272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FYMF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Chick-fil-A spicy deluxe is the best.

+ cheese minus pickle maybe...

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just stay there please. The rest of us in most western states are doing just fine. In my state, we are very well managed fiscally and would like to keep it that way.
The last thing we want is more Californias moving here and bringing their tax and spend mentality with. We are doing just fine without you.

Florida checking in... you're bitching about irresponsible out of staters... well sit down for a short spell

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Italians are a very affectionate people. They give out hugs and kisses like it’s candy. Germans, not so much.

Funny. I always thought that traditionally they were revered as a loving and kind people.. (also too soon?)

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Doc, can you clear up that question ... Do we need to be concerned about coronavirus in things we ingest? I was under the impression that the virus could be caught via mouth, nose, eyes, etc.

I'd like clarification as well. Thank you. Have read we can ingest the virus and supposedly be fine but I imagine having any viral load in your mouth obviously exposes you. 1 would think this increases chance of infection right?

Also have heard that the viral load determines/affects susceptibility. Wouldnt you be increasing this figure/exposure level as well?

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sure, there's no data to suggest that transmission inside the GI tract occurs, however I would be on the safe side with food you purchase because if there was a high amount of viral particles on the food it could conceivably reach your posterior pharynx (back of your throat) and set up there.
The virus can get into your body either through inhalation or access to mucus membranes. The upper part of the back of your throat (nasopharynx) is a mucus membrane. In fact it's the place we swab to test for coronavirus.

Not to be an insensitive prick ... you said it can bind to mucus membranes.

So what you're saying is technically I can get Covid19 via a blowjob if said participant had the virus?

Follow up. If this is the case I suggest the media label it a STI to further keep people indoors.

EDIT: downvote all you want just tell me I am wrong.

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

What kind of donut did you get?

Minis

#1173 4 years ago

There does seem to be evidence to support loss of taste and smell as an early symptom.

Oh sure. Gloss over the important questions... (/s)

#1176 4 years ago

If you've got an insensitive prick why would you be getting that??
Hey-O!!!! Rimshot!

Hahaha.

Doc brings the heat.

But uh yea. Can it be passed like this. Insensitive prick or not

#1183 4 years ago

No evidence of this and I'm not sure a woman with symptoms would be up for it....

I dont think it has anything to do with symptoms or not but I appreciate your subtle vote of confidence.

"Doc told me it was because she is probably sick."

#1228 4 years ago

Hey Doc:

Serious question: Just got a call from a close friend who up til now thought this is all overplayed.

His wife is extremely sick with flu like symptoms out of nowhere

He says she has the exact same symptoms described by others with the VID (can we call it that?)

He said she went to the doctor and "they tested her for 2 flus." (Presumably A and B,) but not Covid19.

He says that they told her she tested negative for both flu test and "she had a virus but not Covid and go home."

My question is: with these symptoms and negative results on both flu strains and no Covid test... I feel like he should assume she has Covid for his family's sake no?

Thanks much!

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Don't mess with Texas!! Just kidding, but seriously Florida has not had their shit together either IMHO.

Things should have been swifter everywhere. Florida included.

I'd like to remind people that 11-16% of people in Florida are actually born here. The rest is filled with retirees, springbreakers or general F-ups who wore there welcome out back home and said "F-it," I'm moving to Florida.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

[quoted image]

This is how I feel but he said they told him it wasnt Covid and it was some other virus.

Negative on both Influenza test.

No Covid test given. Wtf.

At this point I wonder if he should call ahead and bring her in elsewhere?

Florida is the only state to get 100% of their medical request filled by the government. They should be able to test her no?

Shit

#1972 4 years ago

Someone made a joke about stern shifting MFG to ventilators.

That would be awesome but what about the $279 dollar UV light kit. (Seriously)

I imagine they planned on using this tech for future releases and have/had a supply line on UV light kits.

Could those lights be repurposed for use in hospital or ambulance environments for sterilization between patients?

#1977 4 years ago

I'm afraid to click play and I dont even have my hands on the table.

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Sold my LOTR to get JJP POTC. I miss it, but glad to have made the switch. Pinball certainly does separate one from the world, at least momentarily.
Any time you are in town Doc, beers and pinball are on me.

I second this if Florida doesnt implode itself before then.

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Florida is always the state that others look to in a time of crisis. Sorry, couldn’t resist.

