272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#232 4 years ago

I have a niece, who happens to be a teacher, posting pics on Facebook of her and her 4 boys and their girlfriends over for dinner. When someone posted about staying home, she said they're like family and share the same germs anyway.

I'm fucking speechless.

#3449 4 years ago

It was interesting listening to MN's governor Walz yesterday. He ordered a stay at home for 2 weeks and also extended the closure of schools, and non essential businesses until May 1st.

What was eye opening was his reasons. At least as far as MN is concerned, there is no more curve flattening. It's too late for that. He also said there will be a spike in cases. Nothing we can do now to prevent that.

The purpose of the stay at home and other measures is to delay the spike so the state, hospitals and medical community can prepare better for said spike.

I'm not into politics and don't care for politicians in general but after listening to Walz speak over the last few days, he makes those higher up look like spoiled children who blame everyone else for this problem and do nothing but pat themselves on the back for such a great job the US is doing.

Back to work by Easter? What an f'ing moron.

#3492 4 years ago

NSFW because of language.

A good friend of mine has a 7 year old that's not allowed to have friends over. He keeps asking dad why his friends get to play outside together.

1 week later
#7098 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Our SC governor still refuses to issue a stay-at-home order, claiming we are unique here in SC.
https://www.live5news.com/2020/04/03/mcmaster-not-issuing-stay-at-home-order-says-south-carolina-is-unique/

I will say, once this is all over with, people will see which governors had balls and which didn't.

#7133 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Our system is so broken right now.

Oh, it's not the system's fault it's broken. It's the head of the system that has no f'ing clue what to do.

#7138 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Isn’t that a political statement?

I guess it is.

#7145 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You've only been moderated four times. Try and keep up.

I've always been a little slow.

#8290 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I wish I would have anticipated the great jigsaw puzzle bubble of 2020. I dug this one out of the closet that I bought in 2014 and never opened. Somebody bought it yesterday. With shipping and tax, they paid $82. Just unreal.[quoted image]

Damn! I could be sitting on a gold mine. I've got more than 60 I've accumulated since I retired a few years ago. My wife and I have been doing them a second time over the last 3 weeks. The two of us do a 1000 piece puzzle in about 4 hours. The more difficult ones, maybe closer to 5.

FB555550-BD59-47E6-ACAF-4CD8CA94D058_1_105_c (resized).jpegFB555550-BD59-47E6-ACAF-4CD8CA94D058_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#8299 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Nice collection! I donated all but the best of mine and the ones we haven't worked a while back. It's a weird situation to both wish I had time to rework them, and be thankful that I don't.[quoted image]

1000 piece ones work best for our dining room table. Springbok and White Mountain puzzles have become our favorites. I donated about a dozen various ones last summer to our local senior center. They have a couple of tables with puzzles being continuously worked on. Kind of interesting to see someone sit and work on one for an hour, then leave. Someone else comes along and works on it for a few minutes, then leaves. This might go on for days.

My wife used to tease me for sitting for hours on end working on one. She no longer teases me.

6B978AC2-A8A4-4AA9-81AF-948202FAE74C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6B978AC2-A8A4-4AA9-81AF-948202FAE74C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8D5D87D7-FF1D-4347-998B-3234C38B04E8_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8D5D87D7-FF1D-4347-998B-3234C38B04E8_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#8453 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I really appreciate that but it’s not necessary. I’m just trying to do what I can to help.
Tell you what, if you come to TPF next year I’ll let you buy me a beer.

I'd be more than happy to buy you one, Doc. I appreciate your knowledge and level head in this thread.

#8883 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

anecdotal: anyone else notice an increase in street racing / stunt driving late at night? Streets are empty and at least once an evening I'll hear someone just pushing an engine to max.

Here in MN, even though traffic is way down, accidents involving deaths is about double from last year. Seems the main reason is speeding.

#9121 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Just shit on their doorstep.
I find that we are pretty consistent at creating that nuisance.

Not without putting it in a paper bag and lighting it on fire first.

#9565 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Got my girlfriend drunk and she let me take pictures with her mask off.

Are they for sale? Asking for a friend.

1 week later
#11998 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

[quoted image]
Can you cite the source of where you got this data from? Thanks in advance...

That's what's being referred to as "shark's teeth." Deaths decline over a period, so things are opened up and people get back together. Deaths then increase to a point where things get closed down again. Deaths then decline over a period.....

Rinse and repeat.

Referenced here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/health/coronavirus-america-future.html

Long read but a good one.

1 week later
#12462 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I assume they will be allowing one rider per cart, even with a foursome?

That's the way it is around here unless you're family members.

#12903 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I am genuinely curious though if some restaurants find they actually make more money in this new environment compared to how they operated before.

