272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

385 posts in this topic match your search for posts by OLDPINGUY. You are on page 1 of 2.
#41 4 years ago

From one of my Oldest Vendors this morning....

now do you need the face masks?
we can ship you some face masks,usd750 for 1000pcs, 3-5days delivery..
any reply will be highly appreciated..

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

If that is significantly higher priced than normal you should report them; people are dying for lack of those essentials, we should not turn a blind eye to those intent on profiting from this disaster.

One of Many Chinese Companies have sent similar information.....Nobody to report them to in China.
My point was I have received emails from Factories in China I have worked with, in the form of Business and Personal dialogue, that have offered hundreds of thousands of Masks to be shipped Fedex within a couple days. They have surplus now.
Yet, we hear there is a dire shortage of masks....

#135 4 years ago

Using a false equivalence fallacy is rampant these days.

#165 4 years ago

Empathy among some, is now the biggest Virus.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

What I’m say is quit trying to apply your panic on me. I’m not telling you to quit running around with your hair on fire, go ahead and do it. Meanwhile I’ve seen enough data and I’m not concerned about this virus. And the facts and data I’m seeing is backing this up. So you do you, how about that?

So I can understand your viewpoint better, rather than limited posts, could I ask you to share with us
where you find your data and facts/news source.
I am curious.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, I picked up on that, too. Softball questions only.

By only 2 or 3 people to represent the country.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Don’t forget ignorant, entitled, obese, diabetic, opioid addicted, alcoholic and anti-intellectual.

Hey, Im four of those!

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Axe throwing has gotten popular here in the midwest in the last couple years. I don't really get it, but I hear a lot of people talking about it.

There were a dozen booths at IAPPA last year, and none the year before....from live axes, to velcro inflatable for kids.....Surprisingly, all the booths were busy!

#537 4 years ago

After Changes were made, A Simulation was run last year of a Pandemic called, Crimson Contagion.
Run in August last year, with a release in December, it is an eye opening report, with all the issues,from the changes.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6824-2019-10-key-findings-and-after/05bd797500ea55be0724/optimized/full.pdf

#717 4 years ago

......and History gets rewritten.....

BTW, What is the official story as to why Germany did not offer US the tests?

#751 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ANY public official who spent weeks and months downplaying the risks of Coronavirus is guilty of in incompetence and negligence at best, treason and murder at worse. Stop trying to excuse this nonsense away it’s disgusting.

The full French Video is different that most US videos The US Video is edited.

#763 4 years ago

why do people act on unfounded rumors? Why trust anything that doesn’t have a face and a history? Credibility. Reputation. Etc. why make decisions based on he said that she said that they heard that....This shit happens way too much. People should know better.

Yeah, I got crap for that. Good thing I heard it from my brother in law, former Director of the National Guard! Yes, this is true.

#771 4 years ago

I think we can some up these posts as, The situation we are in, as good as it is, has been the responsibility of Government. Thank you Government.
The Situation as Bad as it is, is Not the Responsibility of the Govt, Blame someone else.
Pretty much covers it.

#822 4 years ago

Hey Guys in Texas! Is this Story, True? 3 Days ago?

No Statewide gathering limits, No plans to help with Healthcare, and only declared a disaster yesterday?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-coronavirus-response-136061

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your kidding me right?
The CDC repeatedly like a month ago said that it technically was a pandemic yet the WHO didn’t declare it until much later.
Are you saying this didn’t happen?

Please read this...You are arguing Semantics, to follow the rhetoric of deflecting blame?

Read to the End, it is an Absurd argument of blame.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/9/21163412/who-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-world-health-organization

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It isn’t blaming the WHO but it has been widely acknowledged by many sources that it’s a contributing factor in the response or many nations.

"
When there’s a global pandemic, there largely are no sidelines. It no longer makes sense for countries to shut their borders against the affected countries, as the disease is present everywhere."

So we are still on lockdown, and by definition, not a Global Pandemic.

And, it doesnt matter when it was announced, does it?

But blaming others, IS the methodology of consistent rhetoric from many sources.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He’s curious why people are talking about the WHO today, but weren’t last week. Where did you first hear about the WHO’s pandemic declaration date such that it now seems like a key failure to take action, vs whatever our own state and federal leaders did or failed to do? There were a ton of threads and posts so I could have missed it, but I don’t remember seeing you or others bring this up until recently.
Facts are facts, and if the WHO fucked up then they should be called to account. But it doesn’t excuse the severe ball dropping in the USA, and if it’s being spun that way to protect or excuse our leaders that’s some weak shit, and I’d hope most Americans are smart enough not to be fooled.

There is a controlled News Source, that sometimes starts with Newscorp,/Murdoch, and Mercer funding and on....that has an army of social media posters....Facebook, 4Chan, Reddit, news sites that allow public commentary. It is all Uniform and controlled.

#870 4 years ago

Why did I just see on Fox, Watters World, that we are ready for War with Russia or China?

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's fine line, Who-Dey. I do not recall anyone calling it a hoax, save one who made the reference in a rally speech. I wish I could play the movie.

From France, 55 second mark.

I tried a bunch of US videos and found them edited.

https://tinyurl.com/sqtj8xg

#972 4 years ago

I was watching America in Color tonight, with the episode on the 1930s.

It starts with the Stock Market Drop, and the Great Depression, and the Great Dust Bowl, sending Millions to California, because there were no jobs.

I learned so much I didnt know, and now it is so freaking relative to where we likely might be,

Part of the New Deal that took us out were Govt funded Jobs, of infrastructure, Bridges, Damns, Roads,
and National Parks.

Perhaps that is what will happen, A works program to get future unemployment issues.

I dont think we will be building any new parks, we seem to be selling them off.

#997 4 years ago

The amazing, Google Site, created by 1700 Google engineers is open! (sarcasm)
With Ads!

https://www.google.com/covid19/

#1113 4 years ago

It’s cool Cotton. The good guys know what’s what. It’s all documented. There for everyone to see. Now of course, all the people that originally insisted this a big nothingburger have changed their tune to “now isn’t the time to assign blame”. While vociferously blaming China and WHO to deflect attention from obvious negligence.

Funny all the slamming I received for sharing what was happening 60 days ago!
Even Now, I shared a source, and its of no meaning.

Ill stick with whats documented, and family that shares info.

#1118 4 years ago

So Now some states are opening ACA enrollment to help its people.

My Only Point is people who feel this program is Bad, because of Govt cost, Not Policy costs, will always have a point, I agree.

What is important in the debate is to finally see, if you think it Sucks, it is because of your States Policies, NOT the Program.
Rhetoric from the top makes it seem terrible, reality is what Your State did with it.

Example. Oklahoma had at Most 3 viable plans to pick from that all were catastrophic.
Florida has over 60. Last year we even had Kushners Oscar Plan.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Hah, sometimes I have trouble sleeping.

Morning Doc.. I pray for your health today.

I do have a question for you. Last week I have received emails from people I have done business
with in China. They tell me they have as many N95 Masks as needed, shipped in 3-5 days. 10,000, 100,000 etc.
Most Likely, these are not NIOSH approved.....Wouldnt these be of immediate need, with some quick approval, from Reliable sources of Manufacture?

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

The same WHO who said it was not a pandemic? The same WHO that said there were no cases of human to human transmission?

Please read again to the End.
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/9/21163412/who-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-world-health-organization

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Guitars are essential I guess...they’re in Tennessee?
@gibsonguitar
say they will keep their factory open until someone at the 300-person facility tests positive for COVID-19.
A food truck that typically services the factory has stopped showing up out of fear an outbreak there.

My son as a Doctor at Vanderbilt in Nashville, is absolutely shocked at the behavior of the people, and the local information.....It is still sharing the "no big deal" view.

#1206 4 years ago

5 year old friend of the family in critical condition with the Virus and on a Ventilator in Tampa.
Praying for her recovery. The Virus does not care about age.

#1217 4 years ago

Some fun for Seniors during Lockdown.....Just think, one day it will be us!

Hungry Hungry Hippos

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sorry man, hate to ruin your political narrative but I've been taking this seriously and warning people it isn't the flu for over two months now. We've been stocking up on food for 5-6 weeks.
Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative that criticizing Deblasio for his incompetence equates to denying the seriousness of the virus. Incompetence and negligence aren't traits exclusive to Republicans or Democrats. There are incompetent fools on both sides.
Still waiting for the answer to the question of who is responsible for deciding when school closures restaurants, etc take place? The feds or state and local leaders?

Is there any criticism for the countries second state Texas, and no shutdown at all yet from the Governor until Friday? Or just NY?

#1308 4 years ago

OK, Lets Talk today, I have some unanswered questions, and I am not trying to start a State vs State argument....My position is Against that Argument being made in the media. It is a deflection of blame,

What is the Logical Reason to Not invoke The Defense Production Act of 1950?
If we are in need of equipment and 6-8 weeks are some estimates to see production, why are we this
far down the road, with our states screaming for help?
I appreciate that help.

Second question that ties in Why are we offering Aid to North Korea and Iran Specifically, and in indifference to other countries, and our own needs?

Is there a way to discuss this without breaking rules or ruffling feathers?

#1544 4 years ago

National Guard Mobilized to NY, CA, and WA.

This starts, in support of the "Rumors" that were shared.

Hug the family......Stormy seas ahead. Be Safe.

Dont watch the Stock Market,
Watch the Walking Dead on Now, Awesome!!

#1693 4 years ago

Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam are top travel destinations in addition to the US, South Korea and Italy. So how are the first three fairing? Those are in malaria hot spots.

Singapore is doing Excellent, same as South Korea. From the past experiences with other Viruses, everyone was well stocked with masks, and they locked down really early.
This is the lesson to be learned. A 2-3 month supply of Masks per person, and more people can go out.
You cant go out without one, in most all urban areas. $30-$50 per person, for a 3 month supply.
On top of that they have the highest health care, at the lowest cost...roughly 1/3 ours.
Its a great model to use or adapt to fix our issues here in healthcare.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

But but but....I thought masks dont help?

Works when everyone wears them!
After going through this several times, they learned.
We didnt, or chose not to listen.

#1719 4 years ago

I wouldn’t call a strict quarantine process healthcare. But it works.

Their General Healthcare plan per person costs $3500, US Costs around $10,200.
A lot can be learned.
Quarantine, when first discovered, is the best defense by the numbers you can easily see.

#1735 4 years ago

Wait till they have the same level of seniors we do. It changes things.
The big take away from your thoughts is quarantine works when applied properly. Something the ACLU would have a fit over.

Im sorry, it doesnt matter the percentage of Seniors in their Healthcare Model.
Up to you to read if you wish.

I agree, that a Quarantine right off the bat is a hard thing to swallow, but, after this passes, and there is a body count, many will say, "We went through all this, for that? The Stock market, etc."
And, well, we know the other side of No lives lost or much better.

It is the easiest middle to respect each others view. The market Loss, can take years...who knows.
The repaying of a Couple Trillion more on the deficit, 10 Million maybe Unemployed. Thats a hit.

