272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

508 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Jaybird815. You are on page 1 of 3.
#70 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So we shut down the entire US over 200 deaths?

C’mon man, you know it’s serious if the Republicans and Democrats are agreeing on everything, which I think is highly commendable on both sides.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah they have been reporting that we are seeing a big uptick in the number of young people needing hospitalization lately.

Any of the spring breakers should go to the back of the line for any medical equipment.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

They/he should. Not enough tests, swabs, masks, ventilators or protective gear. The US is already behind the 8 ball on this thing.

My guess is that it will be announced once plants are ready, takes time to convert from Mustangs to ventilators.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Didn't know you could fit the Stanley Cup in a pkg of Tp[quoted image]

I’m guessing it won’t be found in Canada.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just leaving work and wanted to bring a little good news on our local food supply situation. Was told to be prepared for long days starting Monday. Our supplier said they will be back to delivering full loads again. Production has been ramped up so shouldn’t be a lot of food shortages going forward. Keep in mind it will take a couple days to get stores restocked. No need to panic buy every damn thing in the stores.

You guys working the grocery stores are pretty much heroes, you couldn’t pay me enough to be doing what you folks are doing, Thank you!

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Lineup at one of the unemployment offices before opening in Saskatoon, SK this morning[quoted image]

That’s crazy, can’t this be done online?

#319 4 years ago

It’s official, Illinois now on shelter in place until April 7th

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Good thing they legalize pot.

First thing I “hoarded”.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wait...WHAT?!?!
Best news of the week! Holy shit I'm ecstatic!

What up Gryszz! You were ahead of the curve at the LAX show, people walking by getting a couple of squirts while you were playing, that shit cracked me up.

7298F133-4A2D-4AAA-A759-FFAADFDA91A2 (resized).jpeg7298F133-4A2D-4AAA-A759-FFAADFDA91A2 (resized).jpeg
#360 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

OK, rant post from of an average grocery store associate.
First let me say yesterday was a calm peaceful day, no panic buyers and at times there were only a few people in each isle. Then yesterday evening Gov Wolf (PA) doubled down and restated that all non life essential businesses will be closed for the second time but with more restrictions.
So today was another madhouse day. About 200 people an hour through our doors. Store was packed and personal space for customers and employees where thrown out the window.
I was lucky to have had other duties to take care of in the back room for first couple of hours. Then out on the floor. Today we had many more customers wearing masks and over half wearing gloves. But there are still many carefree people that just don't get it yet. About halfway through my day I'm leaning over pulling something out of a cart. Some guy comes up to me and leans over about a foot from my face. He's holding a tub of cream cheese and asks me if I had any with pineapple in the back. 50% of our shelves are completely emptied. How stupid do you have to be to figure out if it's not on the self we don't have it. Don't bother asking. Now when he says the word PINEAPPLE I can feel the spray of his spit hitting my face and my lips. I force an exhale and calmly tell him no. Then quickly head to the backroom where I have a some sanitizer wipes and scrub my face and mouth off with them. Let me tell you, those lemon sent sanitizer wipes don't taste anything like lemons. Meanwhile I'm thinking the whole time You M-Fing SOB!! This is how this chit gets spread. If you have it I now have it also. I just can't believe these idiots in the stores. I'm 52, smoked for 15 years before I quit. Worst case that could happen is this idiot could have just killed me all because he wanted pineapple flavored cream cheese. People, please keep your distance from the workers. I have the weekend off then back on Monday. Found a pack of 5 R95 masks and will be wearing them from now on. Rant over.

You guys should be getting some big time hazard pay.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I Iook like the hunchback of ND drivin the Indy 500 but at at every lap stopped at the drive thru. Ffs I don't like that pic.
Thank you, be safe, drive thru.

I loved you in that movie.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The USA dropped the ball and has a very stupid population.

My guess is that when this is all said and done, our numbers will be in between China’s and Italy’s.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I wish I shared that view. Excluding the one day when China changed their criteria of what counts as a case, they didn't have a single day with as many new cases as we have today and we're just getting started. We might have less deaths, but not less overall cases.

China quarantined at more or less gunpoint, it’s definitely a trade off I’ll take.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why bother? Would have to be at Least two weeks for it to matter.
I think it should happen. But I doubt it does. Americans just don’t like being told what to do even when it’s life and death.

If they were to do it, it’d have to be at least 2 weeks or it’s pointless, IMO

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Don’t forget ignorant, entitled, obese, diabetic, opioid addicted, alcoholic and anti-intellectual. Oh, and mostly no savings. Perfect recipe for a beautiful cure and recovery. Now, where’s that website?
You guys hear about that large NJ family that had a family dinner and now 4 of them are dead and 3 more have it? Some in critical condition? That’s a tough break.

Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand-Holier than thou Metallica Black Album

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two more gardening services showed up today. One is roaring their equipment now.
No comprende coronavirus.

But I bet that shit looks nice as they’re choking to death inside.

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Axe throwing has gotten popular here in the midwest in the last couple years. I don't really get it, but I hear a lot of people talking about it.

Red Neck darts

#807 4 years ago

Good thing the corona threads were consolidated to keep the politics talk in check.

#848 4 years ago

I just got a super jackpot in T Rex multi ball on JP and screamed like a school girl, oh wait, this isn’t the confessional thread.

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jaybird ...mannn....we had the greatest time hangin at LAX did we not? Really lookin forward to partyin with ya again bruh.
Sell me that BSD!

Actually it’s almost done, and getting ready to sell, I’d deliver it you on the cheap

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

multi ball?? are you crazy?..i heard from the guy who plows dennis nordmans driveway that this will spread this virus...only one ball games!

That’s nuts!

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Did I tell you somebody 2 rooms down found bedbugs in their room?! The Louisville Ramada makes Motel 6 look like the Broadmoor. I never found any, but sanitized everything anyway.

Lol, I could tell by the smell, I woke up not knowing where I was, and looked over and saw a handsome man, and then throttled down on the V8, haven’t left the home since.

#905 4 years ago

I blew it after that

Seems to be your m.o.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

These must be the dumbest gangs ever.
What are you gonna get, a grocery cart? A quarter?