I read a local article a few days ago that said most local restaurants are maybe doing 25% of their normal business if they're lucky. This 25% is enough to hang on for a few months but that's about it.

1 week later
#13479 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Geez...
- One thing is to ask to reopen in order to go to work, in order to feed your children and keep a roof. I get it, I sympathize for those who desperately need their jobs back.
- Another is advocating virus-spreading behavior

And ironically, it appears to be a store that caters to the elderly.

#14044 3 years ago

Just some random thoughts:

I've found myself trying to be less judgmental over the last couple of months. I'm not sure if it's working or not. I don't believe there is one right or wrong way of dealing with all this. Even five years from now, I don't think we'll look back and know exactly what should or shouldn't have been done.

My wife and I were on our daily walk yesterday and saw 12 college aged kids having a pool party. Our governor has removed the stay at home order as of midnight Sunday night, which will allow gatherings of ten or less people. Some would freak out at what we saw. Not sure why. They're partying two days earlier than they should and does it really matter that there's 12 kids instead of 10? Funny though, I still viewed them as ones who couldn't care less about any of this.

A guy posted on a neighborhood app looking for locations that require masks in order to enter. He wanted to stay away from them. He doesn't believe he should have to wear one. He had to take his son to the dentist. He was required to wear one in order to enter. He said he was glad his son was old enough to go by himself because he himself was not going in. While trying not to be judgmental, I wanted to slap him upside the head and tell him to just put the f'ing mask on for the hour or so his son would be there.

My wife and I are 65 years old and still don't feel comfortable going into a store. We use curbside pickup or deliveries. After seeing the packed parking lots at various stores and hearing the stories of masks, no masks, some social distancing, some not, I feel good about our decision but wonder how long we will continue this.

Our son finally brought his two boys over. They've been over a few times in the last two months but stayed in the truck while we visited. They used our back yard to play baseball while my wife and I watched from the deck. We wanted to have them inside. Can't do that just yet. Gordon is a diabetic which concerns us all. His mother, my son's ex, is an ICU nurse at a local hospital. That concerns us. Like I said, we're 65.

Our daughter started taking her 2 kids back to daycare a week ago. We don't know what to think of that. As badly as we want to see them, that concerns us. We've also been to their place a couple of times in the last two moths but stayed in the car while visiting. Hayes, the 3 year old, wanted a hug and when told we couldn't give him one, started to cry. That made my wife cry.

I've unfollowed a couple of good friends on Facebook. I understand both sides of the open up, keep things closed argument, but if you're going to shove either side down my throat by posting constant stories one way or the other, you're not a friend. It's no different than religion or politics.

So many armchair quarterbacks that seem to know what we should or should not be doing. So easy to have an opinion when you're not the one who has to make critical decisions.

Someone recently commented about why sports are not important at a time like this. I get it but it made me angry. We have MN Twins season tickets. We love baseball. I doubt we'll be seeing a game this year. I went to 27 of them last year. I'm really going to miss it. Am I selfish?

So many other thoughts but I'll be done for now.

1 week later
#14822 3 years ago

I had a friend share this on Facebook. Maybe some have seen it. I don't care which side you're on. Just be respectful of others and don't be a dick!

As we start to open up.....you do you, I'll do me. That's what America's about. None of us have the same circumstances (medically high risk child/ family member or a business about to go under, etc.). Let's all stay in our own lanes and keep the judgment down as we begin to reopen. No one should feel pressured either way.
Just a thought... As governors are trying to figure out how to ease back into normal, please remember:

Some people don’t agree with the state opening.... that’s okay. Be kind.

Some people are still planning to stay home.... that’s okay. Be kind.

Some people will be gathering with their church family because to them church is essential.... That's okay. Be kind.

Some are still scared of getting the virus and a second wave happening....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some are sighing with relief to go back to work knowing they may not lose their business or their homes....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some are thankful they can finally have a surgery they have put off....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some will be able to attend interviews after weeks without a job....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some will wear masks for weeks....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some people will rush out to get the hair or nails done.... that’s okay. Be kind.

The point is, everyone has different viewpoints/feelings and that’s okay. Be kind.

We each have a different story. If you need to stay home, stay home. But be kind .

If you need to go out, just respect others when in public and be kind!

Don’t judge fellow humans because you’re not in their story. We all are in different mental states than we were months ago. So remember, be kind.

#14845 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had to be out yesterday. From what I am seeing around here people are not going wear a mask unless someone is pointing a gun to their head. Walmart and Kroger employees have their masks on but most customers don't. There is a disconnect.

I just did a Home Depot and Ace Hardware curbside pickup. Watching people going in and out, it's about 50/50 on the mask wearing. Age and gender didn't seem to make a difference. Employees that brought the items out wore masks and were both very pleasant.

