272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ImNotNorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#27 4 years ago

My wife works in media and had to fashion a boom out of a swiffer cleaning poll in order to interview people from a safe distance.

I saw someone using a hockey stick too.

IMG_20200319_0925092.jpgIMG_20200319_0925092.jpg
#37 4 years ago

Italy had nearly 400 deaths in one day. This ain't your typical flu people!!

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I keep dropping this one in threads to lift some spirits but like most video links on pinside, only 1 out of 1000 people actually watch it.

It's a data thing.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You would get free health care

It's not free.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Annual rattlesnake hunt in Waynoka Oklahoma. Snakes only. Ecologically devastating. Cruelty toward the snakes. Big money maker for the area.

Wait.....so 'whacking day' actually exists?

Aa.jpgAa.jpg
#1641 4 years ago

I'll just post this here...

Acosta-Tweet.jpgAcosta-Tweet.jpgvcv228q7jnn41.jpgvcv228q7jnn41.jpg
#1711 4 years ago

Previous generations we're asked to sacrifice their lives to win a war. The least we can do is sit on the couch to win this one.

And we can't even get people to do that. ugh....

#1833 4 years ago
a4182cf0be5631f10923ce72b0316b71.jpga4182cf0be5631f10923ce72b0316b71.jpg
#1853 4 years ago

The echo chamber of recycled political talking points and microaggressions is getting tiresome.

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just wait until all those spring breakers go back home and infect people for 10 days. US numbers are going to sky rocket. I predict 1 million infections in the US by mid April.

It's already happening.

https://www.insider.com/college-students-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-spring-break-travel-2020-3
https://www.theepochtimes.com/florida-college-students-contract-covid-19-after-spring-break-trip-school_3281817.html

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Exactly how many people did those 6 dickheads infect?

I suspect quite a bit because of drunken hookups.
An STD is the least of their worries now.

#2338 4 years ago
#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So what’s the thesis of this? They knew and are on their private islands? Cashed in chips before crash? It does seem like a crazy coincidence but sometimes that’s all.

I just find it alarming...that's all. Why the assumptions?

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No assumptions just curious what the theories were behind it in general. But it sounds like it’s at least partially false and put together to look sinister

Yea I agree about the image and didn't believe it to begin with. Just like most stuff posted online. But I did look up some of them just like ForceFlow pointed out.

I find it alarming. You find it's a coincidence.

Let's meet half way and call it an alarming coincidence. Lol

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Does anyone have any Lysol wipes that they want to sell? I’m a first responder returning to work on Friday from vacation after a couple weeks and have resorted to making my own hand sanitizer in preparation. This absolutely sucks.

I hear you buddy. The wife and I are essential services and are on the lookout for wipes and sanitizer because we deal with the public.

Just left staples looking for some with no luck. They had a security guard and someone at the door only allowing 10 people in the store at any given time.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I finally caved to the virus paranoia and repurposed some of my cold weather gear.
May or may not help but it something and I'd rather our healthcare professionals and people truly in need get the medical masks.
[quoted image]

You're no longer inactive....welcome back! stay safe

1 week later
#6410 4 years ago

Never thought I'd have an N95 hanging from my rear view mirror....but here we are.

IMG_20200401_1802572.jpgIMG_20200401_1802572.jpg
#6422 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

You better hide that like a radar detector. Otherwise someone will break your window to get it!

You're probably right. Sad new world.

#6868 4 years ago

34 bids ($227) for 5 masks. And they aren't even N95 masks!!

ebay.com link: itm

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Norwegian Cruise Lines to potential customers in March. Reminds me of the lies we were seeing repeated around here by so many people:
"The Coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," one claimed.
A second falsely asserted that "scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus."
"The only thing you need to worry about for your cruise is do you have enough sunscreen?" one of the suggested talking points reads.
"Mr Becker," the line reads, "due to the Coronavirus we have cancelled all of our Asia cruises on the Norwegian Spirit. This has caused a huge surge in demand for all of our other itineraries. I suggest we secure your reservation today to avoid you paying more tomorrow."
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-attorney-general-investigating-norwegian-cruise-line-coronavirus-emails-11605640
The cruise lines are a shitty, tax dodging industry and they won't be missed. Really wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't get a single bailout dollar. We don't need them, they provide zero of value, and they suck.

I like Bill Burr's take on cruise ships.

1 year later
#22858 2 years ago

Got my Moderna shot through work on April 20th. The nurse said the second shot will be within 1-4 months.