Id vote for Spending $36 a year per person for Masks, and spend time inside, when needed, but also know that I could work, shop, dine, etc.

Try this Article from Financial times, from Today.

https://www.ft.com/content/ca4e0db0-6aaa-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

Singapore IS the safest Country to live in, with regard to Today.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How long can we continue to be in lockdown like this until we have a total economic collapse and go into a depression? Serious question. I gotta believe we are only weeks away.

The Administration has requested people expect between 2-3 Months, Unless we have medical advances.

#1745 4 years ago

Heres Sars:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1750 4 years ago

When we saw the infection growth rate early on with this, was the key to the control of this.
The rate and method of spread was through the roof!

We had these answers, but they were lost in the "consolidation", some people say.

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is obviously some serious shit or they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.
Seems at least a few countries got a handle on it for now, but what happens when the world opens back up?

Then we fit the definition of a Global Pandemic, and the WHO position is to open all borders, and share all data and science to solve together.
We wear Masks to go out and we await Science to solve.

Im not sure of our leading Scientist position on this.
But in general, we have decimated Science, and belief in it, recently.

#1758 4 years ago

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

To be honest the best thing this country could do at this moment to help us all is suspend the 1st amendment temporarily and begin to prosecute news outlets for irresponsible reporting.

Who decides? If its Political, if we can start at the top, it would help not trickle down.

#1879 4 years ago

As reported with a degree of frequency, NY shit will hit the Fan in 11-22 days, where it will peak.
What that means in terms of Raw numbers, everyone is guessing. After that, with factors we cant control, is the down swing. Then there is the second wave. Hong Kong, 12 hours ago, was in a position of Alert, in the hopes this wont happen.

If you live in NY, or Long Island right now, Id personally recommend, you consider any and all personal steps that you feel comfortable with.....Prepare and expect the worst, and hope for the best.

The Corridor of Supplies to all those on the Island, might see issues....or, it wont.

Be safe New Yorkers, we are watching and praying.

(Yes, I have Family there, and have lived there)

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Levi have you served your country? Damn shame if you did that you would call someone who did a traitor. Maybe you'd be better off examining your own motives for a change.

Would you say that, as someone did, about McCain?

People follow by example.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Without the media we'd still be at:
"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"
For some, the truth is very bitter pill to swallow.

Except the Surgeon general states this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/surgeon-general-has-coronavirus-warning-week-it-s-going-get-n1166421

#1950 4 years ago

So here is news that started last night, and we should pay attention to this story.
Hong Kong, is now reinfected again. We should all watch how it is handled to be successful
at stopping the transfer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/asia/hong-kong-coronavirus-quarantine-intl-hnk/index.html

The Story does not have to come from CNN, feel free to see it in British, Turkish, or Middle Eastern News
stories.

If where you are and what you believe feels perfectly safe, odds are fine that you will be.
If you think this is a clusterf*ck, for not following a different path of "war", and are waiting for
a body count to see how we are doing, I get that too.

Viruses dont care. If we see a 2% or a 5% mortality, based on everyone getting treatment that needs
it, a Warm weather die off, a Vaccine in 90 days, yes, that might be the path.

Other paths, historically, go differently, because many will get no treatment.

Im a realist preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best.

This issue is about how many die, and how long the virus takes to be contained, or to simply let it spread
everywhere. Only Science can change this.

I cant help what I have learned, or who is in my family I talk too, and their work, but it all factors
into how I think. (OMG, We could really be screwed!)

I am here, because I care about ALL of you. You are my Family.

Im happy to share, Im happy to go away. But recognize Now, to expand your News sources, Please.
That is all I can ask.

Wherever you are, whatever your age, what you believe, or what party you support, this virus does not care.

You decide if it is containment, or Global Spread. Thats it.

Rant over. Thank you.

#2153 4 years ago

This doesnt belong here. but its better than me saying anything....It just made me happy.

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

During the Great Recession in ‘09, an economist wrote said we had to choose between “the car crash” and “cancer” (metaphors for a quick death and a slow death). He later made the point that we chose the cancer, and I believed him. I stayed out of the market for years. 10 years later it’s clear to me that we somehow survived that cancer.
We’re facing a similar moment now, but a pandemic won’t quietly go away like all that bad debt did. We have to choose between two car crashes: an economic depression, or millions of deaths. There’s no “cancer” option this time. We can only choose our catastrophe, and both are unfathomably bad.
Welp, I just really depressed myself.

The debate between Millions of Deaths or Economy is now center stage.
I did this battle with my brother. He wants to have seen just let the virus take its course,
instead of the economic loss.... "Should have done it from the start"

When we get to numbers, and he quotes Bloomberg, WSJ, etc...The Mortality rates all assume one thing,
EVERYONE getting treatment.

In letting it run the course, we are clueless to the death rate with no treatment of all ages.
We dont know, if that could help mutation.
We dont know if that makes the estimate go from 1-2 Million people, to 20-30 Million people.....

We do have to ask the question very soon, which is that we didnt follow Asian models of War on this,
and we may have to concede Pandemic, and let the shit fly.

I am not sure how the country will respond to piles of Bodies, people dying alone and bleeding out,
and the horrors, we have yet to know.

Equally, we dont know if we will have a vaccine soon.

How Much Money lost, is a Life worth?
How Many deaths are an "Acceptable" sacrifice for anyone to decide?

Will we be Ok with these images?

NY will give us these answers in the next 3 weeks.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe these lunatics are talking about "loosening distancing protocols" and "reopening the economy" in a matter of days. This is madness.
The economy isn't going to recover with our health care system destroyed and 100s of people dying a day. Over 100 deaths today, for the first time.
I cannot believe this is happening in this country. We are JUST getting people used to this shit and now we are gonna say "ah, never mind, the doctors and health experts are idiots we have to get Pizza Hut open again for sit downs. Fuck it."
You guys are all ok with this idea?

The first thing this is was a Fox Sunday Commentary, picked up and repeated at the top, and therefore full of support...
It gives some sense of plausible deniability in the future...."I wanted to do this, but......"
Throw enough shit in every direction, and come back and pick what you want in the future.
From someone I value, or now value less.
"Just let the old and sick people die.....whats the difference if we lose a few million people, money is more
important"

There is another way to look at it, If restrictions are eased or not, and NY is in hell, Trump will shut the bridges, and assign even more blame. God help the people in NY and the Island....getting food, and necessities could be a problem. Everyone is saying get the hell out, but also saying go somewhere else.

And who are the morons, that said we should find a place to quarantine seniors and the sick...
Great, Housing for 20 Million.

#2187 4 years ago

For all of us Grateful for the 500,000 tests that flew out of Italy, our news
has been a bit secret as to where they are made.
Apparently, they were donated by Alibaba's Jack Ma, and made in China.

We needed to avoid letting the Public know the help came from China last week,
in the middle of media flaming and blame.

#2250 4 years ago

If, with no medicine or treatment, we have had several plagues wipe out half the population,
and we have had small pox wipe out 90% of a population, without Meds, and treatment. Do we have any clue what the mortality rate will be, after system overloads, and we have millions without treatment?

I have no idea.

#2266 4 years ago

Sometimes what is interesting about information sites, and How they handle feedback.
Watching closely, and often, if a story on Fox produces Too much negative commentary
almost ONLY on one person, they shut it down. In response to the Country-Virus name debate,
people have been pushing back and calling it the TrumpVirus.

This is simply infuriating enough to censor public statements.

Which direction do we go today? Open Country, or Locked Down to fight this?

#2279 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

i myself am willing to give up my health so my grandkids can play with their happy meals inside the store..so i loss a lung..worth it to me to open this thing up as i dont want my grandson to loss his chance to get on a game show or anything..over 60? its your duty!

I can respect your position, willing to die for the "Economy", but unfortunately what can be left out of this decision you might make, would be the death of others. Now, likely you wont know them, so one might still believe it is a noble cause. What if your decision, god-forbid, killed your Grandchildren, Would you still believe as you do?
We have a family friend with a 5 year old with the virus in critical condition.
The Virus doesnt care what age you are. All statistics Assume Treatment.

#2394 4 years ago

Id like to be optimistic, but with this new direction, my opinion is we are all NOW royally screwed.

Acting with the ONLY method that has worked will no longer matter.

It is open season. catch the Virus, dont expect treatment, when things fill up.

Please die at home.

#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where’s the pork?
“ direct has payments to every American with a tax ID number of $1,500, up to $7,500 for a family of five, available to retirees and the unemployed. Beyond that, it creates a "Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation" program that provides $600 a week to any worker eligible for unemployment benefits, including self-employed workers, contractors and new entrants to the job market. It would supplement existing benefits to replace 100% of wages for the average worker. The House plan would also expand sick days and family medical leave to "nearly ever worker," and expands and gives an infusion of funds to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
It would provide more than $150 billion to hospitals and community health centers, as well as other government medical programs. In addition, it provides $80 billion in low-interest loans to hospitals. It prohibits insurance companies from imposing cost-sharing on coronavirus treatments and vaccines for every patient, including the uninsured and increases the subsidies available through the ACA marketplaces. It would also open enrollments on the ACA marketplace and provide incentives for the 14 states that haven't expanded Medicaid to take it. It has $500 billion in grants and interest-free loans for small businesses and provides a $200 billion stabilization fund for states and $15 billion to local governments.
It also includes strict conditions for any corporation receiving bailout funds, including bans on using funds for stock buy-backs. Critically, it would provide funding to states national vote-by-mail to protect the 2020 elections.”
https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6817883-FINAL-HOUSE-BILL

Ive been busy, but I havent found the Pork either. Perhaps someone can share where it is in the Bill.

#2459 4 years ago

I lost the first person I know today that died from the Virus in NY.

Guys in New York, should you seriously think about heading out of town somewhere safer
with Friends and Family?

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the stock market is in sudden denial.

Throw 2 Trillion in that we dont have, and people that have lined up free trades, will take the Free
% change ride.

I just heard from the coast of Australia, a friend from my other Hobbies, and in Charge there,
that everything is locked tight, no travel without papers, Streets are All manned with officers, and they were issued Guns!! Candidates are graduating with half training, and they are having a hell of a time
with the Aboriginals. He is supporting 5 families, with Food, Water, and Electricity.

A different view.....

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Really i just dropped a pinball into the next border just before it was about to close and not one policeman or military on the road. I got back across the border a couple of hours before the state was going into border lock down i would have thought there would have been some sort of presence. Did he say what State he is in? Oh but on the highway i did see patrol cars fining people for speeding.

Cairns, and elsewhere....

#2580 4 years ago

Im calling it. Call a National Lockdown Period. It is already 2 weeks behind.

What did we think would happen to the numbers, after 500,000 Chinese test results starting filing in?

2 Trillion and 10% Unemployement. Easter? WTF! NO Leadership!

Whats wrong with some states?