Haha, when we were young we’d throw a ratchet strap around the shitters and then tip em over on the shit talking punks.

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I noticed this too. KFC tastes almost synthetic. Can’t put my finger on it. Go with Church’s or Popeyes.

Chick-fil-A spicy deluxe is the best.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll stick with street tacos, thank you very much.

I just had delicious tacos dropped at my door, paid and tipped in advance, I’m pretty sure this is the new norm, rang my doorbell and left, I promptly cloroxed everything.

#1116 4 years ago

I’m not really seeing how these soft shutdowns are going to be effective, relying on the public to do the right thing is pretty foolhardy. And they are considering GameStop as an essential business, WTF.

#1139 4 years ago

Just a thought, I wonder if the Europeans will stop with all the kissing on the cheeks after this is over.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wonderful.
So when this is all over the only people left will be Eagles fans!

God I hope not, if that’s the case just give me the virus and be done with it.

#1261 4 years ago

I wish I was my dog right about now, not a care in the world.

B90D4C73-BCD8-4E58-99F1-B34663696B8A (resized).jpegB90D4C73-BCD8-4E58-99F1-B34663696B8A (resized).jpeg
#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Harbor freight donating their PPE stock to hospitals

Ironic, everything at HF is made in China.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I must be a dog then. Woof woof.

In more ways then one, I’m guessing.

#1349 4 years ago

Every one should go out and get a bidet, if your talented enough you can even even take a sip after your cleaned up.

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It’s a negative connotation and you know it.

Is German, Irish, Mexican, Polish? Shit makes no sense to me.

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

President is still saying “the Chinese virus”.

It’s unfortunate, and childish, he only does it to get a rise, but I’m still not understanding how being called your nationality is deemed offensive.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The intent is malicious and meant to place blame. I hope you folks who can’t understand this don’t ever need a Chinese ventilator that you can’t get because of this dumb shi*

Ventilators are coming, but this plays right into the view points of a lot of “us folks”, we need to get off of Chinese dependence.

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Let’s fight that battle after the pandemic is over. If Americans die because of that cheap shot, that’s just stupid.

Agreed brother!

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Just got done looking back at some of his posts that have aged like milk. Like bragging about buying Apple stock at $256, while it trades at $229 today. He's probably not quite so arrogant today, which is why he disappeared.

I believe he was moderated, I saw him on another thread today.

#1439 4 years ago

Karma=Weinstein

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Kung-flu” is the proper nomenclature, dude.

Ok now that made me laugh.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think Americans all agree that the highest priority right now is saving the cruise lines.

I’ve never been nor have ever wanted to go on a cruise.

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was hard enough watching The Love Boat.

That’s what she said

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hey has anyone heard from Travish? He thought he may have the virus but everyone piled on him and he didn't come back and say he's okay.

I felt bad for him, but a lot of it was self inflicted, someone should shoot him a PM.

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Hahaha!

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The biggest danger for me right now is that my head is going to explode watching these press conferences.[quoted image]

I try and take a break from it, insane Jaybird=prison.

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

It’s Captain Gryszzz Stubing!

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

First mistake: shortcut Taken to true destination put me in my wife’s path.
Second mistake: agreeing to let her cut my hair[quoted image]

In her defense, theres not much to work with.

#1487 4 years ago

On the bright side it’s officially spring in Northern Illinois

C6222434-B6AB-4118-B534-7092F5344CCA (resized).jpegC6222434-B6AB-4118-B534-7092F5344CCA (resized).jpeg
#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

He’s stated before that he’s working on solutions and doesn’t need to be at every press conference. He will be back.

Yes, hopefully he’s doing more fruitful things than doing every press conference.

#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The airlines I understand. We actually NEED them.
The cruise lines?! Who gives a fuck. They don’t even fly American flags because they don’t want to pay taxes.

Buy em all for pennies on the dollar and convert them to floating hospitals, the cruise industry will be the hardest hit out of this. Who the hells going to want to float around on a Petri dish right after this mess.

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm guessing they don't want different sectors of the economy to fail and drag down the whole. You'd have a rise in unemployment and truthfully I think they said it's really big business. I don't know as I've never been interested, now were it a fishing trip to Alaska.....I'm in.

It’s going to be a tough sell to cram 1000s of people on a boat for awhile.

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ehh... free alcohol will get it done...

Probably right, but it’s going to be rough seas ahead for that industry.

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Some people just can't keep politics out of pinside. People like him (not you but the one you are getting at) are why I hardly spend time on here anymore.

I don’t know, if you’ve read the last few pages of this thread, you’d see that yes there’s some political undertones, but people are just getting shit off their chests, disagreeing and moving on, pretty civil under the current circumstances if you ask me.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

It is REALLY hard to feel sorry for the airline industry considering how they have treated customers so bad for so long.
Reducing seat sizes, excess baggage fees, etc..
In liken it to try to feel sorry for a bank robber who broke his leg.

The problem with the airline industry is they just did a collective buy back of stocks of like $45 billion, they’re in trouble. They will need a bailout though, unfortunately. The industry is a needed one.

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not so bad eh?[quoted image]

I’d probably go with McLuvins beaver skin idea

#1542 4 years ago

It’s definitely the apocalypse, my wife just cooked dinner.

#1550 4 years ago

So, with all due respect, you do know that breast feeding is natural and free and the BEST lifetime boost to the immune system ever?

In almost all cases formula is definitely not a necessity.

#1578 4 years ago
3A40B8D4-2633-47AE-9C3C-0F3BEF35EDA7 (resized).png3A40B8D4-2633-47AE-9C3C-0F3BEF35EDA7 (resized).png
#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

True, but women who have stopped breastfeeding have a hard time restarting or making enough for an older baby. Need formula.

Understood, but why any healthy/capable women doesn’t it is a head scratcher, basically free and healthier.

#1590 4 years ago

Unfortunate and childish. Or petty. Two/three words you don’t want associated with ultimate leadership.
In the HISTORY of this GREAT nation- or let’s stay 100 years - how many times have we had to even entertain this folly?
How is this good? WhY is this good? I’m serious. I entreat you. I BEG you. Why is this good? How does this help? What the FUCK is going on here?

