272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18932 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

My sister is a nurse on a floor with COVID patients. I hope 9 months was enough time to ramp up production on N95 masks!?
I can't order them online, but I did get some Korean K95 ones. Hope they aren't counterfeit...
I have tried to purchase Lysol wipes unsuccessfully for the past 9 months. Anyone have any luck? Are people using them as toilet paper?!

Im pretty sure my wife signed up for auto subscription delivery on Amazon for wipes so once in stock they auto ship.

4 weeks later
#19796 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a story on Florida.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/politics/atlas-desantis-testing-covid-florida/index.html
As Ive mentioned, testing and numbers are politically lowered.
It is as much for Disney, tourism, as it is to get Seniors out to vote, as the State has Plenty, and making them scared,
and afraid is a platform.
The Hospitals are more full than ever, I hear from 5 family, and many friends working there.
Disney is a mess, only from the employee perspective. Media and guests dont hear about it.
And teachers, well we hear everyday from family, and a teacher here or there out with the virus is an everyday event,
with individual schools closing one or two a week in Orange county. Some should have closed, and teachers, well many are scared, and exhausted already. Minimal learning, regardless of method. Kids feel the stress too.
How are those with children in school handling all this by you?
Are you getting good info in your state?
Its as rough as everywhere else, in Florida, but reducing testing, hiding info, creating false info, all for one persons political gain
is doing no service to the well being of the state.
Its as if the only thing important is the worship of money.

My school district is reporting covid cases almost daily now, 7 reports in last few days. They have been shady alittle not telling us parents until up to week after positive tests and have quarantined class rooms but not shut down. Our school district decided to start a online full curriculum live sessions to not lose $22k of funding per student and has about 1200 students doing that out of 3700 total kids in district so some of it is money related. My kids are still considered part of the district and when we decide its safe enough they can go to the actual school buildings anyday we decide which is nice. So for my kids schools been great and my older one has excelled in this environment saying he doesnt want to go back and my kindergartener is reading already so its working out great with the teachers being very good overall with the situation and without the fear of getting sick or having to wear a mask at school all day.

4 months later
#21902 3 years ago

My Uncle died from Covid tismorning. Got it at Church and ended up getting pneumonia that did him in. Fuck Covid!

#21909 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sorry for your loss, that is terrible.

Quoted from hAbO:

My condolences to you and your family phbooms

Quoted from DaveH:

Sorry for your loss. I agree, Fuck Covid.

Quoted from Gunnut40:

Sorry man. Sucks!

Thanks fellas! We werent close but my Moms torn up about it. Closes to home though with this pandemic shit. Just shows you can be healthy 1 day and dead the next with this virus. Stay safe everybody!

#21937 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Mask requirement still in force here. Had to hire an electrician to fix a problem I couldn’t figure out myself. Hired the guy who I have used before and happens to have a daughter that had a few playdates with my daughter before covid.
He shows up, no mask. Says he doesn’t feel he is a threat to others and the masks interfere with his work. I voice concern and ask if he could at least wear a mask when interacting with me. He tells me his policy is no mask period and if I don’t like it I can just hire someone else.
His tone was confrontational.
Needless to say I hired someone else.
Future playdate, (who knows when and assuming my daughter is still interested), is gonna be awkward.

Way to stand your ground! Respect is becoming rare these days. I have alot of friends that show how much they respect my position when i see them and i appreciate them even more for it.

1 month later
#22279 3 years ago

Getting my Pfizer 1st shot today, YEAH!!!

2 weeks later
#22520 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I haven’t heard of transmission of the virus outdoors. Is there record of this anywhere?

Its alot less likely but can happen. https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55680305

1 week later
#22678 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Is it just me or does it seem that the same people are:
1. Anti-mask
2. Anti-vaccine
3. Screaming to reopen everything.
As Dr. Evil would say "throw me a fricken bone here".

I have a few questions id like to hear what you think please.

You work at a hospital correct? How many(not really looking for a specific #) fully vaccinated nurses/doctors have taken home covid with them and got there unvaccinated family sick? Is that even possible?

Do you happen to have any idea when the vaccine will be available for 6-12yr olds?(my wife is asking this one)

Also im concerned about my dogs being around unvaccinated people, should i be worried about them getting covid?

