272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#459 4 years ago

I'd love to take off for a few weeks and fly fish as I highly doubt you'll get the virus from trout problem is its too friggin cold

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Read we need 3.5 billion masks and feds have “plans” to buy 500 million...soon?

why so many?

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

These 4 states getting hit hard.[quoted image]

California has $40M people spread over a very large state. Not sure 1300 cases (that they know of) would classify as getting hit hard....

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

NYC and Northern NJ is the highest density of population in country.
Glad they went to full lockdown in those states.

No doubt

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Glad you feel that way so you'll stay put. Good to know you're not only arrogant but a bigot as well.

u started it....I've lived in Utah for a year, and for the most part its a great place, but u can't deny that theres a large LDS influence, which is very different than other parts of the country.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

He is the one bragging about how great his state is while putting down smaller ones.
What I can tell you that some of our states are doing just fine on our own. If everything is so great there, why are so many moving to Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and all over the western US?

Because they cash out and live like Kings since the cost of living (mainly housing) is so much lower

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Tells you a lot, doesn't it? Despite the great weather and recreational options California is blessed with, long term residents and companies are still leaving the state in droves.

I think your a little confused....its simple math....u can sell your house in Cal for 3-5X what it would cost in Utah, AZ, NV....therefore u cash out, and retire in places like Utah, NV, and AZ.....personally I'm on the same program, but it will be Idaho (Jackson) in the summer, and AZ in the winter....

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I get it. Doesn't mean that we locals in other states like the cost of housing skyrocketing because of it. This is nothing new. It has been a common complaint throughout the western states for many years.
Most Californians are great. However, there is a subset of elitists that are leaving because of the taxes, etc but inexplicably want to bring the same ideas with them. That is where the disconnect and friction with long time residents
can start.

your not alone in that frustration. Its been happening here for 30 years

#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's definitely the apocalypse as I am watching our governor speak on a daily basis now.

which under most circumstances is very painful....

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For some reason it hasn't been as bad this last week.
Perhaps I just miss the old men telling me WWII stories while at work.

I agree....it was good that he took a pretty strong approach to all this madness....

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He has really stepped up.
And if nothing else good can come from all this, maybe when the dust settles, this country will have finally found a way to work as one.

love the optimism

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

sure, keep spinning it and denying the reality of 'why'. Anything to avoid the truth.

Its a fact....seems to me all the lefties are making this a political issue

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You're confused. He doesn't do facts.

Have u been drinking all day? I think your very confused ....

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This is rather scary...surely this will not be allowed to happen:
"Trump Weighs Easing Stay-at-Home Advice to Curb Economic Rout"
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/trump-weighs-easing-stay-at-home-advice-to-curb-economic-rout

Fake News

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow you came up with that yourself?
Super clever!

Just trying to balance out all your stupid comments

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's the ONLY place that I go for my news. Anything else is fake news!

No doubt Terry.....

#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I just hope that the 35M for the Kennedy Center made it in. That helps the poor!

Who said he's been sidelined? Let me guess, CNN.

He's not sidelined....fake news....good thing they got that $35M in there for the Kennedy Center...that will really help this mess were in

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is that the latest boogie man? You keep repeating it. Hard to keep up! Maybe focus on which people fought for workers in the bill...get ready for your mind to be baaahlooown.

come on even you have to admit that some of the asks on the other side had nothing to do with dealing with our economic problems. I also enjoyed the piece on the NY Governor....apparently he had the opportunity to buy 16000 respirators yet refused to allocate the funds yet somehow its Washington's problem....its crazy the spin people put on the facts. I'm just happy that Washington and these Governors (mine included) seem to be working well together to solve this problem....now all we need to do is get back to work by Easter

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

$35 Million for Kennedy Center?
Complete Joke. Look up how much that Board is paid. That's some wasted money right there.

couldn't agree more....its a total joke

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

I assume you don't know or have ever met people who work in the performing arts. Just so you are aware, most of the stagehands, designers, actors, etc are not earning huge salaries doing this work. They are not working and not earning at this time and since most are independent contractors they don't get unemployment.
Here is the bill text: 'funds provided in this Act shall be made available to cover operating expenses required to ensure the continuity of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and its affiliates, including for employee compensation and benefits, grants, contracts, payments for rent or utilities, fees for artists or performers'
The amount is a pittance compared to what is being handed out to major industries and much will go into protecting people who create art for living. I really don't see why this is making someone upset, unless I guess you just hate art?

