272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billysastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Karate class today for my son via Skype.

Nice.

Last night I drove by the TKD gym that I train at (I haven't been there in about a week and a half) and they were holding a class. All other gyms are closed but they're going strong. I do know the owner and manager fairly well and I wouldn't be surprised if they still believe that the virus is a hoax.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Well if this virus kills me there are some pros:
No longer have to work 10 hrs a day
Won’t have to pay bills
Won’t have to get old
Won’t have to have hope
Won’t have to work 49 weeks out of 52 a year
Won’t ever get poison ivy/sumac

That's the way I look at it too, but then someone else will raise my kids and I just can't let that happen.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

For example, if you were briefed in say, January by your intelligence agency that covid was serious and a likely threat, then for weeks called it a hoax and encouraged people to ignore it

This is the thing I will never, ever forget or forgive. Ever.

#1444 4 years ago

Hopefully Rand Paul's sake his fight with the coronavirus ends up better then his fight with his neighbor.

1 week later
#5383 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If we all get through this alive let's all agree to get back to unionizing. The class consciousness awoken by millions of workers being forced to risk their lives while billionaires escape is huge. No anecdotal story about "oh unions protected the job of a guy that was kind of lazy" holds water in the face of "my millionaire boss needed me to build more condos or widgets while a pandemic swept our city"

Normally I agree with this, but right now I'm not feeling the union love.

My employer, instead of offering layoffs which many of us would take, is forcing our members to work in Chicago. So if forced, we have to leave a county with under 10 known cases, to a hot zone, and all our union says is "they can do that". Now they need to go out and find housing and travel around during a pandemic.

But thankfully on our company website, our CEO says that the company cares about our health and is working very hard to keep us from being exposed to the virus. The dude is fucking clueless.

#5452 4 years ago

d351878 (resized).jpgd351878 (resized).jpg

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s full of shit, he knew.

Exactly. Politicians are professional liars. There's absofuckinglutely no way he hadn't overhear, read, or was just straight up told that information.

#7674 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Unionize the hell out of that place, Who Dey.

I believe Who Dey has mentioned before that he is a union employee.

I'll say this as a union member myself. There's only so much the union can do in this situation. You can take your grievance about working in close proximity situations, but there's nothing beyond that they can do. The other day my local chairman was told to go home because he refused to work with three guys in the cab of a locomotive. There will definitely be formal charges brought up against him for insubordination, which could mean termination for him.

I work for a Canadian based railroad and interact with Canadian union members and their unions are so much stronger than the U.S.

I just got the phone call yesterday that I'm being forced to work in Chicago, a known hot spot. I have to go through a month of training there where there will be 3 or 4 guys in a locomotive cab. I can either work, quit, or take a leave of absence. Guess I'm taking the LOA and eating ketchup sandwiches for a while.

#7713 4 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Ketchup sandwiches????
You have bread????? lucky you

My wife was a bit of a hoarder before all this so we have plenty of flour and a breadmaker. I bought a bunch of yeast yesterday just in case.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Good luck man. That’s tough. At least you have some killer games in your collection to play if you’re home for an extended period. I remember shipping my Spidey out to you years ago, and you sent me a picture of your young son playing it. Is he taller than you yet?

No, not yet. Unfortunately for my boy, he has short parents, and he's already shorter than most 11 y/o's. He loves playing football, so being the smallest kid on the field is tough for him. I guess I have time now to practice some more drills with him in the yard.

#8068 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have decide to create my own backyard diner.[quoted image]

Dammit I love cheeseburgers with toasted buns. And those carmelized onions to top it off. Now I want one of those.

#9226 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nah...I finally decided to start binge watching GOT.

Save yourself some misery and stop after season 4.

#10126 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

ahahaha I watched a press conference on coronavirus tonight by a head of state for a country I won't name (I dunno just assume it was Trudeau or whatever,) but LOL holy shit wow
We live in the dumbest of times.

All I'll say about that press conference is that if your authority is total, then so is your responsibility. Those two go hand in hand.

#10829 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can we all agree that he is the ultimate optimist?

Lol, yeah, and so was Andrew Heighway.

#11108 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I see a citizen that cares about constitutional rights.

Where were all these "constitutional rights" citizens when the POTUS said that he has absolute power?

3 weeks later
#13477 3 years ago

In case anyone here needs a hug.
714c648~2 (resized).jpg714c648~2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#14598 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The hospital parking lots are empty and they are laying off nurses in Ohio. Explain that......