#22725 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Honest question. Most people say a sore arm is the worst side effect of the vaccine. I notice on tv the vaccine is being given into peoples left arm; I assume this is so that their dominant arm is unaffected.
I’m left handed, should I get the vaccine in my right arm, does it matter? If my arm is sore for a day, I’d prefer it to be the one I don’t use.

Right arm first shot, left arm second shot and im left handed. Both hurt next day but the first shot hurt longer. She went alittle lower and into the curve of my shoulder muscle(other hobby is weightlifting) on the second shot and had me dangle my arm where the first shot in right arm my arm was bent on my lap. Not sure if any of that means anything just figured id say it.

2 weeks later
#22982 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It is really different here in Ontario I think compared to most of the states. My daughter's high school graduation is a drive thru and grad pictures are one person at a time, scheduled over several days. There are no gatherings at the school, etc. They have been doing online classes since December. It's too bad for teenagers as they have missed a big part of their lives being stuck at home for 1.5 years. But that is the current situation.
Compared to my step sister's daughter who just graduated from elementary school last week in Indiana, the auditorium is full of people, no social distancing and no masks in sight. The town I live in, everyone still wears masks outside and you cannot enter a store without a mask on. All of the malls are also still closed until June 2nd and no eat-in dining at restaurants.
Although in the US a larger percentage of the population has had their second vaccine, in Ontario, we have still had 13 deaths of individuals that had both shots (and after the two week waiting period) and 65 deaths of individuals that had their first shot (and after the two week waiting period). So even with both shots, people continue to get sick and die, but at a much lesser rate. Unfortunately, COVID is here to stay.

Can you provide a link to this info because when i looked it up there was 14 total deaths yesterday in Ontario and no word on if they were vaccinated. I find it highly unlikely they were all vaccinated with 4% being total vaccinated in your area. Every link i find says same amount of deaths but not a single one says they were vaccinated so I just want to get the facts straight so if you have a link to back up your claim id like to read it. Ive been keeping a close eye on the death rate of fully vaccinated so if true Id like to know the facts.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/05/28/ontario-is-reporting-1273-new-covid-19-cases-14-deaths.html

#23005 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Except that was known before you were hired, and the shots were already FDA approved, not emergency authorized.
Also, to my understanding, the shot doesn't necessarily stop you from "passing this stuff around ", nor acquiring it. NY Yankees anyone?

Actually the Yankees getting covid was good sign from what i understand for the type of vaccine they had.They all got the Johnson & Johnson shot and all except 1 were asymptomatic which is exactly what that shot is suppose to do. I feel the J&J is the worst option out of all 3 that we have available here in US but at least its keeping people from getting hospitalized. The double shots, specificly the Pfizer and Moderna are suppose to help with the "passing this stuff around" part of the problem.

Once the official approval happens is when things are going to get messy. Military i could see all being required to be vaccinated. Sick soldiers put the country in a weakened position is what they will say. Imagine a battleship with Covid running rampant full of sick soldiers vs a battleship fully vaccinated.

If im wrong please correct me because I hate the spread of misinformation.

3 weeks later
#23259 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

This article is scary as hell.......until you read it.

Yeah its full of misleading info with info worded to deceive like the 13 people that died vaccinated but.....before the 2 week inoculation of the second shot. Some cant help but bend or warp the words to fit there agenda, I cant stand that!

#23266 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sorry, it was the best I could find for Canada. Not sure how you concluded they were before the 2 week waiting period? Clearer stats from the CDC with 549 (671-122) deaths of fully vaccinated individuals.[quoted image]

No worries man i get your just trying to grasp the situation and make sense of the it all and have fears of where this vaccine/covid is heading, we all do. The link you posted was the same info you posted a link of before a few weeks ago is how i knew about the 13 cases. Go back and reread the original link and it says those 13 that you have brought up two times now says before the 2 weeks inoculation after 2nd shot.

The new info you posted about USA where hundreds million plus have been vaccinated more then Canada there will be breakthrough cases since the 2 shot vaccines are only 90-95% effective plus the J&J vaccine makes the overall numbers messed up because as far as i can tell you still can get sick with that shot just not as badly sick usually. So 144 million fully vaccinated and 549 have died from Covid out of that 144 million is what that CDC link says, or .00038% death rate of fully vaccinated. Thats some pretty good odds if you ask me!!!!