I actually know quite a bit since I've raised a lot of money over the years supporting the arts....why was the Kennedy center spelled out in the bill? Why wouldn't they be treated like all other businesses in the country....no business is immune to these issues including the arts

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Because the US Government owns the Kennedy Center. It is the United States National Cultural Center.

Good point, but they shouldn't be treated any differently than private businesses....

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Conspiracy theory nonsense.
Why do you believe this stuff?
And, the idea that we can or should all be back at work by Easter is so ridiculous it doesn't deserve comment. Once again, we are being lied to and apparently half the country is eating it up. This is the most shameful period in recent American history.

I think u need a heavy dose of Hannity .... your right though....we should just shut down the world economy until nobody ever gets sick from this virus....brilliant theory....more people would die of poverty than the virus

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

An hour after our governor announced a stay in place order, 25 dumb fucks lined up outside a liquor store (in the pouring rain) that will not be closing during the order.[quoted image]

Well the good news is they were practicing social distancing

#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

NSFW because of language.
A good friend of mine has a 7 year old that's not allowed to have friends over. He keeps asking dad why his friends get to play outside together.

Well we have three kids at home (10, 12), and we've been in lockdown for two weeks.....its not easy, but mine seem to get it as they haven't complained at all. My biggest challenge is doing all the work of their teachers, and hoping they don't kill each other....the long term problem is my kids now say they would much rather be home schooled....ouch!

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ditto for the Chinese. Does anyone really believe a country of 1.4 billion where this originated and where a city of 10 million is considered medium size has only had 82,000 cases and under 4k deaths?
Their 2 months of hard quarantine of Hebei province definitely helped but increasingly I'm not believing anything their government is saying about this. I also think the numbers in terms of cases and deaths has been downplayed since the get go which is why we're seeing higher death rates in Europe and most other areas of the world so far.

zero chance their numbers are accurate....

#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

im over here already at 2 week lock down with my 9 year old twin grandkids..school closed until may15 ..i have no drugs or alcohol..im down to maybe 2lbs of mike and ikes to try to fend them off..the virus stopped by here late yesterday,took one look in the window at the chaos going on in here and left scared

Good luck with that .... I feel your pain....my 10 year old twins love Mike and Ikes

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You people screaming for a total shit down must not realize that some people with small businesses need to be open. If I’m not selling cars and taking payment I’m fucked. I’m staying open for business and this over rated flue be damned.

I don't even know what a "total shutdown" means....we've been shutdown except for essential services for almost two weeks, and the schools are shutdown the entire month of April (doubt they'll even reopen).... zero end in sight....

#3728 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, the way they are doing things, you won't. I was explaining why some of us are pushing for total shutdown - but even wishing for that requires some extra hoops that I don't think our leadership is willing to do. This limbo situation they've put people in, yes, that's going to hurt. I'm sorry to hear your situation though. Don't think I'm not. It sucks for everyone in that situation.
EDIT: actually supposedly the stimulus does have provisions for small businesses but I don't know the details.

How do you define a total shutdown?

#3745 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Cheesecake Factory took that into their own hands and said they weren't paying rent at any of their locations for April. Curious to see how that plays out.