What is the value of a human life today?

#2607 4 years ago

I guess we have to play "Follow the Leader", and we need to change the Title to
"The Official Coronovirus Survival Thread"

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never thought I'd say this, but for you guys in other parts of the country that have not seen one of Gavin Newsom's "this is what we need to do, this is what we are going to do" speeches over the last week or two, IMO, that is how you get things done.

Would you mind sharing a Link to one that gets it done?

#2632 4 years ago

So, if we move to open season, and Mexico is on Lock down, Mexico will build the wall to keep
us out!

#2643 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

From which most rare earth raws are recycled. It's not complicated, folks know what this shit is worth and recover it when they can.

True, but we dont have the processes and the labor/factory to manufacture the next round.

Me last round of labor before I retired was $.35 hour Far Rural China, to $1.35 for tech assembly

Would we be willing to pay 5-10 times the price for our goods?

#2663 4 years ago

Has anyone heard from any source where the statement, "Thousands will die from Suicide" came from when stated today?
I cant find anything.

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

It was during his fox news town hall. Apparently he is already backing off on the Easter timeline. Someone put a little bit of sense into him.

Got the town hall, cant find a source for that conclusion....Thin Air?

#2683 4 years ago

Well it is just weird.
I am having a group email that is including, Australia, England, Germany, and 3 different US States,
Australia and England mentioned Suicide increases, England doesnt recall, Australia is an officer stating experience. Then Trump stated same today.

I find it uncanny.

#2807 4 years ago

As the Bill moves to the house, we have one dissenting opinion, from a Now independent.
This represents something we should all remember in the future.

"This bipartisan deal is a raw deal for the people," Amash tweeted. "It does far too little for those who need the most help, while providing hundreds of billions in corporate welfare, massively growing government, inhibiting economic adaptation, and widening the gap between the rich and the poor."

#2826 4 years ago

Here is my day today. I got lucky and found 3 new N95 Masks in the Garage!

This Massive Puzzle Lock just arrived from Germany. Like 6 pounds!

Should take me 2 months, if I am lucky to open.
I can finally stand, so I can finally play more than 10 minutes since Christmas!

popplock_T12 (resized).jpegpopplock_T12 (resized).jpeg
#2832 4 years ago

https://www.popplock.com/en

There may be some of these left, because of the world now.

Normally, people keep, but when they finish production and go up for Auction,
it is usually, a 2x to 3X price, because demand outstrips supply, and you have to be on a list.

I just sold this yesterday at auction, for just under $4K, with an $800 cost.

SC-FR-4 (resized).jpgSC-FR-4 (resized).jpg
#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Are those storage locks or just security locks in general. They look like the ones they make for storage so people cant cut the hasp with bolt cutters.

Just Custom made Puzzle Locks. The Hobby starts at around $99 and goes into the thousands.

Sorry about jumping in the virus thread, just some personal joy, I wanted to share.

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Art, I got 2 emails but no invoice for my lock yet.

Reach out to Ranier....No idea, this arrived in under 2 weeks, from his first email.

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I probably got same email as you in early March. Im on list, he's doing 10 at a time.
Hope my number comes up soon.

Have you ever solved one?

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The Wall Street Journal is the best. Everything else is tainted, or infiltrated by the Chi-Coms.

Still owned by news Corp, and Murdoch.....Intellectual Propaganda, where needed.

#2856 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Depends on who you are....been like that for years.

Some moderations are not posted....more warnings....I have a stack on this subject, and am doing my best to behave. Kinda.

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Said politician is a fucking moron. The virus doesn't give a shit about age! Yeah so statistically elders are *most* at risk but we're starting to see more "young" people, including teenagers, pass away. So sure, go ahead and kill Gramps and Gran so kids can go back to work taking tickets at crowded movie theaters, because odds are it wouldn't be their grandkids that become the statistic or spread it to their neighbors, right?
It takes a real special kind of brazenly depraved stupidity to rise to the top in today's climate and hoo boy, that one's tough to beat.

Towing the Line.

I am not sure why Florida Governor hasnt locked the state down.
People from the Northeast have a caravan now, heading to south Florida.
Hotels in Orlando might fill, but everyone will likely be sick.

South Florida, around Mara Largo, and Miami, are hit the worst.

#2864 4 years ago

Sneeze guards coming to Supermarkets!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/business/walmart-kroger-changes-coronavirus-wellness/index.html

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Looks like we have a giant aid package that just passed. I wonder if we're going to see inflation or if it will be all relative. If we do see it, I hate the fact that I'll be punished for being a good manager and saver with my finances.

Yes, first its just food, likely 20%-30% jumps on fresh Product categories coming real soon.
May go back down.....

But then again, Gas should be $.99

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm just curious but do they have an unredacted version of the bill posted some where? I mean one we can see it all not just key segments?

Likely have to wait until after it passes the house?

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And we have the liberals who think isolating is BS

Sorry, I havent met one. But I agree with Isolation is the best, along with hundreds of Millions of
N95 masks, and more ready for the Public.
This is the way China, South Korea, and Singapore have stayed ahead.
Wuhan opened yesterday, but Everywhere, everyone is wearing N95 while going about their day.
(Of course we have to worry about masks, in the oceans, and beaches at a later date)

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

They didn't have a crystal ball. Imagine a 75% revenue loss. What company could survive that?

<Insert any business name here> would fail with a 75% revenue loss. And a lot of companies do re-invest their profits. It's growth.

Tranquilize yourself.

Wasnt Free Money from the Government a really bad thing a few months ago, when it was suggested it went to health care? I do remember some words used.....big words.

#2953 4 years ago

I find the personal and Political position as outlined yesterday pretty simple.

Either one believes, we should all go back to normal shortly, and not worry about contagion, death, etc.
and let Nature take its course, accepting whatever outcome God gives us with the Day of Easter,
OR
You believe in lockdown/quarantine, even for months, with a concerned effort towards Doctors, Nurses, and health care workers, food supply, and let the economic pieces come back as they have from Wars.

We all hope for the fastest answer from Science, if you believe in Science.

I personally, refuse to give up the war, and are frightened for everyone, when a President goes to war, and a week later suggest we surrender to an enemy, because of Money.
Where would we be having Japan in WWII or Russia in the cold war, simply giving up?

I am Proud my daughter has organized a large group in Nashville, sewing masks all day for the Hospitals.

Wouldnt this be more of what our country should be about?

Pick a side, but please stay home, if you get a sign of this....dont go out like my brother who says,
I dont care about others, if I catch it, I want to go out having fun.

be safe....pinball and our families need us!

#3039 4 years ago

All Mortality Rates are based on people receiving Treatment.

We have no meaningful numbers with No treatment, which is what will happen when the
healthcare system fails from over load.

Watch the Syrian Camps, and India, all though that is like Somalia in some areas, and we are better off.

We also dont have any idea, what the infection rate would be unchecked, mutations, long term effects.

When Pandemics historically have been untreated, they range from 20%-40% death of a population.
Im certain we will do better.

But whether its 1 Million, or 20 Million, I believe more in locking down, 90 days, Training medical teams NOW, just for the basics, in case they are needed, get a Billion N95 Masks ordered for everyone, and let Global Science do their work. By that time, Healthcare should work, and with Masks, people can be out as they are in Asia today....Singapore, South Korea, and China.
Id rather know a 90 Lockdown, as other countries have done, really will work.

By example, and by History, we, here, by indecision, are making the problem worse.

#3058 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Or gloves and N-95 masks for all US Citizens who need them. With the proper PPE we can go back to sense of normalcy by Easter. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.
Yeah, they tried to lie to us early on saying they don't work and to donate them to Pro's.
Now that lie has been discarded we can work toward everyone having these items, learning how to use them, and using them.
Instead of cussing people not at home we can cuss them for not wearing a mask and gloves.

I think someone started a thread about buying Masks and got skewered in january, by loyalists.

#3061 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I honest think we need to wait until sometime very close to end of April 2th-27th and then revisit and see where our country is at before we do anything.

It will show more infections and more deaths, with more testing, which will result in more human fear and panic.
The numbers wont go down for months, at best, unless we get lucky in Science.

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The virus can be stopped dead in its tracks if you enforce strict home isolation for 12 weeks. For this to work government would have to cover all bills, small businesses, etc. These could be loans that were forgiven if you abided by the quarantine. But we chose another way to address the problem. Get back to work and let the virus run it’s course. Notwithstanding the lung and heart damage the virus causes in young and old who survive the illness. What a cluster.[quoted image][quoted image]

You mean the answer for all people is to have saved 3 months of $$$ or a Credit Card?

i save, my brother does not. He earns close to 7 figures with nothing saved. He will lose his cash flow, so he wants the country opened now!

My neighbor was crying for losing $30K in his retirement.
My other friend, lost 60 Million in one portfolio, he doesnt care, he is still playing golf, and Tennis in Boca.

Crazy, huh?

#3065 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not by me. The mis-informed who run their mouth were just parroting the talking heads saying masks don't work. This is lie is still being pushed but the body of evidence indicates they do indeed work. Those people who insisted otherwise should be called out. I get it, there was a Nationwide shortage and Medical people needed them
No reason to lie to the American people, they need to prevent this mess so the Doctors have less work to do. Thanks for the down vote!

Vote click error on my part, fixed

#3198 4 years ago

From Bernie:

"Unless these Republican Senators drop their objections, I am prepared to put a hold on this bill until stronger conditions are imposed on the $500 billion corporate welfare fund to make sure that any corporation receiving financial assistance under this legislation does not lay off workers, cut wages or benefits, ship jobs overseas, or pay workers poverty wages," he continued.

#3206 4 years ago

Is it now a GOP Holdup?

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So far in this thread I've been called a sarcastic racist.

#3229 4 years ago

I hope everyone is watching the Old Mainstream News.
Hospitals are full.
Lines to get seen, stretching blocks.
Make shift Morgues being erected.
New York areas, seeing a Spike in Youth Hospitalizations.
The worst will be this flowing across the country, repeating for 90 days?

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Ummm...the other part of the delay is because the democrats are wanting $350M to use for ‘relocation of immigrants and migrants’, plus want lower emissions on airlines, and other stuff not related to the virus pandemic stuck into this bill. And....they are saying this is just the beginning and there might be 4 or 5 rounds of stimulus packages. What the hell???

Reading outside of Right media, which has nicely omitted, were delays by 3 Republican Senators...including Graham. Its a crap load of money. We should see debate and concern.
There isnt this "Rush" since funds wont arrive for 8 weeks,

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Good for New Zealand, but to be fair they are 25% the population of New York state...and an island. Not an apples to apples comparison.
IMO, ALL western governments should have forced us into strict quarantine 2-3 weeks ago. Kind of inexcusable, since we all saw the trajectory in China. that would have been the only way to stamp this out. Maybe they'll learn for next time.
Going to be an ugly 2-4 weeks ahead as this peaks and hospitals are overwhelmed.