Easy. People that usually go to the ER for headaches, tummy aches, hangovers and other bullshit are staying home rather than risking being exposed. Hospitals are spending HUGE amounts of money on PPE that they need, as do other hospitals, so they're getting charged alot more from the PPE providers. Also, hospitals are delaying procedures for some patients, so they're not making money there. Lastly, Covid patients cost more to treat then regular patients, so they're losing money there too.
So less ER patients, less procedures, means some hospitals need less nurses to cover. Furloughs.
My wife is an ER nurse and thankfully hasn't been furloughed, but there are nurses at her hospital who have been.

#14795 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

is well-known for advancing aggressive techniques - anti choice, LGBT, Climate...you name it.

So "Freedom foundation" is anti-choice? How ironic.

1 month later
#16125 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I noticed an uptick in locals wearing face masks after Pence donned one. That was just a couple of days ago though. If we can get a certain individual to put on his Lone Ranger costume, maybe the rest will jump on board?

John Oliver was spot on this past weekend. If the Trump campaign would've made and sold MAGA masks at the beginning of the pandemic, we probably wouldn't have a big problem right now. A huge missed opportunity.

1 week later
#16795 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’ll be almost as if a miracle.

Well, the warm weather's been around for a couple of months now so we're due for that miracle we were told about.

1 week later
#17134 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s an even more
Awesome part. Building is 100 year old tenement just like my current one (120 years old).
But it’s second floor so only
One flight of stairs. AND my downstairs neighbor is a frame shop so for once in my life I can plop my sweet vintage advents speaker on the floor without bothering anybody. Everything about this place is awesome
I’m so fucking psyched.
View is nice too more old buildings across the street and windows in front and back do plenty of daylight and nice view of 9th Avenue and the sky.
They gave us the keys early.
[quoted image]

That's cool dude. After this shitburger of a year I'm happy to see a regular person getting a bit of an upgrade in their life.

1 week later
#17527 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

not safe for people to cast an in-person ballot?

Complete and obvious distraction to get people to look away from the headline that the US economy contracted at a 32.9% annual rate from April through June, its worst drop on record.

1 week later
#17784 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Require masks and enforce it.

Yeah, good luck with that. I've been to the Sturgis rally. The cops are scared shitless of anyone they perceive to be in a gang.

#17818 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Young lady who took the photo of the high school crowded hallway in Georgia, has been outed in Social Media.
She has been receiving Death and Rape threats now.
I cant imagine the position and mindset of people that think and behave this way.....

Instead of being mad at the system that isn't providing direction, capacity, or capability to succeed in "first world country".

Instead of being upset at the lack of leadership during a pandemic.

Instead of being upset at our economy and lifestyle, forcing families even with dual incomes to struggle with where they will put their children when they are at work...during a pandemic.

Instead of being upset at companies paying shit wages, rather we get upset at people on unemployment getting a penance.

We attack a child. We attack each other. We attack low wage, front line workers. We attack science. We attack facts. That's where we are.

1 week later
#18002 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Apparently Tires are the new covid?
Such an important use of time.

So the guy that's against "cancel culture" tells people not to buy Goodyear tires? Isn't that a cancel culture thing to do?

#18056 3 years ago

27895c0~2 (resized).jpg27895c0~2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#18836 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

And in other news, DeSantis has decided Florida is ready to fully reopen again.
Cue the Jaws music....

Indiana fully reopened today too despite cases rising in the state. Notre Dame University has a big outbreak and their football team had to postpone today's game.

1 week later
#19043 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]
Looks like the cheap seats were the place to be for this one. Yikes!

If that press conference turns in to a superspreader and people die from it, that event will go down in the history books as a major, major fuckup.

3 weeks later
#19682 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A lot of people here are acting like not wearing a mask is the equivalent to fighting for our freedom in the Revolutionary War. "I don't have to wear a mask, I don't have to listen to anyone".

9qktmu7xnx751 (resized).jpg9qktmu7xnx751 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#20010 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This situation will continue to get worse before it gets better.
I hope we can all make it to February.
I cannot believe these numbers this week. All the work SOME of us did earlier this year to slow this thing down seems to be completely in vain.

Absolutely. I have a few tales from a hot, hotspot here in the Midwest.

My wife is a RN at a hospital here in town. A week before Halloween a number of her co-workers and their families went to a party at someone's house. Pics were taken and posted online. No masks. Four of her co-workers were out directly because of the party.

My wife has a friend, roughly 65 or so. She had Covid symptoms for a few days, but still decided to attend church, then a ladies tea luncheon after at the same church. She calls my wife the next day and tells her about the symptoms and where to get tested. Then tells my wife "In hindsight I guess I should've stayed home". Now the church is shut down for two weeks minimum.