Not well for Cheesecake factory.....I'm certainly not getting notices from my mortgage company saying "we realize your in lockdown so don't worry about paying us for a few months".... If I did I could survive in lockdown for years

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You completely missed the point...A COMPLETE SHUTDOWN IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! I’m not talking about the economy at all...I’m talking about the millions that have to work so we as humans can survive in this country.
Let me go slow for you as to what happens if we do this total shutdown you speak of and close the following...
Hospitals and those associated with healthcare - people die
Grocery stores - no food/people die
Pharmacies - no drugs/people die
Gas stations - no supply chain
Power plants - no electricity
Electric companies - same as above
Water companies - no running water/people die
Waste treatment facilities - disease/people die
Gas companies - no heat or fuel
Data/internet providers - collapse
Law enforcement - anarchy/people die
Fire fighters - people die
911 call centers - people die
Ambulance companies - people die
Financial institutions - collapse
Railroad workers - no supply chain
Truck drivers - no supply chain
Any job critical to the supply chain including warehouse operations and delivery - no goods
All branches of the military
and any job associated with maintaining our national security - terrorism/war/people die
The media - no information
My point was clearly made in post #3496...here it is again just for you...
Most of the above millions of workers finish their day of work and then go home or out to run essential errands, which continues to spread the virus. I AGREE 100% WE NEED TO KEEP AS MANY PEOPLE HOME AS POSSIBLE. This will slow the spread and help not overload our hospitals and health system. But to those that think a few weeks or even months of a lockdown will stop this are mistaken...this will spread throughout our nation regardless...we just want it to spread as slow as possible. Until a vaccine/cure is found this will have to run its course. Everything we can do no matter how insignificant it may seem will help “flatten the curve” and buy us more critical time to find effective treatment.
I’ve noticed you seem to follow me around and downvote me every chance you get...are you enjoying yourself? Do you get it now???

well said....theres no reasoning with that guy so don't even try....

#3897 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You mean this news source? I am not defending Trump at all. I get my news from a variety of sources. Do you?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/new-york-coronavirus-explainer/index.html

I think u know the answer to that

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I actually enjoy switching between CNN and Fox. CNN spends too much time trying to bash Trump (they have good reason to but it does grow tiresome) and Fox switches up their time constantly coming up with new narratives to Shift blame away from Trump. After weeks of downplaying this whole mess, once they realized that was no longer possible they shifted to blaming China and the governors and mayors and city councilmen, dog catcher, etc. who should have done a better job handling the matter. It’s quite entertaining. Occasionally some rebel on Fox will hint at a smidgen of blame, that possibly the Pres could have handled something better. Then Trump tweets that Fox has lost its way and isn’t the Great News outlet they used to be.

Its good to know u switch it up every now and then.....I won't debate politics as we both know where that will end.....the good news is you'll have another 4 years to complain

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

At this point, I wouldn’t mind if New York seceded from the union. Us New Yorkers would then live in a country with capable leadership, and where the majority actually rules.

I think u need to educate yourself on the definition of capable

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How much documentation do I need to provide from national media outlets (including those that skew left like The NY Times, CNN, etc) that Cuomo and Diblasio’s responses to the outbreak there were too slow before you can bring yourself to admit they are less than perfect? I get that NYC is the most densely populated metro area in the US but there is more to this situation then just that.
You’ll notice I haven’t criticized other state’s leadership like Governor Newsome in California, right? That is because they acted and took steps to mitigate spread in their states sooner. Last I checked, California is a pretty densely populated state too, no?

I can't stand Newsome, but I will commend him for taken action very early on....will it help who knows, but the guy did take action early unlike some states whose leadership loves to stand up and blame the federal government for all its problems.

#3987 4 years ago

At this point, I wouldn’t mind if New York seceded from the union. Us New Yorkers would then live in a country with capable leadership, and where the majority actually rules.

spoken like true and proud American.....

#4188 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Happy your eating healthy Odin peace out!

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

My 9 year old son is leaning how circuit boards work.[quoted image]

Those things are awesome...we have multiple kits, and the kids love them....they built a radio yesterday

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Per capita, every other major city would likely look as bad as NYC if they had NYC testing numbers. It’s ridiculous

Fake News

#4620 4 years ago

More like a carnival barker. That is all.

The good news is you get to listen to his barking for another 4 + years

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Have you even made one post on here that wasn't a political smear post? Sorry if I don't take you're posts seriously.

Its always political .... he's your typical guy who played second string on his high school football team, yet goes in every Monday morning bitching and complaining about all the play calls....