2-3 weeks ago? Try January. Whether its Germany, or Singapore, All countries that listened to China in early January, are faring so much better with the disease, and their economy.
Unfortunately, listening to others like Germany, China, Korea, is not part of our Governments Mindset,
because we have the smartest Scientist and Genius doing it right.

#3458 4 years ago

Isnt free Money, Socialism? Every day, Fox was telling me this.

#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I totally agree 100% -- this would have been ideal in a perfect world.
I was suggesting a better "sell" to us 2-3 weeks ago -- more realistic. Keeping in mind that this may have been more a WTF moment in January in North America, feeling more like Martial Law sprung on us suddenly. Some would argue Americans (and Canadians, to a lesser extent) have a different adherence to/challenge of The Man/Authority over here vs. embracing or following authority in Germany; China; Korea.

I wont go backwards again over the actual timeline vs the now revisionist timeline.
So lets do today.
In a Global Pandemic, as agreed upon with Nations, promotes global cooperation
to solve. We, today, as a Nation are still not doing that, and hiding truths, or simply passing blame.
An example would be the 500,000 tests received 2 weeks ago in Memphis was headlined in Political stories, as coming from Italy. NO WHERE is mentioned these were just flown into Italy as a donation from
Chinese businessman Ma, The same talking heads ran continuous, as they do today, "blame china" rhetoric.
Where are we today? We have county by county decisions in some states, we have states that want the
open season method, etc.....

The lack of a unified message, global sharing and listening, etc, is A big part of our reaction, and numbers.
If we should have done this 2-3 weeks ago, why arent we doing it now, and what will be the rhetoric 2-3 weeks from now, that we should be doing today?

We seem to be continually kicking the can down the road, and apparently be looking for National decisions to be about American Lives, when I feel what we see is a greater interest in Blame, and re-election.

My opinion, and I respect many will disagree.

#3712 4 years ago

"Buried in the 900-page bill is a provision that would establish a $4.5 trillion corporate bailout fund, which will be overseen by Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin with very little oversight. Sure, a five-member oversight panel with appointees by House and Senate leaders will report to Congress every 30 days, but crucially, it won’t have the power to veto Mnuchin’s decisions."
online article

7 Trillion and growing....wonder why the market is behaving this way?
Who will pay for this?

#3799 4 years ago

Well, We are #1!

Who do I thank?

And this is now a headline:

Coronavirus: Mexicans demand crackdown on Americans crossing the border

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

#3866 4 years ago

Singapore, China, and South Korea, almost back to normal.
Help and advice offered first week of January.
We followed a different Path, because we are Smarter!
Now, We are Number 1, and skyrocketing!
Mexicans closing Borders to prevent American Immigration.

#3869 4 years ago

The original name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula" (in English, "town of our lady the Queen of Angels of the River Porciúncula")

Id say Mexico....

#3935 4 years ago

My Morning Point of being pissed.
With infinite wisdom, the chosen one doesnt "feel" the numbers of people
getting critically sick will be as high, and no more ventilators for New York.
He shares, "They have enough".
WTF?

#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Trump did a thing on Hannity last night. Check the transcripts but I think the current strategy going forward is to blame governors he doesn't like[quoted image][quoted image]

Because he wont win NY, but he could swing the others.
The bias and rhetoric is about the election.
Sometimes it seems thats more important than lives.

#3940 4 years ago

The "kissing" of the ring will be required to tap into the 4.5 Trillion Money grab.
This is abuse.

Thats the most I can say without getting in trouble.

Source: 2nd hand from former WH chief of staff.

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm reading other things. That the dems did get an oversight committee put in place so that Trump isn't the oversight (which he wanted to be).

Yes, there is a small committee, but it is still up to Mnuchin, and his reporting wont come out until 6 months of disbursements. Businesses that dont support him, will simply get less.
His personal battle with Bezos shines, in how the game is played.
Using the Pandemic, and the Stimulus, as a tool for personal gain in re-election should be called out.

#3951 4 years ago

"On the plus side, it would force corporations that obtain emergency loans from the federal government to forgo dividends and stock buybacks and limit the compensation of their senior executives. But the bill also contains a clause that allows Steve Mnuchin, the Treasury Secretary, to waive these requirements if he deems it “necessary to protect the interests of the Federal Government.”"

New Yorker article

#3961 4 years ago

One result will be in a few months...."So only xxxx people died", was it worth the economy and the Trillions? Blame xxxxx.....

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everything is beautiful and tremendous.
What a time to be alive!

So New York News, and WH news disagree.....are there 1000 empty ICU beds open?

Or should we listen carefully, and note the first words were about NYC, and the Stats to
downplay referred to the Whole State? This is now fodder for Anger against NY by Loyalists.

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

There’s actually more oversight than this Warren added some last minute language that requires weekly reports on where the money is going.

It will be great if the House can make these changes....I this happening now?
I wish a BiPartisan Committee made the decisions.
4.5 Trillion is a big issue.

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How much documentation do I need to provide from national media outlets (including those that skew left like The NY Times, CNN, etc) that Cuomo and Diblasio’s responses to the outbreak there were too slow before you can bring yourself to admit they are less than perfect? I get that NYC is the most densely populated metro area in the US but there is more to this situation then just that.
You’ll notice I haven’t criticized other state’s leadership like Governor Newsome in California, right? That is because they acted and took steps to mitigate spread in their states sooner. Last I checked, California is a pretty densely populated state too, no?

Please do share a link or two. If the states officials are trying to get resources, and in doing so
need to tow the line with the Presidents view, to gain favor, then yes, they should have disagreed
even stronger. Sadly, that line of disagreement is so unnerving to the top, we see today, a
straight "NO" for more Ventilators.
So yes, they should have shut down the city early, but NO, Trump was in a position to affect this decision bigly.
But please do share, I cant find articles as you describe....

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Go back and read my comments here over the past 7-10 days. I’ve already said on numerous occasions that if the goal was to truly stop the spread across the country, air travel in and out of NYC, Seattle, etc should have been locked down byTrump at the same time (or earlier) as he did Europe. I’ve been saying this here and to friends and family for almost 3 weeks now.

Yes, and Ive been saying this since January.

I am waiting for your links. I dont disagree governors "should have done better, or earlier"
But they take their Leads from the President, whom you equally criticize.

The Buck stops at the top. Blaming Governors right now, is rhetoric from Newscorp and relations,
to deflect from the top.

Fine to disagree, so draw the line Now. NY has been begging for weeks for Ventilators.
Trump says no more you have enough, TODAY. If people die because of a Ventilator shortage, who
is responsible? The Governor? Or the President?

That answer is where I hope I can understand your position.

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I hear you there. !

I have read all those, but thank you.
What is missing is crossing those messages of hope, with what was happening at the top,
and the additional press meetings, that he tried to follow the leader, to get aide.
NY has gone back and forth, from Towing the line from the top, to outright screaming for help.
This position is True, just to get help.
It is however fail to criticize that they should have simply locked down, in defiance of leadership,
But hopefully we can share a belief as to how this would have been received as a Nation, and by Leadership, if they locked down sooner.

Here is a bit of the Timeline:

The numbers bear out that success. The first known case in New Rochelle was discovered March 2. By March 10, that number had shot up to 108 coronavirus cases, evidence of exponential growth. The containment zone was established two days later.

15 days ago.

Here is the Tweet in that time frame:

"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”"

So should they have locked the state down, in addition to the Outbreak area? Yes, perhaps, now in hindsight.

But at that time, it wouldnt have been tolerated, and maybe even today, there is debate on the legality of some of this....

I Understand you now, though, which is why I asked the ventilator question.

Hindsight makes everyone right, and Im not trying to be rude to you, but it allows one to
create views that are likely different than real time decisions.

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What does this have to do with my response
To Levi changing 30 lamp sockets out?

Nothing. My Quote referenced another post!

This is from Fox via the Atlantic.

Previously, estimates were 200,000....but flawed, because all these estimates, assumed Treatment.

"In a worst-case scenario, without serious mitigation efforts, hospital beds in the U.S. could be full by April and 2.2 million Americans could die of the virus – not to mention those who would die of other ailments because they couldn’t get medical care – a study from the Imperial College London concluded, according to The Atlantic."

Is 2 Million deaths, worth opening the country, and further overwhelming healthcare?

I Dont have the Answer, I know in my family we are disagreeing using this number....

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sorry if this is deemed political, but seemed like info that some may want to know:
NPR Station Stops Airing Trump Coronavirus Briefings For ‘False Information’
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/npr-donald-trump-coronavirus_n_5e7dd6dec5b6256a7a28941d

I feel the only real issue, other than specific criticism of specific events, is what is True, and what is False.
I most always remind myself that "Fake" means I dont like it for one, and a "Lie", to the next person in line.

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

NPR is a PUBLIC funded service, the organization should not filter based on their own very well known biases. If you don't like the briefing turn it off.
Can you imagine the rayyyycisssssst @#$% storm if Fox had stopped showing Obama's briefings during H1N1, Ebola, etc. The mental gymnastics and balkanization of this country in a time of true crisis is really sad.
AMERICANS set aside differences and RALLY behind a cause for the good of everyone. They don't sit and whine behind a computer playing Monday Morning QB.
Can you imagine this same sort of attitude being exhibited now during WWII? Protip - we'd all be speaking German or Japanese if that was the case.

I believe perhaps you are looking for Leadership?

Im not sure, but either you have read me wrong, or are agreeing?

Dont know, but if one is critical of Todays Press Conference, there are statements that are True,
and there are some that are Lies.
My Position is and always be to gather information, from different sources, and think for myself.
It isnt "Armchair Quarterbacking", but I do appreciate how you might feel that way.
My position is if one only receives news from Any Biased Source, on either side only, their beliefs
of Truth are controlled, by the Agendas behind them.

To tackle this "War" we need decisive, clear, and Factual/Truthful information.
If you believe that is what we are receiving today, as also reflected on the Virus issue,
that is your prerogative. Perhaps respect that others see Lies, as a quality detrimental to leadership.

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I posted 4 articles and links previously from The NY Times, NY Post, CNN, etc. They all outline very clearly the mistakes Diblasio and yes, even Cuomo who has the ultimate say at the state level, made in not taking action sooner to shut things down in NYC.
You guys don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. I’m not absolving Trump or the feds for their lack of preparation and blunders they’ve made in preparing the country (testing, etc). I’m not happy about a lot of that stuff as well, including not shutting down airports in NYC, Seattle, etc at the same time or before he did with Europe.
What I am saying is that crying and blaming only the feds for the current situation while not be willing to acknowledge the obvious blunders of your own state and local politicians comes off as just partisan politics. At the state and local level, decisions on when to close businesses, schools, restaurants, clubs, etc. can and should be made by the governors and in big city areas like NYC, mayors. Just because Trump didn’t tell them or force them to shut down their city and state doesn’t give them an excuse for waiting too long.
There are states all over the country whose governors have sent out stay at home orders without federal guidance or permission. California’s governor issued those orders before anyone in New York did for NYC and at a time when they still had fewer diagnosed cases.
Maybe there is just a disconnect between those of us that think the federal government should make every decision for our states and lives and those of us that believe you don’t wait for the federal government (or government in general) to take care of things. I’m not happy with my governor here in Utah right now either as he still hasn’t given the stay at home order I think he should have already. As a result, I’m doing what is necessary to try to take care of myself and family.