At*

Like: " Holy shit... would you look at that.."

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Do you really think your “Wow!” was appropriate? The media already does enough to sensationalize bad news...no need for it here.

Are we really gatekeeping which adjectives are appropriate.

Would you prefer he had said "Holy Fuck! Look at this!"

Get out of here with that.

Also. Moderation criticism lol

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I’m not gatekeeping any adjectives...in this case ”wow” was used as an interjection. Anyway, something with a little compassion would have been more appropriate. Carry on.

Right.

I apologize for not being an english major.

Amazing how you continue to correct the nuance part of statements as opposed to the obvious (to us,) meaning of the context.

Either way. I suck at grammar. You suck at comprehension

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I have no issues with comprehension. Using “Wow!” before stating a death toll number can come across as insensitive, which is how I took it. If I took how the OP said it out of context, then I apologize.

Had he said "stupendous!" I could maybe see your confusion but given he started the thread, has been active in the thread, is a moderator and is going through this all like we are I cant imagine inteprepting "wow," as a positive or as insensitive.

I appreciate your clarification either way

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

DeSantis says New Yorkers are fleeing to Florida.

Got damnit!

No.

Please lock down the state. FML

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Werent you also the one who said 'let me know when someone in the US dies' about a month (or 16,000 deaths ago)...
Update your visual. Its gone from 10,000 to 16,000 in the last 72 hours since you posted it.
You also realize that at one point the plague 'only' had 16,000 deaths attributed to it...right?

Yes

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You're correct....who cares where it comes from....the next one could from FL. This whole mishandling of this epidemic is due to us or our leaderships (both parties), I say both parties because State and local governments could have acted on their own. but Instead our leaders concentrating on things that didn't need to be concentrated on......things like how it will affect the economy, their political rivals, their poll numbers, re-election hopes etc....etc.
Btw, Spanish Flu of the 1920's killed 50 Million people! it infected 75% of the globe. Funfact: Spanish Flu started on a pig farm in Texas

This is arguable.

Some say Kansas.

Some say Gina.

Interesting you say Texas. Can you provide sources?

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Fun fact- I once took Spanish fly and banged a Spanish hooker while jamming Spanish Lullaby

"How I met your mother"

#2193 4 years ago

Anyone else gaining weight and almost out of bourbon?

#2203 4 years ago

He is saying kill the small and middle class businesses by bailing out the billionaire fortune 500 class and sending everyone back to work (for someone else,) as opposed to "The American Dream"

#2457 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Dont worry the president said we the US will be back open by easter. Everything will be fine /s
Yup lets take medical advise about the safety of the country from a guy who looked directly at a solar eclipse....

This reminds me of being a sophomore in high school when I'd regularly go into geometry class with dark sunglasses on and remind me teacher that we were in fact not supposed to look directly at ellipses

EDIT: I miss you Mrs. Licht!

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

2-hour thread eject!(telling on others)

Redacted

#3153 4 years ago

I'm taking Doctors advice ("spiel,") over the fellow who taught 120 people how to put on PPE.

Not sure about you all but I am on my 15th day of volunteer isolation. I remember a Doctor recommending that back then somewhere.

EDIT: Save them for the healthcare professionals people. Please. We havent even had the shit hit the fan. It's literally mid air. It's coming and know what? I dont want to be the guy justifying buying a N95 to do ANYTHING if it means a healthcare professional risk going without one.

I wonder how many people die as co sequence for every nurse doctor or healthcare death.

Sadly we will find out

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Bless your heart

You and people with your thought process will have blood on your hands.

Sleep well

#3158 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just castrate him, sew him up and let him go.
PS: I’m back.

Now that's a strong entrance

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The cure is prevention. Spare the hyperbole.

Hows that prevention working out?

Build you a time machine and go back a 3 weeks and spread your word of N95 need and it would make sense.

Your fuck it we should all just buy N95s and go about our life attitude will lead to additional spread and additional death. Including healthcare professionals who couldnt get proper PPE because of people like you.

Again. This is the reality of where we are at now. Prevention? Jesus you're late to the dance.

#3251 4 years ago

Hey Doc,

I am seeing a bunch of city workers and restaurant/business owners undertaking a ton of pressure washing all over town.

