine today...
My state has a shelter in place order...
I will tell the cops that pinball is essential....
So which mask is best?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Coconut is hilarious.

#7150 4 years ago

Anyone spraying down their grocery items prior to picking up? Saw a lady in gloves and mask spraying the packages on the shelf before handling them.
Aldi in my area now has the 6 foot floor stickers now and the giant plastic shields up.
It was nice to see employees out wiping the carts down and providing wipes inside for the customers. I'm sure this put some minds at ease. Also learned Aldi is donating $1 million dollars to various charitable ( covid 19) needs during these rather strenuous times!!

#7153 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I went grocery shopping this morning, got there 10 minutes before they opened, no one there and stocked shelves. Sanitized my hands before and after, careful to not touch my face while in there. Put the groceries away and then thoroughly washed my hands. I have enough for 2 weeks.

Everything was stocked, some reason tissues now are / have been extinct there.

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol no doubt. Why do so many people wear their pajamas to wal mart?? Unbelievable!

Those things have to shedding far worse items

#7199 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol that's kinda funny also because another question I have is why do so many people take their dogs to Lowes? I've never noticed that in wal mart but always in Lowes seems like.

I read no more kids or dogs in the big box stores.

Costco now only 2 people per card may enter.

#7203 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I already had some masks and a couple full on respirators here in the shop. I use them for mowing because of my allergies and when I work with nasty stuff. It sucks right now because I have maybe 8 N95 masks left and they can't be found anywhere.
I had to mow the yard with a full respirator on today so I didn't ruin one of our ones my wife takes to the store.
I have real gas masks with NBC cartridges stowed for if things get really sketchy, but I doubt coronavirus will take us there.

Would a damp hankercheif or silverware cloth work as a filter? Help somewhat filter out the dust / pollen.

#7363 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The bar, where I used to play pool at has one of these new fangled juke boxes. You can download an ap for your phone and buy the music you want to hear just by your using your cellphone. But there are several bars around town with these electronic juke boxes and you can choose which box you are buying music for. The barmaids buy shitty songs for their competitors jukes .

Some of Pat Boones covers and Beer Barrel Polka.

#7412 4 years ago

This thread needs a higher on fire gauge!

#7463 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

This thread makes me want a good cigar. On day 30, smoke free. Dammit!

Keep up the pace!

#7764 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It's called predictive programming. Look it up!

Exactly.

Kinda like the movie Enemy of the State from 1998.

#7770 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I went out and bought me one these bad boys today, keeping it simple for the first use, but it’s Hibachi season from here on out![quoted image]

Looks good. !

#7777 4 years ago

I know they have been struggling for what seems an eternity , but could the bug finally break the USPS??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/us-postal-service-could-shut-down-by-june-lawmakers-warn/ar-BB125w?lBBnbfcL

#8134 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Grim update from NYC
[quoted image]
Temporary mass graves as all morgues are filled
In personal news, I need to learn how to pick a lock
[quoted image]

Check out The Lock Picking Lawyer on youtube.

#8139 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

That guy is unbelievable.

I have not laughed that much when I watched the ex girl friend lock pick.

#8147 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

So funny. First video Ibhave ever sent to like 20 people in my life.
For everyone else, please enjoy the latest masterpiece by lock picking lawyer:

Yes, have some fun for 4 minutes.

#8333 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Hair stylists in 2020:[quoted image]

Thats ridiculous.

#8378 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I've seen reports the numbers are 10-40x higher than reported.

Everywhere , including the usa. They are all off.

#8394 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The mother of my daughter, who she still lives with, fell ill last week.
Taken to an urgent care on Thursday, she was tested and diagnosed with the flu and sent home with Tylenol. Saturday she was admitted to the hospital, and although test results not back as of yesterday, they are treating it like Covid-19. She is on a ventilator suffering multiple organ failure and the prognosis is not good. They are not expecting her to make it. The have her on dialysis as well hoping for the best.
She had some underlying heath issues over the last few years that have made her susceptible. My daughter has no symptoms.

Stay strong, and I hope for the best!!

#8606 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Yeah what's up with the 5G stuff? There are legit reasons to hate on 5G (like destroying invaluable weather forecast progress, being a slapdash workaround to hide lack of investment in fiber infrastructure,) but I hear people are actually trying to destroy 5G towers over the coronavirus?
Weird times, man.

Something to do with the depletion of oxygen from blood cells?? I am always interested in both sides, but to go and cause destruction to gov property is a big obvious no no . No matter what we Humans make, there is always a good and bad to follow. So there's that.

#8619 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone else's car getting 3 weeks to the gallon right now?

It is nice !!