Agree with you on the strong leadership, but I BEG you to explain how all the bashing and anger is going to do any good now.

#1601 4 years ago

O.M.G. Thank you! The LEADER of the free world shouldn’t be a sycophant to “previous standards” in a global FREAKING catastrophe.
Show some freaking SACK. Show freaking LEADERSHIP! You know, like Washington or Lincoln or Roosevelt. Like true freaking leaders! In crisis! You buffoon!
This was an OPPORTUNITY clown shoes. Not an excuse to deflect and rationalize.
ASShOLE LOSER FUCKHEAD!

Are you still salty about the Niners gettin beat down in the Super Bowl?

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They make all the medical supplies

There in lies the problem.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

sure, keep spinning it and denying the reality of 'why'. Anything to avoid the truth.

The truth is this started in China, spin it however you want but that is fact.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

In 48hrs New Zealand is in total lockdown for 4 weeks

Damn, I’m hoping they do something similar here, this half ass shut down isn’t going to cut it.

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wow the apologetic excuses for racism coming out of the woodwork around here.

Facts are not racist, they’re just facts.

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

What side are you on?- due to amount of division you are instigating yourself I am a little confused.
I side with USA- China made this hell on earth with their incompetence.

It’s amazing that progressive thinkers are defending the most oppressive form of government on earth.

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Guys you are imploding on the internet what chance has America got. China will win. I just hope us Aussies do not turn on each other also but i think we will. Also remember facts The Spanish Flu originated from a military base in Kansas. America dropped 2 big bombs on Japan so come on stop who did this who did that crap. It happened move on and fight it together.

Agreed, this is uncharted territory, a lot of people are pent up for the first time, I cut everyone slack now, the world will pull through this, and hopefully wiser.

#1659 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's really not a bad idea but I just don't think it'll happen.
It really would work if people didn't drag beefs across thread lines but I have a feeling many here couldn't handle that.

Levi hates crossbeefers!!

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That is a consequence of the medical infrastructure being completely overwhelmed, and it is the scenario that is trying to be prevented here with all these lockdown orders.

This is exactly why I think these soft lock downs are a poor choice, you can’t rely on the public doing the right thing, for a myriad of reasons. It’s a trade off for sure.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Someone had a corona party down the street from me this weekend...pissed a lot of people off.

They need to start severely punishing/fining these idiots or it will never cease.

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really don’t know why this is all happening.
Is it the 2 months of denial / “this is no big deal” we were subjected to from so many sources?
Is it 250 years of “don’t tread on me” culture that has defiance built into the American psyche?
Are we simply dumber than ever?
I really have no idea. All I know is we look like a nation of Fn morons and it’s quite embarrassing and depressing. I’m losing faith that people will behave. It seriously might take military intervention.

I’ve said over and over to trust the public to do the right thing is a huge mistake.

#1913 4 years ago

Everyone needs to get passed the blame game, it does absolutely no good. They’ll be plenty of time for that after this passes.

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I strongly disagree.
We need to have someone in a leadership position who can handle the job.

Put in Mike Pence.I have 100x more faith in his leadership during this time.
Trump is incapable of handling something serious where potentially millions of lives are at stake.
Sure it was great when you had a Jackass braying up there and the Stock Market was soaring, but now ALL OF THOSE GAINS are gone.
If you watch 5 minutes of any Press Conference in the last 1.5 months, that is obviously clear to anyone who isn't still a part of The Cult.
I didn't vote for Trump, but I kept hoping that he'd rise up to meet the challenges of the job. HE HASN'T CHANGED A BIT. He's still the same unapologetic liar, who cares for nobody but himself and his gigantic ego, that he was when he was a GAME SHOW HOST and a real-estate investor.
Now where did I put my TDS prescription pills...[quoted image]

My point being is that yours, mine and anybody’s opinions at this time have no real value now, everyone is this thread has rehashed their opinions to death and nothing really constructive comes from it. No matter how angry people get it’s not going to change a damn thing as it pertains to the current situation.

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good morning gentlemen. Did you all sleep well? I certainly did.
Did I miss anything so far?

Good morning Odin, Hows the JD stash holding up?

#1939 4 years ago

I’m glad the owner of our company is a sensible man, yes I’m still working, in isolation. He’s only allowing 1 person to work in the office and 1 person in the shop, at our other facility.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's coming. Get ready.
This...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
==================================
Will lead to this:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
=================================
For anyone who thinks this cannot happen here, let's talk about New Orleans after Katrina.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately with the lack of discipline here, you’re probably not far off.

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

On a pinball note, I had a pretty decent game on LOTR last night, destroyed the ring, got three gifts from the elves and was about to start TABA when I drained ball 3. Ooooooh, I was not happy....

Hey Doc, how you holding up? You guys are a special breed and just want to say thank you for all you and your colleagues are doing.

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Thanks! I’m doing ok, our clinic has shifted to sick visits only. I’m expecting a surge in patients this week or early next week here in Texas.

Everything I’ve been reading is saying this week is when it is really going to get bad, stay safe and best wishes.

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Guaranteed to dimple upon first use.

I believe it’s officially called cratering now.

#1980 4 years ago

Thanks Chad, I was just going to go look for info on proper glove removal.

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I second this if Florida doesnt implode itself before then.

Florida is always the state that others look to in a time of crisis. Sorry, couldn’t resist.

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

DeSantis says New Yorkers are fleeing to Florida.

All the more reason to lock it down there, if true.

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

I believe the Dr in this thread, explained you have to take in small dose over a few days, otherwise it can be lethal.

#2102 4 years ago

Fun fact- The Spanish flu started in Spanish Harlem

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Fun fact, Spanish Eyes was originally going to be called Spanish Flu.

Fun fact- I just had Spanish rice with my chicken and it was delicious.

#2115 4 years ago

Fun fact- I once took Spanish fly and banged a Spanish hooker while jamming Spanish Lullaby

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well....don't leave us hangin'; what was his name?!

Ramon

#2143 4 years ago

Coroners report better list cause of death as stupidity

#2194 4 years ago

I’m deemed essential as well, hell so is GameStop, economy is not getting nearly as crushed as people are thinking, but that can change quickly.

