272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

One of my school district administrators posted this during a meeting the other day and it helps put thing in perspective and so I thought I would share.
[quoted image]
It does not sound like enough businesses are following these right now...

I'm going to plant that graphic on my Facebook!

#6911 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

One take away from that chart is that the longer this goes on the more ridiculous China’s numbers look. It doesn’t help us moving forward, but one can only imagine how much lower the numbers would be throughout the rest of the world had they been honest, transparent, and supplied the rest of the world with accurate information as to what they were dealing with from the very beginning. Sure, every country most likely could have done things better, but the most egregious mistake was made by China and misled the entire world. Now is not the time, but China needs to be globally held accountable for their actions. Each individual country, including our own, will need to hold their respective governments accountable for any missteps as well. Once again, it doesn’t matter right now and moving forward in fighting this, unfortunately we are where we are, but God I wish China would have been truthful. We would be in a very different place right now as their negligence cost the world countless lives. This angers me to no extent...sorry for the rant...carry on...time to do some yardwork!

I have watched manufacturing exit America, for the most part.
Our dependence upon chinas manufacturing has landed us here. IMO
We have our own problems, but China. Freedom of speech for example. It is symbolic only- in China. I wish Chinese people the best in life but I must push for American manufacturing. Now. Money where my mouth is.

This cannot happen again. IMO.

#6912 3 years ago

Rant over

#7717 3 years ago

I sold this one in the mid 90s. The art in this is quite good. Phil parks I think.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#7946 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm of the mind that peoples memories are short and stubborn. Once this is all over, it won't take long for things to pick back up. I do think that there's going to be a side ways glance paranoia regarding people coughing or sneezing near anyone for some time.

I agree regarding amusement parks. I live very close to Disney and Knotts. You want to see a recovery just watch Disney. Right now I bet they are laying golden eggs.

Cedar fair will also, I believe recover easily I am putting my money right there I am a Knotts dweller. I used to go atleast once per week for rehab.

#7948 3 years ago

I talk to staff there like they are my family I realize.

I grew up going cedar point in the 80s. Then they bought Knotts out here in Cali where I migrated. I think I went every single year in the 80s decade. Atleast once per per year.

I digress.

1 week later
#9798 3 years ago

If I had

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The gum and cigs usually seem ok. The canned pork or whatever usually isn’t.

I found some rations somewhere in a relatives basement in the 80s. We opened them up then. Everything tasted horrible but we were satisfied with the experience.

We ate them in the woods while exploring. I was fairly poor so this was a treat.

#10024 3 years ago

My assumption initially before I looked was besides numbers being up because of the pandemic, this burial method is normally used.

3 weeks later
#13173 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

EDIT: Call your local IRS and SS office. They will get you fixed up.

I agree. This is what I would do.

5 months later
#19511 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would swear there is some kind of Orwellian fear that makes people want to block or prevent contract tracing because it might “identify and name” people and, being as litigious a society as we have become, fear they might be held liable if they are determined to be a “spreader”, including determining that a single person’s actions actually lead to someone’s death.
Maybe if we passed a law making contact tracing information ineligible for use as evidence in a civil or criminal trial, maybe people would not fear it and it could again be used as a tool to stop the spread. Just thinking out loud here...

I found myself thinking, What would Snowden say? (Having built tracing hardware at a high level.)

1 month later
#20570 3 years ago

I am excited about the vaccines becoming available.

We are really going to need to push hard to support the businesses we love. Such as arcades and pinball, as they begin to open.

I am also looking forward to concerts and knots berry farm opening again. Hanging tight. Waiting for this storm to pass more...

I want to go to a banning event asap.

Fortunately no one I know has been effected by Covid in a way that will last.

Thankfully because I know not everyone gets to say that.

#20644 3 years ago

I was walking around target shopping for a couple things and I just looked around and took it all in. The strangest Christmas I have ever experienced.

Glad to be alive, all the way around.

I have a desire to start a mask company in America. A new one. As things progress, this idea looks better and better.

Can you imagine if I could produce masks and some of them, but not all of them could be absolutely free.

I hope to make this happen someday. It's a dream that was created in the Covid crisis for me.

Digression over...

1 week later
#20772 3 years ago

Los Angeles area emergency capacity below 10% today.

Going to relax watch tv and play games for a couple days...

#20845 3 years ago

My city has decided to defy the outdoor eating restrictions and allow restaurants to open.