#8636 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have been to the grocery store 4-5 times. And took two drives around the city to see what things look like. Last time I was out gas was down to $1.60 per gallon. And the last time I gassed up was 4 weeks ago and that was just to top off.

About 2 weeks ago Mobile was $1.28 gallon. It has crept up to 1.92 at one particular Mobile.

#8640 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Well, it's our "toy" and occasion car and there's an interesting / too-long story of how & why I acquired and resurrected it. Objectively, I love and hate it at the same time... it was a wholly indefensible, cynical, incomprehensibly space-wasting pile even in its day. Today, it's an anachronism which is why I put up with it. Plus, it rides soooooo buttery "what garbage infrastructure?" smooth. And it has FOUR cigar lighters, ha! Oh, and I adore the color scheme on this one, which actually ends up being really rare for these cars.
Despite its many faults, it's all original with 82K miles and people really seem to enjoy seeing it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Because I'm an effing moron, I actually got it running just before the Great Recession, when gas spiked to $4+ a gallon. Filled up the tank for a C-note and barely made it from Frankfort to Louisville and back because I hadn't yet figured out how to tune its abortion of a carburetor. Eye-opening, indeed...
I've since had it as high as 16mpg in ideal conditions. Typical around town is all of.... 8, at best.

Perfect car for the first time getting your drivers license , if you can parallel park with no problem all systems go.

#8683 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When you stay up until 3:00 AM and watch Mannix because now you can...

What about Hammer?

#8690 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pa is mentioning about doing this now also. I see the biggest problem is with too many people are bringing there entire families with them to shop. I went to Target the other day to pick up a ROKU and can say the toy section was like a playground. People need to shop one person per family. It is nice to be able to buy a few nonessential items but they just can't do it safely.

Have seen this.

#9083 4 years ago

Too much of this doctor.

20200410_071300 (resized).jpg20200410_071300 (resized).jpgtmp-name-2-18031-1533483838-0_dblbig-4 (resized).jpgtmp-name-2-18031-1533483838-0_dblbig-4 (resized).jpg
#9101 4 years ago

Now this is just low. People out trying their best to keep things going and others have the nerve to do a switch a roo .....Unbelievable!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/tech/instacart-shoppers-tip-baiting/index.html

#9194 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ca. has often been criticized because of our leaders, culture, and people.
Not saying are numbers may not go up dramatically, but so far we are looking like the model state in controlling this curve.
However the theory is out there that the virus may have hit here last year and there already might be a larger herd immunity to it. They are starting to test to see how many people may have already had it.

Connie's stable and has been improving a bit, but still has a major battle to continue fighting I am told.

Great to hear O-din!! ( about Connie)

#9261 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So does this mean they can't eat them anymore?
China to reclassify dogs as pets, not livestock, in wake of coronavirus
https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/china-to-reclassify-dogs-as-pets-in-wake-of-coronavirus/

"The livestock designation means animals can be bred for food, milk, fur, fiber and medicine, or to be used in sports or military activity.'"

Fiber?

#9270 4 years ago

There is a video on Youtube from 1978 called Shocking Asia. They were eating bats back then . This pathogen could have been floating in one form or another, grabbed and potentially weaponized. And with Kansas the new home to Plum Island ....

#9280 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

With the clubhouse closed, we've got seven pinball machines set up in here right now.

I had some outpatient cancer surgery on Monday. I was supposed to be at the hospital at 9:10 for a 10:10 procedure. The place was so empty, they had the surgery completed by 9:45. It took longer waiting to get a prescription filled at the pharmacy than it did for everything else combined.

I'm happy to see they let you in for it as so many other appointments of every kind have been canceled.

#9400 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Once things do start to reopen does anyone else think it will be at limited capacity? For example maybe every place starts reopening but only at 25% capacity for the first month, then 50% the second month, then 75% three months later. This way any small uptick in new cases could be detected and mitigation would be eaiser if neccessary versus if the entire country is just reopened at 100% capacity.

It will take time and for some people they may still permanently utilize "social distancing "
We Humans have been dealt with and survived many attacks of varying kinds on our well being and made it through. We will pull through this for sure!!

#9402 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. Remember how long I've had this one? Well, it's the one that never quite got the full treatment.[quoted image]

Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Darn near dropped my coffee when I scrolled to this picture. Hillarious!!

#9405 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So, last night we rented the new trolls movie on Apple TV for $20....why do I have to ever go back to a movie theater again?
If streaming proves profitable, then theaters could be done with.

Sadly, there will come a day where humans never leave their homes. Digital interaction only. Deliveries via drones or robots. I personally hope this never happens!!