#2202 4 years ago

Come to think of it, this is the first time in my life I’ve been deemed essential.

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Did everyone miss the Memo? This thing don't just kill the Grandparents. With this reasoning Grandparents will be the only ones alive in 6 Months.

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:Ohio started their two week lockdown at midnight last night. On my way home from work this morning there were cars out the ass on the roads. So much for Ohio's lockdown I guess. Businesses are thumbing their noses at the governors lockdown looks like.

It’s pretty much the same in Illinois, if there’s no enforcement not much will change.

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There are way too many exemptions of the list of people allowed to stay open. Big businesses are pushing their suppliers to stay open, and some have questionable motives. Once a big chain store like Ace is allowed to be open for necessities, they push every supplier of theirs to stay open, which pushes everyone down the chain open. The cardboard box manufacturer, the truck driver, the wood skid manufacturer, the packaging plastic manufacturer, the product label manufacturer, forklift repair, etc. So now pretty much everyone is open. I hardly saw any businesses closed yesterday on my way home from work. Even the lawnmower repair place was business as usual.
A friend of mine works in the oil/air filter biz, and the big fire truck manufacturers and everyone else you can think of that uses their oil and air filters sent out pretty much the same letter.
All we are doing is allowing this to blow up worse than it needs to be. Are there that many cities out there that will be at deaths door if their new Pierce fire truck is delivered 2-3 weeks later than estimated?

Exactly, GameStop is deemed essential, Haha.

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Not any more. The governor of PA pulled their PA business license and they wound up closing all US stores at that time.

Good to hear, I was just reading that the employees at Michaels up here, the craft store, are complaining because they are open.

#2277 4 years ago

One positive thing I did notice is that the gas station and grocery store in town put x’s on the floor 6 ft apart in the cashier lines and people were using them.

#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What's your source for 22 million dead in China? The official site says 3277. Don't spread conspiracy theories here, please.

22 million is definitely a exaggeration, but so is 3277, don’t put any stock in these numbers coming out if China.

#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I lost the first person I know today that dies from the Virus in NY.
Guys in New York, should you seriously think about heading out of town somewhere safer
with Friends and Family?

Shelter in place, don’t spread it to less affected areas. Sorry to hear about your friend.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Man...this thread is a SHIT SHOW.

Welcome!

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fk it.[quoted image]

Is that a leaf blower I hear in the background?

#2624 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Shit! Not what you want to see after a long ass day. Things are more bleak than I thought.[quoted image]

Deemed essential in Illinois

#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sorry my ignorance but can't you get goods delivered thru the mail?

It depends which state you live in.

#2647 4 years ago

BACK TO YOU COTTON

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Then why are we bothering to import 80% of what we need?

Hopefully things are learned from this fiasco.

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I’m low on cocaine as well

That shit ain’t made in China

#2675 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can't get their smog check, can't get their registration, can't drive.

I just heard they’re converting emission check facilities here to drive thru Covid testing for first responders, healthcare workers and heavy symptoms cases, pretty good plan, as they are pretty well set up for such a thing.

#2682 4 years ago

There’s no shortage of those in the world.

#2684 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well it is just weird.
I am having a group email that is including, Australia, England, Germany, and 3 different US States,
Australia and England mentioned Suicide increases, England doesnt recall, Australia is an officer stating experience. Then Trump stated same today.
I find it uncanny.

There was a lot of suicides before this all started, We’d have to see concrete numbers before any conclusions could be made.

#2690 4 years ago

Sorry about the huge url

#2765 4 years ago

Prince Charles tests positive for Coronavirus

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Aren’t you guys tired of posting about this yet?...

I’m just here for the Levi and RWH back and forth.

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You had no point, nothing funny about him losing his life.

I honestly don’t think he was making light of the kids death, more trying to make the point of money/economy being more important than lives.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Really???????? I can't fathom your thoughts, did you find that funny?????

No, not at all, I just think you may have missed the point he was trying to make, and I never said I agreed/disagreed one way or the other

#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No there was no point and to pretend there was is very sad and says a lot about who we are.

Again I never said I agreed/disagreed with his statement, just that I understood the point he was trying to make.

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:They are obviously smarter than the prior generation.

Or have less money, I still prefer to go into a brick and mortar even if I know I’ll pay a few dollars more

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And have less money. But I have learned way more from them than I ever did any GenX.
All they want to teach me is what happened in the 1980s like I didn't already live thru it.

Haha , the only thing I’ve learned from them is don’t hire them

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

700 posts in 24 hours. This thread is on fire!
I’ve noticed that I can’t even keep up. I have to skip hundreds of posts each time I check the thread.

And amazingly there has been no political talk!

#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just don't like to start drinking too early in the day.

Where’s Gryszz to slap some sense into ya!

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Would you though? Would you REALLY?!?![quoted image]

I saw all the political talk in this thread and I ran. I ran so far away.

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Have you ever had the desire to really beat someone's ass.

On a daily basis.

#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Meanwhile Pinside nerds claiming they beat people daily on Coronavirus threads[quoted image]

Paging oneangrymo!

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Never did get an update on his Pinside ass-kicking tour.

last I heard he was 0-12

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But...is anyone even testing in the bulk of Africa? You notice that there ARE cases in South Africa and Egypt where it makes sense they'd be testing...

Also the lesser developed countries don’t have the international business that helps spread this around

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The EDD just sent me a message that I will not be required to look for work during this period of unemployment, but that I must be ready and willing to accept work.
Wonder what kind of work they have in mind.

Grave digger

#3617 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The crazy thing is the incubation time for this is up to 14 days, so you won't see any change in the exponential growth for up to 14 days once you put stay-at-home in place. So we won't see any curves flatten for a while. WE WAITED TOO LONG TO LOCK DOWN.

I wouldn’t exactly call this a lock down.

#3663 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Anyone still believe China's numbers?

About as much as N Korea or Russia

#3665 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, we finally passed China up in something.

What’s on the stereo tonight Odin? I’m rolling outlaw country which usually isn’t in my wheelhouse, I’m feeling a little Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound, I guess.