What I am saying is your criticism, in hindsight is fair.
When the criticism from the articles neglects the timeline, and the messages from the Top, which dont stand alone, they do act with the governors, some of the criticism is both time, and working with
the White House. So to say, the governor should have locked down earlier than they did in New Rochelle,
is incorrect. To say they should have locked down the state earlier, is true, but omitting that decision wasnt exclusively theirs to make at the time, and in hindsight, it should have been done.
This DOES agree when you say the Lockdown Nationwide should have been Done 2-3 weeks ago,
In no way does my view absolve any responsibility to governors, it is more that the Top and News corp,
are running the narrative, like Tucker, that any fault for what happens in NY, is on NY, and is not the responsibility at the top. You support this narrative from Opinion articles.

This is to deflect from the Ventilator issue, and the Now deployed National guard.
The cries of help are being answered, we only hope it is enough, and quick enough.

What is happening in the other 2 democratic led states receiving criticism, I do not know.

But stating that in a National Emergency, anything Bad, is the fault of the State, and Anything Good,
was done at the Top, is a bit insulating in an election year.

#4233 4 years ago

Dont know if this was posted, but this should be shared, with royalties, IMOO.

FAST AND CHEAP!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/dyson-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html

#4394 4 years ago

An opinion piece:

https://tinyurl.com/uc9xgxr

About the Lack of Science.

This relates to the study of Beer and Water, with a New story in Archaeology on Beer:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/hundreds-lead-spiked-beer-bottles-uncovered-19th-century-leeds-site-180974513/

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I could use some of that beer about now...minus the lead, of course.

Ive been immersed in the genetic defects passed down by lead in water.
There appears to be a connection between those that believe the earth is flat, and genetic defect from lead.

#4403 4 years ago

No sympathies needed...lost a cousin in Manchester England last night, died within 36 hours of symptoms.
I am up to 4, of family or friends....

#4442 4 years ago

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/28/michigan-governor-gretchen-whitmer-says-medical-vendors-were-told-not-to-supply-state/23964182/

“I say, ‘Mike, don’t call ... the woman in Michigan. It doesn’t make any difference what happens,’” Trump said.

How are you guys in Michigan?

#4449 4 years ago

An Argument all week, has been issues of blame on Governors.
It has been their Responsibility, not the Federal Govt.

First, was Production Act, The decision Not to use,but put on Standby, to Motivate,
Now is covered by it being used.
The Need for quarantines, was up to Governors, Not a Federal decision, sometimes arguing it was unconstitutional.

So from the same source, Newscorp, and for Some that IS the Wall Street Journal, New York Post,....
Now shares this headline:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-mulls-imposing-coronavirus-quarantine-on-new-york-new-jersey-connecticut

Please help me, How can he consider doing this with the Powers he has, but spend a week, with
his media arm saying, he cant, he shouldnt, and any failures belong to the state.

Is this under the declaration of National Emergency?

What does it mean to New Yorkers, and NJ, and CT?

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Surprised he’s being so flippant here and picking the usual petty fights. Michigan is a swing state.
Usually this treatment is just reserved for places like New York, California, and Washington.

Florida received 100% of requested supplies...Why? Swing State, New Home state?
Sad to see this politicized, and defended.

#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Kiss ass governor and gotta keep the base alive.
A family friend went through a coronavirus checkpoint today returning from out of state. They didn't even check his ID.

Our news shared "All out of State Plates will have drivers/travelers screened before driving into the state.
Maybe next week, but it sounds more like a Political Sound bite for half the state.

The Villages...The senior community with golf carts, and a super high rate of HIV, is a microcosm of bad
behavior, based on political info, in the state.

#4516 4 years ago
#4565 4 years ago

So today, we have a National Story of a Quarantine possible for the North East.
Maybe only 2 weeks.
So I can sleep better. Which Direction are we heading, from the top?

Are we United in Quarantining, and using methods seen in South Korea and Singapore,
or are we done, and its open season?

Zero Criticism here...Just looking for the same answer since January. It changes often,
and Im unsure.

#4702 4 years ago
#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Anyone know why Connecticut was hit with the threat of a federal quarantine? Doesn’t seem like much is going on there number wise compared to other states that would warrant a fed lockdown.

Blue.

#4818 4 years ago

Only because it constantly changes, and Im unsure why this is of no concern.

We went through several days of blame China. The rhetoric wasnt there for the 4 weeks before.
As soon as it was mentioned and repeated, talking heads in media, were on the blame game.

Then, when this pushed at the recent G7 discussion, there were countries against it.
So this morning, at 1 AM, it shifted again, to now, we can no longer use blame china.

Will this new change of direction cause everyone who followed the Blame Rhetoric change their view?
Not likely. Once released, its hard to undo.

The cathertic speaking causes issues, as it is inconsistent at best, and harmful at worst.

So with this tweet, our position has changed back:

"Just finished a very good conversation with President Xi of China. Discussed in great detail the CoronaVirus that is ravaging large parts of our Planet. China has been through much &amp; has developed a strong understanding of the Virus. We are working closely together. Much respect!"

#4825 4 years ago

Hey Doc,

A question if you have knowledge on Proteolytic Enzyme treatment for the Virus.
I use Serrapeptase to keep my lungs clear, and remove soft arterial plaque, based on my condition.
Are you aware of this being of any help with the virus, as it clear mucus in the lungs, or is this mucus helping more?

#4841 4 years ago

Thanks Doc,

Could I trouble you to look at this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boqi-international-medical-announces-distributorship-133010769.html

Enteric Enzymes used in China against the Virus. It is being used after the fact for easing of symptoms.
Not as a preventative, as no studies on regular use as a defense.
This is Prescription around the world and OTC here, unless combined to patent, current approval is
thrombosis in legs.

#5101 4 years ago

An interesting comment on 60 Minutes by a NY Doctor was people are walking in with light symptoms, and 12 hours later, they are in ICU Ventilator. Common traits are overweight males, and younger than expected.
She shared how unexpectedly fast, this took down a person.

I hope there are enough ventilators.

#5284 4 years ago

Was this a Good thing?

"Concerns about a dwindling supply of PPE are not new. Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.
Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.""

#5287 4 years ago

Was this good Either? Thousands gather at Tampa Church....Belief that they will not be infected?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-church-service-defy-government-guidance

#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Florida....wow. If I were a neighboring state I might consider checking license plates. The man there, the governor? Handling it very poorly.

Yes he is....he is kissing ass, in a bid to move up the political ladder.

#5299 4 years ago

In Services, as this is in the WH, they have declared that their faith will keep them from catching the Virus.

This logic, is the official US Spiritual Position.

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Dude I know a lot of pinsiders are advocating for you to not go to the doctors but If it's a heart problem you may be doing unrepairable damage in not dealing with it now, or worse you my pass as a result. As many have said seek out alternatives first but man if you can't find another way, go get yourself looked at before it gets worse.
The way I see it is you're going to need that heart should you become sick to be as strong as it can be to see you through.

Indeed, I have inconsistent answers from Blue Cross, as to where to go at this time, if my heart starts acting up....

#5309 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Idiots. Haven't these type of gatherings already been prohibited there? My church suspended all meetings indefinitely 3 weeks ago.

No, Florida is on County by County. I live in Orange County, which is shut down, Seminole County is not.
This is in Part that Orange is the city and tourism, so they have power. Seminole, tows the party line.

I drove yesterday, as I am on the line, from closed Orange county, 2 miles, to see many businesses open in Seminole. WaWa Gas/Food was packed with people, no distancing...Strange.

#5409 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

New thread rules from the moderation team:
Due to the high number of moderation warnings happening in this thread, we are initiating a new moderation warning policy for this thread starting from this point forward.
If you receive a total of 3 moderation warnings, you will be ejected from this thread for no less than 1 week. If you currently have more than a total of 5 warnings, any additional warnings from this point forward will result in a permanent thread ejection. We will reserve the right to adjust things according to the situation, but don't expect special treatment.
If you try to post in other threads or start a new thread about the cornoravius situation after being ejected from this thread, your posting privileges will be further restricted.
We understand that these are uncertain times, and experiencing this is a little scary. We understand stress and anxiety are high. We understand some of you might be restless or stir crazy. But please, try to follow the forum rules and the rules set forth in the first post of this thread.
We don't enjoy excluding people from a discussion, especially concerning something of this magnitude. However, we will if it helps keep the thread on-track and trouble free.
Stay safe and stay well, everyone. Please make good decisions, not only in this thread, but out there in the real world as well. Try to be understanding and lenient with your friends, family, and neighbors. They are probably feeling similar to the way that you are.

I hope I can ask for a point of clarification.

If a link is posted to a story from say CNN or Fox, where we all understand their views,
with no personal commentary, is this allowed?
If this link has criticism in either direction, as part of its "news", would it mean no one should be
allowed to comment?

Dont want to get booted, but dont know where that line is,

#5416 4 years ago
#5774 4 years ago

I need a Haircut....My wife will be watching videos today....Im scared!

#5801 4 years ago

Im upset that it is back to blaming blue, on right media, while complaining now is not the time for Politics,
when criticism comes the other way.

#5803 4 years ago

I won’t venture an opinion other than I think a lot of people are going to look at the world they were living in pre-Covid19 and see a lot of things they’d like changed. Perspectives have and will continue to evolve as a result of this. This will be fascinating.

The Plague of Justinian, circa 540, cemented a new direction and change in Govt, and theology, in all 3 Major faiths.

#5900 4 years ago

15,000 Opioid deaths Average, and you have mastered How this has happened, ignored all Human
Patient errors, any and all the good they do for people who need them.

Blame All Doctors, and are a National Expert. Good for You.

I hope you Just keep that in your wallet, and be sure you reject ALL Medical treatment going forward.
Live what you believe, and Doctors will have no problem passing you by.

#5902 4 years ago

Interesting article.....A highlighted passage:

Millions of masks are being purchased by foreign buyers and are leaving the country, according to the brokers, while the domestic need remains alarmingly high.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2020/03/30/i-spent-a-day-in-the-coronavirus-driven-feeding-frenzy-of-n95-mask-sellers-and-buyers-and-this-is-what-i-learned/#337f92aa56d4

#6036 4 years ago

Yes, this will run in waves. At some point the over 60 crowd with issues, will have to come out, and numbers can surge again in the fall, as people lower their guard, and get tired of being holed up.
The Hope, by then is not only full medical care, but also Science.
Still, there are many in lock down from the baby boomer surge, that dont have or wont have insurance in 6 months.
We can only hope that we can begin to isolate public infections, and maybe convince someone to stop selling PPE to other nations, over citizens.

