272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4728 4 years ago

Looks like it wouldn’t have matter if TPF was cancelled or not we would have been out. Family just tested positive for COVID19 after being sick for a week. We’re over and done with it, no one was hospitalized thank god. Luckily the kid had it the easiest, just shit her pants one day and was done with it.

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, glad you guys are all feeling better. Do you mind me asking how old all of you are and what symptoms you experienced through the past week or so while you were sick? Did you all pretty much assume you had it or was there still a question if you had the flu or something else?

I’m 43, wife is 45, kid 11.

Day 1: Started with a small cough that I thought was just from allergies that usually hit me this time a year. Left for work one morning feeling fine then around 3 started to get lightheaded and dizzy after having long conversations. Rushed home and within four hours was in bed with phenomena like symptoms. Lots of growing pressure in the lungs, trouble getting enough oxygen when I breathed, fever, dizzy. Next morning my body felt like it had gone through a war, coughing up a storm and just felt really weak. Slowly improved that day. Lungs still had lots of pressure, coughing a shit load but nothing was loosening up.

Day 2-5: Over the next few days the pressure in the lungs started to dissipate and I started to feel better but still would have waves of fatigue. One day it got so bad I had to lie down after pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The fatigue waves lasted for about 3 days and my cough started to shift from dry to wet. Finally whatever was in my lungs was starting to loosen up and I was spitting out clear phlegm.

Day 6-7: Worried I was beginning to relapse. Lungs felt like sandpaper, pressure was returning slightly and the fatigue was so bad I was couch locked for the majority of it. FaceTimed with my parents one day to give them an update on how we were doing and let them chat with their grandkid and it just exhausted me from just talking.

Day 8: Energy returned but my lungs felt destroyed. Hurt to take deep breaths and when I did there was this weird additional breath noise. Luckily that progressively improved over the last week and I’m almost back to 100%.

Wife also had the fatigue and fever but luckily no lung, just GI issue. Strangely I only had hot flashes, no sustained high fever, just small spikes that only lasted a few mins.

It was the weirdest sickness I’ve ever experienced. Usually I feel it in my sinuses with a cold or sick to my stomach with a flu. This just felt like something was attacking my lungs, everything else felt fine. Right away I suspected we had COVID19 so warned everyone I had been in contact with and the family immediately went into quarantine before we were even tested. Someone tested positive in our building the week before and I use the same elevator.

Pro tip: Get a pen with a cap to travel around with. Take the cap off to push buttons and put it back on when you’re done.

#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Glad you and your family are ok. Sounds like you were borderline needing to be hospitalized.

The scary thing is when I originally called to get tested they told me to stay away. The nurse on the phone said if I can finish a sentence I’m not high priority right now and to only rush myself to the ER if I’m out of breath while just sitting down. Hospitals are so slammed here in Washington they seem to be only focusing on the really sick and high risk.

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, glad you guys made it through it without needing hospitalization. Did you have any conditions like hypertension, asthma, etc? It sounds like men generally are getting hit harder by this which seems to mirror your experience.
Scary stuff. I'm curious, now that you've all had it, do you feel relieved? It would be nice if we knew that having had it provided 100% immunity so you could just go about life not worrying about it anymore.

I take medication for my blood pressure so hypertension was a risk factor for me.

Sounds like the body builds up enough antibodies for at least some sort of temporary immunity. Hopefully it’ll last until we have a vaccine. Lungs feel a bit compromised now so at least knowing that it wasn’t a typical respiratory virus and not having to worry about a one two punch with COVID19 is a huge relief.

#4811 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

This could be an exact description of what me and mine suffered back in mid-November. I will always be convinced it was around then in the US and we got it.

I think lots of people have had it and don’t realize. In Washington state they predict it was in the state for weeks before the first case was identified. Hopefully there’s an accessible antibody test soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=Ed209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.