Wife got her Pfizer shot at the pharmacy on Saturday. Her second shot is the same...1-4 months away.

Both of us were told to get the same vaccine shot for our second dose and not to mix them with other ones.

Anyways....nice to see you guys south of the border returning to some type of normalcy. We're so behind its not even funny.

#22870 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is strange. The second shot of Moderna is supposed to be 4 weeks after the first dose. Is the 1-4 month time frame because of a shortage in Canada?

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Wow, that's a long time between 1st and booster. For us, it's been 30 days for Moderna and 3 weeks for Pfizer. Why the delay? Supply issues?

I don't really want to go on a political rant here but our govt botched the vaccine procurement so badly that they are talking about mixing doses just to get the shots in the arms.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vaccines-mix-and-match-1.6020986

And that's on top of the 1-4 months wait between shots.

Basically using us as guinea pigs. Anyways....not good.

I'd rather just wait for my first shot to become ineffective and start all over again.

What a mess.

#22871 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Shit man, come on down to the states. Seems like everybody who wanted the vaccine got the vaccine. Ain't it a shame?

Canadian teachers and truckers from Albert/Saskatchewan/Manitoba are going to Montana and North Dakota for free vaccine shots. We thank our American friends for helping us out.

#22877 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Canadian teachers and truckers from Albert/Saskatchewan/Manitoba are going to Montana and North Dakota for free vaccine shots. We thank our American friends for helping us out.

Here is a lineup of Canadians at the Carway, Alberta border crossing waiting to get through to get their free shots in Montana.

Thank goodness for the Americans!!

covid-alta-vaccinations-20210518.jpgcovid-alta-vaccinations-20210518.jpg
#22879 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You are 80% protected 2 weeks after the 1st shot of either. Max protection is ideal, but IMO 100% of the populace with 80% protection is better than 50% with 94% protection and the other half with none.

Yes I can understand that rationale. It makes practical sense.

But what happens after 2 weeks to 4 months? Does the 80% efficacy begin diminishing? If so....wouldn't that booster shot you get 4 months later re-become the 1st shot again? (Or at what point would that be?)

And now we're talking about mixing vaccines?

We got a real dogs breakfast up here!

#22893 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's crazy. I can't figure out why they don't book somewhere there are no lineups? Decker centre in North Battleford for example has no line. They book windows every five minutes and have six or eight nurses working. I know of a few people from Saskatoon who instead of waiting for up to 8 hours in line just drove to the Battlefords instead.

I'm assuming a few reasons....

- proximity to the US border
- they can't get one in Canada for a number of reasons (not being eligible due to their age or don't want to take the AstraZeneca shot, etc)
- they don't want to wait 1-4 months for the booster shot and have proactively sought their booster elsewhere to get it in time as per the manufacturers recommendation.

#22909 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

3 weeks post second shot here, thus I am allowing my avatar to unmask, I however don't trust people so I'll still be shrouding myself when amongst the sheep.

Good idea. I'll do the same and remove the plague doctors mask, cane and briefcase from my avatar when I get my booster shot.

Sooooo....around August me thinks.

#22923 2 years ago

We lost a co-worker to covid a few days ago. He was about 2 years from retirement. Late 40's.

I'm not sure what his vaccination status was but it's been discussed that he most likely got it from his kids. Who most likely brought it home from school.

This one hit everyone hard.

1 week later
#23013 2 years ago

Health Canada just extended the expiry date of the Astra Zeneca vaccine by a month. (From 6 months to 7)

About 50,000 doses were set to expire Monday (May 31st). But now it'll be July 1st.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/astrazeneca-covid19-vaccine-expiry-date-1.6045685

#23023 2 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

It is also possible that science has determined the original estimate was off a bit......you know...like the age of the universe.....or....the fact that the earth actually orbits the Sun and not the other way around.....etc....
I drank milk today that expired 2 days ago according to the date printed....didn't even curdle in coffee.....

Science has become politicized in Canada.

- Mixing vaccines
- extending 2nd doses beyond the manufacturers recommendation.
- extending expiration dates set by the manufacturers.
- raiding the COVAX supply bin from third world countries.

I'm at the point where I don't even listen to Dr. Tam, our graphic designer health Minister or Health Canada anymore. The CDC is much more credible.

But yea....whoever wants to be a guinea pig and get an expired vaccine shot, go to town.

