272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Society has forgotten how to cook.

This should be a boon for companies like Hello Fresh and Good Food. Weekly delivered groceries with instructions!

#3543 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How soon until we learn that we don't need sports stadiums? /flamesuit on

Well they might need the hockey rinks as makeshift morgues like they did in Spain.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/europe/spain-ice-rink-morgue-coronavirus-intl/index.html

Also, I wonder if people will start using BC for our timeline Before Coronavirus.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Half the people I've seen wearing masks aren't even wearing them right. Save them for people who actually need them.

People improperly wearing masks drives me nuts! If you’re not going to cover your nose and mouth, don’t bother wearing one at all.

Also people who use gloves but then touch their face, why bother? I’ve also seen a big rise in people littering used latex gloves, ugh...

1 week later
#8182 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Really? So we can stand in line, 3’ from each other while people with the snot nosed kids cough and sneeze around me? Right, make sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Around me they’ve gone to limiting 50 ppl max in grocery stores, plexiglass sneeze guards set up at check outs, hand wash stations, sanitizer, wipe down of cart handles etc. 6’ spacing (Marks on the floor) at check out in a separated line which is pretty easy to abide by when you have a cart.

The issue arises when you’re in the aisles though, it’s impossible to maintain 6’ when you have 2 or more people in an aisle and one wants to pass the other. Walmart tried to mitigate this by marking the aisles as one ways, but no one was following the signs yesterday when I went. Good idea in theory, but no one to enforce it. Also the online order pickers are in all the aisles with their huge picking carts blocking half the aisle.

Costco recently put in a limit of 2 ppl shopping per card because families were taking their kids to do Costco runs and wasting max capacity in store lol.

#8192 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Costco shouldn't be letting anyone even in their stores. In fact nobody should be going into a store. Everything delivered out to a car or to your house, no human interaction. Keep people safe (evidently from themselves a lot of the time). It would be better for workers and shoppers. Plus give some more people a job.

Agreed with you there if they were able to do curb side pickup in a reasonable time frame, but right now local grocery stores have pick ups 7-10 days out...

They switched hardware stores to pick up only on the weekend and one of the largest national hardware stores (Canadian tire) had their website crash due to volume. This morning it went to a page that says call your local store to place an order... but looks like it’s back up now.

Every retail store is closed to walk ins here, only online ordering and curb side pick up remain. Grocery, pharmacies and alcohol stores are the only things that remain open for retail walk ins.

I wanted to pick up a Blackstone griddle from Walmart but because the stock is low I can’t place the order for pick up... argh...

#8389 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Today we are having crispy Brussel sprouts with bacon and marinated chicken breast cutlets[quoted image]

I want to thank you for showing pics of your Blackstone grill, I had never seen one before this thread.

After watching some youtube videos of it, I'm contemplating going to Wal-mart to get a 28" one in the middle of a pandemic lol.

#8395 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I did store pickup, that way I didn’t have to go into Wally World

Mine isn't giving me the option for ISPU

It is sold out online so it doesn't let me add it to cart

Tried to go this morning but the line up to get in wrapped around the entire building.

#8402 4 years ago

Speaking of masks, I took some time today to make a pair.

Finally had a reason to use this material I had kicking around.

IMG_0963 copy (resized).jpgIMG_0963 copy (resized).jpg
#8410 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This is good. My friends with seeing skills are pumping these out for their immediate circles

Hard part now is finding bands for the ear straps. Everywhere is sold out now because of mask making :/

#8535 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Tough times for the folks who are living out of their vehicles. I’d considered getting an RV or camper van and ditching rent for awhile, but where do you go when they close access to nature?

I read Walmart will let you use their parking lots overnight for your RV. You’d be first in line for TP!

#9916 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Also don’t get the Patriot’s version if you are a healthcare worker:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/12/metro/medical-workers-share-concerns-about-masks-delivered-by-patriots-plane/%3foutputType=amp
“at least some and possibly many of the roughly one-million protective masks on the team plane were not the time-tested, industry-standard N95 masks that medical workers wear when treating coronavirus patients. Rather, they were a Chinese version known as a KN95 mask that some hospitals in Boston and beyond have so far declined to use and remain reluctant about today.”
The “K” may or may not stand for knockoff.

According to 3M KN95 is equivalent to N95 in terms of performance. KN95 is just the Chinese equivalent to the US NIOSH N95.

"Based on this comparison, it is reasonable to consider China KN95, AS/NZ P2, Korea 1st Class, and Japan DS FFRs as
“equivalent” to US NIOSH N95 and European FFP2 respirators, for filtering non-oil-based particles such as those resulting
from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, or bioaerosols (e.g. viruses). "

Source: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1791500O/comparison-ffp2-kn95-n95-filtering-facepiece-respirator-classes-tb.pdf

Now whether these masks are actually made to those standards is another question.

It's kind of like DIN vs ISO vs JIS standards.

#9927 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Need to tell the hospital that I guess.
Maybe it’s like Sorny, Panaphonics, and Magnetbox. Just as good as originals?

LOL, perhaps.

Quoted from Murphdom:

They are supposed to start using the KN95 here in healthcare settings because of shortages but there are concerns over counterfeits. So they are requiring certificates of origin.

That makes sense, but even certificates of origin can be falsified unfortunately. Spot checking the orders is probably the best way to see if they conform to their listed specifications. I ran into a lot of counterfeit products during my time as an engineer at a bearing company, so I'm not surprised to see counterfeit masks now.

In Toronto they recalled 62,600 Chinese masks because they were "poor quality."

https://globalnews.ca/news/6789934/coronavirus-city-of-toronto-surgical-masks-recall/

2 months later
#16737 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How is anybody going to social distance in an elevator? How is this being done in New York, the elevator capital of the world?

I lived on the 21st floor once and remember how much of a pain it was during normal times (elevator maintenance, people booking them for moving, fire alarms.) I told my brother when he was buying his condo last year to buy on the first few floors so that he could avoid having to take the elevator when possible. He bought on the 3rd floor in a high rise. Not the best view, but can easily take the stairs now.

I’m guessing people are going to be a lot more fit taking the stairs nowadays. Although most stairwells aren’t the best ventilated and with all those out of shape people wheezing...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=Geteos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.