#9453 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is a Youtuber named, Crazy Russian Hacker that I find entertaining. He's all over the board with eccentric stuff that he tests out but some of his videos are him opening and eating military MRE's from the 1940's or 1950's. Cookies, coffee and even cigarettes in them. Some of the containers have leaks, some don't. And some MRE's that he purchased are from military's around the globe. - I think he's funny too.
BOOM, dare ya go.

I believe I have seen this guy. Not sure I would want to eat MRE that old.

#9457 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Let’s keep it clean guys. Don’t want the thread locked.

Nor any more people banned...

#9465 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is a Youtuber named, Crazy Russian Hacker that I find entertaining. He's all over the board with eccentric stuff that he tests out but some of his videos are him opening and eating military MRE's from the 1940's or 1950's. Cookies, coffee and even cigarettes in them. Some of the containers have leaks, some don't. And some MRE's that he purchased are from military's around the globe. - I think he's funny too.
BOOM, dare ya go.

I realized I had been given this about 10 years ago. I believe it to be from an MRE.? About an inch and a half tall.

20200411_120915 (resized).jpg20200411_120915 (resized).jpg
#9467 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Maybe bit those are all over the place.
Source: Had an ex who was weird about loving all things small and found these often
(Yes I realize what I wrote before posting but you gotta throw your boys an alleyoop once in a while)

Perhaps on airlines?

#9472 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Not from an MRE. But I still have my Limited Edition of Billy Mitchell's hot sauce from the 2008 Midwest Gaming Classic.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I have mine also Billy Mitchell from 2013 PATZ.

#9474 4 years ago

Stopped by Aldi this morning and they had a 2 person cart cleaning crew on the grounds. They gave you a cart that was cleaned, no quarter required. Upon returning it they took and again cleaned again. I made sure to thank them for doing this! I'm sure this made people feel a little less stressed and at ease.

#9478 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do you guys ever actually use the hot sauces?
Lol
This doesn't include any peppers, pepper sauces, hot sauce packets, or spices. That would take forever...[quoted image]

There are only 2 that I have not used, Billy Mitchell and the very small one . I saved them specifically. Any other hot sauce I definately have opened.

#9502 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to say after weeks of rain, the sun beating on my head this morning feels good.

I was outside talking with a neighbor for about 20 minutes and the sun felt good.

#9619 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just threw out some canned soup I bought before hurricane sandy.
So no, I can’t beat that.

Neither can I . Did your soup cans show any signs of domed ends. Peas here so far none.

20200301_104934 (resized).jpg20200301_104934 (resized).jpg20200301_104943 (resized).jpg20200301_104943 (resized).jpg
#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That's sad to hear. He was 79, and what I read said he died from "complications from covid-19."
I wonder if that means he had an underlying condition of some type?

It seems like they will label every death as corona. Human struck by bus, gored by bull, etc etc...

#9772 4 years ago

The next hot item being sought after: hair dye ( and I imagine clippers to)

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/walmart-ceo-hair-dye-is-next-panic-buying-item/

#9810 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if 2 days is a trend...but let’s see how day 3 shapes up!

It's an improvement regardless.

#9828 4 years ago

I noticed I'm doing more dishes. Let's hope dish soap and sponges are considered essentials at big WalMart.

#9836 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I made the same post that day on my Facebook page and my friend Tony Clark posted this. Mac and cheese from 1991.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Have to say I have never seen Macaroni and Cheese in a can.

#9923 4 years ago

CNN says the true fatality rate is unknow, unclear...

#10003 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

In most tragedies someone gains.
Who is, has, or will gain the most from this outbreak?

Bill Gates is smiling big.

#10021 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Pretty far but no cigar. Close, though.
Watch out for Bill Gates. But if he is the Front Man someone is giving him direction.

He seems pretty eager in different ways.
Little excerpt from
2010 Ted Talk

#10029 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

My assumption initially before I looked was besides numbers being up because of the pandemic, this burial method is normally used.

The remains of more than one million people are buried on Hart Island, though since the first decade of the 21st century, there are fewer than 1,500 burials a year.

Over 1 million buried there. Hard to believe.

#10032 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you want to read a good funny story check this out. Imagine being this guy lol.
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/france-fighter-jet-ejection-scli-intl/index.html

Just saw that.

#10174 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Weird, the photos I'm finding are not as graphic as what I saw on the news, but that forklift sure has been getting a workout.

Worldwide there are videos showing how empty the hospitals are. They are laying off nurses left and right despite saying how busy they are. I saw a clip of some choreographed dance with a bunch of medical people involved in a hospital . I have driven by my hospital and immediate care places several times , no difference than other given days.