#23032 2 years ago

Step right up folks!!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-mixing-covid-19-vaccines-astrazeneca-pfizer-moderna-naci-1.6048152
tenor.giftenor.gif
*should be a Canadian flag in the background instead

#23036 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Science is data driven - it does not mean that your theory is 100% day one.

Or done on day 100 or 1000. A sample size of 450 doesn't give me much confidence either. But yea....whoever wants to lineup and roll up their sleeve for this can go to town.

We wouldnt even be discussing this if our (Canada) vaccine procurement was done properly. I guess putting all your chips into the Chinese Cansino vaccine program first before our American partners backfired. And these are the resulting consequences.

#23043 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Not sure how slow procurement relates to people who won’t roll up their sleeves and get vaccinated. Even with adequate supplies it wouldn’t make any difference to those folks. 2 totally different issues here.

I think you misread what I wrote. I never said anything about those not wanting to be vaccinated.

I'm talking about those not wanting to get vaccinated with mix-n-match vaccines as a second dose. Two completely different things.

And the failed procurement process directly related to this new mix-n-match vaccine policy because we didn't place our order(s) in a timely manner with the US and were late to the table. Putting all our eggs in the CanSino program blew up in our faces and now we're basically having real time clinical trials that will be done on the public for political reasons.

If we procured enough from each manufacturer(s) we wouldn't even be entertaining the idea of mixing-n-matching vaccines as a second shot. Hence why the failed procurement relates directly to this new mix-n-match policy.

Science evolves, I get that. But this is rushing something to save political face. And I'm not a fan of that.

2 weeks later
#23219 2 years ago

Got my 2nd moderna shot through work. A few days short of a 2 month interval between 1st & 2nd shot.

The second shot really packed a punch. (Headaches, chills, body ache)

1 week later
#23291 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Meanwhile in Canada, a small group of protesters blocked highway traffic to prevent vaccine supplies from getting through (which apparently started as a protest of province border closures, but then got hijacked by anti-vaxxers?).
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/o76iqf/canadian_civilians_blocking_the_only_entrance_to/
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/arrests-made-at-n-b-n-s-border-as-rcmp-break-up-blockade-1.6077894

That was because the Premier of Nova Scotia reneged on a plan to re-open last minute with New Brunswick. Angering his entire province, New Brunswick and others across Canada who made plans to travel and see family in the Maritimes.

The border closure had less to do with anti-vaxxers and more to do with people being told last minute that the plan to re-open was suddenly scrapped. All because Premier Rankin doesn't see eye to eye with the Premier of New Brunswick and wanted to act like child and take his ball and go home.

Rankin backtracked completely yesterday at a press conference and the plan for an Atlantic bubble with vaccinated Canadians from other provinces being allowed in (without self isolating) is back on.

He looked like a bitter child during that press conference

I know this because I have family in both provinces and we are planning to see them next week after we drive across the country. (This has been a scheduling nightmare for all of us)

We had to submit entry forms online with the government of New Brunswick to be allowed in. And show documentation of vaccination at the provincial border checkpoint. Otherwise we wouldn't be allowed entry.

Time to strip the "temporary" emergency powers from these Premiers.

#23303 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Holy crap. Your driving to the Maritimes from Edmonton? Respect! How many days planned is that? We used to drive from Edmonton to Winnipeg to visit family and that was a trek with a overnighter in yorkton usually. I've never driven east of Winnipeg but hear it's a really nice drive thru Ontario.
Have fun. Safe travels

Thanks!

Leaving Edmonton Monday....arrive in North Bay, Ontario on Tuesday. Stay for 2 nights with family to re-energize our batteries...then leave and arrive in NB July 1st.

The worst part of the drive is going through the prairies....so flat and boring. Best part is the scenery in Ontario when you're driving along the great lakes.

The trip one way will be about 4300KMs.

The things we do for family eh!?! Especially during a pandemic.

#23339 2 years ago

Crossing the QC/NB COVID border checkpoint on Canada Day.

IMG_20210701_1759141.jpgIMG_20210701_1759141.jpg
2 weeks later
#23591 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have the Astra/Pfizer combo. Was thinking of getting the Moderna booster if I ever get across the border. Have all my angles covered

That's if other countries recognize the mix-n-match vaccinations as legitimate. Sovereign countries are free to choose who they let in. Good luck!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mixed-vaccine-doses-international-travel-1.6103800

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ImNotNorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=ImNotNorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.