#6038 4 years ago
#6152 4 years ago

I am still battling a brother, an intelligent Global Attorney, who STILL believes this is a Media Hoax,
and everyone should go about normal.
We use to see the world the same, and then he swallowed News Corp Only.

#6319 4 years ago

Why Governor DeSantis chose to Lockdown. Apparently Governors communicate with Presidents
on What to do.

Who would have guessed, that Government worked that way.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20200401/coronavirus-florida-desantis-orders-statewide-lockdown

#6332 4 years ago

Indeed.....Ive been pretty close, and know the feeling.

#6345 4 years ago

I wonder what happened that people dont trust the media.
Did someone say something?

Since retiring, I take them all in plus BBC, AlJazeera, India News, Turkish News, Russian News (tass)

Critical thinking is all it takes.

#6347 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I like dry news, without a partisan slant either way agenda free.
Like Sgt. Friday "Just the facts Ma'am".
Everyone has a camera and an opinion these days, which is great. I can quickly identify key talking points they all use
and turn them off.
News organizations should never have any influence over an area, just give me the facts and go on.
Get a few non-partisan Robots to deliver Reports. Just show dry coverage of an Event, a news conference. Leave out
all the blather and opinions. This is why the Media is going broke. People don't fall for the lies, the slant, the agenda anymore.
They refuse to pay for it too.
Create a Dry News source and become rich.

Please share an example of where you find this?

Meanwhile, Whats going on in Texas, and some other states?

#6471 4 years ago

News, not wanted.

#6473 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No politics, Art? Seriously? You are politics 24/7 on Pinside. Give it a rest.

Thank you for your advise. Im sorry that 66 days ago, when I discussed masks, and the virus it was all thumbs down.
Being Critical as to what is happening isnt political, by choice.
This is an article on how the Virus is being politicized.

So, as we see here, and elsewhere...No criticism is allowed as to whats happening in politics,
yet, I am allowed to share News Links.

Why are you asking now for no links, involving the actions this country takes?

Should I be limited to only News Corp links?

#6479 4 years ago

Maybe our lives are different, but Im angry.

It IS apparently OK, to be angry at China, the Media, The Governors, the WHO, the CDC, and post that anger.
My anger is the path and method. You are free to disagree.

Perhaps Why, for me.

Ive lost 10 people. I have a Grandaughter 1, and her dad is a doctor in Vanderbilt Hospital,
I worry for them, and hear news, I no longer share.
I have a Niece who gave birth this morning in Seattle. There is concern the baby may be infected.
I have sister in law, an ICU nurse, and found out she has cancer this morning.
My 83 year old Mom is coughing, and recovering from Shingles....I need to help her today.
I may need spine surgery, I cant have it though, because of the Spread.

If what I share is not True, please correct me with a different link....I am fine to be wrong
and admit it.

But critical thinking should not be suspended because the information is uncomfortable.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

If you have to start a post by saying “No politics”, you’re probably about to make a political post...

My comment was meant to mean, not that I am being political, but someone in the article is.

Ill go away now....apparently we only want different info....

2 months later
#16097 3 years ago

Ive stayed away for 75 days. I guess my January thread on the need for masks had some merit.
Sad, I had to be ridiculed so much.
Sometimes old people have knowledge.

#16163 3 years ago

US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams urged caution when looking at the US death rate for the virus remaining flat while the number of new cases increases.

"We know deaths lag at least two weeks and can lag even more," Adams said, speaking on "Fox & Friends" on Friday.

(Quoted on CNN)

#16172 3 years ago

I have found some interesting data mining available on this site:
(Especially when comparing US Data, to any other country(ies).

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data

#16323 3 years ago

The last time Herd Mentality was employed:

#16324 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just saw two doctors on the news that said that study is full of shit. I'm not saying it is or it isnt, I'm just sayin....

Can you share where I can find this ?

#16355 3 years ago

Following up with Family in ICUs here treating Corona Cases, and reading, indeed this recent surge is causing cases in pulmonary fibrosis to be found. (Lung Scarring)

If you have had the virus, and not had a chest x-ray, I feel you should look into.
With that is one Treatment used extensively outside the US, Proteolytic Enzymes.

Specifically, Serrapeptase, and Nattokinase. Please check with your doctor.

I have been using for years now, with great results.

#16363 3 years ago

We have a fellow Pinsider, whose Wife is now recovering from several weeks of the virus. Thankfully.
She said it was insanely horrible, and believe it is her second battle with the virus.

Sadly, those around her, dont believe in masks, or the virus as a real issue.
His information comes from a "news" network too.

#16433 3 years ago

Can we talk about what may be happening in your state with regard to school openings, Moderators?

What is being said by you?

Social distancing on School Buses, would require 3x more buses in some areas.
Classroom Distancing needs more teachers or staggered classes, with some home teaching?

I dont have any answers, I know in Orange County, there is no consensus.
Basically, from family involved its simply a mess.

#16459 3 years ago

While Children can be infected and asymptomatic, they certainly are not immune to getting and transmitting.
New studies are concerned about the Virus affecting the brain, even young school children.
They arent readily being tested, so there is a lack of info, as energy is being spent elsewhere.

My Son in Law, Just left Vanderbilt Hospital, in Pediatric Specialty that relates to this.
While 2 months ago, it wasnt on Vanderbilts radar, his new Job in 2 weeks with Advent Health Hospital in Orlando,
will bring him to the front of this information. At this time, they have started to study the effects of children there,
and be part of the work.
I hope to share more, only for the reasons of info, and the well being of our families.
I hope those that already disagree, will keep an open mind.

#16575 3 years ago

A question for all.....How many here are High Risk?
I find that a huge part of my personal and family discussions come back to this.

It seems to me those with high risk, have a level of fear and action, that is not empathized with.

#16619 3 years ago

Yes, In Florida.

Feds Charge Phony Church with Selling Bleach as a 'Miracle' Cure for Covid-19

https://gizmodo.com/feds-charge-phony-church-with-selling-bleach-as-a-mirac-1844345626

Those who "feel" this will pass on through, it may, but do read on Plagues in History, how long they lasted, etc.
Thats herd methodology.

#16659 3 years ago

If it isnt Political, Why is Doctor Fauci, who served under 6 administrations, being discredited and slandered by his employer....

#16788 3 years ago

Excusing the Bias, will the data we have seen now be "filtered"?

Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/coronavirus-data-trump-cdc.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#16863 3 years ago

Missing Hospital Data Today from the transfer of Data to the White House.

I expect Great Data of the Virus going away, as we get closer to election.
Local, and other news, will have to battle this new "Truth" coming from the only self proclaimed source of Truth.

From Family involved, the Hospitals are pissed.

#16926 3 years ago

What will it take?
100,000 new cases a day coming soon?
200,000 a day in a couple months?
ICUs closing? Health care collapsing?

What makes those who dont believe in Masks, feel the answer is to stop this?
Please do share with an example of what else works?

History shows Plagues like this can last for years and decades with Herd Immunity....

Any official answers other than a gut feeling, or a miracle?

Then comes the Bill.....so far, we have doubled the National debt, which means double your taxes,
just to stay even, with interest only. The $1200 check comes with a $60,000 Bill.

#16937 3 years ago

I had the annoying joy of a colonoscopy today, my second since the virus, as a cancer followup.
(All good, fortunately, since first surgery)

In chatting with admitting, I asked if anyone they work with, felt they shouldnt wear masks outside of work.
With about 60 people working there, of course as all in medical field, her reply was, "no debate in this office"
as expected.
I asked about patients, and she shared that earlier in the week, they had an irate patient who refused to wear a mask to enter the office or for the procedure scheduled...Even with dialogue, and of course a free mask.
She went on to share how combative he was that masks arent needed for the virus, or for any of the them in medicine.
"No one needs to wear a Mask! its Fake! I saw it on Fox!"
Thats the story shared.

Amazing...just Amazing.

#16955 3 years ago

Miami Dade ICUs are operating at 122% Capacity today.

#16978 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

We are not stopping this, we cannot stop this. This thing is ripping through the Nation, the World, right now, as was predicted late January.
Prophylactic measures like gloves and masks slow it down. It doesn't go away.
Masks and gloves, social distancing, negative- pressure air systems, these give us a sense of control. They only work if you live in a near social bubble.
The lid is off covid, it must run its course, with all of the implications. Mask-shaming is ridiculous in the larger picture.

Canada added 322 new cases, we had 65,000, yesterday.
Certainly even with issues with numbers debate, one can easily see the difference.

That difference has been effective leadership, supplies, and belief in Science and medicine.
Magic and Miracles, arent working right now, and that isnt always the best answer.

#17059 3 years ago

Heard through my brother, of a family friend in NY, 34, who recovered at the end of April, from a milder, flu like battle with Covid.
May and June, he is fine. Now, he had trouble breathing over the weekend.
Xrays showed scarring, like a smoker, or hazardous worker. They are checking out all his organs now.
He believes there is heart damage too. He gets winded, and chest pain from stairs, and his family shares, he is like an 80 year old wheezing right now.

Sure , its rare, but it is happening.

We still dont know so much.

#17104 3 years ago

Here you go:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/these-n95-masks-arent-likely-stop-coronavirus

The comments are the most entertaining.....High level discussions....

#17121 3 years ago

Only difference now, is we know the change of data flow could be subject to some scrubbing lower with an election.
Florida independent info sites are questioning feeds now, as flat numbers aren't matching words from direct hospital communication

#17175 3 years ago

South Florida operating at 140% occupancy in ICU.
State is asking for 2400 extra nurses as 51 Hospitals above 100%.

#17266 3 years ago
facebook_1595265738686_6691029468836867344_498372320632383 (resized).jpgfacebook_1595265738686_6691029468836867344_498372320632383 (resized).jpg
#17273 3 years ago

One reason, some feel as they do.

"The Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) said Saturday it will postpone and rework a segment it planned to air this weekend that suggested Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, was responsible for the creation of the coronavirus."

See if some of the stations they run, are what is in your personal viewing schedule.

#17475 3 years ago
#17489 3 years ago

54 Million People have filed for Unemployment, in less than 5 months.
Work force is 165 Million, including teens, part time by age, etc.

Math says roughly 30% Unemployed.
Official Govt Number is Only been 11%-13%, as the starting number is from the 2nd week of May, using paid claims.
Meaning Who was already getting paid by the end of April.

Look at this with todays GDP, closings, etc.....It is pretty Bad.

But Numbers are fudged, Trillions to Pump up the Dow, creating massive doubling of our debt, and all this is relatively
ignored by the needs of Politically focused media.

Does anyone believe in the next 3 months, we will see Any real numbers acknowledged?

#17537 3 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

And that happened worldwide. Man all the countries leaders around the world did terrible. Shame on them.

But its some tremendous differences. For Example, Canada contracted 8.2%, and Germany, 10.1%.
When you go across the board, the decisions made accounted for roughly a 3X PLUS WORSE Performance in the US,
Based on Management and Leadership.