#10177 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well for one thing the hospital networks tried to get ahead of this thing so they don’t end up like New York or Milan or Wuhan, etc... If and when it hits a region, the hospitals are slammed. You don’t board up your windows when the hurricane comes ashore, by then it’s too late.
For another, there is no PPE anywhere, so they had had to close down all satellite clinics in order to scavenge their PPE. My wife’s clinic had to close because they needed the masks, gloves, and cotton swabs at the hospital. Yep, they shutdown her practice for cotton swabs. That means the few remaining primary sites get flooded with staff. Staff you don’t need until the surge happens.
Finally, because they aren’t doing procedures (surgeries), wellness visits, etc...anymore their income goes to zero. There is a real payroll cash crunch going on in the networks.
So you couldn’t pay the nurses even if you wanted to. Better to put them on unpaid furlough so that they can collect unemployment and then when the surge hits or you get the all clear, you can call them back in.
If you want to watch world wide hospital videos, look at Milan, New York, Guayaquil, Detroit, Albany (GA), New Orleans (in another week or so).
There is a real effort in certain areas of the web to make this all look like it’s no big deal. If you are watching videos of empty hospitals presented as truth this whole thing is overblown, you are watching propaganda.

It is possible that some places were smaller city wise, had not seen a full hit. But the way the msm kept beating the drum that all hell is breaking out and we must have all medical people working non stop.

#10188 4 years ago

I posted a few pages back that the USPS has been hurting forever it seems like and they say corona could close them up. Something to ponder on. Not saying by any means that Amazon would make the move, but would Jeff Bezos love to flex and drop some tall coin??

https://www.ccn.com/what-if-jeff-bezos-tries-to-acquire-the-struggling-u-s-postal-service/

#10269 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Voter fraud simply does not happen in any appreciable level, esp not at the individual level.
The research and data is very clear on this.
Voter suppression on the other hand is very clearly the tactic and main mode of GOP path to office; as clearly stated even this past week by the POTUS and multiple times over by many other GOP. Hell in WI, we were forced to vote in person last week despite Covid and all because of the GOP in control. All a ploy that backfired on them completely and WI folks dont put up for that BS.

In 2018 I was somehow signed up a second time to vote. They could never give me an answer as why , despite already being in the system. I checked all my personal stuff, etc and no red flags....not sure.

Anyone else encounter this at all.?

#10278 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope never. Did you find it when you showed up to vote and your name was on the roll 2x?
That is part of the job of the poll worker, so you would have never made it through had you attempted to vote a 2nd time.
Oddities can happen, but the point still being that it is so super minor. We really need to stop with this BS line of voter suppression and disenfranchisement.
There is no good reason to not have 100% vote from mail, esp in the current Covid climate!

It was sent to my home. All info was correct, notv sure . Fluke , could be.

#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just talked to my mom. In a senior facility in a town with no cases I am aware of, we both agree she is pretty safe. They keep that place clean, and screen all workers everyday. She sounds happy and healthy as well.
I told her it looks like there might be a light at the end of this tunnel.

By the way , how is Connie doing?

Edit: just saw Odin's post

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Maybe because you were the hanging chad ballot that didn't count the first time?
[quoted image]

Ah yes!

#10386 4 years ago

A little something for the truck drivers out there working hard to get our goods delivered.

https://cdllife.com/2020/red-light-truck-race-turns-up-a-surprising-winner/

#10541 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

What is a check?

Get back to the flat top.

#10596 4 years ago

Getting caught up here and noticed posts completely gone. 10504, 10544, 10575.

#10631 4 years ago

Funny story in there about cuomos brother and the cyclist.

#10791 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I found Blitz's post amusing and well put together and I'm not even intelligent .

I like to think they're just over reacting but it's scary they're allowed to walk the streets armed like that .

https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/open-carry-states/

#10817 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's 30 minutes away , I'll be there in 10

That is one good movie. So many little memorable quotes.

#10869 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Fuck I'm glad we don't have to deal with snow , I don't know how you guys do it .

It can be a vicious 4 season cycle , thats for sure...

#10871 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Unfrosted?? I bet they taste like cardboard

You definately have to put them ( plain) in the toaster. I can eat frosted either way.

#10971 4 years ago

At PATZ ( put off until October 2020), you can get yourself a pure cane sugar soda pop.

#11091 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your right...most are on on CNN, MSNBC, or they sound off on the garbage NPR puts out....and for the record I'm not a fan of Alex Jones

Sorry , I could not resist the npr skit....

#11218 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mickey's Big Mouth, Schlitz Malt Liquor, and Old English 800 also come to mind.

Mickeys big mouth were descent. We called them green grenades.

#11245 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Last man standing wins a case of Corona. The mods are buying.

Quoted from o-din:

This stuff is so bad that even 40 years later it hasn't been opened yet.
[quoted image]

I knew this looked familair. Peanut farmers brother

#11256 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm told it works every time.