1 month later
#16028 3 years ago

Both American and United Airlines have said they're going to fill their planes to 100%. One of the CEO's, I forget who, said "there's no way to social distance on a plane anyway." Makes no difference to me. I have no idea when I'll feel comfortable on a plane again.

1 week later
#16705 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not surprised at the smear campaign against Fauci, but it won’t work.
They’ve done miniature versions of this several times already, and it always backfires. People trust him, for good reason.

I wonder how many times he now wants to just say, "Fuck it! I'm done."

Seriously. The very people how hired you and you work for, won't listen to a word you have to say.

1 week later
#17138 3 years ago

Starting this Saturday, you must wear a mask when in indoor public places in Minnesota.

2 weeks later
#17763 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

60 percent of the townspeople of sturgis surveyed said they wanted the city to cancel the event this year.
That’s democracy in action as usual.

In all fairness, what's Sturgis supposed to do? Seems like bikers are going to show up no matter what anyone says.

1 month later
#18447 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Today for whatever reason I saw more people ignoring the mask rules than I ever have. I wanted to yell at them and tell them how F'ing stupid they are but I really didnt feel like getting in a fight today. I wish the stores would enforce this but they wont.

It's just not worth commenting on mask wearing. It's just not.

My sister in law stopped at a small local restaurant to pick up her order the other night. When she walked in, none of the workers had masks, although they were all required to in MN. She made some comment about them not having masks. One worker's reply and I quote, "fuck you. Do you want your food or not?"

Her reply and I quote, "no thanks. You can shove it up your ass," and she walked out.

My wife and I have thought about trying that place. We have no desire to now.

1 month later
#19878 3 years ago

Not judging anyone but my wife and I just drove past our local Perkins and the parking lot was about as full as it would have been on a weekend pre Covid.

It was pretty packed.

#19917 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Perkins isn't a local business, it's a chain of 300+ restaurants that went through bankruptcy, fired tens of thousands of employees with no warning, and is now owned be Allied Capital, a private equity investment firm.
Support an actual local business if you are going to eat out in the pandemic, small local businesses are hurting far more than big corporate chains.

I get what you're saying, but the local corporate owned restaurant still employs all local people.

In fact, if the local corporate owned goes under, more people may lose their jobs than if a family owned place goes under.

1 week later
#20213 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Michigan has had a mask mandate since March and our numbers are still skyrocketing.

As I mentioned in another thread, here in MN, the age group with the largest percentage of cases is 18-35 and the largest percentage of cases come from bars and restaurants (where you probably won't be wearing a mask).

And from MN's Department of Health, "Research has shown that use of face coverings can greatly reduce the risk of infection when combined with other prevention efforts such as social distancing and hand hygiene."

3 weeks later
#20643 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

He crisscrossed the US multiple times the past month and was at every hearing mask-less for hours so who knows where he contracted it. No one was shocked he got it but that he lasted this long without contracting it especially with his close contact to the Whitehouse. At last count there were 60ish staffers and 150ish secret service? He has nothing to worry about because he'll get some of the best care and treatment available.

I couldn't care less how he contacted it. I'm more concerned about who may have contacted it from him. But assholes like this don't care about such things.

7 months later
#23747 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm curious what the percentage of people here still wear masks when shopping and those who don't? I still do!

I no longer wear a mask as I've been vaccinated. However, if a location requires a mask, I'm more than happy to wear one. It's called being respectful.

2 months later
#26252 2 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:I was tired for about 18 hours after my 2nd dose, did the booster have any neg affects on you?

My wife and I got our booster a couple of weeks ago. I had no effects but my wife ended up with a low grade fever and overall body pain for about 24 hours.

#26254 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Minnesota hospitals tapped out. Not looking too pretty. Thankful the population centers are mostly vaccinated or it would be a lot worse. (Look at how the high vaccination rate correlates to the suppressed caseload in the metro regions).
Cases rising rapidly in the unvaccinated youth statewide though. Thankfully they mostly don’t need hospitalization because there are only around 10 pediatric beds open statewide.
Wife had a cancer patient turned away from 5 hospitals the other day before they finally found a place. Even then, they stayed in the emergency room for 3 days until a bed opened up. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I talked with my ex daughter in law the other day. She used to be an ICU nurse but has now moved to the ER. Her hospital is grossly under staffed in the ICU and needless to say, the primary reason for the nurses quitting is burnout. She said if she wants to make a quick $1600, she can work a 12 hour shift in the ICU. Any nurse can. She pretty much said you couldn't pay her enough to go back there. At least not at this time. She also said the hospital is paying any nurse a $20,000 bonus if they commit to staying for the next two years.

3 months later
#28747 2 years ago

My wife called our insurance company to find out how to submit our bill for the 8 test kits we get per month.

We were told because we're on Medicare, we don't qualify and Medicare won't pay for them either.

WTF!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=bryan_kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.