Lastly, a few days before Halloween, my neighbor is directly exposed to the virus by a co-worker. Goes home, tells his wife and they go on as normal. Halloween rolls around and we take our daughter out to our closest neighbors. The guy's wife stops us and says that he isn't feeling well and to not get close so we don't catch anything. No mention of Covid. We also see that their granddaughter and two young great granddaughters are in the house with them. Just today my wife heard that both of the neighbors tested positive. No idea on the others that were in the house, but they're young kids who go to school and daycare and the mom works at a grocery store. I'm just appalled by the fucking stupidity.

Keep safe everyone and don't let your guard down. You never know about the other guy.

1 week later
#20287 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That dude is just insane! Seriously, where did they find this quack?

Also, his specialty is radiology. Because when dealing with an airborne virus you need the medical expertise of a guy trained in radiology.

That's like taking your vehicle with major collision damage to Jiffy Lube for repair.

1 month later
#20892 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am pretty sure they don't deny the beer virus exists, just have a different point of view to you as how to live with it.
Thus you call them deniers like an attack.
True?
BTW I thought talking politics was banned?

9778a52~2 (resized).jpg9778a52~2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#21177 3 years ago

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/capitol-hill-riot-prove-covid-19-superspreader-event/story?id=75134968
No surprise here, but the recent coup attempt will more than likely be a massive superspreader.

1 month later
#21829 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

With this executive order, we are ensuring that all businesses and families in Texas have the freedom to determine their own destiny.

This reads like something a 50y/o wine mom would write after posting a pic of her and the other Karen's drinking at Applebee's.

4 months later
#23529 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Fuck it. One man. All it would take in this country to get the population to get vaccinated is the man who pushed the buttons to get the vaccine to the public in record time. He has had the vaccine himself and he has made a couple of mealy mouth, hand over your mouth type statements about getting vaccinated. But if this dude would shout it from the rooftops that you need to get vaccinated, we would have a better response, IMO.
But someone did not win and gets all butt hurt about it. The vaccination rate would improve tremendously if one man would quit copping an attitude.
One man. That is all it would take. As it is, he reminds me of the Pied Piper.

I honestly don't think it would make that much a difference. Maybe a few million more shots.

This is the one thing that the anti-vaxx "patriots" won't do for their leader. He's created a cult within his party, but the anti-vaxxers are so against it that they're not getting a shot no matter what. I work with a few of these and their excuses for not getting a shot are mind blowing. One guy claims that he personally knows 11 people that have died from the shot. 11 people. Good luck trying to ask him any questions about it though, he just knew those 11 people.

This is our reality and the Biden administration needs to realize that they'll never get to their vaccination goals.

3 weeks later
#24169 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sad news from Texas. An official for the Republican Party in Texas has died from COVID. This was 5 days after his last post on Facebook, an internet meme questioning the wisdom of getting vaccinated. He was 45 years old. He leaves behind his wife (also currently COVID positive) and an infant son.

I gotta give him his due. This dude stuck to his guns to the very end. Sure, he's dead, his wife is a widow, and his son is fatherless, but he died showing us the strength of his principles.

1 month later
#25585 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:My fcuking insurance (obamacare, Nevada Healthcare marketplace) COmpaNy sent me a bill for a $29.00 "processing fee". This was for the 2nd dose received here. 1st dose in Michigan, under real insurance, did not appear anywhere indicating a cost.

Why even tell them you have insurance? I left the insurance information part blank for my shot from Walgreens. No questions were asked either time.

1 week later
#25745 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So again, if people want to take the vaccine, they can. But they need to STFU with trying to tell people to take the damn thing.

I've found that the anti-vaxx people are much, much louder about it then the pro-vaxx.

2 months later
#27693 2 years ago

Mom: Little Trekkie! How did you do on your big math test?

Little Trekkie: 100% correct!

Mom: Terrific son, can I see the test? (Looks at test.) Says on the paper that you had 10 wrong. See, right here on the paper.

Little Trekkie: Those are just exceptions.

Mom: Wait, what? You said 100% correct, but I just showed you that 10 of these are incorrect.

Little Trekkie: Exceptions don't effect anything. Keep grasping at straws and keep that narrative going lady.

#27700 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Oh that's right...Covid is just going around killing all the healthy people.
Thank God you're here!

the-point-over-your-head.gifthe-point-over-your-head.gif

3 weeks later
#28476 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's kind of sad to think that while he's getting ready for a character dinner with Snow White all he's thinking about is this thread.

Rent free.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billysastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=billysastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.