How has your day been Levi?

#11258 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m going on a nice drive to pickup that MAMPM, that I drunkenly bought last weekend, tomorrow. Worth the price to just get out of the house for awhile.

Keep us posted.

#11328 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not too shabby! Doing some great stuff in the apartment we set up some Curtains inside these open areas which gives the bedroom more of a feeling of privacy and makes it darker in there at night. Hung up the old dogs playing poker picture to cover up the fuse box much to Nancy’s horrified chagrin.
Ate some leftover meatballs for lunch.
Nancy back at her apartment for a few days. Bachelor weekend!! Woo hoo!
I’m gonna watch so much porn!
Oh threw a malfunctioning remote across the hallway. Stress manifests itself in strange ways I guess.
In covid news everybody seems to have gotten the message about the masks everybody is wearing them inside stores and such which is how it should be.
How has your day been Chad?[quoted image][quoted image]

It was good! Lot done around the house as well. Worked on games mostly. Oh yeah , woke up to about 5 " or so inches of snow. But luckily no shoveling required.

04162013191 (resized).jpg04162013191 (resized).jpg
#11336 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ooooo, metal flipper bats!

With new coils, this is the strongest set of flippers on an em I have played.

#11398 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, those Williams metal bats and coils dispel the myth that all EMs play slow. Have several of them.
This was a little experiment a few years ago.[quoted image]

Something for me to try in the future.

#11467 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

As I scrolled through the pics of the boy with glasses, I came upon this post and thought chad was referring to those. This stay-at-home is getting to me.
Philosphical question: if a guy thinks Rachel Maddow is hot, does that make him gay?

Not gay at all, I was thinking you were comparing the character to the news commentator, for which I got a laugh and hence the thumbs up for the post/picture....

#11523 4 years ago

Chilli is good with about anything! That looked really good Odin.

#11543 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK, it is getting closer to lunch time now, whadaya all think?[quoted image]

Looks like Chilli Burger. Heck , the kids choice menu may have more to it, although smaller portion?

#11922 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Your Honor(s). I request a Pardon for Familyarcade and ask he be returned to the discussion.If anyone has any concerns to this request please present them now.
I apologize for the Public request but felt it should be submitted forthright.

If one banned guy gets to , then all banned from this thread get pardoned!

#11951 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Ok.
I’m running out of projects to do and good beer here at the house.
Spent Sunday tiling the damn backsplash in the pantry and drinking Budweiser “heavy”.
Hadn’t had one since my teens. Surprisingly...it tasted great compared to the tile wet-saw spray[quoted image]

Looks very nice.

#11979 4 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Fishing? Sure, why not! Ok, to keep it somewhat on topic: fishing provides a great opportunity to practice social distancing . Our favorite stretch of river.[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone remember Zebco reels.? That was my first one si many years ago...

#11996 4 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

This thread has covered a wide variety of topics! What's next????? Quantum physics? Fishing?

Quantum Dot Tattoos perhaps?
http://savedmag.com/bill-gates-quantum-dot-digital-tattoo-implant-to-track-covid-19-vaccine-compliance/

#12089 4 years ago

As soon as the dates get close and all looks well as far as numbers, they will keep extending the stay at home law.

#12223 4 years ago
Quoted from kstairmantis:

Best Article I have seen on the the virus : https://www.zerohedge.com/health/facts-prove-almost-everyone-wrong-about-pandemic
A buddy has a friend that works USDA food inspection. He mentioned there is going to be a meat shortage.

I have heard within the next couple weeks it will take a dive , hopefully not....

#12323 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Is there any data on the fallout from the lockdown? Death and social issues from other problems other than the virus?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/world/coronavirus-domestic-violence.html

Try this one no pay wall.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-see-rise-domestic-violence-calls-amid-coronavirus-lockdown-n1176151

#12375 3 years ago

They are trying Famotidine, active ingredient in Pepcid as a potential. Very interesting...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/health/famotidine-coronavirus-northwell-trial/index.html

#12390 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Frankly, I'm a little tired of hearing about potential cures. Let me know when there's a study saying something has actually been proven effective.

I imagine they have to start somewhere and build from there.....
I know it's shooting blanks for now and I'm confident that something will be produced.

#12415 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I received an Official Response from Cedars Sinai today. A Cedars-Sinai research team is in the pre-clinical stages of developing a technology that harnesses intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light for treating viruses and bacteria. The technology has not been tested or used on patients. Cedars-Sinai has filed for patents related to the technology and has signed a licensing agreement with Aytu BioScience with the aim of potentially enabling near-term use as a COVID-19 intervention for critically ill, intubated patients.

I believe it is filtered uv(a) light on a fiber optic cable,.