If the virus can last on surfaces for days/weeks at a time. Is it not possible that blasting pressurized water at the virus could make it airborne and people nearby susceptible?

Thanks,
F

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

It doesn't get warm here for at least another six weeks.

85 here today and hotter in Miami. Temperature doesnt seem to matter

#4105 4 years ago

This post was moderated inmediately: Take it to PM

(Thought I'd get ahead of myself for the mods on this one.)

#4887 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As I sip the first glass and hit my speedbag in the garage, I say to myself "die virus, die".
Although I had a guest over last night, I'm not sure I'll make a very good host.

Uhm. That's not how social distancing works lol

#6324 4 years ago

I will hit the NY times paywall so I can't read the article.
However, I will try to answer your question.

Hey Doc,

Try opening an incognito or private browsing tab and then copying the url/link into the window.

Usually works for me.

Some sites have gotten smarter than that but most work that way still.

#6341 4 years ago

So uh..

I bit/bit chewed on my nails for 37 years.

Anyone else have beautiful long lady like nails for the first time in their lives?

#6376 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The forecast says rain the next 12 days straight here in North Texas! That might keep more people inside. Of course, meteorology is the only job where you can be right 1/2 the time and still be employed...

Make that 1/8th and you have our Florida meteorologist

#6409 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wow...just....wow!!

Easy with the inflammatory wows Dad!

Couldnt help myself

Night all you great people!

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Norwegian Cruise Lines to potential customers in March. Reminds me of the lies we were seeing repeated around here by so many people:
"The Coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," one claimed.
A second falsely asserted that "scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus."
"The only thing you need to worry about for your cruise is do you have enough sunscreen?" one of the suggested talking points reads.
"Mr Becker," the line reads, "due to the Coronavirus we have cancelled all of our Asia cruises on the Norwegian Spirit. This has caused a huge surge in demand for all of our other itineraries. I suggest we secure your reservation today to avoid you paying more tomorrow."
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-attorney-general-investigating-norwegian-cruise-line-coronavirus-emails-11605640
The cruise lines are a shitty, tax dodging industry with a terrible labor record and they won't be missed. Really wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't get a single bailout dollar. We don't need them, they provide zero of value, and they suck.

Hate to break it to all these people who keep repeating this.

It is 78 degrees where I am located right now and that is AFTER a little cold front just hit us.

Three days ago was above 90 and hotter even further south.

It will be above 90 degrees here again in next few days and on it's way to staying in the 90s yet Florida... especially South Florida is vying for contention of epicenter every single new day.

#7643 4 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

It’s already been pointed out that the Daily Mail is not a reliable news source. As to the claims that workers got infected there, it’s possible, but it likely would have been *after* the virus originated.
There’s a lot of research now that is pointing to the virus as being purely organic in origin. The non-technical reasoning is that the structure of the virus would appear “on paper” to not work, so no one would bother trying to develop it when there are other design paths that look to be more effective. Here’s a more technical article that explains it:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/the-new-coronavirus-was-not-genetically-engineered-study-shows#Two-possible-origin-scenarios

Sure thing Xi

(Joke.. I joke...)

#8129 4 years ago

I for one welcome our new more strict and vengeful overlords and think it shall provide great entertainment for people who just cant help themselves.

Making popcorn tonight babay!

#8146 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I have not laughed that much when I watched the ex girl friend lock pick.

So funny. First video Ibhave ever sent to like 20 people in my life.

For everyone else, please enjoy the latest masterpiece by lock picking lawyer:

#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They literally just repaved my entire subdivision and while the dust was a giant PITA it is so worth it cruising around on that fresh fresh.

Had to postpone picking her up by a few days but again... worth it.

20200404_113037 (resized).jpg20200404_113037 (resized).jpg
#8151 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They need to put padlocks on these church doors, just like they did with bathhouses during the AIDS crisis.

You bring up a good point.

Remember the anti homosexual sentiment that came with the spread of HIV?

I wonder how this is going to affect future church numbers when it become obvious their tithes or more needed then their lives.

#8160 4 years ago

Seems like folks already did that no?

#8434 4 years ago

Hey Odin.

What's your favorite local to-go/delivery place?

I'd like to send you some dinner if that is okay with you

EDIT: Same goes to you Doc. PM me

#8438 4 years ago

I really appreciate that but it’s not necessary. I’m just trying to do what I can to help.
Tell you what, if you come to TPF next year I’ll let you buy me a beer.

