272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#28041 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was a fun family Christmas as once again late into the night a debate about the pandemic started lol. One of my family members was very adamant that the following items are true. This is coming from someone who I would consider very informed on a number of topics, smart, and educated. Regularly I wouldn't waste my time debating this (especially on Christmas of all days...) but once he started telling my parents this stuff I had to say something, in a respectful way of course.
What I've learned from this family member is he ends up coming across as "Well I had Covid, I'm not vaccinated, everyone should be fine too if they get it". Well that's not the way science works and everyone is different. That would be like telling someone who also has cancer "Oh, I had cancer too and recovered, no big deal, you will be fine too"...
1. The vaccines have killed 10,000 people within 2 weeks of people receiving it.
This one was a curve ball as he was showing me a CDC article. He's reading the data that all of these individuals died from the vaccine which isn't true. There's nothing that stops people from still dying of other causes after receiving the vaccine...
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
"FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause". "More than 485 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through December 13, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 10,483 reports of death (0.0022%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA clinicians review reports of death to VAERS including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records."
What he failed to mention is this part in the article "Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem."
2. Only 25% of CDC staff is vaccinated, Dr. Fauci himself said this, they don't want the vaccine he said...
This one started on social media, below is just one of the sources fact checking this. In May of 2021 Dr. Fauci did say in a Senate committee that he thinks around 60% of CDC was vaccinated, this was already higher then the 47% US vaccination rate. At the time vaccination by individuals wasn't being reported or required (that's obviously changing now for federal workers)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/05/30/fact-check-fauci-didnt-say-cdc-fda-staff-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/7474372002/
3. US deaths are no higher over the past 2 years then in the past...
He was very adamant about this, as if no one has really died of Covid-19 and that the numbers being reported are false... He said "show me the CDC data that says deaths are up because of Covid". Ok here it is lol. This is just for 2020.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db427.htm
[quoted image]

@PanzerFreak, you wrote that you generally consider this person smart, informed, etc and that you provided him information to rebut the three misunderstandings/misinformation he shared. Did he acknowledge being incorrect about any/all of the three items? Did any of it prompt him to reconsider his positions?

#28075 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

He said to the Purple Heart Marine Combat Veteran.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"912cf1629dd2b8acad95db0ed109b73357b8f36f-1640647863-1800"};
//]]>

American Liberty and individualism is what we should be fighting for not Pharma companies to mass vax the planet.
You may not see it but I'm fighting for you and your rights every day friend.

The current and former commanders in chief asked Americans to get vaccinated for the good of the country.

#28235 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm in day 5 snice my symptoms first began and my Covid has escalated. My doctor was concerned enough that yesterday he arranged for me to go to the hospital for Monoclonal Antibody Therapy. I drove myself.
They gave me 4 injections of whatever and held me there for a 60 minute observation. One injection into each arm and two injections into my abdomen.
I say whatever because I'm so sick I didn't care if they injected me with horse manure.
* I'm a bit of a control freak in my life and this makes me feel uncomfortable to give in like this. But things are moving pretty quickly.
I've lost all taste and smell and last night I was awakened at 2:30 AM as my tongue felt like it was on fire. Not painful enough to call a doctor but painful enough to prevent sleeping. It's now subsided but I've not read anything before about tongue pain which I found to be strange.
I'm fortunate to have a steambath in my home and it seems to give me breathing relief. Opens up my bronchial tubes and loosens those lung biscuits for ejection.
This probably all sound dramatic and is. But despite my heightened misery I feel pretty stable and I don't believe I'm going to get any worse. I just gotta ride it out.

Sorry you're having a rough go of it. I hope the antibody treatments help!

2 weeks later
#28645 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Here is my experience with COVID and the vaccine this week. I had our new sales rep meet me in Phoenix this week. We were in close proximity Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. He arrived on Sunday and we went to dinner. He started coughing at dinner complaining about the dryness. Monday we were in the car and symptoms kept getting worse. Tuesday morning he looked even worse. I told him that we need to get tested. His came back positive mine negative. He was not vaccinated, I got my booster in December. I have tested myself twice a day and still no positive and no symptoms. Even if the new strain is less severe, I will take a shot over a cold any day.

Yikes. Does this experience have an impact on your assessment of this new sales rep's judgment?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.