#3672 4 years ago

I just told my oldest daughter that she’d be getting $600 a week on top of her state, her reply “So this is why people stay on welfare”

#3688 4 years ago

You’ve got a serious hard on for trying to describe “how to shut things down”...when the only real answer is totally. Any deviation from that is risky. So, what is your point exactly? That a shut down hurts the economy? Ok. Granted. That people are going to suffer economically? Yup. That “we can’t shut down everything!”. Clearly.
Dude, what’s your point? We need a major shut down. If you want to be a part of the decision about how it gets done, then run for office. And if you get there, actually make an informed, educated decision. And don’t wait.
Every activity that opens up the populace and economy right now, spells disaster for the future economy. Do you get that?

Very few times do I agree with you, but this definitely one of them, If they would’ve given a few days notice and then did a total shut down, we’d be about ready to emerge from this mess.

#3696 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Speaking of which...does Russia not like pinball? Do we not have any Russian pinsiders?

Funny, I had the same thought typing that.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You'll have every connector done with days or months to spare at this rate.
Think I'll crack a beer and BBQ chicken now.
My buddy Bob just stopped by and he said the grocery stores are getting back to normal. I may have to visit one next week. And this is the longest time I've gone without a shave since I was 14.

Quality prime beef on the cheap right now around here, restaurants ain’t buying much now, freezers full, going to need something to barter for the tp.

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Cheesecake Factory took that into their own hands and said they weren't paying rent at any of their locations for April. Curious to see how that plays out.

Pork belly up, I’m guessing, probably in trouble before this.

#3753 4 years ago

Cuomo’s been impressive.

#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Isn't going out for fast food a little like Russian roulette right now, even worse in weeks to come?

It’s been Russian roulette long before Covid

#3771 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Quarantine day 3: My mom is in a nursing home, so I can only call her. My girlfriend works in a nursing home, so she doesn’t want me out and about, otherwise no getting together and sexy time.
I’m in the north woods, and have a family of deer that come by, so trying to decide which one I like the least.
Also, today, I learned birds don’t pee.
Edit: isolation, not quarantine.

She should be the one in quarantine so you can be alone with your Big Daddy

#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That place is cranking! I drove over a curb and lost a hubcap to get that pic. lol.
Little Caesars is still cruising too, but it is not rush hour yet. Wait until the sun goes down.[quoted image]

Screw Caesar’s, I’m going to flame broiler

#3792 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

When pork gets cheap enough, they will...

How much cheaper can it get?

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't know, but I've read that when it hit's a certain price point, that's when they bring McRibs back.

Interesting

#3798 4 years ago

Thanks Blitzburgh, now I want something I can’t have, story of my life.

#3802 4 years ago

Fat=Flavor

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

the nights still young

Nows the time

#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m gonna pack 2 rants into one post.
It bugs me that people are making a big deal of the fact that the US has a few hundred more infections than a country that’s 5 times smaller. We may get to #1 on a per-capita basis, but we’re a long way from there right now,
It annoys me that the statistics are focused on states (like GA) instead of big cities (like Atlanta). All of the metrics should be laser-focused on the top 50 US markets: Chicago, Atlanta, LA, Boston, etc. Yes I’m happy for the folks in small towns who have zero infections. Here in ATL and NYC we have real problems.

Surprisingly Chicago seems to be in the best shape of all the urban areas, of course that can change, but Illinois was one of the first states to put the clamps down.

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Keep an eye on those new fruit trees.. Might want to think about throwing some chicken wire or predator piss around them. Otherwise those deer will likely eat the buds and kill the trees. At least that’s what happened to mine.

A decent canine will suffice.

#3832 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like I was saying, this is worse than 9/11.
I was here for that too. This is just as strange.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/nyc-doctors-say-coronavirus-is-worse-than-9-11-theres-no-escaping-this/

With 9/11 it was terrifying that day, on the 12th I felt safe but angry, this is a different animal.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, at our current rate, do you think it's enough? Because I don't.

Nobody knows, it’ll depend on the public.

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Hard to see in the other picture but, yeah I have 5' high fencing around two trees. Have to install around the other 3 tomorrow. Next week getting some plum and pear trees also. Always enjoyed gardening and growing fruit. Great way to help when the apocalypse sets in. Deer meat, fruit and vegies.[quoted image]

I’ve got a spice guy

#4039 4 years ago

My favorite conspiracy theory is that this is all being politically orchestrated to ensure that Trump doesn’t get reelected. Which is laughable. During times of crisis/war a presidents approval rating always goes up. Which is what has happened again. What really is going to matter is how this ends.

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

My local dump of a golf course is still open. I looked up Trump National in Palos Verdes. Been playing the course on a yearly basis with guys at a club from San Diego when our club is overseeding or when they aerate the greens. Perfect course to play in these times, as its expensive and out of the way. But they are not accepting tee times for at least the next 30 days. Says the property is open. Probably for take out food. Seemed odd to me.

I know in Florida most courses are open, but some counties like Miami/ Dade have ordered them close.

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think it's going to actually work to his benefit. It's practically shut down all other hot topics and election news. On top of that...who wants to bet if this goes on the elections get delayed? Probably won't happen, but I guarantee someone in particular is going to bring it up and suggest it before november.

I still think it’s all going to matter how this plays out

#4079 4 years ago

I don’t understand why people get bent out of shape about being moderated, they’re in a tough spot as this topic is damn near impossible to discuss honestly without some political talk. Personally I think they’ve done a pretty good job, all things considered.

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I’ve been removed several times but keep coming back! Like a virus

Wickerman2= Athletes foot

#4100 4 years ago

I just hope this ends soon, I’m going to be 400lbs if I keep trying to singlehandedly keep all my favorite local spots in business.

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Yep. I'm ordering double of everything I normally get. I'll stop at 2 or 3 restaurants in one trip and freeze some foods in case it gets to a point they need to close their doors for awhile. Admittedly I've stopped at a couple fast food places last week and they said business is quite slow but that's probably due to everyone going to the smaller businesses.

I hope people are supporting the mom and pop takeout places, the McDonald’s of the world will survive this no matter what, not sure about the smaller places.