#17557 3 years ago

Im Pissed. Florida is doing shit, except 4 straight days of record deaths.
We had 2 local hospitals in Central Florida run out of ICU beds.
My Niece, working in one, shares its like a war zone.....struggling every day.
She shares if the Public saw what she sees in one day, the country would be mortified.
Our Governor, caught in Politics is not doing much.
Locally, the news is still in the Disney Bubble......Dont say to much, or tourists wont come...WTF?
I turn on the News, and all I see is our govt ignoring, or blaming others.
Family and friends in teaching now have a rough idea of whats next, but no idea on PPE, or handling kids that
dont follow these barely there guidelines.
Behind the scenes, I am hearing from near the top, they expect the schools to stay open no more than 4-8 weeks.

We have the NBA in Orlando, but since they support a "Terrorist group" I saw cars today driving around with "Boycott the NBA",
chalked in on back car windows.....and here I thought cancel culture was a blame for politics on the left.
Marlins are looking gone for the season,but my baseball Family is angry at their support.
Whats left? Sports are now Bad, Hollywood, Movies, and TV are Bad, half the country is bad.....Where are we?
Who are we?

Sorry to rant, its just bizarre to me as we all look at this from the bubble of our home, and friends.

#17577 3 years ago

Anyone watching Precious Metals? Gold just under $2000 an Ounce, and silver at $24.50.
https://www.kitco.com/ is a good place for info and to track.

If anyone has any questions, other then where to sell, and predicting the market, feel free to PM for
a Bad "Professional" Opinion. (Almost 50 years in this)

Hard to say whats next....Hyperinflation?

#17584 3 years ago

Please, Lets hope this doesnt reach the top, Id to start arguing this one..........Gasoline disinfectant.

https://gizmodo.com/bad-advice-from-dictators-gasoline-edition-1844570731

#17595 3 years ago

"Arkansas governor says there is no correlation between Covid-19 spike and lifting of restrictions"

#17665 3 years ago

I feel that all schools will end up closing before Halloween.
I hope not, but thats what the messed up brain is thinking.....

#17677 3 years ago

From NBC News. While this is still uncommon, we dont know much at all.
There is concern on the brain after multiple infections related to different strains, long term affects of
the virus still growing inside children, and transmission info.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/08/06/covid-19-may-have-lasting-effects-on-some-childrens-brains/24584380/

Im not sure how much will trickle down into the general pediatric knowledge, but I am keeping a close eye on it, with my son starting back at Pediatrics in Orlando Hospital from Vanderbilt.

#17692 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

But are they sick? Or just tested positive?
LA shutting off water and power to people gathering in their homes in numbers not acceptable to..who? Who determined this number? Does it include everyone?
New York setting up roadblocks, papers please? Do the Regulations include everyone?
Unless you enjoy these sort of limitations on your God-given rights, move somewhere these restrictions are not in place.
Jennifer Aniston took a 5 million loss on real estate to get out as quick as possible. Joe Rogan moving from LA to Texas, you think these examples are singular, or becoming the norm?
Nobody can cut off my water or power, you can move and say the same thing. It's going to get worse Folks, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

None of this would be necessary, if Leadership did 2 things.

Tons of Masks, and Tons of Words, and Pictures saying "Wear a mask, or we will need to institute Policies"
At this time, there are many that believe Statues and Buildings are more important than American Lives.
(and Ive lost the 12th person I know, too young, IMO)

#17785 3 years ago

On Sturgis.....to me, its a shame, and a result again, of a lack of leadership.
I have no issue with Bikes, and Bikers. In fact, I manufactured ride bells for Sturgis for many years.
I found everyone reasonable, until recent politics.

What bothers me most is the news on Hair loss, like Chemo, happening for some recovered people.
There are also long term cognitive issues showing up even in asymptomatic people.
There is also the current studies showing "some" who are asymptomatic, or recovered having long term organ issues...
Brain, kidneys, liver, lungs....we just dont know yet.
(Although some still disagree with fighting herd immunity).

Viruses, Like Epstein-Barr, stay with you for life.
Spanish Flu is still here.
Yet Smallpox, we defeated after suffering "forever" trying Herd immunity.

This is a huge mess, and unless we have a vaccine or miracle, the half ass method of politicizing this for an election
is what gets to me.
We saw its ugly head again this weekend.

#17801 3 years ago
#17812 3 years ago

The Young lady who took the photo of the high school crowded hallway in Georgia, has been outed in Social Media.

She has been receiving Death and Rape threats now.

I cant imagine the position and mindset of people that think and behave this way.....

#17829 3 years ago

Another friend for me, we pray he will be all right.
Dr. Daniel C. LaVene is an ER Trauma Surgeon for 20 years in Sanford, and Tops out there.
Knocked out with Covid and Pneumonia.

I truly wish Non Maskers, would see the affect on our Hospitals, Doctors, and Nurses.

1 week later
#17998 3 years ago

Apparently Tires are the new covid?
Such an important use of time.

#18009 3 years ago

"My Pillow is filled with polyurethane foam. What makes it somewhat unique is that the foam is shredded into different sized pieces and shapes. Interestingly, this concept is not unlike a traditional buckwheat pillow that has been around for thousands of years."

I prefer Buckwheat, as it dissipates heat much better. Ive actually made my own pillow, to remove my need of a Cpap.

Memory foam lower, cut out groove for arm, then a layer of shredded polyurethane, like in my pillow, then a layer of Buckwheat.
My head and breathing angle now controlled with a pillow that holds its shape....

Anyone want to patent?

Covid....ICUs are still insane in Orlando. Cases down, but a reduction of up to 20% of testing, or results.
So cases are down half, and deaths staying around 200 a day.
Similar Madness in Texas, Georgia, and CA, I believe.

I think people are simply getting tired of the news. The sad part is the school system in Orange county is insane.
Family, and friends in teaching and Administration shared No hand sanitizer available for kids or teachers. Limited masks and PPE,
kids pulling down masks in class, every 5 minutes, and preventing effective teaching.
Mostly, I simply hear that the teachers are seriously scared
for the safety of themselves, and family, as well as all the children.

I would hope its better for others around the country.

#18060 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

More bad news..the arctic ice is melting fast and starting to have effects on the jet-stream. Now
new jet Streams in the northern hemisphere are starting to lock in permanent active weather patterns Around the word. drought, floods, wildfires, mostlyThe recent greenland ice Shelf melt is a prime example and constant flooding in Venice another. Massive hail damage in Alberta and
BC Canada battling big fires now.

One big part of all of this is changes in the Drake Passage.
Herss just one read:
https://projects.noc.ac.uk/drake-passage/

It is sensitive enough, to have an effect on much of our weather.....

#18068 3 years ago

My son shared this, and I just had a bad chuckle.

The Covid Case Race, Anime.

#18073 3 years ago

An Interesting Article on Hospital Funding during the Pandemic, and Reporting.
It should be an Open Article. It helps explain what our Florida Private, (Former Head of State Reporting) Rebecca Jones,
was discussing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/23/us/politics/coronavirus-data.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#18084 3 years ago

At Forbes, an Interesting Article on the Viruses Effect on Unemployment:

https://tinyurl.com/y5zgbcqo

#18094 3 years ago

Data is important. Data that is fabricated, is a Big Problem.

Recently, Plasma was mentioned as a tremendous breakthrough, saving "35 out of 100" patients"

Unfortunately, that turns out not to be in the FDA report, release letter, or Mayo clinic analysis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/health/fda-blood-plasma.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#18116 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

What is going to happen to HALLOWEEN?

Only Tricks! Do you think a Pandemic, a Hurricane, and Halloween is a Message?

#18117 3 years ago

Ofcourse thereis ano ther op in ion.

#18136 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I really don't understand the hate for Bill Gates. One of the few 1%-ers doing good work.

He disagrees with him, going back before Presidency on Closing the Internet, Global Warming, Endorsement......Not allowed.

#18141 3 years ago

Florida Department of Health claims number of COVID-19 cases in schools is confidential.
WTF!?!

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/08/28/florida-department-of-health-claims-number-of-covid-19-cases-in-schools-is-confidential/

Is this happening in your state?

Testing is down 8.75% Average, and up to 20% in others, in Free Testing availability.

#18147 3 years ago

A look into the Money side of the Virus,, in terms of Health Insurance, and Government Coverage.
Its really quite amazing, and ultimately how everyone could be effected.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/Covid-obamacare-uninsured.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#18157 3 years ago

Studies are going on across the planet, on cognitive issues developing in some children. Info is just beginning.

Heres Some Transmission info on Children:
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-children-covid-symptoms-virus-weeks.html

Will we be lucky, as some are saying again, that its over, dont look at "The man behind the curtain"?
Or is School openings, cool weather, and people laxing, going to haunt us again?

#18190 3 years ago

To our Doc, and others who are smart, is this a viable device, and what would one be checking for in relation to numbers, changes, and what they mean?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/13-device-helping-delhi-fight-coronavirus-200831100141489.html

#18204 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Even if Prez. told you it was safe to take?

1 Year after he takes it.....

#18224 3 years ago

A small point, I think we have not mentioned.....Wait for the Bill to come on all these additional Medical Costs.
If we dont see them yet in Taxes, we sure will, when it comes to Health Insurance renewals!
(Not to mention the doubling of our National Debt)

Of course, currently, 'someone' will be "blamed", and "shamed"

#18234 3 years ago

Just imagine how good things would be if we followed Canada!

#18251 3 years ago

New Position:

...new coronavirus adviser has questioned masks and alarmed government scientists.
Dr. Scott W. Atlas has argued that the science of mask wearing is uncertain, that children cannot pass on the coronavirus and that the role of the government is not to stamp out the virus but to protect its most vulnerable citizens as Covid-19 takes its course.

Ideas like these, both ideologically freighted and scientifically disputed, have propelled Dr. Atlas, a radiologist and senior fellow at Stanford University’s conservative Hoover Institution

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/world/covid-19-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage#link-727dab77

#18318 3 years ago

50,000 new cases yesterday.....Boy are we going to be pissed at the Bill, and New Insurance Costs!!!

#18467 3 years ago

I gotta rant.
I finally made it south, to my property for the first time this year, south of Sarasota.
I meet up with my neighbors. We lost one to Covid, the second may not make it...cancer first, just took a covid test today with that.
Surprise, my 2 neighbors one from PA, the other from Ohio. Separately, they both just arrived for the winter, and started to come close. I share about distancing, as I am high risk.
Replies..." Oh, you're one of "those" people that believe in masks!'
WTF!
Between Sinclair, and Newscorp, their news is all BS on this. For whom? One Persons Lies?

#18534 3 years ago

People will chose to believe what they wish. Facts, science, proof, right in front of people, hitting them on the head, and nothing will change.
I use to try....be it on the areas of a lifetime of critical study, business, or my personal involvement, (like John Titor ). We all can trick our minds into believing we are right, and not let any info in to change it.
Think of yourself posting here, how often have you believed strongly in something, and changed your position 180 degrees, because you gained new knowledge?