I'm not big on that... I'm staying home till after Christmas for the most part.

The vaccines are coming. I can wait a little longer.

I really wanted to go buy something shiny and new. But, I'm an adult. I can do this, we are in the home stretch!

#20860 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

That is messed up on the restaurants and hits close to home for me. My father and stepmother live in Fullerton and have been barely leaving the house since March. This certainly won't help.

The good news is that it is very safe right here in Fullerton. For your parents. Not to mention the hospital right here in Fullerton is brand new. Honestly I could not think of a better Place for your parents to live. Which reveals why I live here. I know the vaccines will make a serious dent in this. But of course time is needed. I look forward to next Christmas, and I am trying to enjoy this one...

1 week later
#21041 3 years ago

Here in Los Angeles, the emergency capacity is zero or almost zero. I was thinking about the medical ship that was parked in San Pedro earlier this year. You might remember a deranged truck driver tried to plow his vehicle into it.

So where is this ship when we so desperately need it right this very second? I think there are three such medical ships, but not here in Los Angeles. That was then. This is now.

I understand these ships can’t be everywhere. Could we get one, though? I think it is actually much worse here today than it was earlier this year.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2020/04/01/the-us-navys-hospital-ships-in-the-covid-19-fight-badly-need-replacing/

I don’t want to bang a doom and gloom drum. I anxiously await my vaccine.

1 month later
#21511 3 years ago

I got in a disagreement with my fiancée about not wearing masks inside establishments that require a mask in a sign on the door.

My stance is for everyone’s safety in those instances, wear the mask.

She disagreed. Slightly.

These arguments though, I could do without them. We all could.

I am irritated that the vaccine rollout is going to take all of 2021, It appears.

The urgency of saving lives is not apparent where I am standing. We really need it to be.

Rant over. Need to go kiss my fiancée.

2 weeks later
#21671 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Not waffle related but...
I know we've discussed Covid19 coming from a lab a few times and that it was thought to be more of a conspiracy theory. However, this was a pretty interesting 8 minute discussion about vaccine differences and "possibility/probability" that Covid19 was created in a lab or at least being studdied. Some of the reasoning is that the virus 1) Has a "Gain of Function" by jumping from animals 2) Jump from people to people 3) Mutating to a more deadlier (pathagenic) strain instead of getting milder like most viruses. All of which do not normally happen in nature without tweaking it. My only complaint is that the scientist gave his opinion of 90% that it came from a lab but didnt expand on it. Still, very very interesting.

You can look at the conversation on this guys podcast from the last year. I heard them toss the tailored theories in detail, which was carefully discussed, but now we have almost one year on that podcast and learnings.

Eric Weinstein is fairly interesting. He has had bad encounters with the accused child molester Epstein.

That is some interesting conversation from him.

I’m sorry I’ll digress and tell you briefly.

He met Epstein and called him a “construct”.

Later he was invited to his home or office with another intellectual.

He sat in the waiting room and discovered a camera hidden pointed directly at him in his chair.

Back on COVID
They discussed the impression that the virus might have been modified. Must have been April last year.

We will get to see who is right about modifications and chinas true involvement. It’s just going to take more time. The truth is hard to hide.

We will hear many hard truths in the next five years. But there will certainly be good things ahead.

Time will answer the questions. That and people uncovering them.

Peace!

-I had written this a few days ago and never hit send until now. It kept popping up.

#21672 3 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/who-investigator-claims-china-refused-to-hand-over-key-covid-information

The whole story is hidden, but unfolding. I am saddened by all the people who have died or will become sick. Truly.

1 month later
#22040 3 years ago

I don’t understand why we have not utilized the national guard to immunize large crowds.

We utilized them to handle civil unrest all last year. We can’t use them to save people?

This is an example of tripping over something bigger to me. But I digress...

#22058 3 years ago

Sunday for my first one now... Disneyland!

#22097 3 years ago

I got my first jab, yesterday. Moderna.

It went smooth and my arm only became sore later in the day. Possibly due to the thickness of that needle alone. I had a fight with my fiancée later, but I’m pretty sure I am just on the verge of crankiness in life now. (Stroke and 3 brain surgeries did that)

But I try to control my crankiness.

The effects of the shot were super minimal. In and out of the center. Very organized now. I hope California will lower restrictions on the vaccine soon.

Looking forward to pinball leagues and events later this year. The future so bright, we gotta wear shades!