1 week later
#23361 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I still don’t get why vaccinated people care whether someone chooses to get the vaccine or not. If you have the vaccine you are all set. No need to worry. Live your life

Because some of us have kids under 12 that arent vaccinated that are at risk from the unvaccinated is why i care. Otherwise its there choice once vaccines are available for all ages.

#23396 2 years ago

Next time one of you old farts get heart surgery ask for the surgeons to not wear masks since you heard they dont help anyways. Might as well tell the doctors to take a shit and not wash there hands either before your surgery while your at it just to keep everything kosher...lol!

This post is not directed at anybody im just kidding around or am I?

#23444 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh yeah, this has been talked before. You Tube took advantage of everybody being home with Covid and too much time on their hands and started Turing on the advertisements.
It now feels like You Tube has fully morphed itself into another network TV channel. The commercials are really coming on heavy.
It is a contest to see how many commercials I will choke on before I decide to subscribe. Trouble is is that YT really has not very much I would subscribe for.

Havent seen a ad on youtube in few years, best $12 i spent that i didnt want to ever. Youtube premium is way worth the money especially with 2 boys that love youtube and i use it alot myself.

#23498 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Trusting the public to be sensible after Covid laws are abolished on 19th July... It might happen [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WHAT in the F is that!! The only woman i see is the old lady with the giant bush, lol! Was it sausage fest day there or what?

#23537 2 years ago

Really what would change the entire ball game would be a covid variant that killed more people but the vaccinated didnt get it, like 25% or more death rate. Its probabably the only thing that will actually get the anitvaxxers to get vaccinated unfortunately. Its highly possible this could happen if we dont get a better hold of this covid as variants keep getting stronger.

#23573 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

" Yankees’ Shutdown Emphasizes Staying Power of the Coronavirus"
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/15/sports/baseball/yankees-coronavirus.html
“ We’re in a very fluid situation right now,” Cashman said. “The vaccines that we encourage everybody to get guarantee not getting hospitalized and not getting death coming from Covid, which is important, but it doesn’t prevent you from contracting Covid; it prevents you from the severe, worst-case-scenario effects of Covid. We’re thankful that we’re vaccinated in most cases — not all cases — and therefore we’re ultimately protected.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I realized at the time I got the vaccine that I could still made ill by Covid. It is just that Covid is no longer a possible death sentence for me.

The Yankees got the Johnson and Johnson shot which to me personally is the worst option just for the fact that it doesnt stop the spread at all just protects the individual from seriously getting sick. Honeslty i feel they should send J&J shot to 3rd world countries with poor health care systems or completely get rid of the j&j vaccine since its not stopping the spread. I understand there is some break through cases with the 2 shot vaccines but from what i can tell it does stop the spread of covid also in most cases which is what we need before a more deadly variant that can break through all vaccines forms and then were all back to square one.

Were 2 weeks past 4th of july now and look at the surge in cases. How can people not read the writing on the wall. I can relate being scared of a fully untested vaccine but is it worth the risk of human life as we know it to not get the vaccine and possibly have the death variant form? I truly feel were headed in the wrong direction once again just when i thought we were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Its peoples choice if they want the vaccine which i try my hardest to respect but to go out and not wear a mask when your unvaccinated in large groups is happening to much and things are only going to get worse for now i feel. Lets all hope for the best but i cant help but expect the worst at this point. Im sorry for being all doom and gloom but something needs to change, i want my kids to live a normal life and I fear for there futures and really everybodys future.

2 weeks later
#23943 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Don’t forget Lollapalooza in Chicago!
[quoted image]

I heard they required vax card or a recent negative test but my god that looks like a cesspool of idiots asking to get sick. They turned away 600 people without the paper work they needed. Hope they all had fun though and not to much virus spreading.

#23958 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This is becoming the standard in all the music venues here, you are required to show a vax card or photo of it that matches your picture ID or a negative result from a Covid test within the last 48 hours. I think this is a minimum thing music venues can do to make their spaces feel safer.
At least that Lolapalooza show was outside, it's very rare when the virus is transferred outside, add to that everyone being vaccinated, and that's a lot safer then going unmasked inside a pinball show or a busy bar or restaurant where there is no vax requirement and everyone is breathing the same air.

