272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tubes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#40 4 years ago

Arguing about whether it's real or not will be construed as political bickering by the hidden enemy, eager to report.

#547 4 years ago

I'll speak to hydroxychloroquine if we want, or the chloro, or quinine, or whatever. People in Nigeria have been overdosing, taking it as a prophylactic. It costs about 4 cents per dose (widely available, malaria) there while it's over $5 per pill in the US.

#1067 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you'll get your answer in +/- 2 weeks... :/

Surely there's more miasma out there now than ever.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Question for ya doc:
Is it silly to sanitize mail/packages/grocery delivery? Is this virus clinging to objects as I’ve been hearing? How should one sanitize if yes?
Thank you.

Thing looks like a 3D Velcro® particle, I wouldn't put it past it.

#3427 4 years ago

Stifling information during WW1 led to neutral Spain appearing to have all the H1N1. Form a Thunderdome style separate forum requiring opt-in to enter. I won't shrink from words.

1 week later
#7908 3 years ago

Sat it out for 4400 posts, will I still be threatened 12 times with banning if I respond to the naked and aggressive political statements above? Last time was for pointing it out on page 1, pointing out political statements and hypocrisy is political.

Thought a separate thread was going to be made where people could respond to communists and anti-American statements? Didn't see it on the list of important topics. Otherwuse continue to say whatever you want on one side and mass report any who beat you in your flimsy arguments.

#7910 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Man the Queens speech this weekend made me very jealous that we don't have someone who could communicate like that here in the US. So calming...

Whatever country you're here spying for forgot to inculcate in you the necessity to always appear hostile to regency by divine right. You're supposed to be American, remember? Back to re-education, Agent.

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can you complain about a place where you are "threatened 12 times with banning" and still aren't banned?
Unless you are making a joke about INDISC?

Why is what I say banned but if the other side says it to weaken the nation they're applauded? Every time they think they weaken the nation, what is this prohibition

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Trying to figure out where you get 'weaken the nation' out of anything that's being said. From either side of the conversation. Sounds like rhetoric.

From anti drinking propaganda during prohibition

#7918 3 years ago

If I had a fat pile of hydroxychloroquine sulfate right now and a sensitive scales I'd cut out the best prophylactic and treatment doses...just to shine everyone on though. I'm immune as I've always maintained. Now they've got a test, I can button lips and sink some ships.

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can you complain about a place where you are "threatened 12 times with banning" and still aren't banned?
Unless you are making a joke about INDISC?

I'm saying look, pardner, I know it's fashionable to hate Trump, but it's not even close to as entertaining as Trump. It's just one side being all mad like the way they see things should be self-evident. When the other side isn't allowed to respond, that's all you get. Just a bunch of people finding unfunny ways to talk about the funny thing Trump just did.

So if politics is on let it be on so the other side can actually be funny. Or stuff the "orange man said x now" gobshite nonsense.

#7925 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Or, you can believe the experts, and not the guy pretending to be one. But, you do you.

Which expert? Dr. Drew got crucified for reporting everything accurately as it changed. Then Fauci changed the severity and Pinsky is in hiding with his family over death threats.

Now Fauci is gonna get done, backpedaling hard. Says we can't listen to models, no such thing as numbers.

#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

The first Covid-19 positive case in my city recovered thanks to that drug. I posted about it last week.

It's not even as effective as the non-hydroxygenated molecule that Trump also mentioned. He always knew this thing worked, he can read French when it's translated.

The genius is knowing how hard people will resist when it's so effective.

#7969 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

LOL. this is hilarious. I can assure it will not be for me

Come on now, fella, you'll always remember where you were, knee deep in the blood and the guts and the concrete dust when that travel ban came down, with coronavirus dancing in the air.

#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Think about this for a second....
a) China has the most advanced facial recognition systems and citizen surveillance systems, in the world.
b). The owner of Zoom is a Chinese billionaire.
c) every school in america is using Zoom because it is free
d) In a matter of a few weeks, Zoom has a screen shot of nearly every single American child that can be used for facial recognition and surveillance moving forward.
Now back to your regularly scheduled pinside red vs. blue circus....

And when the Chinese spies wanted to get the faces in a surprised look they knew what word to produce.

#8137 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Wow, I didn’t realize the stance he took and how very wrong he was. This is the kind of thing that will seriously jeopardize his TV career.
I tend to err on the side of caution in my career and in life. If I’m wrong about the trajectory of coronavirus and it’s LESS bad than I think it will be, great! Hundreds of thousands of people stay healthy. Hooray! If you’re cavalier about this thing and you’re wrong, especially if you are a media personality like Dr. Drew, then you have to live with the possibility that some people got sick or died because of your mistake. That’s a horrible thing to consider.

There's footage of Doctor Oz taken on a lot of the same days as the Dr. Drew footage, saying way crazier things. In one he's out on the streets and actually pointing to people wearing PPE and practically accusing them of witchcraft, as if they're all crazy, saying flu this and flu that (essentially saying the same things as Dr. Drew while making examples of those concerned to his vast Oprah-sized audience). I can get a link, Force slipped in on me. The footage is owned by TMZ.

#8158 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You bring up a good point.
Remember the anti homosexual sentiment that came with the spread of HIV?
I wonder how this is going to affect future church numbers when it become obvious their tithes or more needed then their lives.

Just point out that the first of the 4 horses is pestilence and wears a corona, then decode the beast as Caesar (government), point to the people who worship the state and have atheism as their religion, point to bat soup, fire everyone up, and pass the plate. Throw in some ID2020 vaccination chip for good measure.