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. Thai place and mexican joint on our block got our business this week. She's heading to the bakery now to pick up a nice fresh Challah!

I love me some Thai food!

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm real close to hitting the magical "100" for moderated posts. You guys and your rookie numbers...ha!

I believe that’s a pinside achievement!

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Being responsible and drinking alone.[quoted image]

I prefer the Chris Davis IPA, real expensive and total shit.

#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm like a silent fart on Pinside.

Warm and damp?

#4213 4 years ago

Trump invokes defense act to have GM start making ventilators

https://apple.news/ANDKwRq3URRW5NmUFanqn7g

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So how does this work exactly?

GM is required to start production, not sure of specifics, but they don’t have a choice

#4221 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

+1
What kind of ramp up time is involved in this, I would imagine it is months at best?

They’ve already started production, but numbers were low and prices were high, He really tore into their CEO

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Not true in first part as far as ventilators. They hadn’t lifted more than a pen on production. Also the bulk of the high price was cost of retooling.
So now GM gets to eat the cost? Does the government get to decide the price? That’s where I am fuzzy.

I think that’s why he did it, they were supposed to be making them already and said they’d have 40,000 by end of April, then said they’d only have 6,000

#4258 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:Another question(s): so far it’s just GM and ventilators. Is he gonna invoke the act on other high shortage items like gloves gowns and masks? How about other manufacturers capable of making ventilators at scale like Ford?
In for a penny, in for a pound. Let’s do this thing.

If GM can produce what they’re saying they can, other car companies probably wouldn’t be needed. As far as other medical supplies being made, I’m pretty sure he would use DPA if needed, which is looking like a probability.

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

When we have EMTs using homemade masks and doctors being asked to use single use masks for a week at a time....I’m going with it’s necessary.

Agreed

#4278 4 years ago

Illinois just reopened a hospital that closed 3 years ago in Blue Island just south of Chicago

#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Needed about 2-3 weeks ago. PPE should be up there with vents. Healthcare workers have been screaming for it for awhile. Italy had 51? Doctors die due to lack of PPE among other things.

Some of the responsibility relies on the hospitals as well, we were a little underprepared on a lot of fronts, all I hope for is that lessons have been learned all around, but I still know we will pull through this.

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tonight we salute Robin van Whatever![quoted image]
I for one could not imagine how boring, yet productive, my life would've been had I not found this guy!

Back to you Gryszzz
DCA48470-6B80-48EA-894F-868AFAF06502 (resized).jpegDCA48470-6B80-48EA-894F-868AFAF06502 (resized).jpeg

#4294 4 years ago

What I gathered from that presser was buy Ford, GE, Boeing and Panera. Sell GM

C8C3622B-9CEB-4CA0-B698-3AF98F82BDE3 (resized).pngC8C3622B-9CEB-4CA0-B698-3AF98F82BDE3 (resized).png
#4311 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Great article Levi. Should be book marked.
Just a rant on a side note. As you said many of the younger workers that are not full time make very little an hour. The $2 an hour temp raise is nice but compared to the $600 additional on top of regular unemployment benefits we got screwed. Heck even I would make better being unemployed. We have to be here mingling with the public worrying about catching this thing on a daily basis and most are making less then people laid off in the safety of there own home. Many of us older employees fall into the high risk territory. Heck one of my workers is 72. Doubt he would make it if he gets sick. Here is my daily attire for work. Glasses to help from getting it my eyes, face mask, gloves, work jacket no matter how hot it is and hat. I keep that stuff I’m my car so Less chance of bringing it in my house.
It’s getting better but it’s always the customers that Have to get right up on you to complain about being out of something.[quoted image]

Like I said earlier in this thread, I’m buying all the people in my local grocery store gift cards, I sure as hell wouldn’t do it .

#4319 4 years ago

Now you know how it feels!

#4435 4 years ago

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already, but some pretty good news on the testing front

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2932766001

#4656 4 years ago

I just watched the Tiger King in it’s entirety, did I miss anything here?

#4761 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So if we are fed quarantine states, how are they going to determine who gets closed and who doesn’t? New York is out of control sure, but I suspect they are just 10 days early compared to many many regions. We are past the point of containment.
Mardi Gras was a complete and idiotic fiasco. Louisiana is just now starting to reap what they sow. more cases, more growth than CT.[quoted image]

Florida has set up check points on I-10, people coming in from Louisiana have to quarantine 14 days. This is going to be done on a state level just like the shut downs.

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

The good thing up here is that the governors are working to coordinate their responses. There are still some minor variances—RI hunting down NYS license plates on Friday springs to mind—but they are trying hard to all stay on the same level of shutdown so that there’s no incentive to cross state lines. Except for the part where MA has legalized pot and CT hasn’t.

Isn’t NY threatening to sue RI? Doesn’t seem to coordinated to me.

#4772 4 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

That situation is one of the exceptions and there are a few others, but overall they’ve aligned on when to go on shutdown, how to define “essential”, etc. As for the RI situation itself, all of the states involved had agreed to request a 14 day self-quarantine if you cross state lines. The part where RI varied is that they decided to go around specifically looking for NYC plates.

That’s good, when you start talking federal quarantines it gets a little dicey legally. That’s why it’s been left to the states to decide. I’m guessing that if it was to be done on the federal level it would have to be a total shut down of all states.

#4776 4 years ago

Just when I was thinking aloud that there’s good political free discussions going on here, in comes Wickerman2

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Ha! Just putting a critical eye to it. I believe the lead healthcare guy for the gov. not a guest on Hannity! Sorry if that’s too political. I’m more of a don’t trust and definitely verify type person.

Always go with a professional voice over a talking head, which ever side of the political fence you’re on.

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Hannity is an entertainment & opinion show, we shouldn't be using it in this thread regardless of politics. It's just like The View.

I agree, and have never said differently

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

“Every metro area should assume that they will have an outbreak equivalent to New York,” said Dr. Deborah Birx.

Chicago has had the advantage of time, while I know this area will get crushed, there’s already large shuttered hospitals that are reopened and more in the works as we speak, and again Illinois was one of the first states to put the clamps down, hoping for the best and trying to stay positive here.
I honestly don’t care about anyone’s politics, we’re all here because we have one thing in common, the love of pinball. Stay safe everyone!