#18541 3 years ago

It isnt simply a matter of "acceptable" deaths vs Money/economy.

It is about the virus itself. We have so much unknown still.

Will it stay in you, even with no immediate symptoms and flair up later in life? Like Epstein Barr?
Will a second reinfection cause any additional changes?
Will children, if tied only to ACE2, suddenly be sick when they go through Puberty, or the bodies decline post 40 or 50. think shingles.
Well it sit silently in an organ and slowly eat it it up? See organ damage heart damage Covid examples....we arent looking at the recovered and healthy.
Will it mutate and become worse?

When we see some ratios of death population from Pandemics in the past, be it based on any Pathogen, we toss around 10%-80% death of a population.

Today, we have better science, more communication, better meds. Its a shame that a dismissal of whats happening, to basically "ignore it" by people all on their own or because of leadership examples, for politics, or money that persuade them?

Gosh, I hope we can eradicate this by vaccine, and none of the above becomes our new norm.
I think we will. I believe we will.

I simply hope people use this to reexamine many aspects of what is important, what we want for the future, and to explore as many areas of disagreeing
information as you have time to. Use this for everything....Politics, LEDs, Money.....Challenge yourself.....Be a Scientist.
For now, at the least, pretend to be a Doctor, and help save as many lives as you can. wear a mask.

#18698 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

More and more Interesting reports coming to the surface, more as time goes by...
https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-sweden-spared-surge-of-virus-cases-but-many-questions-remain/979a215f-66fe-4e14-8eab-15fd895946ee?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_3_sweden-spared-surge-of-virus-cases-but-many-questions-remain_210920
*extracted-
"A train pulls into the Odenplan subway station in central Stockholm, where morning commuters without masks get off or board before settling in to read their smartphones.
Whether on trains or trams, in supermarkets or shopping malls — places where face masks are commonly worn in much of the world — Swedes go about their lives without them.
When most of Europe locked down their populations early in the pandemic by closing schools, restaurants, gyms and even borders, Swedes kept enjoying many freedoms.
The relatively low-key strategy captured the world's attention, but at the same time it coincided with a per capita death rate that was much higher than in other Nordic countries.
Now, as infection numbers surge again in much of Europe, the country of 10 million people has some of the lowest numbers of new coronavirus cases - and only 14 virus patients in intensive care."

Stopping it spreading is looking very much like Doing the Wrong Thing. Vaccine now pointless more than it ever was, moreso now just dangerous and risky. It was just for $$ anyway, but there'll be too much "loss" to "give up" now, hey.
Wasted resources and money, that's where aids and cold vaccines seem go. Now there's probably more to fear from Cv19 Vaccine mutated combinations killing people, than there is from the actual virus. Wake up people, for goodness sake...

Data:
https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/sweden?country=SWE~ESP~USA~GBR~VEN~MEX~NLD~KOR~ISR~ITA~IND~FRA

#18801 3 years ago

A friend of the family, a leading ER Trauma Surgeon here, has been recovering from Covid now for some 6-8 weeks.
Thats the good news. The bad news, is he is showing large scarring of his lungs.
It is effecting every aspect of his life and job, having breathing issues.

A living example, of a Doctor, and why catching this virus, and recovering, isnt a slam dunk, or "very few people" affected,
or to ignore science and medicine for the sake of short term money.

In hearing more about his situation, and the 2 nurses, and 3 doctors on one side of the family, was eye opening today,
as to what they are experiencing in Central Florida, and in Cleveland.

Other Family in Indiana and Kentucky, are sharing their surges, and I also heard from friends and family in India
that are freaking out at the explosive rates there. In the rural parts, elderly are dying and being cremated, without the data,
or testing, to add to the numbers.

Its a shame the approach today, is to "ignore it", in the game of politics.

After a morning of emails and phone calls, my head hurts that the input happened all at once, and now have 16 seniors, that have passed on from the virus.

#18815 3 years ago

As shared, DeSantis opens All Bars and Restaurants.
From Orlando Hospital Covid Ward Doctors and nurses, "WTF!!"

#18823 3 years ago

"There were 55,054 new coronavirus cases reported across the United States on Friday, according to Johns Hopkins University.

That’s the highest single-day reporting of new cases since August 14, when the US reported 64,350 new cases in 24 hours."

Here we go again. Square Peg, round hole, we keep doing the same mistakes.....

#18827 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I saw this on Reddit:[quoted image]

And each "plague" we had, brought different results. The Plague of Justinian, (541-549) mentioned above, so devastated society,
that the major changes in religion occurred. Islam, and the final push of Christianity, cemented a new direction we are still
addressing today. Serapis, Mithra, Zoroastrian, Druze, to name a few, all dwindled to minimums, or disappeared.

Will we have a cultural or spiritual change from this?

#18882 3 years ago

South Park Was at the Denver Game wearing Masks.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/us/south-park-denver-broncos-trnd/index.html

Tune in Wednesday Night!

#18893 3 years ago

130 Million Rapid tests being distributed!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/politics/donald-trump-tests-coronavirus/index.html

I thought leadership decided this was over? No masks Needed? Open 100% the restaurants and bars in Florida!

#18896 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I hope they do as I'll be there in a few weeks. Been enjoying restaurants and bars in Indiana and Ohio for months. Nevada too although there were restrictions at bars.
Those who don't want to go to these places can choose not to. No arm-twisters seen at any of the Las Vegas and Reno casinos and they are pretty busy.

Except for the people that live and work in Florida, that support their lives with tourists that might bring the virus, and infect people.
If Opened in areas of low numbers, and minimal travel, Id agree with you.

Sure, I dont have to go to bars and restaurants, but our friend in the ICU this week was likely infected by a tourist at the gardens she worked at with my wife.

Your vacation, our pain....

#18915 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Unfortunately, this is very true.
The USA leads the world in cases (7,410,724), which is about 20% of the world's cases,
210,867 deaths (also about 20%), and we have a whopping 4,578 new cases.
People seem to be getting EXTREMELY lax and careless these days, with many focusing on politics and sports as distractions. Gatherings are increasing everywhere and will continue to do so in the holiday season. My area is downright scary with people simply not caring.
I hate to say it, but all the news of the 'second wave' wouldn't surprise me at all.

Orlando, with Restaurants and theme parks open, is a Powder Keg, IMO.
Areas around the country, that have minimal flow of Tourists, should handle this better.
Our county and hospital numbers bare out the difference in the Tourist side of Town, vs the areas that arent visited.

Disneys layoffs have started across the board.....even affecting Marvel offices in NY.

#18925 3 years ago

Our state, Florida, with Disney layoffs, and airline layoffs, is letting eviction protection expire.
I dont have the answer, but its politics putting the wealthy real estate owners over the working class.
I simply can't believe how much ass kissing for political gain we have right in front of our eyes.

#19017 3 years ago

So this should be a wake up call, that the virus is real, and not a lie.
That anyone can get it, and it can kill.

Instead, it is now overwhelmingly, still the same, a Lie and a Hoax,and was NOW used as a political weapon.

Can people stop with the overwhelming, "I dont understand it, so it must be a Conspiracy, Lie, or Ancient Aliens!?"

#19035 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are simply too dug in now. Being “right” has become much more important than fighting the pandemic.
There will be no “come to Jesus” moment.
No attitudes will change. You won’t suddenly see the “mask hoax” crowd get religion. You won’t even see a change in messaging from the politicians who are responsible for the split in opinion on following science vs following Sean hannity - the same people who are now testing positive due to their denial and lax attitudes.
When you’ve spent months trashing Fauci, flouting masks, making fun of mask wearers....how do you change course? When your identity has been so tied up into this line of thinking for 7 months, how do you change your thinking?
Chris Christie just announced he’s positive.

All Fair Points. I guess I wake up each morning with "Hope".

#19072 3 years ago

Just imagine where we would be of all our leaders started wearing masks in February,
and sent N95 to All Americans starting March 1st.
Total cost from then till now, less than $200 per person.

#19087 3 years ago

See the Crimson project/reportdt leaked in Dec 2019. It helps understand what happened to our pandemic plans, should one happen. Commissioned by current administration.
See Cornell University study last week on 36 million pieces of info analayzed on covid.
Sure, 100% compliance cannot be garunteed. But we have an overwhelming
Incorrect method of logic that states anything less than 100%, is a failure of point of contention.
Often this is a method in straw man arguements.

#19158 3 years ago

CDC denied any effort to Contact trace Covid at the White House.
Might be liability concerns on the "timeline" of infection and knowledge,
especially with legal precedent with aids.

But whats bothered me, as repeated by Rebecca Jones in Florida, former head of state data, is that the switch
to TeleTracking Corp., not only made hospital info useless, but also shared info that seemed to contradict info coming from
Hospital staff direct. Many articles use lower case "teletracking" as it sounds like a technic, rather than a corp.
NPR did some research, on this apparent No Bid Contract change seen, after the "if we cut testing" statement.

"Temple-Raston and Mak note that NPR found that TeleTracking CEO Michael Zamagias "had links to the New York real estate world — and in particular, a firm that financed billions of dollars in projects with the Trump Organization."

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/06/irregularities-found-in-trump-administrations-contract-for-company-used-to-collect-covid-19-data_partner/

Today, thanks to where we are, we are being informed today of this:

Trump tweeted falsely that "in most populations" Covid-19 was "far less lethal" than flu.

The purpose of this, is another line in the sand, that becomes fodder for our debate and discussion here, the fragmentation and stress on families and societies, as this virus and "take off your mask" is now re-presented for debate from the top.

I cant imagine the situation inside......

#19162 3 years ago

We are basically here..... Covid is defeated! I survived Covid, and All I got was this Lousy $125 Coin. Free shipping!
Get yours today!

#19189 3 years ago

Im waiting for someone to do a Covid retheme of a Pinball.

Mask Multiball
Light PPE ramp
Quarantine Jackpot
Avoid the Covid Virus shots when lit
Social Media Frenzy

#19231 3 years ago

For me, Whether its Covid, Politics, Religion, Life, Science, those friends and family that can entertain a discussion they disagree
with has been much more of a challenge recently.
If we stay on one topic, share our views, research our differences, try to discuss our views by taking the opposite view we believe, it becomes a learning experience for both.
When its "Im right, you're Wrong", and the facts cant be discussed or agreed on, it is a conversation of futility.

On many things, Its great to change my mind or view, after learning more than I knew before.
For others, learning something new, is of no interest.

Try a roundtable with religious leaders using the original Greek..Sometimes, it works, sometimes minds and ears are closed.
Anthropology, Archeology, Medicine...it doesnt matter.

Some are simply resistant to increasing their knowledge, changing a view, or are hung up on creating "absolutes" from written words....

385 posts in this topic match your search for posts by OLDPINGUY. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.