I skipped our biggest local show(pinfest) this year just for this reason.

I cant believe what Im seeing across the country like Covid is over. Im a wrestling fan so its pretty much only thing I watch that has crowds and seeing all those people in a indoor stadium with like 1% masked drives me nuts but nothing I can do about it but stay home and keep my family safe. I have 2 boys under 12 and now the schools not requiring masks and not giving live online option is really bothering me. Why would they put children that cant get vaccinated at the most risk possible with zero masks makes NO sense to me. Oh yeah freedom of rights blah blah blah, i just dont care about bullshit propaganda political freedom crap as much as my kids being healthy. All schools should mask up or I for see lots of kids sick and falling behind academically. Wonder which school district will be the first to get sued for kids dying from going to there school that was against masking or teachers dying thinking they cant get sick from Covid cause there vaccinated. Its about to get real here as soon as all the schools are in session with no masks unless schools step up and protect the reason there even there,,,children that count on us as adults to protect them!

Rant over...sorry just annoyed about putting kids at risk when masks proved they worked last school year.

#24247 2 years ago

Even before Covid when you had/have any kind of surgery or visit the Dentist do/did they wear a mask? Why is that?

#24363 2 years ago

With all the schools opening with no masks and kids under 12 with no vaccines we will all see how this plays out very soon. How many 5-10 yr olds do you know that dont pick there nose? Its going to spread like the wildfires out west, completely out of control with no mask school policy's in effect across alot of the country.

Kids might not being dying from Covid but the long term effects is the unknown and I personally do not want to risk my childrens future health. Also with 4k students in my school district and no masks imagine the outbreaks and the spreading of the virus to there family and how it will spread it even more in the community just going out to get groceries all before even showing symptoms. Its unbelievable that there not protecting our children with a nation wide mask mandate for the under 12 yr old students at the very least since they dont have a choice but go to school and get bullied for wearing a mask because we all know the loudest in the room is the anti everything parents and that is how there kids will act also.

#24420 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

That has nothing to do with my original point. The vaccine does nothing to stop the spread that's why vaccinated have to wear masks again.
I'm glad its preventing death and major illness but it's not doing anything to stop the spread and possibly making things worse if they have higher levels of spike proteins than unvaccinated and now asymptomatic.
https://www.visiontimes.com/2021/08/02/vaccinated-just-as-likely-to-be-infected-as-unvaccinated.html

From your article link it says this;

“So we know now that vaccinated people who get breakthrough infections can spread the virus to other people,” Fauci continued. “But the mean, the– the sort of average or mean level of virus in the nasopharynx is really quite similar, almost identical on an average. So you would think, obviously, when you have biological variability, you’re going to have some people high, some people low, some people in the middle. But the median or mean is going to be right there, which is very similar to the unvaccinated individual, which is troublesome, which tells you the potential for transmission is there,” he said.

So dont act like everybody vaccinated is spreading the virus because that is not what your link says. Now what is conflicting is how many breakthrough infections are happening. The data is all over the place. One place says 1% of vaccinated then the next will show .008% then another will be 17% so until that data is accurate we wont really know how many breakthrough infected people will be out spreading the virus. To say the vaccine does nothing in stopping the spread is a false narrative.

#24615 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well let’s see if we can ascertain some truth about it. A highly contagious respiratory virus is actively getting people sick. We have a miraculous vaccine that does very well, and gives you a much better outcome if you catch this virus. We unfortunately have a variant that has about 1000 times the viral load, which makes the vaccinated able to spread it if they catch it. Masks (physical barriers) used correctly help a lot. If you wear one, you’re less likely to get sick. If everybody wears one, everyone is less likely to get sick. If you are around someone who has this virus for a long time in an enclosed space, you will catch it, mask or not. Distance makes it harder to spread. Not being around people makes it even harder to spread. It can be asymptotic, or can make you sick, very sick, or kill you. It’s a good idea to do everything you can to not catch it. The only person you can rely on to protect you is you.
Well that wasn’t hard at all. In fact, it was almost simple. It seems that this highly contagious virus acts just like a contagious virus.

That is the best summary ive ever read about whats going on. Thank you!