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Any biomedical devices intended for human use need to pass FDA regulations. This involves not only the original research, development/verification and manufacture of but also the preclinical and clinical trials associated with the device(s). It is an expensive process. Complicated doesn’t always mean expensive, but regulatory considerations ALWAYS means expensive.

I don’t think the government is too worried about regulations right about now, everything is going to be fast tracked.

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You tell me where it says that FDA regulations have been suspended... what company would be willing to open themselves up to the ensuing lawsuits?
Nope.

But the DPA was enacted, they won’t have much of a choice if companies pussyfoot like GM did.

#4909 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Suddenly everyone is an expert on medical devices. Hilarious.

When did I say I was an expert on medical devices? It’s idiotic to me to think that red tape is going to slow shit up now.

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

The mistake here is believing that so-called ‘red tape’ isn’t protecting people from death due to faulty devices.

Unnecessary delays=unnecessary deaths

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How can you watch that show? That guy and the woman are total pieces of shit.

Freak shows never go out of style.

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's exactly WHY I watch the show. If the pinball bubble ever bursts, it's because Carol did it.

Doc Antle is from your neck of the woods right?

#4961 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You mean people here really flag others posts? I thought the up/down voting thing was bad enough. You are a real sack of you go reporting someone’s post. Be a fucking grownup not a child

I’m telling!

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the question I keep asking, why would we be behind? We had more people coming and going than just about anywhere else in the world. They even dropped airplanes full of infected people in our back yard months ago. Docked a ship full in Oakland too.
Although I have heard it has hit a few senior care facilities in the LA area. It's just looking at places like New York, our numbers so far just aren't adding up.

The funniest thing about the last couple of pages, is that you’re from Humble, Tx. Shit writes itself.

#4996 4 years ago

42 degrees and howling winds, I’m thinking the winds are a positive, 50 mph gusts will keep people inside.

#5003 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They should stop making any promises at all. Serves the public good zero.

On the positive side it appears the infection rate seems to be slowing, that’s huge.

#5011 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Last I heard, if it's hot *and* humid, it won't be affected much

#5018 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really have no choice but to watch this tiger show, huh?

It’s unbelievable to say the least, he got 19% of the vote in the state. Unfortunately it is a must watch.

#5034 4 years ago

Ironically I’ve never been to NYC, been all over, first thing I’m going to do when this over is visit and spend some money, NY almost always takes it on the chin during crisis, it’s the least I could do.

#5037 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pick me up on the way Jay!

For sure!

#5040 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My #1 spot I want to visit right now is Rock Fantasy in NYC. Gotta get there.

Done deal

#5042 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The world famous rock fantasy is actually in Middletown, NY, 75 miles north of here.
But you should still go!

Sunshine? What’s a decent hotel in the area?

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do I look like, a tourist!?

Skins just signed Eagles CB, in Riverboat I trust.

#5055 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tonight we salute....Gary Flower!
[quoted image]
I've run into this guy at literally every show I've ever been to, and just now found out that his name's Gary.
Pinball historian and full of great stories!

He just needs a little space to grow.

#5062 4 years ago

My house. Actually.

You have room for Gryszzz right?

#5076 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Alright! We're there! But even when this is over I'm gonna need you to keep your distance. Just toss us beers.

FamilyArcade has confirmed there’s room for both of us, we’re just going to have to mud wrestle for the futon

#5090 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's how this virus started?

That’s bat shit crazy right there.

#5122 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The crows or the squirrels?

Sounds like a stew to me.

#5133 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Target Alpha still not fixed. Somebody needs to come over. At a distance of course.

It’s the AX relay no? We can probably get this done through FaceTime

#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's kinda nuts considering how bad it over there. Is that a barge full of medical supplies?

Navy’s hospital ship

#5762 4 years ago

McCormick place, the largest convention center in North America, is being turned into a Covid hospital. It should be open this week.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/mccormick-place-could-be-ready-this-week-for-covid-19-patients/amp/

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I don’t want to get moderated for being a “broken record”, so I will not say this again. The reason for my post #5806 was NOT a flu argument. I know this IS worse than the flu. The comparison between influenza and COVID-19 was meant to show the seriousness of the flu, NOT minimize the seriousness of COVID-19. I just couldn’t understand why we do not treat the flu in the same way as it is killing tens of thousands in the US annually.
Thanks to those that answered my questions. I have dealt with anxiety issues my entire life and I have found, especially during this uncertain and scary time, knowledge eases my anxiety because it reduces the fear of the unknown. Everyone be safe and stay healthy!
-Wayne

Everyone’s a bit tense, understandably, don’t take things personally. We’ll all get through this.

#5875 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully it will be like the last few weeks, except without the sickness.

I just got the call from the owner of my company, offered 2 for 1 on vacation time if I’d sit for awhile, so he didn’t have to lay off the guy with a young family, I gladly took him up on his offer. I am now sitting until further notice, paid.

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But isn't putting them in a medically induced coma and sticking a tube down their throat helping?

Actually yes, it buys time for their immune system to defeat the virus.

#5893 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That probably flew right over his head

#5907 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can I get some antibiotics? I think I have the flu.

No, but you can get a vaccine.

#5973 4 years ago

If anybody is in or knows someone laid off in the restaurant business, Fieri’s relief fund is giving $500 grants

RERF.US

#6014 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

[quoted image]

Do me! Do Me! And then Gryszz!

#6016 4 years ago

I’m thinking “Don’t stand so close to me”, should be the theme song to this thread.

#6029 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The optimistic rates are assuming many that get on a ventilator that would not otherwise survives.
Wonder what percent of lives these ventilators are actually saving.

https://www.physiciansweekly.com/mortality-rate-of-covid-19-patients-on-ventilators/amp/

#6043 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

1 - 2% of 1.4 Billion ? = about 21 million fewer cellphone accounts in China ?