Had my tickets this year and will be there next year.

If you substitute beer with your favorite bourbon, whiskey or otherwise high dollar drink (hell steaks work too,) then I agree

#8493 4 years ago

Me and the misses made a picnic basket and caught the sunset followed by supermoon.

I hope as many of you as possible are able to catch it tonight. For you night owls it will be turning orange "strawberry" later this mornin

20200407_200659 (resized).jpg20200407_200659 (resized).jpg
#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I feel like you have been waiting to bless us with this meme and that I may have given you the perfectly unintentional alley-oop

#8502 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last couple of days they have told us Los Angeles has the cleanest air of any major city in the world right now.
Never thought I'd see the day...

I believe that. I'll never forget watching the smog from LA get sucked through palm springs and out into the ocean when I lived in Cali.

I remember thinking to myself: "shit that's a fuckton of airflow.. if only they shut it off for a few days.."

#8513 4 years ago

You dont need a park for a tent or a grill.

You saw my previous pic. That is an open field where a 5 story commercial building is slated to go up ne t year (maybe now,)

Point is, police understand and even drove by tonight to ask about the cars (my buddy was there with his,) and didnt care as long as we were being smart.

For the first time in a while I believe we are seeing more understanding amongst people who generally disagree

#8638 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

13 year old Charlotte Figi died yesterday from covid 19. She's the inspirational girl who the famous Charlotte's web marijuana strain is named after. With cbd oil she was able to go from suffering 1000s of seizures a week to a couple. There's a 2 part CNN documentary on her called Charlotte's Web.
Rip Charlotte Figi

13 years old girl. MFker.
I'm tuning out today guys.
Stay the fuck inside guys

#8728 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have bruises from women with 10 foot poles.

Internal?

#8929 4 years ago

I'll preface by saying this is NSFW and can be perceived as racist so before you go clicking on this link please know I didnt create it.

I did however find it hilarious and very well put together.

Ladies and gentleman I present: Sars Wars:

#9111 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

In my younger years, this would have warranted a thorough 'tp' job on their house, along with eggs on their car and crisco in their mailbox. Nowadays, two of those three options would be pretty tough because of lack of availability.

Just shit on their doorstep.

I find that we are pretty consistent at creating that nuisance.

#9137 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Maybe someone should check with Taiwan to get some ideas how to manage this crisis. Numbers don't lie.

Or New Zealand for that matter

#9140 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Right! They’ve handled it brilliantly so far. They don’t have 50 states granted but they had strong decisions early.

It will be interesting to see a population density versus spread study/ratio after this is all over and how that may affect where people choose to call home in the future.

#9147 4 years ago

So this is irresponsible speculation on my part but I like playing conspiracy theorist from time to time.

Remember when we kept reading about all these seemingly random chinese "tourist," show up all over military bases and even Mar-A-Lago ?

I remember reading about what seemed like a new story of another mainland chinese "tourist," getting caught on restricted space like once a week for 2 months straight.

Personally the conspiracy theorist side of me would love to know if any of those individuals had antibodies present in testing.

Especially now.

There's my tinfoil hat thought for the day

#9161 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Every country was doing this, sending rich influencers to schmooze at Maralago. In a number of cases it has shown to be extremely efficient and cost-effective ways to petition for changes in American policy and trade, or at the very least a way to catch the right person's ear

Again, I am being very conspiracy theorist with this thought but can you think of any better way to target military installations on both coast with an unknown biological agent then to have them detained and interviewed by upper brass and who knows how many other people?

https://qz.com/1780979/chinese-caught-surveilling-same-us-military-base-twice-in-2-weeks/

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/01/08/more-chinese-nationals-arrested-for-snapping-pictures-of-navy-base/

https://qz.com/1779627/chinese-tourists-are-being-recruited-to-spy-on-the-us/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/were-these-six-chinese-trespassers-confused-tourists-or-spies-fbi-n1140496

EDIT: These are all active months after intelligence discovered it was spreading in China (November)

The earliest article here is Jan 5th

#9169 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

So when is the world going to hold China and the WHO accountable for making things what they are and far worse than needs to be?? All of us need to do the collective thing and stop buying from them or made in China so they get the picture that lying leads to dying. That's the one thing we dont hear too much of coming from any of the worlds leaders and why is that?? Not sure of the reason for the silence

Actually, was watching daily news updates and literqlly called a buddy and said " holy shit, today is the first day I have heard any sort of war drumming against China on the news.