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The weather must have something to do with this. California, the fifth largest economy in the world, and in parts some of the most densely populated areas in the USA still has just over 5000 reported cases. And a lot of those are in the northern, wetter areas like San Francisco.
And although Mexico's president is now telling residents to stay home, they have hardly been hit at all.
I think this bug doesn't really care that much for warm, dry climate.

Its actually about even as 1800+ are LA county alone...

#4944 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Think how big and densely populated LA county is and all the incoming and outgoing tourists and commerce. More than most places in the world. It is also a melting pot of people from all the highly infected countries and everywhere else and they traveled back and forth as they pleased.
I say weather has something to do with it.

Totally understand... Bay Area is probably is probably as much of a melting pot due to all the tech. Possibly weather has something to do with it, but the weather isn't much different between so cal and nor cal

#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess what I'm saying is besides the fact we were the first to shut down, Ca's numbers are dramatically lower at this point in time than just about everywhere else with dense population.
If weather wasn't a factor, we should be one of the highest infected places in the world right now.

I don't know if it is or not....your original comment was the weather delta between Nor Cal and SoCal, and my response is the weather isn't much different....now the weather between the east coast and California is very different.

#5078 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They should stop making any promises at all. Serves the public good zero.

your fucking crazy....most Americans want hope...not sit around a room and blame everyone else for their problems....its the reason why the guy will be elected for another 4 years....

#6005 4 years ago

I have STFU, but I’ll never put down - or “put down” - NPR. One of the single best sources of news and entertainment EVER. Plenty of variety, good, honest reporting, and the best intentions for everyone. Listen to the Brian Lehrer show at 10am ET on WNBC (NYC) once (how about tomorrow morning?) and then tell me he’s bullshit. And while your at it, listen to the BBC news hour, which comes on right before him (same NPR station) at 9am ET. Every weekday.
This is how a lot of educated New Yorkers start their day. Informed, honest, empathetic coverage of the days events. No bluster and no bullshit. Try it. You might like it.

I just threw up

#6740 4 years ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

They don't cough here in Australia, they just spit on police

She's pissed....too bad the video didn't go on longer....she deserved what she had coming

#7279 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another voice of reason! Starting to? Lol
Lowe’s and Home Depot parking lots packed in my area
So are other “essential” service places
Highlight of the day was waiting in line at Chick F La for food. No masks or gloves for servers at drive through. Gave a nice tip as usual
God bless em

Amen ! I did the same thing

#7282 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

In SLC Utah. There are no masks available. There is no hand sanitizer. There are no lysol Wipes to buy anywhere. I have been to 10 different stores over the last 10 days. It doesn't change. I have no where to store large caches of food. I have to shop. Good thing the grocery stores provide Clorox wipes at the carts. I'm just betting on the viral load theory ....a little here, a little there...

your 4 weeks behind the Bay Area ...

#7407 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:Getting groceries is irresponsible? How about going to Lowe's when you don't have to and possibly continuing to spread this virus? That's not irresponsible?
Your logic is a little flawed.

How do you know they don't have to get a part to fix something in their house, because something broke in their house and nobody is available to fix....I don't get the "end of the world mentality people have" I get being smart about it, but theres a point where it all gets ridiculous

#7418 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry TFA but your world view ain’t gonna happen brother

No doubt

#7420 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For what, an opinion that you don’t like?
Hope and optimism?

Havent u figured out that many on this thread don't like hope and optimism...they would rather stay home and watch CNN and listen to NPR all day....

#7436 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Man I’m just trying to overcome the wall of worry and chaos with some simple truth and economic reality.
It’s all gonna be good
People are gonna die. Maybe I’m predisposed to death because I plan for it with my clients every day. And I go to plenty of client funerals every year. The kids and grandkids carry on the legacy
Have a little faith people

They don't want to hear it...more people will die from poverty, stress, and suicide if we don't get back to work soon....

#7443 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What's it been 3 weeks? In the same vein of 'let those at risk be the ones inconvenienced', then maybe I say 'let those who aren't financially responsible be on their own'. People can't survive 2-3 weeks w/o money? Why should everyone else be at risk because you don't know how to save money?
/note I don't agree with this thought process on either side - just pointing out the hypocrisy.