#12590 3 years ago

Not sure if this was covered, but you can add a coffee filter (new) to your existing mask. Adds a little more coverage.

#12656 3 years ago
Dogs-cover-750 (resized).jpgDogs-cover-750 (resized).jpg
#12694 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So have any of you guys been able to get hand sanitizer where you live? I'm well stocked on pretty much everything else, but I haven't been able to find hand sanitizer at all since this whole thing started.

I use isopropyl alcohol and a towel. When I was at Sams, they only had it (sanitizer) for the employees and when at Walmart this morning I saw no stock of it either. No masks to.

#12737 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No posts in 5 hours , we've either beaten the virus or no one cares anymore .
Watching the Jordan doco tonight .
[quoted image]

Mods are a bit slow!

#12743 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's funny , a mod would have read that and then said " yes , I will let that go up " . I'm sure they're doing their best .

Absolutely!

#12761 3 years ago

Looks like the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator went off a little too close to her. Edit : Regarding The Aniston Popp picture.

#12817 3 years ago

Is it gauging, or gouging?

#12830 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From yesterday. HB has always known how to throw a party.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats a nice VolksWagon Bus in there.

#12839 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We have open carry in Colorado also but you're far safer with those people than some gang banger with a 38 hidden in his pants. I have my concealed carry permit, I'm weapons trained (required) and it's the bad guys that need to be nervous. I find that people who don't own and respect firearms have a lot of misunderstandings about those that do. - Although I do understand it's a scary look portrayed in those type of pictures.
And with people unemployed and liquor stores still open, I'm glad to have my Glock 26 on me.

More people carrying, the more bad guys have to worry and wonder if their next target is packing and precision trained. Not a scary look at all.

#12898 3 years ago
EXBgonkWsAAYZXp (resized).jpegEXBgonkWsAAYZXp (resized).jpeg
#12902 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

ice cream trucks arent just for kids anymore.

Great movie. The Tall Man Cometh!

#12931 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I definitely hope we keep the curbside service going after this. I'm really enjoying pulling up to stores and having them load my car with my order. It makes it easy to keep supporting them and is significantly more efficient for me as well.

I would rather be able to go in and walk around and gather my supplies, plus there could be extra sales going on not listed on website. You then also know that the expiration dates are still out a few days or so . Eggs , etc damaged, gotta go back . We don't want to be too comfy and spoiled, lazy.

Not saying you or anyone else is lazy..

#12976 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Drove past some idiot alone in his car wearing a mask today. Really laughed hard.

I was cutting the yard and saw one person out walking wearing a mask.

#13106 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm curious to know how many of you are wearing gloves when you do your errands. I've been wearing gloves every time I go someplace where I'll be touching stuff (i.e. grocery store, post office, gas pump, etc...). I also wear gloves when I am sorting through the mail or unboxing packages. I realize that the virus can't be spread through skin absorption, but I find that the gloves help remind me not touch my face. I also feel like once I take the gloves off, there is less potential virus on my hands. Obviously, I still thoroughly sanitize/wash them after.

Just a mask under the new mandated law . Carry a bottle of iso alcohol and towel. Anyone else experience your glasses fogging up while wearing mask, ratger annoying.

#13115 3 years ago

https://abc7chicago.com/coronavirus-in-kids-with-symptoms/6152544/

Some Doctors say it is not related to cov19 .
4 kids have test positive to both. Hope this is not thr new wildfire.

#13147 3 years ago

Friendly reminder for those who have vehicles not being driven for more than 7 days at a time. Make sure you take a drive for at least 10 minutes to get your vehicle woken up if you will, not just sitting idling on the driveway.

https://www.drifted.com/how-long-can-a-car-sit-without-being-driven/

#13151 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Funny you mention that .
My father-in-law passed away early March , his car has been sitting at our place since then and the battery is totally dead . How long do you think you have to drive it to charge the battery .

I copied this.

Car Maintenance / Car Battery Maintenance
How Long Does it Take to Recharge a Car Battery by Driving?
January 27, 2012
1 Comments Email
In order to recharge your car battery while driving you will need to operate the vehicle over 1,000 RPM’s for a sustained period of time. The longer the battery has been dead, the longer it will take to fully recharge it. However, by driving for at least a half an hour at 1,000 RPM’s, you should charge your battery enough that you will be able to restart the vehicle once you turn it off. Driving for an hour, without using the lights, radio or other electrical devices, should fully charge your battery.

#13239 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Heard an interesting take today, all the people working from home making their normal earnings , telling the others who need to get back to work or lose everything should try living on the government subsidy for a couple months. Might gain some insight as to why these protests are happening. If the choice was my family starving or me wearing proper PPE and getting to work I'm going. Seems like a lot of the elites are breaking the lockdown rules. Chris Cuomo, the mayor of Chicago, our genius Prime Minister etc,etc. Lead by example.