Sentiment in UK is they want accountability. London reporter quoted someone saying " We will not wait for the conclusion of this to begin identifying why China handled it in this manner."

First time I've heard people posturing more against China instead of the dont make Xi mad tip toe I've been watching.

#9201 4 years ago

Wheres that popcorn emoji guy you all use when I need it.

#9209 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Hidden Meadows Golf Course. Exit 197 off of 95, turn left, 3/4 mile from the interstate. It's a fun, challenging 9-hole course, that has a foot of snow on it from last night's storm.

Just tell em Dooskie sent you

#9220 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks!
I am keeping in touch with her older daughter since she will actually pick up her phone.
The Dr. said the Covid-19 test came back negative but he is not buying it. Since it is based on a swab test, he has taken another sample directly from her lungs.
He has also put forth the possibility that she already beat it, but her immune system is still fighting, unfortunately her own organs. I forget the name of that condition.

Not a doctor but I believe you are referring to what they call Cytokine storm. Where the immune response just starts attacking everything.

Reading a lot about that this morning.

Glad to hear she is on the mend.

#9462 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

4 people on this planet know where my bunker is. Yes it is boobie trapped. Yes with animal proof explosives in designated blast proximity. No, you can’t come over for dinner.

Go watch Angel has Fallen on netflix now

#9466 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I realized I had been given this about 10 years ago. I believe it to be from an MRE.? About an inch and a half tall.[quoted image]

Maybe bit those are all over the place.
Source: Had an ex who was weird about loving all things small and found these often

(Yes I realize what I wrote before posting but you gotta throw your boys an alleyoop once in a while)

#9527 4 years ago

If you dont know
Now you know Pinners

1586638612127297590106099217673 (resized).jpg1586638612127297590106099217673 (resized).jpg
#9553 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Tried baking a frozen pizza for the first time during this crisis. I think Ill stick to pinball repair.[quoted image]

The trick is not defrosting and going straight from freezer to oven.

You defrosted didnt you...?

#9618 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yesterday was another beautiful day and I took my bike out for a ride on open space trails. It maybe overkill in this circumstance but I've adapted to wearing a mask now similar to putting a seat belt on.
Some observations. People exercising outdoors are wearing face protection, probably 8 out of 10. Those not, sometimes get the stink eye from those that do. I saw a young couple with three small kids, riding their tiny bicycles and all wearing masks. That was heartwarming.
During my ride through the city to get home, I noticed a few houses having a picnic on their rooftops. Lawn chairs, blankets, coolers and music were hauled up there. Fun stuff.
Looking at my picture made me wonder what my reaction would be if I could send it back in time to my teenage self with no explanation.[quoted image]

Well if it was a younger version of you they would definitely start by mocking you for using portrait instead of landscape or something ridiculous like that

#9621 4 years ago

Anyone else doing this with the cash they have or are getting from the bank?

Makes me feel better not only handling but also distributing back out.

Trying to use mostly card but also trying to tip cash to all delivery people right now.

20200412_111828 (resized).jpg20200412_111828 (resized).jpg
#9628 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Checks have gone pretty much way of the dinosaur over here .

I am 37 years old and I have written less than ten checks in my life.

I cant tap and go the UPS , FedEx guys, food delivery folks and the ones that have tip options online always figure out a way to screw the intended recipient.

I truly to use venmo and other cash app services but sometimes cash is just needed and this makes me feel better when it is a must.

#9679 4 years ago

No context needed. Happy Easter

Screenshot_20200412-160656_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200412-160656_Instagram (resized).jpg
#10301 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am now of the opinion pidley viruses don't stand a chance when Mr. Sunshine comes out. It don't even want to come near here now.

2 days of rain in the last month.
Florida stats beg you to not believe that. Jest or not.

#10378 4 years ago

You guys know what really yanks my crank...

But seriously I just met the first person on pinside of whom I have ever downvoted every comment.

Hurray firsts!

#10932 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Only thing I was worried about was running out of Jack Daniels or Mexican Coke. My buddy told me the Coke was now extinct and I would have to suffer with high fructose corn syrup from now on. That's the shit that will give you a hangover to no end.
However, Smart and Final has both at a comparable price to Costco, but without all the idiots waiting in line.