All good if u don't agree....if 3 weeks ends up being 8-12 weeks we will have much bigger problems....

#7460 4 years ago

The good news is I bought a new pinball machine last week, and its awesome....picked it up on Monday (without a mask), and drove it home

#7466 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why are you still touting numbers as if they prove your point? Remember last month when the number was 1 and you said the same thing? The number of people clogging the hospitals is dwarfing that number and I would like to think it's the work of the healthcare professionals and the shutdowns that have kept the number of deaths lower than they may have been. Will we actually know for sure? Maybe not, but I suppose that doesn't matter to you.

Its certainly not happening in the Bay Area...I took the kids to the doc the other day, and it was empty....

#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's good for that community. Not everywhere is in the same boat.

Its a really big community in case your not aware ... my point is aside from NYC its not doom and gloom every where....

#7477 4 years ago

kquote cite="#5576095">You don't have your location on so dont know where you are. I'm just saying even in places where people aren't dying left and right the hospitals are pretty busy.

I'm in the Bay Area....heart of silicon valley...maybe theres a slight uptick due to all the paranoia, but thats about it...

#7518 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What did you get?

A really nice IJ

#7519 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

That game wouldn't be permitted in my house

#7582 4 years ago

Brilliant post. These people should look in the mirror and ask themselves “who the fuck are you?”. Because they’ve never thought these things before!

#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trust me TFA, i'm not paying attention to a thing you are saying. I keep you around for the Avatar!
Now i'm heading off to see if Nyrobi survived being shot.
Stay safe in NYC

Yep....he spews BS all day long....one would question if he's even American as he acts like he's from a communist country

#9202 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Totally correct and we need to cut all ties with them and guess what? If we were to cut ties with them and not trade with them I would lose my job but I'm ok with that also. I say make it happen!

Hope what this does is bring back a shit ton of jobs and manufacturing to the USA. Our leaders have been saying this for years, and maybe this tragedy provides the tools and the political will to make it happen.

#9213 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes we would be in much better shape.

yep....hopefully some good comes from all of this....I have faith

#9232 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

The issue is "maximizing shareholder value" and "CEO compensation" drove it all there.
I just turned 43. Yet even I can still remember a time when:
Toys
TVs
Shoes
Bicycles
Textiles
Lawnmowers
Books
Tools
Car parts
Furniture
Baby gear
Useless decorative shit
Everyday sports equipment
*medicine of all things*
And more
Was commonly and easily found "Made in the USA" without effort. Like, Kmart and Walmart and walgreens and Lowes and sears all had shelves piled high with American output. And it wasn't all that long ago!
But now MIUSA is all boutique, artisan, and holy grail effort. Mass retail is populated by entire stores that wouldn't know American Made if a bald eagle shat ammunition on their (made in China) door steps.
It didn't have to be that way. And just as easily as it was all shipped there to chase profit by teaching a nation of know-nothings how to work for slave wages, the knowledge and ability and tooling could transfer back here.
Well, if not for profits, and environments, and whatever the excuses will be. Got a 401K? Then make sure those profits are maximized against your own best interest...

yep...I'd rather pay a premium and buy products made in the USA.....the good news is most pinball games, and all my fly fishing gear is made in the USA so was my boat that I just bought

#9431 4 years ago

curious with all the stuff going on in NY why the Governor just now decided to close the schools for the year?....in California that decision was made weeks ago

#9433 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Curious why it matters. Schools have already been closed for almost a month so kind of irrelevant.

It matters a lot if you have children at home and u need to plan for now having to home school your kids ... its a big deal

#9437 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody in new York was already planning on this.
Seriously, this is a total non-issue and a million times away from “a big deal.”
I’m guessing you are watching a cable news channel this morning that is trying to score points off of this?

clearly you don't have kids at home....I watch a news channel that presents the facts, and not ones that want to politicize everything....

#9441 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Clearly your news source doesn’t know the difference between the mayor and the governor?

I don't want to get into a political debate with u....I already know we have polar opposite beliefs, which is fine. The good news on my end is we get another 4 years come November

#9442 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Sooo... BBC?

