272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider belairjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok so you are expecting Covid 19 to possibly shell itself and then return when it gets cold again.
Curious why it’s impervious to hot weather? Maybe I should suntan and keep my heater on

no need for a heater..your full of "hot air"

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

NYC and Philly airports closing. Serious enough for people yet??

not until they close superdawg on milwaukee ave

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just got a super jackpot in T Rex multi ball on JP and screamed like a school girl, oh wait, this isn’t the confessional thread.

multi ball?? are you crazy?..i heard from the guy who plows dennis nordmans driveway that this will spread this virus...only one ball games!

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

He is the one bragging about how great his state is while putting down smaller ones.
What I can tell you that some of our states are doing just fine on our own. If everything is so great there, why are so many moving to Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and all over the western US?

because of the warm welcome they receive from the locals.just a reminder..this is the united states

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My wife and I will be spending alot of time fishing in a few weeks
I heard Freezers are selling like hot cakes

i heard hot cakes were selling like freezers! more misinformation !

#1410 4 years ago

how do you order polish sausage?

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The good news is I watched the President of Spain (or maybe his Health Director) admit that patients over 60 no longer qualify
for extensive measures and will be given pain meds to help them go onward. A logical choice and a difficult one to make.
It could be worse, in WW! and at other times in History there was no Doctor Roberts dispensing morphine.

good news if your 59

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve said over and over to trust the public to do the right thing is a huge mistake.

it was a huge mistake long ago..now it could be a fatal mistake

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Friend of the family attends a large church in Alabama where they decide to continue with Choir practice. What could go wrong with 50+ people exhaling forcibly around each other, sharing at the refreshment table and using the same bathrooms?
I person was infected. Now 30 are infected and one has died.

your just"singing to the choir" with this comment..

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sometimes what is interesting about information sites, and How they handle feedback.
Watching closely, and often, if a story on Fox produces Too much negative commentary
almost ONLY on one person, they shut it down. In response to the Country-Virus name debate,
people have been pushing back and calling it the TrumpVirus.
This is simply infuriating enough to censor public statements.
Which direction do we go today? Open Country, or Locked Down to fight this?

i myself am willing to give up my health so my grandkids can play with their happy meals inside the store..so i loss a lung..worth it to me to open this thing up as i dont want my grandson to loss his chance to get on a game show or anything..over 60? its your duty!

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Doesn't matter, it's in very poor taste

to some people..for others thought provoking..i hope

#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

I've been following this thread (and others that were merged into this one) since the beginning. I have to say, while I generally love Pinside, the moderating on this thread is pretty pathetic. It certainly does not appear to be being applied evenly. One person will make a political statement with no consequence and then the next person is thread ejected.

2-hour thread eject!(telling on others)

#3550 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

There’s several reports like that.[quoted image]

he could maybe 500 hours of community service...at his local nursing home

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

How long before researchers in Antartica get ill?

about Easter or so

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well we have three kids at home (10, 12), and we've been in lockdown for two weeks.....its not easy, but mine seem to get it as they haven't complained at all. My biggest challenge is doing all the work of their teachers, and hoping they don't kill each other....the long term problem is my kids now say they would much rather be home schooled....ouch!

im over here already at 2 week lock down with my 9 year old twin grandkids..school closed until may15 ..i have no drugs or alcohol..im down to maybe 2lbs of mike and ikes to try to fend them off..the virus stopped by here late yesterday,took one look in the window at the chaos going on in here and left scared

#3806 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

At least they didn't just straight-up assassinate him like they do most everyone else.

the nights still young

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If the virus is nice to me we may be able to work with it.

thats the spirit!.its a new virus lets have some fun with it.

#4717 4 years ago

fuck those ugly rabid bats!..i got bit up by one 10 years ago in mchenry county..flew out the bottom of a rotting tree in my yard while i was running a weed eater..freaked me out.not much left of it after i beat it to death with the weed eater..saw so many in china they blocked out the sun..hate those fuckin things

#4787 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

"Unlike in the US, France and Italy do not count deaths that take place at home or in nursing homes among their virus numbers - even though nursing homes are known coronavirus incubators around the world."

do they have any idea how many people are dying at in their homes or care homes?..any ideas on this number out of NY?