#22098 3 years ago

Enthusiasm runs deep in me!

#22172 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

My sister died tonight. Covid beat the living shit out of her. I had posted the quote above 13 days ago. And since then it just ripped her apart. Hey, did you know Covid also can destroy your kidneys? So close to the end of this pandemic. We have a fucking vaccine, but we just couldn’t get it to people fast enough.
Whatever the hell you are doing to try to prevent catching Covid, do more. More than 1500 people died from Covid yesterday. Today, one died, and I couldn’t give a crap about how many others died today. She’s the second person close to me that has been killed by Covid. Fuck. And if you’re thinking of doing something dumb, just wait until we get more people vaccinated. Covid doesn’t give a shit about your rights to make your own decisions. Wear a fucking mask dipshit.

Truly very sorry for your loss.

#22217 2 years ago

One of my cousins is anti vaccine. I won’t argue with him. Not yet. In time we will discuss it, I’m sure.

A couple years from now.

#22218 2 years ago

The bottom line my doctor said everyone should get it. The vaccine. So I did.

He was given a chance to get the vaccine.

Sounds like words on a tombstone to me...

Not trying to be so grim. More pinball!

9E9DD26D-82AD-44B0-8346-E4B096743BFF (resized).jpeg9E9DD26D-82AD-44B0-8346-E4B096743BFF (resized).jpeg
#22219 2 years ago

You see that wiring pile? Dang. That gets me excited.

The harness you need might be in there.

#22252 2 years ago

In Michigan my cousin is hospitalized for COVID. He has been removed from icu, he was given oxygen but not put on a respirator. He has moved to stable out of icu yesterday. His father, my uncle mark played both Van Halen one and blizzard of oz for me the first time.

“Hey listen to these mike”. Headphones were handed to me. I proceeded to listen.

And the rest is history on those two albums.

4 weeks later
#22575 2 years ago

I got my second shot a few weeks ago now. Feeling fine so far. Very minimal effects for me.

Concerts in a few months... also my park, knotts. Scary farm, I know you are coming!

6 months later
#26918 2 years ago

One of my childhood friends passed away yesterday from COVID. He lived in another state. This news reached me this morning.

It is a sobering reminder of where I am today. (Where we are today.)
And then there were two.

Of the four of us who pretended we were kiss in the fifth grade only two of us remain.

The guy who died was always ace f. He is on the right.

E7C5DDA0-CF7B-4984-B00B-CB3C29BEE5E0 (resized).jpegE7C5DDA0-CF7B-4984-B00B-CB3C29BEE5E0 (resized).jpeg
#27018 2 years ago

I think I mentioned a childhood friend passed away about a week ago. It’s a chilling reminder we are not through it yet. He was in the hospital battling covid for a month and then died on his birthday.

Anyways I am hoping to verify vaccine Status, so at least I can report that fact.

I got a feeling he was immunized. My guess.

I will bounce back later regarding that I hope. just a chilling reminder.

1 week later
#27204 2 years ago

My friend who died a couple weeks ago, To the best of my knowledge was unvaccinated. He lives across the country from me.

So, he chose not to get the vaccination for one reason or another.

After a monthlong battle in the hospital with COVID, he died on his birthday. At 54 I believe.

I’m just throwing this out there because I have a really good other friend who is not getting the vaccine for one reason or another.

I don’t want to give my other friend a hard time and I have not -yet.

He is going to get this picture from me. I don’t want to give him a hard time, but I also don’t want to lose my friend. It’s going to be a one time conversation and hopefully brief.

Rock in a hard place, but this picture here. The friend was the guy on the right. I’m far left. Summer of 84.
D90F09AA-8187-4743-A75B-2BB3A7C375B2 (resized).jpegD90F09AA-8187-4743-A75B-2BB3A7C375B2 (resized).jpeg

Living large in the trailer park in 1984.

#27214 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I'm sorry for your loss.
I do think you're doing to right thing trying to convince your other friend for his sake. I hope he'll change his mind. And if he doesn't: don't let it ruin your friendship, even though his choice may be unlogical and you can't understand his choice at all. I don't think it's worth loosing a really good friendship over if he won't change his mind anyway.
Good luck.

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#27786 2 years ago

For better or worse. They have assumed control.

Mask mandates indoors begin again today in Orange County Ca.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/coronavirus/california-announces-mandatory-indoor-mask-mandate-despite-vaccination-status/2815877/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.