Remember Mr. LIghtfoot needs to get a haircut because of "tv appearances".
The government loves us . Do as I say not as I do is their law.

#13265 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

More than a two hour moderator delay and counting. I'm enjoying the kinder/gentler feel to this thread but wondering if there might be a different way. Not criticizing and I sympathize with the moderators burden. Just wondering.

I would love to see the censored posts that did not make it through.

#13294 3 years ago

Looks like we will be watched even more closely upon returning to work...

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/coronavirus-2020-05-05/card/fhwLfb0UYXbqhRm9cYNX

#13351 3 years ago

Funny they say to call Poison Control Center in ingested , yet provide no number to call.

#13396 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

WTF - Murder Hornets real ? I thought they were made up .
You think they could come up with a scarier name for them .

"Camel Spiders"

#13403 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Or the Goliath bird eating tarantula ..nice to know they are the size of a roomba

I think they have leg span of 12" to.

#13404 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We have a few really big spiders as well , they also scare the shit out of me .
[quoted image]

Beware the funnel web spider.

#13436 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You made me laugh .
We got from Murder Hornets to spiders .
I'm not a big fan of spiders and it gave me the Creeps just googling their images .
Thanks for letting them go up , as it's a bit of a distraction from the issue at hand .
Sometimes I think people forget this is a worldwide site not just a USA site and it takes people from all places and time zones to make this work , as well as it does . Keep up the great work .

I appreciate the Mod Team allowing some off topic humor.

#13483 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The reason liquor stores are considered essential is that there is a significant percentage of Americans who are alcoholic and would go into withdrawal if their supply was cut off.

The tax the State gets on sales , you know government will do anything to collect sales tax...regardless what is going on. Thats why.

#13492 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Damn, now it's going after children.
73 NY Children Sick With Rare COVID-Related Inflammatory Illness, 2nd Death Possibly Linked
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/73-ny-children-sick-with-rare-covid-related-illness-state-finds-with-one-death/2408285/

I mentioned this in post 13115 and there were 4 cases. This has significantly increased and now with deaths related.

Hopefully this is not a second wave of sorts.

#13542 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It's not supposed to be a decision. Billie has been openly telling us about his grande virus and vaccine plan for years now.
Luckily all that research hasn't been for nothing, since some highly researched/manipulated virus has just accidentally mysteriously poped up, and it comes at just the right time! ... Phew!

Ole Billy Gates is no md, never could keep a computer virus free and is most definitely not in charge of anyone's Body!

#13618 3 years ago

I had no idea costs and fees were this high for restaurants using GrubHub. 46 meals cost over $1000 and they only receive $300 plus. Unreal.

https://news.yahoo.com/much-restaurants-really-order-grubhub-171851427.html

#13624 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

True story...my buddy in Orlando has a neighbor who’s wife battled cancer for years and was declared terminal in the fall. She passed away in April. When she was admitted, she tested negative for covid-19. The death certificate has “covid 19” listed as primary cause of death. The hospital will not return his calls with questions about it.
.... and now for a check of the weather. Yup! The sun came up this morning.....

More covid related deaths equals more more money to the hospitals reporting them.
Upto $39,000 for each person on a ventilator. Medicare pays this out....

#13744 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Bummer. Sweet Tomatoes is my daughter's favorite restaurant. The one by us closed about five years ago, but we would always look forward to going there when we visit my parents in Florida. I agree that the future for buffets is not looking bright. I'm guessing other chains like Golden Corral won't be far behind. Who in their right mind would let their kid eat from a chocolate fountain these days?
And what's going to happen to Vegas, where buffets are an integral part of the culture? I would think the only way buffets survive is if they change their model and no longer allow the patrons to serve themselves.

I have never eaten at Sweet Tomatos, but Many a time at Golden Coral and another buffet that unfortunately closed years ago. Really hope they don't all go away.

#13748 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I didn’t look at the 66% as good or bad, just interesting. This may have been discussed, do you think central HVAC in some areas of urban living may account for a portion of this high number?

I was just thinking about this. In homes Would some of the particles lodge in the filters, and some be pushed through. Maybe have to change the filters more often.? Not sure about hotels, motels or big apartment complexes .

#13754 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Filters don't lose their filtering properties over time. They just become less efficient as the air resistance increases.

I get that, but with a fresh filter installed and a lot of infected people is there a chance for recirculation of the finer particulate? Or if lets say the ducts are somewhat dirty, do they stick to the dirt . Just a thought....

#13796 3 years ago

Good lord now they want your phone number, email address just so you can get a bite to eat?!? I get the gist of it, don't get me wrong . How many unwanted calls and spam email to be expected.
$100 billion to keep even more close tabs on you.