#6060 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Well I guessing gambling isn’t approved here. If it was, I’d put $50 on > 1 million dead from coronavirus in the US before the end of 2021.
The math for less doesn’t make sense to me, short of a vaccine.

how will you collect if your one of the dead ones?..think this thing out..

#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Good point. Make it $1k. If I’m dead, call the debt collectors. If I live, I, coming for my money.
One of my team members told me his wife (a nurse) was offered $100/hr to head to NYC to help. Nothing to see here folks, it’s all under control. Only 100,000 will die, nothing to worry about. Right.

sounds good!..lets hope we can both get moderated on a thread about this say by thanksgiving?

#6354 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

A kind NH resident left this sticky note on an eighty year old woman’s car from Massachusetts that my wife knows. I guess she was wearing a mask shopping and the person felt angered.[quoted image]

im from illinois..i got a collection of these kind of notes while on vacation to other states..they come in green during packer season on the border towns

#6518 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That seems like someone with incompetent people around him if he just now figured that out - or he's lying.

both

#6644 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’d like to point out that Anderson Cooper is an entertainment show that thinks it’s news. Occasionally he will do hard hitting interviews, but like a lot of prime time TV personalities, ratings are important.
Once again, I’d urge everyone to read:
- The AP
- Reuters
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
- Your local newspaper
- The Washington Post
- The New York Times
A mix of center right and center left will help keep you balanced and not addicted to junk food news.

you forgot the only "real trusted news "....mad magazine

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because....Georgia. Just like how the governor of Florida exempted religious gatherings from the stay at home order...so I guess 1000 person church services are a go. Some of the people participating may even get to meet god by Easter!

were not letting even the Easter bunny in over here! it leaves the basket at the door

#8031 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

For the record....I voted for Obama and I voted for Trump. I am truly independent. Everyone needs to take a breath and realize that their own favorite leaders also
contributed to this mess.

svengolie was part of this?!

#9424 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What I wanna know is are the preppers just hunkered down and dipping into their doomsday stash?
Or were they flocking to wal mart to Buy a pallet of charmin just like everybody else?

my brother is a serious prepper.enough supplies to last 1-year or more at any given time.they have their own doctor in the group..food,ammo,medical supplies..

#9428 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

At least you know where to go if the SHTF.

these people involved in this are not kooks..they are very well prepared in both supplies and information.ponds for fresh fish,cows,chickens etc..canned food grown on his farm.solar power,buried fuel tanks..places set up for defending the compound as well as boobie traps set up to alert them ..special forces people go to his farm to train.i saw for first time 4 months ago.its more about every person being ready as a team in case of emergency..

#9473 4 years ago

bottle says "26 of 50" limited edition ..but lower in same photo shows the number 28..did you get cheated on this?

#9476 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Either that or it's a rarity like the '89 Fleer Billy Ripken baseball card

just jokin with you my friend.you must expect this kind of comment from a former 'FIB'

#10194 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They were running a profit until partisan nonsense was stuck in a bill during Bush era.
“ In 2006, Congress passed a law that imposed extraordinary costs on the U.S. Postal Service. The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (PAEA) required the USPS to create a $72 billion fund to pay for the cost of its post-retirement health care costs, 75 years into the future. This burden applies to no other federal agency or private corporation.”
This was done on purpose with the intent they fail and are privatized.
I like this USPS list:
Handles 47% world’s mail
Ships ~150 billion Envelope/yr
Delivers more in 16 days than UPS+FedEx ship combined in a yr
500,000 career employees
31,000 locations
You can send a Envelope from Key West to Utqiagvik AK for less than the cost of a candy bar

all very impressive..where is my mail?

#10450 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

There is also a theory or reports that Chinese researchers that work in these labs have been known to sell research animals to local wet markets for side cash. May not be as far fetched asxI initially thought. With the CCP, who knows where the truth lies.

maybe from a tractor seat?