No just MSNBC, CNN, and NPR.....only the best

#9847 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I understand exactly what you said, I was disagreeing with you. I don't think anyone has a lack of appreciation for China's role in this. I'm mad as hell about it too. But IMO focusing on it is a distraction - don't take the bait and believe me, people are being baited with this. To what end should it be discussed right now? What do we gain from it? It is our government's role to handle the response when it's an appropriate time and I am sure they will.
I hope there is a multi-pronged approach to the China problem as the current crisis abates. Taking our supply chain more seriously, being willing to pay more for some things - labor and products - in exchange for security and fairness. More money spent on CDC, NIH, reform at WHO with our input because our dollars will support it. Pulling some manufacturing back to the US from China where feasible and more collaboration with our allied countries where it is not. How about some changes in how healthcare is distributed? Looks like our employer based system was exposed a bit during this crisis. Maybe some independence for the CDC so they can make the nation aware of issues without external pressure concerns. A complete rethink of the FDA to CDC feedback loop and early preparedness. Lot's of change could and should come from this when the time is right. It's a little early for all this at the moment.
We have emergent issues in our country and discussing them critically will materially affect our current situation. We have much to gain now from letting our
leaders know what has been scratched and what still itches - that is why talk about anti body testing, active virus testing deficits, lack of PPE, social distancing, protecting our essential workers, (realizing who our essential workers are!), whether, when, and how we return to work, and all of those other important issues need to be on the news and discussed robustly.
I don't think this was a political post, but willing to take my medicine if it comes off as such.

Our current leadership has been saying this for years....so my sincere hope is this brings back thousands of jobs back to the USA. This pandemic is what it is, but if you don't learn by your mistakes than its all for nothing...If I had my way all (or at least a large percentage) of essential medical equipment, drugs, etc would be brought back to the States, and the Feds should support this change by providing what ever tax incentives possible.

#9850 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Congress was advised in 2014 that we need to prepare for the possibility of a pandemic happening. I don't know why Congress did not act.

Its easy to go back and throw darts, but the reality is there were a million other fires they were trying to put out.....all we can do now is plan better for the future and be bettered prepared. This will happen again at some point.

#9864 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

How refreshing to see an intelligent, eloquent, decent president again after what we’ve had to endure the last four years!

intelligent - Yes, Eloquent - Yes, Decent President - Absolutely NOT

#10676 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol. You don't owe me an explanation K! I eat downvotes for breakfast!
Pissing off conservatives has been my life's work!

All you bleeding heart liberals are the same...I only have one thing to say "Make America Great Again"

#10930 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't need to excuse your common sense, many have lost theirs and will be afraid of their shadow for along time.

Well said

#10999 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

You’re right. Fox News is bullshit, not news.

Whats news in your world? CNN, NPR?

#11046 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I disagree. While I like diversity of thought and in the earlier days watched some stuff on youtube, there are too many news caster wannabe's trying to make a name for theirselves. I don't do Facebook but put FB in with the YT crowd. All you need is a web cam and a backdrop and ---POOF---you are newscaster. Any body can be one.
Now the questions is: How do you vet these people? What is their agenda? I'll leave you with Alex Jones and the line of trash he tries to peddle.

Your right...most are on on CNN, MSNBC, or they sound off on the garbage NPR puts out....and for the record I'm not a fan of Alex Jones

#11055 4 years ago

Oh hear we go....all the bleeding heart liberals going to town complaining about something....maybe u should all make some signs up, organize a rally down town, and break some windows while complaining about our current administration.....real productive....

#11128 4 years ago

From our fearless leader "Make American Great Again".... bring back all these jobs to the good old USA....I have zero issues if I have to pay more....

1 week later
#12404 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

The state of Mississippi went from "Stay at Home" to "Safer at Home" status today.
What that means is that I still can't get a hair cut, among other things, and it is starting to get out of control.
I guess I will have to procrastinate on a hair cut for another 2 weeks.

Thats great....I wish our shitty Governor would pull that trigger sooner than later....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.