#8188 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

A potential coronavirus vaccine funded by Bill Gates is set to begin testing in people, with the first patient expected to get it today
https://www.businessinsider.com/inovio-coronavirus-vaccine-trial-starts-in-philadelphia-kansas-city-2020-4?fbclid=IwAR1h63RfTTlErr7p33GbJDJzwzlg2ApMjRaK5gt1ARluul6FjVsyIF_Nk0M

While I was goofing around in response to the weird HIV comment above, nevertheless there is a huge religious hurdle to clear for people to accept such a thing. It's just like the Book of Apocalypse said, man wants to tag people's right hand and only with the mark will you be allowed to buy and sell. https://id2020.org/ ΧΞϛ

#8191 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I learned all about that from Iron Maiden's third album.

I rock the acoustic tune while I read the Apocalypse in the original Koine.

#8194 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

The Blaze....I suppose even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but I wouldn’t bet my life on anything they are selling without significant additional research.

Remember that The Fortean Times from the UK is a valid Wikipedia reference. This is where Karl Pilkington got his research about ghosts, aliens, and shadows wot push girls off their bikes.

#8199 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think were all hoping for the best and I was disappointed to find out today that Didier Raoult's study in France was not a control group. That's how I first became aware of it.
Do you have any sense of its success/failure rate in Texas?

I don't think it's medically ethical to have a hypothesis like "this drug can save the lives of the ill" and also have a control group.

#8203 3 years ago

Then it's immoral, and morality trumps ethics. 699 patients treated, 699 survived. You're arguing for him to withhold the treatment from some of those 699. Just so he can have answers that have more scientific validity? Science is an arbitrary construct. Ethics is more real, and morality certainly moreso.

#8206 3 years ago

What are you going to cite to prove me wrong, Snopes and their assertion that it can't be proven true at this time? Or the 100 credible articles I have to sort through to guess which ones you'll accept as credible—perhaps you'll cite the 9 out of 10 that you won't accept as part of your entrapment? Moral relativism for you.

#8208 3 years ago

What about people being their own moral compasses causing problems do you fail to see about a horde arguing that science is more important than saving lives?

#8210 3 years ago

No I will not fall into your trap, you'll have to get me banned for standing up against using people as medical experiments hoping they'll die to give you more accurate scientific numbers—not for posting Fake News.

#8219 3 years ago

I'm somewhat bound in the range of my response, but collectively I can use science to point to the correct term for ethical research referred to above being "research studies" (comparing data already gathered rather than doing potential harm in a time-critical situation), while in these circumstances having a control group cannot be ethical (and this is why there was none).

#8220 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

I understand that too, if one was infected and struggling with covid-19, who wouldn't want the kitchen sink thrown at it? There is a cost to that too though. With the infection rate is high as it is, the supply of that drug will dry up.The folks who need the drug that it has been proven effective for, malaria, lupus, and arthritis will be unable to get it. My biggest concern is that a resource is being spent where it will have a negligible effect but it's touted as a miracle drug, offering false hope while shortchanging others who will truly benefit from it. It already is happening.

The shortages are strange, this is a drug that's in such plentiful supply worldwide that it's over-the-counter in Africa and is 4 cents US per dose, or pack, or some form of unit there. The fish tank chemical proves it's able to be synthesized readily in large batches, and there's no patent restricting intellectual property. Pretty sure you can use chemicals from the hardware store to add an OH- functional group to the fish tank stuff, but they're watched by the DEA. That would be pretty funny actually, setting off that alarm and they find a guy in a trailer cooking up a big batch of malaria medicine.

#8222 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

You do not reply to me in PM, I will no longer reply to you in this forum.

What sort of ruse is this, once again I have to question these bait-and-switch tactics as you PMed me and I just got done responding. Will I now suffer consequence for explaining myself? For failing to read your mind while I was responding to the communication you initiated?

Since I was responding to an idea rather than a person, I'll further clarify that the malaria / lupus antiviral shortage seems more like a supply chain thing. Not seeing soap on the shelves doesn't mean it's hard to make soap.

#8224 3 years ago

Thank you for speaking to the importance of ethics over science, and showing how this is so, while my passions forced me to skip over to morality. There's a reason that the "mad scientist" who values scientific advances over ethics has been with us in art, film, literature, whatever, all the way back to Prometheus and his Modern counterpart—and a reason he's always the bad guy.

#8231 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Science is a process of finding correct answers. Nothing more, nothing less. It is not an arbitrary construct

Science, like history, is a lie agreed upon.

#8237 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

No, it's really not.
If you are trying to get from point A to point B theory wise, science is nothing more than the arrow between them. It's the logical mechanism you use to test hypothesis.

It's the same thing you're saying presented in a mysterious way. Science is a method, we made it up, it changes. One day you excavate Troy. One day you want 5 duplicated results instead of 3 to call something science. But the process of arguing is how the agreement forms, and in this our notions of science and history form.

#8454 3 years ago

The whole Navy situation has every single one of its parallels in Star Trek: The Next Generation. Captain Jellico, brash and usurping Picard for making an unencrypted emergency communication near the Neutral Zone. They cheer Picard as he's led off, and in aftermath Jellico's ways are discovered. It's like 5 episodes remixed into one of those military tribunal episodes.

#8540 3 years ago

I'll post a brand new clip from ABC News 7 in LA and everyone else can issue comment. Is this a reliable source? This doctor's tuned in to the body's zinc channels. "Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very very ill, and within 8 to 12 hours they were basically symptom-free…"

#8664 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

That’s the same guy someone posted from the Blaze. It’s the exact same article the Blaze cut and pasted. Again, if Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc cured 100% of people we’d be hearing about it from more than one ER guy in California.

Apologies, I didn't realize that the story I found independently on ABC television in live to tape video had been picked up later by a publication called The Blaze.

I'm sorry for misleading everyone. I withdraw from the echo chamber.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tubes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=Tubes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.