3 weeks later
#13481 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And ironically, it appears to be a store that caters to the elderly.

i guess they have no worry about customers coming back for 30 day warranty..

#13737 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Bummer. Sweet Tomatoes is my daughter's favorite restaurant. The one by us closed about five years ago, but we would always look forward to going there when we visit my parents in Florida. I agree that the future for buffets is not looking bright. I'm guessing other chains like Golden Corral won't be far behind. Who in their right mind would let their kid eat from a chocolate fountain these days?
And what's going to happen to Vegas, where buffets are an integral part of the culture? I would think the only way buffets survive is if they change their model and no longer allow the patrons to serve themselves.

i was never a buffet guy but many of my family loved them..i dont see them surviving this...on the plus side i read drive in movie theaters are making a come back as this does make for a cheap,safe way to take the kids for a movie..i always enjoyed them and hope they return big time

#13933 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't know whether to applaud our creativity or cry about our state of being.
[quoted image][quoted image]

guy needs to put a windshield wiper on that and then im impressed..2nd photo..if that many people wore those things it would just create another bottle neck while shopping..

1 week later
#14622 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bullshit, people arent sick around my area at all. I know a shitload of people and I dont know anyone who has got the coronavirus yet.

yep..same as that bullshit story floating around about americans going hungry..i was around a shit ton of people today and i did not see one person going hungry

1 month later
#16167 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Be patient with me. What do you mean by deaths?
Do you mean:
Case fatality rate?
deaths per day?
Deaths per 100,000 people?
As far as testing... here is a good article rebutting your argument:
https://www.propublica.org/article/state-coronavirus-data-doesnt-support-trumps-misleading-testing-claims

i think it means people not alive

1 week later
#16522 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is insane that they are going through with this.

more like goofy

#16665 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't doubt it. I haven't used a public restroom since March.

i have not used a public restroom since march also..march of 1976

#16919 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Fuck it. I'm going to take up smoking again and if I run into any of these sanctimonious types who think they are too good to wear a mask, I'm going to light up and blow some Marlboro smoke into their faces. And if the area is branded as a No Smoking area, all the better.
How did we become a country of so many ignorant assholes ?

from tv..then the internet

#17010 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There is a fundamental difference between Americans and Canadians - we as a society believe in law and order and being good citizens. All you need to do is look at our folk heroes - Americans glorify the “Wild West” while our biggest heroes were the RCMP.
Sure we have a few nut jobs who don’t believe in masks due to the cultural transfers from the US but the vast majority of Canadians have a basic belief in following rules. Even our populist conservative premier in Ontario is following the advice of medical advisors.
It makes me so sad to see what’s happening to the US. All you have to do is wear a mask.

yep..if Dudley do-right would have been given a bigger segment of time on the Bullwinkle show, things would have turned out much different in the US..

1 week later
#17512 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Vitamin D is cheaper than hydroxychloroquine and has fewer side-effects.
I wonder why we're not hearing about Vitamin D at press briefings or Brietbart-sponsored publicity stunts?

you dont hear about it because most people think its udder nonsense

#17590 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It really is shocking.
But hey let’s play some baseball!

i heard you wont get the virus as long as you sit in the bleachers

1 week later
#17813 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Thousands in the streets in every major city of the World. Seems like everybody is protesting something. Evidently the message of fear didn't get through. Supposed to be a Pandemic and people are doing exactly the opposite of what was recommended, gathering in large groups in close quarters.
What is this, the lemming effect? A subconscious desire to commit suicide? Or people have studied the danger and don't take it seriously? Perhaps they just don't care anymore.

could be as simple as their all fuckin stupid...

2 months later
#19880 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not judging anyone but my wife and I just drove past our local Perkins and the parking lot was about as full as it would have been on a weekend pre Covid.
It was pretty packed.

some people are just dying for a piece of their tasty pumpkin pie

3 months later
#21584 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

[quoted image]

i believe thats a photo of bangeray taken at a pinball life open house a few years back

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider belairjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=belairjoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.