#13942 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Never lived in China, eh? Dont underestimate the surveillance and control of information. True story—when we used to want work or upgrades to our apartment there, which had been previously declined, my wife and I would complain in private to each other and threaten to leave the residence. Viola—the fix or upgrade would be made. We would just look at each other and say, “Do they think we are stupid”. I would be followed around, and people in our neighborhood would quietly tell me they were being questioned about everything I did. Fear, intimidation and monitoring. And now, don’t forget, they’ve implemented a social credit and AI monitoring system that is truly scary. And they are exporting it all over the world, retaining access and control over the data.
So yeah, don’t trust the figures

Can't wait for the social credit score to come to the states. Facebook wants to implement it. Complete control of us. What's next , no cussing . You are fined 1 credit for a violation of the verbal morality statue..

#13948 3 years ago

'owners are finding creative solutions to fill vacant tables'
I'm laughing, but hey I give them credit for trying as it may work. Not sure if some people would freak out or not... definitely worth a try.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article242732751.html

Also sports stadiums may pump in recorded fan audio during fanless games.

http://local12.com/sports/reds/baseball-thinking-ahead-to-the-sound-of-silence-in-stadiums-cincinnati-mlb-reds-major-league-baseball-coronavirus

#13954 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

McDonalds has released a 59 page booklet with instructions on how to reopen and what will be required of the franchisees.
how do you think this will work out?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/business/mcdonalds-reopening-instructions-coronavirus/index.html
1) Workers must clean and sanitize tables after each use and restrooms every 30 minutes. McDonald's (MCD) recommends using a tracking sheet to document the cleanings.
2) Restaurants don't have to turn on their touch-screen kiosks, but if they do, those screens and key pads have to be cleaned after every use.
3) They'll also have to close self-serve beverage bars.
4) Instead, employees must pour drinks out for customers, preferably using fountains usually designated for the drive-thru.

Gonna be a headache for sure. !

#14057 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They announced Aussie rules football will start on June 11th , yay
I hope they let some supporters in or at least put some crowd noises in . Sport sucks with no atmosphere .

Most likely haved noise pumped in. At least some sports are able to get back.

#14058 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Plus you get your 25¢ deposit back when you return your cart at Aldi's. Although during this whole coronavirus deal, most stores are waiving the deposit and giving you a "sanitized" cart.

Aldi is the only store I know that cleans them. I make sure to thank them for doing this.

#14161 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I’m just going to leave this here:

His hospital maybe picture perfect, but remember the power of the dollar will sway people. Look into black market organ harvesting. I believe Texas and Illinois were busted for this...

#14162 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My antibody results just came back and I’m negative.

Excellent news.

#14213 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I am having custom masks made for all of our organizations in this style:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This is important for building trust and showing that we are taking this seriously.
[quoted image]
Actually our logo looks pretty cool on these! We will convey a sense of competency and back it up with an actual virus mitigation strategy that works: Continuous forced fresh airflow (the big one), masks on, hands sanitized at entry *and* exit, no eating or drinking inside, limited attendance, timed admission (like a movie matinee), two-machine distance rule.
It’ll be as safe as an indoor space can be, short of an ICU.

Looks good!!

#14275 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sounds like a hair brain idea.

I agree. Lot of intetesting and strange idea's people come up with. Probably more of an attention getter...

#14456 3 years ago

While the company would not comment on sales or volume numbers during the pandemic, the latest Nielsen data found that Americans have spent more than $1.4 billion on toilet paper from Feb. 28 to March 21, according to a Nielsen spokesperson. Last week alone, the U.S. toilet paper category netted more than $378 million and was up 123% from the same week last year, the spokesperson added.

Can't imagine what the grand totals are at this point? Let alone world wide

#14557 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I saw this and had to share. This guy has the whole quarantine figured out![quoted image]

200524_072629_0 (resized).jpeg200524_072629_0 (resized).jpeg
#14602 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Easy. People that usually go to the ER for headaches, tummy aches, hangovers and other bullshit are staying home rather than risking being exposed. Hospitals are spending HUGE amounts of money on PPE that they need, as do other hospitals, so they're getting charged alot more from the PPE providers. Also, hospitals are delaying procedures for some patients, so they're not making money there. Lastly, Covid patients cost more to treat then regular patients, so they're losing money there too.
So less ER patients, less procedures, means some hospitals need less nurses to cover. Furloughs.
My wife is an ER nurse and thankfully hasn't been furloughed, but there are nurses at her hospital who have been.

They (hospitals) are also getting big money back once they label the death as covid. Reimbursement if you will....

364 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chad. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=chad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.