I’m not saying it’s 21 million but?

https://amp.france24.com/en/20200331-stacks-of-urns-in-wuhan-raise-doubts-about-china-s-official-virus-toll

#6046 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Just read the article, it is far from a definitive source on Covid-19 ventilator patient mortality. It is almost misinformation.
It gives two examples from a paper in China with no info on the patients, no info on how early this was in the process, maybe so early they were not being treated quickly enough or intubated in time - just 2 scary numbers. 86% and 97%. And an only slightly less scary 66% from a paper in the UK.
Very little info, followed by a call to to create stronger triage rules in US hospitals regarding who gets vent access in the case of a shortage.
Better data will be forthcoming on this as things progress.

Yeah, definitely not enough data to say one way or the other.

#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

No offense, but I don’t buy it.
First, what PPE? It’ll be months before it’s available to the general public, at best. And even when it is, I don’t see people wearing it to work, the store, etc.
Second, it’s not who we are. Humans are social animals. We will eventually accept that people will get sick so we can go to the mall, have parties, head to the amusement park, etc. I’m not very social, in fact, I’m an introvert. But even I want to get out. And it’s been a few weeks.
A lot of people will die. That’s my prediction. And eventually it’ll work it’s way through society, and we’ll gain resistance. Sucks being an animal. But we are, and it’s not a perfect world.
Anyone who says 100,000 dead is not being truthful. Sorry, not buying it. Million, millions. I’m sorry for those older people in our communities. I’ll do my part to distance and hope a solution comes forth....

I’m going to go out on a limb here, and guess the total will be closer to 100,000 than 1,000,000.

#6062 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

how will you collect if your one of the dead ones?..think this thing out..

Pin Jim is now in my will for $50

#6075 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How do you get to 60% “herd immunity” with a 10% infection rate?

Stupid math.

#6290 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wife haircut update ..[quoted image]

Did Ray Charles cut that?

#6467 4 years ago

And Doc, you’re next

#6556 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A lot of "Empty Hospital" videos popping up, just wondered if anyone in these areas could explain or verify if they are real or bogus. The big Hospital in New York was featured by several people, they all looked like ghost towns.

In the Chicago area, they have opened closed hospitals that have yet to take in patients.

#6630 4 years ago

I’m with you phil-lee!

D964D05E-4039-4733-B377-864E3673CECC (resized).jpegD964D05E-4039-4733-B377-864E3673CECC (resized).jpeg
#6641 4 years ago

There’s only one news source I trust

https://pin.it/71b0Gca

#6663 4 years ago

Well they ain’t journalists and they’re shitty citizens. So these cretins are all batting .000 as far as I’m concerned. Problem is they both fuel and feed on xenophobia and hatred.

So the Cretins are batting the same as Chris Davis?

#6697 4 years ago

Doc, did you ever get your neutral zone switch figured out?

#6705 4 years ago

What makes this virus difficult is that there isn’t many facts on it, first time we’ve seen it, good luck on the guessing game.

#6711 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I read an article suggesting that certain individuals, for unknown reasons, seem to aerosolize the virus more than most.

Dirtbags

#6789 4 years ago

Did the Georgia governor really just say that he learned yesterday that people infected with Coronavirus can be asymptomatic? WTF?

#6792 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I woke up early today. Been dreaming about those eleven herbs and spices.[quoted image]

Thanks Odin, fried chicken for lunch it is.

#6796 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yesterday, I finally tasted a Fantasy omelet and broke out tools I haven't used since the early 2000s. Then we watched The Omega Man. Hoping today can top yesterday.

Yesterday I did a spring cleanup in the yard, today is drinking beers and a massive bon fire, and fried chicken.

#6798 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I have to wonder, how many people are truly out of work? I'm working from home. People at my old company got furloughed for 2 weeks. At my current company, we are moving at 100 mph since we serve the parcel industry (FedEx, UPS, Amazon).
Are you out of work? With or without pay? Temporary or permanent?

I’m currently off, using my vacation time, owner gave me 2 to 1 on pto time so he didnt have to lay off another guy, I’m good through April, and then we’ll see where we are at. No worries about going back once this is done, as the owner is my father-in-law.

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Wait....what? They are gonna double her work load and halve her pay? So work more for nearly the same amount of money? What kind of work does she do?

My sister in law had her pay cut by 20%, crazy.

#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'd rather be home than have to come to work with a bunch of plague rats and potentially catch something that can kill me. Call me selfish/lazy, but I need to look out for myself. The CEO's that get to work from home right now certainly are not looking out for me.

I feel so lucky right now to work for a small company run by an intelligent and compassionate guy.

#6813 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

No way that's real, it's been common knowledge since January that infected people can be asymptomatic.

He’s been all over the news, and that’s what he’s claiming.

#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I can't even begin to understand what I'm watching. How did that happen? How is it even possible that that just happened? Has this man been in a coma recently?

He’s full of shit, he knew.

#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because....Georgia. Just like how the governor of Florida exempted religious gatherings from the stay at home order...so I guess 1000 person church services are a go. Some of the people participating may even get to meet god by Easter!

We’re in the golf business and Florida is a big part of that, Golf has been deemed essential in Florida, lmao.

#6835 4 years ago

Ah, just weld their damn doors shut!

They have doors in Kentucky? I kid, I kid.

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is disgusting. Not your post, the fact that they are going to have people gather in churches like that. People will catch it there. People will die. It really is that simple. I'm not an alarmist. Not everyone will die... but enough will. And then some of the people that care for those sick people will also catch it. And then some of them will also die. I assume at some point the pastors will be charged with manslaughter for each death. Because that is the correct charge when people die from your negligence, right? Or is there enough malice now to consider it murder?

It’s straight up insanity, they traced 2500 cases to one religious festival in France.

#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

There's going to be zero repercussions for all this, right? I'm just so jaded.

Who knows, it’s up to the voters of Georgia.

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And max Florida unemployment is like $275 a week. That is pretty pathetic.

I had to check on this, $275 is absolutely laughable. Illinois is nearly double that.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Huh... for playing a certain song from the actual bar's jukebox

Jukeboxes are almost all digital now, you can literally play just about every song ever made.

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah, still eating several salads a week at home.
But today is Filet O Fish Friday!

Weed is considered a vegetable right?

508 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Jaybird815. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=Jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.