I am a big Arnold fan and he really hit it out of the park on this recent interview.

#24683 2 years ago

Life after Delta?

I've been wondering what life will be like after Delta peaks probably after Christmas towards beginning of summer similar to Alpha did if not sooner because of how fast the Delta spreads? When you look at other countries and their daily cases with Delta and how the Alpha variant came in waves up until its major peak around Christmas will Delta run its course also? If all the vaccinated, breakthrough vaccinated, and unvaccinated that get covid get to a certain percentage can Delta have no place to go and go away like Alpha was looking like it was about to before Delta came along?

Our biggest hope can be no variant comes along that is worse then Delta(I do know of the Lambda but not sure if its worse) and a variant forms that's weaker similar to what happen with the 1918 flu and how its still found in the make up of the flu today but much weaker. Can covid become like the common cold eventually?

Hypothetically if Delta never came along would we have won this battle?

Also to all that say I'm not getting vaccinated or go get vaccinated we are all in this together like one big science experiment whether you like it or not were all part of the statistics one way or the other.

1 week later
#25101 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I do agree that COVID will become endemic. It has spread across the globe and the cat is out of the bag so to speak.
Here’s the thing. Understand that 4 of the 7 known corona viruses are endemic. They cause the common cold. SARS and MERS did not become endemic because they caused severe symptoms early and it was then easier to isolate the cases to prevent spread. COVID-19 can transmit easily for several days before symptoms appear.
So, that makes COVID-19 a likely candidate to become endemic (seasonal) like the 4 other corona viruses that are seasonal.
Here’s the thing, COVID-19 will likely eventually end up as a common cold. The real question is how do we limit the mortality until that time? If you look at other corona viruses we see immune responses to those with IgG which means that is a memory response, almost everyone has seen those before. Most people get exposed initially as children and don’t have severe symptoms as a child. Those adults who have the IgG antibodies have less symptoms but can still be infected and transmit the common cold (sound familiar? It should).
The idea of vaccination is to limit the amount of severe disease and death while we wait for our collective immune systems to get up to speed on this new corona virus. Once that happens (probably a year or more down the road) we will still have COVID around and may still need a yearly booster shot but you shouldn’t see as much mortality and hospitalization because most of the population will have seen it by then.
That’s of course assuming some super lethal variant doesn’t come along in the meantime.

This is exactly what I posted not long ago. I based it on how Alpha went and now Delta curves and past history of pandemics. So as long as a new doomsday variant doesn't come along eventually this will become endemic. Thanks for posting I appreciate your scientific factual no nonsense approach as do others!

#25188 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

What I do find strange in the graph, is that ONLY the hesitancy is shown. So if:
- 20.8% of High Scholers are hesitant, 25% are sure not to take the vaccine and the rest wants to be vaccinated and
- 23.9% of PHDs is hesitant, 4% are sure not to get vaccinated and the rest wants to be vaccinated, we will get this graph.
Sure I made the other-percentages up, but it shows how easy it is to manipulate outcomes to form an image that's not really showing the right picture.
All PHDs that I know myself, have been vaccinated. It could even be that PHDs are more hesitant about everything, for they think things through (we don't know how the question about hesitancy was asked).

That graph is misleading if you actually go to it and look at the amount of people they surveyed in each category also. They used 20k people and they were not equally asked per category, in other words alot more people per category were asked then the PHDs. They might of only asked 100 PHDs but 2500 in other categories. As usual take what you hear or read with a grain of salt since there is so much misinformation out there to push agendas not facts or they leave out all the information to mislead people to create headlines and fake agenda news.

Heres a good one I got a kick out of...

2 months later
#27224 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I know most of you guys don’t read medical journals but there is no way you guys can keep parroting that “these are safe vaccines”.
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712
“We conclude that the mRNA vaccines dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination.”
Why the downvotes?

Is this the same author of your link?

https://www.gripeo.com/dr-steven-gundry/

#27358 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Been putting off the booster as everybody I know has been knocked on their ass by it.
But I don't want to be booster shamed!!! How long do you think until the booster shaming starts? We still got a few months, right?

Pfizer booster was the easiest of all 3 shots so far. Arm hurt alittle first day then nothing back to normal. No side effects at all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=Phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.