Only the finest mexican coke for Odin

#11455 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

This good ole boy humor just doesn't have a place in this thread. It IS offensive to some and could be curtailed. I don't think that it's so much of a strain on your personal freedoms to be respectful when you are asked to...maybe you really don't understand why, but you can see it's bothering people. So why make it a rights issue and just stick to the subject of the thread. CORONA virus.

I'll spit some beechnut to that

#11457 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Old white dudes always think they're so funny!

I'm 37 and feeling old as shit right now.

So I am going to feign resentment.

Grrr. How dare you.

#11788 4 years ago

Your answer will be discussed heavily and argued by both sides over the next week.

One side is starting to talk about holding China accountable and there is 9 trillion plus worth of debt to make a claim against.

It is definitely going to get interesting and I am not confident the outcome with be decided by where or who created the virus

#11791 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

That's what I'm wondering too.
Correct me if I'm wrong but minimum wage jobs will have to pay their workers even more money to entice workers who would otherwise just be content receiving UBI and not work.
Then it will be the $2 menu at Mc.Donald's

GTFO with suggestions like this Satan.

2$ fuck

EDIT: Will this be O-dins last straw?

#12146 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What's the diner? I'd be really interested to hear about a diner that's been operating for that long

Yes. I'd like to order half their menu as well.

You know...

For science

#12149 4 years ago

1 would think

#12158 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ben Affleck showing lack of knowldge. Ridiculous Hollywood moment.[quoted image][quoted image]

"IM BATMAN"

#12410 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Talking of people doing what they were told - time for a New Zealand update!
You may recall that NZ has been locked down hard for 5 weeks. Nothing open except supermarkets and gas stations.
Pretty much all of the 5 million population has done what they were told, and stayed home for 5 weeks.
Yesterday we got down to 1 new case.
Today we have moved down to “level 3” where restaurants can have food delivered or you can pick up “contactless”. Builders can go back to work under strict rules. Still no retail stores open though ... but a little more freedom from what we had in the last 5 weeks.
As yet, I haven’t seen any angry mobs outside the town hall.
rd[quoted image]

I'm so fucking jealous.

I naively believed locking down March 13th would be an easy solution.

I'm surrounded by a majority of people of all ages and demographic who mock me for the precautions I've made since then until now.

I so wish ego could have been outweighed by compassion and everyone just shutter the fuck down for 4 to 6 weeks and curb this for the sake of all humanity and generations to come.

So fucking let down but the inability to accomplish such a relatively easy feat versus the potential negative outcome of months or years.

This argument stands true based on economic impact alone. Regardless if you believe the seriousness of Covid or think it's a hoax.

Damnit.

#12600 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Comparing a home to a workplace is not quite equivalent...

Says the man with 39 pinball machines

Or something

Shit. Did I do that right?

#12858 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just a reminder to stay on topic. This is a COVID-19 thread, not a discussion on gun control.

What does every think about GUNS

and Roses from JJP?

How long do you speculate COVID will cost in terms of production time?

Seriously though. (Sorryish)

#13062 3 years ago

Thought I'd share this experience from last night.

Went to fill up gas at the local 7-11. Their card readers outside were not working so begrudgingly I put on my mask and sprayed aone lysol on a hand rag and proceeded to go inside.

On the way in I noticed a corporate sticker on the door stating 6 feet rule and also asking to use masks for "safety of their employees." - I was rather pleased to read that.

I then proceeded to hand the 55 ish year old man my card and when he gave it back I use my lysol rag to retrieve it.

The attendant then remarks " are you going to come in with a hazmat suit on next week?" And chuckled in his own self amusement.

I explained my family is high risk and I have to help them move to which he tells me " you need to check your news sources: this is just the flu."

I replied "More people dead than Vietnam buddy.." to which he doubled down and just started walking away and yelling "it's just the fluuuu!"

Anyway. Called corporate hotline and explained how they had a covidiot spreading his own personal agenda and mocking people for taking precautions.

I dont ever wish someone's livelihood challenged but fuck that guy completely and I hope he lost his job.

#13485 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And ironically, it appears to be a store that caters to the elderly.

Plot twist: " They own the local funeral home." (Probably)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FYMF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=FYMF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.